shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 27th April till 2nd May

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Friends, I had such a super busy day starting yesterday afternoon and it kept going. I am sitting here exhausted. I will write about it tomorrow
1.gif
I might have gained a lb back. Oh well, at least I got some major workouts in.

STEPH, aww, you are so sweet friend, thank you; you made me feel good!! I miss chatting with you; give Andrew a hug for me please. How are you?

BABYSTEPS, thank you. Sorry your weekend was so busy. Hope your week is great!

BEACHRUNNER, I am cutting out high fructose corn syrup too when I can despite that note.

BEE, yay for your workout and weights. Thank you.

MARCY, sounds like you had a busy weekend, yum to the pizza and wine. Yay for walking and shopping; thank you for your kind words!

ELMORTON, wow, you sound like you were super busy too!!! Hang in there; I had one of those weekends too.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey..........We got home kind of late last night, so I didn''t get a chance to checkin till now. Yesterday was a lazy day furing the day. The weather couldn''t have been more beautiful. It''s warm now (hot by some people''s standards, but not by Tampa standards), with highs in the mid to upper 80s, but the humidity is still relatively low (again, by Tampa standards). Last night, we met our friends for dinner. She''s another friend who had breask cancer, and just went through chemo and radiation. She lost all her hair, but is doing really well now. She wears an amazing wig, that looks exactly like her real hair did before she got sick. We ate at Timpano. It''s a national chain, and is pretty upscale, but we (Charlie and me) didn''t really enjoy our meals. For one thing, we hardly eat at places like this anymore. The prices are high and the food was just OK. But, the big thing we noticed after not eating at places like this, was incredibly SALTY the food was. Everything was super salty to me. It was to Charlie too, but not to our friends. I guess after all this time of eating healthier food and being very cautious with salting our foods, we didn''t realize just how salty things are in the "real" world. I woke up in the middle of the night and was so thirsty. I don''t know why restaurants feel they have to oversalt things to make them taste better. Don''t they realize you can add salt to something if you personally feel it nees salt, but you most definitely can NOT remove salt that is already there????????? OK......Rod Rant Over!

Today was a nice day. Another beautiful day in Tampa. We had breakfast on the terrace. Charlie gave me a haircut. Lunch was our usual Panera, followed by a cup of coffee at Sbucks under the oak. It was so nice outside, we sat there for a long time. My leg was hurting and we almost decided to just bag the gym, but I just couldn''t do that, so we went to the gym and I''m so glad we did. I did a lot of leg stretches and used the foam roller on the exact spot the nerve is pinched. That does hurt, but ultimately, it makes it feel better. I definitely need to do that more often. I completely modified my leg workout to specifically target the muscles that are tied to the Sciatic nerve and again that helped. Plus, since the elliptical was really hurting my leg, I decided to do the stationary bike instead. It didn''t hurt at all. But the funny thing was how unchallenging the bike was. I kept raising the level, but couldn''t get my heartrate obove 120 BPM and just barely broke a sweat. Still, it was cardo and it didn''t hurt my leg, which is a good thing. We fixed baked chicken and steamed veggies for dinner.

Yay for being motivated Nicole!! I hope you never lose the motivation!! Of course there will be bumps and plateau''s along the way, just be prepared for them and don''t lose that motivation, for motivation helped each and everyone of us here on the HLT achieve such amazing things!!

I''m so proud of you bee* You''re doing such amazing things and it''s fun to see all that you are accomplishing!!

Skippy, thanks for the post on HFCS. I knew it wasn''t more difficult to metabolize than sugar, I just make sure I don''t consume it in purpose. And like you, I choose real sugar. It is only 17 calories a teaspoon, which isn''t much when you think about it. AND......WOO HOO FOR LOSING 5 POUNDS!!!!!!!!!! GO SKIPPY, GO SKIPPY GO!!!! Thanks for the good thoughts about my leg. It doesn''t hurt too much today.

Hey Steph.......I hope you''re doing well. Say hey to Adam and Andrew!

Thanks baysteps. I did enjoy being back in the gym. And I was really surprised that I wasn''t in any way disadvantaged by having been out a week. I was able to lift just as much weight as before. If anything, it felt better as after being out for a week, my muscles were able to completely heal. Sometimes a break can be a good thing. Sorry your weekend was not the greatest.....

When I read that you walked over a 1,000 yards Marcy, I think about how you could barely walk a block without needed to rest. You''ve made such remarkable changes in your life and health!! I''m afraid no luck with the condo showing. Somewhere out there, there''s someone who will walk in and want this place. It is such a beautiful home.

Oh my El........that Horseshoe sounds interesting! Striping paint is hard work, so I''m sure you burned off many calories in the process!!

Yuck.......tomorrow starts another week. I''ve been feeling like burnout a bit lately. Then I realized my one year anniversary is June 30th and I have not taken a single vacation day since I started. We''re not given any vacation days the first 6 months, but then we get 5 days to use (or lose) before our anniversary. So, I''m going to make Memorial Day a very long weekend and at least take 2 or 3 days off in addition to the 3 day weekend. YAY for me!!

I hope everyone''s week coming up is good. See you in next week''s thread.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
ROD, oh my gosh, I refuse to eat at chain restaurants for that very reason, waaaaaay too much salt and the thirst is insane!! Wow, doesn''t it make you feel better to know you don''t have all that salt in your life? I know it does me. Oh I am sorry about your friend but glad she is doing well. Hugs and glad it was beautiful out there. Oh I am glad you are using the foam roller; hope it takes the pain away soon. I love that foam roller, thanks friend.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Skippy......I''m going to buy a foam roller to use at home tomorrow. You had recommended I use it a while ago and don''t know why I wasn''t doing just that. And I know how great the foam roller''s are to begin with.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/3/2009 11:05:48 PM
Author: Rod
Thanks Skippy......I'm going to buy a foam roller to use at home tomorrow. You had recommended I use it a while ago and don't know why I wasn't doing just that. And I know how great the foam roller's are to begin with.
I bought one of the black ones from Amazon since they are heavy duty. Also, your favorite core guy has a website with videos and I do many of the foam roller exercises; I am a huge fan of the foam roller and Core Performance. hehe

eta: this is the one I got it is the FULL round 6x36 http://www.amazon.com/Cando-Black-Composite-Foam-Rollers/dp/B001FXYY9Y/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1241406641&sr=8-5 and it cost me 28 w/shipping.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Elmorton, no worries about eating a few extra things this weekend.A horseshoe sounds interesting.Your woodwork sounds like quite a project. Good luck getting it finished this week. We need to paint the trim on our house outside this summer.That will be a big chore.I am not looking forward to it.

Skippy, it looks like a lot of us had busy weekends.That is a good thing though.

Rod, sorry your meals weren’t very good.I really notice salt in food too.I guess they think it makes it taste better.Glad to hear your stretches seem to be helping your leg.That is so true about it being quite a difference for me walking 1000 yards.The old Marcy actually drove to our mailbox (it’s less than ½ a block away).In my regular class I cut it down to 500 yards about 8 years ago and then I hadn’t walked it again until last fall.Yesterday I bet it was more like 2500 yards one way since I was counting off the wrong spaces.I bet I wore out some of those senior citizens.I am sure there is someone who will be delighted to buy your condo; I hope they find you soon.You definitely deserve to take some vacation days off.A long weekend over Memorial Day would be great.I am thinking of doing that myself.

Have a great Monday everyone.I will see you in next week’s thread.

35.gif

Marcy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results