carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Reporting in from the bed, with a big cup of coffee! We had a good time at the restaurant last night and then we went and met up with one of our auction friends and his wife and their neighbors at a Mexican restaurant. Which then led to the bar next door... You can see where this is going, right?! After a big Ichiban I had three glasses of mediocre-at-best wine. Ick. And ugh. Between all that acid and the giant pile of Japanese food my stomach was like WTF all night. Oh well, I'll likely going to live.

There's an estate sale this morning I want to hop over to. I could have (should have!) gone yesterday half an hour before they closed, but I just didn't have it in me. The good news is no one else wants most of the stuff I do so I'm likely ok! The ad says there's a lot of Talbots clothes with the tags still on so maybe there will even be some blazers or other work stuff I can snag cheap.

Liam is off to meet a buddy in the Farm and Fleet parking lot where they're going to rendezvous and then head to an auction. It's sunny here for a change, and the temp is supposed to go up to the mid-30s by afternoon. A virtual heat wave!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I only have her work phone number but connected with her on Facebook. Her cell may be listed on there. That was shocking news. I sure wasn't happy to hear that either.

My wrist is improving but a bit more sore. I did finally move up to pulling up my pants with both hands. I have real pants on today that aren't stretchy lounge pants or sweatpants. I even have an actual sweater on too - one that I didn't cute the cuffs off. Ha Ha. It's a game changer. We even went out for breakfast, I feel so special.

Those long conferences can drone on, it's funny they kind of wear you - probably since they are different than a routine. Glad the people you set by were nice. And you didn't polish off a few bottles of wine by yourself. Wine does sound good though. You can have some for me when you meet your old assistant for day drinking. Enjoy dinner tonight. And stay warm, it's above freezing here. The one path that got plowed down our street finally shows pavement. I don't think I've seen pavement since December out front of our house. Of course, there is still 6-7 inches of snow on each side of that path.

Marty is listening to a podcast right now. I had to go through some work charts this morning. apparently some of them had February spelled wrong. I guess we see what we want to see. I don't make the charts but edit descriptions on them. Oops. Looks to me like three of them were wrong. Color me embarrassed.

Have a great weekend.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Curby, I am a terrible proofreader! I especially can't proof anything I've written. For an English major this is an odd and embarrassing trait, LOL. I'm not on Facebook but I'll ask Liam to find her if possible. Our driveway is still about 90% covered in hard packed snow/ice. It's supposed to be in the upper 30s/lower 40s here for a few days so that will likely melt off by mid-week.

Yesterday I got a bunch of glass, two jackets (both new with the tags on) and a pair of leopard print boots at the first estate sale, and then I stopped at a second one where I only got two tumblers, but most importantly they gave me four boxes with the twelve section dividers for free! Those things are like gold around here -- any easy storage solution is welcome in this house!

My assistant and I had to change our meeting place because the restaurant we wanted to go to wasn't open until dinnertime (which I found out when I put the address in the GPS and a message popped up at the the restaurant I was going to wouldn't be open when I got there). Oops! That's ok, we just hopped over to another close by restaurant where we had prosecco and shared an appetizer plate.

Then I came home and we hopped in the car to pick up our friends and go have pizza. The eating must stop Curby -- really! As of today I'm back on the straight and narrow!

Liam is debating whether to go to an auction that's pretty far away, or just stay home and list. I have a bunch of glass queued up for pictures. I also need to do A LOT of laundry and finish going through the stuff for the jewelry lady's taxes. And I've got an order to pack, which I'd like to get to UPS before they close at three today. Lots to do -- better get going!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I'd like to think I'm good at proofreading, but results might indicate otherwise. :lol:

I hope your driveway melts, our street looks a bit better right now. Parking lots are still awful around town.

Sounds like you came home with a good haul yesterday including free storage boxes. Sweet!

Nice to find another place to meet your assistant for drinks and appetizers. I think I'll order Door Dash for lunch today. Marty's cholesterol numbers are bad so he's on a mostly protein diet. I think he should quit whole milk and whole milk butter but he doesn't think that's it; he's blaming carbs. Oh well.

Did you go to the auction with Liam or stay home and do chores? I did chores and am working on laundry. I even put on a real top and pants again - these pants are seriously baggy too.

Off to deal with load #1 that must be finished by that annoying buzzer.

Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, you would have been amazed at the giant pile of laundry I did yesterday -- and there are still probably two loads sitting in the room waiting to be done! Liam ended up not auctioning yesterday... but yet somehow he didn't help me with anything around the house either... ??? I got pics taken for a bunch of listings, had lunch at Culvers, and then snacked and drank my way through dinner and the rest of the afternoon/evening. We just had a meeting to talk about a meeting that's coming up in an hour. Seriously. I need to do a bunch of little office chores but all of them involve input from someone else... and therefore nothing is being completed. So annoying! Alright, gotta hop!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I hate when the laundry piles up. Now that I’ve figured out how to get my pants pulled up with my left hand, I won’t have to do a load every three days. It’s nice to have less to do on the weekend though. Maybe the maid will get those other two loads of laundry done for you.

Drinking sounds good. I need to pick up some of my favorite wine. Then again could I get the bottle open? I did manage to peel two small potatoes tonight to make myself some mashed potatoes for supper. And I even wore clothes that totally fit me today. Yay. Such a treat.

I tried to work only 6 hours today, but ended up working 8. A snow squall is moving through tonight. So much for melting the sidewalks and street.

I think I found all my tax stuff. Sweet.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, did you get snow last night? I hope not, because that means I will get snow tonight! I'm driving downtown tomorrow to spend the day in our Chicago location, and also to stop by my old office and help them with some things. I haven't made the early morning trip in so long that bad weather would really tick me off LOL. I've only printed out one thing for my tax stuff. I'm not seeing Larry until a week from next Monday so I've still got a little time... but I like to be organized way ahead of that meeting!

When I left yesterday Liam and I ditched the idea of sloppy joes, which had been our dinner plan, and went to a local hotel bar for wings. When we got home I was so tired I went to bed. It was like seven o'clock! I finished the last few pages of a book (which I still don't understand the ending of... ??? ) and fell asleep. Then I was awake at ten... and midnight... and three... !!! I got up a little earlier than normal this morning because someone had a question about foreign shipping and I wanted to weigh something so I could give a good answer.

I've only got one meeting on the calendar today so I think I'm going to work on seeking out a new consultant for our big project. The one the bank hired before my arrival ain't cutting it. I also need to run to UPS for Liam today at lunch. He put a big box in my car but it isn't too heavy so I'm hoping it won't be a big PITA to get shipped.

Alright, off to get this party started!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, the snow we got didn't even stick, so hopefully you won't get any for your drive in to the city. That will be weird to stop by the old office.

I have to admit sloppy joes sound good. Marty was never a fan of them but I like them. Wings don't suck either though. I might actually go buy myself taco Tuesday and some potato ole's for supper. I had a PBJ for lunch while I was "working" - as in involved in a group chat about charts the entire time.

Sorry you woke up so early but hopefully you got some sleep going to bed early. I hate nights like that. We slept in until after 7 today. That was a treat. I'm kind of sick of this splint, it's uncomfortable on my thumb joint and the velcro catches on everything. I'm hoping I can ditch it tomorrow. That's why I'm going out in a while is to see if the parking lot of the doctor's office is clear or if it's still icy. How exciting to actually take the Curbymobile for a spin. I hope I remember how to qualify - er I mean - drive.

That sucks the consultant won't work out. Good luck finding a new one. Did you get Liam's package shipped?

I didn't sign in to work until around 9 a.m. but never quit working until now so I'm good on time.

Speaking of exciting, I have on my diamond pendant, diamond dangle earrings and my diamond heart right hand ring. Pretty cool!!!!

Laters,
Curby #makingprogress

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, Are you maybe getting your splint off today? Assuming the doctor's office parking lot is clear and you can safely make it from the car to the door! No snow for this morning's drive... but it was damn near two hours. Ugh. That's why I took the job by Liam, right?! You put a ring on... ? I didn't realize you had any that would fit now? And earrings and a pendant too -- ooh la la!

So the Chicago office is a totally different vibe than the one I normally work out of -- super fresh and bright and a cool loft space with concrete ceilings and funky hanging lights. You're right about the trip over to my old office later potentially being weird... but it is what it is.

This morning I ran the dishwasher and washing machine while I got ready and then picked up my mail and a package from the receiving room. Just like old times!

I've reached out to two consultants and gotten a proposal from one of them already. Honestly, if that one can assure me they have the expertise I need in managing a compliance program within the bank umbrella framework this is built within I'm tempted to just sign a contract and be done! But of course I wouldn't do that -- I'd have to vet them pretty seriously and make sure they were the right ones because I can't go through two consultants in my first two months here, ha ha.

Ok, I think I have to go downstairs and see if they have anything edible in the lobby coffee shop. I tried to choke down a stale Crispy Creme that was in a box in the kitchen and just couldn't make it happen. But of course now I'm starving!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I'm free and can wear the splint, if I want. He asked if I wanted to do PT but said no. I will work on it myself. I only should call if I have problems or concerns. I can start lifting in a month. I need to work on bending and mobility. Wish me luck!

Marty took me to the doctor again. Glad you had a snow free drive to the city. How was seeing your old haunts? Definitely make sure you pick the right consultant. Marty feels you pain on those kind of situations. The office in the city sounds pretty cool. How was the snack room? I just had a late lunch - a PB half sandwich.

Yesterday, I only had on a right hand ring and that hand shouldn't be swollen. But, my knuckle is hard to get over so taking it off with the left hand is challenging. Typing right now is making my left hand shake a bit.

No snow but it's crazy windy here. And cold. At least I can wear my coats again.

Back to work.
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy raining-cats-and-dogs Thursday kids!

Curby, you are definitely on the upswing! Be careful with any PT you decide to do on your own through. My rule of thumb is if it hurts a little bit, ok, but if it hurts a lot, STOP! This whole consultant thing is giving me anxiety. I really wish I'd been here when they were picking one rather than coming in after the fact and having to do clean-up. We don't have any snow, but this morning I wasn't sure if I should come to work in my SUV or a pontoon boat. What a wet mess out there!

The trip by my old office was fine. There were some stupid things I had to help them find, but otherwise it was OK. Interesting little tidbit though... my super junior woodchuck plans on quitting on Friday! So... who knows what potential opportunity that might bring back up... !!!!!!!!!!

Alright, off to meet with someone important!

Late gator!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

So it’s rainy there? It was cold, snowy and crazy windy here.

Your PT rule sounds very logical. I think I overdid things today. I can almost type normal again other than the shift keys. i made some progress though and am trying to normal kind of thIngs.

Good luck with hiring the consultant. That’s good going back to your old office wasn’t strange. Interesting someone else is quitting.

Speaking of quitting, I was ready to quit work by noon but worked until after 4. I am quite sore. Not necessarily just from working, but from working the fingers and wrist plus doing other things. The more I do every day things, the better.

i spent my first 90 minutes today on the phone trying to straighten out the hospital on my primary insurance. I knew switching companies between the ER and doctor appointments would cause problems and yep it did. Hopefully, it’s all straightened out now. i will be watching for my claims to show up in the new account.

I hope I sleep better tonight. My wrist was talking to me. I’m determined to not put the splint back on, but we’ll see.

laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, ugh to insurance stuff... I had some sort of mystery claim come through on my old Blue Cross / Blue Shield account last week that was not for me. I'm still not sure it's straightened out... So you're not wearing the split while you sleep? I would be too afraid I'd roll over and WHAM! Or else I'd get up to pee in the middle of the night, trip over my own two feet, and put my hands out to break my fall! No word yet on my super junior wood chuck. But assuming the other offer gets worked out and she does quit my former boss's head will surely explode LOL.

This morning I sat through a two hour vendor demo with the most monotone presenter ever. At one point a coworker pinged me and said "do you think she might be a bot?" Ha! After that I packed up twenty six pieces of glasses going to a lady in Washington. The instant I pulled back into the driveway from going to UPS I had another sale that will also go UPS. I've already packed it up but I didn't go back. Tomorrow is another day!

Speaking of tomorrow, there is an auction at the local place. Based on the pictures there's nothing I want, but of course when I go there and wander the aisles I usually find something that compels me to stay!

Liam is on his way to the Container Store to get stuff for the other half of the closet and then to pick up the ferals. I guess I better get the kitchen table cleaned off since I'm sure they're going to want to eat something this weekend LOL.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, that's kind of strange someone else's claim showed up on your insurance. Still no progress today on my claims. No, I'm not sleeping with the splint. It was rather uncomfortable so I'm trying not to use it. I am pretty sore tonight, mostly my fingers and the wrist. I tried a one pound weight today but had it on my fingers - hurt like heck. So I didn't try that again. I need to have it in my palm rather than looped through my fingers. I am kind of worried I'll forget and do something with that hand though.

I bet your old boss won't be happy if your super junior wood chuck quits. I know at my old job, when one person quit it seemed to start a trend.

That would be rough listening to someone being monotone that long.

That's good to see sales are picking up.

Have fun at the auction tomorrow. That will be nice to get the closet finished.

I worked until about 4 today and then realized I hadn't proofed things yet for Sunday. I guess I'll work on that tomorrow. We are having picanha - Marty's favorite - and baked potatoes tomorrow so I am looking forward to that. I am craving popcorn too so maybe I'll indulge in that as well.

I ordered in groceries again today. It was a couple and they got here fast with my big order. This is the first delivery where they weren't good at picking produce. My grapefruit look awful. I ordered what I needed to make tacos so I made those for supper and Marty finished his four portions of it when he got home from the gym.

Is it still raining there? It was decent here today but another snow storm is heading this way on Tuesday. Phooey.

Have a great weekend.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, did you score any cool new glassware at auctions today?

Marty is mean. He made me use a two pound weight in my hand and now it hurts. I know, no pain no gain. I am off to do my second round of torturcises now. I do four sessions a day.

I spaced out doing my work for Sunday yesterday so I did that this morning. Marty is trying to install our last two cameras outside and having some Gordon Ramsey outbursts. One of the spots is very high - second story of the back of our house. If we ever had to jump out our bedroom window during a fire - at least the fall would kill us before the fire got to us. Ha Ha.

So I made some progress. I got the backs on - and off - my gold posts. Painfully, but I succeeded. Maybe I'll try my PC studs next. I am wearing one of my RHR - the ruby and diamond band. I tried my new peach sapphire ring - the one that caused all my problems - and it still would need pushed pretty hard to go over my knuckle. I'll wait until I get more strength in my left hand before trying to wear it. I need to move that sucker to a different ring. It's wide on the front and skinny on the back so I think that is part of the problem.

Off to torture myself.

Laters,
Curby #whoknewfingerswouldbesostiff

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Curby, take it slow with the PT. You definitely don't want re-damage yourself! Is your doctor aware you live with Timmy The Torturer? Has he (the doc) set any limits on what you can do? It's too bad the setting isn't working out for the peach sapphire because it looks so nice in there. But I'm sure you'll find something else just as good. LOL on the fall killing you before the fire got ya!

Yesterday was a great auction! I scored pretty much all of the glass I wanted at low prices, and also bought the nicest quilt I've ever gotten at a really really good price! Afterwards I ran down to a warehouse sale held by one of the estate sale companies. I got two sets of glasses and a vase, all of which were a little more than I wanted to spend, but since it was an hour round trip I wasn't going to go there again today when things would be a little more discounted. I figured saving $10 wasn't worth a second drive, especially when I have so much to list!

Liam decided he had to do some organizing down in the basement so we moved a bunch of stuff off of one wall in the wide hallway going back toward the unfinished part. Then we got part way through setting up the shelves and realized we didn't have enough clips to hook everything together (if you use the hooks you only have to use two posts to put up an additional set of shelves because they're connected to the previous set -- kind of like legos, ha!). So that involved a trip to Home Depot that yielded no results, but MacGyver here came up with another idea that involved using one clip instead of two per connection and some metal zip ties. So now Liam can load those up! I have also requested that the mountain of boxes on the other side be dealt with. He hates to break down boxes because then he has to remake them when the time comes, but having an avalanche of empty boxes slid down whenever I go back through the "tunnel" toward my inventory room is super annoying! We'll see if that actually happens.

I washed a slew of stuff yesterday and have it all on the counter ready to go so I better get moving. I told myself I'd be up and taking pictures by eight and it's already 7:50!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, that's great you found so many things at the auction. Good luck getting organized and getting boxes broke down - sounds like the pile of boxes in our garage.

I was pretty sore last night and uncomfortable sleeping but I sure noticed an improvement in mobility today. I woke up very stiff again but it loosened up before I was in the shower. I always sleep on my back so that's why I don't worry about wearing my splint to bed. However, I do worry about Marty rolling over and whacking it accidentally. My stress balls showed up in the mail so I started doing that a few times a day as well.

My peach ring did go on later in the day yesterday. Yay. I didn't wear it, but just tried it last night. Today, I have on real clothes, my pink sapphire ring and earrings and even have my Tiffany band on my left hand. I think my RHR rings would fit my left hand so I do have a few diamond rings I could wear. My diamond bands and diamond ring are still not going over my left knuckle.

We went out for breakfast today and we stopped at Walgreen's to pick up some Valentines to send our relatives. I drove to the post office after they were ready and decided to walk in to mail them instead of trying to get them in the box at the drive-through. Just to be safe. I could turn my key fob on the second try in the Curbymobile. And I carried a laundry basket (half-full) with both hands. Woo hoo!

We are having some filet and mashed potatoes for lunch today. Peeling potatoes was a chore a few days ago, so I am anxious to see if I've improved on that. It's so hard to determine what hurts - muscles, nerves, tendons, the broken bone. At least it's not making me reach for some heavy duty pain meds so that's good.

Silly me, I thought I had my insurance straightened out - nope. I got a letter from the hospital saying - please contact blah blah blah again because they denied your claims. When I called them on Thursday and specifically told them on the call - if anything gets rejected they said to submit them again after February 19. I guess that was too vague for them. Phooey.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, when you get your insurance straightened out you can work on mine! I haven't been to the post office in a few weeks. Today on my way out of town I'll swing by to drop off some packages and say hi to my peeps and then take the highway entrance over there. I have to confess that no real progress has been made on Shipping Box Mountain. One of these days I'll get so made I'll do it myself. And then Liam will be mad because he won't be able to find anything ha ha. I tryyyyyy to sleep on my back... but it does't work!

Yesterday I made good listing progress! There were two bowls I didn't get pictures of before the light moved to the kitchen side of the house, but I did get everything else photographed so I was pretty happy. We had Giordano's for an early dinner right before kick-off. While Liam and the ferals were watching the game I packed up two orders and did a little more organizing downstairs before putting together a GIANT pile of clothes to take with me this week. The problem is I don't know how formal they are down there at The Mother Ship so I'm taking a range of stuff so I can assess on the first day what to wear the rest of the time.

The scale and I had an argument this morning. (Please see aforesaid mention of Giordano's... ) Now I am back on the wagon in a big big way. Hopefully food on this little corporate outing will include some good options.

I've got a meeting from 11-12 and then I'm hitting the road!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I did call the hospital billing and pointed out to them "I talked to Cheryl the day the letter was sent ro mw and told her to resubmit rejected bills after February 19 . . . " so we'll see if "Tony" listened to me. Good luck with yours insurance issue!

I totally get the "I'll do it myself" and then we get in trouble because "they" were going to do it. I can think of about 10 things around here that qualifies for that. I hope the box mountain gets addressed sooner than later.

Good plan to take an assortment of clothes. Dress for success or comfort? I'm in to comfort these days.

That's great you got a lot of pictures taken yesterday. I'm wondering when I can get my camera out. My new lens I got for Christmas is two pounds but it's pretty big for my tiny hand. Speaking of which, I decided to run out and buy a box of chocolates for Marty for tomorrow and decided to pick up some chick filet nuggets. I told the guy I needed to take the bag with my right hand but when he asked if I could hold the change with my left hand, I mistakenly said sure. I got the bills in my fingers okay but when I cupped my palm for the coins my hand said "no way in hell" and I dropped it all over the place in my car. I found most of the change when I got home.

I'm getting a freaking migraine; I can't see what I'm typing. Did more of my torturcises today and saw a bit of progress on a few things.

Off to heat up some mac and cheese and hopefully my vision clears and my headache stops.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, how's your head? I was worried about a migraine too on Monday so I threw some meds in my suitcase, but fortunately I haven't needed them. I have a vision of it raining money in your car! The status of Box Mountain is in limbo. Liam said he put the rest of the shelves on up on the other side of that hallway... but he didn't say anything about the boxes. Are we taking bets on what I'll find when I get home tonight? My suspicion is nothing on the box side will have changed, LOL.

So I'm on day three of this work trip. Ugh. The drive down on Monday took For.Ev.Er. I stopped at about the mid-point and walked around an antique mall for a few minutes just so I wouldn't die of boredom. At one point I was talking with my boss in the car and he asked where I was. I said there were cows on my left and an empty cornfield on my right. He was like, Oh, you're about half way. :lol:

Yesterday was a full day of meetings and dinner at a local winery where we painted wine glasses as an activity. Then about a dozen of us continued on to a local bar. I was pretty good and landed in bed before midnight. I've heard a rumor that others migggghhhhht have stayed out several hours beyond that, LOL.
Today I've got a lunch and then a meeting from 1 to 2. And after that... Cows to the left of me, cornfields on the right, oh my! Liam is worried about some predicted snow starting late afternoon, but there's nothing I can do about it.

Alright off to see what the lunch plan is and then I need to vacate this hotel office becuase someone else has it booked starting at 11:30. This place is packed today!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

By the way, when my left wrist cracks, it kind of freaks me out! Strange.

Dee Jay, my migraine finally went away a few hours after I got the flashy lights and couldn't see too well. Yay. I don't recall having one since I quit my old job. Glad you didn't develop a migraine. We should have a bet on what gets done first - you mountain of boxes of the cement stepping stone in my laundry room. I can't pick it up with both hands - it's freaking heavy and no way am I trying it with one hand. It just needs to get moved outside or in the garage.

Sorry to the drive took so long. I like the description of where you were on the road. Sounds like you were in Wyoming. But since you didn't mention snow drifts and wind, probably not. You should see the drifts at my sister's farm. That snow will be melting in June. And I hope you made it home before it snowed. We had just enough snow to make it nasty again. And it's crazy cold.

Your meetings sounds interesting. Was this more like a team building deal? A conference? I had a bit too much wine myself last night. We went out for Valentine's dinner at about 3 p.m. I am glad I made reservations because we weren't the only ones going out early. Dinner was delicious and took several hours. Marty had a 20 ounce lobster and a 6 oz filet. I had a filet. Plus, a bottle of wine. We stopped at a neighborhood bar on the way home for another drink. It was kind of nice to just visit for a while. He talked quite a bit about his brother.

My torturcises continue to help me improve and also get my attention. I am faithfully doing them four times a day. I had Marty do the same things when I was working on them last night. He said they were lame. :lol: And asked how they could possible be called "exercises".

Good news though - yesterday I wore my ruby halo stud earrings plus successfully got them off my ears. My halo ruby ring fits my left hand so it became my wedding ring. And then I wore the ruby diamond band on my right hand. I dug out. my heart diamond pendant - it was thematic. So today, I got out my new ring and it's on my right hand now. Sweet. My Tiffany band can't be sized so I can wear it on my left hand. It's a bit loose but shouldn't fall off while my fingers are still a bit swollen. I have got my diamond ring on a few times but it's a bit tight. Funny, that's the most exciting thing about healing - is wearing jewelry.

Marty dropped out tax documents off on the way to the gym. Let's hope my 25% quarterly payments defrayed my part time income. Don't laugh.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, The first day of meetings was new hire orientation. Dinner that night was with management, and then yesterday was risk committee. So a lot of time with a lot of people. Ack. Yah Marty! I still have only printed two documents so I need to get on that for Monday. Are you paid as a 1099 contractor? If so that's a bit PITA!

The drive back yesterday was about as boring as the drive down, but at least I was more awake for this one! Liam and I met up at a local place for pizza once I get here. And now I am seriously back on the wagon. Really!

It's snowing like a mo fo. I've got a four hour teams vendor demo from 1 to 5 and I think I'm going to head home and do it there because this isn't going to get any better as the day goes on.

Debating now whether I should eat lunch or hold off for a little bit and see if I do go home.

Later gator!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, did you made it home okay? Whoever got Mother Nature so mad this year, needs to apologize! We had snow through today and it's in the forecast again next Tuesday. I just sent a friend of mine a text and said, maybe we can meet for lunch sometime this summer. :lol:

Your two days of conferences and meetings doesn't sound too bad. It's nice to meet a lot of people at your new job.

Good luck rounding up your tax documents. Yes, I get a 1099 as a contractor. I dropped off a quarterly check to our tax lady and paid 25% of what I earned. I hope it was enough.

I've been working too much but still getting my four sessions of torturcises done a day. I do see progress every day on what things I can do. I can shower, dress and get ready for bed almost normal - by that I mean I can use both hands. That’s nice. Even though my over $2000 doctor office bills resulted in no more than 10 minutes total of the doctor with me, one piece of advice he gave me is quite useful. He said the best therapy is do every day things with your hand and if it doesn’t work today, try again tomorrow.

I can pick up a few pounds now. When I do dishes, I’m working on picking up a bit heavier things. The swelling has gone down a bit in my left hand so I’ve had my diamond ring on briefly but my diamond bands I had sized are too tight. I am wearing right hand rings most days thought so that cheers me up. I’ve been managed to put on stud earrings and more importantly to take them off.

I am concerned about my left thumb. I know it’s very arthritic, but it continues to hurt more than anything else. I am wondering if I cracked it or broke it and no one noticed it on the x-ray. I was only complaining about my wrist. I’ve mentioned that spot to the doctor but I don’t know he bothered to check my x-ray. I guess if it continues to give me the most pain - I should get it checked.

We made reservations for an early dinner on Valentine’s Day and we weren’t the only ones who had that idea. We stopped on the way home and had a drink at a neighborhood bar. It was nice to just talk. Marty kind of talked about his brother and that’s the first time he has brought it up. We are going for a burial of his ashes in a few months so I am sure that is on his mind. I bought us a box of chocolates to split so it was a low key day.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, I left around noon yesterday and I didn't go over 25 mph the whole way back to the house. It was an absolute mess! This morning it's clear as a bell -- absolutely gorgeous out there (but cold... of course). I like your doctor's philosophy with your recovery. Sounds very practical! Is there anything you can do about your thumb without having to go back to the doc? Like maybe treat it as if it is broken and see if that helps? What would that be though... can you split it or stabilize it in some other way? Poor Marty. I'm sure this is very difficult for him.

After the demo yesterday I packed up two orders and then washed a bunch of glasses. If all goes well I'd like to take some pics today in between teams meetings since there is such good light. There is an estate sale this weekend with a bunch of glass and a set of dishes that I've sold a ton of, but the prices will be too high until the last day so maybe I'll swing by there first thing Sunday morning and see what's left.

No ferals this weekend and Liam and I need to prioritize getting the other half of the closet done. It will be so nice once that's organized again!

BTW, I had a dream I was being put into witness protection, so if I disappear... well... it's been nice knowing ya! :lol:

Alright, off to get this Friday going!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Let's hope today is better than yesterday... when someone backed into my car in the Post Office parking lot! Rear passenger door, quarter panel, wheel well and bumper. And the kicker is he said he couldn't see me since the tailgate on his pickup was down -- because he had been in ANOTHER accident last week!!! ARGH!!!!! Oh well, the important part is no one was hurt, but I'm still annoyed!!!!!

So in the middle of the night while I was staring at the ceiling for hours I decided to do something useful and built an Instagram page. If you get a chance go go on there and follow me then I'll have TWO whole followers! (The other one is my personal account.) :cheeky: My handle is nobleestates123.

So now it's almost nine, I'm still in bed, my car is still wrecked, and I've got yet another thing to manage in my life. :lol:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, oh no your car got damaged at the post office. Sounds like that guy shouldn't be driving. That is good no one was hurt - except the Deemobile.

What did you witness that you need to go in to the witness protection program? Oh wait, don't tell me, I don't want to know. :lol: Dreams are so weird.

The drive home doesn't sound fun. My worst drive was the 45 miles back to college in a blizzard. It took me over four hours to get to a rest stop about 8 miles out of town. I stopped to use the restroom and then my car wouldn't start again. I had to call around to people for someone to come get me and my sister's hot-headed boyfriend was the only one I found at home. He was not happy about driving up there in the blizzard. He was a jerk anyway so Ha to him. As a bonus, my accelerator keep freezing and sticking while I was trying to creep along in the storm. I barely got on the highway before they closed it. Good times were had by none.

I hope you can get some of the glasses you want on sale tomorrow.

Ooh, an Instagram page. I'll go follow you.

I worked over eight hours yesterday. I was quitting at about 7 hours and then got a request to do a post for Sunday. Marty got home from the gym quite early last night so we watched some episodes of the 12 monkeys.

This morning, I had Marty take me grocery shopping. That's a first in seven weeks. He carried everything in though. Today, I plan on doing a lesson in a online editing course a few of us enrolled in this week. It's a freebee one. I hope it helps me with style, grammar and punctuation. We also supposedly follow AP style.

I've been able to get on stud earrings and even wore a wedding band and my diamond ring yesterday. I can almost see veins in my left forearm again. More progress. Oh and that thumb seems a bit better. I am guessing it is the arthritis in it was quite agitated from lack of motion for so long.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Curby, that trip back to school in a blizzard sounds pretty horrible! I'm skipping the estate sale today. Liam pointed out that it's really far away (not sure how it even showed up in my search because I have the distance set to only 30 miles) and since I don't know if the stuff is even still there I'd be really mad about going all that way only to come home empty handed. Plus, it's not like I don't have A ZILLION other things in the house to list. My Instagram page is shaping up! This morning though I woke up to a message that my account was suspended until they could "verify" it. So I got codes to my email and my cell phone and it seems to be up and running again. I'm even learning about hashtags. Am I modern or what?! We went to the grocery store the other night too, on the way home after getting pizza Friday night. I hadn't been in quite a while either. Somehow about half the stuff on the list Liam and I said, oh, we'll get that at Costco because it's so much cheaper. So the trip was only half a success.

Yesterday I took a slew of pictures, ran to the post office (where I escaped unscathed), and cleaned up the kitchen eating area. Now Liam is in the closet tearing things apart so we can put the new shelving up on the second side. I had visions of taking pictures today... but I get the feeling that isn't going to happen...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I've been liking your posts on Instagram. I hope it helps trigger sales for you. I got Marty to move that darn cement stepping stone yesterday. Yay! I nagged at the right time as we were walking out the door.

Welcome to the world of hashtags. I was so hip, I was calling them pound signs for a while. Marty always reminds me I'm not hip enough to be hip. :lol:

I need to go to Sam's club - I am totally liking their 13 gallon trash bags rather than the Hefty brand I've always bought. Plus, I get 200 of them at once. I doubt I can pick up that box with both hands yet. I am able to carry a full laundry basket using both hands though. More progress. I'm totally enjoying wearing earrings, rings and pendant. Funny thing this morning, I have an earring box with little about one inch squares in it and I couldn't pick out my diamond heart studs with my right hand, but no problem with my left hand. Maybe I should do torturcises on my right hand too. Speaking of which, I joined a broken wrist group on FB and kind of post a weekly progress report and someone actually asked me how I motivate myself to do torturcises four times a day. They said they'll only do them when they go to PT a few times a week because they worry they'll hurt so bad they can't sleep. I just responded I know it will help me get better. I found that kind of sad because they'll be struggling for a long time.

Glad you escaped from the post office unscathed. I still need to get to the ding guys and get my door fixed. Your car will be in the shop for a while getting fixed.

Did you and Liam get the closet finished?

We both slept in for a change. Then went to breakfast. Marty went to the gym to meet his Sunday morning clients and then cleaned the gym for a while. I got my March article done for the newspaper and emailed it out. I don't think I'll worry about the March club newsletter until next weekend.

Your weird trip must have triggered mine. I don't even feel like I slept last night since I was having such vivid dreams. Marty keeps watching Archer on Hulu and I finally said can we watch something else. So we switched to an old series called the 12 Monkeys. So my dream involved repeats of both those shows, and a Carpenter's song going off in my head, and then two dreams about old co-workers from last last two jobs. Maybe the popcorn we had at about 7 p.m. last night triggered the dreams.

I'm almost done with laundry. I washed the table cloth and picked up assorted things I haven't taken care of in the last six weeks. I got my FIL's birthday card in the mail. It's March 3rd and I often get the card out late because February is a short month. See, I was productive today.

Laters,
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, your Instagram posts look nice. Did you and Liam get the closet finished? How is the new job going?

The "what wind?" kept me awake most of the night even with earplugs in so I didn’t sleep well. Oh well. By the way, "what wind?" is always my answer to anyone who comments on the crazy wind here. That's because I think I'm funny. If it's not windy when I walk outside, I don't know what to do since I don't have to lean in to the wind. Just for a reference - one of our new members in the astronomy club lived in Chicago for awhile and he said "They say Chicago is the windy city, I've lived there and they can't hold a candle to here".

Forecast for Wednesday now includes over 50 mph wind, 10 inches of snow and -30 wind chill. Glad I'm under house arrest.

I worked until about 4 p.m. today and plan on trying to work on mini me 2 tonight. I’ll see how my fingers work. Maybe I should try a practice square first - the afghan has over 100 stitches on a row. I’m even ready to move up to the medium resistance stress ball. Ooh. I thought of trying to go lift the 15 pound bar, but I’ll be good and wait until I can lift a bit heavier things first. I don't think I can break the wrist again but the doctor said a month so maybe I'll try at three weeks.

Laters.
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, the structure of the new closet is up and Liam's clothes are back in there... but mine haven't made the move off the bed or out of YF's closet yet... Tonight! I swear! :cheeky: You probably know this, but the Chicago windy city reference has to do with politics and not with the actual weather! I think we're going to get some snow too, and by Thursday our temps will drop a lot. Ugh. Can't it just be spring already?!? Did you try knitting last night?

Yesterday was... well,.. it just WAS! I got up early enough that I had time to put everything in the crockpot for the white chicken chili experiment before heading off to the accountant. Except... the last thing to go in was chicken stock. When I opened the lid the foil inside was opened so I was like can't use that! So I ran to the store and got another box of the same thing. I opened it to make sure that the foil was intact... and it wasn't... ????? ... so I figured I had to buy that box since I'd already opened it and then I got another brand too where I could see the plastic lid was still sealed shut. When I got home and told all this to Liam he looked at the lid and said... uh... there are these little spiky things inside the lid so when you break the plastic seal it tears the foil open too. DUH!!! I threw some into the crockpot and dashed out the door (now late for my accountant) and hoped for the best.

Larry and I had a nice catch-up and it looks like I'll be getting a little refund. Yah me! Then I went to my best friend's house where I did HER taxes (yes, I am a CPA and I'll do OTHER PEOPLE'S taxes, but not my own). After that we had a long lunch at one of our go-to restaurants and we stopped at Starbucks on the way to take her back to her place since I had to drive back up to The North Estate. When I got back up here I had to pack up two orders, once involving a big set of dishes going to Portland, OR... one of the most expensive places to ship to... And then I had to clean up the kitchen, empty the dishwasher, reload the dishwasher, yadda, yadda, yadda. And THEN I had to do my nails because I broke two of them in a really bad way and there was no salvaging them except with some silk wrap and super glue. By then it was almost one a.m. And I had to sleep on the couch. What a day...

I'm almost happy to be at work today, LOL!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results