Premium
HI:

Rod--healing vibes across the miles.

kind regards--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Rod, I hope the daily shots help you feel better. I’ve been thinking of you and sending you get well dust.

Dee Jay, thanks for the reassurance. I know things will work out fine; I am just slow to change. Your dinner at Ruth Chris’ sounds fabulous. They have one in Denver and we keep talking about trying it. I hope you got your 3 big things done today!

Hi Sharon.

I went to work early and worked until 6 tonight. I stayed to get some things out of my way for tomorrow. Hopefully the rest of the week is not as crazy busy.

Moving to the other company was kind of hectic today. I can’t log in to a few things and of all things they added a “1” to my first name in my email. Color me puzzled on that one. Hopefully they’ll eventually change that.

I stopped at the mall and had supper on the way home. I wasn’t up to cooking or doing dishes when I got home.

Take care.
Curby / Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, Ruth's Chris does a "Filet & Cabernet" special at the bar for $39. It comes with three big shrimp on top, but no sides. So by the time you add in mac 'n' cheese or potatoes, etc., and a SECOND glass of Cabernet that $39 starting price is nothing but a distant memory, but it's still delicious!

Rod, let us know how you're doing today!

Sharon, hello girlfriend!!!

Last night the CB made chicken with mushrooms in cream sauce. :lickout: We've got plenty of leftovers for tonight too.

Today started god awful early... I was wide awake at 4:30 for no good reason whatsoever. The CB made me coffee at 5:00 before he left for work so now I guess I am really up. I have some general cleaning up to do and I'm going with a friend of mine to see the cow bag lady in the afternoon because she wants a tote. I am having a fleeting thought that I might want a black one too but I'm going to do my best to resist!!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, my doctor seems pleased with my progress. I, on the other hand am just tired of still feeling weak and still in pain. The net is, I'm making some progress and feeling a little better. I just want to feel a lot better. Oh well, tomorrow maybe. Oh and my boss is still being somewhat of a prick. I think he realizes he needs me, which is good, but he also really need to know when to stop pushing someone is truly very sick. Sigh.....

Thanks for the well wishes Sharon.

Marcy, I hope the move calms down soon. Major change is never easy.

DeeJay, I'm glad you had a good steak at Ruth Chris. I have to be honest and say we've been to our local RC a few times and I've been pretty disappointed every single time. Maybe they aren't the same throughout the country?

OK, going to bed now. Will check in tomorrow.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, we usually eat at Elway’s or Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steak House when we go out for a nice dinner in Denver. I will definitely make sure to go try Ruth’s Chris sometime soon. You don’t dine at places like that to save money, right?

CB’s chicken and mushrooms in cream sauce sounds fabulous. I had a recipe I used to make frequently like that and served it on rice.

How was cow bag shopping? Did you bring home something new?

Rod, I am glad you are a feeling a little bit better and that’s a good sign your doctor thinks you are showing progress. Maybe you should get a note (of all things) to give your boss. That makes me angry he is being such a butt about you missing work.

Darn that the local RC wasn’t very good. I hate to spend that kind of money for a poor or mediocre dinner.

I hope you are sleeping okay. Feel better, my friend.

I was glad staying late at work last night made my day easier today. I was done with 5 minutes to spare. Woo hoo!

I got home and Marty was still downstairs so I did all the dishes then texted him ha ha dishes are done you have to take me dinner. We went to Perkins – he can eat eggs and meat there. I had a Belgian waffle.

Marty got the key to his business office today. We ran down there after supper for me to see it again. He is going to start working on it tomorrow.

Yeah for tomorrow being Friday.

Take care.
Curby / Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been up all day. That's some progress. I don't have as much pain. I'm still very swollen in a place a man doesn't want to be. I guess I'm getting better, but man oh man, is it ever slow. I had my last shot this morning. The doctor is happy. I just want to feel good again and I guess I just don't.

Poor Charlie, he's getting tired of being a nurse. I made him go to our Friday night sushi and bring me dinner home. We're supposed to have dinner with friends tomorrow night. I don't know if I'll be up to going out or not.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday night kids!

Curby, I successfully resisted buying any new bags yesterday but my friend (aka Sister #1) left with a gorgeous spotted moo!

Rod, I am glad you're feeling a bit better! And if you aren't up to it tomorrow night definitely don't go out! I know you don't need me telling you that but still...

Today I ordered paint for the boathouse (that we'll pick up tomorrow on the way out of town) and then I took a client to see half a dozen things, one of which we're going to go back and view again on Monday -- if it's still available). The CB and I went to dinner at a new place. It was OK, and I would go back, but I wouldn't go out of my way to go back... if that makes any sense. I was going to go to sleep early tonight because we are going in the morning to see a potential boat that the CB is interested in before we continue on to the boathouse (so about an hour and a half of driving, view the boat, and then another hour and a half beyond that one way), but I'm not really tired. Might be due to the giant latte I had with my client at 4 o'clock as we discussed what we had seen today. :lol:

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Morning.......I'm a little better this morning. I slept really well last night. I think I only got up 4 times, compared to about ever 20 minutes ever other night this week. Swelling is down a little. The doctor said it would be very slow to return to normal. And I don't ache this morning. I am weak, of course as I've not been able to exert myself in any way for more than a week now.

I feel I should try to do dinner tonight. It would really mean a lot to Charlie and he's done nothing for a week and half taking care of me. I'll make a final decision on that this afternoon.

Thanks for all the well wishes and PS dist for me to feel better. This has been some illness, that's for sure.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, I am glad you slept better and are feeling slightly better. I hope you do feel up to going out for dinner. Sounds like you both can use a nice distraction.

Be back later. It's moving day!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wasn't up to going out to dinner. Charlie got me some take out Chinese and he made some cabbage and kale soup for himself, which sounded to be honest dreadful to me. Hence the take out for me. He's making homemade sugar cookies, but something didn't measure right, I had to add an extra egg to them, or he wouldn't have been able to roll out the dough. Lord knows how they'll turn out.

We are going to go down to my brothers for dinner tomorrow. It's time I get out of the house and I can just as easily lounge on his couch and watch TV as I can on mine. I said I want to go earlier, so we come home earlier.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, that’s nice you were strong and resisted a new bag, but your friend went home to “spot”. That is what I called my 66 Mustang.

What color paint did you decide on for the boathouse? How exciting to go look at a boat. You guys will be ready for summer!

Sorry that restaurant wasn’t the best. There is one place here we tend to eat at way more than others; it’s always had good food.

Rod, sorry you weren’t up to going out; but when you don’t feel good you just want to be home. Kale soup doesn’t sound good to me either. One of the ladies in the office made herself some kale chips and they stunk so bad we all finally complained about them. I hope the cookies turn out okay. I am making chocolate chip cookies tomorrow for a potluck at work this week. I hope you get another night of rest and your pain continues to be less intense.

Marty got everything moved today. He put the 2 layers of plywood down yesterday; this morning they put down the big, heavy matts and moved all the bars, weights, benches, shelfs, etc. They honestly got more done today than I thought they would. Marty’s sister came to help and one of the guys who has been working out here helped them move. I get so irritated with his friends that he’s helped over the years – they never show up to help him. A friend of mine always has Marty blow out their sprinklers and the sprinklers at their rental. Her husband is always “too busy” at work to do it and they don’t have an air compressor. They didn’t show to help either. I’ll remind him of that when they call him during a snow storm next fall.

I went grocery shopping this morning then went down to check on the progress at KR Strength (Killer Rabbit naturally). I went and picked up sandwiches for all of us at Jimmy John’s. We came home about 4. Marty needs to get a few things at the hardware store then hopefully finish everything tomorrow.

Have a fabulous weekend.
Curby / Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Rod, I hope you are feeling better today and Dee Jay, I will be anxious to hear if you guys bought the boat.

We slept in until almost 8. Wow, what a treat!!!

Marty and his sister went to Lowe's and then went and worked on Marty's office gym. I went down after 1 and we went to lunch. They pretty much have everything done just some cleaning and rearranging things. Marty still have to figure out a way to transition the difference in the floor and the padded floor he added. You don't want anyone tripped as they walk in through the door.

I worked on laundry and made a batch of chocolate chip cookies. We are having a pot luck at the office on Wednesday for the March birthdays.

Have a fabulous day!
Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We went down to my brothers yesterday. He cooked lamb, but to be honest, I didn't much care for it. I like lamb most of the time, but this just didn't have a very good flavor and he cooked it too long on he grill.

I'm at work today. It's quite an adjustment to be at my desk and I have so much work to do. But I am doing a little better, so I'll make it through the day. I'm tired though. I go back to see the doctor Wednesday morning.

That's really about all my news. Can't wait till the day's over and I'm on my way home.

DeeJay, I'm glad you found paint you like. Are you getting that close to painting the new place?

Marcy, it sounds like good progress is being made on Marty's gym. When is he hoping to actually get it in operation?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI Kids!

Rod, I bet it was a very long day for you at work. I hope it didn't wear you out of make you more sore again. Has your boss calmed down about you being out sick?

Marty is meeting with the local business advisors to something like that tomorrow. He needs to figure out what to do about taxes, etc. I told him if he has to file separately he already owe us lots of money. Hopefully he can "open" soon. He is down there now working out and the 2 guys who have been coming here were going to meet him there. There goes my cook on MWF.

Dee Jay, any advice on what Marty should do about taxes? At this point it's a hobby that he hopes to eventually break even or make a profit. Thanks for any suggestions you may have.

Work was slightly less insane than it has been recently. I still can't log in to check my info or sign up for benefits.

Have a great evening.

Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Rod, I'm glad to hear you went to work yesterday because even though it wasn't any fun I'm sure, it at least gave you something to occupy your brain a bit.

Curby, my real estate business is organized as an S Corp. I have to give you/Marty exact advice since there are many things that play into a decision like that, but there are tax advantages to separating your business from your personal stuff. If I recall correctly the deadline to elect S Corp status for a year is April 15 (or perhaps the 18th this year since that's when taxes are due) so Marty should keep that in mind if he is going to go that route because he'll have to do it soon.

Yesterday I took someone to see a unit for the second time and we wrote an offer, which came together last night. I have some skepticism over whether the deal can close based on the buyer's scenario so I told him he has to talk to the mortgage guy again today before I will turn over the earnest money. Fingers crossed because it's really a great place and I would love to see him get it!

Having a productive day despite my nagging sinus headache. Ugh. Spring weather is a killer!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Curby, two more things:

Wen I read the word "hobby" I immediately thought of this IRS guidance: https://www.irs.gov/uac/newsroom/five-basic-tax-tips-about-hobbies

And as for making a profit... I don't think -- according to my accountant -- that my corporation has ever (or will ever!) make a profit, LOL. Last year I made $66K in commission, had $7K in expenses, and somehow LOST $9K according to my tax forms. Us accountants call that "fancy math" LOL. So the key takeaway here is that Marty needs a good accountant. There are things that us mere mortals would never think of but people who do this every day are experts at it. I pay my accountant about $1,200 a year to do my taxes (so around $600 business and $600 personal) and I firmly believe he saves me A LOT more than that!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! :wavey:

Dee Jay, thank you for the advice. I will pass it on to Marty. His visit to the business advisor today wasn’t helpful at all. I am going to look up the name of the accountant I used to do our taxes for the estate and we will go see her for advice.

I hope your sinus headache is better. I am utterly miserable the week or two when everything starts blooming in the spring. I had a really bad food allergy attack on Sunday – from red grapes. Stupid allergies.

I hope your client’s offer gets accepted. It sounds like real estate is picking up here right now.

Rod, I hope you are feeling better today. Good luck at the doctor’s office tomorrow.

We had another day of crazy wind. One of Boeing’s test 767s was doing touch and go’s here today to test flying in high winds. Sad I missed seeing it.

Work was slightly less busy and hectic today. I was able to get in to my info and benefits today so I signed up for my life insurance. I won’t tell Marty he’s my beneficiary. Ha ha. Now I can approve my employee’s timecards. Next I need to figure out how to submit my cell phone expense report.

I took a friend out for lunch today for her birthday. It was $2 margarita day too. Sweet. :naughty:

Have a great evening.
Curby

P.S. I did mail some letters this morning and managed to get through the obstacle course at the post office without taking a chunk out of my wheels. :appl:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy windy Wednesday kids!

Curby, yes, I definitely recommend talking to an accountant about what business organization structure is best. And my client's offer DID get accepted! Fingers crossed for a smooth inspection and attorney review and a successful close!

It's so windy today that I'm popping Dramamine like Pez! I'm on the 56th floor in the corner and this building sways like a ship in a choppy sea. Oy. Where's the puking emoti when you need it?!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A quick check-in from work. I had my follow up appointment this morning. I've been having prostate infection after prostate infection the last couple years. Turns out the antibiotic they thought would help me was completely ineffectual against what I've got. And it turns out it's e-coli. We all have e-coli in our intestines. It's supposed to stay there. Mine decided to wander into my urinary tract and then invade my prostate. It's no wonder the roof caved in on me and I was massively sick. I'm on a different antibiotic now and it does seem to be working, albeit, slowly. I'll be having the reduction surgery in April, and am waiting for the the doctors office to call and schedule it.

That's about all my fun news. At least I'm getting better. S L O W L Y.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod|1488990309|4138021 said:
A quick check-in from work. I had my follow up appointment this morning. I've been having prostate infection after prostate infection the last couple years. Turns out the antibiotic they thought would help me was completely ineffectual against what I've got. And it turns out it's e-coli. We all have e-coli in our intestines. It's supposed to stay there. Mine decided to wander into my urinary tract and then invade my prostate. It's no wonder the roof caved in on me and I was massively sick. I'm on a different antibiotic now and it does seem to be working, albeit, slowly. I'll be having the reduction surgery in April, and am waiting for the the doctors office to call and schedule it.

That's about all my fun news. At least I'm getting better. S L O W L Y.

Oh Rod. No wonder you were sick. Healing vibes....BIG healing vibes your way!

And Marcy FWIW--get a good accountant. No, a great one. Worth their weight in gold.

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I hope everything goes smoothly for you and your client all the way to closing. I can’t imagine how creepy that feels swaying in the wind on the 56th floor. Good thing we don’t go above about 10 floors around here.

Rod, I am glad they figured out what they needed to treat you for and are giving you medicine that is helping. Big hugs to you and feel way better soon.

Sharon, you and Dee Jay have definitely convinced me we should see an accountant.

Work was slightly less crazy today; I at least got most of my work done today for a change. We had a pot luck today in my office but I didn’t eat a lot of it since most of it contained things I can’t eat. Marty’s pink cheese ball was a hit (it has Hungarian paprika in it). I took in some chocolate chip cookies too.

I heated up a bowl of leftover homemade soup for supper. Nothing like homemade soup to warm you up.

Take care.
Curby / Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Rod, I'm glad to hear you are finally on an antibiotic that will help you!

Hi Sharon! Still have that champagne chillin' for ya... :cheeky:

Curby, a pink cheese ball?! Does the paprika change the flavor (much)?

Last night I stayed until about 8 o'clock getting a bunch of work done. I do that every three or four weeks and it's the most productive extra three hours of my month! Tomorrow I've got a virtual tour that is timed just poorly enough that I sure I won't get all my morning stuff done and will end too late for me to do anything productive in the afternoon. Oh well, it is what it is. I'm trying to decide if I should invite the cow bag lady and her boyfriend over for dinner tomorrow night... I mean, I know I *should* but I kind of relish the idea of a quite night, especially since I have an inspection at 9 am on Saturday morning!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Little by little I'm getting better. This is a very slow recovery. Things still hurt, but I'm sleeping better and better able to get through a work day. Which is a good thing as I'm beyond busy. I've gotten in a slew of new requirements from my clients. In fact, I seem to be the only one with new jobs at the moment. At least my boss is happy that I've got so much going on. But it makes for a long hard day when you're still really tired. I just can't wait for the weekend so I can sleep. Really sleep.

The wife of the couple we have dinner with every Friday night called tonight. Her husband is in the hospital and they found out today he has bladder cancer. His mother died of bladder cancer, but that was years ago and treatment is so much better these days. I felt so bad for her as she was telling me about the diagnosis. She's scared, justifiably so. And I'm so concerned for his health.

Please send some PS dust for him if you can.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, the paprika is hot so it makes the cheese kind of spicy. Everyone seems to love it. Sometimes it’s worth it to stay late and get things done at work. Did you end up inviting your friend and her boyfriend over? I tend to avoid late nights if I have early plans the next day.

Rod, sorry you aren’t having a speedy recovery but at least you see some progress. I hope you get to rest and sleep a lot this weekend. That is awesome you have some many clients and new jobs going on at work. I hate to hear about your friend who found out he has bladder cancer. Lots of PS dust coming his way. Give him and his wife a hug for me; I know dealing with cancer is so scary.

I had an email about 4:30 today my pendant has shipped and will arrive tomorrow. Marty has his doctor appointment so I will stay home until he gets back from the doctor. Hopefully the pendant shows up early. I was sad I didn’t get any glam photos and kind of worried they didn’t confirm my mailing address. I am anxious to see it.

I have a weekly lunch date with a friend on Thursday. We usually confirm the place and time first thing in the morning but she never answered me. I sent her a text which she didn’t answer but I still had a calendar appointment from her in my calendar so I headed out to our usual spot. She didn’t show so I sent her a text and drove over to a nearby fast food and got a sandwich. She sent me a text about then that she is in Jackson and thought she cancelled our appointment. I told her I’ll make her pay for standing me up. Lunch wasn’t bad thought because I picked a little table in the corner with the Sun coming in behind me what made my Tiffany band and scattered diamond ering put on a quite a show. Such small things can make me smile.

Marty got his billing working for his gym. He sent me a $50 invoice because he is so “awesome”. I told him wait until he gets my bill!

Have a great evening. Tomorrow is Friday. Sweet.
Curby/Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh la la. Of course I am going to have to wrestle my pendant away from the Killer Rabbit but it is sure pretty. I am very impressed with the performance of the CBI diamond. And wouldn't you know it - the battery on my camera died after about 5 pictures. I got a few with my phone too.

_6566.jpeg

img_4462_2.jpg

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's simply STUNNING Marcy!! Congratulations and may this grace you with health and happiness!!

Thank god it's Friday. I got to work this morning, signed into my computer, it booted up and the power went off for about 1 minute, followed by the fire alarm. We sat outside for 25 minutes while the fire department went through the entire building and then they realized they didn't have the key to turn off the alarm. So we sat out side more. When they finally got it off, we went in to find the electricity was off in our building and every building on our street. I sat there for about 2 hours, when the power company said the power wouldn't be restored till later this afternoon. So they sent us home. I got home, got comfy and got a text that the power was back and I had to get dressed again and go back to work. Agggghhhhhhh.

It was odd going for Sushi tonight without our friends. I did speak with him and he's very uncomfortable and scared. He goes to see the doctor Monday morning for the full results of what they found and to determine the course of treatment he'll have to go through.

Tomorrow, we're going to sleep in and just relax. We are finally going to have the dinner with the friends we were supposed to have dinner with the last three weeks, but we had to keep canceling because I was sick.

Have a great weekend and again Marcy, she's beautiful!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids,

Rod, thank you! I think I’ll enjoy my pendant. I sure can’t get any photos I like today. It was mostly cloudy though.

Rats that you got to go home from work and then had to come back. Our company has enough generator power to run us for over 2 weeks. No luck there!

I am glad you met with your friends for sushi; I feel so bad for them. I hope they feel a little better once they talk to the doctor and get a clearer picture of what treatment he’ll have to go through.

I hope you have a nice time at dinner tonight and get to rest a lot this weekend.

I slept in a bit today. Woo hoo!

After breakfast, we went to our credit union to see about opening a business checking account. Naturally they won’t do it until Marty registers his name with the city (or state) to prove it’s a legit business, I am sure there will be many more obstacles but he’ll get there.

I did house chores and caught up on some programs on DVR. Such excitement!

Have a great day.

Curby / Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

We had a nice day in Denver. We met all of my sister’s family for a Japanese shrimp dinner. It’s an annual fund raising event for a group where my sister lives so we got down every year for that. My sister buys us all tickets so it’s kind of fun to go.

After lunch, my sister and I took off for the jewelry store. I picked a very basic gold bypass swirl ring for the sapphire my sister gave me. While I was there I wanted to check on rubies and peach sapphires just in case they had something I wanted to upgrade. They didn’t have any decent rubies– they were more like “ewe” did you hear what I asked for? Then I asked to see peach or peachy pink sapphires – they had a nice color pear but it wasn’t very big so I thanks but no thanks. I don’t have money to spend on jewelry right now anyway.

Curby / Marcy

img_15591.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Rod, I hope you are feeling better.

Dee Jay, did CB buy that boat? I keep forgetting to ask.

We had a dusting of snow this morning but it melted right away. At least with the time change I can see the sunrise again for a few weeks. It was pretty this morning.

Marty’s 3 Killer Rabbits for his gym showed up today. He took them with him tonight. He signed up for an EIN tonight so now he can get his checking account. He said this weekend he was going to go buy cleaning supplies once he gets his checks – I was going to point out first you need money in the account. I was polite though and kept quiet.

I was good and didn’t eat a single piece of candy today.

I got a few pictures from HPD today of my pendant. I’ll post the one I like the best. Hopefully I’ll have some time and sunlight this weekend so I can get some pictures.

Have a great evening.
Take care.
Curby / Marcy

marcy_0.jpg

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, the jewelry pics are beautiful! At least you're not in the northeast. Some places are going to get nearly 2 feet of snow. It's going to get chilly here, even. Wednesday and Thursday are going to be in the low 60s during the day and the upper 40s at night. Brrrrrrr.

I was feeling better on Saturday, but Sunday, I didn't feel really well at all. I'm better today. But this has been such a slow recovery process. I don't know how long it's going to take before I feel completely normal.

I hated getting up this morning. I simply don't see the need for Daylight Saving Time anymore. And getting up in the dark is just wrong. Wrong, I'm telling you!

Sorry for the short post. We're going to head up to watch some TV in bed and then hopefully I'll sleep through the night.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results