shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

Discussion in 'Healthy Lifestyle' started by marcy, Mar 22, 2012.

1. deegee
    Brilliant_Rock

by deegee » Feb 9, 2019
    Matt and I are heading out, but I wanted to stop in and say,
    Marcy, I LOVE your new furniture! It’s beautiful. I love the design. I think it was worth the wait! I hope you love it.

2. marcy
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by marcy » Feb 9, 2019
    Hi Kids! I hope you are all having a great day.

Deegee, we are thoroughly enjoying the new furniture.

i slept pretty good last night; could have been helped by taking Advil before going to bed. I am sore, sore, sore today.

I've been working on getting things put in my new dresser today. It is mostly sheets and towels. I cleaned out my 2 jewelry boxes - mostly full of crap and a few pieces of jewelry I don't wear. The last batch of towels is in the dryer. I haven't touched our clothes yet. Bummer.

We are heading out for game night to celebrate a friend's birthday. Her DH makes the most fabulous homemade pizza; he is making me a canadian bacon pineapple pizza. Mm.

Take care.
    Curby

3. marcy
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by marcy » Feb 10, 2019 at 3:21 PM
    Happy Sunday!

I am working on laundry and cooking a roast in the crock pot for supper.
    The birthday party was fun. We played a couple of entertaining games. Two of them involved drawing - a skill I don't possess - so that always makes it amusing anyway. We came home about 11.
    i had chips and salsa for lunch; easy and tasty.

Take care.
    Curby

4. Dee*Jay
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by Dee*Jay » Feb 11, 2019 at 12:28 PM
    Happy Monday kids!

Curby, I never did remember to look for my hoops. Senility at 48 is a terrible thing! When I get home I'll get them out though.

This is day two in Telluride... and day two of a persistent headache. Ugh. It's not a migraine (thank god!), I think it's the altitude. I'm also not sleeping worth a damn, and when I do I have crazy dreams.

Yesterday I did go down into the town and walk around. It's a very cute place! I managed to talk myself out of buying a $180 grey cashmere sweater that looks like every other grey cashmere sweater I already own, so I was pretty proud of myself, LOL. My friend is up skiing now and eventually I'm going to motivate to get up and take a shower... but I'm not in any hurry!

5. marcy
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by marcy » Feb 11, 2019 at 9:20 PM
    Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, i will be anxious to see your diamond hoops. I have some gold oval earring jackets - I wore them for our wedding. I am thinking of having them put on leverbacks; I would wear them. I might sew them to some leverbacks first to make sure I like them.

Telluride is pretty high, I hope your headache gets better.

Yay for resisting a grey cashmere sweater that looks like every other grey sweater you own. I have several black and navy sweaters yet I often look for more. At least I only have 2 green sweaters and one of assorted other colors.

Not much going on today. I only had 2 meetings so it was a quiet day. I went down and did my lifting when I got home then fixed an egg and cheese sandwich for supper.

Have a great evening.
    Curby,
    [​IMG]

6. deegee
    Brilliant_Rock

by deegee » Feb 11, 2019 at 9:59 PM
    Dee*Jay-we went to Sams Saturday and I searched through the clothes hoping to find a good deal on something like you did with the sweaters. Nothing! I did buy 2 pr cheap pants.

How’s lifting going? We used to have a home gym thing but sold it several years ago because neither of us ever used it. I kinda wish we still had it! Are you getting used to your new furniture?

I was a bum today and stayed home. I wore shoes Friday that didn’t agree with my plantar fasciitis and my heel was screaming this morning. That along with a stomach ache turned me into a big baby today! We ate bratwursts for dinner last night and all that fat and grease did NOT agree with me. Blech. Have a great day!

7. deegee
    Brilliant_Rock

by deegee » Feb 12, 2019 at 6:41 PM
    Howdy!
    It was a challenge getting home tonight. A tree fell across the road and was hanging on to power lines. They got the power lines off the road enough to let cars pass, but it was creepy driving under them right above the car. It has rained so much that I’m not kidding when I say that the trees are slipping off the hillside. My stomach was iffy all day. I couldn’t decide if I was hungry or going to throw up. Gotta love it! I ate bland food, made it through the day and am happy to be home. I had good intentions and brought my laptop home, but after sitting in the car so long this evening waiting to get through, my good intentions have fizzled. Lily hopped up on the bed and left nice muddy paw prints on my new quilt. Argh! I think I’m going to make scrambled eggs & toast for dinner. Nice and bland. Have a great day tomorrow!

8. marcy
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by marcy » Feb 12, 2019 at 8:43 PM
    Hi Kids!

Deegee, it is nice to have our own gym; I probably would have motivation issues having to go somewhere. I am loving our new furniture. It sounds like a good idea to stay home Friday - any maybe you should have done so today. That is very scary driving under power lines. That is awful the trees are just falling over. Out here we have a ton of dead trees from beetle kill; so they are brittle and the wind snaps them off. Neither one is good.
    Are you enjoying your new quilt? I need to order a new cotton blanket for our bed. I use them as our bedspread. I pulled out the blue one I have because it's slightly wider but it has a bleached out spot on it where I spilled some ammonia based jewelry cleaner years ago. It almost looks like a heart shape though - Marty wasn't impressed. I hope your stomach feels better

It was in the 30's here today but cold as heck with strong winds. My wool coat is too big so the wind just blows up underneath it. I think I'll start wearing a sweatshirt under it too. My parka is too warm to wear unless it's zero or below.
    My right knee feels pretty irritated tonight, kind of like it wants to give out. I took 2 Advil. I won't be lifting again for a few days anyway so hopefully it's just a fluke. Stupid knee.
    Marty was going to fix us supper. I get home and he's on the couch and not a thing is cooked. :wall: I'm pretty hungry and hate to eat late. One of his buddies was coming over to lift and he forgot. Phooey. It's almost 7 already. I should have stuck my with my plan to cook a burger and toast an English Muffin.
    BTW, my boss told me today both he and his boss are wondering too if the appraisals they are altering will lead to layoffs. My 5 person team could be cut down to 2. I wouldn't miss 2 of them but that would be a new challenge.

Laters,
    Curby / Marcy

9. marcy
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by marcy » Feb 13, 2019 at 9:33 PM
    Hi Kids! Happy Valentine's Day tomorrow :wavey:

i broke up my day at work by meeting a friend for lunch. It was sunny and warmish here but high winds took care of making everything chilly. most of the interstate west of here is closed until tomorrow because of ground blizzards.

I did go down and do my lifting tonight. My right knee was giving me fits last night so I got up and put aspercreme on it. This weekend I might do presses one day and not do dead lifts to see which of the 2 is agitating my knee. i am not going to give up because it will take time to adjust. Marty upped the weight another 2.5 pounds on the presses. My arms are talking to me now. Hopefully soon I won't notice these things.

I baked those ready to bake Pillsbury cookies that have little red hearts in them for work tomorrow. I thought it would be nice to take in some kind of treat.

Take care.
    Curby

10. deegee
    Brilliant_Rock

by deegee » Feb 13, 2019 at 11:05 PM
    Marcy-oh no! Take care of that knee! Exercising always hurts to start with, but be careful. I went to a gym once (Curves...did you have those places?) and I really enjoyed it, but one of the exercises made my ankles hurt. Since every other joint hurts but my ankle, I stopped that nonsense right away! Bummer Marty didn’t make dinner. I’m sorry you might lose people. I’m down a few. I have 9 full-time and 2 temps. I’m suddenly down 3 people, hoping it doesn’t turn into 4! One quit, two are on LOA, and one is thinking of retiring. Yikes! I’m loving my new quilt, fleece blanket & pillow. The animals seem to love them as well because they’re always on my bed now. My mattress pad and box spring cover came in today, so we’ll get those on this weekend. I’m going to need help picking a rug, so I’ll probably be posting a pic with my nasty stained carpet, asking for suggestions. We’ll get the hardwood ordered after I secure a rug! Even Matt is excited. I was thinking the evening that I should have done something for my staff or tomorrow, but it’s too late now! Nice of you to bake cookies.

I feel SO much better today. I very seldom eat greasy food, and I’m going to be even more picky now. One miserable day and one iffy day...not worth it. All of a sudden this evening was really hungry and tonight is Matt’s youth group night, so I made a scrambled egg, biscuit and piece of sausage (which I wrapped in a paper towel to soak up the grease). I took Lily for a walk and finished a book. Excitement galore! Have a wonderful Valentine’s Day!

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019 at 11:12 PM
  11. marcy
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by marcy » Feb 14, 2019 at 9:42 PM
    Hi Kids! Happy Valentine's Day!

Deegee, we did have a Curves here - sorry to hear it bothered your ankle. My MIL did it here for a while but it bothered her knees. I am with you that if one of the few spots that doesn't hurt starts to hurt from something it's time to stop.
    I hope you don't lose too many people. I would bet there is about a 70% chance this appraisal shenanigans will result in layoffs. I have developed several reports and queries that can replace at least one person so that will help.
    That is too cute your fur babies enjoy the new blankets and quilts. It's comfy and warm.
    Have fun picking your rug. We found once we got started it we were on a roll.
    I have never been a fan of greasy food and it does bother me more and more. I am glad you are feeling better.

I think everyone kind of enjoyed the little cookies. The young guys sure dived in right away.
    Marty baked a tenderloin roast, asparagus and made enough mashed potatoes to feed the neighborhood. It was all delicious. We are going to have a bowl of slow churned ice cream shortly. Oh yes, there was a bottle of Freak Show too.

Snow is on it's way tonight with a high of 20 tomorrow. We had nicer weather in December and early January.
    Take care.
    Marcy / Curby

12. Dee*Jay
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by Dee*Jay » Feb 15, 2019 at 11:38 AM
    Happy Friday kids!

Deegee, I kinda wish greasy food bothered me LOL! Imagine all the calories I'd save...

Curby, your dinner sounds delish! I had a V-Day dinner yesterday on the plane(s) on my way home... there was chocolate involved, purchased in a mad dash through the DFW airport on a tight connection!

I'm happy to be home! Five days on a ski trip when you don't ski can turn into a long time... When I got home last night around midnight I couldn't sleep, of course, and I woke up about an hour before my alarm went off this morning. WTF.

On my way to work I couldn't get the cord for my phone out from between the seat. I realized it's stuck in the track that goes back and forth and I've resigned myself to the fact that I will NEVER get it out and will just have to cut it. That's fine. But the part that's NOT fine is that I fell on the ice getting out of the car trying to figure out what was going on. I landed on my left hand, elbow and knee, and somehow then rolled onto my hip and half way under the damn car. My only consolation is that I was going out the back gate so I don't think anyone witnessed my antics. I've got a big bandaid on my hand and I'm resting my elbow on a bag of ice. We three are The Klutz Sisters!

Tonight I have to hand some keys off a client and then I'll head up to TR's, when I'll stay until Sunday when I come home for the cow bag lady's birthday party. Monday is busy -- I'm taking a client around to see some houses, meeting with my accountant to go over my taxes, and then doing my best friend's taxes.

13. Dee*Jay
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by Dee*Jay » Feb 16, 2019 at 11:10 AM
    Happy Saturday kids!

Not a lot to report except my bruises are starting to come out in all their glory, and I have to keep a bandaid on the cut on my hand because it's right where I rest it on my laptop to type.

The kids are playing video games (but they did go outside to play in the snow of their own volition this morning, which shocked the sh!t out of me) and TR has found a piece of furniture at an estate sale he wants me to hop out and see because he may be able to refinish (paint) it and then I can display my ever growing collection of depression glass wine glasses.

My hair is at a weird length in back right now because of the layers. I could probably go for another cut and get it evened out, but I'm going to try to hold off a while more. This morning I used mousse for the first time since it's been longer and I think that may have helped a little because I was able to fluff it up a bit and it all blended better. What a PITA all this growing out stuff is!