carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, I am usually done with my tax info much earlier than this even, but I wasn't too motivated this year for some reason. I need one piece of paper related to the sale of the boathouse and I have to finish a small spreadsheet, but I'm pretty much done at this point. My tax guy is AWESOME though and I really look forward to going to see him ever years, as crazy as that sounds!

Yesterday I stopped by my real estate office for a little while on my way back from TR's when I got home I did a little walk around the property to see if everything was OK since I'd been gone for a few days. There was a leak in the mail room ceiling that someone had put a coffee can under. I guess I should be grateful someone even did that... right? Anyway, I replaced the coffee can with a bucket and broke up and removed as much of the ice as I could but it still a mess in there. The property manager will have someone out today to see what's going on.

I came in to the office today but there aren't many of us here. Good -- maybe I'll get a lot done! After work I want to swing by Costco and return all those fleeces I bought that don't fit in any size, LOL. I also need TP and paper towels and dish washing liquid... but I'm sure those three things will somehow morph into a $500 checkout bill, ha ha!

OK, off to copy my tax stuff and then get some work done.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, you can't beat having a great tax guy. I am probably going back to who we went to last year. That reminds me I need to print out copies of our cell phone bill for last year; I remember she said Marty should deduct that on his business.
Darn that your real estate office had a leak but glad someone put a coffee can under it. Stupid polar vortex.
I'd be sad returning a bunch of fleeces that didn't fit. I appreciate warm clothes a lot. I can understand how picking up those few things at Costco morph in to $500 at checkout. We resemble that remark.

I apparently spent too much money today because my last purchase was declined. :lol: I bought gas, groceries, some copies at Office Depot, a charge went through on my card for something online and then when I tried to band a new emerald and diamond band it say declined. I luckily had my checkbook with me. I was checking my email on the way home (yes Marty was driving) and we had a voice message on suspicious activity on my debit card please call in.

Work was awful yesterday. The company execs are pushing for a 20% figure on annual appraisals as needs improvement. Really? It's all about saving money. If you don't want to give raises just level with people; don't play games. What a mess. I understand some of the directors and VP are fighting it but obviously it's an uphill fight. I wonder if they want people to quit or they plan on a big layoff and how easy would that be to say hey all these need improvements should go.

We planned on going out to supper last night to a spot about 10 miles north of town. Just as we were getting in to the car a friend of mine called me to ask if we wanted to join them for dinner at that same restaurant. Too funny. I said yes we were getting in the car to head that way right now. We drank our dessert and had a nice time.

I got up at 6:30 this morning and did get a lot of chores done already. i went to the bank, got gas, dropped off my constellation book to be copied, paid off our furniture and met my friend for jewelry shopping. A local mom and pop jewelry store (over priced but has some decent things) have a super bowl sale each year where everything is 50% off. My friend found a pair of 1/2 ctw lever backs that were marked down to $378; she bought them. I found an emerald band that I like. I don't plan on wearing it with my ering but as a RHR. It has very decent emeralds. The emeralds are about .07 ct each and the diamonds are about .03 each (they have 2 between each emerald). i just love how emeralds glow. There was another band I liked but the emeralds weren't as nice. I took Marty back with me since he can see tiny things better than I can. All the diamonds are yellow fluorescent. Next I am writing letters to go out the Valentines to the family and that darn dining room table needs cleaned off.
Emerald Band.jpeg

Take care.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is the earrings my friend bought today.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Curby, LOL on buying so much your last purchase got declined! My American Express Platinum card got declined once at WALMART, but it was an on-line purchase and they thought it was fraud so I guess that's OK, LOL.

My big score this time at Costco was cashmere sweaters for $14.97 each!!!!! They had four colors and I swear if they had TWENTY FOUR I would have bought them all!

This morning I did some furniture moving and floor mopping because I wanted to come to TR's for the weekend and I'm having photos taken first thing Monday morning to put my place on the market. Well... I overdid it and now my back is a bit jacked up. Not like that's any surprise... UGH. So I'm drinking wine and waiting for TR to get back with Chinese food for me and the children.

I did stop at a big suburban mall on the way up to return something that I'd gotten from Lord and Taylor. It had no price tag on it, but it came with a packing slip, and they had forgotten to take the alarm sensor off before they shipped it to me. The sales person kept asking if I'd worn it since there was no tag attached. I was like, DO YOU SEE THE BIG WHITE SENSE OR ON THIS BLACK JACKET?! Of course I hadn't worn the damn thing! Whatever. We got it done. But seriously lady -- a little common sense goes a long way!

No big plans for tomorrow. Hopefully I can actually get out of bed when the time comes...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Let me try this again on my friends earrings.
upload_2019-2-2_22-1-18.jpeg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, too funny about our card being declined online at Walmart. It’s good they watch closely though. I accused Marty of spending too much at the nutrition store today.
Nice find on cashmere sweaters. What colors did you get?
Oh no for hurting your back, I hope it felt better after relaxing and having some wine. Like I told my friend tonight who was worried about dusting - I did that once and it just came back. I’m not suckering for that again.
Aw some of the dumb questions people ask. Glad you were able to get it returned though.
Take it easy.

Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Curby, those earrings are really nice! It sounds like your friend got a great deal too -- awesome!

Last night I slept OK... but only OK. I kept trying to roll over off of my back, and that just doesn't fly when I'm in this condition. Its foggy here today, but warmer at least. I'm waiting to hear back from a friend of mine who lives about an hour away to see if he wants to have lunch. Otherwise it's tacos with the children! That won't kill me of course, but I wouldn't mind a few hours out of the fray LOL. Not really anything else to do today. TR is planning watching the Super Bowl tonight, but I have no pony in this race so I'll be on the couch with a book and a glass of wine. I still also need to connect with the show store lady but she doesn't seem all that concerned with her accounting for the year... SHE drives people like ME crazy!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I was really happy my friend found those earrings. She has been wanting some diamond studs but didn't want to pay a lot of money for them. I tried to steer her to places where she can keep upgrading but she seems reluctant to go that route. She tends to wear dangles more than studs anyway so these were perfect for her.

How is your back doing now? I hate being in pain or uncomfortable when you are sleeping. Did you get to meet your friend for lunch? We had tacos for lunch today.

I hope you hear back from the shoe store lady soon.

Enjoy your wine and book during the Super Bowl. I don't care either way but would be highly amused if the Patriots lost.

We got up about 7. I made pancakes for breakfast then we went grocery shopping. We made tacos for lunch; I browned 2 pounds of ground sirloin so I'd have extra hamburger left to make some mini pizza. Since I already had a messy kitchen and the counter tops covered in freezer paper I went ahead and made my mini pizzas today. I always cover the counter top with something when we cook or eating something messy. It makes is SOOOOOOOOOO much quicker to clean things up.

I am almost done with laundry.

Take care.
Curby

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-I love your new band! You are so right about emeralds having a glow. They have passed sapphires to become my #1 colored gemstone for that reason, I think! Enjoy it. And your friend’s earrings are very nice. I never wear my studs, and I’m thinking about having something similar made. Once Matt and I were at an outlet center in Ohio when our card was declined. Matt immediately called the credit card company and they said something about the purchase being out of state. Good grief, Ohio neighbors West Virginia, and we don’t have anywhere to shop in WV!

Dee*Jay-what a steal on cashmere sweaters! We don’t have Costco anywhere near us. Our closest thing is SAMs, and every great while I find a steal on something, but I think Costco is better. I hate to hear about your back. Back pain wears you out! My back was out and iffy the whole month of December. I don’t know what I would have done without my reaching stick!

I can’t believe just a few days ago temps were in the negatives, and today it was 65. Matt washed both cars and we got the outside Christmas stuff that we just threw into the garage put away. In preparation for redoing our bedroom floors, I ordered a new quilt, fleece blanket for the bed and a mattress pad. I think the comforter on my bed is at least 18 years old, so it’s time for new! We usually either go to a super bowl party or host one, but this year we’re tired and decided to stay home by ourselves this year. The last load of laundry is in the dryer and I’m hoping to be in bed by 11. Have a wonderful Monday!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, I did have lunch with my friend, but it was super foggy diving over there and I actually blew clear through a stop sign along the way! Thank god nothing was coming because the cross traffic didn't have a stop sign, but if freaked me out quite a bit because I was clipping along at a decent sped when it happened. Yikes!

Deegee, these temperature swings are crazy! If you just look at windchill, it's literally a hundred degrees warmer now that it was a few days ago. And Costco is da bomb! I had to laugh when the lady who was folding things on the clothes table said she didn't think the sweaters had sold at their original price of $39.99 because they were too expensive. Forth bucks for cashmere?! I would have happily gotten them for that!

I read a book and slept through most of the game last night. This morning I headed out early and am now sitting here waiting for the photographer to show up to take virtual tour pictures so my place can go on the market. It's a dreary day so I hope they can work some magic with lighting...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Deegee, i am with you on emeralds, now i need a bracelet. :lol: It is kind of a pain getting your card declined but I guess I'd rather they catch fraud rather than have your account wiped out. Scary there.
We only have a Sams club too. Ours has had some Eddie Bauer shirts lately for a very reasonable price. i have a lot of their thermal shirts.
Sorry to hear your back was bad all December. I use my reaching stick a lot.
Nice that you ordered a bunch of new things for your bed.
We watched the Super Bowl but found the game boring and the commercials worse.
Good deal the temperatures warmed up so much.

Dee Jay, I am glad you got to meet your friend for lunch. Yikes for missing the stop sign; what a relief no one was coming through the intersection at the time. Very scary.
That is quite the temperature swing; it was warmer here today but the wind was still chilly.
$40 for a cashmere sweater is a great price. Too funny.
Good luck with getting your place on the market.

We went out for supper. Marty woke up at 2:30 and had a headache all day so didn't do his strength training.
Tomorrow we are heading down to Colorado to get the Porsche serviced. Yay for a day away from work.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, your post just reminded me that I never brought the sweaters in from my car! Maybe I'll wear one tomorrow. I've also got a dozen rolls of paper towels and a gross of toilet paper waiting to come in too, ha ha.

Yesterday the pictures took For.Ev.Er. Literally four hours. She did a great job... but man, I was ready to shoot myself! I didn't get to my office until after 2 pm. Oops. I wasn't going to go to TR's last night but on the walk home I decided Why Not, so I hopped in my car and made the trip. We went out to dinner at the restaurant by the local golf course. It was less than spectacular...

This morning the drive in was pretty good and I got to my office about an hour earlier than normal. Good thing too -- I walked into the lobby of my building and a bunch of people here for a board meeting were down in the lobby. Security wouldn't let them up because no one answered our reception phone (?). I rescued them and brought them up with me. The meeting started late but I guess late is better than never!

Today I'm training at least 8 people and hopefully 10 if I can fit them all in. Oh joy...

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just made it back safely from walking my rings across the street to the jeweler. Marcy-you inspired me with your beautiful new ring. I want my emerald ring back! I jokingly told the jeweler that I broke it in July, but I’d like it fixed by tomorrow. He was slightly amused.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, sorry the pictures took so long. At least they turned out good. Nice you headed out to TR's last night and enjoyed a dinner out. Darn that the restaurant wasn't that great. Most golf course restaurants I've eaten at didn't leave a lasting impression.
Nice that you rescued the people waiting to get in for the board meeting. Way to win brownie points.
How did your training go?
LOL to hauling in the Costco stuff from your car. I chuckled at the gross of TP. I always stock up on things when we go to Sams club.

Deegee, I am glad you survived getting your rings turned in. I am totally enjoying my new emerald ring. Too funny you told the jeweler you would like it fixed by tomorrow. I find my local jeweler doesn't have much of a sense of humor but he is very friendly - especially after my sister spent thousands with him having him make assorted sapphire jewelry for her.

We headed to Colorado before 8 this morning. It was very foggy on the trip down. The 20,000 maintenance was about $880 but I did take in my 10% off coupon which brought it down to under $800. Woo hoo!!! They didn't have any of the 2019 Macans in yet. They did have a GT3RS in the showroom that has 550 hour power. I told Marty he'd be in jail if we had that. We were talking to our salesman and I told him I got a speeding ticket. He asked me how fast I was going and when I said 31 he said that was lame and I should be embarrassed to tell anyone I got a ticket in a Porsche going that slow. :lol:
We had lunch at our favorite steak house. I have been going there since high school and today I found out one of their sides is baked cinnamon apples. I obviously missed that along the line. Marty ordered 2 dinners so he got me the apples as one of his sides and I ate them for dessert. i love baked cinnamon apples.

Now Marty is going to take me to his torture room (gym) and teach me 2 beginning lifting thingy. Wish me luck. If it kills me off you girls can fight over my jewelry. :wavey:

Laters,
Curby / Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't get excited about the jewelry. I lived through it. I pressed 15 pounds - 3 sets - 5 each and then dead-lifted 35 pounds - 3 sets - 5 each. Oh baby steps.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wait... so do Deegee and I have to give back the stuff we've already divvied up between us... ?

:lol:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You guys might just keep your lists because I have to go back on Thursday. :lol:

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Haha...Dee*Jay, we still have a chance!

Good for you, Marcy. I’d like to do some strength training. The best I’m doing is walking laps around the building several times a day, walking the stairs at work several times a day just to walk the steps, and walking Lily. I can already tell an improvement from my 100% sedentary ways. I’d like to feel strong. I’d have to start with very teeny tiny baby steps! And the jeweler is a hottie, and a super nice guy. He always says I always bring him stuff to fix, when am I going to let him make me something? He also said when he has to come across to my side of the street to go to CVS, he drives. How pathetic is that, that we can’t even cross the street for fear of near certain death? That is pretty embarrassing to get a ticket in a Porsche at 31. But you were blowing through a school zone, right? You rebel! Are you thinking about getting a 2019 Macan? Oohhh... new car!!

Dee*Jay-isn’t it funny what you think is inexpensive is too much for others? I think people have no idea how much some of the things I buy cost. And Matt wouldn’t spend $40 on a shirt no matter how nice or how discounted. He makes darn good money, but the man does draw the line at $30 for a shirt. He drives a 10 yr old Honda Pilot with a broken windshield, missing gas cap door, rear passenger door that won’t unlock, and two tires that lose air everyday so he stops by the gas station on the way to work for air. Do you blame me for always wanting to take my brand new gorgeous blue BMW?

Well, the highlight of my day was getting my rings to the jeweler. Woo-hoo! As I was shaking a new employees hand today, I told him I was the manager of death and that everybody ended up in my department at some point. He withdrew his hand and said “maybe I shouldn’t have shook your hand.” I know how to win people over! Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Last edited:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, how ya feelin'? Deegee and I still have our lists... :cheeky:

Deegee, The Manager Of Death -- I love it!!!

Last night TR was going to come down but there was some bad weather so we bagged it. I did load up some things into my car to take to his house, and I also have a friend coming at lunch today to get two antique chairs and a stage light out of my life. I'm in clear-out mode!

Today I've got BBBS, then I'm taking a client to see a house she won't buy, and after that I hope to drive up to TR's, depending on the weather, otherwise I'll go up early tomorrow. There's a charity thing that he's involved with and I, by extension, am sucked into working on the annual dinner tomorrow night.

Working on the annual compliance training... 11 down, about 80 to go!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Deegee, that is good you are walking so much. I am totally willing to give the strength training a try. I have some achy low pain in spots but not bad. Sounds like your jeweler is nice and easy on the eyes, eh? It’s nice to have someone local you trust. Yes it is sad that street is so bad no one wants to walk across it. We don’t have that much traffic here. Yes it is embarrassing to get a ticket for 31 mph. Sadly it was a school zone; maybe I should add a 1 in front of it to make it sound better. Are you loving your new car? I don’t plan on trading my Macan anytime soon. I love it. I see no problem with not spending money on certain things; we all have our limits. I used to order chicken fettuccine Alfredo whenever we’d go out for Italian and it came together as an entree I didn’t bat an eye what it cost but when they want to add $4 or more for chicken I won’t do it. Priorities. LOL to being the manager of death. It’s always good to leave people wondering.

Dee Jay, I am a little achy but don’t hurt bad anywhere. You should keep your lists. #Ididn’tdie

i did tell Marty what I told you ladies; he thought it was funny.
You may as well start clearing your place out now that it’s listed. Woo hoo no more president of the association. Bye suckers.
Nice that you’ll be helping with the charity dinner.
Seems like you just finished compliance training but you are off to a good start.

We ended up with about 4" of snow. It’s icy as crud out there. Driving home my car said -1 and we are expecting -35 wind chill tonight. Marty moved his laptop upstairs today and cranked on the fireplace. Our basement is about 15 degrees cooler than our main floor.

I would have made my Uber drive me to work this morning but he was still asleep when I left. I already asked me to take me tomorrow. I’ll wake him up if he isn’t getting around by 7. Ha!

Laters,
Curby

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-yes, add a 1 to the 31. Sounds much badder! I have discovered that if I leave 5 minutes earlier, I can beat the world’s longest school zone. Most days the lights come on just as I’m getting there. Yes, I LOVE my new car. I started taking the back road again now that the road slip has been repaired. I found myself going 110 on the interstate entrance ramp. I was destined for either a ticket or wiping out on a curve because the interstate is not straight! I will take my chances with the school zone. Those temperatures should not be allowed. It was in the 60’s today, 70’s tomorrow and teens on Friday. What the???

Dee*Jay-moving is perfect for getting you in clear out mode. I got rid of so much crap when we moved and I can’t figure out how so much junk has accumulated in the 5 years in our new house. Enjoy the charity dinner!

I was so aggravated at work today that I planned to come home, take a sleeping pill, drink a bottle of wine and be done with the day. Instead I walked Lily, made a scrambled egg and toast for dinner, and watched Netflix for a while. Wednesday is Matt’s youth group night, so I was on my own for dinner. I did take a sleeping pill and hour ago and it still hasn’t kicked in. My new quilt comes in tomorrow and I sure hope I like it. It took me two years to finally order one! Buying stuff for the house is NOT my strong suit. Have a great Thursday!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
654477C5-C6C3-4A96-983A-BF3491C61550.jpeg
And check this out. Just another day with a tree across the road and a power pole on fire on the way to work. I’ll still take my chances with the back road instead of the interstate.

Reactions: AV_

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, that pole on fire is terrifying. Be safe.
Good idea to leave 5 minutes earlier to avoid the school zone.
All right for going 110 mph - I hope you were saying "whee" will you were driving. :lol:
I agree, I'm adding a 1 in front of my 31 - or I might just say 31 was involved. Not really lying that way; just not telling the entire truth.
Nice that you enjoyed some warm weather today; we've still got 3 months of winter and darn cold weather left.
Sorry you had such a bad day at work. I hope your sleeping pill kicked in and you have a great night sleep.
May your new quilt be perfect. :wavey:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy ice story Thursday kids!

Deegee, WTF is up with that pole on fire?! As for stuff accumulating... when I cleaned out my garage after living in the townhouse for 7 years it took me a full week! I had sh!t upon sh!t upon sh!t! I didn't even know where some of it had come from.

Curby, did you just say we still have three more months of winter to go... ? :eek-2: Say it ain't so sister, say it ain't so!

I had a crazy productive day at work yesterday! Aside from training six people (or maybe it was seven?) I went through all of my emails in my inbox and moved them to the correct folders and cleared up a bunch of little "to do" items. It felt great! BBBS was cancelled AGAIN because of a problem with the bus company that brings the kids into the city. Because of that I was able to move my showing up by an hour, and I think the buyer liked the house quite a bit... but she's not ready to pull the trigger on anything so things are still in "exploratory" mode. That's OK though because some people get started that way. Because of the earlier showing I made it up to TR's sooner than I thought I would, so that was nice too.

The charity dinner might get cancelled. We had an ice storm overnight and the roads are crazy slick. It's still raining, and then the temperature is supposed to drop, so that certainly won't help matters. Frankly I'd rather they just cancel now so I can head home because I think that's better than trying to drive home first thing tomorrow morning given the potential coming weather. Winter in the midwest -- oh joy...

So ladies, I need some perspective. TR's kids are making me crazy. They are good kids, and I truly know that, but they are so fvcking loud that I really want to just smack them sometimes! Of course I would never do that, but I swear half of my communication with them is yelling "HEY!" or "STOP IT!" They are well old enough to be at least a little less feral, but it's an uphill battle because TR is very hands off in disciplining them or getting them to do anything. For instance, after they are done eating or drinking something they just get up from the table and walk away and leave dirty dishes right where they are. The kids are 9 and 11 -- there's no reason they can't put their dishes at least on the counter in the kitchen. These are all little things, and I know this, but it's really starting to grate on me. To the point that I don't even want to be here when they are over. And I definitely don't want to be here with them when TR is gone.

I think there are a lot of things going on here... guilt associated with the divorce and TR's perspective that "that's just the way boys are," among other things. But this is just MUCH. TOO much at times.

I'm not asking for a miracle, but I think if we worked together just a little we could get them to behave even slightly more civilly. After we have a conversation like this he makes an effort... for about a day... and then it's back the way it was. Plus, he can't only be The Heavy when I'm around, he has to do it consistently or it has no impact. And I can't imagine there's any of that going on when I'm not here to nag about it.

In this state the child of divorced parents can pick who he/she wants to live with at age 14. TR is already making noise about the older one potentially coming to live with him in a few years. IF we are still together then, and IF things don't change A LOT by then, I'm Out.

Super frustrated right now. Am I a bad person? You can tell me...

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay-I am NOT a kid person, so I am not good for advice on the topic. When my nieces & nephew were little, they loved coming to stay with me in West Virginia. I think they thought it was a foreign land and they got to do fun stuff. They knew that they had to behave for Aunt Dee or they may not be invited back because Aunt Dee thinks kids are overrated. Haha! They were always amazingly well behaved. The last words their parents would say to them were “you do whatever Aunt Dee tells you to do”, and they did. Seeing some of bad behaving younger employees at work, I wonder if their parents were too easy on them. You are definitely NOT a bad person. You have had a lot of patience!

Marcy-the entrance ramp is straight, uphill, and about 1/4 mile long. I do think “whee!” when I drive, but end up whacking my head on the head rest when Matt drives because he punches it even more than I do! Did you work out again today? I hope you made it through! Getting to and from work is a challenge some days. That’s what I get for living in the middle of nowhere.

My quilt came today and it’s the colors I was hoping it would be. It’s 100% cotton, hand quilted, and soooo soft. The other bedding just shipped today, and I ordered a box spring cover tonight from Wayfair. I want to do away with the bedskirt. Matt likes the tall bed, darn it! I was hoping I could get rid of the box spring altogether and use boards instead. I guess I’ll just keep taking a running jump to get into bed. It was rainy most of today, but got up to 77. I took a few short walks and then walked Lily when I got home. We had ravioli for dinner, and it was pretty good. It just required boiling and sauce. I can handle that. Have a wonderful Friday!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I think our stuff multiplies like bunnies. Yes, sadly there is 3 months of winter left. I never believe it can't snow until mid June. You did have a crazy, busy day yesterday and nice you got to head to TR's early. Sorry to hear about the snow and ice; I hope you stayed at TR's or headed home before it got too bad.
No you aren't a bad person. I'm with Deegee, I am not a kid person. I feel for you about the situation though. That is tough. If TR only makes them settle down and pick up after themselves when you are there then I doubt they will change. It reminds me of being around Marty's nieces and nephews; they quickly drove me crazy. My first thought is why aren't the kids doing the dishes anyway? The best I can suggest is when they get up from the table ask them to take their dishes (if they left them there) and put them by the sink; hopefully they'd learn to do it all the time. I wish I had some words of wisdom.

Deegee, lol that you whack your head on the headrest when Matt drives; I do that all the time and really just noticed it when I whacked my head a few weeks ago. That entrance ramp sounds fun. There is a flat long curve coming in to town that Marty never slows down for; the first time we had my parents in the back seat of the Audi they were freaking out. I am working out tomorrow night. Marty said I should work out 2 days a week now so I thought Friday makes more sense. Marty went to the gym.
Glad you like the quilt. Darn you have to take a flying leap to get in to bed. I am so anxious for our furniture to come in.
i am glad you had nice weather today. That's one of us. :lol:
Ravioli sounds great.

It was minus 12 degrees this morning. It was 15 when Marty picked me up tonight. Tomorrow we might get up to 30 degrees.

Take care.
Curby / Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Uber and Personal Trainer is tricky - our new furniture got delivered today and he didn't tell me. I smelled something like paint or varnish when we came in to the house tonight and he's like I don't smell anything. When he left for the gym he said "you'll be texting me in about 30 minutes" and he was right. I found it heading to the bathroom. It's gorgeous furniture but it's HuGE.

upload_2019-2-7_19-48-16.png
upload_2019-2-7_19-49-13.png

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Let me start by saying I'm sorry I dumped on your gals yesterday... I was just so frustrated that I wanted to beat one kid to death with the other... and I know DCFS frowns on that! :cheeky: So thank you for being there for me!!!

Deegee, I'm glad you like your quilt! Maybe this will be like breaking the damn and you will go on a wild house buying spree of stuff!

Curby, your new bedroom furniture looks GREAT! I especially like the headboard Do you love it?!

The charity event did indeed get cancelled yesterday so I headed back into the city mid-day while the weather was still "good." It worked out well because I had a client who wanted to see two things and I was able to get it done last night since I leave for Telluride tomorrow morning. I should have also done some other stuff last night... but I didn't. Now I regret that I didn't at least do my nails because that's an hour tonight that I could have used in a more useful way, but oh well.

And in today's latest news, I just got off the phone with my bank. There are two unauthorized charges on my checking account, so I guess someone used my debit card number to make purchases. I do not EVER use my debit card for purchases. Fortunately they were for only $49 and $36, and I never use my debit card anyway because I always end up with random cash from other sources (don't ask... ), but stuff like this annoys me to no end!

OK, off to see who I can lure into my training net today!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, no worries about thinking out loud yesterday. It is a delicate situation.
I do love the new furniture. It very nice and again it's HUGE!!! The headboard and foot board is solid wood.
Nice that the charity event was cancelled so you could head back to the city early. Telluride? That's almost in my neck of the woods. Hi!! :wavey:
Good deal they called about those fraudulent charges. Obviously now I want to know about said "cash". That can always come in handy.
How many people did you lure in to your web of training?

We almost made it to 30 degrees today. I picked up Arby's for supper. Marty had a buddy hear lifting and I'm going down shortly. #letshopeIlivethistime. :lol:

Have a fabulous weekend.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, did you find your diamond hoops?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results