shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Darn fiberglass instead of plaster. Now I can't joke that I went out and got plastered. And wow to what a nasty big yellow bruise on my inner arm.

IMG_2063.JPG

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
253D2566-7191-475D-9867-9ECCACBAA24A.jpeg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, I think you need to take a hot glue gun and some rhinestones and bedazzle that cast! And LOL on the bear! I braved TWO slippery parking lots this morning already and I thought about you with every step, ha ha. I did some more review on my etsy numbers and my net profit for the year was about 26%, even with all the inventory I bought (some of which isn't even listed yet), so I felt a little better. It's so hard to get a real feel for things in the first few years of a new business.

These past few days at work have been packed full. I'm doing my best to off-load stuff... but I don't know how well people are picking up on what I'm telling them. I did successfully avoid getting cornered by my boss all week (he keeps demanding that I tell him where I'm going). His travel plans got screwed up on the way back from his new years trip with the family so he wasn't in on Tuesday, and yesterday I bolted out a little after five to head back to The North Estate while he was on the phone in his office. Next week though... Ugh...

So as you saw, I've got Bob Ross! The workmanship is great and I am very pleased with how it turned out! I owe Vera a message and I'll try to do that this afternoon. I also need to do a thread because now I've got FIVE rings and two tennis bracelets I haven't posted about!

Liam just brought the ferals home from an overnight party at their friends' house. My peace and quiet for the day just came to an end.

Better go see what the lunch plan is.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I am really glad you didn't test any of Newton's laws of gravity or motion this morning on the ice. I keep saying I've had fun and this isn't it. That's a fabulous idea to bedazzle my cast, you know spice it up a little bit. Fantastic that you made a decent profit last year on your Etsy store, including all of the glassware you been buying. It sounds like it's worth all of your effort. I know you enjoyed it though.

It sounds like your boss is resisting to the end that you're actually leaving. He's probably hoping you'll change your mind. I had the same problem when I was leaving my job, people just weren't really catching on to everything that they needed to learn from me. And I've heard since I left that none of it sunk in anyway. It just shows how valuable we are, right?

I can see why you're pleased with Bob Ross. It looks fantastic. They did a really nice job. I love the setting on it. It's perfect for the stone. I need to email Vera and tell her about my stupid accident. Yes, you need to start a thread with all of your new treasures. I should start a thread with my new "sapphire" ha ha.

Darn that your peace and quiet is done for the day. Marty is on his way home from the gym already too so mine is as well. It's funny you'd think that after the new year everyone would be back in the gym, about half of them aren't showing up yet after the holidays.

I left my splint on my teddy bear all day. My neck and shoulders feel way better. My wrist hurts occasionally but not too bad. I worked seven hours today. That wasn't too bad I'm not very tired. A friend came over for lunch and we played cards. She shoveled the deck for me, and I stacked my cards up in front of my mini iPad so that works good since I couldn't hold my cards. Who is nice to have a break - but not a wrist. :lol:

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, I'm surprised that people aren't showing up at the gym in droves! My experience has always been that it's a madhouse in January, especially the first week. I seriously don't know when I would have time to put up a thread with all my new treasures... I was at my computer until well after ten last night putting things in order, and I could have kept going all night and still not gotten there. Ugh. Not to mention I haven't put up a new listing for weeks! Maybe hold off bedazzling your cast until you get the next one put on. And why are they doing that BTW? I would have though they'd just put the "permanent" one on the other day rather than making you go back again... ?

Yesterday I was pretty productive! After picking up Bob Ross I ran to UPS, did a bunch of stuff at the house, hit the post office right before it closed, and then started in on my emails. I had TWO THOUSAND of them to sort through. Yes, really. The problem is I get soooooo many that are purely FYI type things that I don't even notice my inbox filling up any more. I do of course periodically go through and clean it out, but it's never been this sort of volume before. Part of the problem is we took on a new vendor last month and they are Out Of Control with the messages. DOZENS a day, none of which I need to do anything about. Ack. Anyway, now I'm down to two categories of things I need to deal with.

Today I have to try on a bunch of stuff I ordered from Old Navy and then maybe make a return, depending on how motivated I am. I also got a fun furry vest from Kohl's and I was so pleased with it that I ordered the other color it comes in too. Shocking, I know! :lol:

It just occurred to me that when I go downtown next week I should migrate my work clothes back here to The North Estate. Oy. That is going to be a CHORE.

Alright, off to the races!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi kids!

Dee Jay, II am rather surprised as well. Although, the weather's been really crappy and it's super icy here, so that could be part of it. Marty went to Lowe's this morning to get something and he said he was surprised that people weren't laying all over the parking lot. It was so icy there, we've had a bunch of freezing rain and freezing fog recently plus snow. I also found out the shoes I had on the day that I fell are synthetic outsoles not rubber and a review a read of them said they're pretty slick when they're wet. Great too late now. Last night I noticed a bump on my right wrist. It looks like it's bruised. I'm freaking out that my right wrist is broken or cracked too but I think it's just your normal bone that sticks up there. I looked at Marty's hand when he got home from the gym and he has a spot there too. I'm not used to seeing bones I guess.

I don't know if I'll get another cast or not. I get the x-ray on Tuesday. I guess if it starts to get too tight or too loose, they replace it. Or if you get it wet or damage it somehow. I am being very careful with it though. I am pressed myself this morning, I took down all the ornaments off the Christmas tree and was able to get them all back in their individual boxes. Most of our ornaments are either from Lenix or Hallmark so they have boxes.

Isn't it fun to get all those emails at work? When Marty worked where I used you and ran about eight departments, after rules filtered a bunch out, he would have thousands and thousands of emails to go through. I know he always told people if you need immediate responses. - don't email me - call me. You're getting really close to your last day. That's very exciting.

Nice you got nice vest from Kohl's. i miss all my sweaters and sweatshirts. Good luck moving all your work clothes to the North Estate. Will you go to the big city much after you quit your current job?

I got laundry done today. I worked three hours, over 35 hours this week.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Curby, thirty-five hours from someone who is both retired AND wounded -- impressive! Maybe those synthetic soled shoes should be exited. Just sayin'! I've got bumps on the outside of my wrists too. I think that's just how wrists are. I don't think I'll go into the city as much once I start the new job. There is an office downtown though and I would like to check on my place at least once a month just to make sure it hasn't burned down or a squatter takes up residence or anything! :lol:

Yesterday was the first auction of the year... and it was a chilly one! I was so hoping that there wouldn't be anything I wanted, but of course there was. And of course it was at the very end. Of course. So I stood around for eight hours freezing my toes off. I did get some other things along the way, but it made for a long day.

Since the ferals went home for the weekend we were free and Liam said let's go out, so I texted some friends of our and we met up with them for dinner at a place we never go to. It was fun, and I even have leftovers for lunch today. Score!

I've currently got three orders to pack and I need to make sure I get everything to UPS before they close at three. I also need to turn to Walgreens and pick up a prescription after that because my insurance lapses after my last day (they don't even give us until the end of the month -- WTF!) and this is the last time I'll be up here before then. I also want to listen to a two hour training podcast thing that will cover me for this year for an Illinois requirement. I can run it in the background while I pack things so I might as well get it out of the way for the year.

Alright... not much is getting done as I sit here on the couch PSing!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi kids

Dee Jay, Yes I would say 35 hours for a retired person and broken wrist is quite a bit. Sadly, I worked three more hours today. What was I thinking? I am only going to wear those synthetic sole shoes on very dry days. I've got my Brooks beasts on right now. I know they have rubber soles. We are going out for dinner with friends here in about an hour. I think most places should be melted with the temperatures outside, but the parking lots could still be bad.

That's a good idea to go into the city once a month, to check on your place. That's interesting you mentioned something about a squatter moving in. I saw a segment on the news recently on someone in New York had been squatting in a house someone else boughtand they couldn't get them evicted. That would be so awful.

Welcome back to the cold season for auctions. That was a long day for you, but I'm glad you got some things you wanted.

Nice to have a quiet weekend and spend time with some friends. And that's great to have leftovers for lunch. I'm sure looking for easy food preparation for my meals ha ha.

You do have a busy day today. Smart to get your prescription filled before your insurance lapses. How long before the new insurance will kick in? As a matter fact, our insurance just switched companies between the end of last year and beginning of this year. That should be interesting with all the charges coming for my wrist. That reminds me, I need to get the new information to Walgreens. That's where we get our prescriptions filled too.

Good plan to get the podcast done for the year now for your Illinois requirement. I need to have my eye doctor fill out a form on my vision. Don't know if you remember or not, but another eye doctor filled my vision screening paper out last year and he put down something about my baby cataracts which means now I have to have a vision exam once a year turned into our department of transportation. My eye doctor said that he would fill it out that it's been adjusted because it's simply not bad enough to enter in pair with my driving. More hassle to deal with it. To order new replacement lenses for my glasses anyway because I scratched the right one, so I'll take the form in then and have my doctor fill it ou

Marty made us a ham egg and cheese omelette for breakfast. That was quite good. I haven't been doing much today because I honestly just I'm kind of worn out like still say that my entire body feels like somebody beat me up. Who takes the pressure off my wrist, right? OK I'll quit whining now.

Take care.
Curby #notenjoyingbrokenwrist

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

I slept in a bit. It took me almost two hours to shower, dress, eat breakfast then log in to work. Lunch was easy but that was 90 minutes. Then, I worked till 5 and stopped for supper. Wow. That took 90 minutes to brown two pounds of hamburger, put individual servings in dishes that then I couldn’t close. So then I moved them to freezer bags which was a pain in the butt Then I did the dishes, ate some tomatoes and a piece of toast. After that, I decided to get vanilla ice cream and the lid sucks to get off. I had some though, but I am worn out. And now my wrist hurts.

Okay, i will quit whining now.

I did have groceries delivered. That worked well.

Hoping my X-Ray is good tomorrow.

#Curbyonehand

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

I am glad my doctor appointment went well today. I did clarify with the doctor that I could do things like push on dishes or pull up my pants with that hand. But since things are going well so far, I don't know if I will change what I'm doing - especially if I'm only in a cast for three more weeks, we will see.

I only worked six hours today. I think I will log off and get out of the den now. I had strawberries for lunch and I'm starving. I thought Marty was going to grill steaks for us but I don't think that's gonna happen. I'll make myself a sandwich out of some of that ground beef from last night. I will watch TV for a while. That's about my only skill set at right now. I'm certainly not going to work on mini mini #2.

We are probably getting snow again tomorrow that's going to turn into ice. Yippee. #marcyisstayinghome

It was nice visiting with Rod for a while today. He said he is doing well and not retired because he likes to spend money. I certainly get that.

I bet your last few days of work are joined very hectic, Dee Jay. Just think you can skip all the way to your car tomorrow.

Laters,
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!!!

I got my rings yesterday. A cruel reminder I'm #Marcycantwearrings. The sad thing is only 1 of the 8 rings hits the 6.5 mark on my ring mandrel. And who knows if my rings will fit me when I can use two hands again. I bet my left hand will be swollen for a while.

Working a bit less because I’m a bit tired and need to rest more. My sister and nephew came to visit today. We had pizza for lunch and some assorted crumbl cookies for dessert. I made my sister her stickers and business cards for her doll clothes. She counted out the pages for me. My nephew ran some errands for me and took the lights down off our tree. I sent most of the Christmas cookies home with them. Ha! Better on their hips than mine.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy hello from Aspen kids!

Currrrrrbbbbbyyyyy!!!! Holy cow -- I have a lot to catch up on! It was nice of your sister and nephew to help you out with stuff around the house. And good idea to send them home with a bunch of cookies! I can't have stuff like that in the house or it's not going to last long LOL. Can you wear the rings on your right hand? Or are you wearing your wedding set on that hand? Please don't tell me you have to get them resized AGAIN! What's the flow at Marty's gym now? Are people already giving up on their new year's resolutions?

OK, here's my big "update"! Monday I worked until about quarter to eleven, and the only reason I left at that point is because I broke my printer around 10:30 and I didn't have the heart to call one of our IT people that late and ask what to do about it. Tuesday I was there until almost ten. And Wednesday was The Day. I was busy like a bee every minute! There were still a bunch of things that I never got to, but it is what it is. We had dinner reservations at six, and at ten 'til my peeps came into my office and said, OK Dee, ENOUGH! So I threw in the towel. We drank and ate and drank and ate and DRANK. We also did our x-mas gift exchange because we never got around to it before the holidays, so that part was fun. Finally (FINALLY!!!) we were done and I went back to my place. The next morning I slept in and then spent a lonnnnng time cleaning up and gathering my work clothes to take back to The North Estate. I had orders to pack up and also had to take my car in for the 30K service, which I wanted to do before I start my new job since I don't know if I'll be able to scoot out in the middle of the day for things like that in the beginning. That night I packed my suitcase and fell into bed. And yesterday morning at o'dark hundred I headed west! My flight was delayed leaving ORD because of deicing and then we were like 47th in like for departure, but I got here around noon, checked into the hotel, and then went to meet #2 and other friends for a big boozy lunch. The Aspen-ing commenced from there! Today they are going over to ski at Snowmass. I'm going to do a little light shopping and then head over and meet them for a late lunch. My current plan it is to leave tomorrow afternoon because I didn't want to chance coming home on Monday and then getting stuck here and missing my first day at work, but now there's a bunch of snow in the forecast so I guess we'll see. Oh well; of all the things I am in charge of in this life, the weather is NOT one of them!

Alright, off to see what I can buy! Stay tuned for pics! There was a really pretty green tourmaline ring last time I was here and I might see if that puppy is still available... Yikes! I can feel the flames coming off of my American Express card already!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, you've been very busy and I hope the snow doesn't strand you in Aspen. That would be kind of funny to miss your first day of work.

I have no idea if my rings will fit me or not. I don't see how I can get a ring off or on my right hand since I can't really pull with my left hand. And I'm kind of chicken to try to put something on my left hand. I am sticking in little gold ball posts every day so my pierced holes don't close up. That would be sad if i couldn't wear my earrings.

Yes, this week has been busier at the gym. People are coming in, but just kind of struggling a bit more.

Nice you had some serious alcohol celebrating on your last day. Sweet.

What did you find shopping?

I ordered us another pizza for supper last night. I sent all the leftovers home with my sister and nephew. I asked Marty if I should save him some and he said no, About 6 he sends me a text, do you have any pizza left? So I ordered us another one and I had one piece of it. With a cup of fruit.

Today, I decided our sheets needed washed. I even managed to mostly get the fitted sheet back on. Marty had to pull one corner down and put on one pillowcase. I did the rest. Not bad for one handed Curby.

I ventured out and got the new lenses in my glasses.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Curby, I can't believe you (almost) put sheets on the bed in your condition! I can barely do it with two good hands LOL. If your ears have been pierced for a long time I don't really think they would close up even if you didn't put earrings in while you were casted (<-- Dee's new word of the day!). Shopping yesterday was ok... The green tourmaline bezel ring I saw last time I was here is long gone (no surprise there!). I did find several diamond bracelets I like... all of which were approximately four times what I would be willing to pay -- welllllcoommme to Assssssspen!!! :lol: I did get a cute silver and gold tone ring (not sure what the yellow metal is and I forgot to ask) at the artist cooperative here, and also a really cool print that say "Don't let the tame ones tell you how to live." It was made by a family that literally lives in a tree house off the grid. They make their own paper and everything, and the press they use is an an old fashioned hand crank. I really love this piece! Not sure where I'm going to put it, but I am of the opinion that you buy art that speaks to you and figure out where to put it later. I'll text you a pic. There's also a cashmere sweater I'm mulling over... but it's $458 and the cheap in Dee is having a verrrrry hard time pulling out the American Express card on that one!

Yesterday after shopping I took the bus over to Snowmass to meet my friends for a big boozy Mexican lunch. Then we came back, took a quick nap, and headed out again. Cocktails, dinner, lather, rinse, repeat! Today I'll get packed up and do a little more tooling around town before I meet everyone for lunch, and then head to the airport around three for the trip home. The snow in the forecast seems to be holding off so far, and I'm grateful for that!

Alright, off to clean up this messy room and take a shower. Stay tuned for pics!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I generally call putting the fitted sheet on as wrestling a pig. It's a challenge! I was quite surprised I did so well. Marty is trying to get me to use my casted-side fingers to hold a fork to cut things like steak. That seems to require some force so I'm chicken to try that. Why mess with what works so far? I'm still sad my cast isn't plastered so I can refer to myself as being plastered. I know, I'm easily amused.

The print you got is pretty cool and i like what it says. Did you spring for the sweater? You new ring sounds nice. You are probably right my ear holes won't close that quickly. I sure do miss my jewelry.

Sounds like you are having a fun weekend with plenty of libations. Sweet. Marty grilled us 24 oz. porterhouse steaks yesterday. They were quite tasty. I ate my filet side and Marty got over half of my strip side. I am working on laundry and had to review some grammar rules on starting sentences with because - well, because that generally makes them fragments. Oops. My grammar and punctuation lessons were decades ago. Work is nice about these things.

Marty put one of my bears on the desk and instructed him to watch me when he left for the gym. So "Buttons" has been texting Marty at the gym. As mentioned before, I am easily amused.

Laters,
#Curbysickofthiswristcrap

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG Curby... the sole purpose of this post is to tell you about my trip home...

This morning I made the last minute decision to hop on a 12:53 direct flight rather than taking a 4:47 through Denver that would land me at O'Hare close to midnight. No problem; I switched it on the United site and went over to the airport.

The weather was turning in a big big way and as we got close to departure they said they needed twelve volunteers to get rid of weight or else we couldn't take off. That went on for a while... and then since they didn't get enough volunteers they said fine, everyone can go on the plane -- but they took all the checked baggage off and said it would be bussed to Denver and then get on the next flight to whatever the final destination was. So we got on the plane. De-iced. Went out to the runway. And came back because then the weather really was too bad at that point even without the bags.

So we sat around for a while and then got on the plane again, de-iced, got to the runway, and had to come back because there was an issue with the brakes. Maintenance decided the issue wasn't fixable so another plane had to be brought in. Well that plane almost got there, but then couldn't because of the weather so it turned back.

And then we got BACK on the plan that was unfixable as maintenance miraculously fixed the unfixable plane. De-iced. Got to the runway. And then the problem with the brakes was back. So we went back to the terminal and got off the plane for the third time.

Another plane was dispatched AGAIN and this one made it after a while. Once it got there we got on , de-iced, and FINALLY left.

So today I was on and off of three planes four different times.

The only good news is that I had never checked my bag, thinking I would gate check it like I usually do, so my luggage wasn't sent off to Denver on a bus. By the time we really did leave so many people had bailed on the flight that we had room to strap the bigger bags into seats (those tiny regional planes don't have enough overhead space to put even a standard roll on bag) -- I'd never seen THAT before!. Otherwise I would have had to either collect my luggage at O'Hare tomorrow (or whenever it would get there) or try to coordinate delivery, but the address on my United account is my place downtown and not up here at Liam's.

I admit I was getting pretty stressed out there toward the end because there were no seats available tomorrow AT ALL due to the domino effect of rebooking, and I am starting the new job on Tuesday! Can you imagine THAT conversation with my boss... ? "Um... yah... hi. So even though I accepted this job back in October and then couldn't start until now because I had to be an employee of the old place on December 31 to collect my 401(k) match and MPP drop, and now I am stuck in Aspen... " :lol:

Whatever! Now I am at The North Estate eating chili and drinking prosecco. Life is good! But man... What. A. Day!!!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wait -- I forgot the part about the artwork!

So I print is about 12 x 18 ish and I have it in cardboard to keep it flat. The cardboard is in a paper bag and there are some other things in there too because I could only have the carry on bag and this "personal" item that would go under the seat. This would have all be fine through one trip on and one trip off a plane. But there were FOUR trips on and off to planes, three of which happened in big snow so the bag got wet and of course started to rip and disintegrate. I didn't have any other option though so I ended up MacGyvering the whole "package" together at the end using my belt around the whole thing and a piece of decorative twine that a tag had been tied onto something with to keep the handles together. So I got off the plane bedraggled and carrying "luggage" that looked I was a member of the Clampett family! Liam took one look at it when he picked me up at the curb and was like... "Whhhhhhaaaaa... ?" But wisely decided to stop there with the question! I need to find the energy to unwrap the thing a make sure it's OK... but I think I need another glass of prosecco first!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, Dee Jay, what a day! Glad you made it home safely. I hope your print is okay.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy last day of unemployment kids!

Curby, the print is fine -- which is amazing given what it went through!

Today I've got four orders to pack and I'm corresponding with a lady about a whole bunch of the golden foliage glasses, so we'll see how that pans out. I also need to get my clothing sorted for the week -- gotta plan my First Week Wardrobe, LOL! And I have a bunch of stuff to take back to Old Navy.

Alight off to get this laundry party started and pack some glass!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi kids

Dee Jay, I hope you enjoyed your last day of unemployment. I certainly wasn't unemployed. Today I worked nine hours. Sadly I planned on only working five or six hours in general because I think I need to rest a little bit more than I am.

That's great that your print is OK after everything it went through to get home.

Did you pick up our power items to wear to work this week? I am sure that you'll impress everyone, anyway, no matter what you're wearing.

You always have your thriving Etsy store to fall back on to ha ha

I think I have a sore or a pressure mark under my cast where my thumb joint is. It's not too painful but occasionally I get shooting pains through it. I guess I'll leave it unless I have more problems. I think I'll put an ice pack on that spot tonight to see if that helps.

The cleaning lady was here today and I had groceries delivered see I was kind of lazy. But I had to, of course, wash towels, which folding them is a real challenge. I swear some of these things that I'm doing with one hand would be great videos on YouTube.

Good luck tomorrow at your first day at work!

Laters,
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, How was your first day of work? What jewelry did you wear today? My gold posts are still hanging loosely on my ears. I forgot to take them out.

We are going to get 6 inches of snow tonight. Yay. I worked over seven hours today so much for cutting back on my hours. Now I’m debating what to cook myself for supper. I ordered in taco John’s for lunch just so I can have some potato oles.

Take care
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

I didn't sleep well but got up at my normal time anyway. I cutoff work at 5 1/2 hours. We have 7 inches of snow so far.

Laters.
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby... I'm worn out... These new people might be more than I bargained for. They spend a LOT of hours in the office, but I don't see an abundance of work being done while they are there. Someone sat in my office today for a full hour and told me all about the process she went through to get pregnant and then the whole delivery experience (in all its horrible gory detail -- YIKES!). Keep in mind I never even laid eyes on her until 72 hours ago, and now I know farrrrr more than I want to about her... uh... yanno.

I made an appointment to get my hair cut on Saturday so I can do the donation and get all this long angry animal off my head! I think I'm going to be able to donate over a foot and still have a decent length bob, so that is pretty exciting.

This weekend's project is listing, listing and listing! I haven't taken single photo for over a month. Fortunately things are still selling, but I can tell it's slowed considerably. That's OK, I needed a bit of a break! But we're back in the spring season and I have to get on it.

Alright, off to figure out what to wear tomorrow. Friday is jeans day.. but I think I'm going to just go a little more casual than usual and skip the jeans, at least this first week until I am comfortable with the lay of the land. Plus, I keep showing up on org charts as a part of the "senior management team" and I'd rather be more instead of less conservative if that's how they're going to trot me out!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, so on a positive note, I stoop up at 1:07 pm, walked to my car, drove to Old Navy, returned about $400 worth of stuff from two different orders (don't ask... ), drove back, and was sitting at my desk again by 1:24. That's AMAZING! The wheels are turning about all the stuff I'll be able to get done during lunch hours!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, that's great you can run errands on lunch. That was my life before my last job. It was so far out of town, it was tough to get them done in an hour. And you know I don't drive fast. :lol:

Sorry to hear this week wore you out. I hope things become smoother and more normal for you soon. Too funny that lady poured out her pregnancy story to you. She just wanted to talk to someone.

Cutting off that much hair will be quite a change. Nice. I was toying with getting mine cut shorter but decided it's not hard to deal with so I will leave it alone. I have an appointment in a few weeks anyway.

Have fun taking photos and listing this weekend.

We have an icy city so I have only worked and watched TV. A friend came over for cards and lunch today.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Curby, if it's icy out, then you should stay IN! How's the card playing going? Are you still propping up your hand? I'm so excited about this haircut! I should get Liam to take a pic before I go! I've got to run an errand right after though so I am taking a hat in case the cut (or styling) goes south, LOL.

Out weather is total pants today so my picture taking is going to be a challenge. MUST happen though!

I don't know what's going on these past few days but there are about half a dozen big, loud, angry crows that are spending time in a tree in the corner of the back yard. At first I was like, I'll just let the dogs out, because they bolt over there in full bark -- "Hey you crows, get out of my yard!" Then I looked at the size of the birds and the size of the small dog and thought... bye bye Sonny! So no. But I really wish I knew what all the commotion was about.

Liam brought me my coffee this morning and as a surprise he put in a pump of vanilla syrup. I don't like flavored coffees to begin with, and this stuff is leaving a weird film on my teeth. I think I'm going to have to go downstairs and get some regular coffee. Five + years in you'd think he'd know not to fvck with my coffee!

Last night when I got home I ate some dinner, drank a glass of prosecco, and got in bed. Seriously. I've been here since about six last night. It was GLORIOUS! The week totally wore me out!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Curby, while I was writing to you someone bought three sets of those golden foliage glasses. 1,001 sales! And in less than two years! No wonder I'm so tired... :lol:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, Wow! That is a lot of sales in two years. Congratulations. It sure keeps you busy.

Do you feel like a new person with shorter hair? I have such thick hair if they cut 12" off my hair I'd probably lose 5 pounds. Good plan!

Yes, it's still icy and will be at least through this week. I totally plan on staying in. I informed Marty this morning plan on taking me to the doctor Wednesday afternoon. Sorry you are having pants weather.

Sweet that you had a good night's sleep. I slept in until 7 a.m. this morning. Between not lifting and my body thinking I'm torturing it, I am worn out myself. I wrote up a reviewed a few notes today on a new task I'm going to do every other week but that's all I plan on doing today.

Too funny about the flavored coffee, it's the thought that counts. Marty is with you. He likes espresso and plain coffee. I don't drink coffee, but did make myself some mint cocoa this morning. I can't stand flavored water, I don't even like lemon in it, but I don't dislike lemonade. Yes, #Curbyisweird.

That's kind of strange about the angry crows. Sounds annoying too.

Crap, I just dropped one of my gold studs way under the desk in the den. i'll have to find a yard stick somewhere. i think the only ones we have are in the entry way closet that won't open over the area rug in front of it. I doubt if I should try to move it with one hand. I was tempted to wear a ring yesterday but worry about getting a ring on and off.

Are you still enjoying Bob Ross?

Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
the good news is I got the rug moved, bad news is no yard stick in there. Tried a fly swatter. score! that's why i am only wearing gold earrings and not diamonds.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
and yes, I still need to prop up my arm. If it's down too long, it kind of starts aching.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results