shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 29th Dec till 4th Jan

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/3/2009 9:46:07 AM
Author: steph72276

Date: 1/3/2009 9:44:58 AM
Author: geckodani
Thanks Lorelei, Steph! Steph - I am amazed at your willpower!
Oh girl, trust me...I don''t have lots of willpower. I think I am just sick of how many sweets I had over the holidays!
LOL! Well, that could do it too!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning!

Gecko, awesome job! Congrats.

Merry, I hope WW is the perfect fit for you and helps you to reach your goals.

Steph, we have baked goods and peppermint bark tormenting me in the cupboard. I didn''t eat a significant amount of sweets over the holidays, it''s the leftover stuff that is torturing me. Hooray for you for avoiding ice cream.

I have a house to put back in order today, and laundry to do, and a book to finish, and exercising to complete. Lets see if I can get it all done.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/3/2009 11:35:32 AM
Author: KimberlyH
Morning!

Gecko, awesome job! Congrats.

Merry, I hope WW is the perfect fit for you and helps you to reach your goals.

Steph, we have baked goods and peppermint bark tormenting me in the cupboard. I didn''t eat a significant amount of sweets over the holidays, it''s the leftover stuff that is torturing me. Hooray for you for avoiding ice cream.

I have a house to put back in order today, and laundry to do, and a book to finish, and exercising to complete. Lets see if I can get it all done.

Kimberly, peppermint bark is my absolute favorite. If I had any left in my house, I would be in trouble!

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Ok guys I have taken a pro-active step in the right direction today.

I have been signed up to the Weight Wtchers website for years but never really used itmuch other than the forum.

However, today I have signed up for the WW online programme. I will be making full use of all the new facilities available to me there.

WISH ME LUCK!

I am going to get to grips with it over the weekend then start using it properly on Monday. It loooks really comprehensive. The tracking system online looks tricky but great.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/3/2009 11:55:18 AM
Author: merrymunky

I have been signed up to the Weight Wtchers website for years but never really used itmuch other than the forum.

However, today I have signed up for the WW online programme. I will be making full use of all the new facilities available to me there.

WISH ME LUCK!

I am going to get to grips with it over the weekend then start using it properly on Monday. It loooks really comprehensive. The tracking system online looks tricky but great.
Yay! The tracking system won''t take you long to get the hang of - it''s great!

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/3/2009 12:28:52 PM

WISH ME LUCK!

That''s good to know. I can''t really afford it but I have signed up to the 3 month saver plan. I figure, I don''t want to waste the money so I will have to use it every day!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids! Did a hard 65 mins on the hampster wheel this morning, but that was it. My knees are aching in a weird way, which I''m sure is a function of coming down the stairs too many days in a row, so I skipped them today, and I may not do them tomorrow either.

Oh... and it''s just now around noon... and I''ve already had half of my calorie allotment for the day...
39.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi friends! Hubby made chili last night and it was way TOO HOT! I ended up drinking milk because it was so hot and ate an apple and some crackers.
Today hubby and I are riding bikes and I want to do the Wii jogging again (so fun). It is nice and sunny so it would be a shame not to be outside.
emhot.gif
Gosh, there is so much enthusiasm in this thread it contagious so now I am excited about working out.
41.gif
Yay for Us; Woo for all the great motivation friends!!! Also, I ordered a cookbook from Amazon to have more healthy meal ideas; this one is from Ellie (from the foodnetwork); I made her recipes before and they have been yummy! Have a Fab Weekend
35.gif

HOLLY, yay for checking out the local gym soon! That is how I started; they are great and make you feel comfortable, or it did for me.

GECKO, wooo for the awesome weight loss
36.gif
yay fellow Weight Watcher!

MERRYMUNKEY, yay for etools; I track everything I eat on etools; they have great recipes and I love the recipe builder for finding out the points in my recipes.

LINDA, is your Wii Fit there yet?

TACORI, woo for having fun on the Wii Fit; you are awesome!!! Yes, save your scores! hehe My mii has a spare tire too. haha too funny. Well it ask you your weight loss goal and when you say what you want to weigh then it shows you when you hit the healthy weight range so that is how I found out about the 3 - 4 lbs. I want to try the tennis; I heard that is fun. Hubby loves the skiing.

ROD, oh gosh, I am sorry about your neighbor; I will keep her in my prayers. I am glad you had a great sushi night! I don't know if I will be a runner but it was fun to try and see how much endurance I have; I was pretty amazed as I didn't feel too exhausted like I had in the past when I tried it. thanks friend!

STEPH, hope you find a WII FIT! Yay for resisting ice cream; you rock!!! I didn't have sugar either; it does make me feel lots better not having it. hehe Yay for a new tableSteph!! In that one picture you can only see the corner of our new table, it seats 8. We use to have a table that only seated 4. hehe I can't wait to see your new window treatment!

MARCY, yay for fun w/your friends! hehe I use to be in super shape when I was younger so it is nice to start getting back in a bit better shape; I still have a ways to go though. hehe Yay for your walks; awesome Marcy!

LORELEI, hope it warms up out there soon!

TINKERBELL, wooo hooo for your workouts and the carpet cleaning is hard work!!! Yay for your walk!

KIMI, glad you had a great time in NY; your hubby sounds like a doll taking you on wonderful trips but then again you are such a sweetie pie. Hope you get it all done today. hehe and throw in some relaxing if you can. Yay for lots of walking!

DEEJAY, wooo for your workouts, good idea on taking it easy on the knees!!! Hope they feel better soon Superworkout girl!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YAY MM!!!! YOU ARE ON YOUR WAY!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/3/2009 12:39:48 PM

Date: 1/3/2009 12:28:52 PM

WISH ME LUCK!

That''s good to know. I can''t really afford it but I have signed up to the 3 month saver plan. I figure, I don''t want to waste the money so I will have to use it every day!
Ditto here on all counts, LOL.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just finished 20 mins on the Wii fit! hehe
9.gif
I did the hula hoop; that is the hardest!!! The step was easy for me so it unlocked the advanced step and I did some kicking on the step which is fun! I did the jogging too and unlocked the long jog and did that and it was funny in the middle of my jog I saw my hubby's mii! too funny haha Isn't it fun unlocking more games?!?! It feels like wooo hooo when you get to unlock another on. I was laughing because my age when down by 2 yrs, now I am 51!!! haha
19.gif
I still need to try the tennis.

Now off to do some walking outside
9.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rod, you are TOO funny! You are RIGHT! I will not let my wii insult me
2.gif
9.gif

skippy, I have unlocked another yoga pose and the tightrope. Not bad for just 30 mins. I love how more stuff comes up. But I am sore from all that tennis and bowling. Thing I should start doing it with my left hand (even though I am sure I''ll be horrible) to keep it even.

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
I love Wii Fit. I haven''t done it for ages though. I should start it up again!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Awww, I''m sure the Wii Fit just says that in the beginning...I''m sure you guys are not out of shape!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/3/2009 1:28:45 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
Happy Saturday kids! Did a hard 65 mins on the hampster wheel this morning, but that was it. My knees are aching in a weird way, which I''m sure is a function of coming down the stairs too many days in a row, so I skipped them today, and I may not do them tomorrow either.

Oh... and it''s just now around noon... and I''ve already had half of my calorie allotment for the day...
39.gif
40.gif
I''m already into my weekly extra points and it''s only 4p.m. Man, getting back to eating normal portions is hard!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well I was 2 lbs lighter than yesterday when I did my body test so now my BMI is "normal" according to sir wii. Of course last night was right after I ate dinner so I knew I would weight less this time. I guess I am right on the border. Still they say a good BMI is 22 something and mine was 24 something. Sill made me feel good even though they didn''t make my wii skinnier. Haha.

Steph, I was talking to my sister when I was doing my body test (probably didn''t help! haha) and she said most of it is your balance. So when you get your test stand REALLY still.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, back from my walk; well I have been back for a little while. It is nice out but windy.

TACORI, it is so much fun talking Wii Fit with you friend! hehe You have inspired me to try other things, will try it again tomorrow. hehe Yay for the weight loss!!!

MERRY, you should pull out your Wii, we could get each other motivated! It is fun hearing all the things people like doing on the Wii Fit
9.gif

STEPH, I agree w/Tacori it is the balance. hehe It asked me if I ever topple over when I walk, pleeeaze! ha
2.gif

GECKO, it is amazing how much we get use to eating; hang in there, yay for extra points, those help me too!

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Skiippy - I will for sure! What are your favourite activities on it?

sweetjettagirl04

Shiny_Rock
Hello all! I'm officially joining you as of tomorrow, January 4th! I'm so happy to see how much support we can all give and receive on here! I'll be starting WW, and my future little sister in law is going to be my buddy in the process, she actually called me and asked me to do it with her! I've been meaning to start anyway - seeing as i'm getting married in May and my dress fits perfectly now, but I will be more than satisfied if it needs to be taken in when I go to start my fittings, so I've got a few months, and the goal is 15 - 20 lbs.

FI has agreed to be supportive of me as well, and eat anything I put in front of him, so I'll be pulling out the WW cookbook i have and start trying out new recipes (I love to cook, so that's not an issue) starting with dinner tomorrow!

I've got it in my head that there is no turning back. I've gained about 20-30 pounds in the past six years, and I know I'm never going to look like I did when I was 17 (I'm 24 now...), but I want to feel better about myself.

So, it's no new year's resolution - It's time to start fresh and look forward to seeing that dress taken IN!!!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Ugh! I think my boys are torturing me....they are in the kitchen making some yummy cookies that have chocolate, peanut butter and oatmeal in them. So I came into my office eating my sugar-free jello
7.gif
Oh well, I do really feel better...my stomach is so much flatter after just a few days without sweets. I.must.resist.the.cookies!!!!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/3/2009 8:19:05 PM
Author: sweetjettagirl04
Hello all! I''m officially joining you as of tomorrow, January 4th! I''m so happy to see how much support we can all give and receive on here! I''ll be starting WW, and my future little sister in law is going to be my buddy in the process, she actually called me and asked me to do it with her! I''ve been meaning to start anyway - seeing as i''m getting married in May and my dress fits perfectly now, but I will be more than satisfied if it needs to be taken in when I go to start my fittings, so I''ve got a few months, and the goal is 15 - 20 lbs.

FI has agreed to be supportive of me as well, and eat anything I put in front of him, so I''ll be pulling out the WW cookbook i have and start trying out new recipes (I love to cook, so that''s not an issue) starting with dinner tomorrow!

I''ve got it in my head that there is no turning back. I''ve gained about 20-30 pounds in the past six years, and I know I''m never going to look like I did when I was 17 (I''m 24 now...), but I want to feel better about myself.

So, it''s no new year''s resolution - It''s time to start fresh and look forward to seeing that dress taken IN!!!

Yea for joining our group...this is a great, supportive place. WW is really good and I know Skippy and others have had great success on it!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey........I had a decent day. I slept in, which is always the absolute best treat there is, IMHO! I lounged around with Sakai on my shoulder and had a cup of coffee and bowl of fresh fruit for breakfast. I had lunch at Panera (soup and sandwich), coffee under the oak, then I hit the gym about 2:30 and worked out till 5:30. I had a really good workout. I wound up working out with a friend I''ve known at the gym for a long time and he showed me some things I''ve never done before, so I''m sore and that''s a good thing. Charlie got off at 6 and we used a gift certificate we were given by our neighbors for taking care of their cat over the holidays. The restaurant is one we hadn''t been to in a long time, since it''s Italian and we just haven''t been eating pasta lately, but it was really good and free is a terrific thing. We both had Mahi-Mahi with a lobster sauce and scallops with a side of pasta. We didn''t have any dessert, just a cup of coffee afterwards. Charlie''s off tomorrow, so we''ll have a real Sunday, including a workout at the gym in the afternoon. Oh and I actually decided to weigh myself this morning, which is something I hadn''t done in several weeks. The scale gods must be smiling on me. I didn''t gain any weight whatsoever through the holidays!! In fact, I lost 2 pounds!!

Steph, the chocolate cake was from Wright''s Deli. It''s not one of those designer 22 layer cakes you get in places like Cheesecake Factory. It''s just like the chocolate cake our mom''s used to make. It''s two layers and just perfect. Moist and oh so chocolatey! I''ll just have to wait till next Christmas for my next piece. Sounds like your sugar-off is going well, even with the temptations from Adam and Andrew!

LOL Linda. I was going to ask you who Charlie was, then I realized you probably meant me, but typed Charlie''s name instead. He enjoyed the rest of his cake as well!

I''m sure your friends were amazed at your jewels Marcy. I''m sure they were happy with having their rings cleaned. I used my steamer about a week ago. Even though I clean my ring nightly, it isn''t really clean until I steam it.

merrymunky, I''m sure you''ll do well on WW and the points will work in your favor for sure!! A pound a week is a great goal and quite achievable.

Tinker, I''m sure once you get back into a working our routine, you''ll meet your goals and feel so good about yourself. Maybe you and Lorelei are close to each other?

WOO HOO Gecko!! losing 4 lbs is a great achievement!!

I hope you got all the things you wanted to accomplish done Kimberly! Welcome back to reality.........

Take care of your knee''s DeeJay. Probably wise to avoid the stairs for a couple days. You certainly don''t want to be in pain when you do the 80 flights.

I love Hot Chili, so I would have probably loved hubby''s chili Skippy. Sounds like you''re having lot''s of fun with your Wii!

I''m glad you won''t let your Wii insult you Tacori!! LOL

Welcome SweetJet! Having a supportive partner can make all the difference.

I''ll check in tomorrow. I hope everyone''s having a great weekend and looking forward to a nice Sunday.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi healthy living friends.It is great to see so many posts.The highlight of my day was getting my right contact – I can see!Woo hoo.Life is GOOD.

MerryMunky, it sounds like you are all set to start on Monday.Great idea to use all the wonderful tools and aids they offer you with WW.My mom does WW.Good luck!

Tinkerbell, I can so identify with you as I am cold all the time too.Good job going for a nice long walk today.

Lorelei, our cold is dry so you have it worse than we do_Our wind chill is 8 below tonight.

Steph, I will look for the Fiber 1 cereal.I always eat cheerios but like to try different cereals sometime.That is great you have nice weather to go running.

Gecko, congratulations on being down 4 pounds.That is awesome.

Kimi, I hope you got all of your chores and projects done today.I am going to be lazy tomorrow and work on laundry then Monday I need to start working on my spring semester class.School starts again for me on the 12th.

DeeJay, I hope your knees feel better.

Skippy, I am so cold right now hot chili sounds great.I am delighted to hear you are enjoying your Wii.I am sure you are already in super shape; you are just improving on it.

Tacori, I think it’s great you are having fun on your Wii fit too.Yippee for being down 2 pounds from yesterday.

Welcome Sweetjettagirl.That is great you are prepared to cook healthy foods and that your FI is ready and willing to eat whatever your cook for him.Good luck!

Rod, your day sounds rather pleasant.I slept in too today and enjoyed it tremendously.How nice of your neighbors to give you a GC for dinner; free meals are always a blessing.Congratulations for being down 2 pounds.I would have to agree the steam cleaner does seem to do a little better job than just jewelry cleaner.I think my friend is going to be looking for a spessartite garnet now.

Have a great Sunday.
Marcy

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Morning all.

I have had a good look at the WW website so I am trial running the points tracking today. It''s so much more accurate than trying to do it myself with just the shopping guides and points calculator. The tracker is very thorough. I think it will really help me.

My FI and I are going grocery shopping soon to stock up on all the things we need to set me off on the right track!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Good morning all! It is a beautiful day here in Florida...going to be 80 degrees and sunny here today. I went for my 3 mile run/walk and saw people laying out by the pool! I am going to go get dressed and go get some healthy groceries and probably go by a jewelry store to try on some bands...woohoo! Hope everyone has a great day!

Tacori and Skippy, good to know about the balance thing...I will try to be really still!

Rod, hope you and Charlie have a fantastic day in this wonderful weather! Thanks for the name of the bakery...I seriously will stop and get a piece the next time we''re in Tampa!!

Marcy, the cereal is really good...I''m like that too, I have my favorites but it is good to change it up now and then. Glad you can see again!

Merrymunky, good for you! Hope you find lots of healthy things at the store! The WW website has great recipes!

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Hello everyone.

Well we have been grocery shopping to stock up on all I need to give me a good headstart this coming week. I have been doing the trial tracking today and I love the tracking system on the online WW programme. I am actually starting to look forward to the journey more than I was now. I was starting to get a bit panicky and defeatist. Had conversations with a couple of good friends yesterday though and feel much more positive and able today :D

Thanks to everyone here for the constant support too. It means a lot!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Did another hard 65 mins on the hampster wheel this morning. Tomorrow is my first session with the PT and everyone in the gym is making sure they are there to see it. One guy said he can''t wait to see what happens when the PT tells me to do something I don''t want to do LOL. Gee... seems like these people know me!

Have a client this afternoon so I have to bolt, but it''s GREAT to see so many people on here, especially all the new members!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good Morning; I probably will try a few fun things on the Wii and check out the games Tacori liked. I am so glad I went for a nice long walk yesterday because today it is only suppose to get up to 35 degrees, burr. I want spring weather. hehe Oh well. Hubby and I need to do some shopping so nothing too exciting here. I have no clue what to make for dinner but hopefully something will inspire me today! Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!!!!

ETA: OH MAN IT IS SNOWING! lol

MERRYMUNKY, I like the jogging and the step and the hula is fun but hubby likes the soccer. What do you like on the Wii? Tacori does it too and she did the tightrope. hehe Yay for tracking your points. Out there do they have the momentum program?

SWEETJET, yay for weight watchers and a buddy; I lost 27 lbs this past year on WW. I think it is a great program and it taught me some healthy eating and they have great recipes online!! Yay for cooking out of the WW books; they have great recipes!

STEPH, oh no, to the boys torturing you! That would be tough, great job! Steph wooo for your run!!! Gosh, can I come out there; it sounds so nice compared to my 35 degrees, sigh. hehe

ROD, this chilli was there is a fire in my mouth chilli! haha Yay for 2 workouts in a row! Glad you slept in sweetie!

MARCY, it was too hot; I like hot but not that hot. haha Yay for your right contact!

DJ, wooo for your workouts; you rock! Keep us posted on the PT!

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Skippy - I like the step aerobics, the jogging (oddly enough), the ski jump, the yoga workouts (the ones I can manage at least), the balance games in general...too much. It''s all good fun. I am pretty useless at the hula though, my hips don''t move properly! haha

Still loving the WW tracker. They don''t have the momentum here no. It has all changed since I last used it though and we have the Discover plan now.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Of course, Skippy! Anytime you''d like to come to Orlando, just let me know! I can''t believe it is snowing there...bundle up out shopping!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results