shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread January 5 through 12

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
kimberly, according my wii fit it is normal for our bodies to go up or down 2 lbs everyday so maybe you just weighed yourself on an upswing.

Lor, I haven''t seen snow for awhile. Please be careful! I know what it''s like not to see a difference. It is so hard since we are our own worse critic. What is MaltoMeal?

Miscka, you look tiny! Sorry you are so stressed. That''s the worst. I agree but take some healthy (or healthier) snacks.

Steph, that''s hard but I bet you will drop those 20 lbs fast with all the running you do! Yay for no sugar. How often do you weigh yourself? Maybe you are just retaining water. Are you eating a lot of salt?

Dee*jay, yeah I would ignore his scale too! Haha. That is a big difference but since you always use yours...consistency right?
2.gif
Glad you like your PT. I have never had one. I think I would feel guilty spending the money.

Linda, YAY on losing 2 lbs!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
That is an awesome feeling. Keep up the good work.

Julianna, This thread DOES move fast! Haha.

geck, you are being a good girl!

Skippy, Yay friend! I think every 1lb lost is a celebration! You are going great.

panda, a little soreness always feels good. Good for you!

merry, you can do it!

Cdn, good luck and welcome! You can do it. I personally am a slow and steady girl b/c I am lazy and selfish so I don''t want to give up things like sugar. Haha. BUT if you are motivated you can totally lose 10-15 lbs in a month. Did your wii yell at you for not using it for a long time? Haha.

bee, 4 lbs in 4 days?!? That is crazy! You must be really stricted. Always good to see you.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
DJ, glad your PT session went so well!

Lorelei, you be careful on that slippery ice!

Linda, great job on the 2 lbs!

Julianna, you cracked me up with your post. Thanks for the pep talk!

Gecko, sounds like you are eating really well today. great job!

Skippy, woohoo on the 1 lb. You have to be at your goal by now or close to it right? The last picture I saw of you, you were a skinny minnie!

Panda, love the rock pic in your avitar! Good job on the workout yesterday.

Merry, yea for tracking today. I''m gonna start tracking my food tomorrow...I think it really does help to write it all down.

CdnBlingGal, welcome and you sound like you really have it together...great goals, you can do it!

Bee, great job on the 4 lbs!

Tacori, thanks for the encouragement!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for opening the thread Kimberly. Sorry you're so bummed about two pounds. You know they'll disappear quickly. You hadn't worked out for what? About a week and you ate your way through NY City, so 2 pounds is like nothing.

It was a frustrating day at work. At least I was busy, but it was just frustrating and I couldn't wait for it to end. I left work at 5:30 for a change and met Charlie at favorite sushi place #2 for dinner, which was really good. I stopped off and picked two cups of decaf to bring home and we had a sugar cookie with coffee with Sakai on our shoulders. Tomorrow is actually my 54th Birthday. Charlie's working till 10 PM, so I'm just treating tomorrow like a regualar Tuesday and will go t the gym directly from work. Charlie made a reservation at The Palm for my birthday lobster for Saturday night.

Sorry your stressed Miscka. I know how that goes..........

Steph, I'm sure with all the changes your body has had to go through lately, your weight is just adjusting back to where you where you were. You're doing everything right and I'm sure you're weight will fall in line quickly.

DeeJay, I'm so glad you really enjoyed your PT session. When we used to have money and could afford our trainer, I used to SO look forward to our weekly training sessions.

Julliana, I so understand what you were saying about what we call the "Resolutionists!" The first few weeks in January are so full of the people who made resolutions and they take up all the treadmills and ellipticals at the height of the evening hours. I applaud them for trying. I really do, but the sad truth is that about 99% of them will show up for a couple weeks, then never come back.

Snow Lorelei? Frozen pipes outside? Oh the joys of winter, huh?? Stay warm and safe, OK?

Welcome Cdn.......Your plan sounds great and I'm sure you'll achieve your goals!

Hey Gecko.........

Yay for sore legs Panda. That means you accomplished something!!

Welcome to your first day of tracking Merry! We're all rooting for you and know you will be truly successful!

It's nice to see you bee* And wow for losing 4 pounds in 4 days. But, please don't try to keep losing a pound a day. Remember that a pound is equal to 3200 calories. If you lose a pound of fat, you have to burn 3200 calories. In order to lose a pound a day, you have to be burning more than 3200 calories a day than you're consuming. And that's pretty hard to do. For example, If I were to push as hard as I could on the elliptical for an hour, which means for me going a pretty constant 10 MPH, I'd only burn a little over 600 caliories. Anyway, just want you to be careful and not starving yourself.

Tacori, you're right. It's perfectly normal to go up or down 2 lbs each day. No one should be upset if the scale gods add a couple pounds from one day to the next.

Yay for losing 2 lbs Linda!!! I'm sure you'll have fun with Wii Fit when you get it. Just don't let it lie to you about your age, OK. Rumor around these here parts is they tend to inflate your age.........LOL

And another YAY to Skippy for losing another pound. Thanks for the Kudo's on my not gaining weight, but I didn't actually maintain. I lost a couple pounds!!

OK....enough babbling from me for the night. Have a good Tuesday everyone!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod - happy birthday tomorrow!!!

Are you and Charlie going to The Palm to celebrate?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROD and YIPPPPPEEEEE FOR 2 lbs lost
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
1144968sqp3kc2pis.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Rod, HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you guys have a great night! Thanks also for the encouraging words!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Everyone.
36.gif
I can’t believe we are on page 2 already.We rock!
I stuck to my calories today – woo hoo!It was a good thing too because I finally checked the scale and I am up 5 pounds from before Christmas.I think I was up 3 pounds before the salty food I ate this weekend but I am back on track today.No more mini chocolates for me until I get it back off.
3.gif

Kimi, thanks for starting us off this week.I was going to post something myself when I looked this morning but got sidetracked packing our lunch.Sorry you cried over your 2 pounds, I seriously screamed when I saw my 5 pounds.As you said though it is more important to focus on our health than a number but I was sure frustrated.I hope your day got better.
Lorelei, I was worried about you this morning but it sounds like you had your hands full.I really notice too that once I eat sugar I want more.My clothes are fitting me fine in spite of the 5 pounds but it sure makes me leery of ever really getting away from the scale.Glad to hear you took it easy on the ice, I hate ice because I worry about falling.
Miscka, sorry you are feeling down this morning too.It’s strange you mention feeling fat because once I saw the scale I felt like I was all bloated and puffy.Good luck dealing with the stress at work.
Steph, sorry to hear you had the blues this morning too.It looks like a bad day for a lot of us in HLTland.No worries you’ll get those few pounds off soon and it’s most likely water retention anyway.
DeeJay, glad to hear you loved your PT.I’d go with your scale too.Marty is off to Arizona in about 2 weeks – I will have him look for those tasty cookies.
Linda, congratulations for being down 2 pounds this morning.I hope to see better results tomorrow morning.
Julianna, it is frustrating to not see immediate results.LOL at being gym snobby.
Gecko, it sounds like you are eating right today too.
Skippy, congratulations for losing 1 pound since last week.I found your and Linda’s pounds so that explains a lot. Ha Ha. Oh wait, it was probably the salty fattening food I ate like pizza, brownies, nachos.I hope you have a blast with your nephew this week.Marty is heading to Arizona soon so I’ll send him looking for those ginger cookies.It’s cheaper than the jewelry I usually ask for him to get me.Tee hee.
Panda, good plan to eat at home more. It saves money and calories.We are trying to pack our lunch now for the same reasons.
MerryMunky, congratulations for starting to track your food today. You''ll see those pounds just falling off you.
36.gif

Welcome, Lily!It sounds like you have a great plan – good luck.It’s great to have you join the thread.My husband’s name is Marty too.
Bee, walking up an icy hill doesn’t sound very fun or safe.Glad you made it okay.
Tacori, I have a hard time giving up sugar too.I decided I’d cut out the chocolates (I eat minis usually once a day) but no way am I giving up my slow churned ice cream.
Rod, Happy Birthday!
party2.gif
Sorry to hear your day was so frustrating.
Have a great evening.I am going to do a small amount on the treadmill – I’ll walk till my knee or foot says “Yo!”.
Marcy

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
HAPPY BIRTHDAY FOR TOMORROW ROD
36.gif
36.gif
35.gif
35.gif
. You are still young at 54!!!!!

Sorry your day was so frustrating, but so glad you and Charlie had a wonderful dinner tonight.

Hi Marcy
35.gif
Don''t you worry, the 5 pounds will come right off. The holidays are a nasty time for all of us I think. Just look how far you have come my friend.

See you all tomorrow.

Linda

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Linda for the encouraging words. I know I''ll be fine.
9.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh thanks so much for the birthday wishes everyone! Even though tomorrow''s my official birthday, we''re not celebrating it until Saturday night. And DeeJay, we''re definitely celebrating my birthday at The Palm! They serve Nova Scotian lobster, which is just the best! Tomorrow night, since Charlie''s working, I''m actually just going to the gym.

Marcy, 5 pounds to the Amazing Shrinking Woman, ''ain''t nothing! You''ll get rid of them in no time whatsoever.

Linda, I like to think that 54 isn''t old at all. In fact, I look better today than I did when I was 40. I found a picture of me a few months before Rebuild Rod began and oh my, did I ever look like the Pillsbury Dough Boy. If I were posting from my home PC, instead of my laptop, I''d post it.

Thanks again everyone!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROD!!! I hope you have a wonderful birthday, your plans sound yummy indeed. I love reading your posts, that oak tree always gets me. Hoping 2009 is a great year for you and Charlie.
Cheers,
Lisa

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
It''s a bit after 9p here on the West Coast, so it''s "tomorrow"- Rod''s Brithday! I hope you have a good one.

Nothing new to report with me. I didn''t make it to the gym this morning as i had to stay later to let the workers into our home. Hubby will do his duty tomorrow morning.

Our bathroom remodeling hit a snag- we''re short a couple of tiles! More was ordered today, but won''t be here until Friday. They''re going to finish everything else by Wednesday and then return to complete the last bit of the floor and grout that part. UGH.

I may miss another day or two at the gym this week, because of what''s going on at home. We''ll see...

bobbin

Shiny_Rock
Hello all!

I have been missing from the thread for a few weeks now because of the Christmas rush. I have literally spent 5 nights at home in the last three weeks. My diet over Christmas and New Year was terrible, but SO and I started a detox diet yesterday which we will do for 7-14 days (I have low iron so we may have to break it a bit and introduce red meat again). I have been excercising a lot more though. Every day at the minimum I have been walking Lucy, our puppy, and at least every other day I have also been going to the gym/playing a frisbee tournament/training.

Happy birthday Rod!

Kimberly, Marcyc, Miscka- It can be discouraging to see the extra pounds on the scale, or to feel heavier, but I am sure they will come off in no time flat.

Steph- I think Rod is probably right and your body is still adjusting. Also remember that muscle weighs more than fat, so if you have been excercising a lot and the scales show you have not lost any weight, or indeed have gained weight, it may be that you are losing fat but gaining muscle? I am sure you will lose the weight.

Merrymunky- congrats on starting weightwatchers! I did that for a little while last year and it worked for me, but then dreaded exam time came along..

Chargergirl- Hope what''s happening at home sorts itself out so you can get to the gym!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, I’d love to see your before picture – if you decide you want to post it.The Palm sounds like a great restaurant; I am sure you and Charlie will have a divine birthday dinner there.Thank you for the faith in my abilities to shrink back to where I was.LOL.I will be working on it.
Hi Lisa.
ChargerGirl, Marty remodeled our bathroom and put tile on the floor.It took him over a week to do it but it sure turned out nice.We have enough to do our front bathroom too but he’s not very interested in doing it.It is quite a chore but I am sure you’ll enjoy your new bathroom when it’s done.
Bobbin, good luck with your detox diet.

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Birthday Rod. Hope you have a lovel day!

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. I would reply individually but I am only nipping online to input my breakfast and premade lunch into my tracker before I dash off to get ready for work.

I really do feel more positive about this now I am tracking thoroughly. It''s great to know that I can eat what I want...even some chocolate every day if I count it all and track it honestly. I am usually more aware of what I am eating when I am tracking so I find I eat a lot more healthy foods with just small treats through the day t satisfy me.

sweetjettagirl04

Shiny_Rock
Hello all! Happy Birthday Rod!

Yesterday went well - I was faced with temptation with chocolates (really nice ones) that were left on my desk by a client, but I gave them away quickly and didn''t look back! Other than that, I was happy and satisfied eating what I had, and not hungry at all. I got a moster cup from our cafe here in the building and drank two of them, so that was at least my daily dose of water.

No exercise yesterday, I think I overdid it on Sunday because my legs were extremely sore, but I''m going home early today because of icky weather, so I''ll be stuck in the house and then I''ll work out.
1.gif

Glad to hear of everyone''s successes - and to those that *think* they failed, don''t sweat it. Today''s a new day.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Good Morning Fantastic Healthy Friends!

Lorelei, I''m so glad you''re okay and were just taking down the tree. I hope it''s okay that I jumped in, I know you haven''t minded in the past, but thread opening just sorta seems like your task to do, because you''re so great at it!

Miska, I''m so sorry you''re stressed! I hope that you fnd time for you, both to be healthy and just to relax, during this busy time at work.

Steph, I''m certain it''s not water weight, it''s not working out for 2+ weeks (aside from walking Manhattan) and eating out for something like 8 days straight that did it to me. Thanks for the encouragement.

Dee, I don''t want to give them away, especially not to you after all your hard work! I just want to get back to normal. My jeans are a bit snug in the waist for the first time in something like 2 years. Grrr! The tears are gone, J is on a strict "Healthy cooking only!" regiment and my weight will go back to normal. I''m so glad you love your PT! You''re already looking so fabulous I can only imagine what a toned mama you''re going to turn into after seeing him for a while!

Linda, hooray for weight lost! And great job making small changes (creamer). I''m so excited for you!

Julianna, I hope that everyone who makes a resolution to get to the gym gets there regularly and succeeds, just not during my workout time! I like that it''s nice and quiet. There were a few extra bodies yesterday afternoon, but I''m lucky to be able to sneak my workout in between jobs, so I''m there from 2:30ish to 4:00ish when most are still working.

Gecko, I''m over my pity party, I think! I''m so glad you''re doing such a great job. It feels good to eat good (shut up inner-curly-haired-workout-guy
2.gif
).

Skip I remember that, and I need to do what you did, get over it! I''m there now. I was just having an emotional morning (PMS perhaps? It''s a good place to lay blame).

Panda, good luck cutting back on eating out. You can do it. I''m all(most) better now, thanks for the hug. A coworker attended the Rose Parade, she had a blast, did you have a good walk?

Welcome, CDN, sounds like you''ve got a great plan in place.

Tacori, I so wish that it was only normal fluctuation, but my body doesn''t fluctuate from morning to morning (I weigh at the same time each morning, about 1-2 times a week, used to be every day, and have for years). It really is that I went on vacation and SPLURGED! Back to being good for me! And Maltomeal is so yum. My mom used to wake us up singing "Get on the maltomeal mobile, get on the maltomeal mobile start off every morning with a bowl of maltomeal." Great childhood memory. How are things with you?

Bee, holy cow...I mean skinny girl! Great job! When I first started losing I lost 4-7 pounds a week for about a month, it was a great feeling. When it tapered off I was prepared for it, but just enjoyed big losses while they happened.

Rod, thanks for kind words. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Marcy, we''ll lose the extra weight together!

So I made it to the gym yesterday and ran on the treadmill. Went for a walk with my little buddy. We had broiled swordfish and fruit salad for dinnerer, oh and some sweet peas that a guy at farmer''s market gave John but they were disgusted and we threw them away.

Today is my no workout day. Will be back at it tomorrow.

Have a great day all.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Good morning friends! Well, today I will begin tracking my food again. I think I need to do this for a while to help me get back on track. I am also going to be joining a gym today. I am so excited. They are having a New Year''s special so it is really inexpensive right now. My aunt is a member, so we are going to try to find a few days a week to meet up. I think strength training again will really help. Everyone have a great day!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Good morning HLT''ers!

Sounds like it''s been a busy Monday. I unfortunately spent it doing absolutely NOTHING! Bad, bad, bad. My sister and I planned on hitting bikram but when we got there it was P.A.C.K.E.D! Like sardines. We decided to nix yoga and start hitting the late class for the month of January. I forgot it was resolution season... This passed weekend I jumped on my sister''s scale and it said I lost 2 lbs. :)

Happy Birthday Rob!
36.gif

Lorelei, thanks for the reminder to take down the tree! it''s looking a little weak now... Perhaps this weekend.

Deejay, Rocking the PT! that''s great!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome llaing! I miss my pretty tree....
39.gif

Ice continues, I am wearing my gym shoes outside for extra grip - I can''t workout because it is so cold in our little gym outbuilding and I don''t think the blow heater would even make a dent...

I am going carefully thanks all! The worst thing is staggering with heavy buckets to and from the house with water for the horses, has to be done though!

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone...I feel terrible that I dont have time to write to you all
15.gif
but I am thinking of you and wishing you well!

Quickly...not sure if this is the place to ask this, but I think it is. I went to the MD this morning and I have LOST a pound. This upset me because I FEEL mentally so much like I have gained. I am worried about how to get my mental weight stuff to match real life. Anyone have thoughts on how I can get past this? I know we have talked about how it is a bummer when your lower weights start to not feel skinny anymore, which is a good sign I think that you have kept it off awhile but I just don't want to get upset about it any more. Sorry if this is rambling I am hurrying to get back to work!

ETA thanks everyone for being so sweet about my work situation. Going to the grocery to pick up healthy snacks to get me through! You guys are great.

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Good evening all.

Well I am settling into tracking really well now. I even had 4 chocolates at work...all tracked. What a treat! I have a fair few points left for tea. I am going to make some quorn fillets with lots of veg I think. Nice, warm and hearty!

Lorelei - A silly comment but...Someone is hammering something downstairs, they have been doing some DIY for a dew days npw and the knocking was in time with your Thumper. Amused me no end, as if your avatar was actually thumping that foot of his! Oh dear...I need the funny farm!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

This morning I''m sore in places that surprise me and not as sore as I thought I''d be in other places. Did a gentle hour on the dreadmill and then 30 flights of stairs (only up though, not down).

The hardest thing for me these past few days is to stop all the snacking. Yesterday I was working on something at home for about six hours and I must have gotten up and gone into the kitchen a dozen times looking for "jut a little something." Fortunately I was able to stop myself MOST of the time but geez, I need to get back to normal eating!

I''ve got four big brown eyes looking at me right now in that, "Momma, it''s time for a W-A-L-K sort of way," so off I got. Tail wags all around!

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone for empathizing with my anti-Resolutionist stance.
37.gif
I don't feel as callous now, hee hee. Today is arms and back with the trainer, and, if I'm not mistaken, about 20 miles of lunge-walk-with-medicine-ball. Wooooooo.......oooo....ugh.

Happy birthday, Rod!
emgift.gif
Hope it's been fabulous thus far.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
ring lunch today and will also do a real workout after work today (hopefully with co-worker). Didn''t get a chance to exercise yesterday since I had to take my car to the body shop and get a lovely rental, and then had my peeps over last night to watch the bachelor.

Rod,

Happy Birthday!

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
Man, this thread moves fast!

My first day was yesterday. I was on the treadmill for 30 min using a weight loss module and then I played on the Wii Fit for 36min. My arms are a little sore this morning. I think it was probably from the boxing, which I love! I ate 3 small meals and snacked on some nuts and fruit. It felt really good to be that active again. I spoke to Marty (dh) and I suggested that if I didn''t lose weight at least 10 within the 3 months than I will join up with WW online. The reason would be to get the food/meals in control. He was supportive with that idea.

Tacori: Thank you for the welcome and encouragement. I love sugar. It''s one of my weaknesses thaks to my parents. They owned a mom and pop store so I grew up eating candy. I love sour candies. Thankfully, I didn''t have a whole lot of weight issues when I was a kid.
When I got onto the Wii the first time, it didn''t exactly yell at me. I am sure if it talked, it would have.
9.gif

Steph: Thank you for the welcome.

Rod: Happy Birthday to you! Lobster... yummy. Enjoy and savoir every moment.

Marcyc: I need all the luck and encouragement I can get within this thread. I am glad that I joined. My husband uses Marty as an alias. His real name is Meredith. His parents had a sense of humor.
31.gif

To all: I look forward to getting to know you all better thoughtout my weightloss journey. I apologize if I forgot anyone. Hope you all have a great day and please feel free to call me Lily or Lillian.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Afternoon all; I am babysitting my nephew this week. Right now he is napping so I get a chance to post. We played soccer outside but it is too cold to go to the park; I think it will be a high of 38 degrees? Thurs it should warm up. I need to work out but didn't yesterday. I have been good about watching what I am eating. I made a chicken broccoli last night. I think we will have Pad Thai with veggies tonight.

I also got the new Ellie Keiger cookbook called the Foods we Crave and the recipes look great and healthy, yay; can't wait to try them out!!!
Have a great day all!!!
Thank you for the 1 lb kudos friends!
12.gif

PANDA08, yay for enjoying a walk/jog with you dogs. I love Labs, they are so sweet!
emdog.gif
Yay for getting agood workout and same w/the pooch! hehe Eating in does make it easier to plan for healthy meals, awesome! Thanks!

GECKO, hi friend, thanks for the kudos. How are you?

MERRYMUNKY, yay for using etools to track!!!

CdnBlingGal, I am the same height as you and I agree 135-140 felt good to me. You can do it; looks like a great plan!!!

BEE* wooo hooooo on the 4 lbs lost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
9.gif

JULIANNA, you sound flexible! Woo for yoga; it feels so great huh?! It sounds like you get a tough workout with the trainer, awesome!

TACORI any more fun Wii Fit games? I think I will fire it up tonight for fun! hehe

STEPH, yay for all your runs. How is the sugar thing? I am doing pretty good; I might get my jello a little later. I agree w/Tacori you will lose your weight soon w/all your runs!!

ROD, happy happy happy BIRTHDAY dear friend; hope your work friends treated you right today. xooxoxox
emcake.gif
36.gif

MARCY, you will lose that weight quick; sounds like you are back on track and will lose in no time!! Yay for the treadmill!

Hi Linda, Lor, Kaleigh!

CHARGER, can't wait to see the bathroom! I bet it looks great!

BOBBIN, good to see you again! Yay for walking your pup Lucy, looks adorable in your avatar! Yay for being back!

SWEETJETTAGIRL, I am doing good with my water too, yay for doing awesome!

KIMI, yay you will lose in no time! Hugs, I have those days too and it is nice to have everyone including yourself to listen to me.

LLIANG, yay for yoga. At Weight Watchers it was packed too! I hope my gym isn't too nuts. Yay for 2 lb loss, that is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
9.gif

MISCKA, I hear you on not knowing if you are out of range. I kind of make a mental note of my calories for the day and that best keeps me on track. It is hard though finding that balance but yay for your Lb lost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
9.gif

DEEJAY, yay for talking the pups (your sons) for a walk; I bet they loved it!

APPLE, good to see you had your workout!

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone!

*sigh* was too sleepy last night to get out to the gym. FI''s dogs are visiting and I relented to his requests to let them sleep in our bedroom. They''re good dogs but they snore, walk around and otherwise wake me up in the middle of the night. At least the diet front is going well. Been watching the portions, drinking more water, and loading up on fiber. I made what had the be the easiest dinner on the face of the planet. BBQ''d baby back ribs with a non-mayo coleslaw. I put the ribs, my fave BBQ sauce and onions in a crock pot. Four hours later, voila! I drained all fat and finished them on my new grill pan. It was delish! Exercised portion control and had a really tasty dinner, sans carbs.

Merry, YAY for feeling positive and getting on track with WW!

Lily, welcome! I think your goal sounds reasonable and you have a good plan on how to reach it. Your first days sounds like a success!

Linda, have you received your Wii Fit yet?

Bee, glad you''re doing well and that you lost 4 pounds since New Year''s Day!
36.gif

Steph, don''t worry about the two pounds. Sometimes the number on the scale can be infuriating but if you feel good, that''s what counts! YAY for joining a gym!

Hi Tacori, how are things?

Rod, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Sorry work has been frustrating. Oooh, I''m jealous of your upcoming lobster dinner!

Marcy, YAY for sticking to your calories and for hitting the treadmill! I''m sure those excess pounds from the holidays will soon fall off.

Hi, Lisa!

ChargerGrrl, sorry about your remodeling snag. Hopefully everything will work out soon!

Bobbin, YAY for getting back on the wagon! Your pup is so cute!

SweetJetta, YAY for avoiding the chocolate and guzziing that water! Hope you''re less sore today.

Kim, I''m glad you''re feeling better. YAY for working out; your dinner sounds delish! We had a nice walk around the Rose Bowl. That''s cool that your co-worker braved the crowds to watch the parade.

Lliang, sorry to hear your bikram class was so packed. YAY for 2 pounds gone!
36.gif

Lorelei, ooh, careful with that ice! Sorry your gym is so cold!

Miscka, I''m a bit confused. Are you upset because you feel like your weight is not skinny enough? Even though I care about the number, I try to focus on how my clothes are fitting. If my pants are fitting well, I''m happy, even if the scale suggests otherwise.

DeeJay, YAY for the treadmill and doing 30 flights of stairs! I think snacking is a good thing, so long as you''re eating healthy snacks!

Julianna, have a good workout with your trainer!

Apple, you''re so good about getting in a lunch workout!

Skippy, sounds chilly where you are! YAY for being good about what you''re eating. Oooh, your pad thai sounds tasty!!! Let me know how your new Ellie Krieger cookbook is. I think she''s great. I received the Martha Stewart''s Everyday Food cookbook for Christmas. I''m using it tonight to make a curried carrot soup and lemon parsley pork chops.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Hello, all. I hope all of you are doing well this New year!

I haven''t been posting much because I feel my routine is completely boring. (not much fun for you!) But, in NOT posting, I''ve allowed the boredom to allow me to procrastinate on my exercising. SO, I''m going to try to pop back in and get some motivation!

I''ve got the Sickness now. coughing, runny nose, fever, achy, (maybe I should get some Nyquil since I just sounded like the commercial!)

Anyway, before the sickness hit, I was on a Wii kick. I boxed myself sore! DH keeps telling me you don''t have to hit as hard as you would if there was a REAL person, but I still pummel the air.

Have a great tomorrow, all!

IluvEmeralds

Shiny_Rock

Dang! This thread moves FAST!! I''m so impressed to see all the positive comments everyone has made!!

DJ- Great job w. the PT I feel ya on the scale issue. Me and mine have a daily battle I swear!!

ROD- Happy Birthday!!

Lorelei- Hope you stayed safe on the ice...it can be really scary!

Chargergirl- Hope your remodeling project is getting better, and that you are back to your normal schedule

Merrymunkey- How''s WW going for ya??

Jettagirl- I hope your soreness is better I know it sucks, but its a sign that the exercise is WORKING for ya!!

Skippy- Yay for lbs lost!! Keep it up girl!! :) :)

Welcome CDN and all other newcomers!

As for me its been a crazy beginning to the week. I''ve been on the treadmill both today and yesterday @ 5am and so far am sticking to my plan. My only worry is that tomorrow my FI and I are leaving for Miami and the National Championship Game. (GO GATORS!!)
36.gif
It was our big Christmas gift to each other. I''m super excited but I''m very worried that I''m going to gain weight in the next couple of days. Then again I don''t want to spend the next two days worried about it. My plan is to work out tomorrow before we leave, and Thursday morning before we go to the game. Also I''ll work out when we get back.
HOPEFULLY it''s not going to derail my plans too much...wish me luck ladies. and GO GATORS!! I''ll be back on the board this weekend. ''till then...have a great week ladies.

:)ILE

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results