shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
646273A2-CA46-4AE0-B720-0CC8F19DCB2D.jpeg 6D414D8A-AE57-4C10-8FD0-2A9E3110633B.png
My emerald ring before & after. See the problem? I cannot he trusted with nice things.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Aw, looking at my broken ring makes me sad. I need to get across the street to have that fixed. Today was a very frustrating day at work. On a positive note, the maintenance person finally hung my dry erase board (after I heard him in the building and hunted him down). It has been propped against my wall since July, which is when I first requested it be hung on the wall. I left work on time again today and then haven’t figured out to do with a whole evening! I took Lily for a walk because it was 65 when I got home, but it started raining by the time we got back. Tomorrow morning is snow. Boo. I had a leftover chicken taco for lunch and hummus and veggies for dinner and. Exciting day! Have a great day tomorrow!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Deegee, I was pretty sure I was dizzy from sinuses because once the wind died down so did my headache and dizziness. However I was poking around on my head this afternoon and found a definite swollen knot still in place and larger than I thought. I am getting shooting pains in there right now. Grr. What was I thinking? I wasn't, eh? That is a good deal about having 40 days you can have; we can have 30 days accumulated. Sounds like our cleaners have the same problem; I like the idea of leaving a list. I might do that and I so don't want them touching my bed. You should definitely use your mixer to make cookies.
I am totally in the camp you shouldn't walk across that crazy street.
Oh no to having the center break out of your pretty emerald ring. You'd think that would be an easy fix. Is it a family heirloom or just something you found?
Nice that you got your white board hung up finally and left work on time. Sorry you had a frustrating day at work.

I woke up a lot last night but managed to always fall back asleep. I had a hectic day at work but not bad. I did manage to get everything done. It is brutal cold here again with wind chills near zero or below. I was going to pick up window food coming home but figured it'd be cold before I got it home so I had some chips and salsa and fried a frozen hamburger. It worked,
I think I'll try an ice pack on my head. Sigh. I DON'T want to break down and go to the doctor. I could put a butterfly bandage on my head to see if that helps. :lol:

Laters,
Marcy / Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy cold in Aspen kids!

Deegee, that's crazy that the middle part of your ring with the emerald popped out!!! At least you have it and hopefully the jeweler can put it back in easily.

Curby, now repeat after me: "There may be something wrong with my head and maybe I really SHOULD go get it checked out." Say that in the voice of Doctor Dee!

Yesterday I had a 9:50 flight to Aspen, which I wasn't at all sure was going to go because so much stuff got cancelled on Monday and more snow was called for. I also planned on getting to the airport early because I didn't know what the TSA situation would be, and even though I'm pre-check I was afraid the lines would be long, so I got there super early... and then my flight was delayed three hours anyway. Oh well, it's still better than all the people who had to spend the night at O'Hare on cots, so no complaints from me! My four friends all got here, although two of them were delayed in Denver for several hours. At least we're here now! They suited up this morning and are off to the slopes... where it's 15 degrees down here so I'm sure it's colder up on the mountain. No thank you! Princess is in the lodge with a cup o' Joe and a fuzzy blankie! I am going to motivate myself to take a shower soon though and engage in a little light shopping, LOL. Will keep you posted if I find anything good!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dr Dee, 2 Advil helped my head today. Really! Glad you made it to Aspen okay; that is some airport there. Like a giant parking lot of planes. Marty headed to LAX early today and was next in line at the Pre check. He texted me he may as well get drunk; he may have since I notice a charge of $105 at LAX Bar and Grill. :lol: Good plan to stay in the lodge with coffee and a fuzzy blanket. I dug out my fleece robe last night and quickly became toasty warm. Let us know if you find anything cool if you go shopping. There are pretty cool shops there.

We had a few more inches of snow which drifted more; I swear the drift on my front yard is probably a permanent fixture for months now. I sure thought of calling in sick (or cold) but since I was up and dressed I headed to work. One more day.

Take care.
Curby / Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-I hope your Head gets better soon! My last concussion messed me up for days. I missed a few days of work and then a friend shuttled me to and from work for the rest of the week. I was not right. My ring came from Jewels By Grace maybe a year and a half ago. I had ruby and sapphire rings and decided I needed an emerald ring! It moved up to be my favorite ring because I just love the color. I make a pledge to get it across the street within the next week. I pay for 3 cleaners to work 1 hour (so equivalent of 3 hrs work) and I leave a list in order of priority. We have half of the rooms and bathrooms shut off and I don’t want them wasting time in there! Safe travels to Marty.

Dee*Jay-sounds like you’re going to have an awesome trip! I’ve never been skiing...too accident prone. I’m not opposed to sitting in the lodge with a tasty drink and going shopping though. Have fun!

Today was a better day at work. I was in the mood to clean my office now that the dry erase board is out of the floor. I got rid of a bunch of stuff and filed a drawer full of personnel items. I never have time, so For the past two years I’ve just tossed everything into a drawer. My office is tidy & organized now. If I happen to just stop showing up for work, someone else could easily find everything. Haha! I did get a lot of strange looks today. People are probably wondering. Tomorrow night my department is having a going away get together at my house for one of my employees who is leaving at the end of the month. She’s awesome, but she decided to go back to grad school full-time and to move to Virginia to be with her fiancé. We can’t compete with that. Have a wonderful Friday!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, I read this morning that airports are now being impacted by both TSA and Air Traffic Control personnel shortages. Oh joy...

Deegee, I hear you on being accident prone! Don't forget, this little skier lost her ACL on the side of a mountain here in Aspen about ten years ago. Yowch!

Yesterday I had a successful shopping day! I got a faux fur coat that I really don't need (and may look just like two other things I already own, ha ha), and also got a yellow gold band with teeny tiny diamond chips in it. It's super cute and I just couldn't resist.

I met my friends for drinks around 2 (they had already had lunch at the top of the mountain) and we eventually made are way back to the condo so they could get cleaned up, then went out for cocktails and on to dinner. Today will be the same I'm sure. Such is my life in Aspen. :cheeky:

My big brilliance of the morning was that the dishwasher wouldn't start and there was no power to the microwave directly above it so instead of calling the condo people to come and check it out I went hunting for the circuit breaker panel and flipped the tripped breaker. Voila! Now we have power! That's it kids; I'm done being useful for the day! :bigsmile:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy weekend kids!

Yesterday I walked around town a bit more and killed time until my friends were done skiing. Drinking ensued! Then there were showers and preening and going out to a fancy dinner. Truly a great meal at a new place, so that was a nice experience. After that everyone headed to bed early so they could get up today and do it all over again.

Today I need to pick up some lift tickets for my friend, and there's a store I want to go back to to get something I should have gotten yesterday (why didn't I just buy it then?), and after that I'll take the bus over to Snowmass and do a little light shopping in the village until I'm summoned for cocktails.

Ah; the Aspen experience!

It's going to be in the high twenties here today, which is plenty warm, but at home it's colder than a witch's t!t. Minus 6 downtown, minutes 14 by TR. Ugh. You know you're in trouble when Aspen in the winter is balmy in comparison!

Ok, off to clean up the kitchen and hop in the shower. Will keep you all posted if I find anything fabulous worth buying!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Deegee, I think it was a good idea to stay home when you had your concussion and to have someone drive you around. I sure notice I am not quite normal (if I ever was). I just notice a thing here and there. Strange.
i totally agree with the necessity to have a sapphire, ruby and emerald ring. There is nothing like the color of an emerald though; I can see why they are such a treasure. They have a glow about them. Be safe getting your ring across the street.
I have thought of doing the same with the cleaning lady to tell them not to clean our spare bedroom and guest bath but my luck as soon as I get them go we'll get company..
It does make people wonder when you clean your desk at work; I know I need to dust and clean out my drawers. I tease my boss all of my junk is job security; he'll have to pack it all up if he fires me. :lol:
How was the party?

Dee Jay, hopefully all the TSA agents are going back to work now.
It sounds like the 3 of us ladies are accident prone. I am sure I'll kill myself on skis.
Your new coat and scattered diamond band sound great. Fun shopping. Actually your daily agenda in Aspen sounds great.
Woo hoo for fixing the power problem.
That is pretty bad Aspen is warmer than home. We were in the 40's today and sunny but the darn wind kept it below freezing so I never stuck my nose out the door.

I slept in a bit and then started working on that constellation book I am revising for the astronomy club. I think I have it ready to copy but there is no rush in getting it done so it can wait until we actually venture out.
I made homemade beef soup today. It hit the spot and I have 2 cups left for lunches.
I started on my February newsletter.
My cleaning project was our lazy susan in the kitchen. Marty had spilled something on top of all the spice jars (curry or something like that) so I pulled everything out, washed everything off; washed the 2 shelves and then had Marty go through his spices and put them back. We had duplicates of so many spices.

Have a great weekend.
Curby / Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay-Matt went skiing once after ACL repair surgery and decided it was a bad idea. Your shopping sounds so fun. You sure know how to take a trip! Dang that’s cold back home. I can handle the 30’s, I can manage 20’s okay but anything below does not work for me. Safe travels going home, hopefully the TSA will be fully staffed and ready for you to go.

Marcy-I know what you mean about not being quite right. I couldn’t listen to my regular music because it was like scrambled noise in my head, and my vision was a little off. I couldn’t think very quickly either, Ike my mind was working slow. Weird. Cleaning projects are no fun, but the results are nice! I made a step towards getting my ring repaired. I put it in my purse.

Our get together last night was nice. Last time I agreed to host a get together for coworkers, there were a lot of people in my house and it got loud. There was dancing in the foyer! This was a much quieter evening and we all sat around by the fire talking until almost 1am. Today we stopped by the flooring store and got hardwood samples for the bedroom (Marcy-you inspired me!). We stopped by the paint store for swatches for the kitchen. I picked up a few front door books too. This is the year I get things done. On the bling front, I bought a Simon G floral band with white & rose gold and a little pink diamond from staci76. It came Thursday and I’m loving it! It’s a little big but I need big for my right knuckle, especially in a wider band. Have a wonderful Sunday!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, your symptoms sound a lot like mine. I notice sometimes I am a bit foggy or slow to answer or think of something. When I get up in the morning my eyes both seem blurry (more so than normal). I asked Marty today if he heard anything when I hit the cabinet and it said it sounded squishy; whatever that means.
That is progress getting your ring in your purse.
Glad to hear your party was so nice and relaxing. How exciting you stopped and got some hardwood samples for your bedroom, paint samples for the kitchen and books for the front door. It's so nice to get those things done. I told Marty today I am so glad we extended the hardwood floors. Your Simon G band sounds beautiful; post pictures when you get time. I sure like my thick band; more than I thought I would.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Deegee, any party where there's dancing in the foyer is a GOOD party! Can't wait to see your new bling!

Curby, we had a lazy susan in our townhouse but things would always fall off into the back corner because the lip wasn't very effective. Used to bug me to death!

My friends are getting ready to go throw themselves down the mountain and I'm contemplating how to spend my day. I'm pretty shopped and leisured out at this point so I think I may go park myself in a coffee shop somewhere and continue working on the accounting for my friend who has the shoe store. If I just buckle down I should be able to get it mostly done today. I could also organize a bit of packing so I'm not doing it all tomorrow morning.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I hate when things fall in the back of the lazy Susan; that happened at our old house frequently. I hope you found a nice coffee shop to work in today; that way you don't have to work on your shoe store accounting today. I have already bugged Marty to start collecting his info on his coaching for our taxes.

Not much going on this morning. I slept in until 8. It is windy as heck here so no grilling today. Our furnace wasn't working so Marty turned the thermostat off then back on and it kicked on. Makes me nervous with this cold front coming tonight. Last time (about a year ago) it quit it was on Sunday too. I don't think it's been a year since that happened.

Take care.
Curby

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
B4D50B76-EB51-4948-8B2E-CCEA7880B4C8.jpeg
New ring!

Marcy- I showed Matt the pictures of your floors and he really liked them. You’ve inspired us both! The sample we picked looks a lot like the color of your floors. It’s called Saddle Oak. The rest of the downstairs is Gunstock. Our bedroom is at the very end of the hall and you actually have to turn to get in it, so we were thinking we could go with a different color than the rest since you would never see it unless you are actually walking into the bedroom. Isn’t it weird what your brain does when you give it a good whack? It’s nice when it starts firing correctly again. That foggy feeling is no fun.

Dee*Jay-you would have loved the dancing party! It was for one of the Indian contractors who was moving off of our technology project, so I had a house full of Indian nationals, West Virginians and booze. The guy who the party was for made a huge legit Indian meal, and it was quite the unforgettable evening. I’m picturing your friends throwing themselves down the mountain! I’d rather be shopping and leisurely hanging out by a fire. I have always heard that Aspen is amazing.

I went to bed last night, or rather this morning, at 4:30 and slept until noon. Oops! I start reading and lose all track of time. We’re going to head out to get groceries and then swing by the paint store to get samples of 2 of the colors I like for the kitchen. I WILL pick a color by Friday. I’m a beige/taupe person, but my kitchen cabinets are white and I have that funky grey Corian countertop, so I feel like I can’t go with beige. The countertop was new when we bought the house, so I’m trying to work with it. I need to actually work for a few hours today, so I’m off. Have a great day!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, what's your heat situation?! My furnace will occasionally make a weird noise -- only in the middle of the night and on a weekend, LOL -- and I'm always worried I'm going to have to huddle under an electric blanket for days until the HVAC guy can get to me!

Deegee, LOVE the new band! You do know you have to post a hand shot, right?! How do the paint samples for the kitchen look?

So I'm sitting here in Aspen... wondering if I'm going to KEEP sitting here in Aspen because of weather pretty much everywhere. There's also some confusion about the origin of the flight we're supposed to take out of here; not sure whether our plane is coming from O'Hare (in which case we're fvcked), or Dallas. Obviously hoping Dallas!

I am at a stand-still on the accounting because my friend never got back to me. Yanno that part where you're doing a FAVOR for someone... and you need them to help you so you can finish that FAVOR... ?!?

Oh well, I guess I'll download a few more books from the library site in case I need them later and see if I can cobble some lunch together from what we've got left in the kitchen here. Fingers crossed I get out today!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay- no way am I taking a finger selfie! Despite my best efforts, my hands are all red, chapped and gross. Not to mention I’ve gnawed my fingernails all the way down to the quick. You know, you really might have trouble getting home. If my hill is icy tomorrow, I’m staying put! Are you on board for an extended vacation?

Howdy Marcy!

So today I risked my life to cross the road to take my rings to the jeweler, and he was closed. Argh! I couldn’t see that the open sign wasn’t lit because of the incredibly bright sun. I will call ahead next time. I got to work early and stayed late. I made New York strip steak, baked potatoes and green beans for dinner. I’m trying to be less useless in the kitchen! I’m working on a load of laundry too, trying not to save it all up for the weekend. I’ve been trying to get a migraine all day. I haven’t had a full blown migraine since I started taking the super magnesium supplement Dee*Jay recommended (THANK YOU!!), and I’ve got my fingers crossed that this one will stay away. Have a great day tomorrow. Stay warm & safe.

Last edited:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diverted to Madison, WI. At this point I’d be happy to rent a car and drive but they are holding my luggage hostage. Fvck.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Deegee, love your new ring. It’s gorgeous. I bought a thick band like that and find it’s one of my favorite rings. I didn’t think I’d like it that much. I am glad I inspired you and Matt on your floors; I am so glad we had it installed. I kind of like have different looks / colors around the house so I agree going with a different color upstairs, downstairs and in your bedroom. It is amazing what a head whack can do. I feel that knot most often sleeping since I sleep on my back. I told Marty this morning it’s at least half the size it was. I notice the tingling, numbness, vision and headache the most for a few hours in the morning. The rest of the day that knot is just slightly there and I don’t notice anything different. The party sounds quite entertaining. Nice that you stayed up reading a book and slept until noon. I hope you found some samples you like for your kitchen.

Dee Jay, it sounds like you need to bundle up or stay home for a few days. Holy Cold blast coming your way! Isn’t it annoying that the furnace only acts up when it’s not convenient to call someone? The guy said it was a sensor that needed cleaning. It worked great yesterday and when I walked in tonight I’m like “it’s cold in here”. Marty was in the basement all day which is colder than upstairs anyway so he didn’t notice. It was doing the same thing as yesterday where it kicked on then only ran a minute or two. The guy is on his way back now. It’s only going down to -4 tonight. I have the fireplace going now. Oh no being diverted; I hope you make it home safely tonight or tomorrow. Yes, I love doing those favors for people where they don’t help you help them.

We are having way better weather than Dee Jay’s neck of the woods but it’s pretty miserable here too. Wind, drifts, ice and wind chill but at least we are only getting inches of snow instead of feet. I did venture to work today then watched the clock for 5 pm to roll around. I had an egg, cheese and toast sandwich for supper; I love quick and easy suppers. Marty is lifting so who knows what he’ll eat?

Take care.
Curby / Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is my thick band. I must have got it the same day my Snoopy wallet showed up.
band.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy frigid Tuesday kids!

Deegee, I'm so glad the magnesium is working for you! Amazing, isn't it, that something so simple can make such a huge difference? I've only had one BAD and one KINDA BAD migraine in the past year, which is vastly different than what I used to get. Yay magnesium!!!

Curby, I hope the furnace issues gets fixed ASAP -- and cheaply (if that's possibly). I was a little worried about coming home last night after being gone all this time with the really bad weather, but it was totally fine. Was super thankful for that!

So we were left off the plane, sat down at the closest restaurant, ordered food, and were told to Get Back On The Plane Right Now!!! So we did. And then Chicago got put on ground hold again but apparently diverted planes get special clearance so we actually did get to go. Not sure we should have frankly; it was a total white out when we landed, but we're all safe so it is what it is.

This morning I considered cleaning off my car and driving... but I took the easy way out and ubered instead. I think that will also be the case for the rest of the week!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I hope you are surviving the frigid temperatures. I doubt the furnace will be cheap but hey heat it necessary. Glad everything was working well when you got home.
That sounds like a hairy scary landing in Chicago but I am glad everything ended okay.
Good idea to Uber this week; the car should be warm when you get in it. :appl: Stay warm.

We were in the 20's today with sunshine. Stupid snow drifts just moved around some more. Not much else going on here. Marty has a buddy downstairs lifting right now. The guy doesn't get sarcasm; I was giving him a hard time tonight because he always just walks in instead of knocking; I said you could at least say "burglar". He just looked at me strange. :lol:

It was cleaning lady day. Yay.
Take care.
Curby

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay- glad you made it home, but holy cow! The temperatures are unbelievable! The last time I flew into Chicago, the plane circled a bunch and then landed sideways. It felt like we were careening out of control down the runway, but we pulled up to the correct gate and it was all good. My seat mate was a coworker who is a marine, and he acted the whole time like nothing was wrong. When we finally game to a stop, he said “wow, I didn’t think he’d be able to get control of this thing.” Yikes! Getting an Uber today was probably the right call. I was SO glad we didn’t get the snow they predicted.

Marcy-Heat IS a necessity, especially right now. That’s another one of those things you hate to have to spend money on, but sure are glad when it works! Your band is really pretty. It looks a lot like a band I have, but haven’t worn in a while because it gives my finger a serious muffin top. I’ve got it in my purse for a trip to the jeweler to be sized up a tiny bit. I think I love bands so much because they sit low and don’t catch on anything. And I speak fluent sarcasm. I don’t get people who don’t get sarcasm!

I had a hair appointment today, so I left a few minutes early to drop my rings off at the jeweler. I could see the Open sign lit from my window. There was not a parking spot to be had anywhere on that side of the street! I struck out two days in a row. Lunch today was leftover Olive Garden and for dinner I made tortellini. I sure didn’t think ahead with Italian twice in the same day. Oh well! Off to read and then to bed. Have either of you ever tried a weighted blanket? Stay warm!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A5D9834D-28D7-4723-997A-088E75C1A83B.jpeg
Marcy-here’s my wide band next to my new ring (sitting on a hardwood sample). It’s almost too wide. I’m hoping having it sized up a little will make it more comfortable, because I really like the ring. And I love your wallet! Did you find that in a store or online?

Last edited:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy polar vortex kids!

Curby, people who don't get sarcasm have no chance of communicating with me at all, LOL.

Deegee, hopefully sizing up a little will make the band more comfortable because it is really pretty!

Last night I came up to TR's and have been camped out here every since. My only useful activity today was laundry. I think I'm just going to stay here tomorrow too, and who knows what Friday will be like. We had a big roast with vegetables for dinner and the wine is flowing. Bring on the vortex!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A lovely sunset. I keep missing the sunrise; i'm in the shower then.
upload_2019-1-30_18-20-31.png

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Deegee, I've got to admit that if that plane landing made a marine nervous it probably would have given me heart failure. Marty has had some hairy landings over the years. Good point about bands; they don't catch on things. And I love it - sarcasm - another service we offer. Darn that you couldn't find a parking place to drop off your rings. That other band does look a like a lot like mine. I might dig it out to wear tomorrow. I have not tried a weighted blanket but I hear people like them. I am so sore and achy most of the time I think it would bother me; I can't stand heavy blankets on my knees or feet. How did you hair turn out? I need a hair cut soon.

Dee Jay, are you staying warm? Holy Polar Vortex indeed. You are in the thick of it. I know what you mean; if people don't get sarcasm it's hard for us witty folks to communicate with them. Staying at TR's with wine and good food sounds like a perfect way to wait out that frigid cold.

We are on the edge of the Polar Vortex and it warmed up past freezing today. We could be near 60 this weekend; then another cold front is moving in. I am taking the Porsche in Tuesday morning for the 20,000 mile maintenance so hopefully we don't get any snow that morning.

Take care.
Curby / Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay-I saw in the other thread that your jeans froze in the dryer. That’s insane!

Marcy-beautiful picture! My assistant got a weighted blanket and she swears by it. I’m have my arthritis issue and I’m a little hesitant to try one. It says it helps with aches. I dunno. Near 60 is going to feel like summer! I do like what she did with my hair this time. I’ve been afraid to ask for anything other than a bang trim and she’s a little afraid to do anything since she butchered it this summer. I only go back because I love to play with her dogs!

I have a dentist appointment at 8 in the morning, and it’s going to be in the negatives when I leave the house. Boo. I do not approve of this polar vortex thing. Have a great day!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_4022.JPG o IMG_4024.JPG
Good morning kids! Here are a few shots from this morning
IMG_4018.JPG

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, those pics are amazing! What a gorgeous sunset and those nigh sky photos are awesome!

Deegee, yep, frozen jeans! How crazy is that?! My car has been in TR's garage for two days now and the snow hasn't melted from when I drove up here, LOL.

Yesterday I did really pretty much not one damn thing (except laundry). We threw a roast in the clock pot for dinner and had some wine and I read a book. The dogs went in and out about a thousand times; they want to go play in the snow but it's soooooo cold they don't stay out long, especially the jack russel. The australian shepherd will play longer, but even he comes back to the door pretty quickly.

Today I'm going to head back into the city in the late afternoon because I want to go to my office tomorrow and we're supposed to get some snow overnight. I'd rather drive in the daylight and in reasonable traffic than risk icy roads in the morning dark.

My friend who has the shoe store is supposed to call me today so I can ask her the rest of the questions. I really hope she does because I'm getting a bit annoyed. I mean -- it's HER accounting I'm doing. FOR FREE. Ugh. And speaking of accounting, I might as well get my business accounting together for the year today too, and probably also start on my personal accounting while I'm at it. I usually go see my accountant mid-Feb, but I might go a bit later this year.

OK, off to make another cup of tea!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! Thank you for the compliments on the pictures.

Deegee, glad you liked your haircut this time. She is lucky that you like to play with her dogs. :D It was definitely too cold when you headed out this morning. Did you get a good report card at the dentist?

Dee Jay, frozen jeans do not sound fun. I don't blame the dogs for not wanting to stay outside long. You guys are in the deep freeze. Good plan to drive back to the city in daylight. I hope the roads were okay for you and your place was fine when you got home. I am starting to round up our stuff for taxes but i do need to bug Marty to get his info rounded up; last year that was a challenge.

I wanted to get up in time to see the Moon and planets this morning so I barely slept after about 3:30 because I kept looking at the clock. I can tell it now but didn't regret the lack of sleep and getting up early. I picked up an Egg McMuffin and hash browns on the way to work today so that helped wake me up.

Take care.
Curby

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results