carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Matt and I are heading out, but I wanted to stop in and say,
Marcy, I LOVE your new furniture! It’s beautiful. I love the design. I think it was worth the wait! I hope you love it.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! I hope you are all having a great day.

Deegee, we are thoroughly enjoying the new furniture.

i slept pretty good last night; could have been helped by taking Advil before going to bed. I am sore, sore, sore today.

I've been working on getting things put in my new dresser today. It is mostly sheets and towels. I cleaned out my 2 jewelry boxes - mostly full of crap and a few pieces of jewelry I don't wear. The last batch of towels is in the dryer. I haven't touched our clothes yet. Bummer.

We are heading out for game night to celebrate a friend's birthday. Her DH makes the most fabulous homemade pizza; he is making me a canadian bacon pineapple pizza. Mm.

Take care.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday!

I am working on laundry and cooking a roast in the crock pot for supper.
The birthday party was fun. We played a couple of entertaining games. Two of them involved drawing - a skill I don't possess - so that always makes it amusing anyway. We came home about 11.
i had chips and salsa for lunch; easy and tasty.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, I never did remember to look for my hoops. Senility at 48 is a terrible thing! When I get home I'll get them out though.

This is day two in Telluride... and day two of a persistent headache. Ugh. It's not a migraine (thank god!), I think it's the altitude. I'm also not sleeping worth a damn, and when I do I have crazy dreams.

Yesterday I did go down into the town and walk around. It's a very cute place! I managed to talk myself out of buying a $180 grey cashmere sweater that looks like every other grey cashmere sweater I already own, so I was pretty proud of myself, LOL. My friend is up skiing now and eventually I'm going to motivate to get up and take a shower... but I'm not in any hurry!

Reactions: AV_

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, i will be anxious to see your diamond hoops. I have some gold oval earring jackets - I wore them for our wedding. I am thinking of having them put on leverbacks; I would wear them. I might sew them to some leverbacks first to make sure I like them.

Telluride is pretty high, I hope your headache gets better.

Yay for resisting a grey cashmere sweater that looks like every other grey sweater you own. I have several black and navy sweaters yet I often look for more. At least I only have 2 green sweaters and one of assorted other colors.

Not much going on today. I only had 2 meetings so it was a quiet day. I went down and did my lifting when I got home then fixed an egg and cheese sandwich for supper.

Have a great evening.
Curby,
51604147_2586945048022902_4248084661357510656_n.png

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay-we went to Sams Saturday and I searched through the clothes hoping to find a good deal on something like you did with the sweaters. Nothing! I did buy 2 pr cheap pants.

How’s lifting going? We used to have a home gym thing but sold it several years ago because neither of us ever used it. I kinda wish we still had it! Are you getting used to your new furniture?

I was a bum today and stayed home. I wore shoes Friday that didn’t agree with my plantar fasciitis and my heel was screaming this morning. That along with a stomach ache turned me into a big baby today! We ate bratwursts for dinner last night and all that fat and grease did NOT agree with me. Blech. Have a great day!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Howdy!
It was a challenge getting home tonight. A tree fell across the road and was hanging on to power lines. They got the power lines off the road enough to let cars pass, but it was creepy driving under them right above the car. It has rained so much that I’m not kidding when I say that the trees are slipping off the hillside. My stomach was iffy all day. I couldn’t decide if I was hungry or going to throw up. Gotta love it! I ate bland food, made it through the day and am happy to be home. I had good intentions and brought my laptop home, but after sitting in the car so long this evening waiting to get through, my good intentions have fizzled. Lily hopped up on the bed and left nice muddy paw prints on my new quilt. Argh! I think I’m going to make scrambled eggs & toast for dinner. Nice and bland. Have a great day tomorrow!

Reactions: AV_

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Deegee, it is nice to have our own gym; I probably would have motivation issues having to go somewhere. I am loving our new furniture. It sounds like a good idea to stay home Friday - any maybe you should have done so today. That is very scary driving under power lines. That is awful the trees are just falling over. Out here we have a ton of dead trees from beetle kill; so they are brittle and the wind snaps them off. Neither one is good.
Are you enjoying your new quilt? I need to order a new cotton blanket for our bed. I use them as our bedspread. I pulled out the blue one I have because it's slightly wider but it has a bleached out spot on it where I spilled some ammonia based jewelry cleaner years ago. It almost looks like a heart shape though - Marty wasn't impressed. I hope your stomach feels better

It was in the 30's here today but cold as heck with strong winds. My wool coat is too big so the wind just blows up underneath it. I think I'll start wearing a sweatshirt under it too. My parka is too warm to wear unless it's zero or below.
My right knee feels pretty irritated tonight, kind of like it wants to give out. I took 2 Advil. I won't be lifting again for a few days anyway so hopefully it's just a fluke. Stupid knee.
Marty was going to fix us supper. I get home and he's on the couch and not a thing is cooked. :wall: I'm pretty hungry and hate to eat late. One of his buddies was coming over to lift and he forgot. Phooey. It's almost 7 already. I should have stuck my with my plan to cook a burger and toast an English Muffin.
BTW, my boss told me today both he and his boss are wondering too if the appraisals they are altering will lead to layoffs. My 5 person team could be cut down to 2. I wouldn't miss 2 of them but that would be a new challenge.

Laters,
Curby / Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! Happy Valentine's Day tomorrow :wavey:

i broke up my day at work by meeting a friend for lunch. It was sunny and warmish here but high winds took care of making everything chilly. most of the interstate west of here is closed until tomorrow because of ground blizzards.

I did go down and do my lifting tonight. My right knee was giving me fits last night so I got up and put aspercreme on it. This weekend I might do presses one day and not do dead lifts to see which of the 2 is agitating my knee. i am not going to give up because it will take time to adjust. Marty upped the weight another 2.5 pounds on the presses. My arms are talking to me now. Hopefully soon I won't notice these things.

I baked those ready to bake Pillsbury cookies that have little red hearts in them for work tomorrow. I thought it would be nice to take in some kind of treat.

Take care.
Curby

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-oh no! Take care of that knee! Exercising always hurts to start with, but be careful. I went to a gym once (Curves...did you have those places?) and I really enjoyed it, but one of the exercises made my ankles hurt. Since every other joint hurts but my ankle, I stopped that nonsense right away! Bummer Marty didn’t make dinner. I’m sorry you might lose people. I’m down a few. I have 9 full-time and 2 temps. I’m suddenly down 3 people, hoping it doesn’t turn into 4! One quit, two are on LOA, and one is thinking of retiring. Yikes! I’m loving my new quilt, fleece blanket & pillow. The animals seem to love them as well because they’re always on my bed now. My mattress pad and box spring cover came in today, so we’ll get those on this weekend. I’m going to need help picking a rug, so I’ll probably be posting a pic with my nasty stained carpet, asking for suggestions. We’ll get the hardwood ordered after I secure a rug! Even Matt is excited. I was thinking the evening that I should have done something for my staff or tomorrow, but it’s too late now! Nice of you to bake cookies.

I feel SO much better today. I very seldom eat greasy food, and I’m going to be even more picky now. One miserable day and one iffy day...not worth it. All of a sudden this evening was really hungry and tonight is Matt’s youth group night, so I made a scrambled egg, biscuit and piece of sausage (which I wrapped in a paper towel to soak up the grease). I took Lily for a walk and finished a book. Excitement galore! Have a wonderful Valentine’s Day!

Last edited:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! Happy Valentine's Day!

Deegee, we did have a Curves here - sorry to hear it bothered your ankle. My MIL did it here for a while but it bothered her knees. I am with you that if one of the few spots that doesn't hurt starts to hurt from something it's time to stop.
I hope you don't lose too many people. I would bet there is about a 70% chance this appraisal shenanigans will result in layoffs. I have developed several reports and queries that can replace at least one person so that will help.
That is too cute your fur babies enjoy the new blankets and quilts. It's comfy and warm.
Have fun picking your rug. We found once we got started it we were on a roll.
I have never been a fan of greasy food and it does bother me more and more. I am glad you are feeling better.

I think everyone kind of enjoyed the little cookies. The young guys sure dived in right away.
Marty baked a tenderloin roast, asparagus and made enough mashed potatoes to feed the neighborhood. It was all delicious. We are going to have a bowl of slow churned ice cream shortly. Oh yes, there was a bottle of Freak Show too.

Snow is on it's way tonight with a high of 20 tomorrow. We had nicer weather in December and early January.
Take care.
Marcy / Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Deegee, I kinda wish greasy food bothered me LOL! Imagine all the calories I'd save...

Curby, your dinner sounds delish! I had a V-Day dinner yesterday on the plane(s) on my way home... there was chocolate involved, purchased in a mad dash through the DFW airport on a tight connection!

I'm happy to be home! Five days on a ski trip when you don't ski can turn into a long time... When I got home last night around midnight I couldn't sleep, of course, and I woke up about an hour before my alarm went off this morning. WTF.

On my way to work I couldn't get the cord for my phone out from between the seat. I realized it's stuck in the track that goes back and forth and I've resigned myself to the fact that I will NEVER get it out and will just have to cut it. That's fine. But the part that's NOT fine is that I fell on the ice getting out of the car trying to figure out what was going on. I landed on my left hand, elbow and knee, and somehow then rolled onto my hip and half way under the damn car. My only consolation is that I was going out the back gate so I don't think anyone witnessed my antics. I've got a big bandaid on my hand and I'm resting my elbow on a bag of ice. We three are The Klutz Sisters!

Tonight I have to hand some keys off a client and then I'll head up to TR's, when I'll stay until Sunday when I come home for the cow bag lady's birthday party. Monday is busy -- I'm taking a client around to see some houses, meeting with my accountant to go over my taxes, and then doing my best friend's taxes.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Not a lot to report except my bruises are starting to come out in all their glory, and I have to keep a bandaid on the cut on my hand because it's right where I rest it on my laptop to type.

The kids are playing video games (but they did go outside to play in the snow of their own volition this morning, which shocked the sh!t out of me) and TR has found a piece of furniture at an estate sale he wants me to hop out and see because he may be able to refinish (paint) it and then I can display my ever growing collection of depression glass wine glasses.

My hair is at a weird length in back right now because of the layers. I could probably go for another cut and get it evened out, but I'm going to try to hold off a while more. This morning I used mousse for the first time since it's been longer and I think that may have helped a little because I was able to fluff it up a bit and it all blended better. What a PITA all this growing out stuff is!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, oh no that you fell on the ice. Sounds like you lost that fight; I hope you aren't too sore today but I bet you are; and bruises are the best - or at least interesting to watch change colors over the coming days. Feel better soon!
Yes, we are the Klutz Sisters. Sadly.
That would be cool to find the perfect piece to display your depression wine glasses. I hope it works out.
It is a PITA to grow out your hair and bangs. I really need a haircut but keep waiting until my head doesn't have any occasional reminders that I lost the fight with a cabinet. They have really subsided but I do still notice the spot where I had the knot when I am sleeping.

We had our astronomy meeting last night and went out for lunch today - other than that it's a routine weekend - chores, grocery shopping and catching up on things. Cold and snow are moving back in (come to think of it I wouldn't say it really left). I swear it's been like December for the last month and March is in sight.
I need to start working on the article for the paper. I think I'll write about circumpolar constellations.

Take care.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Abridged version of my day so far: Woke up, showered, went out for breakfast (yum vanilla pancakes), grocery shopping, lifting (#Ididn'tdieyet), browned some hamburger to put in lasagna I'm making tomorrow and now getting ready to bake cookies.

I hope you are all having a fabulous day. :wavey:

Curby / Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay-yikes! Your fall sounds awful. I hope you’re okay. I’m always hoping no one has seen me when I have an incident, but there always seems to be that one person who makes sure I’m okay, and then tells everyone! I’m trying to grow my hair out after my haircut lady butchered me over the summer after taking too many pain pills. I have a hair goal to let it grow and go curly. I can see me running for a another Brazilian blowout as soon as it gets humid outside!

Marcy-you’re still finding tender spots from your meeting with the cabinet? Things seem to take so long to heal! Especially the noggin. Nice of Marty to make dinner! Matt took his youth group to a concert on V-day, so I was on my own. I ended up eating a light meal and I was in bed by 10. Too bad cold & snow are coming back. We are having a lot of rain and wind, which means more trees sliding of the hillside.

I ordered a rug from Overstock and we’re heading to Lowe’s to arrange to have the room measured for hardwood. Look at me, making decisions like I know what I’m doing! Last night we put on the box spring cover and threw away the bedskirt, flipped the mattress and put on the new mattress pad. Officially all new bedding, and I love it. I hope I can keep us this momentum actually get some things done on the house. I can’t believe we’ve already been here almost 6 years! I’m off tomorrow for President’s Day. I am taking both cats & Lily to the vet for their checkup and shots. Thankfully it seems like Max’s diabetes is under control, and I’m hoping everybody gets a good report tomorrow. Have a great day?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, it's tough to decide what hairdo we want. At least anything we pick will eventually grow out and can be changed.
That was nice of Matt to take his youth group to a V-day concert. What age range are the kids in his group?
I hope the trees don't keep sliding off the hill but I doubt wishing will make that so. That is so scary.
You are making major progress on your remodeling and upgrades. Once it starts it is hard to stop.
Enjoy your day off tomorrow. I have to work. Darn. That is awesome to hear Max's diabetes is under control.

Marty was obviously bored today:
I found Tucker watching me when I woke up, a killer rabbit with his gun pointed at me when i got out of the shower and then Tucker tested some of my cookies when they were done.

upload_2019-2-17_16-13-32.png

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-how do you make so many cookies and not eat them all? Your critters are being devious! I especially like the killer rabbit. Matt has the teen youth group -13 to18. Almost all of them live with a relative or someone other than a parent. 4 of his kids from one family got whisked away into group homes & foster care this year. I think I told you about that. The drug epidemic is horrible here. Matt took them to see Toby Mac, and there were a bunch of other groups too. Not my thing! Sorry you had to work today. How’s lifting going? Is the soreness in your knees better?

I ran around all day today. I’m exhausted! I planned to sleep in, but the generator kicked on for it’s charging cycle bright and early, and then my sisters starting texting so I was up. I took all animals to the vet and everybody got good reports. Each cat weighs 20 lbs, so it’s a workout wrangling them into their pet carriers, into the car and then in to the vet. Lily is easy. She follows me everywhere and she’s always up for a car ride. I came home and did 3 loads of laundry, vacuumed Lily’s seat cover for the car, and vacuumed the floorboards too. That dog sheds! I decided to clean out the drawers in my dresser. How many pairs of socks can one person possibly need? And I have an entire deep drawer full of black t-shirts and tank tops. Sheesh. I made ravioli for dinner, and naan cinnamon sugar dippers for dessert. I’m going to take a sleeping pill and read for a bit. Have a great day tomorrow!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just checking in to let you gals know I'm alive -- but a bit crazed right now! Will write more later. :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! I hope you are having a great week.

Deegee, I do eat some of my cookies but I eat less of them than I used to; I guess that is progress. That is pretty nice what Matt does with his youth group; it sounds like they have challenging lives. I hate to hear there is such a bad drug problem there. Sadly, I think it is pretty bad a lot of places. So tragic.
Lifting is going okay. I still don't have a clue what I am doing - breathing, form, etc. My knees are irritated but seem a bit stronger. I am using aspercreme and Advil more than normal but hopefully the soreness lessons. Marty and I are disagreeing about adding weight each time; I don't think I should push myself that much.
It sounds like wrangling all of the kids to go to the vet was fun. Nice they got a good report card. You had a busy day. Ravioli sounds great.

Dee Jay, glad you are alive. :wavey:

We had company for supper last night so I made lasagna on Monday night to bake last night. It was a fun evening. We had salad, lasagna, garlic bread and beans. And cookies of course. The ladies whipped the gentlemen at cribbage. Ha Ha.

We are hovering around zero here this week with some fun filled wind chill. We aren't getting a lot of snow just enough to keep it nasty. I swear it feels like December now.

My employees have pushed me to :wall:

I lifted tonight then had an english muffin with peanut butter.

Is it Friday yet?
Curby / Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay - I was worried about you after your fall! I was afraid you might be in a full body cast or something.

Marcy- lifting seems like it would be stress relief. Definitely don’t do more than you think you should, though. Sorry your employees are driving you batty. I know that feeling too well. Good job for beating the boys at cribbage! Matt and I used to play, but I don’t know where the board ended up when we moved. Lasagna sounds delicious.

Today the 1.5 hour meeting I scheduled turned into a 5.5 hr design session with another 3 hr session scheduled for Friday. It was for a functionality that hasn’t worked right since go-live in 2017, and it has been patched and pushed along ever since. It brought back bad memories of working on the project! I got the strangest compliment yesterday. Someone told me I had beautiful eyebrows. Haha! I guess I was on my game eye-wise yesterday. I was on my own for dinner tonight, so it was a salad and pimento cheese sandwich. Sounds amazing, right? I’m still waiting for my rings to get finished. The guy hasn’t been opening the shop everyday so it’s taking a lot longer than usual and it’s driving me crazy. Argh! Marcy, I agree with you...is it Friday yet? And I had off on Monday!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! It is almost the weekend. :appl:

Deegee, i honestly don't mind lifting. Right now it doesn't take me long either. Marty hates to play cribbage with me because I am pretty lucky with it. I am sure he wants to strangle me when I get 24 point hands or cribs.
Darn that memories of the project past is coming back to haunt you. I hope it gets fixed right this time.
I have to admit a pimento cheese sandwich would not be my choice for supper. Salad sounds good though.
I hate waiting to get rings back. I need to turn in my earring jackets for lever backs. I even have a pair that used to have diamonds in them. I don't want whether to use them or just get new. I kind of miss my dangles but those .44 ct diamonds were used to help purchase one of my upgrades. They were just okay diamonds so it was an easy choice.

We continue to have cold and snow. We might make it slightly above freezing this weekend then in to the 40's next week.

Take care.
Marcy / Curby

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi all!

Marcy-Matt played cards and cribbage a lot while he was in college. When we first got married, he’d spot a license plate and say “now that would be a good cribbage hand.” I didn’t know what he was talking about! I have in my diamond studs today, and I’ve gotten used to dangle earrings. These feel strange! It’s funny because I used to wear these every single day and wasn’t sure I’d even want dangles. Funny how tastes change so much. 40’s is going to feel like spring after all that nasty weather you’ve had. It’s raining again today. All this rain is really affecting everyone’s mood. I’m ready for spring and warm air and sunshine.

We’ve been hanging around the house today. The floor guy came to measure the bedroom earlier. He must have smoked a pack of cigarettes on his way here with the windows up because now my room stinks. We needed to get 3 blood glucose readings for Max today, and we’ve gotten through 2 of them. He’s been a little champ! He doesn’t even flinch when I lance his paw pad and he stays still while we get the reading. Poor little guy. I’m going to head to Sherwin Williams in a little while to get a paint sample for Interesting Aqua for my kitchen. I hope it works because I’m tired of looking at paint samples. Have a wonderful weekend!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! Happy Sunday,

Deegee, I had to chuckle about Matt saying something would be a good cribbage hand; I think that all the time.
I hope you are enjoying your studs. It is funny how tastes change. I like dangles but wear studs most of the time. Hopefully I can work a pair of diamond dangles back in to my earring assortment some day.
We went out for a late lunch today and it was 27 then; it is really windy though so it still felt really cold. At least the sun is shining today. Denver had a lot more snow than we did so hopefully the trip to the airport is okay for Marty tomorrow.
Sorry to hear you are getting more rain. You need some warmth and sunshine so those poles stay in place.
Nice that your room smelled like smoke after that guy was there. There was a lady at my last job that would smoke in her call all the time and she always reeked of smoke.
Max is being a trooper, I sure hope it helps him. Poor little guy.
Crossing my finger the Interesting Aqua works for you. You do reach a point when you are tired of looking. When we picked our refrigerator out a few years ago the one we picked got damaged in delivery; we wouldn't accept it. They arranged to bring us the other one they had in stock and it fell over in the truck and got damaged worse than the first one. Sadly they couldn't get another one of those models in so wwe had to go pick something else out. i totally remember saying "I don't care; I am sick of looking at refrigerators". We did end up with a nicer refrigerator than we picked so i guess all is well in the end.

I finished my article forr the paper today and will have Marty proof it before i email it out. I've been working on laundry and the newsletter while watching that new BBC Dynasties documentaries. They are airing them in 4KHDR today so I had to check them out.
I did my lifting this morning and my mean coach made me lift 5 pounds more on dead lifts.

Have a fabulous weekend.
Curby / Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Curby, I'm excited that you're doing so much working out/lifting! I went to the gym yesterday for the first time in ages and I'm a little sore today. It felt good though!

Deegee, poor Max! It's good he doesn't seem to mind though. And LOL on Matt and the license plates. I'm not a card player so I'd have no idea what he was talking about either.

So it's been a crazy week... A few highlights: On Tuesday night we had the condo meeting at my house where I turned over the presidency to a new person. God bless her. It was a terrible meeting though, and some guy who's never been to any other meeting showed up and accused me of damn near everything but having the developer's love child. He thinks I was somehow responsible for the developer coming to our building with the bid in the first place, but I never even heard the guy's name until one of my neighbors told me last summer that we'd gotten a letter from him. Whatever. I'm no longer the president, which is the important part.

My unit went on the market the next day. I'm afraid it's going to be a tough sell -- I mean, I Got No Walls, LOL. We'll see. I really have no down side -- if it sells I move on, and if it doesn't I "have" to live in my 2800 square foot completely renovated space.

One of my big clients is getting more serious about the process, so I'm hopeful I'll be writing a $1.5M-ish contract here soon. And then I get to sell her place for $800-ish too!

I went to Next, one of the best restaurants in the world, on Friday. It was AMAZING. Half the stuff I ate I couldn't even identify, but it was all delicious!

Yesterday after my workout I stopped and finally dropped off the shoe lady's tax info and then came up to TR's. We went to dinner last night, and today I did a little shopping (Kohl's, BB&B, Home Goods) and now I'm just finishing laundry and snacking on stuff I don't need. We put pork chops in the crockpot. The instructions said to just put on the rub and stick them in there on high for 4 hours. No extra liquid whatsoever. I'll be interested to see how these turn out!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! I hope you are having a great day.

Dee Jay, you are alive! Sweet.
Good deal you went to the gym. It is a nice feeling to be sorer from working out Marty told me he was ecstatic I am lifting.
The condo meeting sounds like a lot of fun; nice of that jerk to accuse you of things. We had a coup in the astronomy club one time; some guy from Colorado wanted the editor and president's job and talked 2 of the other board members in to nominating him. He got the job then wanted his wife to do the newsletter; she knew how to use Quicken. He didn't plan anything for the meetings, one time didn't even show up and everyone is looking at us like "what are you going to do about it?" The only reason we were still going is we had the keys to the Botanic Gardens and certainly weren't going to turn them over to him. He completely quit coming to meetings within 4 months.
Good luck with selling your place and it's a good place to be that you don't have to sell it.
i hope your big client signs that big contract soon. that would be awesome.
Next sounds like an interesting restaurant. Marty would love it; I'd be where are the cheeseburgers or tacos? :lol:
Let me know how the pork chops with rub turn out in the crock pot. Marty likes ribs with rub; I like BBQ sauce.

Marty is on his way to DIA right now. He wasn't looking forward to heading back to LA again. He misses having status.
I was going to make a Marcy McMuffin for breakfast today but I couldn't find the Canadian bacon I have in the freezer. So we went and picked up a few egg McMuffins from McD's. For lunch we had Culvers - a nice day for few dishes. i made some blueberry muffins this afternoon and think I'll have a bowl of soup for supper.
My right knee is irritated and won't bend. I am working on it.
I need to pick up the place for the cleaning lady tomorrow.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, LOL on the guy who wanted to be president and then stopped showing up in four months! The pork chops turned out OK, but a little dry. Could be because TR kept opening up the crock pot and looking at them. Dude! The crock pot has a clear glass lid! They look the same with the lid off as on!

I went to bed earlier than TR last night because he was up watching the Oscars. This morning I got ready at his place and drove straight to the parking garage. It's kind of an ongoing experiment to see how long that takes in case my place sells and I end up staying there for a little bit. Surprisingly it went really well, although there are some construction barrels off to the side of the road that I don't remember seeing previously so I hope that doesn't mean they are going to start tearing up the road. Ugh. Chicago road construction sucks!

I just did a quick tall of the training and so far I've done 37 employees and have 45 more to go. Damn -- I thought I was farther along than that!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! It's Slacking Off Day for me. :appl:

Dee Jay, LOL that TR kept looking inside the crock pot. I never open the lid. As far as I'm concerned once I hit start I am done with that until it is time to eat. It does seem like things generate moisture in the crock pot.
Good idea to plan ahead on how long it takes to get to the city from TR's in case your place sells. Good old annoying construction obstacles though. It is getting closer to that season.
You are almost half done with training and darn that it seemed like you should be further along already. Phooey.

The cleaning lady was coming today but I got up at my normal time. She is coming back next week to use Murphy oil on all of our cupboards. They aren't cruddy or anything but that will help them not get that way. Hopefully she won't find any blood on the corner of the cabinet that got me. :lol:

I am meeting a friend for lunch then joining the popular trend of ordering my groceries online and picking them up at the store. Ooh, delivered right to my car. Now that I have tiny muscles maybe I can carry them in with 4 trips instead of 8.

BTW, Marty started growing a beard last fall and he finally shaved it off this past week. I didn't notice until Sunday. I'm observant, eh? But like I told him in my mind I don't picture him with a beard so he just looked normal to me.

Have a fabulous day.
Curby / Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel like I just wrestled a pig. We got our new blankets today so I am washing one and decided to change sheets. I got out our 2nd set of flannel sheets and grunted and huffed and puffed but that fitted sheet was NOT going to fit on our new mattress. In the trash that non-deep pocket sucker went. Then I got out our one and only summer cotton set and put the fitted sheet on the mattress and uttered "oh sheet" when I realized I put it on wrong. Pulled that sucker off and spun it a quarter turn and finally got it on the mattress but since we have plywood under the mattress it is a PITA to get the corners under the mattress. I will have that tall guy with long arms get those corners on next time. I needed to rest after that chore. Who's idea was it anyway to order new blankets?

Curby, sheet wrangler

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, your "wrestling a pig" description made me laugh! That's how I generally feel making the bed, although TR's is worse than mine to wrangle with.

Yesterday a bunch of my training sessions got cancelled and then my boss got all spun up about a project that was put on the back burner so I moved over to that. The good news is I made HUGE headway, and I'm hoping to do as much as I can today so that I'm just in a position of waiting for people to get back to me (which is never my favorite position to be in, but at least I have moved the ball forward on my end!).

I finally have a showing at my house scheduled for tomorrow! I was starting to get worried since the place went on the market last Thursday and no one had asked to see it. Hopefully this weekend will be full up on showings too!

OK, off to keep plowing through this project!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results