shape
carat
color
clarity

Hearts and Arrows V's

DiamondTo

Rough_Rock
I am curious, on some hearts and arrows images the sizes of the V's are different even though they are symmetrical. What does this mean I regards to the cut precision?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DiamondTo|1448496372|3954233 said:
I am curious, on some hearts and arrows images the sizes of the V's are different even though they are symmetrical. What does this mean I regards to the cut precision?
On a true H&A stone all 8 hearts should match in size.

DiamondTo

Rough_Rock
I'm aware of the hearts matching in size

My question is in terms of the V tips being of different sizes and symmetrical
What does this mean in regards to the cut?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Post a picture. I don't understand your description either but am confident we've seen whatever artifact you're talking about.

gr8leo87

Shiny_Rock
Distorted Vs = distorted hearts.
Shorter LGFs = fatter hearts and tighter Vs.
Longer LGFs = Thin hearts with clefts. Vs further.

Vs not of all same size and distance from hearts means the precision is of lesser quality. LGFs of differing lengths may contribute to differing Vs inspite of apparently symmetrical hearts. Perfects hearts start to form at ≈77 LGFs.

DiamondTo

Rough_Rock
gr8leo87|1448510524|3954279 said:
Distorted Vs = distorted hearts.
Shorter LGFs = fatter hearts and tighter Vs.
Longer LGFs = Thin hearts with clefts. Vs further.

Vs not of all same size and distance from hearts means the precision is of lesser quality. LGFs of differing lengths may contribute to differing Vs inspite of apparently symmetrical hearts. Perfects hearts start to form at ≈77 LGFs.

Thanks
I've seen symmetrical V's which are the same distance apart but some
Are larger than others.

I wonder why people don't emphasis the size of the V's more instead of only focusing on the hearts

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
DiamondTo,

I think posting pictures, as Yssie requested, would go a long way in helping us understand your question. What you may be seeing are slight variances in the positioning of the diamond or the camera lense. Sometimes this is interpreted as problems of symmetry. Positioning the camera lense and diamond in perfect parallel for photography can be a tricky proposition and without the highest quality control, poorly angled photographs can sometimes sneak by.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results