shape
carat
color
clarity

Heart & Arrow ...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Undecided

Rough_Rock
By just looking at the GIA certification, is it possible to tell whether a stone is Heart&Arrow or just round brilliant or do I need info on the pavillion also. I am considering the following stone...I have been told it is H&A but have never seen it and only have a copy of the GIA report. Could measurements and numbers on a certification ensure the crispness and symmetry of all 8 hearts and arrows?

$9000
Round Brilliant
Measurement 7.01-7.04 x 4.27
Weight 1.26 carat
Depth 60.8%
Table 55%
Girdle Thin-Medium faceted
Culet None
Polish Excellent
Symm Excellent
Clarity VVS2
Color F

:read:

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
You can't tell whether a diamond will display the hearts and arrows pattern unless you see it in a hearts and arrows viewer. Also, be aware that some diamonds that are marketed as showing this pattern do not show a true pattern. Although different brands and unbranded diamonds show slightly different hearts and arrows patterns, you can look here for a description of a good pattern: https://www.pricescope.com/hearts_arrows.asp

Is this an unbranded diamond? Who is the seller? If you will be taking or sending the diamond to an independent appraiser before the expiration of the seller's return policy, choose an appraiser who knows what a good H&A pattern should look like and has a hearts and arrows viewer.

Also, ask the seller for a Sarin report so you can get the crown and pavilion angles. You'll get more feedback on the diamond that way.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Alison is correct however if the vendor has a good quality Sarin device and the latest software they can send us a scan (.srn file) and we can do a virtual check to see if the stone displays H&A's with the new DiamCalc2 program.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results