shape
carat
color
clarity

heart in throat

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
well, i always like to think i''m a rather common, everyday sort of person......until yesterday afternoon.

i can only now post about it: yesterday late afternoon i went for a physical theraphy treatment and removed all my jewelry except for my little 2mm wedding band. removal included: e-ring [8.18 spessartite set in 22k gold], rhr [18k italian gold], chain with pendant [18k red gold solid chain link also italian with 1.5 inch solid silver sand dollar], earrings [laurel burch sun/moon design].

i was so concerned about the weather and getting home before snow hit the mountains that i left w/o them! i had gone to my car, called my hubby to check on weather, realized i didn''t have my jewelry, ran back to the office which was locked up tight! i knocked on the door so hard that people were leaving other offices to see what was going on. i even opened the mail slot to yell into it. no luck. then the real fear: cleaning people! depression of major proportions that i might have lost my precious spessartite for ever........

its a miracle i slept last night.

left many phone messages and got someone at 9a this morning: they have no cleaning people that come in and my jewelry was where i left it!!!!! thanks the powers that be!!!!! hubby just called to confirm he''s picked it all up.

i did a mental calculation of the dollar value of these pieces i was wearing. i dress so casually that no one would never guess the value of these pieces and sometimes i do as well. to replace them would cost a lot more money than was paid [$20k] .....not to mention the emotional attachment. the laurel burch earrings were the only ''costume'' jewelry i was wearing. i am so relieved on so many levels...including emotional....that all is recovered.

i think i''m going to call my insurance agent and see what coverage would have been had the items actually have gone walkabout.

movie zombie

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
32.gif

My fingers are so tightly crossed for you!

EMPTorres

Shiny_Rock
With things going on around us, our heads getting so clouded with things that we sometimes forget. I am glad that you have a happy ending and your items didn''t grow legs.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
THANK GOD!!! Geez, that would have been so awful to have lost all of those pieces...I would be especially sad about the e-ring! I am so happy to hear that they will be returning home to you!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh dear lord, that would have made me nervous!

I don''t even like my e-ring very much and when I thought I lost it last year I was walking around like an insane person slowly pacing the streets until I found it.

I have no clue how you slept last night. Thank god for no cleaning people!

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
OMG.... I just read the first part and didn''t see that everything was safe. *whew*

A friend recently lost her ER - most likely to hired help (she thinks). It wasn''t insured and she''s heartbroken.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
MZ,

I am so glad everything was where you left it. I know how much you love and adore your e-ring. Thank God, they don''t have cleaning people!!!!!!!!!! I bet you will be kissing those rings and pieces when they are returned to you.
9.gif

Linda

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh MZ, I''m so happy everything was there and you will be getting it back safe and sound!!!! It''s such a horrible feeling when you realize something is lost or gone. I can''t imagine how you made it through the night.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks everyone.....i knew this crew would understand! and i just could write about it until hubby called to say they were in his possession. the office was really nice and called this afternoon to say my hubby had been by and got them. and they feel bad! not their fault; entirely mine. certainly a learning lesson!

movie zombie

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Holy MOly--what a scare! Glad your stuff was safe!

cheers--Sharon

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Oh Movie Zombie!
I''m glad your jewelry is safe!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m glad you got it back, MZ. Why are you having physical therapy? I have had some ups and downs, too, and haven''t wanted to start a new thread about them but I will unload here. My daughter attempted suicide two weeks ago and just got out of the hospital yesterday and we had to euthanize our Lab, Biscuit, on Monday.

Deb
34.gif

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/25/2008 6:39:51 PM
Author: AGBF

I''m glad you got it back, MZ. Why are you having physical therapy? I have had some ups and downs, too, and haven''t wanted to start a new thread about them but I will unload here. My daughter attempted suicide two weeks ago and just got out of the hospital yesterday and we had to euthanize our Lab, Biscuit, on Monday.

Deb

34.gif

MZ: Glad you go everything back safe and sound.

AGBF: Good God I''m so sorry. I''ll send prayers to support you, your family, and your daughter. Also, your sweet Biscuit. Was he ill?

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I''m glad everything is safe and sound!

I lost 3 antique rings once; removed them in a dressing room because I didn''t want to pull a sweater! Needless to say, they disappeared for good. One of them was a diamond ring my grandmother had given me; it was not a family heirloom, thank God.

I never remove jewelry now except for a massage; and even then, they go inside my purse.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/25/2008 6:51:27 PM

Author: ang3199

AGBF: Good God I'm so sorry. I'll send prayers to support you, your family, and your daughter. Also, your sweet Biscuit. Was he ill?

I suppose he was, but I had gotten used to each ailment. He was 11 1/2, which is old for such an enormous Lab. He far exceeded the size standards for the breed, a vet once calling him, "a Great Dane in Lab clothing". One leg didn't work at all although he had had a TPLO. He had arthritis in his lower back, knees, and who knows where else. He couldn't bark because he had paralysis of the throat and had had a tieback to keep his windpipe open, leaving him prone to pneumonia (from which he had successfully recuperated after a stay in the hospital on IV antibiotics). I had watched him in recent months in growing angst, mourning constantly. He had long since ceased to go up a flight of stairs within the house. Within the past two weeks he found it too hard to go up the three steps from the back yard onto the deck leading into the house. One day my husband and I lifted him to his feet so that he could walk outside and he bit my legs, telling me that it hurt him. He wanted to lie down all the time, preferably on his side. It was when we tried to lift him so that he could go outside to urinate and he bit me that I knew I had to euthanize him. If lifting him to help him hurt him, I couldn't keep doing that!

So I brought him bowls of pastina and chicken broth and fresh snow and gave him chicken nuggets for the next several days and when it was time to euthanize him he had the best hours he has had in the past year! He was totally unaware of anything, was loved and kissed and cuddled, and got many treats...including lots of chocolate, which he had never had before. I had always thought I would come unglued because I love my dog more than I love most people, but I didn't.... The vet said I was one of the rare people who was able to celebrate the joy of his dog's life (at the end). And I did. In my last hour with Biscuit I kissed him and cuddled him and loved him and got my full money's worth out of every second :).

Deb
34.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh My Gosh, AGBF, I''m sitting here in tears over your last post. What a terrible time you have just gone through. My most positive thoughts that things will turn around for your daughter and my heartfelt sympathies over the loss of your beloved Lab.

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/25/2008 7:19:21 PM
Author: AGBF

Date: 1/25/2008 6:51:27 PM

Author: ang3199

AGBF: Good God I''m so sorry. I''ll send prayers to support you, your family, and your daughter. Also, your sweet Biscuit. Was he ill?

I suppose he was, but I had gotten used to each ailment. He was 11 1/2, which is old for such an enormous Lab. He far exceeded the size standards for the breed, a vet once calling him, ''a Great Dane in Lab clothing''. One leg didn''t work at all although he had had a TPLO. He had arthritis in his lower back, knees, and who knows where else. He couldn''t bark because he had paralysis of the throat and had had a tieback to keep his windpipe open, leaving him prone to pneumonia (from which he had successfully recuperated after a stay in the hospital on IV antibiotics). I had watched him in recent months in growing angst, mourning constantly. He had long since ceased to go up a flight of stairs within the house. Within the past two weeks he found it too hard to go up the three steps from the back yard onto the deck leading into the house. One day my husband and I lifted him to his feet so that he could walk outside and he bit my legs, telling me that it hurt him. He wanted to lie down all the time, preferably on his side. It was when we tried to lift him so that he could go outside to urinate and he bit me that I knew I had to euthanize him. If lifting him to help him hurt him, I couldn''t keep doing that!

So I brought him bowls of pastina and chicken broth and fresh snow and gave him chicken nuggets for the next several days and when it was time to euthanize him he had the best hours he has had in the past year! He was totally unaware of anything, was loved and kissed and cuddled, and got many treats...including lots of chocolate, which he had never had before. I had always thought I would come unglued because I love my dog more than I love most people, but I didn''t.... The vet said I was one of the rare people who was able to celebrate the joy of his dog''s life (at the end). And I did. In my last hour with Biscuit I kissed him and cuddled him and loved him and got my full money''s worth out of every second :).

Deb

34.gif

Bless his heart. Poor baby. I tend to enjoy the company of animals much more than that of humans, so I feel your pain as well as your passion.

**hugs**

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/25/2008 7:28:17 PM
Author: Catmom
Oh My Gosh, AGBF, I''m sitting here in tears over your last post. What a terrible time you have just gone through. My most positive thoughts that things will turn around for your daughter and my heartfelt sympathies over the loss of your beloved Lab.
HI:

I feel the same. How can I help?

kidn regards--Sharon

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
deb, so now i really have my heart in my throat. given the emotional roller coaster of your last two weeks, i feel like a wimp whining over here.

its so easy as a companion pet ages to chalk things up to age....i''ve done it. sharing their final days and actual passing is something i don''t relish but i do out of respect and honor for all the love and joy they have brought me.

and your daughter, your lovely girl.....i am deeply saddened. many many years ago a friend of mine''s son committed suicide at age 17. please know you can private e-mail any time [i think you still have my e-mail address]. thank you for seeing this thread and sharing with us.

movie zombie

ps i think you may also have my phone number.....feel free to call anytime. and effecive last night, i''m also on skype; if you are also we can talk for free via our computers.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MZ, soooo glad to hear that things turned out ok re. leaving your precious sparklies at the PT office! What a nail-biter!!! Not to mention heart attack-inducer!!! [:

AGBF: oh my goodness, you have been through a lot in the recent past. Your post about Biscuit also had me in tears, how fortunate he was to have you and you are a wonderful person for making his last hours so good for him. I''m very sad for your daughter, but obviously so relieved to hear that her attempt was not successful. I am not religious, but my best and most positive thoughts go out to you and her and I hope that she is able to find peace and overcome whatever issues she''s having and that she goes on to have a happier and healthier life.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
holly, the loss of antique rings with many years of love and wearing by your grandmother in a dressing room must have been awful. i do indeed feel fortunate that i was able to collect my baubles safely. hubby is on the way home now with them as i type this.

re my physical theraphy: mostly right shoulder....rotator cuff....and into the neck. i fell august 2006 and never really took care of it. steady deterioration until august 2007 when i got the wake up call while gardening and lost use of my arm for a few hours. did the x-rays and MRI which i only got through because of the rolling stones [claustrophobic] and started physical theraphy in november. however, i never really felt that the treatment i was getting there was geared to me, more textbook sports medicine. the doctor who originally said we''d wait for 6-12 months to see if improved before talking surgery, started talking surgery in december [only 3 months]. so i got a referral from a friend who does massage and works with a physical therapist. i started with the new physical therapist started last week. she comes from a different modality and i feel is getting my shoulder worked loose. i also feel her style is more in tune to mine.....and she doesn''t think surgery will be necessary if we take it slow and easy. which is exactly my thoughts also! i''ve lost mobility in my right arm to the extent i can''t put on my braw the normal reach up behind the back way. in fact, i can''t move my arm back much more than to my side. there has been improvement in other movements though. oh, and i did have a cortisone shot last october. didn''t really want to but had i not done that i would never have been able to start the physical theraphy in november due to pain.

i think our health insurance is very good when it comes to physical theraphy which helps tremendously. however, PT isn''t in the PPO so i have a portion of co-pay. still all in all i''m pleased with my decision to move away from sports medicine treatment. side note: interestingly enough, she is majorly less expensive than the group i was going to before and our insurance paid the total bill.

movie zombie

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MZ, I felt sick for you until I read the good ending! But if you don''t have the more expensive pieces itemized on a rider, you need to do that ASAP!!!!

Deb!!!!! I don''t know what to say. I am very upset to hear about your daughter. Please know you''ll be in my thoughts and prayers.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so glad you got it all back safe and sound. I would have totally freaked out.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want to thank you, ang, Catmom, Sharon, MZ, monnie, and ds. I know Pricescopers are my friends. I really, really do. And I know if I had posted my troubles elsewhere (in a more prominent place) the many dog lovers of PS would have been all over that thread :). I knew MZ, who is a very close friend, wouldn't mind sharing her thread here, though. Thank you all so much.

Hugs,
Deb
34.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i think heart in throat was an appropriate place for us to share, deb........ you and yours are in my thoughts.

movie zombie

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MZ, I hope that gorgeous ring is back on your finger today and doesn''t come off for awhile!!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
yep, got it back friday night! now when i''m out and about and wearing it i''m constantly looking to make sure its still on!

movie zombie

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a relief! Glad your treasures and safe and sound.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Movie zombie I''m glad you got your things back. It''s funny how we always hear about the bad outcomes, but not necessarily the good ones.

AGBF,
I''m shocked to hear about your daughter. I hope she is ok. I know for young people everything can be so emotionally intense and don''t have the perspective to realize a moment''s action can have lifetime consequences. My thoughts to you.

My condolences about your dog. That is the sad thing about having pets, they do not have as long of a lifespan as we do, so we have to witness them getting older, suffering through the indignities of old age, and their passing. But I''m sure even to the end your dog knew he was in loving hands.

Right now I''m in the same situation with our pet dog. Our ordeal started about a week and a half ago. I always thought I would know what to do when it came to this point, but I just don''t know. We don''t know if it is better to keep trying or we are being selfish not wanting to let her go.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dear part gypsy,

If talking it through would help, you should post a thread in Hangout. I have been thoroughly involved in several threads about pets there. (If I get involved in one at all, I never let it go.) People who respond to threads there are all animal lovers and owners and share the poster''s concerns completely. It is a great place to talk. I discussed Biscuit there. I cried over other people''s animals there. I also watched people''s animals get well. There are so many pet lovers here on Pricescope that it is astounding!

Talking to my vet about euthanasia also helped me. It got me clear about when I would do it. I wasn''t ready when I spoke to the vet. Within a week of that talk I was, because Biscuit had deteriorated more. I was truly sure when we did it. I had no doubts. My vet had said that she and her husband had known at the same moment when the time came to euthanize their first dog. If you love your pet the way we do, you do not take this lightly. You want your pet to have as much life as possible...without suffering. Once a dog knows nothing but frustration, cannot do what he wants even with assistance, life is just too sad. You will know when it is time. But I encourage you to start a thread of your own. You deserve one.

Big hugs to you,
Deb
34.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results