shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 25th May till 31st May

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/31/2009 1:25:16 AM
Author: laurenfischer5
I think it''s safe to say that the majority of people on PS get distracted by shiny things (diamonds?).... lol
9.gif
So true.
9.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hi All. As I mentioned things have been a bit nutty. I''ve been working 12-14 hour days and working out is on the back burner. This has been quite a hiatus for me and I''m looking forward to summer and getting back to normal. J and I have been hiking/walking when we can and eating healthily and that''s as good as it can be for now. I''m mostly satisfied with it, but I miss my normal workouts.

Dee, you look fantastic, good for you for finding your happy medium.

Marc, you are as inspiring as ever. Glad you had a nice birthday.

Bee, I hope you had a great workout and wedding planning day.

El, feel better!

Lliang, fingers crossed on the job hunting. Awesome job on the 5k, you and the dog!

Rod, sorry your leg is still hurting.

I''ll be in and out for a few more weeks.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kimi, I hope things do settle down a bit for you this summer. Glad to hear you and J are enjoying some walks and hikes. Thanks for the kind words about me.

Marty got up at 3:30 and left at 4 am. Aak. There is air to breathe that early, I am never sure. Ha Ha. I slept off and on for awhile and got up about 8:30. I made myself 2 small pieces of french toast for breakfast then ventured outside to plant my flowers. I cut off all the flowers in bloom so hopefully I will start to get some blooms in a few days.

I am off to lunch at Outback with my parents.

Have a great day!
35.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good Afternoon friends!!! Hubby and I decided to try a new bike path and it was dirt and sand roads up a steep incline for 8 miles; he bikes 3x to work and thought it was killer. Well we made it up to the foothills (with great city views) and then he said we should go down this long dirt path and when that happened my tire tube got a leak. I was about 2 miles from the house and I had hardly any air in my tire so he rode home and came and picked me and my bike up; we did 18 miles of biking (he did 20). We stopped and had a small burger since we both were famished.
3.gif

It was a great workout but I think I will shower and take a nap.
24.gif
I am suppose to go walking with my friend but I am tempted to call her and let her know I have no more energy. hehe Maybe I will change my mind this evening after the nap.
2.gif
Hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday and weekend!!!
35.gif

ROD ~ sending PS dust for tomorrow, friend!!!!

MARCY ~ sounds like a fabulous birthday, yay!!! Have a great lunch w/your folks!!!! eek, that is way too early!

SS ~ I have tried a male therapist and he thought pulling my hair would feel good, ummmm, no. lol I guess I just have bad luck?? Glad you had a great massage. Oh I love garage sales especially if they have good stuff; it is just fun to look around!!! Yay for a garlic press!!! Aww, sounds like a wonderful time with the kiddos!!!!

LAURENFISCHER ~ hehe you would have to carry the pomeranian on your walk; they are such cute doggies!!!

KIMI ~ it is good to see but sorry you are so busy! yay for hikes and eating healthy!!!

laurenfischer5

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/31/2009 2:55:29 PM
Author: Skippy123
Good Afternoon friends!!! Hubby and I decided to try a new bike path and it was dirt and sand roads up a steep incline for 8 miles; he bikes 3x to work and thought it was killer. Well we made it up to the foothills (with great city views) and then he said we should go down this long dirt path and when that happened my tire tube got a leak. I was about 2 miles from the house and I had hardly any air in my tire so he rode home and came and picked me and my bike up; we did 18 miles of biking (he did 20). We stopped and had a small burger since we both were famished.
3.gif

It was a great workout but I think I will shower and take a nap.
24.gif
I am suppose to go walking with my friend but I am tempted to call her and let her know I have no more energy. hehe Maybe I will change my mind this evening after the nap.
2.gif
Hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday and weekend!!!
35.gif

ROD ~ sending PS dust for tomorrow, friend!!!!

MARCY ~ sounds like a fabulous birthday, yay!!! Have a great lunch w/your folks!!!! eek, that is way too early!

SS ~ I have tried a male therapist and he thought pulling my hair would feel good, ummmm, no. lol I guess I just have bad luck?? Glad you had a great massage. Oh I love garage sales especially if they have good stuff; it is just fun to look around!!! Yay for a garlic press!!! Aww, sounds like a wonderful time with the kiddos!!!!

LAURENFISCHER ~ hehe you would have to carry the pomeranian on your walk; they are such cute doggies!!!

KIMI ~ it is good to see but sorry you are so busy! yay for hikes and eating healthy!!!
That''s exactly what happened last time I tried to walk with him. We were about 15 minutes into the walk and it started to sprinkle a little; He completely froze up and I had to carry him home, lol...

laurenfischer5

Shiny_Rock
I just weighed myself and.....

- Drumroll please -

I lost 6lbs!!!

So Im down from 188 to 182....

Im so happy!!!!!!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/31/2009 2:55:29 PM
Author: Skippy123

Skip, I thrive on busy, it''s when I''m happiest! Especially because I love my job so much.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Did a VERY energetic hour on the hampster wheel this morning (must have been fueled by all that residual sugar from the brownies I baked--and then ATE!--while I watched my neighbor''s kids last night
5.gif
), two sets of arms and bridges.

Not much else to report... Think I may have to go and take a nice afternoon nap...
24.gif

Hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend!
35.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.Lunch with my parents was good.I had a small steak, the inside of a baked potato and of course salad.We split a piece of peanut butter pie.I dropped them off and returned a bag of soil I didn’t need for my pots, signed up for the cake decorating class and went to Sam’s.They had Hawaiian shirt silk jackets but the only sizes left in cool colors were XS or 3X.Rats.

I watched “Bride Wars” on PPV.It was okay but not great.

I was fine with Marty’s flight until I thought about him flying for so many hours over the ocean.I am such a scaredy cat when it comes to Marty who trust me is very good at taking care of himself.I told him to call or text me in the morning when he gets there and I don’t care what time it is.

I heated up ½ of a leftover sandwich from the other day for supper and had some baked lays with it.

I did the June astronomy club newsletter and will work on our big summer star party this week.I write and ask for door prize donations and I am sure it will be a bad year understandably so with the economy the way it is right now.I also have to get the dates to the forest service and arrange for insurance.I left this to do this week so I will be busy.I also need to get my class online for summer semester and get packets put together to mail to the students enrolled in my class.

One of my young employees at work told me she is glad I am not in to the twitter craze, she’d hate to try and keep up with what I am doing.LOL.

Skippy, sorry to hear about your tire but glad you didn’t get hurt or anything.You and your husband put in a lot of miles today.I hope your nap perked you right up.

Lauren, congratulations for losing 6 pounds.

36.gif
Woo hoo!LOL at your pom freezing up and you getting to carry him home.

Kimi, I think you are like me; if I don’t have a billion things to do I am kind of lost.

DeeJay, making brownies is a great babysitting technique.They sound marvelous.

Laters,

35.gif

Marcy

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
My friend is coming over soon so we can go for our Walk
9.gif
I did take a good 40 min nap
24.gif
Hubby and I had a huge arugula salad with avocado, lots of tomatoes and cucumbers and a splash of rice vinegar and then we had a chicken breast with a side of steamed carrots; dessert will be a big bowl of strawberries.
3.gif
HAPPY SUNDAY!!!

DEEJAY, aw, sounds like a great time making brownie; I bet the neighbors kids love you!!!

LAUREN, wooo hoooo for 6 lb loss
36.gif
I knew you could do it woman; you are awesome!!!!

MARCY, I am the same way with my hubby when he travels; it just gives me peace of mind to know he arrived safely to his hotel. Hope Marty has a safe and wonderful flight. Glad you had a wonderful time with your dear parents!!!

KIMI, oh that is great! See you soon!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy - are you close enough to Denver to do a GTG in June? I'm going to be there for a few days (June 25 - 27) and am hoping to find some PSers for dinner on the 26th or lunch on the 27th.

Skippy, I just looked on Frontier Airlines and for about a hundred bucks we can get you a round trip--whaddya say?!?

And, of course, anybody else on this thread that is interested in coming too!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Okay, I am going crazy.Marty has only a little over 7 hours left on the plane.At least the flight back is only 12 hours instead of 14.

Skippy, I am glad your nap revived you and went for a walk with your friend.I picked up some strawberries and grape tomatoes at Sams today.I am stocked up for the week now.Marty’s flight arrives there at 4 am our time and he said he didn’t want to wake me but trust me I will be online checking flight status anyway.Your husband is probably like mine; they tease us and tell us not to worry but if we go anywhere and forget to let them know we made it okay then we hear about it.

1.gif
I remember your husband got stranded out because one of our storms this spring.At least that shouldn’t be a problem for awhile.

DeeJay, I am about 2 hours from Denver so YES I would love to attend at PS get together.Saturday works best for me but if it’s another day I will do what I can.I’d use a vacation day for my PS buddies.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hey all you healthy gals,

I just wanted to introduce myself over here because I''ve rejoined my local gym -
I have some fitness/toning/weightloss goals to achieve within 6months, and I know you guys
are the people to keep me motivated!

So far so good, I''ve been back at the gym for two weeks and have gone three times each week - plus the first day
I joined, I was so into it I went twice, lol! A cardio and weights circuit in the morning, than a "pump"
class in the arvo - boy did I pay for that for the next two days, ha!

I''d like to start going every second day though and make the most of the membership.
On the days I don''t go, I try to ride my bike somewhere (to the shops etc).

okay, nice to be here and looking forward to having you guys keep a foot up my butt so I make the most
of my 6 months
9.gif
35.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arjunajane, welcome! We''re happy to have you!
35.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/31/2009 11:32:53 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
35.gif

thanks Dee! I''m going to start a new thread as I''d like some advice on my routine at the gym etc -
pls feel free to pop over if you like
5.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/31/2009 11:35:19 PM
Author: arjunajane

35.gif

thanks Dee! I''m going to start a new thread as I''d like some advice on my routine at the gym etc -
5.gif
Sure! Also, Lorelei starts a new thread for us every Monday morning so if you want to hold off for the new week you will get feedback from people in the new HLT who may not see your separate thread.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/31/2009 11:37:57 PM
Date: 5/31/2009 11:35:19 PM

35.gif

5.gif

Sure! Also, Lorelei starts a new thread for us every Monday morning so if you want to hold off for the new week you will get feedback from people in the new HLT who may not see your separate thread.

ha ha, whoops - sorry Dee I was writing my thread when you were writing your reply, lol..
It''s ok, I''ll likely need ongoing advice so having the thread I think will be helpful.
But thanks for the tip on the weekly thread - how good is Lozza?!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to the team Arjunajane. Sounds like you are taking advantage of your gym membership. See you in next week's thread.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2009 12:31:47 AM
Author: marcyc
Welcome to the team Arjunajane. Sounds like you are taking advantage of your gym membership. See you in next week''s thread.

Thankyou Marcy!
I''m not a happy chappy just now - I had a nice big scenic bike ride planned for today (lovely outside,
public holiday etc).
but I woke up with "the monthlies"...grrrrr..now I sit on couch for afternoon
7.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Oh, and one thing I would really love to know if anyone can help me -
I have no idea how to convert/count calories at all -
I am going to start keeping a food diary (just started today
2.gif
), but I would love to know of any
online resources which can tell you what the calories are of your meals/foods?

I heard/read about one somewhere, but I can't remember for the life of me.!?

Thanks in advance girls!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/1/2009 4:02:06 AM
2.gif

I heard/read about one somewhere, but I can''t remember for the life of me.!?

Thanks in advance girls!
Here you go Bruddah, sparkpeople.com

http://www.sparkpeople.com/

Great to have you on the thread!!!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2009 4:06:17 AM
Author: Lorelei
Date: 6/1/2009 4:02:06 AM

2.gif

I heard/read about one somewhere, but I can''t remember for the life of me.!?

Thanks in advance girls!

Here you go Bruddah, sparkpeople.com

http://www.sparkpeople.com/

Great to have you on the thread!!!

Hey Lozza,
ha ha, you''re too quick - you quoted me before my edit
5.gif

I found that aussie site, which seems to have those resources I''m looking for.
I will take a look at Spark ppl for sure, and see which program suits me better -
thankyou for the tip bruddah, and nice to be here!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
35.gif
9.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Wow!
Spark''s amazing - thankyou Lozza! I''m very impressed with that site
36.gif

I just went through all the joining, entered all my foods etc - its fun
and I can see myself doing this every day for sure.
thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results