shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, glad I didn’t have to dispatch a rescue squad for you.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, Liam got his taxes back from the accountant yesterday and he owes TWELVE GRAND! The issue is that he sold over $120K on ebay plus his bank got bought in the middle of the year so he had a big retention bonus, which was taxed at a flat rate. And apparently not HIGH ENOUGH of a flat rate. YOWCH! He also writes off some home use, but not his medical premiums. I'm glad you said that though because I haven't done that for the past years since my old company paid my medical. The new one doesn't so I'll be writing those off going forward too. Did you get your new lens and the two rings? Was your big check from Publisher's Clearing House in the mailbox? (Yah... me neither... :lol:) That Klinger line cracks me up every time!

This week has been BUSY! I even have something I need to proof read and send off to the corporate risk department by the end of today. And you know how I like to use my Fridays for listing!

Speaking of listing, Liam just helped me set up a draft in ebay. It was a little clunky, but I'm sure it will be second nature just like the etsy ones are after I do a couple thousand LOL.

Alright, off to the shower and then to see what's happening downstairs. The mutts are running from door to door so I suspect the squirrels are tormenting them again.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, ouch to what Liam owes for taxes - our max owed ever was about 5K less than that. I'd rather break about even, but planning ahead for that is rough. Darn those taxes - you know on the only guaranteed in life . . . I had no idea you could deduct medical premiums. I knew we never have enough medical bills (or deductions at all) other than using the standard deduction. If only I could claim all the bears and rabbits as dependents. :lol:

I did not get either my lens or rings yet. The rings are "supposed" to be delivered by FedEx tomorrow. However, I didn't think FedEx delivered on Saturday. We will see. The lens got shipped today. I guess they were closed for Passover. It should show up Monday or Tuesday. I am anxious to get it. I have that same series of lens in a different focal length and it's a great lens.

Sadly, my check from Publisher's clearing house. I'm sure it was misplaced somewhere in the mail. Hopefully it's arrive next week.

Yes, that Klinger line comes in handy. His character was great (among others) on MASH.

Did you get your "work" done? I did a lot of proof reading today. I worked eight hours and probably have one more post that I'll need to review today.

I am sure you'll get used to posting on Ebay. We used to list things sometimes, but it's been decades.

Marty headed north with the trailer about 9 this morning - during a snow storm. He said road construction was more of a pain than the snow for his 160 mile drive. But he arrived safely at the camp ground and is all set up. I had no idea the trailer has an electric heater / fireplace. I hope it works well. I'll be firmly planted in front of that on nights we are star gazing. After our huge 5th wheeler, he said they was way easier to steer and park.

I think I'll have popcorn for supper and watch TV all night. A friend of mine invited me over for pizza and games but it's going to be icy out there. Another friend is coming over here tomorrow and we're ordering pizza so that will work.

Laters,
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

We are having more big snowflakes this morning. They are pretty anyway. A friend of mine is coming over for lunch today. She is bringing wine and ice cream. I am ordering us in pizza and making cocoa brownies. What a fun way to spend the day.

My IT guy is out of town this weekend so naturally, our astronomy club website is down. Apparently the certificate expired yesterday. And so my email isn't coming through either. I did finally get the website to open and it doesn't look like it was hacked again. I told my SIL, I am following Marty's exploits through his debit card charges. He's been busy. His client competes today so hopefully that cuts down his shopping time.

Speaking of shopping, both of my shipments are delayed. My rings are delayed until Monday for delivery and my lens won’t get delivered until Thursday. WTH?

Off to brew up brownies.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Curby, wine, ice cream, pizza AND brownies?! That sounds like dying and going to food heaven! I did get my proofreading done and sent the project off to the people who want it. Now it's in their hands! I've got some listings queued up in ebay and ready to go but I'm not going to hit the button until tomorrow morning. Liam tells me it's better to post then than at night. Whatever; he certainly knows more than I do about this! How did Marty's client do today?

This morning I was up and about earlier than normal and ended up at the local auction a hour before I generally get there. That was a mistake. It's not like anything was going to happen in that hour where I just wandered around talking to people and it made the day even longer. Of course I came home with a big load of stuff, some of which I've washed up and have sitting on the counter ready for photos first thing.

Liam actually took one lap around the auction and came home to do some bidding at an that was going on online instead. He spend $2,300 on god only knows what -- makes my $151 seem like a bargain! His other activity today involved dealing with some tree damage from the storm a few weeks ago where we all spent some quality time in the basement. The most immediate issue was some big pine branches that needed to be cut up and burned because the landscapers are coming early next week, but since the branches were still green it was quite a process to get them going. He ultimately did have a mini inferno in the burn barrel all afternoon, but it's pouring here here now so that's over with for the night.

Debating whether to open a fresh bottle of prosecco and have one more glass or just haul my tired body upstairs to bed... Hmmm...

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In case you were on the edge of your seat dying to know... I went for the prosecco! :lol:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, that’s interesting that posting on Ebay works best at night. Whatever works, eh?

Glad to hear you did go for the prosecco lat night. I didn’t sleep well after my food heaven, Too much wine and sugar. Then our friendly neighborhood barking dog woke me up early.

Marty’s client won his division - but he was the only one in it. He didn’t meet all his attempts so Marty feels bad. They get three tries for each attempt and after an attempt the tell the judges how much they will try to lift the next time, so it’s a best guess that didn’t pan out. Glad I’m not a coach.

Phooey for going to the auction early and making it for a long day. At least you came home with more treasures. Yes, Liam certainly spent more than you on the auctions. Doing some tree maintenance is a chore and burning green limbs does take a while. Hopefully that’s done for another year. Our HOA requires a tree along the road and we have to trim it all the time because it spreads wider rather than growing taller.

I did a bit of work this morning and lifted. I am almost done with laundry already and got my lifting done already. I’m heading out now to get some new shoes.

Laters,
Curby

Here is the after and before pictures on my rings. The left is what they look like now. I like the new versions better. They seem to suit the settings.

Ring swap.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, I agree the rings look better now! So pruning the tree doesn't make it grow taller? I guess I never through about it, but that would seem like the logical thing to me. I mean, WHY wouldn't it go up then? Speaking of pruning things, I've got a schefflera that I grew from a tiny broken off piece. Now, living at Liam's under the skylight in the two story entryway, it's about ten feet tall. No joke. But it's only one lean stalk. If Dr. Seuss were to draw a schefflera tree this would be it. So I'm going to try to prune it this spring. It will either double in width or I'll kill it, one or the other! What kind of new shoes did you get?

Yesterday I was a listing machine! Liam came into the bedroom with my coffee around 7:30 and said he was heading out to the auction and needed a "go box" to put any glass in he bought for me, so I sprang up and put together a box and a bunch of paper and bubble wrap. Since I was then UP I just got on it. I was so productive I not only took pictures for everything I had washed, I even washed MORE and took those pictures too! The light helped -- since it was raining/snowing off and on all day I didn't have the killer bright light washing everything out in the kitchen once the sun moves over the top of the house around noon. Then I had three orders to pack, one Etsy and TWO EBAY! Yes, two of my brand new Ebay listings sold within hours of putting them up! I was THRILLED! One of them is for commemorative cups and saucers for a local state park and the buyer is only about an hour away. If he was any closer I would have just driven them down there LOL! It looks like the account belongs to an historical society, so that was a fun first sale to have. The other sale was a set of four glasses that I've had for over two years and just never got around to listing. They are in perfect condition and pretty rare. I had too double check the address (the label system in Ebay gave me a moment of pause so I wanted to be sure) and the house is a lovely old victorian. It is EXACTLY the type of house you'd think these glasses belong in!

Today I need to work like a dog. (Not that I didn't do that over the weekend, but this is a different kind of work! I'm happy to just be sitting down!)

Alright, off like a prom dress!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, you did have a busy and productive weekend. Nice to sell some things on Ebay already. You are becoming quite the entrepreneur.

That's great your schefflera grew so well from a little broken off piece. I think the tree we put by the street simply is a wide tree not a tall tree by nature. The tree we have in our front yard is the opposite. It grows tall and thin. For a long time I called it "Marge" because it reminded me of Marge Simpsons hair, it looked just like it in silhouettes. The nicest of our three threes is a maple in the backyard. It grew well and have gorgeous orange leaves in the fall. But like you said, you can trim things to try and encourage different growth patterns. When I was in college, a friend and I were in to house plants and the botany green house would let you go through there and take slips off plants to start your own. We'd get pretty much the same thing, go home and plant them and strange thing was - hers always did better than mine. One of my roommates told me she'd dig up my plants to see how the roots were doing. No wonder!

I got a pair of New Balance running shoes. What's strange is my feet are a tad bit longer. WTH? I haven't worn them yet, but I needed a new pair of tennis shoes.

LOL to "off like a prom dress" and happy to be working sitting down. I know sometimes after staycations when I did things around the house - I was delighted to go back to work. At least until I got there anyway.

It doesn't seem like Monday to me at all. I keep thinking it's Wednesday or something. I got up quite early to watch Starship launch but they scrubbed it at the last minute. I did get this picture of a very skinny crescent moon this morning though. I started work early so I am done already. Yay. I ran to the store to get some fruit and came home with a load of other crap as well. I've been doing sandwiches a lot for lunch (mostly PB) and wanted some BBQ chips to go with them. You can't get the little bags at the grocery store, so I got the smallest size Lays they had and will hide them from Marty. You know, that's the kind of food he "won't eat" until he downs the entire bag.

I am wearing my second new ring today and I sure am glad I swapped the stones between then, they are both better suited for the rings they are on now. Yay. I only have one more ring from them I might halo or move to another ring. That can wait until I pay myself back for all our recent "spend money like a drunken sailor" spree. We still have stuff to buy for the new trailer too.

Marty got home about 11 a.m. yesterday. After he unpacked we drove the trailer over to our friend's house where we keep it and stopped in to say hi to them. Other than that, I watched TV most of the day.

Laters,
Curby

Attachments

• Old moon April 17.jpg
    Old moon April 17.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Today's recap: up early, pretty sunrise, work, PB sandwich for quick lunch, work, now goofing off.

#notmuchonthethrillometer

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, cool picture of the crescent moon! I think tennis shoe sizes are crazy. I'm a 6-1/2 wide in the Books I'm wearing now, but I'm definitely smaller than that in regular work type shoes, and I don't think the little sockies I wear with them are making up for all that difference! My thrillometer seems to be stuck around where yours is. WTF -- don't we deserve a little excitement in our lives?!

Today was a mish mash. I got up, took pictures for three listings and put them down in the basement, drove downtown, left my car at my condo and went to visit Ilya, had a cleaning at my dentist, bought a rotisserie chicken, bottle of wine and bar of chocolate at Whole Foods on my way back, and spent a few hours queuing up draft listings. I also put some more things out on ebay, but I'm not sure what's going on there. I've read that new accounts are limited to 10 listings/$500 value so I purposely went over that on both accounts to see what would happen everything seems to be live... ???

Tomorrow I'm going into my downtown office. I'm tempted to get a dozen donuts on the way, but the danger there is that I'll eat one (or more...). Well see! I'm not sure if I'll be able to head back to The North Estate early enough to beat traffic or if I'll just wait 'till it clears and then go.

Better go and run the dishwasher and washing machine since I haven't done that here for ages.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I hope to catch the 22 hour old moon tomorrow night. Weather permitting. IMO Brooks shoes have gotten more narrow in the toes. I wear them often though. I'm good with my thrill-o-meter not showing much activity.

You have been busy. I wonder if Ebay pays that much attention to limits and quantities of listings? You'll be packing things up to ship all the time.

How was the trip to the downtown office? Did you get donuts? To be fair, a roasted chicken sounds better to me than a donut. I did have a brownie for dessert tonight.

I was up before 6 a.m. today and wanted to update a post for tomorrow so did that before showering. I was working before 7:30. I ended up working a bit over eight hours today but worked on two fun articles. I lifted and decided I really hate overhead presses. I think I'll lifting more on them than I was before, but since I didn't write it down, I'm not sure. I have about 75 more pounds to go before I'm back where I was dead lifting. I think.

We had a brief, but intense, snow storm today. Huge flakes.

I got a new sweatshirt top from Land's End and I'm sad because I like it, but it's sure not keeping me warm. I had on the gas fireplace but Marty got home from the gym early so I turned it off. He already thinks the house is too warm.

Laters,
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I hope you aren't buried behind a wall of boxes. I'll be calling 911 soon. :lol:

Wind and cold "blew" back in here today. Phooey. Probably not a chance I'll get clear skies tonight to look for a less than a day old moon. I did get my new lens. It's so cold though, I'm leaving it alone for now. Of course, Marty - being a guy - already pulled it out of the box and packaging.

I had some leftover pizza for lunch today and have no idea what I'll eat for supper. I did two batches of laundry today and had mostly busy work for work today.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, I started typing this and then I saw your last message pop up. Great minds!

I think ebay has stopped paying attention to me already LOL. I've got more listings up than I'm "allowed" in both number and dollar value. And I know they are all visible because I've had people look separately and they are there. Yes... there were indeed donuts... :lickout: I've given up trying to regulate the temperature in Liam's house. If it's anywhere near reasonable on the main floor that means it's absolutely freezing in the basement (I have to wear a polar fleece and thick socks wrapping orders all summer long) and so hot in the bedroom you could fry and egg on the headboard. There is NO thermostat setting that works for the entire house. We had pizza for a lunch at work today. Like my pants aren't tight enough.

Yesterday I didn't get on the highway until almost five and didn't see The North Estate until after seven. I had three orders to pack and a fourth one sold while I was boxing everything up. Then I had some wine glasses sell overnight to Australia so I popped out of bed around six and packed those up too since I had to go to the post office today anyway.

I need to wash a bunch of stuff and get it ready for tomorrow. Hold your hat on -- I'm going to break open a box from an auction almost two years ago! I labeled it "Betty Ludwig Blue" but really I have absolutely no idea what's in there. It will be like xmas -- except I bought it myself! :lol:

Alright, off to try to beat the rain home!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, yes, great minds do think alike. I hope you beat the rain home.

Ooh, how fun to explore what's in the box marked Betty Ludwig Blue. I bet it's blue.

That's great you are running free and wild on Ebay. They can't possibly be watching what sellers are doing. They may have algorithms that check for it, but it may take a while.

Our house has the same problem, but there's only two floors. The basement is definitely 15-20 degrees cooler in the winter and maybe 10-15 cooler in the summer. On days I lift, I have to go down and open the door to my gym to slightly warm it up. Marty runs an electric heater in his office by my gym, so some of that heat flows in there with the door open. That shows how cold it is down there too, since Marty actually runs a heater most of the time. He likes it cold. They screwed up when they built our house and never even put in return vents down there and we have 10 foot ceilings. They put some in, but it doesn't help on heat. We should have had them put a heaters and AC on both floors. At least I have an excuse to heat the main floor a bit more to "help" warm up the basement. Of course, in the summer it's a battle because Marty wants the AC cooler, I'm still always freezing.

Speaking of being cold, I dug out a heavy sweater I ordered last fall from LL Bean. It's warm, but it's not keeping me warm. I swear, I need to start wearing thermal underwear under everything. There's no keeping me warm.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, My old townhouse had two HVAC units and four floors and it worked great. I think all places should be done like that! I have to confess I didn't get to the first of Betty's boxes last night... I forgot I had another box from last week's auction in the dining room and I'm trying to keep that room clean so I washed all that up last night. But this weekend -- I swear!

Today is Listing Friday! Ur..... I mean... Work From Home Friday! I've got one call at two where I'm going to kick some a$$, but other than that I think it's going to be a light day.

Are you going to get out your new lens today?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

I've made my way through four of the old auction boxes! Most of the contents of two of them are going straight to the salvation army, but there were some unexpected treasures in there. Today the mission continues. This is, I think, pretty much my last chance for two weeks. Next Friday and Saturday I'm going to man the booth for my friend with the cowhide bags at the big craft market downtown, then I fly out on Sunday for a four day conference in Texas. In a perfect universe I'd have 42 draft listings ready to go so I could put up one a day for two weeks... but I don't think I'm going to quite make it LOL.

Yesterday Liam went to an auction that was pretty miserable the first half of the day. He came home soaking wet after a few hours, changed clothes, ate lunch, took a mini-nap, and went back. The second half of the day was better, especially since he didn't have went freezing feet. We made steaks for dinner and even ate in the dining room!

Liam is bringing up bacon and coffee. Ah, Sunday morning! :lickout:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, my lens did arrive. I've tried a few pictures with it so far. Just stuff off the deck or around the house.

LOL to listening Friday. As long as you get everything done you need to do. Who cares?

I so agree, all places should have multiple systems to heat and cool different floors. Marty was trying out his new system last night to take astrophotos in our backyard and was making the basement absolutely frigid coming in and out the patio door. His "go to" wouldn't line up right (it's the first try) so he had to take it apart and put it all back together. Then it worked like a charm. So by then it was 1 a.m. and he never got any pictures.

Speaking of astronomy, let YF know, northern lights might be visible tonight.

Glad your box had some treasures in it and nice to give some of it to the Salvation Army. You do have some busy days ahead. At least it will be warm in Texas. I bet Liam felt better getting dried off and put on different shoes. Cold, wet, feet are miserable. Steaks sound great for dinner. I made homemade beef noodle soup yesterday which hit the spot on a cold and snowy day.

We went out for breakfast. The guy who Marty helped move last month took him out for lunch. I grilled four hamburgers and froze three of them to zap in the microwave for lunch or supper sometime. We picked up groceries this morning. I worked on laundry. My big project this weekend was making two podcasts. It was FAR more work than it was worth. I'll try them at the astronomy meeting next week.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids! Can you at least use the podcasts multiple times so they become more worth the effort with each use? Amortize! The ferals didn't come up last weekend (more on that later) and I forgot to text YF about the Northern Lights. Oops! Speaking of Northern Lights, that's the brand of candle I am so in love with from Cracker Barel and that I couldn't find anywhere. Buttttt... I was in line at Culvers over the weekend and googled it and the search took me to a place I could order from on the Cracker Barrel website. I swear I tried that on my regular computer and got nowhere, but long story short I ordered a case of them while I waited for my chocolate custard!

So... the internet... On Friday the septic people were supposed to come and do something. And they did. Fortunately they didn't get there until about 4:45, right when I was running to the post office, so I'd worked a full day by then. I held off as long as I could before the PO closed, and of course they pulled in right as I was leaving. Well apparently they cut the internet line in the course of whatever they were doing. When the internet guy put it where it is Liam said are you sure that's a good idea because the septic field is right there. And he said it would be fine. Which it was. Until it wasn't. So I came home to no internet, and knew immediately what had happened. Liam called the company but they didn't have any techs available for the weekend so hopefully they'll come out today. The ferals didn't want to be there for two full days without connectivity so they stayed home. I was able to use my phone as a hotspot, but I only did that a few times on Saturday and Sunday because I was afraid of using too much data. I'm sure I have an unlimited plan, but so does Liam and they sent him a message about using 80% of his data for the month. How can it be unlimited if there's a % tied to it?!? Anyway, fingers crossed they come today and we are reconnected to the outside world by tonight!

Other than that, nothing exciting on my end.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, yes, I can save my podcasts to use over and over at meetings. Ha! Most of me power points at this time are updated reruns. I figure if people don't like it, they can do the programs. Ha! I had a brilliant idea to update my online astronomy course and put it behind a paywall. Ha! That would be funny.

Nice you got a case of the northern lights candles ordered. Mmm to Culver's custard. You'll be set for awhile. I guess the actual northern lights were visible as far south as Arizona. They were good here long after I went to bed.

Oh no to having the line for the internet cut. I hope they fixed it today. That happened to us when they were building the house north of us. Luckily I was home when it happened and called the construction company to come fix it NOW! Some of our cellular unlimited plans just buffer your speed after you reach a certain usage - other plans charge you for the overage it. We had the second one for a while and Marty would run us over it multiple times and we'd get charged several times for overages. When he traveled overseas the overseas roaming fees were nuts. I guess Verizon has a cut off under $700 on your bill and we'd get notices they were shutting off our service NOW unless we paid them what we owed at that moment. I finally called and asked for a manager and said "what makes you think I won't pay my bill? Have I ever not paid or been late?" They tried to convince me the text and emails didn't mean that, it was more of a FYI. But it clearly says you'll cut off our service if I don't pay you now. I got to the point where when his plane was over the ocean, I went and paid about $500 on our account. I do think it's funny the ferals wouldn't stay there without connectivity.

I just wrapped up my day of work. Worked on some fun stuff today and started after 7 and had a short lunch. Yay. My solar filter arrived for my little telescope. Too bad it's cloudy right now.

Off to goof off for a while. Yay. I should work on mini me #2 but my numbness is getting worse. Not much I can do about it and I can't imagine the hassle of trying to find where a nerve might be getting pinched. Maybe lifting is making sometime worse. I just don't know. It wakes me up and that's when it's the worse. Still not super painful.

Laters,
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

We had about an inch of much needed rain yesterday. I figure since I just got a solar filter for one of our telescopes - that it's like washing a car - it's going to rain. We did get a glimpse of the sun earlier this morning and the filter does work fine. Yay.

I worked most of the day and got my mid-week lifting done. I recorded another podcast tonight. Let's see how they go over at the meeting tomorrow night.

Laters,
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

It's crazy windy here again today with snow moving in tonight. I recorded (poorly) another podcast last night. I might need to try using a script. I'm not good at those things.

I knit two rows on mini-me #2 last night and got my thumb irritated again. Sigh. I want to knit myself a vest but it'd take me forever. At least it'd have far less stitches on it than the afghan.

I worked quite a bit yesterday and started early today so will be done with eight hours soon. We have our meeting tonight, so I'll see how well the podcasts go over. Ha!

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, we got real internet back on Monday, so that was nice! You're working a lot of hours! I wonder what's causing your numbness... ? Fortunately my situation where my hand was going number is pretty much resolved. I do wake up every once in a while now, but for a bit there I was waking up several times a night and had to go through some wild stretches/contortions to get feeling back. LOL on getting the solar filter and then having it snow!

I've spent Tuesday going through boxes and yesterday taking pictures. I'm exhausted! I've got three outstanding orders right now, but I reached out to one of the buyers because I actually had more of the glasses she bought to go with the pitcher and for some reason I forgot to update the listing when I got those additional pieces, so I don't want to pack up that box yet. The other two of those I can ship off.

Tomorrow and Saturday I'll be downtown manning the booth for the show. Debating whether to go down tonight or tomorrow morning...

Alright, off to do a bit more work since I'll be out tomorrow.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, welcome back to the online world. I am glad your numbness is resolved. Mine comes and goes in severity so I still believe (Dr. Curby) it's something pinched. Good idea to not ship that one order, in case they want more of those glasses.

Good luck manning the booth. Can you take a flask full of Prosecco? That would help me through the day of manning (or womaning" a booth.

We are getting our first thunderstorm now. But it's going to snow tonight.

Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids1

Curby, I WISH I'd had some prosecco in the booth yesterday! After 11 hours on my feet on a concrete floor I was aching all over. A good friend of mine came at the end of the show and we went to dinner. It was GLORIOUS to sit down and have a couple glasses of bubbly!

Not much else to report since that was my day in a nutshell. Today is day two -- and the last day for me since I have to fly to Texas tomorrow for a conference I'll clean up the condo this morning before I head over so when I'm done tonight I can just get in the car and head north.

Better get moving so I have time to finish everything up!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Well I survived the show ordeal... but by the time I fell into bed last night I felt like I'd been beaten!

Today I need to do laundry, pack for my trip, ship off four orders, do my nails, and get to the airport by 7:30. That all sounds doable but I'm sure I'll be scrambling at the last minute LOL. Time to roll!

ETA: I forgot to say, Liam went to the local auction yesterday and bought me an entire ten foot long table full of stemware for $14! And then he had to pack it all up in and get it home. Big big points for Liam!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I am glad you survived the show. Being on your feet on concrete floor that long does not sound fun. I bet you were beat when it was over.

You do have a lot to get done before heading to the airport in the morning. Have a safe trip!

Wow, Liam really earned brownie points scoring an entire table of stemware for $14 and then packing it all up and getting it home. That's true love!

My weekend was spend confirming I don't want to be a podcaster! Wow, I have a newfound respect for podcasters. I bet this two minute podcast took me 12 hours. Between finding and getting the software, the sound board and mic set up, learning how to use the darn software (and I'm still learning). Googling many "issues" I didn't know how to fix and then not being able to make it through the podcast without saying something wrong. I am sure you can just do it correctly and then cut that segment out, but that's for someone with more experience than I have. And get this, earlier, I made it through the script once - perfectly - and I hadn't turned the sound board on. Grr!!!!!

I did snag a picture of the moon this evening when I noticed it out in the blue sky. It's with my new lens. Yay! I finally took a few pictures with it.

We had three of the four drinkers over for dinner last night. At least this time we didn't consume a bottle of wine each. It was more like 3/4 of a bottle each. I made chocolate chip cookies and Marty grilled pichania, ribeyes and filets. It was a carnivore feast and our friends brought two bottles of wine named carnivore. Ha Ha. We also had baked potatoes, fruit and salad. Today Marty got rid of his mountain or boxes and still has to get rid of the mattress that was in the RV. We went out for a late lunch. Then I tackled my podcast one more time and finally got it done.

It was nice here today but had a chilly breeze. Almost spring-like.

Laters,
Curby

Here's the moon:
Waxing gibbous April 30, 2023.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I hope you arrived safely in Texas. Is it hot there? We have lovely - and only breezy - weather today. It's so weird.

Not much exciting going on with me. The boss loved my podcast and now I've been assigned another one. Aak. This one should be briefer. Marty needs to train me how to edit videos - or maybe, I'll go mess with that program myself.

I worked only eight hours today. See, I'm cutting back. A friend came over for lunch and cards today, we ordered Door Dash. I plan on grilling myself a filet for supper. And have some fruit with it.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a quickie -- we're on lunch. Still in Texas. Still hot. Still humid. Ugh.

The conference is typical... all sorts of operational and regulatory type stuff. It's a miracle I don't lay right down on the floor and go to sleep!

I'm up to eight orders on Etsy and am communicating with someone on Ebay about another one. It's going to be a verrrrry long night when I get home on Thursday...

More later!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, Texas sounds like fun - not. Try not to pass out in the heat while the conference babbling drones on and on . . .

You'll be packing lots of treasures to ship out when you get back to the North Estate. That means more room to replenish your supply.

Not much going on here today. Work, I got a selfie I like for my portrait. When Marty takes them, you can tell he's way taller than me so I don't like the angle. I stood by our picture window and took this selfie.

My podcast has 75 views already. I'll have people stopping me on the street for autographs and selfies with me. :lol:

It's pretty nice here today other than wind. It's another spring tease day. I had a strange dream last night. I dreamed my doctor released me to go back to work after breaking my wrist and so I went back to my old job. The grumpy IT guy "escorted" me to old boss's office. He shaves his head and when I walked in to his office, he had long brown hair. Then I woke up.

Laters,
Curby #podcaststar

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results