shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 29th Dec till 4th Jan

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Hello HLTers!

I''ve been MIA since NYE since I really haven''t had any news to report. I''ve been slacking on the activity side and the eating hasn''t been very good. We''re still in Holiday mode, getting together with friends and just hanging out. It''s NFL playoff season time, which is always exciting!

But i''m back on the wagon beginning tomorrow- i have a date with a treadmill at the gym for 6:30a and i''m looking forward to it. I will also weigh myself and i''m curious to see what the scale will be registering. I was down a total of 17 lbs at my last weigh-in a week or so ago.

I''m off in a bit to do some grocery shopping so that I''m all set with lunches for the week. And i need to do laundry and sort out my workout gear.

Welcome to the new posters- it''s nice to see you here!

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/4/2009 1:33:18 PM
Author: ChargerGrrl
Hello HLTers!

I''ve been MIA since NYE since I really haven''t had any news to report. I''ve been slacking on the activity side and the eating hasn''t been very good. We''re still in Holiday mode, getting together with friends and just hanging out. It''s NFL playoff season time, which is always exciting!

But i''m back on the wagon beginning tomorrow- i have a date with a treadmill at the gym for 6:30a and i''m looking forward to it. I will also weigh myself and i''m curious to see what the scale will be registering. I was down a total of 17 lbs at my last weigh-in a week or so ago.

I''m off in a bit to do some grocery shopping so that I''m all set with lunches for the week. And i need to do laundry and sort out my workout gear.

Welcome to the new posters- it''s nice to see you here!

But you''re here, with an action plan. Like you, I stocked up today for the coming week and I intend to make a real go of it from tomorrow. Hope you have a successful week.
1.gif

sweetjettagirl04

Shiny_Rock
steph, marcy, rod, skippy - Thanks for the warm welcome! I''m looking forward to getting to know all of you better!

So, this morning, i made my grocery list and figured out each dinner I''m making this week and the points associated with each, so I''m ready! Went to the store hungry because I ate breakfast early - but I didn''t buy anything that wasn''t on the list, woo hoo! Breakfast, lunches, dinners, and snacks are all planned and within my range for the day.

Last night FI came home and told me that he''s going to start working out with me, and he''s serious about losing some weight so he feels better and looks better for the wedding. I''m so excited that he''s pumped about this too! He must have made that NY resolution as well as cleaning up around here more, because there hasn''t been a dish in the sink or anything out of place for the past few days - and he turned down the bed for me last night before I went to sleep! I can really get used to this!
31.gif

Skippy - my FMIL got me the WW all time favorites cookbook last year for Christmas because I liked hers so much, and I love it!

Thanks again for the welcome, and I look forward to getting healthier with you all!

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
sweetjettagirl04 - Hi! You could have taken a lot of that straight from my own mouth! Doing the grocery shopping with the meals and points worked out beforehand is something I have found to be a big help!

Glad you have joined us!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome SweetJettagirl!
35.gif

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Well it looks as though I''ll be getting some exercise by default for a while. I get a lft to work with a colleague who lives in the next street. She does respite care as a sideline and has been offered some morning work as one of the mothers she helps has broken her foot and needs assistance temporarily. So I will be having to walk down to this lady''s house in the mornings to meet hr after she finishes instead of being picked up here as usual. It''s about 15-20 minutes away deoending how quickly I walk and how long my back lasts out on me!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hi All,

Spent 30 mins on the elliptical today, not long enough, but better than nothing. We''re going out for the afternoon/evening to enjoy my last day off. Have a great Sunday, see you in next weeks'' thread.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2009 4:31:32 PM
Author: KimberlyH
Hi All,

Spent 30 mins on the elliptical today, not long enough, but better than nothing. We''re going out for the afternoon/evening to enjoy my last day off. Have a great Sunday, see you in next weeks'' thread.
Enjoy your last day off!

sweetjettagirl04

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/4/2009 2:36:31 PM
Author: merrymunky
sweetjettagirl04 - Hi! You could have taken a lot of that straight from my own mouth! Doing the grocery shopping with the meals and points worked out beforehand is something I have found to be a big help!

Glad you have joined us!

I always make a list of dinners I'm going to make, so while I was doing that, I just looked up all the points for them and printed them out, now they're on the fridge for reference! With WW, we just need to be prepared and plan in advance. I'm okay with that, because I can look forward to what I'm having each day.

So, I just worked out and I'm beat! I did about 20 mins on my bun and thigh rocker, and my muscles are sooo sore right now! Taking a quick break before I do my arms, so that means tomorrow will be cardio day.

Anyone know of websites where I can find good arm excercises using dumbbells? I know the basics, but I have a feeling I'm going to need to change it up a little.

And merry - yay for "unplanned" exercise! If it wasn't so cold here, I'd start taking laps around my office parking lot. But, it's cold.

Lorelei - Thanks...
5.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2009 4:36:43 PM
Author: sweetjettagirl04

I always make a list of dinners I'm going to make, so while I was doing that, I just looked up all the points for them and printed them out, now they're on the fridge for reference! With WW, we just need to be prepared and plan in advance. I'm okay with that, because I can look forward to what I'm having each day.
Sweetjet, that is what I do too, I have a list of my favorite things I eat w/card listing out the points on the fridge so I don't have to figure out points; that is awesome! Yay for your workout! Great job for having a plan; I agree just a bit of preparing for the week really helps! I love to cut up my veggies for the start of the week so i have zero point snacks to munch on so I don't reach for other goodies between meals. Yay for the cookbook!

MM, yay for an action plan!!!! Sounds like you are doing great planning ahead, awesome! it is nice to have other WW so we can encourage each other and share tips!!! Yay for default exercise. I hope her foot heals. Thanks for letting me know which things you like on the Wii! hehe

KIMI, yay for the elliptical!

STEPH, thanks for telling me I am welcome out there. Someday; I always wanted to go to Disney World and it isn't too far from my In Laws in Savannah! If you are ever out here I would love to meet you and your beautiful family!!

CHARGER, hi friend!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
DH and I just went for a 40 min around the neighborhood so that makes today my 5th day of exercise this week.

The February Bon Apetite has a great recipe for black bean tacos that I made for lunch and is healthy, unfortunately the recipe isn''t on their website yet so I''ll post it later.

And most embarrassing I got in a wreck on my way home from the grocery store earlier today. I was thinking about making lunch and ran a red light so totally fault. Although my car looks worse than the other guys. I''ll have to file a claim in the morning when the insurance co opens.
7.gif
Oh well the important thing is that myself and the other guy are okay.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
I hit TJ's and am all stocked up for my lunches at work this week!

Chicken breasts are defrosting and will be ready to grill in a few hours. I washed all my veggies and everything will be packed up later this afternoon.

On a side note, DH and I ventured into the ROAD RUNNER store next door to TJ's and we both got outfitted for new shoes- they actually videotaped me running on the treadmill! There's nothing more motivating than a new pair of running shoes (especially when you've dropped $$ on them!)

Unforunately, tomorrow morning's date with the treadmill will have to wait until Tuesday. You may recall that we're in the process of remodeling our upstairs bathrooms. The first one was finished last week (yahoo), and they're almost done with #2. DH and I are taking turns hanging out at home to let the workers in each morning. I get to do it tomorrow, and he's doing it Tuesday.

Apple- sorry to hear about your accident, but glad to know you're OK!
Merry- thanks for the nice words. it's good to have a plan!
jetta- WELCOME! too cool that your DH is on board the fitness train it makes it easier to stay on track

Hiya Steph, Kimberly, Skippy & Lorelei!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Hi everybody!

The good news is . . . . 2lbs lost just since changing eating habits!

Sticking to smaller portions, better choices, without going so far as to feel deprived. DH and I went to the grocery store; everytime he picked something up, I looked at the ingredients and put it right back. They put corn syrup in the weirdest things! We decided on some fresh fruit, veggies, and new cereal.

We had our main meal at 1PM, and took a walk afterward (inside a mall). He''s working tonight, and I''ll have some of the ''good for us'' stuff we bought last night for a nibble later this evening.

Actually, I wish I had some hot homeade soup on the burner; it is COLD here . . . .after being 83 yesterday!
Brrrrrrrrrrrr. Chance of freezing rain tomorrow. Summer on Saturday. Winter again on Sunday. No wonder everyone is sick.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.I hope you are having a great Sunday.I made waffles for BF then worked on laundry and enjoyed going through some old photos to find pictures I wanted to scan to load up in my digital photo frame.

Marty went to a friend’s house to play PS3 games and I made homemade mac and cheese (Paula Dean’s recipe and OUCH for calories) but I weighed out my portion so it would be 320 calories and ate 1 breadstick with it plus raw veggies.We will have some for lunch this week.I doubt we will eat much for supper today.

I also moved around some draws to try and get more room for clothes.My mother is always teasing me about how many clothes I buy and I told her last night I can’t possibly buy one more piece of clothing as I have absolutely no place to put it.That will save me some money anyway.

MerryMunky, good for you starting to use the point tracker today and for buying food for the week.One day at a time will get you where you want to be.Yeah for starting out each day with a nice walk.

Steph, the weather sounds lovely there.Can you send some of that heat my way?

DeeJay, are we going to see your “discussion” with your PT on UTube?LOL.

Skippy, we were in the 20’s here today.I ventured over to my parents house this morning and stayed in the rest of the day.I am ready for spring too.

ChargerGirl, I am hitting it hard tomorrow too.Between family and friends it seems like our Christmas / New Year holiday lasted 3 weeks.Congratulations for being down 17 pounds.

Sweetjetagirl, we are looking forward to getting to know you better too.How wonderful your FI is going to work out with you and even help clean up around the house.Can you send some of that PS dust Marty’s way?Ha Ha.

Hi Lorelei!Did you warm up your workout room yet?Marty bumped up our temp in the house 1 degree yesterday which made me pretty excited.If the cooled the house down in the summer I’d whine that it would run up our heat bill and put it back but I remained completely silent since it meant more heat for me.

Kimi, I hope you enjoyed your last day off.

Appletini, sorry to hear about your accident but I am glad you and the other guy were not hurt.

HollyS, congratulations for losing 2 pounds.Be safe in the freezing rain.I hate ice.

Well, I am off to unload my dishwasher then fill it up again.

Marcy

IluvEmeralds

Shiny_Rock
Just dropping in to say hello! Congrats to everyone who has LOST weight over the holidays!! That''s amazing!!

Had a busy weekend went fishing Saturday and caught a SHARK for the first time ever. It was fun...but cold out on the water. My arthritis (from surgery) in my knee was acting up so I ended up not being able to use the treadmill or go running for the rest of the weekend...I''m bummed..but thankfully it''s feeling better.

Did my grocery shopping for the week, and bought only healthy things...no junk..not even for my FI. He was bummed, (he loves sweets) but understands my goal. I''m making fat free lasagna for dinner...so that will make for good dinners the rest of the week.

Back to hitting the treadmill @ 5am before work starting tomorrow. I made a new playlist for my IPod so I''m hoping that will help me.

Hope everyone enjoys their Sunday night.
:)ILE

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Marcy, sending some of the heat your way!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2009 8:01:07 PM
Author: ChargerGrrl
Marcy- just wanted to share this recipe for Chipotle Mac & Cheese. We made it for the workers who are renovating our bathrooms, and it was delish! Not too cheesy (which is a mac n cheese sin!), but i promise that you don''t miss it because of the spicyness

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=671466

CONGRATS on 2 lbs, Holly!
Yum, that sounds so good. I love spicy and I love mac and cheese. I think I am going to have to try this one!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ILuvEmeralds, all right for catching a shark.Of course I am picturing a great white ala Jaws.Sorry to hear your knee was acting up.I hope it feels better soon.Enjoy your fat free lasagna, I was thinking I’ll be brewing up a batch of that in the near future too.It’s great for several lunches that week.Woo hoo for healthy grocery shopping.I buy the miniature milky ways and 3 musketeer bars for sweets.The MW are 35 cals and the Musketeers are 25 calories – of course the trick is to stop at one.

Steph, thank you.I feel warmer already.

ChargerGirl, I showed the recipe to Marty and he wants to try it.He loves spicy things.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Had to pop in and say I am just OBSESSED with these super thin triple ginger cookies that HH got a Trader Joe''s yesterday. I swear I''ve eaten half the package already, but they are just TOO good to resist. Add these to the list of things we can''t have in the house any more, LOL!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/4/2009 8:34:07 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
Had to pop in and say I am just OBSESSED with these super thin triple ginger cookies that HH got a Trader Joe''s yesterday. I swear I''ve eaten half the package already, but they are just TOO good to resist. Add these to the list of things we can''t have in the house any more, LOL!
Then I am glad I don''t have a TJ in my part of the country. I love ginger cookies.
3.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL, I bought these over the holiday and ate the 1 row and gave away the 2nd row to a friend
11.gif
because I knew I would eat them all; I guess since they are extra gingery they are extra good. hehe

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/4/2009 9:12:48 PM
Author: Skippy123

LOL, I bought these over the holiday and ate the 1 row and gave away the 2nd row to a friend
11.gif
because I knew I would eat them all; I guess since they are extra gingery they are extra good. hehe
Okay, now I am going to have to see where the nearest TJ''s is located. Maybe I can order them online. Ha Ha.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My only hope will be that Marty gets me some the next time he has to work in Arizona. Do you think he''d go out and buy me a box of cookies? Ha Ha.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy, I''m glad to see I''m not alone! Seriously, these are just deadly...

Marcy, I don''t know if I should hope that Marty DOES or DOESN''T get them for you, for your sake LOL, but I suspect you might have more willpower than I do!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
DJ, Tacori, Marcy Are they "seasonal"? I haven't seen them during the other times of the year! I hope he gets them for you now if he is going but if not he might be out of luck but I am not sure. I have no willpower either DJ!
38.gif

Marcy, they are called the Triple Ginger Thin cookies, in 2 rows. I haven't tried the other ginger ones they have year round but maybe they are similar??

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/4/2009 9:38:05 PM
Skippy, I''m glad to see I''m not alone! Seriously, these are just deadly...

Marcy, I don''t know if I should hope that Marty DOES or DOESN''T get them for you, for your sake LOL, but I suspect you might have more willpower than I do!
My luck he''d pick them up; be hungry on the plane coming home and eat them all.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Howdie.........It was a really nice day. I slept till 10 for the second day in a row. 6:30 AM is going to suck tomorrow morning.........LOL The weather was just spectacular, so we had breakfast on the terrace and we just lounged out there for a long time. Lunch was our usual Panera, and coffee under the oak. Again, we sat under the oak for a while since it was just so beautiful (sorry to everyone who''s cold and snowy.......) We hit the gym around 2:30. I always enjoy having Charlie at the gym with me. we did a lot of free weights we don''t usually get to do, since we could ''spot'' each other (gym term for making usre the weight doesn''t fall on us). I had a really good run on the elliptical. I usually do well, but today was a great day. I wound staying at a constant speed of 10 MPH. Dinner was leftovers from New Years day, whcih were still good. Tomorrow''s Monday, meaning sushi night.

I''m sorry I can''t say hey to everyone individually. I have to conduct a training session in the morning and I haven''t really prepared for it at all. I''d better get my notes together so I don''t put everyone to sleep!

I hope you all had a great Sunday. Have a good first full week of the New Year. See you in next week''s thread!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Good news.Marty says he sees TJ’s everywhere in Arizona.Maybe there are some thin ginger cookies in my future.

11.gif
Mmmm.

Rod, I am glad you had a beautiful day.Good luck at your training session in the morning.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, If they really are seasonal like Skippy said he better hurry!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results