shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 27th April till 2nd May

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new week team!

So I was browsing and found this motivational saying,

WE ARE WHAT WE REPEATEDLY DO. EXCELLENCE, THEN IS NOT AN ACT BUT A HABIT.-Aristotle

This saying really struck home with me, it can apply in so many areas of our lives and also concerning our healthier living journeys. The trick is therefore not even in getting started or having the intention to embark on a healthier lifestyle, but to stay on it and this can be challenging especially after all the so called motivational advice that abounds concerning perfection in what you eat and do. I was bombarded with this for years in my early dieting days-

eat one cookie - "oh you have blown it!"
38.gif

"what is wrong with you that you want ice cream??"
38.gif

"you have NO willpower."
38.gif

And I could go on and on.
20.gif
Until that day when the penny dropped for me and I decided to drop that negative thinking that I had been feeding off for so many years that I wasn't able to get fit and trim because I wasn't capable of it! I WAS capable but I was also HUMAN and did not want to feel hungry or live off foods I hated! So many of you know that I found like minded souls here and together years later we are fitter, happier, healthier and trimmer!

This was possible because we are what we repeatedly do, our excellence does not involve perfection as what we do is then is not an act but a habit.

In other words as we always say patience, persistance and perseverence will win the race! It is what you do everyday towards caring for your health that matters, if you fall off the wagon so what - just dust yourself off and get straight back on again! THAT is what will get you to your goals!

Have a great week
35.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love your opening Lorelei! I was the exact same if I ate something bad-thought that I had ruined everything and then I just ate everything in sight! That''s a great phrase. For me, today is my weigh-in night with my trainer. I weigh in every six weeks and then that night I have a treat night-so it''s chipper chips for me tonight. I find that once I know I have this treat night coming up, I can be good for the rest of the time. I''m really hoping that she doesn''t make me do spin tonight but sure we''ll see what happens! Just studying for the rest of the day for me so nothing exciting!

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
Gosh this SO resonates for me!! Like both of you, I had an all or nothing attitude. Bee, I can totally relate to the one slip-up equals a total free for all. That is one of the many things I am letting go of and changing my attitude about!
I love your quote Lorelei... I''m going to print it out and tape it to my monitor!
So to recap last week, I made it through without refined sugar/sweets/desserts/treats except for my morning slimfast. I am down 3 1/2 pounds and hubby is down 3. I''m actually a bit disappointed because I feel like I cut out some pretty huge things and I wanted bigger results! I know, I know... patience grasshopper!
Anyway, I hope all of you have a wonderful day and you''re having the amazing weather I am. I didn''t get to enjoy it that much this weekend because I''m wrapping up a nasty research paper... but soon. Soon I will get to enjoy and relax!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
3.5 lbs is brilliant Paula! I know how hard it is when you want to lose more but when you lose it slowly and surely, it stays off. Keep up the good work!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good Morning friends
35.gif
I got back around lunch time yesterday and went for a walk with my cousin for 60 mins and then it was funny because my sister and her hubby wanted me to go biking and I figured why not so I went with them so we biked for an hour. I probably will go for another walk today; while I was gone I was good at getting walks in too. I missed you all. I bought some strawberries and oranges; I just love this time of year for fresh fruit, how about you? Have a great day gang
41.gif

LORELEI,
that is an excellent opening; I was talking to a friend who is doing weight watchers with me and she said that is she blows one dinner she figures what the heck she fell off the wagon so why not be bad the rest of the time. It is good to hear those things and remind ourselves to dust ourselves off and get right back on again and forgive ourselves and we talked about doing that. In fact that same things sort of happened to me a few weeks back ago but then I reminded myself how well I have done so far and that I don't have far to go for my goal, thanks!

BEE*,
yay for your weigh in and spin class, that is one of the most killer workouts ever.

PAULA,
I think so many of us have the all or nothing, I know I use to especially do that with working out. I use to think if I can't do an hour then why workout but that has change. hehe YAY for yours and hubbys weight loss!!!
36.gif
I notice for me too that if I eat too many refined white flours or sugars it has me craving more of that; I do get a little in but not like I use to and I see a huge difference in my cravings. yay for finishing your paper

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All.

We''re back from the quick trip to see my family. Had a nice time. Still struggling with weight, but trying to be patient with my body.

I''ve decided to eat only fruits and veggies for dinner, J is insisting I eat some sort of protien, we''ll see how this goes. We have plans to go away next weekend too and I really want to get back to a good place weight-wise, striking balance can be so difficult.

Work, work, exercise, that''s my calendar today. I took a bit of a tumble yesterday and am sore as a result, a bit scared about how my body will do with the exercise, but I need to try. I''m thinking gym for the first time in 2 months, I''ve missed the gym.

Have a good one.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Hello all! I got hit by the cold/flu bug last week.
14.gif
I am getting so sick of being sick! Anyway, I could have done better with the food choices while sick, but I don''t think I did too badly.

bee - good luck at your weigh in tonight!

Go Paula! 3.5 is awesome!!!

Skippy - I love this time of year too! I think our local farmers market starts back up next week and I can''t wait!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Hello, all!

I feel really good this morning. I was able to do quite a yoga workout before my wrist started hurting. JT was by my side the whole time. He told me he wants his own mat now.

We got into quite a bit of Poison Ivy the other day, but luckily, none of us have it. We''ll be doing more yard work today, sledging out a brick retaining wall. That should make my wrist hurt nicely....better wear the brace!

Have a great day!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei- Your weekly openers are always so spot on!

It''s been a tough road, but I think i''m doing pretty good with avoiding the all or nothing attitude. I''ve been more successful with food than with activity. Foodwise, my willpower has kicked in during the most opportune times. Of course, it''s after I have a "conversation" with myself. I usually try to repeat "you don''t need it, you don''t need it, you don''t need it..." I certainly don''t deprive myself, but have been engaging in more self-awareness during these last couple of "healthy" months. What is still challenging for me, is being motivated to workout on my own (outside of BC). The lamest excuse is when i don''t have more than 45 minutes or so, and then say, "what''s the point?" Well, some exercise is better than nothing- just have to beat that one into my head a bit more!

This morning was the first day of week 2 of BC. Lunges, squats, pushups, situps, planks and running were on the agenda. I always feel a bit "off" on Monday mornings, and it took my all to power thru the session. But I did it as i had to make up for my wine and food weekend.

Tonite I''m headed to a reception and panel discussion so i''m thinking of having a light dinner before i get there so i won''t overdo it on the finger foods.

**Bee- I hope the weigh-in went well and that you enjoyed the chips. yum
**Paula- WOW- losing 3.5 lbs is FANTASTIC! CONGRATS
**Skippy- so good to see you!
**Kimberly- Take it easy at the gym today

Hiya Dani & Shiny!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei, great opener! I'm trying to pick up the same attitude to change my eating habits. It's going very slowly. But really great advice!

Paula, great job on the weigh in. And for sweet-free stuff too! 3.5 lbs is awesome!

Bee, I just can't turn my brain off on the bad habit of snacking. I've been doing it a lot. I should probably be more diligent and put ALL the snacks away and leave out ONLY fruits & veggies. I'll try to do that tomorrow. :)

Skip! You're back!!! Sounds like you're getting some good walks in. How's WW?

Kim, maybe you can do vegetarian protein, like tofu & lentils. That way J feels more comfortable and you're still getting a very healthy dinner. Just a thought. Sorry about the tumble & soreness. Yay gym!

Dani, Sorry you've got the flu.
7.gif
Hope you get better soon!

Shiny, how's your wrist? Glad you did yoga. Sounds like you're going to have a nice yoga buddy :)

Charger, BC sounds like it was a good one today. I need to start having those conversations with myself that you do. I just mindlessly munch. Hooray for your self control.

I did a few push ups today, about 45. And some crunches & bicycle crunches & leg throw downs? Tomorrow maybe we'll do yoga or something with my sister.

Dinner tonight is some stir fried bean thread noodles with chicken, shrimp & veggies. Low carb but still tasty.

~Lisa

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I walked on the TM for 45 min after work today at a slow pace. I got sunburned over the weekend and I don''t want to do anything that will make me sweat b/c I''m trying to avoid heat rash and those "water blisters".

Coworker #2 took coworker#1 and I out for lunch today to thank us for being her fitness gurus.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great opening as usual Lorelei!!

Welcome Home Skippy! We (I) missed my Skippy!!

This has to be somewhat short as it''s already late. I worked a long day, but it was at least productive. My leg was really bothering me today, so I finally made an appointment with the orthopaedist. I''ve been doing some research on the net this evening and have pretty come to the conclusion I''ve got Piriformis Syndrome. It''s a muscle in the butt that pinches the sciatic nerve, but isn''t as bad as sciatica caused by a bulging disk. At least that''s what I''m hoping. If it is, there are exercises for this, but I may have to stop working my legs at the gym for a while. At least I know working my leg at the gym isn''t helping. And today, the pain was really bad after working out hard yesterday. Getting old isn''t fair, I''m telling ''ya. Oh this too shall pass. I met Charlie for sushi after work, then we stopped off at the Sbucks closer to our condo.

I may not go to the gym otmorrow night, as I think I need to stay off this leg until I see the doctor on Thursday. It will be bug me to not work out, but I''m sure I can handle a few days off.

Hey to everyone I missed. I hope your week is off to a good start!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Happy Monday!Marty cooked some marinated London broil on the grill for supper.We had rice with it and have some leftover for lunch tomorrow.Marty gets two sandwiches because I bought the SL 120 calorie wheat hotdog buns and they are kind of small for him.

I was very strict today and stayed in my calories.I have been hitting extra 100 calorie snacks at work or some of the mini candy bars but until I get my extra few pounds off I MUST be good.Do you remember that No, No, No song by Ringo Star?That is what I kept singing in my head today.My ditty went “No, No, No I don’t eat that no more.My pants don’t fit me like before.No thank you please, I don’t want to squeeze, And soon my pants will fit like before”.Hey it worked!!!I also passed on a glass of wine with supper.It is amazing how different my pants fit when I am up a few pounds.

Lorelei, great opener.It so applies to me.I have absolutely no problem going back to my now normal routine.No matter how bad I eat today, tomorrow I go back to my normal calorie range.Even if I do overeat it’s nothing like before.This life has definitely become a habit.

Bee, I hope you had a great weigh in tonight.

Paula, congratulations on 3.5 pounds.That is great for one week.It does seem like it should be more after all your hard work but it’s better if weight comes off slow.Good job on cutting out refined sugar last week.

Skippy’s BACK!Yippee.Hi lady.Glad you had many long walks this week.I eat strawberries and mandarin oranges for breakfast most day.It’s a great combo.

Kimi, glad you had a nice trip.I am in the same place at finding a balance on my weight and living.I am up a few pounds after trying a few variations for maintenance and so far it doesn’t work well then I have to hit the calorie tracking again for awhile.I hate to hear you fell down, I hope you are okay and get over the soreness and other injuries soon.

Dani, I hope you get over the flu and feel better soon.

Somethingshiny, I am glad you got in some yoga without hurting your wrist.

ChargerGirl, it is a tough road to avoid the all or nothing mentality.I know that is why I so often failed on past diets.I’d be good for a week, blow it and then be out of control and give up.

Lisa, yay for doing 45 pushups today.

Appletini, you must have gotten a very bad sunburn.Ouch!Get better soon.

Rod, good luck at the doctor this week but as long as your leg has been bothering you I am glad you are getting it looked at.

Take care.

Marcy

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning everyone! Review was great last night and I'm down another stone so woohoo! That means that I'm down almost 38 lbs so I'm thrilled. She has me focussing more on free weights this time and then my cardio workout and I have to do more of her classes. I did spin last night and while I didn't enjoy it, it wasn't as bad as I thought either. It was hard to do the step class after spin though-my legs felt like lead! Today I'm going to go up this morning and do my workout and then do her tone class.

Skippy-I love fresh fruit too-I bought so much of it last week. Tasty!

Kimberly-I hope that you got on ok with the exercise. Sorry to hear that you took a tumble.

gecko-hope you feel better soon! There's nothing worse than feeling sick.

something-hope your wrist improves soon. Enjoy the yard work!

Charger-that sounds like a tough workout. Enjoy the reception.

lliang-that dinner sounds amazing! I think I might do something like that this week. I don't buy any snacks at all for the house so I have to have fruit or crackers when I'm snacking. It's the only thing that works for me.

appletini-sorry to hear that you got burnt-ouch!

Rod-sorry to hear about your leg. I'd say it's definitely best to stay off it for a while.

Marcy-I love your song. I might have to use it myself!

Talk to you all later!

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
Hi healthy ladies
35.gif
-- do you have room for another on your weekly thread? No worries if it is a closed group, but if not can you count me in? I am in a major diet and fitness shakeup and could use some company - some days are tougher than others! But I am trying to be
17.gif
1.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/28/2009 7:24:32 AM
Author: babysteps
Hi healthy ladies
35.gif
-- do you have room for another on your weekly thread? No worries if it is a closed group, but if not can you count me in? I am in a major diet and fitness shakeup and could use some company - some days are tougher than others! But I am trying to be
17.gif
1.gif
Of course you can join us - welcome babysteps!!
35.gif
I hear you, some days are definitely tougher than others but keep going!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Babysteps we''d love to have you join our little group. Yes, some days are tougher than others.

Hi Lorelei!
35.gif
How is your weather? We are definitely in pants mode here.

Bee, CONGRATULATIONS for losing 38 pounds.
36.gif
I am so excited for you. By all means use my song; it was amazing how much it kept me out of little snacks at work yesterday.
9.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All.

So the gym didn''t happen, I''m more bruised up than I realized. I was carrying my nephew up the stairs outside my parents'' house and I tripped. In my attempt to protect him I landed pretty hard on my right side. I''m moving pretty slow and am still sore. I''ll try again later today or tomorrow. My body has really been working against me lately. Bleh. And to top it off, the poor little guys'' head slammed into the step anyways; he didn''t bleed, thank goodness, but he sure cried. I felt awful.

We did have a fruit salad and root veggies for dinner, and I told J I want to eat fruits and veggies for dinner until I lose this extra weight (which will be interrupted by a little trip we''re taking this weekend, but tha''s okay). He''s acquiesced. I think he recongized how frustrated I am with my body.

Lliang, lentils is a great idea. I''m not a big tofu fan, but I do love lentils. Thanks for the suggestion.

Marc, I''ve been maintaining really well, my exercise being derailed has totally thrown me. I''m sorry you''re struggling, it can be hard. Keep up the great work.

Bee, you are doing FANTASTIC! Keep up the great work.

Charger, your boot camp sounds fantastic. I was in LA over the weekend, thought of you when driving through The Valley.

Babysteps, welcome.

Have a great day. The next attempt at exercise will have to be tomorrow, unless I get home early enough to hop on the elliptical for a bit, I work all three jobs today.

We

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Lorelei - thank you once again for such a great opener! It's so easy to give up after one or two little slips. It's important to remember it is a journey not a sprint. I need to keep telling myself this also!

It's been a bit since I last wrote on here, but I've continued to lurk about now and then. There has been a lot going on lately with work and also my grandma, who has been in the hospital and recently had to have her leg removed just above the knee. I have been quite worried about that, as she is ninety one years young. Thankfully, she has pulled through brilliantly thus far and hopefully the good news continues. I've also felt quite down on myself with the lack of progress I've had with all the efforts I feel I've put forth. I am at the gym at least 5x a week, feel that I eat properly, etc. yet the scale fails to budge and when it does it creeps up a little even. I've been on the routine for a while now so I've decided to mix up what cardio I do and not only track exercise on sparkpeople but also every bit of food I eat and be better able to see where I might be going wrong. I'm hopeful that things can turn around soon and I will start enjoying some of the wonderful progress you all are.

bee* - glad things are going well with the trainer - keep up the good work!

Paula - Way to go on the 3.5! Keep up the excellent work!!

Skippy - Yeah for long walks! I can't wait until after today because we've had a heat wave over 90 for the past 4-5 days! I miss my walks! I am with you on the fresh fruit. I've been eating mostly bananas lately but can't wait for berry season! Hurrah for warmer weather!

I'd love to write more but work to be done. I hope you all have a lovely day and keep up the good work!!

ETA - Rod - Hope your leg is feeling better soon!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good Morning friend!!! Yesterday hubby went walking w/me for 20 mins and then I did an additional 20 mins on my own, so 40 mins. I made chicken yesterday and it came out a bit tough and it was bit of work to throw together. I was a little disappointed but at least I tried something new.
2.gif

Yesterday I also had a doc appt and the nurse told me to change into a gown, well after I changed I realized the blinds were sort of opened,eek
6.gif
but when I got out of the doctors office I breathed a sigh of relief to see the outside windows were tinted and I didn't flash anyone. lol

Today I will be running to intervals class; I missed this class last week since I was out of town so it will be tough. I just need to jump right in!! I think tonight I will make pad thai noodles w/lots of fresh veggies. Last night i had strawberries and orange slices and I am sure I will be having that for dessert again, yum!

Have a great Tuesday all and hope you are having fabulous weather (we are here).
9.gif
35.gif

KIMI, I saw my family too; yay for family vacays!! How is your nephew? I talked to mine yesterday and he was talking so fast; all I heard was plane. He got a new little plane. hehe Yay for a romantic getaway w/hubby!!! Oh gosh, I am sorry about the fall; that sounds awful. Hope you heal soon.

GECKO, yay for your weight loss last week; I saw you lost a few lbs, awesome girl!!!!! Yay for the farmers market and this time of year!!!! What are you going to pick up next week?

SS, oh no to poison ivy, glad no one got it. I hope your wrist feels better soon. too cute about wanting a mat, awww.

CHARGER, yay for eating healthy and going to bootcamp!! You are awesome woman!

LISA, thanks for the welcome back. Yay for push ups, crunches, did you have someone help you with the leg throw downs? I love those!Yum to stirfry!

APPLE, you poor sweetie; ouch to a burn, hope it heals soon!

ROD, blush, you are so sweet, thank you friend! Yay for a productive day. Your poor leg. You probably already tried this but have you used the foam roller on your hip/leg? I just bought one because I noticed I had pain in my legs when I would lie down and do a quad stretch and I wanted to work out that pain in the comfort of my home. I got my foam roller last night and it really helped. sending you a hug. Yum to sushi!!!

MARCY, hehe your song is too cute! You will lose the few lbs soon. yum to london broil! thanks for the welcome back, you are so sweet! Yum to berries and oranges in the morning! mmm mmm good!

BEE* woooo for your loss
36.gif
congrats Spin is killer, great job!

BABYSTEPS, yay for joining us; your avatar always makes me smile. The cute little one and the gorgeous shot of the turquoise ocean! Good to see you!

LORELEI, hi friend

PATIENTLY WAITING prayers outgoing for your grandma and hug to you. I pray she has a speedy recovery. Hang in there; I bet the scale will budge soon.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Evening everyone! Thanks for the encouragements! I did the tone class this morning which I found so hard, so if I don''t log on tomorrow it just means that my arms aren''t working anymore
3.gif
. Foodwise was good today too-I felt a bit sick last night after the chips, so I haven''t been that hungry today-had wheetabix and banana for breakfast and veg soup for lunch with a couple of crackers. Dinner is D''s favourite- Shepherds pie. I''ll have a bit with a salad. Got lovely strawberries for dessert too. No other news as just studying today. Hope you are all well.

Welcome babysteps
35.gif

Thanks Marcy! I sang the song to D-he just thought I was strange!! lol!

Thank you Kimberly. Sorry to hear about the fall-sounds nasty! Your dinner sounds delicious. Hope that you are feeling less sore soon.

Thanks patiently! I hope that you''ll start seeing results soon after all your tracking.

Skippy-lol about getting changed at the doctors. Your dinner sounds like it will be delicious.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone!! Yesterday we met with our builder and the architect and then did house stuff all night so no workout. Tonight is step class and of course T and I''s daily walk. She''s become so accustomed to the walk she now gets her sweatshirt, says "walk" and walks to the back door. Have a great Tuesday everyone!!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Great opener Lorelei!!! Been there, done that!!!

Looks like everyone is having a good start to the week :)

Last week, was a fun one for me---went to the new fitness studio in town and took a couple classes(yoga and pilates). Both of which I really miss, I used to practice pilates everyday and yoga quite regularly for sometime-so it was really nice to get back into it a little bit. The instructor had a really different take on both, not necessarily my favorite styles-but better than nothing. Hubby and I also did a lot of yard work-cleaning up for spring.

As far as diet goes, I was planning on beginning a detox on Monday-but after speaking with my hubby, I think we will just try a different eating plan-we usually detox for a month each year-but I really think I would miss my morning yogurt/kefir, soy milk and citrus fruit this time around. So, we''ll see how just modifying out eating habits does for now.

Good luck everyone, have a great week :)

White Orchid

Shiny_Rock
Hello All,

I''m very excited to be a part of the amazing support network here! I have the day off work today, and I always find myself eating more when I don''t have to spend my whole day running around. I''m trying to find healthier snack ideas - yogurt smoothies, fruit and veggies, etc. I decided not to cut out sweets because that isn''t something I know I can commit to longterm. Instead I''ve been budgeting my calories so if I have a good eating day, I''ll allow myself some dark chocolate! Not only does dark chocolate have health benefits, it hits the spot while still being bitter enough to not make me crave more. Those delicious chocolate oranges were on sale so I bought a couple of those. Each slice is only about 45 calories, so I treat myself to one slice every other day or so.

I already went for 15 mins on the elliptical machine this morning but I think I''ll try for another 20 before bed tonight. I have to travel 5 hours to my in-laws this weekend and I know they''ll fill us up with scrumptious food!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei, I should have read your opening yesterday - I''ve been avoiding this thread for pretty much the very issue you brought up. THANK YOU for knowing exactly what to say this week!

Over the weekend, I felt like I pretty much blew everything I''d been working so hard for all week. After I wrote the post of "oh my gosh, I''m doing great!" I went to the wedding reception that I was out of town for - and somehow, in just that evening, I managed to eat my way through a little more than 60 WW points (I don''t even want to KNOW what that means in actual calories/fat). On Sunday, when I realized what I''d done, I was really upset with myself. Yesterday, I picked myself up, got right back on track, and have been working out like crazy to at least repair a little of the damage that was done. I went to a cardio class, had a great workout this morning, have been eating right... but still, I can''t help thinking about my disasterous weekend every time I see food, and grocery shopping was TOUGH last night (side note: WHY is the bakery section of the grocery store next to produce? I think this is one of the more unfair things in life). I really want to do things right this week.

Paula - congrats on your 3.5 lb weight loss! That''s awesome! I felt the same way about my first weigh-in last week; I really wanted more than 2 lbs, especially after I mistakenly thought I''d lost more, but remember small losses are healthy losses. :)

Skippy - Welcome back!! Oooh, I''m so excited about the first bike ride of warm weather. DH and I haven''t gotten ours out quite yet, since it''s been rainy this week. Yes, I''m loving the fruits, too! I packed a fresh fruit salad (no sweeteners or anything added, just mixed fruit) in my lunch today. :)

Kimberly - I kinda agree with J - even a vegetarian diet needs to have other sources of protein in it. Hope you''re feeling a little bit better from your tumble - does your gym have a pool? I''ve found on days where I''m feeling really beaten up, just doing a little swimming (and I am a lousy swimmer) can get my heart rate up, my muscles warm, but I''m not putting additional stress on my body the way that running/walking would. A hot tub or massage also helps me when my body is working against me (I like how you put that - I think we''ve all felt like that!).

Dani - I hope you''re feeling better!!

SS - Take care of that wrist! Too cute about JT :)

Charger - I love the way you plan/your conversations. I try to do the same :)

Lliang - A "few" push-ups = 45? That''s pretty impressive!!

Apple - Aww, that''s awesome that your co-worker took you to lunch. How sweet!

Rod - Eeek, that doesn''t sound good about your leg - agree, staying off of it sounds smart. I hope the doc can figure it out/make it better.

Marcy - Haha, I LOVE your song :)

Bee - CONGRATS on your weight loss! That''s fantastic!!!!!

Babysteps - WELCOME!!! Haha, I thought the same thing when I popped in a few weeks ago. You''ll find this is a great group - everyone is very supportive and welcoming and happy to have more company :)

Patiently - Thanks for writing about your plateau - I''ve been worried about that topic lately. What I think it comes down to is that to lose weight, we constantly have to work harder and harder. What worked one week for weight loss won''t work next week, because your body needs a contast push. But that extra push is so hard when you''re already doing the right things! I hope journaling/mixing up the workout helps. Have you tried a class? I don''t do them often, though I did do one last night - I think it really helps to push you to your limit and it mixes up your normal routine a bit. :)

Burk - Omigosh that is adorable about T wanting her walk with you! So sweet. Hope the building is going great, too!

Stepcut- I think your diet plan sounds excellent re: modifying. I''m really cynical about those detox things, anyway, though. Good luck!

OK - signing off for now. Have a great week, everyone!! :)

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
White Orchid - I missed you! I totally agree re: sweets. I have a sweet tooth, and I know depriving myself isn''t the answer. Some of my tricks are popsicles (35 calories), dessert flavored yogurt, and sugar-free pudding (Jello just came out with one that is Boston Creme Pie - it''s delish). I also do like you do - I''ll have a piece or two of chocolate, but I''ll supplement it with some fruit, so that way I spend more time on eating dessert but I''m filling up on fruit rather than chocolate. Keep up the great workouts!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi friends, back from Intervals; I wasn't feeling too hot earlier today but thought I would go to the gym anyway. Well I think I caught my hubby's cold; he has been coughing and sick the past few days. My throat is killing me and I feel kind of warm; I am just going to warm up some chicken noodle soup and go to bed early and hope that helps.

Tomorrow is hubby's and my 9 year anniversary; I hope we go out to dinner tomorrow, if not we will celebrate this weekend.
1.gif
Have a great evening friends

BEE, my hubby loves wheetabix; his mom use to buy it in London and bring it back. Yum to strawberries!

BURK, awww, T is so stinking cute, love that!!! Yay for her and you walking!

STEPHCUTNUT, yay for hard work doing yardwork and getting back into yoga and pilates!

WHITE ORCHID, yay for the day off and glad you joined us!!!
1.gif
Yay for budgeting your calories; that is what I do with weight watchers. Yay for 2 walks today.

ELMORTON, I saw you lost weight last week; that is so awesome!!! Glad you didn't let the reception get you down, keep up the great work! Hope it warms up out there soon.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
DH came with T and I on our walk today which was fun (he''s never home when we go during the week). I made chicken chili for dinner. Then I went to step class. All in all a good day!

stepcutnut~Yay for getting to some new classes! I''m a big fan of classes.

White Orchid~WOW! Two workouts is great!!

Elmorton~Been there, done that with the eating poorly and feeling like all is lost. Good for you for getting back on track!! I tend to think it''s pretty cute that T gets so excited to go for walks, but I''m very much biased!
21.gif
Thanks for the positive thoughts about building, too, we need all the good vibes we can get.

Skippy~Aww, I''m sorry you''re getting sick! No fun. Sounds like you''re taking care of yourself and getting some rest. Hope you feel better soon!

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
Hi lovies! Just a quick note to say hi and cheer you all on! I''m hanging in there - keeping my calories around 1300 or so and not having any cravings AT ALL! I am so excited about this!!
We did our p90 workout tonight (and last night) and I feel great. I''ve been in such a happy mood the last few days and people are totally noticing. It''s actually making me self-concious... was I a grump!?
You all are doing so great and I am so thankful you are here!! I hope to write more later... back to the dreaded paper.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey......It was an OK day at work. After work I had a cup of coffee at Sbucks under the oak, then came home and had some leftover chicken for dinner. After my research last night about my leg, I found some unique stretches and did them. And the result? My leg has felt better today than it''s felt in weeks. I''m absolutely convinced I know what''s wrong and how to make it better. I may postpone my doctor''s appointment for a week and give this a chance. That''s about all I have on my end. I''m going to stay out of the gym for a few days and do these exercises at home. To keep my arms and upper body strength going, I''ll just do loads and loads of pushups........LOL

Kimberly, I''m so sorry to see you hurt yourself. You take care and it''s probably best to stay out of the gym for a while.

PW, the slight weight gain could simply be M U S C L E!!!! Working out 5x''s a week is pretty intense and that''s what happened to us. We gained weight, but not fat.

Yay for being strickt Marcy. You know it only takes a couple day for you to lose weight when you put your mind to it.........

Way to go bee* Down another stone, is great!! 38 pounds is an awesome accomplishment!!

Welcome baysteps from the lone guy on the HLT!!

I''m sorry your chicken came out tough Skippy. Yay for your nice long walk!

White Orchid, I''m a big believe in dark chocolate and do my best to have two squares every night. It''s my treat that''s good for me and my heart!!

Thanks Elmorton. Never feel you have to avoid this thread for any reason. We all go through good food/workout times and bad food/workout times.

If I missed anyone, my apologies. I''ll be back on tomorrow night. We''re having dinner together at home since Charllie''s not working tomorrow night.

Hey.....did you all see the picture of the flawless over 7 carat blue diamond that was in the news today. Oh My. It was unbelievable..........

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results