shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 2nd Feb till 8th Feb

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Howdy ya''ll!
35.gif

Finally made it to the pool this morning--ran for an hour against the "wave" what a workout! My legs were "buzzing" when I got out.......

Not much else to report...not getting the snow predicted; good. But it is windy out there....

cheers--Sharon

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids! Can''t remember if I posted yesterday or not but I my usual Thursday morning PT session. I really didn''t think it was that hard... until I got out of bed THIS morning, LOL. My butt is sore! That IS what I''m paying for though, right? I just did an easy hour on the dreadmill this morning.

Oh, and in case anyone is interested I got divorced on Tuesday. Now before everyone gets all verklempt and throws me a pity party let me just say right up front everything is OK. I love Bill to death, we just don''t want to be married to each other any more. I''m sure that sounds crazy, and there is no way I could every adequately explain this though a forum post, but trust me, we''re good. TOTALLY amicable. We''re going to keep living in the house together until it sells, and we''re cranking along just fine.

Hmm... trying to see if I have anything else exciting to report, but that''s about it right now, LOL!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dee: I am very sorry to hear this. I just want to say that I wish you and Bill the best.

Love, Linda

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Hello HLTers!

I've been MIA this week. There's really no excuse, i've just been too lazy to post! But i'm still plugging away at the workouts and healthy eating this week. Things have been mostly on par. Weigh-in was on Tuesday and I lost a pound. ugh...

BC was cancelled this morning due to the storm that's hit us. It's rained steadily since yesterday morning, and it should continue until tomorrow.

I hit the gym this morning to get in some running before the run on Sunday: I can't believe that i've agreed to do a 5k! I'm excited but scared. Although i don't like to use food as a goal reward, i'm doing it this time as the race is in Chinatown http://www.firecracker10k.org/ and we'll be going for Dim Sum afterwards.

DeeJay- I'm sorry to hear your news. It sounds like it's for the best, but please take care of yourself!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Linda, aren't you a sweetie! Thank you, I do appreciate it. Seriously though, we're all good. I'm actually hoping he gets done with his class at the gym early tonight to we can go to our favorite Italian restaurant because I'm starving! The running joke with the people who know us in person is that we're having a better divorce than most people's marriages.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Charger, we must have been posting at the same time -- thank you!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hi all. My computer is at the computer doctor getting surgery.

I''m still here and working out. Going on a walk with a friend this afternoon.

Have a good one. Hopefully my computer will be back and healthy on Monday.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all, tomorrow is hubby's birthday so I went and got him See's candy, some bathroom rugs for his bathroom (I know soooooo romantic), hehe and he already got the Nikon D90 for the holiday/birthday. I wanted to plan his birthday so we are going to lunch with my family but he said lets just wing it tomorrow (I am such a planner so this is killing me).
face20.gif
I said okay and so plans are up in the air the rest of the day.
2.gif

I am so sleepy today; my allergies were going nuts so I had to take benadryl so i doubt I will workout because I am actually having a hard time staying awake. Oh and to top it off I went to Costco and had 1/2 a churro and 1/2 slice of pizza; it will be a light dinner for sure!

Have a great weekend all
41.gif

STEPH, wooo hoo to the 7 lbs and iches, that is awesome woman!
36.gif
36.gif

TACORI, yay for a highly choreographed classes, it is so good for the mind and the body, you rock woman!

ROD, hope the Gasparilla isn't too nutty. How fun! Yay for 70 degree weather!!!

MARCY, I hope you slept Marcy. hugs (((())))

Canuk, yay for swimming.

DEEJAY, huge hugs friend!!!!

LINDA, hugs!

CHARGER, yay for the workouts and a lb lost, YAY!!!
36.gif

KIMI, sorry about the computer!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Marcy, hope your hubby is feeling okay! Sounds like a tough guy! I bet you will catch onto the cake thing faster than you think!

Dee*Jay, I am so sorry to hear this. Sounds like it was the best decision and that is AWESOME you are still friends.

CG, I think a lb is great! Good for you!

kimberly, sucks when you have computer problems! I KNOW! Hope it is fixed soon.

Skippy, happy birthday to Mr Skip! I am SO sore today. I think that was the hardest workout I have EVER had! Haha.

Sharon, that sounds tough!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
TACORI, Mr. Skippers says thank you! Yay for being sore; that means you had an UBER workout, Wooohooo Tacori!
36.gif
How many days have you been to the gym this week? like 5? Awesome!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.......It was a long day at work as usual. Everyone left at 5, but I still had much to do, so I didn''t leave till after 6. Kind of yuck for a Friday, but at least I''m busy. I made it to meet Charlie at favorite sushi place #1 just past 6:30 and we had a terrific meal. He has to be at work tomorrow morning at 8 AM. I''m going to sleep until I just can''t sleep any longer. The parade will just be ending when Charlie get''s off tomorrow night. It''ll take him forever to fight trafic to get home and we''ll just have to walk somewhere for dinner nearvby. There is a Sbucks within walking distance, so that''s a good thing! I won''t go to the gym tomorrow because it''s closing at 2 PM for the Gasparilla invasion/parade/party. So, I''ll just make sure I go Sunday.

I''m sorry you only got about 3 hours sleep Marcy. That happens to me too often these days and the day after is just miserable. I''m glad Marty''s back isn''t too sore.

Good for you going to the pool Sharon. And in cold weather to boot!!

DeeJay, you know my thoughts are with you. I''ll miss havingyou both come done for he annual family trip next fall.

Hey there Linda!!

I''m sorryt BC was cancelled due to bad weather Charger, but I''m glad to see you went the gym regardless!

Ugh, a computer virus can be such a pain kimberly. I somehow managed to admit one to my laptop about a week ago and it was causing me all sorts of operating failre. I was going to take it the doctor, but then I remembered I paid for a "spy sweeper" to isolate and destroy bad things. Fortunately for me it worked really well and the virus was zapped into the nano-sphere!

Oh Skippy, I''m jealous of hubby''s D90. I have the D70 and do love it, but the D90 does soooo much more. Please wish him a happy birthday from me and I hope you guys have a great day of celebration!

Yay for being sore Tacori!!

See you all tomorrow. Have a great Saturday!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I did my 30 min walk/jog routine yesterday morning and today my BFF and I went on a 4 mille walk around Rice. Its a beautiful day!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I''m still working on myself. Six pounds lost and have reached a plateau. But I refuse to be discouraged!

The jeans I bought for our October vacation are decidedly loose in the waist!
36.gif

Why is it easier, and so much more fun, to put those pounds on than to take them off? I don''t know how these actors go up and down the scale based on their latest movie role. After awhile, wouldn''t you think they might choose the cheeseburger over the vegan at the catering truck??
9.gif

Why are all the comfort foods, the best thing about winter BTW, rich in fat and calories? There are a few exceptions: Laughing Cow cheese (yum), Jello Sugar-Free Pudding (dessert!), and Lean Cuisine Spaghetti (after all, it is Stouffer''s).

We (DH and I) did cave last night. There is a new KFC in our neighborhood; the only consolation (or rationalization, depending on your POV) is that the slaw and mashed tater sides are a whole lot smaller in volumn these days. Inflation?

I confess, I''ve had some Mexican too; but not refried beans or sopapillas.
11.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids! Did 20 mins on the hampster wheel this morning, then moved over to the dreadmill for 45 mins.

Last night the XHH and I went to our favorite Italian restaurant. It was a surprisingly disappointing experience. I don''t love their new version of octopus salad and I got the risotto rather than my usual pasta and that didn''t really thrill me either. Oh well, hopefully it will be better next time. And tonight I''m going to a dinner party in my complex, so that should be fun.

Not much more excitement to report, just doing yet another round of closet cleaning. Pretty soon I''m going to have exactly one outfit that I can wear, LOL. At least that will cut down on the time it takes me to get ready in the morning!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee, I am also sorry to hear this news but I wish you and Bill both the best for the future!!!
35.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/7/2009 2:43:07 PM
Author: HollyS
I''m still working on myself. Six pounds lost and have reached a plateau. But I refuse to be discouraged!

The jeans I bought for our October vacation are decidedly loose in the waist!
36.gif

Why is it easier, and so much more fun, to put those pounds on than to take them off? I don''t know how these actors go up and down the scale based on their latest movie role. After awhile, wouldn''t you think they might choose the cheeseburger over the vegan at the catering truck??
9.gif

Why are all the comfort foods, the best thing about winter BTW, rich in fat and calories? There are a few exceptions: Laughing Cow cheese (yum), Jello Sugar-Free Pudding (dessert!), and Lean Cuisine Spaghetti (after all, it is Stouffer''s).

We (DH and I) did cave last night. There is a new KFC in our neighborhood; the only consolation (or rationalization, depending on your POV) is that the slaw and mashed tater sides are a whole lot smaller in volumn these days. Inflation?

I confess, I''ve had some Mexican too; but not refried beans or sopapillas.
11.gif
Keep going Holly, the plateau will soon go on its merry way and things will start shifting again - keep at it!!! CONGRATS on the 6 pounds!!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy birthday Mr Skippy!

My calves STILL hurt from Cardio Funk but I took Tessa on a walk anyways. It *finally* has gotten warmer even if it is temporary.

Skippy, I only went to the gym 4 times this week. Once last week. Hopefully I can get there tomorrow but I might need to walk with T instead. DH is working ALL weekend and they don''t have child watch on the weekends.

Rod, hope you enjoyed sleeping in! I love sleep and miss it! Have a great day off.

Holly, 6 lbs is AWESOME!
36.gif
Is does slow but I know you can break the plateau!!! It is okay to indulge some (IMHO). Otherwise I would have given up a LONG time ago! Usually you can find a lower fat version of your favorite dishes.

Dee*Jay sorry dinner was disappointed. I hate it when that happens. Have fun tonight!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/7/2009 4:02:59 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Happy birthday Mr Skippy!

My calves STILL hurt from Cardio Funk but I took Tessa on a walk anyways. It *finally* has gotten warmer even if it is temporary.

Skippy, I only went to the gym 4 times this week. Once last week. Hopefully I can get there tomorrow but I might need to walk with T instead. DH is working ALL weekend and they don''t have child watch on the weekends.

Rod, hope you enjoyed sleeping in! I love sleep and miss it! Have a great day off.

Holly, 6 lbs is AWESOME!
36.gif
Is does slow but I know you can break the plateau!!! It is okay to indulge some (IMHO). Otherwise I would have given up a LONG time ago! Usually you can find a lower fat version of your favorite dishes.

Dee*Jay sorry dinner was disappointed. I hate it when that happens. Have fun tonight!
Tac, you are doing great with your working out - kudos to you!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lor, thanks! I think working out may be the only way b/c I cannot diet (completely) Haha! As I am sitting here craving ice cream.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/7/2009 4:17:43 PM
Lor, thanks! I think working out may be the only way b/c I cannot diet (completely) Haha! As I am sitting here craving ice cream.
LOL!!! Speaking of ice cream, I had a rather well known brand of cherry icecream earlier and it was horrible
emotion-41.gif
I couldn't eat it and thats unheard of with my sweet tooth....
23.gif

Keep going with the working out - you are doing great!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2009 4:23:45 PM
Author: Lorelei
Date: 2/7/2009 4:17:43 PM

LOL!!! Speaking of ice cream, I had a rather well known brand of cherry icecream earlier and it was horrible
emotion-41.gif
I couldn''t eat it and thats unheard of with my sweet tooth....
23.gif

Keep going with the working out - you are doing great!!!

Oh no! Guess that was good though! I just had a *small* bowl.
11.gif
BTW DH is so proud of me. He knows working out does NOT come natural to me but it isn''t like I am curing cancer
2.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Back from a 4 mile walk. hubby went biking and I walked with my cousin. Earlier we went and ate Greek with my family and the restaurant was super sweet and had baklava platter
3.gif
set up for hubby's birthday.
12.gif
hehe Hubby loved the bathrugs and See's candy. Not sure what we are doing tonight but what ever the birthday boy wishes to do
9.gif
emotion-19.gif

TACORI, you have to be the sweetest ever, your bolded Mr. Skipper bday made me smile; I will for sure let him know! You deserve a little bowl of ice cream friend! YOU HAVE DONE SO AWESOME with your workouts woman!!!!
36.gif
yay to your dh being proud too; I am proud of you too friend!!!

ROD, I bet your camera is fabulous; all those Nikons are awesome!! Tacori has a Nikon too. hehe Hope your day was fab and thanks for the Mr. Skip bday wishes, I will pass them along. hehe Stay warm!!

APPLE, woo for your walk jog, 4 mi is awesome!!

HOLLY, hang in there and wooo hoooo for 6 lbs, look at you woman, that is fabulous!!! Keep up the great work
36.gif
Have you tried the Healthy Choice Steamers? Those are delicccccious!

DEEJAY yay for the workout on the hampster wheel and dreadmill!!!! thinking of you sugar and sending you a hug.

LORELEI, hi friend, ick to icky ice cream, bummer.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey........I slept last night. Really slept. The only reason I was up at 9 this morning was because a neighbor who was going out of town this morning, called to say he wasn''t feeling well and wasn''t leaving till tomorrow. When he and his wife go away, was take care of their cat Miss Monique. Miss Monique is hugely obese, but super sweet. At least I was able to sleep till 9. I don''t even remember Charlie leaving this morning. He had to be at work by 8. Today was Gasparilla bedlam. I tried to time leaving the condo well before the parade began and coming home long before it was over, but traffic was pure gridlock. Panera and Sbucks under the oak are less than 3 miles at most from our condo, yet it took me 45 minutes to get there. Once there, it was certainly amusing. THey''re on a route that thousands of parade goers would walk by to get to the festivities and the costumes, drunkeness, pure baudry, was just funny. I saw people throwing up, and an overly liberal attitude from the clearly young crowd. Estimates are there were nearly 400,000 people who attended and the weather couldn''t have been better if it tried. There was no way we would be able to head out to dinner tonight, so I stopped off at Fresh Market and bought some jumbo lump crab meat and we had crab cakes, fresh silver queen corn and asparagas for dinner at home. Charlie got off at 5, and he too was only about 3 miles from home, but it took him over an hour to get home. I finally slipped out a little while ago to get us both a cup of decaf and the roads are still jammed iwth people trying to get home. Plus those who are walking are still pretty drunk. At least it''s over for another year! Charlie''s working tomorrow till 11 PM, so I''ll just have a gym afternoon on my own.

Holly, 6 pounds is terrific. We ALL plateau. This too shall pass. Just keep up the good work and your body will fall in line.

I''m sorry dinner was a disappointment DeeJay. Not too long ago we went to a restaurant we used to love and it wasn''t good at all. When a restaurant goes bad, it''s usually because management has lost interest.

Tacori, 4 times at the gym is terrific. I used to go 5 times a week and found it counter-productive. Now, I usually go 4 times a week and some weeks 3 times and actually have accomplished more. I bet with Tessa, you do miss sleep.

I''m sorry the ice cream wasn''t good Lorelei. We''ve kind of lost out taste for ice cream altogether. I hope it''s warme up a bit over there......

Sounds like a great lunch for hubby''s birthday Skippy! I love my Nikon, but am still a bit jealous over hubby''s D90!! I hope you and hubby had a great birthday dinner tonight. It did warm up today to the low 70s!!

I hope everyone had a good Saturday and you have a great Sunday!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.I bet you all thought I’ve been missing in Prisescope land because I was out decorating my cakes and eating them too.WRONG!

Friday night started badly for me; I broke off part of a tooth.It’s pretty jagged so my tongue is getting pretty sore.We met about 40 people from work at a bar for a going away party for a guy at work.This bar was one of my hangouts in my party days.A friend of mine’s husband is the manager there and she was there with some friends so we caught up with each other.She was telling her friends about me and I have a collage photo I carry around with about 25 photos of me along the way so I showed that to them and they really freaked out.They all said it was very hard to believe I used to be that heavy.That made my day.

Tonight we went to a party for a guy from work that is recovering from heart surgery.When we got home I made my first cake to decorate.It’s in the freezer now until Tuesday.I got on the computer and checked Sparkpeople first and I guess I was listed as the motivator of the day.Sadly it was after midnight ET so I didn’t get to see it.Anyway, I had about 150 emails, notes and comments on my page to answer.That kept me busy.

Appletine, I am going to give away all the cakes.If I never cut in to them; I won’t eat anything.

Sharon, glad to hear you didn’t get the snow.

DeeJay, sorry to hear your news but it sounds like you are both okay and doing fine.Too bad the restaurant was not up to your expectations.

ChargerGirl, I heard there was quite a bit of rain in California.Good luck on the 5K next weekend.

Kimi, I hope they get your computer fixed.

Skippy, tell Mr Skippy happy birthday for me.Sorry to hear your allergies are acting up already.

Tacori, I hope you get over being sore soon.

Holly, congratulations on losing 6 pounds.

Lorelei, how disappointing about the ice cream.I eat a lot of the slow churned ice cream.

Rod, I am glad you slept well last night. I hope you and Charlie managed to avoid all the traffic and drunks from the parade.I hope you have a relaxing weekend.

Take care.It’s 2 hours past my bedtime.

Laters,
35.gif

Marcy

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone!

I haven''t been here over the past week and it looks like I have a lot of reading to do to catch up.

Random question -- how do you get over throwing yourself a pity party? I''ve had the blues for a while now and I can''t shake it (that''s why I haven''t posted this week). Exercise and eating healthy isn''t helping, although it''s nice to notice that the numbers are coming down (SLOWLY) on my scale. I feel so self-centered these days and I''m not usually like that. My thoughts are comsumed with how this financial crisis we''re in is affecting my husband and me. I hate perseverating on things, and unfortunately, I have a tendency to do it if I''m not in control of a situation.

Sorry to vent!

On another note -- I went to the nutritionist on Tuesday and she loved the food diary I gave her. She was asking all kinds of questions about my husband''s database, which made me happy. When he worked at the hospital he created the DB for, he was asked about trying to market it and sell it to other hospitals, etc. He never did though. Bummer. Now that there are free sites out there like Sparkpeople, etc. out there, I''m not sure it would be in demand, but it was nice to hear a few compliments on something my husband worked hard at creating. The nutritionist said that I was continuing to make progress, and she altered my daily calories to 1300-1500 calories. Overall, she seemed pretty pleased.

Nothing else new to report. I''ve got to work on report cards now. Fun fun! Have a good Sunday everyone!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
MM -- a HUGE congrats to you for continuing to lose weight!

Gecko -- I hope you''re feeling better after what you went through earlier this week.

Steph -- my husband LOVES the Cheesecake Factory! Thank goodness the closest one is 45 minutes away!

Tacori -- I was reading your post in the mommies thread about the drop off child care place. If it would help give you some "me" time and you trust the sitters of course, I''d say it''s worth it. I know you''ve tried Zumba, too, and I''ve heard it''s a great workout. My mom does it occasionally and it sounds like fun.

Appletini -- pomegranite shish kebobs sound yummy! I''ll have to remember this recipe. I bet you could substitute chicken for the sirloin and it would be just as good.

Dragon -- I''m always impressed with your workout regimine!

Lliang -- your winter wonton-a-thon sounds like fun! What did you stuff them with?

Marcy -- I hope Marty feels better soon!

Dee Jay -- I''m sorry that things haven''t worked out well with Bill, but I''ve known others who have divorced and remain best friends. I wish you both all the best. It sounds like you''re doing well.

Hi Skippy, Lorelei, Kim and anyone else I may have missed.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy, we all deserve some ice cream now and again huh?

Rod, my goal is 4-5 times which is something I have never done (keep in mind). I am hoping that in a few months I will lose that last stubborn lbs. Right? I do miss sleep. I do nap during her morning nap b/c otherwise I just cannot get through the day.

marcy, I am so sorry to hear about your tooth! What a PITA!!! Yay on the positive comments and being featured on Spark! You should be very proud of yourself!!!

Zoe, I wondered where you were! Sorry progress is moving slow. I totally KNOW what that feels like. That is awesome that eating wise you are on the right track. You will get there. The child watch is great but they will come and get me if she cannot be calmed (which makes it stressful for me). Also the hours are not ideal for me but I will take advantage of it!

Not much new with me. We will go for a walk when T wakes up. She hasn''t been feeling good so she has been taking LOOOONG naps! I am not complaining about that part! Gives me more PS time
27.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tacori -- thanks for the encouragement! It means a lot.

I''ve been multi-tasking today: do a few report cards, clean a little, pack a few boxes, and repeat. Some days I feel like I have ADD because it''s hard to focus on just one thing, but I guess it''s a good thing if I''m being productive.
9.gif

Hey Tacori -- I just remembered that you and your husband are in the real estate business. We are looking at potentially having to try to sell our condo within the next few months if my husband doesn''t find a job soon. That''s why I''ve started to pack away things I know we don''t need at the moment. My salary alone isn''t going to cut it, unfortunately, once his unemployment runs out. eeek! I''m afraid that a) our condo won''t sell because I know how hard it can be to sell this type of property, and b) if we were able to sell, we won''t get much for it because of this awful market. We could try to rent it out but we''re not crazy about becoming landlords and we know we wouldn''t get the equivalent of our monthly mortgage payments. Do you have any suggestions? We feel stuck here, but we''re not sure what to do. We''re going to contact our mortgage broker and see what options are available to us. I just thought I''d ask because you seem knowledgeable about this area. Sorry for rambling!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hi all. Still have a broken computer, am sitting in Kinkos beacause I have to write a report for the socialization prgram, but my manager didn''t send me the info I need to create the report.

Went for a walk today. Weight is down to 127. Not much else to report.

Zoe, this has been a difficult year for a lot of people and I''m sorry you''re struggling with it. My husband has been as well, and I finally came to the conclusion that it''s perfectly normal to be sad, scared, angry, etc. about what is going on, especially for those of us who have been fiscally responsible but are still feeling the backlash. Keep focusing on good things you can control and accept that it''s okay to be angry about what is going on. It''s a normal, healthy emotion.

Have a great day everyone.

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Healthy guy #2 stopping by to say hello.

It hit a mild 50 degrees here today in the Boston area...a welcome change!

Third week of boxing/Brazilian Jujitsu starts tomorrow. I feel great and

it''s a blast learning new defensive moves and getting a great workout at

the same time. Even after 2 years of training, you never stop learning. There''s a woman''s kick boxing class before my training session

and I would not want to get some of these wonder women upset. I''m sure

their "significant others" are very respectful of their abilities.

Have a great week everyone and keep on TRACKin.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results