carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I was pretty happy I didn't cut myself with that broken lid either. That little scar in my index finger from my scissors accident bothers me sometimes. It's a tender bump.

I hope the art store has the mattes and frames that work with your pictures. That place has some very cute oven mitts, towels and aprons. I saved the link. The mitts would be cute on the wall.

Good deal the silent auction went well. Yes, those kind of things always are more work than you think. When Marty and I ran the big star party for years we were both pretty worn out when we got home. We had it down to a science so we knew what we had to do but it was a ton of work. The Milky Way at night made it all worth while though.

That is a long drive to spend 5 minutes with an appraiser but those little things do make a difference.

My right knee is all stiff and generally pretty sore. I am walking peg leg because it doesn't want to bend. if this doesn't improve I'll have to break down and see a doctor. Standing doesn't seem to bother it at all. That knee has something that seems to pop in or out of place and as my muscles have gotten stronger it doesn't do it as much but now it might be fixed enough to give me problems. Rats.

Last night I watched TV and read. This morning I made PB cookies for a cribbage tournament we are in tonight and worked on laundry. I watched Frozen II.

Marty helped some buddy of his move for a while, we went out for lunch. I tried a burger; it was awful. Burnt on the outside yet pretty pink inside. Glad I filled up on a huge chicken finger first.

Take care.
Curby Peg Leg

Reactions: AV_

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!
@missy love your how to negotiate with your cat. That is spot on. I love mittens; they are so toasty warm. Glad you enjoyed some walks even though it was cold. Good plan to wait and wash your hair after a walk. Snowflake is a cutie.

@Tekate I would imagine the heat down there can ruin some tires. Did you get that red Tesla? It fit you well. We are having springtime weather today with another snow storm moving in tomorrow. Joy. Happy birthday to Kate and Tara. Good luck finding a cleaning lady.

@Mamabean I hope your cold is better. Your pizza looks delicious. It sounds like your done some great refinishing jobs. How cool you took care of the chest for that man going in to a nursing home. I chucked that you don’t like Scott’s beard; I am always happy when Marty shaves off his beard.

@Niffler75 I hope your cat does well with the new medicine. Chicken tacos sound great. You definitely need to squeeze in some relaxation this weekend too. I’m with you; I want pizza now too. Oreo is a cutie.

@AV_ your calzone sounds delicious too. Now I want pizza.

@canuk-gal that’s good your DS didn’t get a root canal; crossing my fingers one doesn’t become necessary.

@bling_dream19 nice that you are starting yoga class. Your pink sapphire ring is gorgeous. Love the color of the sapphire. You are welcome; having a dream house on the beach is a good goal to work towards.

@Jimmianne you are busy already and probably haven’t recovered from jet lag yet. Have a wonderful time.

My right knee is all stiff and generally pretty sore. I am walking peg leg because it doesn't want to bend. if this doesn't improve I'll have to break down and see a doctor. Standing doesn't seem to bother it at all. That knee has something that seems to pop in or out of place and as my muscles have gotten stronger it doesn't do it as much but now it might be fixed enough to give me problems. Rats.

Last night I watched TV and read. This morning I made PB cookies for a cribbage tournament we are in tonight and worked on laundry. I watched Frozen II.

Marty helped some buddy of his move for a while, we went out for lunch. I tried a burger; it was awful. Burnt on the outside yet pretty pink inside. Glad I filled up on a huge chicken finger first.

Take care.
Marcy Peg Leg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a quick picture of my 3 pink sapphire rings

A pink sapphire and diamond band - that is the band that is thick height wise so takes a few days to adjust to
Pink sapphire in a platinum settinig
Pink sapphire in YG. The accent diamonds were the .20 ctw studs Marty bought me when we got engaged

1583019423313.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@marcy oops you replied to us in the wrong thread...

Hi @Dee*Jay! How are you? Hope all is well and you are surviving winter A OK. Sending you warm hugs. When are you heading up our way? :halo:

OK @marcy see you in NIRDI.:wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha ha @missy. Dee Jay wanted to see my rings and hear me blather on.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha ha @missy. Dee Jay wanted to see my rings and hear me blather on.

I love seeing your beautiful bling and even more so love "hearing" you chat...or as you say "blather on" :lol:
Another thing we have in common Marcy. :cool2:
Here is a quick picture of my 3 pink sapphire rings

A pink sapphire and diamond band - that is the band that is thick height wise so takes a few days to adjust to
Pink sapphire in a platinum settinig
Pink sapphire in YG. The accent diamonds were the .20 ctw studs Marty bought me when we got engaged

1583019423313.png

Pinkalicious!:love:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Hi Missy! Not headed your way any time soon (that I know of), but going to Austria next week so I'll wave as I pass over the east coast! I do need to plan a trip through because I don't think I was in NYC all of last summer, which is very odd as I have so many friends there and usually go a couple of times during the good weather.

Curby, I saw the NIRDI post last night and was going to text you but then something happened here in this crazy house full of kids and dogs and TR and I got distracted and forgot... I have been meaning to ask how your knees are doing with the lifting. Mine are like your's; they go through phases when I'm working out. Sometimes they're good and sometimes not so good!

Yesterday was OK, but not as productive as I hoped it would be. I went to the art store to look for the odd sized mattes. The damn GPS was off so I drove up and down the same stretch of highway literally three times and then I switched to waze and finally got there. They had the right size, so now I know it will work, but only in grey and black. Oh well, I guess I'll order the white ones online. Then I made a return at At Home and Nordstrom Rack and ended up buying a $4 long sleeve T-shirt at Pennys and a pair of work pants at Macys (but I think I'm going to order the pants in petite online because even the short length that I got is too long now that I've tried them on at home with regular work shoes). Ah, the joys of being short -- NOT!

Today I need to do some more laundry here at TR's and get my stuff together for my trip. I have to make a list because there is stuff in both places I want to take and I'll never remember everything if I don't get organized.

The children are screaming, the dogs are barking, TR is off at an auction, and my coffee is now cold. typical Sunday here!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hola @Dee*Jay I know why you didn’t come to NYC last year... you didn’t want to catch Ringworm. :lol:. Smart cookie!

Enjoy Austria! Safe flight and have fun. And hope to see you sometime in the not too far future ❤️

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, how fun to be going to Austria. That looks like a beautiful country.

Too funny I answered the NIRDI’s here. I was hopped up on Advil. I was typing up my post on my laptop and reading the thread on my iPad so I obviously wasn’t multitasking too well. Things happen, right?

Sorry to hear your knees act up too. My knees are doing so much better than before I started lifting. I can walk and stand more without getting stiff or sore. Sadly that right knee is pretty bad in general and still gives me fits. Something catches or pops in and out of place and then the knee gets stiff and sore. Since I’ve been lifting that happens less often and recovers more quickly. It is better this morning so hopefully that will continue. Now I have to concentrate on trying to walk normal again.

That’s great the odd size mattes will work. You can’t do much better than finding a long sleeve t shirt for $4 and I feel your pain on being short.

Don’t you hate that when GPS is off? When we were on vacation at Glacier National Park we were looking for some steak house in our Garmen (old technology there) and got so lost. Then things went from bad to worse; Marty got in the ditch to turn around and we got stuck in mud; we were tilted sideways and finally someone stopped and pulled us out. I doubt if Marty would laugh about it even now.

That is definitely a good idea to make a list for your trip since you have things in 2 places.

Sunday morning at TR’s sounds hectic.

Marty and I were the big losers at the cribbage tournament last night. Our of 5 rounds we won only once. It was fun though. Everyone brought snacks. There was a great fresh fruit tray that I visited frequently. My PB cookies were a hit.

We went out for breakfast this morning. Marty was meeting someone at the gym at 10 and then he is picking up groceries for us. We are making tacos for lunch.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, the stuck-in-a-ditch thing is totally something I would do! Sometimes TR gets mad at me because I drive to places the way the GPS tells me to up in his area. He's like, "But if you just cut over on ABC street through this residential neighborhood you'd be there sooner." Um... OK... but there's no way for me to know that since I didn't grow up here, and I'd rather be on main streets anyway, so thanks, but no thanks!

TR is supposed to come down tonight after work. I stayed up there last night and drove in this morning at 5:30. Somehow I thought that was a good idea ?!?

Today I am continuing the adventure of annual compliance training... One down so far this morning... seven more to go!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, too funny about TR giving you short cut ideas. Marty has lived here 30 years now but I still tell him "this way is faster". it's more that is how I've always gone that way.

Hopefully the traffic wasn't too bad for you this morning.

Woo hoo to one down and seven to go on compliance training.

We had a few inches of snow here but it was really icy. Of course the wind was awful. They had a 140 vehicle pile up on I-80 near Rawlins yesterday with 4 deaths. Absolutely awful. I guess that stretch of I-80 is supposedly considered the most dangerous highway in the country (or so they "say".) It's been closed 55 times since October.

My knee is better today. The only thing I still can't do is bend it to walk; I was kind of trying to force it this afternoon which led to more Advil but I made it until 4 pm today. it was a major pain (literally) driving home and bending it past 90 degrees to get out of my car when I got home.

My chenille sweater was super warm but seems heavy and thick like a coat. I left it at work as a work sweater.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, A ONE HUNDRED AND FORTY CAR PILE UP? Am I reading that correctly? How is that even possible?!

I am on hold with American right now seeing what the fee is to cancel my flight (I bought the ticket with miles) because my company is very seriously considering a travel ban. Of course I CAN still go, but then they will make me quarantine when I get back for three weeks. If I get back. What a clusterfvck.

Tonight after work I think I'm going to fill my car with gas and get some more groceries because all I have at the moment is half a dozen frozen meals and two boxes of cereal, LOL. Frankly I think this whole things is completely overblown but if my company sends us all home I want to be prepared. If it gets to that, I probably won't find anything left on the shelves -- not that I'm sure how much is left there now.

On the bright side, I keep thinking to myself if I get stuck at home for a while at least I will have time to get some of those projects done I keep putting off, ha ha.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, what I read today the westbound lane had 100 vehicles in that accident and the eastbound lane at almost the same spot had a 40 car pileup. The westbound lane is still closed because all the vehicles aren't cleared out yet. What pictures I've seen cars are smashed up under semis and they kept plowing in to each other. I am sure it was whiteout and ice. Very awful.

Did you cancel your trip? I hope they give you back your mlies.

I totally agree this coronavirus thing seems totally overblown. People are freaking out. I thought this was perfect - We're all going to die!

1583291789430.png

My knee is better; sometimes i can almost walk normal. Marty didn't have any clients tonight so we met for supper. He is working on his bookkeeping for the gym right now. Maybe i won't need a shoebox.

Take care.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a picture of some of the wrecked vehicles

1583297162494.png

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, that is absolutely crazy! When I told TR there was a 140 car pile up by you he said, "So every person in the state was in a wreck?" Tongue in cheek, haha!

Last night I stopped at the store I was past on the way home rather than go out in my car because I also have an errand to run tonight so I figure I'll do it all at one time. I now have:
11 lean cuisines
3 cans of soup (plus 4 more at the office I could take home in a pinch)
6 packs of ramen noodles
1 lb of macarroni
2 jar of spaghetti sauce
1-1/2 loaves of bread
1 jar peanut butter
1 package of sandwich ham (frozen)
2 boxes of cereal
6 granola bars
4 tubs of yogurt
2 apples
20 packets of instant coffee
41 bottles of wine

If I had to I think I could live for two weeks on that, three if I had to. Four it... well... let's not go there!

Today I am training five people before lunch. I've got two meetings with my boss this afternoon, none of which either of us will enjoy.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi kids.

Dee Jay, TR’s comment made me laugh. Too funny.

Your supplies sound good. I like the wine stash the best. As much as Marty eats we’d run out of food in 4 days. He’d start eating my teddy bears. LOL.

It’s going to be over 50 here today. I’m so excited. Wind gusts will be exceeding 50 though. Phooey.

Have a great day. Watch out for that virus.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Curby, I was just digging around in my desk drawer were I keep the soup. I found two cans of tuna that expired in October 2017. I asked my assistant if I should take them home "just in case" -- yanno, save them as the last two meals if it comes to that. She was like, sure, either the virus or the expired fish will do you in, LOL.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, I like her answer. Although I’d rather be taken out by this virus than eat expired tuna fish. The likelihood of either leading to my demise is about the same as me winning the lottery.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, I decided to do the responsible thing and trash the bad fish, LOL. I haven't officially cancelled my trip yet, but I'll call the airline today and see what I can do about my ticket/miles. It is what it is.

Last night I collected some earnest money from my clients, dropped it at my office, and headed north. TR and I met for dinner and we also made a plan to go to Michigan for the weekend to visit my best friend from law school and his partner. They have a big house there and another one they just bought as a rental. The renovation on that one is in full swing, and you know how I love me a good reno!

Today I need to do a bit of laundry (but not a ton because I did A LOT last week the kids won't be here this weekend) and some general cleaning up. Not a very exciting day...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, darn that you are going too cancel your trip; it sounds like a lot of flights are being cancelled. it's a shame.

Yay for collecting earnest money from a client. You'll have fun visiting your friend in Michigan; especially since they are working on a renovation. That's right up your alley.

Your day sounds as exciting as mine. The guy who was coming in for an interview today withdrew his application. Phooey.

I finished my book today so need to find another series. Marty didn't have clients after 5 today so we went out for supper. One of his clients is in a lifting competition this weekend in Colorado; she is extremely strong so I hope she does well.

Take care.
Curby

Do you think these earrings would match my pendant? I'd have regular leverbacks put on them. WF has a .81 ctw F si pair for about $2000 that I think would be perfect for them. I don't think the infinity style like my pendant would face forward for leverbacks.

1583466209605.png

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

We are cruising up to near 60 degrees today and tomorrow. Sweet. Sadly I’m cold at work. I’m so glad it’s Friday.

Have a fabulous weekend.
Curvy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

I had a nice day. I got my hair cut, washed my car, met a friend for lunch, made cookies to give some friends moving to California, started working on laundry, mopped part of the kitchen floor after spilling some Coke on it. I was trying out for the Darwin awards too; I took my Coke soaked shoes off and was wiping the floor up with a wet rag only to find a wet wooden floor is very slick. I used walls and countertops to get away from the wet floor but of course my feet were still wet. After putting on another pair of shoes (without Coke all over them) I dug out a mop and mopped the floor 2 times. Such fun.

Take care.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i thought this was funny

1583626338517.png

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another funny

1583704734335.png

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, love both of those last posts -- especially the one about hand washing. When my girlfriend lived in Truckee we would go to a restaurant there that had a sign in the bathroom that said, "The State of California and common sense require that you wash your hands after using the restroom." Ha!

I really like those earrings BTW, and I think they'll look great as a set!

The trip to MI was good, but I forget that my friends' wifi is so bad it's almost nonexistent. The world could have come to and end while we were there and we wouldn't have known it! The house they are renovating is an absolute train wreck. I have Vision with a capital V and this one left me speechless. Wow. I'll be curious to see it when it's done! We also did a little antiquing (I added to my vintage glass collection -- like I need more glasses, LOL) but not much else exciting.

Yesterday we headed back early and TR went to dinner down in Peoria with a friend who flew in from Pittsburgh. He didn't get home until super super late and then I had to get up at five to hit the road so I'm sure I'll be dragging by mid-afternoon...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, that sign in a bathroom is great and disturbing you have to remind people of that.

Thanks, I think the earrings match the pendant pretty well but I wanted to make sure it wasn’t wishful thinking.

Isn’t strange yet pleasant to be without wifi and even cellular service isn’t it? The place we used to go in the mountains for star gazing doesn’t even have cellular service. You get to the bottom of the mountains and those text messages start dinging like crazy.

It sounds like your friend’s renovation will be a challenge. I am sure you pictured many things to do on it in your head. Sweet you found some more glasses to add to your collection.

I hate those short nights. I definitely had time falling asleep last night with the time change.

I had a busy day at work. My one team is down to 3 people, one is on vacation, one stayed home sick and the other one was at the doctor most of the morning. Then I found out one of the 2 team members on my other team wants to transfer back to Arizona. It kind of irks me too; she moved up here in the fall and I’ve been nothing but nice to her but today (and once before) she has gone to my senior manager (2 levels above me) to tell them she was putting in for a transfer. She never told me at all today. When she gets around to telling me I am going to ask her why.

We had decent weather today. It’s our false spring. Ha Ha.

Take care.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This works for us

1583805327135.png

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, that picture pretty much sums up my life, ha ha! Is the lady who want to move back to Arizona the one who had to leave there by stealth of night due to a domestic violence situation?

Last night I put the pictures in frames that I want to hang in the kitchen. It took me until the 4th (out of 6) frames before I realized I didn't have to take them completely apart to get the pic in. Dingbat alert, LOL. I think they'll look pretty good once I get them up there.

For some reason my auto insurance through Travelers went up 40% for this renewal (???) so this morning I called Porsche Insurance for a quote. Because the rate is based on a base amount plus mileage I will save over $500/year even if I drove FIVE TIMES the miles I did last year compared to the amount Travelers charges me. I think I'm going to make the switch.

I've just dialed into a two hour continuing education seminar. After that I'm training five people. I'm not sure which one I'm going to "enjoy" more!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I totally like the idea of stocking up on wine for the CV apocalypse.

Yes, that is the same employee. I hate to think she might get back with him. I talked to her today she just doesn’t like living here and she has no family here to help her with the young kids.

Nice the pictures are looking good. Why put them together the easy way though, eh?

That sucks about your insurance going up, nice the Porsche insurance is more reasonable. That reminds me, I need to get my oil changed.

So which did you enjoy more? The seminar or training?

Our company put out a contingency plan today for a CV or Kung Flu lockdown. Maybe I’ll get to work at home for 2 months. Not.

We had another faux spring day today and our iceberg finally melted to almost nothing. Sweet.

take care.

Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, I can understand the lady wanting family to help with her kids, but going back into the mouth of the dragon is such a bad idea. I really really hope she's not considering getting together with that guy again. LOL on the Kung Flu -- that's what I'm calling it from now on!

We're supposed to have Big Brothers / Big Sisters tonight. I'm surprised it hasn't been canceled yet. After that I am going out for drinks with an old neighbor of mine. Alcohol kills everything, right?!

Making progress on my training. If we do get sent home maybe I can do it by phone with the people who are still left...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results