shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread January 5 through 12

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I can''t believe I''m about to say this but I feel like I had a Rod workout this evening. So I technically exercised twice in one day since I went to yoga during lunch, but afterwork I worked out with my co-worker. She was running late so I did my walk/jog routine for 15 min on the TM while I was waiting for her, so in total I exercised for about 1.5 hours this evening. It was a great sweaty workout that I really needed!

My plan for tomorrow is do to 30 min on the elliptical or walking on the TM depending on availability. The gym is more crowded with all those temporary NY resolution people.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.I lost ½ of my 5 pounds by this morning.Woo hoo!I stuck in my calorie range today too.It’s funny yesterday I felt really bloated and uncomfortable; today I felt fine and my clothes were comfortable and fit fine.I think the scale has more impact on me than it should.

Merry, that is awesome you find tracking points something that works for you.I definitely believe you should eat what you want as long as you stick in your point range.

Sweetjetagirl, good for you passing up the chocolates and giving them away.I hope you made it home safely in the bad weather.

Kimi, it sounds like the world is brighter to you today.It is for me too.Yes, we will get those pounds off together.I am going to stick at 1200 calories a day all week which I haven’t done for a few weeks now.

Steph, yeah for getting a deal to join the gym and how fun to go to the gym with your aunt.

Lliang, congratulations for losing 2 pounds.

Lorelei, be careful out on the ice.

Miscka, congratulations for losing another pound.I was thinking pretty much the same things walking down the hall at work tonight.I was behind a couple of people I used to think of as normal size and they seem large to me now yet I am so used to my current size I think I need to lose more weight.It’s a good point that means we are used to where we are but it’s frustrating.

DeeJay, I hope you enjoyed the walk with the dogs.I made it 2 days now eating “normal”.

Julianna, I hope you had a great time with your trainer today.

Appletini, I hope they fix up your car as good as new.Have fun watching the bachelor tonight.

CDNBlingGirl, you are doing great on food and workouts.My Marty’s name is Martin; we go by M&M.Poor little kids really have a hard time differentiating between our names.

Skippy, I am sure your nephew loves hanging out with you.I noticed my knees and feet were a bit irritated today but not bad.I have to find the fine line between pushing myself and babying myself.I am sure mad at myself for falling though.

Panda, I love crock pot meals.They are so easy.Your ribs sound great.

Somethingshiny, I hope you feel better soon.Wii boxing sounds fun.

ILuvEmeralds, yeah for the great workouts.Have fun at the game and worry about getting back on track when you get home.

Have a great evening.

Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey from the Birthday Boy. It was really a pretty regular Tuesday. I went to work early. I worked hard. Our boss was out till late this afternoon, but when she came, she brought a wonderful chocolate cake, so I had to have a piece of my own birthday cake. It was really good, but I had a pretty small piece. I left work at 5:30 and went directly to the gym and had a really long and productive workout. Charlie had picked up a salad for me earlier, so that''s what I had for dinner. I''ll look forward to my lobster dinner on Saturday night.

It''s now after 11 PM and I have to get ready for bed. Thank you all so much for the birthday wishes. I''m sorry I can''t thank everyone individually, but just know your good wishes mean so much to me!!!!
36.gif
35.gif
30.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, I am delighted to hear you had a wonderful birthday including some delicious chocolate cake.
36.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I''m so glad you had a nice birthday Rod! Lobster, yum! Where ya going to eat?

Marcy, I usually don''t let it get too cloudy in my little world. I''ve been skipping my end of the night treat and eating less all day and in a bit I''ll be back where I belong.

J made garlic/potato soup and salad for dinner last night. It was yummy. I''ll go to the gym after work. Have a good one!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Good morning everyone. Well, the sunny weather run we''ve had here lately is over today. It is cloudy and says it is going to storm later. I think today will be a good day to get some cleaning done around the house. Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!

lliang, yeah I am not looking forward to how busy it is going to be at the gym when I go tomorrow. It will probably die down by next month.

Lorelei, sorry you are still having ice...hope it warms up there soon!

Miscka, don''t have an answer for you...I would be happy if I lost a pound at the doctor instead of gained, but I know what you mean.

Merry, sounds like you are doing well...way to go!

DeeJay, I''ve been in the snacking mood too. I try to get a hot tea, gum, or a peppermint to see if the craving goes away and that usually helps.

Julianna, hope you had a great workout with the trainer.

Apple, love the bachelor! Great job on the 2 workouts!

Cdn, great job on the treadmill and Wii Workout!

Skippy, how is babysitting going? Soccer is a great workout. Adam and I take Andrew up to the soccer field in our neighborhood sometimes on the weekend and it works off some major calories!

Panda, I love ribs in the crock pot, so easy and so yummy!

Shiny, oh no..hope you feel better soon!

IluvEmeralds, have fun at the game!

Marcy, yea for the 1/2 pound loss!

Rod, glad you enjoyed your bday cake from the coworkers, that was really sweet...I know they love having you there!

Kimberly, I love potato soup,...might have to pick up the ingredients to make it tonight!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Happy Birthday Rod! And YAY for lobster!!!
party2.gif

ChargerGrrrl - Oy, sorry you ran out of tile! It''ll be SO worth it in the end though!

bobbin - good luck with the detox!
1.gif

merrymunky - I''m still apalled at how much I''d been eating! I''m still not doing 100% perfect - but I''m definitely getting there! The accountability is refreshing!

sweetjetta - I hate gifted food! Good for you for giving it away!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2009 9:21:11 AM
Author: KimberlyH
Good Morning Fantastic Healthy Friends!

Gecko, I''m over my pity party, I think! I''m so glad you''re doing such a great job. It feels good to eat good (shut up inner-curly-haired-workout-guy
2.gif
).
I just snorted coke up my nose. ROFL!!!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I''m missing people here, and I''m sorry! I love you all!
35.gif

Skippy - I''m doing okay! The truffles from christmas are all gone. They''re gone because I ate them, but at least they are gone.
20.gif

Lorelei - My apartment looks weird without all the decorations too!

Lily- your avatar makes me giggle, LOL!

somethingshiny. Oh no! Feel better!
40.gif

ILE - Enjoy the game and just make the best choices you can!

Congrats on the loss Marcy!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Whew. It took me three posts, but I think I caught up! LOL!

I''m changing up my snacks in an attempt to get more bang for my points during the day. But I have to be careful, because if I go home hungry I am an eating MACHINE!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Did a HARD hour on the hampster wheel today. Probably should have done arms too... but I didn''t...
11.gif
I''m sure the PT will take care of that for me tomorrow.

Have to bolt off and do some stuff for my clients (welcome to January in the real estate world, LOL!) but be back later!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone, sorry for my lack of posts. I''m finally starting to feel better and get back into the groove of things. Now SO has it though, and his is a bit worse. UGH. Did anyone watch the biggest loser last night? I did. Tonight I''m planning crunches, squats, and some work with my new weights and my resistance band. I hope everyone has a great day! Sorry for the lack of individual responses.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone!

Thanks so much for the congrats on the 2 lbs lost. Definitely it''s encouragement to keep at it.

I made it to yoga yesterday. My sister and I hit the late class, it goes from 8pm-9:30pm. It was a lot less crowded than the 6PM one. Today we might hit the 4PM class.

But because we did the late class, I didn''t get home till 10:30 because the stupid EL didn''t come. Before I left for yoga, I made 2 sides for dinner for James and told him to make himself a chicken breast. I was fully expecting him to have eaten before I got home, but he didn''t. Then he was kinda miffed at me for not telling him I was taking the EL, and therefore coming home later, and therefore he still hadn''t eaten come 10:30pm. I didn''t want to bother him to pick me up because I figured he''d be studying. *Sigh* Sometimes you just can''t win... Other than that it was a pretty good night.

Rod: Lobster dinner. Yum, yum!! Are you going out for dinner or making lobster @ home? We did a lobster dinner at my house once. It was a lot of fun.
Marcy: Yay! Glad you''re feeling great and you those pesky pounds this morning.
steph: boo on the yucky weather, but yay on making it productive and cleaning the house
DeeJay: I also find myself wanting to snack. For the most part I just grab a glass of water instead, but sometimes it''s pretty hard. I think that was my downfall this summer.
SKippy: Aw, I''m sure your nephew is going to like hanging with you this week. :)
Panda: Yay, crockpot meals! I don''t think I can do ribs because it''s too cold here, but that dinner sure sounded tasty :)
Shiny: Feel better! Great you were on the Wii kick!
Iluv: Go Gators! My brother went there. You should take advantage of the gorgeous S FL weather and swim or jog on the beach or something. Be careful at the game, the Orange Bowl isn''t in the best of neighborhoods. Or that was the case when I used to live there... er, 10 yrs ago. Man, I feel old.
Appletini: Rod workout?!?
6.gif
You''re my hero just like the Super Rod Man. :)

appletini

Ideal_Rock
workout...I walked on the TM for 30 min. Afterwards the boot camp guy was trying to recruit again. He did mention he has a Saturday BC from 7am-10am, so I might consider than in the future when my cake decorating class is over and if I can talk DH into doing it with me--misery loves company.

liang,

It wasn''t as intense as a Rod workout but it was definitely longer than usual.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Woohoo, signed up at the gym. Am going for a nice, long workout tomorrow morning after dropping Andrew off at preschool! I am soooo excited!

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
bobbin - Thank you :D I have had a few attempts at WW. The first was the most successful. I lost almost 2 stone but then lost motivation somehow and put it all back on and more. Silly really. I hope this time is a COMPLETE success.

marcyc - Thank you for the well wishes! I really do hope they fall right off!! I am aiming for 4 stone this year...anything more will be a bonus for me. 4 stone next year too will take me about where I will feel comfortable to maintain. I really need to lose about 9 stone in total but as long as I get these 8 off I will be happy. The WW really is the only thing I have found to be successful so I am to really go for it! I like being able to have small treats each day...a minibag of malteasers or similar. It will really help me to get to grips with my eating habits and learn how to moderate the amount of junk I eat. Much more enjoyable to savour a small treat of something than devour a large amount of jnk and regret it instantly.

IluvEmeralds - The WW tracking is going really well thank you. I was shocked to learn just how many points were in a chicago town individual pizza today. I had one at my mum''s as I had to nip in after work. She had prepared some leeks and potatos etc extra so I could stay and eat with them. They were having salmon and since I am veggie she had nothing else in so I had that thinking it wouldn''t be too bad. Boy was I wrong. I ill not be having those again! Enjoy Miami!

Rod - I am so glad you enjoyed your birthday. I bet the cake was a delicious treat eh?

Steph72276 - Thank you. I am so determined to do this so I stand a chance of starting a family in the next few years. Glad to see you have joined the gym. I need to get back there myself. My membership is still active so I will gradually work it back into my routine in the next few weeks.

geckodani - Oh I know exactly what you mean. I have no one else to blame but myself if I eat something utterly disgusting...like the "small" pizza today. I was shocked to discover it had 12 points!! It was tiny. I was estimating about 7. Goes to show that I need to prepare and plan as much as I can! At least we realise these mistakes eh?

Hope everyone has had a great day. As I say, I have learned my lesson today with the pizza. It didn''t take me over my points limit for the day as I am on a high allowance anyway...but it sure sent me close to the wire. Moe careful preparation tomorrow methinks!

Emma xx

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
OMG! I can hardly walk!!! My calves, gluteus maximus and arms are killing me.
39.gif
Don''t get me wrong, it''s a good pain but it hurts. At least I know I worked those muscles.
Besides the minor pains, I feel good! I have been drinking lots of water. I can pass everything but the little girls room.
9.gif
. I found a new friend - almonds. They are great for snacking. I didn''t think bland plain almonds would be soo good.

marcyc: Congrats on your 1/2lb lost. I like to go by how my clothes fit rather than going by the scale. It''s rather depressing when stepping on the scale. There are days when I want to throw the scale out the window.

Linda: Have you got your Wii yet?

panda08: The back ribs sound delish. I always do my ribs in the oven but I think I will have to try cooking them in the crock pot. Nothing beats back ribs and salad.

somethinghsiny: Hope you are feeling better. Isn''t the boxing fun. My arm is expecially sore from tying to kill the damn bag.

Rod: Good to hear you had a wonderful birthday. Chocolate cake = YUMMY!!
18.gif

lliangchi: Congrats on you 2lbs.

steph72276: Good for you for signing up at the gym.

Sorry if I missed some of you but I need to fuel my body. Hope you all have a fabulous Wednesday!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Hey gangaronni!
35.gif
I suppose my NY''s resolution should be to answer everyone individually, but I would never keep it.
17.gif

I actually have been exercising--after that loooonnnnggg break; and it is as ever. Actually my knee is a scandal--too many squats me thinks.

Hope everyone is AOK!

cheers--Sharon

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2009 10:14:58 AM
Author: geckodani

Gecko, I''m over my pity party, I think! I''m so glad you''re doing such a great job. It feels good to eat good (shut up inner-curly-haired-workout-guy
2.gif
).
Sorry for the hurt nose! My hair is curly, maybe that''s where it came from.

Work, gym, home, hungry. J is in the kitchen cooking eggplant something or other and salad. YUM!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

2.gif
).
HI:

Hope that is Coke (a cola....)
9.gif
3.gif

cheers--Sharon

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.......It was not a good day workwise. A candidate I''ve been working with for over 7 months, who has interviewed for a high level position over these 7 months, who was expecting to get the official offer after these 7 months, won''t be getting the offer, because after these 7 months, the client put the position on hold. I felt so bad for this candidate. He really wanted this job and he put all other companies off in order to get this job. And this all unfolded before 8:30 this morning, pretty much putting me in a rotten mood for the rest of the day. This happens in my line of work for sure. But, after 7 months with this candidate, we''ve become really close. We''ve spoken several times a week, ever week for the entire 7 months. He called me on Christmas and New Years at home to wish us happy holidays. I''ve spoken with his wife and I called him on his birthday to wish him the best. It was just such a disappointment all the way around. OK.....enough of my pity party. I worked hard the rest of the day and didn''t leave work till after 6. Charlie was off today, so he bakes some chicken, with steamed veggies for dinner. Tomorrow''s my usual ''uber'' Thursday with a workout directly after work.

Marcy, I knew the weight would come fast! I think my chocolate caked days are over with till next year''s holiday season!!

Kimberly, we''re going to The Palm, Saturday night for my lobster dinner. I''m glad you''re making progress on the couple pounds from your holiday vacation.

Yay for joining the gym Steph!! I''m glad you''re so excited!! You know how much I love the gym. It''s my salavation and the only place I can go to where the whole world simply disappears and I have no worries!

Thanks gecko!! I had to laugh about how the truffles were gone!!

I''m glad you''re feeling better dragon. I''m sorry SO has it now. I did see a few minutes of Biggest Loser last night, while I ate my salad. Wow, I think this group is the most overweight group yet. They look dangerously overweight. At least this show will help them live longer lives.

lliang, yay for making it to yoga. Sorry it was so late..... We''re going out for lobster for my birthday. We cooked lobster''s at home on Christmas day.

merry, I''m not sure what 2 stone is, but I''m sure that''s a lot. I hope you do well on WW. The cake was a nice treat, but since I lost all my weight and rebuilt myself, cake is an indulgence I rarely get.

Yay for sore muscles Cdn!! It means you made progress!! Keep up the good work!!

OK.....I''ll check in tomorrow night, but it will be short and late. Sleep well everyone!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/7/2009 9:19:18 PM
Author: canuk-gal

2.gif
).
HI:

9.gif
3.gif

cheers--Sharon
I thought it, but you wrote it!! Too funny Sharon!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Evening all; hubby and I had a chicken veggie soup for dinner. I had a busy day, Costco, lunch, watched the nephew this afternoon and then I watch him tomorrow. hopefully tomorrow it will warm up
emhot.gif
for us to go to the park! My sister said my nephew was looking forward to coming over to my house! hehe

Nothing to exciting on my end. Hugs everyone!!!

PANDA, oh no, sorry the dogs snore. Yum your dinner sounds yummy!!! Sounds like you are doing great friend!

SOMETHINGSHINY good to see you back, hope you feel better soon sweetie! Does the Wii fit have boxing? I need to do it again soon!

ILUVEMERALDS, yay for the treadmill and go gators! hehe You will do great, wishing you luck!!!

APPLE, yay for your Rod workout!!!

MARCY, wooo hooo for losing the weight!!!!! Awesome!!!

ROD, yay for your work having a cake for you; i bet everyone loves you, you are a doll!!! Oh I am sorry about the candidate position on hold.

STEPH, I had a cookie; I didn't think about it when hubby gave it to me and half way through it dawned on me. acck! Oh well it was an accident. How are you? Soccer is fun; I think moms get great workouts!!! Yay for Andrew playing soccer! I bet you get a great workout! Yay for signing up for the gym and yay for Andrew going to preschool!

GECKO, hi friend! hehe Yay for the truffles being gone.

DEE, yay for the hampster wheel; you are awesome!

DRAGON, hope you feel better soon friend!

LLIANG, ah thanks friend! Oh no to the El not coming.

MERRY, how are you sweetie? Yay for doing points.

CDNBLINGGAL, yay for the awesome workout!!!

SHARON, hi friend. Oh no, I am sorry about the knee, rest it.

KIMI, hi friend, yay for the gym!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi.I am fading fast.I got paged in to work about midnight and didn’t sleep much after I got home about an hour later.That 6 am alarm rang rather soon after I finally fell asleep.Rats.

Good news though I only have less than a pound to lose to get back to where I was post cookie baking, Christmas eating and New Year’s fun.Woo hoo!We went to supper with friends tonight but I chose wisely and had a small amount of dessert.

Kimi, I don’t usually get down either but this week has been rough for me.It sounds like you are taking care to get back on track too.We’ll be there in no time.

Steph, rats for stormy weather.We are sunny here but had wind gusts in the 60’s here today.It makes it so cold.That is great news that you signed up at the gym.

Thanks Gecko!It’s always a good idea to change food to get the most food for your calories.It’s something I practice a lot too.

DeeJay, glad to hear you are busy with real estate.

Hi Dragonfly.It’s tough to get back on track after the holidays.

Lliang, I am glad you and your sister got to go to the yoga class.Rats for getting home so late.

Appletini, I am looking in to a cake decorating class next month.I think it would be fun.

Merry, I lost about 15 to 20 pounds a month at first then it slowed down.I found it best to work towards small goals since I had so much to lose.I also quickly learned not to set dates but just go for numbers.I am so excited for you.Lean Cuisine has some decent pizza’s but they are probably about 5 points (no sure just guessing).

CDNBlingGal, I hope you aren’t as sore tomorrow.I love almonds for a snack.I had a spell where I was getting run down for lack of protein so I started keeping almonds around.About 5 or 6 pick me up right away and will curb my hunger.Well the scale can by annoying but then again it doesn’t lie.I find it a good way to (or should I say weigh?) to keep myself honest.

Sharon, rats for the knee flaring up.I hope it gets better.

Rod, I am so sorry to hear about your client not getting the job offer.How disappointing for both of you.I was glad to see most of my weight gone already.I don’t know why get so frustrated about it but that is better than not caring.

Hi Skippy, Linda and Lorelei!

See you guys tomorrow.

35.gif

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy, we posted at the same time. I can totally understand why your nephew loves to come spend time with you. I hope it warms up for you tomorrow.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2009 11:11:38 PM
Author: marcyc
Skippy, we posted at the same time. I can totally understand why your nephew loves to come spend time with you. I hope it warms up for you tomorrow.
Ah, thank you friend and sweet dreams, sorry you had to go in at midnight, that is tough!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Everyone
35.gif

Well I am down 2 and a half pounds now. Hooooray. I am sure it is water weight, but Mazie and I have been doing a lot of walking. That little dog sure can pull me. HA!!! She had me jogging tonight, she was ready to take off. It has been cold here, only 50 and that is cold for us.

Pandora: I just received an email that my Wii Fit has been shipped, so hopefully I will receive it next week. I can''t wait.

Skippy: Your soup sounds delicious. I''m glad you had fun with your nephew today, I know you always do
9.gif
. I hope it warms up, so you can go to the park with him.

Marcy: Yay for losing the weight, I knew your would. I hope you get plenty of rest tonight.

Rod: Glad you had a wonderful birthday and enjoyed your chocolate cake.

Have a great evening all.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/7/2009 10:17:01 PM
Author: Rod

2.gif
).
HI:

9.gif
3.gif

cheers--Sharon
ROFL!!!!
9.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hi, friends. On my way to the gym to workout there for the first time. I will post to everyone when I get back!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Quick check in here before I babysit and here is hoping everyone has a fab day!!!!

Linda, that is awesome, yay for 2 1/2 lb loss!

Steph, have a wonderful workout!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/8/2009 5:32:10 AM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 1/7/2009 10:17:01 PM
Author: Rod

2.gif
).
HI:

9.gif
3.gif

cheers--Sharon
ROFL!!!!
9.gif
HI:

9.gif
emthup.gif
...it''s all good!

cheers--Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results