shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 25th May till 31st May

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Marcy - ooh, a good thing to distract me from the pain of moving! Let me know which side of the island Marty will be staying - HK side or Kowloon - and that will help me narrow some restaurant ideas - since it is his first visit to HK I will also give some ideas of ''must do''/''don''t miss'' things that he might want to take in if time permits!
1.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Dee*Jay - you are hard core! That is awesome. You know, I too am a slave to the number on the scale... but it depends on my activity to what that number actually means. It took me a long time to realize that when I was lifting weights and hardcore strength training 2 hours every day+ cardio, that I was 5 pounds heavier just because of the extra muscle. But if I looked at my body, I was happy. I was firm, and I didn''t jiggle like I do now... at the SAME WEIGHT (on the scale)!
40.gif
But with your activity, I''d say you''re a fit lady. There is a battle of the number.. so sometimes when the number bothers you, think about what that number represents, if it is a clothing size... cut the tag out. No one can tell if it is a bigger size, but people can sure tell when it is too small! But as size 2, that is a COVETED size. YOU ARE SMALL!

Tacori - love the new AV! Your daughter is precious! Thanks for your words of encouragement! I hope you have fun in your classes this week, and I hope your buddy is back to encourage you to push it to the limit!
9.gif

Rod- your breakfast sounds delicious! I''m glad your chiro appts are working to relieve the sciatica pain!

marcy- lasagna sounds yum! I actually prefer the "healthy" lasagna!!

babysteps- your workouts sound fun, and I hope you enjoyed your girls night out! I love that it was thrown in your honor! Kind of hard to be on regimine when you''re the special guest!!! Enjoy!
36.gif

bee*- you rock star, getting up to do step aerobics! I wish I had that love for classes like you do! It is really impressive how you mix it up too! Good luck on your exam, I''m sure you''ll knock it out!

jcarley- I hope your ankle improves!!!

geckodani- I''m sorry about the pet! I know how difficult it can be when you want a pet so bad, only to find out you are allergic. (I had to give up my bet rabbit years ago because my mom was allergic. It made her get hives really bad - and we couldn''t keep it.) I am glad you were able to control the emotional eating, and hope that the swelling is just due to fluid retention.

Today I did NOT want to get out of bed. My tushie was SORE SORE SORE from monday''s workout... you know what they say about the 2nd day! Wow, pushing the resistance on the elyptical, made me feel what I had been lacking in some of my running workouts... hmm... time to evaluate... BUT I did get out the door. I ran my 30 minutes, cleaned up and walked to work. What a nice morning for a run too! Only 68* thank GOODNESS! For breakfast I cut up strawberries, and put ontop of my cottage cheese... YUM! I also packed a veggie medley for my midmorning snack! YUM!

"Goals are the fuel in the furnace of achievement." Brian Tracy, Eat that Frog

Everyone - have a great hump day!
35.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I ended up not doing a second workout yesterday, but DH had sprained his ankle over the weekend so he tried Jillian''s 30 day shred-1 and liked it. I had a repeat of yesterday''s workout today. Might go walking with a coworker today after work, but it looks like rain, so we''ll see.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I hate playing catch up on this thread...
7.gif
I have nothing really to report so far this week because my week has basically been laying in bed and watching movies. I finally had an appetite last night, so DH brought home Mexican chicken and rice soup, and I downed some tortillas and chips, too. My sinuses are still a little stuffed, but other than that I''m feeling a lot better. I''m really getting stressed about our bedroom reno, though - my grandma called on Monday and said that she, my grandpa, and my cousins (with their kids) want to swing by since my cousins are going to be in town and haven''t seen our house. I think we would have been able to finish had I not gotten sick for two days. We made so much progress on Monday. All the baseboards have had the paint stripped. We just need to sand the whole shebang, do the varnish, and re-paint the walls. Keep your fingers crossed for me! I''m so ready for my house to be put back together. I''m sick of sleeping in the guestroom and climbing over the bed to get to my closet.

Lorelei- Great opener! That''s actually one of my tricks too - I promise myself the minimum and then I''m proud of myself when I exceed my goal. Also, funny you should mention "the sauce" - I''m addicted to balsamic vinegar on salads (and strawberries, tomatoes, mozz cheese..yum!) right now. We have a pomegranite balsamic in the pantry now that I could pretty much drink I love it so much, haha.

Bee - I hope your exam went well today!!

Skippy - CONGRATS on being so close to your goal and for your 5 lb loss!! Wahooo!!!

Appletini - Enjoy the pool!

Lauren - Welcome!

Marcy - Mm, the lasagna sounds delish! I didn''t know that you''d lost so much! That''s amazing!!!!!!! Where are these pics that everyone is talking about? I''m really curious! I find before and afters (of REAL people) so motivating. There are a couple people at my WW mtgs who have lost a lot of weight, and just being in the same room with them makes me feel like I can do it too.

Rod - Your memorial day lobster meal sounds AMAZING. It''s so hard to get good lobster in the midwest that I''ve pretty much given up. Your description had me drooling.

Lliang - You are going to LOVE having a trainer! I miss mine SO much. Bummer about not having the outside world over the weekend. I know what that''s like! Still, it''s good to be around friends and attend a beautiful wedding.

Jcarlylew- Ick, the weekend drinks with friends are what get to me, too. It''s amazing how much it adds up (and I''m by no means a drinker). I LOVE the ww online thingie. I make it my stop before PS. Do you track your activity, too? I get really proud of tracking my workouts, even though it''s not as much fun to track food. My goal is to get as many activity points as weekly points. I haven''t done it yet, though.

Tlh- Great job on your race! I liked your outlook about it.

Dee*Jay - I think accepting that a happy weight range is not your *ideal* weight range is a really smart move. I''m nowhere near figuring out what I want my goal weight to be (I haven''t been near my suggested BMI since ohhh 6th grade? So I have no idea what *healthy* is for me), but one of my best friends and I were talking about weight loss goals/happy weights. She said she knows she can get down to 130-140, but what''s realistic for her to maintain/makes her feel happy is actually 150. We''ve been friends for a long time, and I know that when she''s down to 130, it usually because she''s not eating right/too busy to eat, and I think she looks best at 150, too - healthy and happy. There''s definitely a visual difference between healthy thin and pushing the limits to be thin.

Tacori - Tessa''s new photo is adorable!!! Great job on getting to the gym w/o your workout buddy last week!

Babysteps - Oh! What did you think of bodypump? I still haven''t made it to that class yet, though I''ve been meaning to try.

Gecko -
8.gif
What a hard weekend. I''m glad you could snap out of the emotional eating. I know it''s difficult.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone for the compliments on my sweet girl. She is tough
2.gif
I am going to pilates today. I really don''t LOVE it but love how sore I am after. It is kinda boring for me b/c I am used to my fast pace cardio classes.

Rod, I realized I have worked out pretty steadily (minus a few vacations) since Feb 1st. That is good for me! I am glad it is sticking b/c I know I MUST look better and I do feel better. Sorry to hear about the dentist. I am surprised they didn''t call you too.

Marcy, sorry your ice cream wasn''t good. Hate to waste those calories
2.gif

babysteps, I do better with classes too. I think b/c I am naturally lazy so I don''t want to look weak or give up in a class if that makes sense. Have a great time on your girls'' night out! Jealous! T drinks from the hose too. It is so funny. I have a feeling we will spending lots of time at the pool this summer. Twins...you are super mom! Don''t know how you mothers with multiples do it.

bee*, wow! You must be in AWESOME shape!!!

tlh, It is easy to get discouraged. I''m there for sure! I am only 3 lbs away from my pre-baby weight but it ain''t looking good! My body has changed and not in good ways! I think I would have to lose even more to look the same as before if that makes sense.

El, thanks it is a great camera! Glad to hear you are feeling better!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone for the comments about the job. I''ve got a few more recruiters etc calling me, but I was pretty bummed yesterday. I took the dog on a 2.5 mile walk after obsessively eating for 3 hours. I ate al the leftovers in the fridge. Bad bad bad. Today I''ve been really good. Small breakie, a chickpea salad for lunch, some cherries for a snack. Decent water, but I''ll probably drink another liter sooner or later. Dinner might be out, but I''ll try to make it a healthy dinner. My sis and I are hitting Ikea with a girlfriend to get some stuff for planting our balconies. I''m on the fence if I should still use a trainer since I don''t exactly have a job lined up, but James is all about me getting one. I was really down yesterday and I interpreted that as he thinks I''m too fat, so I started feeling even MORE down. I''m better today.

Dee, Awesome on the workouts!

Tacori, Such a cutie pie picture!!! Great job on hitting the classes without a buddy. I fall off the wagon when I don''t have a buddy.

Rod, I hear you on the time flying when you have days off!!! I''m glad to hear the chiro is helping. Here''s to hoping you''ll be back to 100% soon.

Marcy, James likes the Smores slow churned flavor. He also loves just about all ice cream. When''s Marty going to HK? I''ve never been there, that''d be awesome.

Beach, Wher are you moving to? I''ve always wanted to go on a shopping blitzkrieg around the world to places like China, India, etc. One day some day. Sounds like you''re doing really well. I hope you enjoyed your girls night.

Bee, How was your exam? Great you hit step to blow steam off before your exam. Hope you can blow some steam off later with all your classes. You''re so awesome to get so many workouts in!

Jcarly, how''s the foot? Bummer! I hate it when your body starts falling apart. Mine isn''t quite put back together yet, but hopefully soon.

Gecko, sorry about the dog.
7.gif
There''s a lot of hypoallergenic (or less allergy aggravating) dogs out there. My sister is really allergic and we did a lot of research. Let me know if you want any suggestions. No internet was rough but it was only 2 days so it was only a short withdrawal.

TLH, I love that sore workout feeling. It makes me feel like I really kicked some tail!!! You''re still doing stellar with your mileage, keep it up!

Elmorty, Glad you''re feeling better. I''m keeping my fingers crossed on your reno project. Sounds like you got a lot done.

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone! I''ve been slack in posting this week. I have been falling off the good eating wagon slowly but surely over the past couple of weeks, but I am trying to get back on today! I didn''t have time to work out yesterday since I was making a cake for a work b-day today, so extra bad since I then ATE the cake today! There is a workout in my future this evening though. I am planning on 30 day shred level 1 & another circuit workout from Fitness magazine. Then tomorrow is a running day.

I went running Monday, decided to do one fast mile (10 minutes, whoo) do some sprints and then do a slow jog to cool down. I did about 30 minutes and in total went about 2.51 miles. Since I''m not training hardcore for anything right now I need to figure out how much I want to run and when. I have a 2 mile race in July that I''d like to finish under 20 minutes, but I do want to keep up longer distances since I''m thinking of doing a 10K in October.

I need to run, but did want to say Elmorton - hope you feel better soon & Liang - sorry about the job, I''m sure something better will come around!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I hate my office... GRRR... okay today is a FOOD DAY. What is it with having so many freaking food days! Guess where they keep the food... in the cubicle NEXT TO MINE. I resisted all day... and then I had a brownie... AND some pineapple cake. It was soo tastey... but man if I actually resisted today, I''d have deserved a medal for real. I think resisting these food days is harder than training for a marathon! So, I am trying to convince the hubs to go out walking with me tonight... he is balking, but I''m trying to use the fact it is less that 100* outside as a selling point. We''ll see....

appletini - the fact your DH is liking the 30 day shred, has my interest peaked... I may need to puruse Amazon! I that it is nice and that you get to walk with the co-worker after work.

elmorton - sending bob villa vibes your way!!!!

tacori- way to go on working out consistently for 17+ weeks! That is amazing! Have fun in pilates, and strengthening your core! Yes, you totally made sense. I haven''t had any babies, but my body holds weight a lot differently than it did 10 even 5 years ago. Because of that, I have no idea, how much I want to weigh.. or even where a goal weight would or should be.

lliang_chi- I''m sorry you had a binge, but you can always correct the evils of yesterday! I''m glad you got the walk in, as exercise can really help release endorphines which would make you feel better. I''m sure your DH only meant that he wants to make you happy w/the PT and not calling you heavy. I''m glad you are doing better today, and that recruiters are calling. I wish you the best!!!

*~*Danielle*~*- see above about the eating of cakes... I totally fell off any wagon. As far as your running and training goes, the rule of thumb is that you can take 1 week off and resume where you last started... but every week after that you lose 1/4 of what you had before... and after 1 month, you''ll have to start from scratch. So if you have a 10k in october, and you''re already running 5+ miles, you have 18-21 weeks to prepare for it... so taht is plenty of time to make sure you are 100%. A good training program I like to do in running is not to add junk miles (miles that don''t serve a purpose)... and also make sure not to skip your rest-recovery days. Great job working on your speed! That will really help, at the end of an endurance race, so that you can kick it into high gear at the end. (Just be sure when you''re training to vary your running workouts, ie - fartleks, slow pace days, short distance days, long runs etc.) So basically, to keep the longer distances up, you''d just need to run 1 long day a week... keep around 5-7 miles (gradually increasing 1/2 mile a week, or 1 mile a week, wahtever you find comfortable), and do 1 speed workout a week - in the olden days we called these curves... if running on a track, you''d run a dead sprint on the straights, and walk on the curves... we''d do this for several miles. You''d only need to do this for about 2-3 miles to find it effective. You dont want to run as fast as you can for an entire mile... you want to BURST all the energy you have on a sprint like 100-200 meters or so - and then walk to recover. This is best done outdoors. If you see a tree a little ways in the distance, SPRINT to it, walk to your next object 100-200 meters away (or about 1-2 minutes to recover).. and repeat. This will really help you to finish that 2 miler in under 20 minutes. The other runs, keep around 3-4 miles or whatever you''re comfortable with. Best wishes, I hope this helps! (BTW you really did awesome on the 5 miler - I''m glad you were able to compete and that your ankle is doing better!)

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Evening everyone! Step aerobics class was great this morning. Really enjoyed it. Had my oral exam as well and it went really well. The external examiner was so nice and the two lecturers that were questioning me were nice too so I''m hoping that it will bring my mark up a bit. I''m going to the outlets tomorrow morning with a friend to help her pick a dress for my wedding so I''m really looking forward to that.

jcarly-sorry to hear that your foot is sore. I hope that it''s better soon!

gecko-sorry to hear that you had to take the dog back. Your gain is probably water retention if you can''t get your rings off.

tlh-yay for getting out and running!! Sorry to hear about your sore tushie!!

appletini-sorry to hear that your DH sprained his ankle.

El-glad to hear that you''re feeling a bit better and that your appetites improving!

Tacori-I''m definitely not in awesome shape! It''s improving though. I''d like to be where I want to be weightwise at the end of the summer.

lliang-exam was good thankfully! That''s promising that recruiters are contacting you. I know that disappointing feeling though when you don''t get a job. It sucks!

Danielle-well done for getting out and running on Monday. I''m sure you''ll get back on the healthy eating wagon.

Talk to you all tomorrow. Night!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi friends, it was sunny earlier today
1896249wrr738gi7w.gif
and now it is raining. I was ready to go for a walk; hopefully in 10 mins it will stop and then I can go? eta: it stopped now so I am off on my walk
9.gif
I went to the chiropractor because my shoulder was killing me but he fixed me right up.
1.gif
I need to catch up on some reading tonight too.

Oh hubby and I had burgers at this little burger place; I haven't had a burger in 5 months I would say. I budgeted my calories for the burger (just mustard, lettuce, and tomato) and it was delicious and I ate 4 french fries. hehe

ELMORTON, I am so sorry you have the flu
39.gif
You poor sweetie pie; I hope you get plenty of sleep and feel better soon!

LISA, I am sorry; I bet an even better job is waiting for you. huge hugs. glad you took the sweet doggies for a walk.

DEEJAY, you look fab in your pictures that Tacori posted; you are tiny.
1.gif
I am with you; I have a more realistic happy weight too that I am going with because I know I can maintain it while working out and enjoying an indulgence every now and then. I think when you are working too hard to be a certain weight then it isn't fun but if you are enjoying life and you look Great then enjoy that range!

TACORI, thanks, I hope you had a great time at Pilates! yay for being sore!

ROD, I am glad ou got out of your dentist appt; that is rediculous they made that appt for you and then had you waiting, grr! Yum to chicken and a wonderful evening with your sweet kitty Sakai! I am planning on going for a walk in a few mins here.

MARCY, oh no about the slow churned, that is good to know! Yay girl for your walk!!!

BABYSTEPS, woo hoo for Body PUMP!!!! Yay for spin and lifting and a PT session!!! Wow, you are awesome! Enjoy your girls night out!!!

JCARLY, sorry about the foot, take it easy. hugs and hope it is better soon.

GECKO, oh no to hives and taking the dog back; I am allergic to them and love them. I am so sorry. hugs. thanks!!

TLH, yay for a sore booty, you got an awesome workout!!! Yay for a run and cooler weather!!! Yum to strawberries and cottage cheese. do you like Fage? You deserve a medal for having that food next to you; I bet you didn't have a big piece either, so kudos! omg, lol, to it not being 100 for a walk as a selling point. I can walk in that type of weather if the sun is a bit set.

APPLE, poor dh, hope he feels better.

DANIELLE, yay for a run Monday; you are awesome!!! How is the ankle?

BEE, yay for step aerobics lady!!! so happy for you on your oral exams!!!!! how exciting about the wedding dress!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pilates was good. We had a sub and she was really sweet. I stayed after to ask her about my flexibilty issues. She said I was not so hopeless (I can touch my ankles) and promised me it would improve with time and pilates. Then we started talking about baby weight (she has a 3 year old and 15 month old) and she could relate to how hard it is to lose it. She suggested another class she teaches called Quick Fit so hopefully I can try it. Then we started talking about diet and seems like we both have issues there. Haha. It makes me feel better to know everyone has issues (I thought she had a nice body).

lliang, it is really difficult to go to the gym solo but I did it! I need to b/c summer is basically here and I am not looking my best. Have fun at Ikea! I haven''t been in so long. DH can be really insensitive sometimes. I know it is just him (and how he was raised) but it still hurts. The classic is when he says "you would be so hot if you lost x lbs" or "your butt doesn''t look so big today!" I know he doesn''t *mean* it to be cruel but it is hard not to be hurt by those types of comments.

tlh, poor you and food day! I would have caved too. Sounds like you were pretty restrained considering the temptation. Has it been 17+ weeks already? That kinda of depresses me that I am not at my goal or look better then!
39.gif
My problem area is the spare tire (lower belly and love handles). Hard to lose.

Bee*, glad your exam went well! Have fun shopping! I bet you will reach your goal in no time.

Skippy, I miss the sun! I am impressed you can eat only 4 fries! I have no control when it comes to my favorite foods.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Back from a 3.5 mile walk; it was nice and cool after the rain but it got dark or else I would have gone longer. Hope everyone has a great evening!

TACORI, yay for pilates! Sounds like a great teacher! lol, about the fries, now put pizza in front of me and that is a different story!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.......This has to be a qucik flyby........Work was long today. I had a lot to get caught up on after being out for 5 days. Charlie was off this evening so we had a nice dinner at home. We had a glass of wine on the terrace and watched sailboats in the bay. It was a lovely evening. After dinner we had a cup of coffee at Sbucks. I had to do more work tonight, so it''s now time to shut down so I can get some rest in order to start a new day. Tomorrow''s a gym night for me, so I''ll check in afterwards, but it will be a short checkin again.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
hi everyone, thank you so much for the warm wishes on my foot! i did the ellipitcal for 28 minutes, doing the weightloss trainer, on a 4-8 resistance. woohoo! kicked my booty, but i feel great doing it. i really had to drag myself down the stairs though, to get going!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hi All,

I''m here, I''ve just not had the opportunity to read and post the last few weeks. The teacher who had surgery is still out, so I''m covering for her which is taking up lots of my time and we were out of town for the long weekend.

I''ll be back this weekend to post more. I miss all of you, too. And welcome to all the new joiners!

K

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Afternoon everyone! I went shopping with my friend today but we couldn''t find any dresses. We had a lovely lunch there though-I had smoked salmon, rocket, avocado and tomato salad. It was really tasty and I managed to stay away from the bread. My friend''s got a chicken salad and that looked delicious as well. I''m debating whether to go to the gym today or tomorrow-I''m having one day as a day off and can''t decide which day to choose. Decisions, decisions...

Skippy-I don''t know how you managed to only eat four chips! That''s willpower! I tend to just totally resist them as I''m not sure if I could only eat a couple. glad you enjoyed your walk!

Tacori-that''s great that the instructor was so understanding. I think it always helps when they''re in the same position.

marcy-it definitely sounds like she was thinking of other problems as well as most people would have laughed it off. Try not to feel bad. I always think that lasagna and shepherds pie taste better when they''re a day or two old. I''d love to do a cake decorating course-I checked last week and we don''t have many over here. I''ll have to keep an eye out.

Rod-sounds like you had a lovely evening. Have a good day in work and the gym today!

jcarly-yay for your tough work out!

Kimberly-looking forward to hearing more from you at the weekend!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
HI everyone!!

Yesterday we hit Ikea I got some pot holders for my balcony so my herbs will be off the ground. I still need a few more, or just deal with the remaining herbs being on the ground. After Ikea I played chauffeur and picked James up from a retirement party at work, swung by so he can pick up some stuff for school, dropped him and my friend off, then drove sis and I to the PT consultation. The consultation went well, I signed up for 3 months. Hopefully I'll get a job soon enough and it won't seem like a frivolous expenditure that I should avoid... Right now it kinda feels that way. But the trainer is really good, and he said we'll need to work out 4x's a week, twice with him and twice on our own. We have each other for motivation and the threat the he'll kick our butts even harder if we don't do it. I told him I want to have my butt kicked into shape, as long as he doesn't yell at me. :)

Today my goals are: DON"T eat the leftover pizza in the fridge. I gave myself ONE piece, and that's it!!! Hit some kind of workout, either yoga or running. I'm leaning towards running. I wanna do my 4 miler today, but we'll see. I might or might not go over to sis's to help her pack. And James might or might not be working late on school stuff. So there's a lot of "we'll see-s" today.

Tomorrow I have a garden party girls night with my friend we went to Ikea with. She wants help planting her deck and she has no idea what to do. So she needs help. I dunno, sometimes I think women think it's cute to be "helpless" but I think it's annoying...

FYI: the trainer told me interval training is the best to burn calories. So quick bursts in sprints/near springs, with a slower (50-60% intensity) for recovery. He said that you get a lot of post workout calorie burn that way. So for those of you that are doing elliptical and treadmill workouts, most machines have an interval program.

Danielle, I hear you on falling off the wagon. But we're here to help you get back on it!!!I totally think you can do your race in under 20 mins.

TLH, hope you went on your walk. I totally know what you mean by having tempting food so close to you. I work from home so it's really hard to keep myself from chowing on the leftovers... But today's a new day and you definitely can add to your mileage to make up for the small food indiscretions.

Bee, hope you have fun shopping. My sister and I need to fine a BM dress for her for my wedding. It's not really the best time to do it, the color is plum and there's very little plum in stores right now, but it's fun to go shopping with her.

Skip, Wow, only 4 french fries! You have way more willpower than I do. I LOVE french fries...

Tacori, Hooray for pilates class! I'm so in awe on how you approach your teachers after class. I always feel way too intimidated to do that. I also agree with your sub that your flexibility will definitely get better the more you do pilates. I used to only be able to touch my ankles, but with yoga, I'm now flat palming the ground. It took about 2 months of going to yoga 2-4 times a week. Maybe you can do some basic stretching after your Zumba classes since your body is already warmed up.

Marcy, you're not a bully. I would feel awful too, but it's okay, I'm sure that lady will come around.

Rod, I love watching sailboats on the water. My neighbor's (we both take care of the community garden) partner has a sailboat. Whenever I'm really good and do a lot of work in the garden they offer to take me out, but the weather conditions never line up. I'm so in love with sailboats, I think they're so romantic.

Jcarly, see my little note about interval training. I know you do a lot of ellip workouts, the trainer said you burn calories 24-48 hours AFTER your workout because of the intensity level. And you burn more post workout than a steady state workout when you run/workout at a steady elevated state.

Kim, Welcome back!!!!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
bee*- I''m thrilled your exam went so well! That is always encouraging! I''m glad you had fun shopping with your friend. It is always fun to go out with girlfriends to find something nice for a special occassion. Sorry you couldn''t find anything but dinner sounds YUMM!!

skippy- way to wait the rain out! I''m sorry to hear that your shoulder was bothering you, but it is fantastic that your chiro was able to get you all squared away! Dinner sounds fab also, I cannot remember the last time I had a burger. I know the last time I had a hotdog was October 4, 2008 after a charity run... aren''t I like SAD?!? Way to save the calories for the french fries!!!
18.gif
I''ve had those more recently, like... last weekend? haha! Your walk sounds fab! I managed to convince the DH to walk with me last night... 3 miles, wasn''t too bad either. I like just walking with the hubs and talking about the day to unwind - sure beats watching summer programming!

tacori - don''t worry, I have flexibility issues too! I can no longer even touch my toes... and I could as of last year, how quickly it goes when you don''t keep it up! So that is something I am also trying to work on... I hate that my hamstrings are as tight as they are, it causes other issues down the road, but stretching is boring, so for me because I don''t enjoy it, like I do other workouts, I neglect it... I''m bad, but I am working on it. I hope you can find the time to do quick fit and that you enjoy it. I think everyone has struggles, and I know it shouldn''t be this way, but I''ll tell you my DH is like MR Fit, and I was soooo frickin UNBELIVEABLY HAPPY when he got sidelined with "runner''s knee". It sounds horrible, but like I have had a string of injuries now that I am older, and I felt that he was not being very empathetic to what I was going through. It wasn''t until mr. indestructable felt the pain, too that I actually felt better, and that I wasn''t "the weak one"... if that makes any sense? And I wouldn''t beat yourself up for not being at your goal weight. A goal is a moving target. Things happen, life happens, as things get offtrack, just readjust your goal - and keep your timeline flexible.

marcy- wow, I thought your joke was funny, until she ended up crying, I know I''d feel bad too, even though it was probably something else that triggered that emotional response. The cake decorating class sounds AWESOME!!!! I''d retake too if I missed! Thanks for the kitchen tip... I might try that next week when we have yet another food day!
2.gif

Rod- your evening sounds divine, like something from a novel.

jcarley- way to squeeze a workout in, you rock!

kimberlyH - thanks for checking in!
35.gif

lliang_chi - you''ll have to tell me how you like the trainer. My DH was my trainer for awhile, and it really made me HATE HIM. Which was fun for the nighttime hours, but really made me cranky at the gym with my DH yelling 10 more, at one point I think I actually told him I would hit him... so it might not be safe for the trainer... haah! I know what you mean about the helpless friends... I take all that pent up frustration I get at people and tear it up on the pavement, or at the gym. Intervals and circuits... those are AWESOME ways to shred off the fat... that and eating right. Sucks that I am so good at only 2 out of 3 of those!

Everyone else, have a killer Thursday!!!!

This morning I got up and ran my usual 30 minute wake up run. Felt good to have the wind at my face. When I came home, my DH surprised me by making me an oatmeal pancake. They aren''t bad, but you know you''re eating healthy. He also puts sugar free syrup on it... so I''ll probably have bad gas later from all the sugar alcohol.
40.gif
But, he was a sweetie pie on the surprise! Today for lunch, I''ll probably go upstairs and make myself a nice green salad. I know this weekend will be rough! We''re heading to Vegas tomorrow, and since one of my best friends will be proposing to his GF while we are there, there will be a lot of celebrating going on and that = +++++ calories! But I looked at my training calendar, and I have the entire summer to get fit. So I''ll be mindful in what I put into my body, but not to the point of hindering the fun of the occassion. Plus, I''ve already talked my DH into getting up early with me, and I''ve plotted out a several mile course to walk while we''re there... if I miss time in the hotel''s gym, at least I''ll be walking the strip!

"Improvement begins with I." Arnold H. Glasgow
"Yesterday''s home runs don''t win today''s games." Babe Ruth

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Back from a beautiful 4 mile walk this morning
9.gif
emhot.gif
Oh on the fries; hubby ordered a small so we could share so there weren't too many to begin with. hehe I woke up hungry this morning so I ate 2 cheese sticks (trader Joes' low fat mozzarella). I have some reading to do today. Hope everyone has a great day where you are
35.gif

MARCY, maybe that girl got some warnings in her work (or something else) which made her sensitive; I am sorry, that would be stressful. yum for grilled steak!! enjoy the strawberries; they have a lot of bang for the buck which I love! hehe

ROD, glad you enjoyed some wine watching the boats, NICE!!!! Have a great workout!

JCARLY, great job on the workout!

KIMI, sooo good to see you; I missed you!!!

BEE, I love smoked salmon, yum and avocado super yummy!!! sorry about the dresses. I will try and remember to take pics of Trevor for you and Amber!!!

LLIANG, yay for Ikea goodies!!!You had a busy day!!! great job signing up for a PT over the next 3 months; you will be in uber shape, yay!!! Oh my goodness my intervals kicked my butt seriously!!!! THE BEST CLASS EVER, yes do intervals, it is super awesome!! yay for doing intervals
1.gif

TLH, awwwwww, what a sweet hubby
12.gif
yay for your RUN, you are superwoman!!!! I haven't had a hot dog in years. I try not to eat high fat meats like fast food burgers if I can help it for the most part. Hubby has high cholesterol so we try to be careful and eat more chicken breasts; he rides to work on his bike because of that. my weakness is pizza though! I make my own whole wheat thin crust and go thin on the toppings and use pineapple. hehe

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Hello Healthy Lifestylers
35.gif

I found an interesting website that you may know about, but just in case:
http://www.caloriesperhour.com/

I have found the calculators really helpful. I''ve been writing every little thing that I eat down for about a month to figure out what I need to change up and how I can eat healthier and last but not least, hopefully drop some pounds
9.gif

Keep up the great work everybody!! I lurk here and am just amazed and impressed with all of you!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
hello HLTers!

just a quick drive-by from me. we got back from vacation earlier this week- argentina was AWESOME! the food (and wine) was delish. i ate and ate and ate and ate... (and drank!)

i plan to hit the gym treadmill tomorrow and do a run this weekend. just some "easy-ish" activity to get me ready for next week, as I start another session of bootcamp on monday. my trainer will get me right back on the wagon in no time.

hope everyone is doing well!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

HI ganagaronni--new faces and "old"!!!
9.gif
35.gif

Had a marvy workout in the pool today--that darn current tried to sweep me away--but I fought it! I''ll be sore tomorrow....

Otherwise I have been running/walking/biking outdoors. Weather has been cooperating.

Keep well folks!

cheers--Sharon

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Did 65 mins on the hampster wheel this morning (but the time flew by because I was talking with one of my neighbors--who is setting me up on a lunch date on Sunday with some guy that she knows!), two hard sets of arms and 100 bridges. Ack! And I have to confess that I... um... maybe didn't actually work out yesterday...
6.gif
Yes, I know... What can I say?

Went to the new Whole Foods that opened near me today (Lliang and El, have you been there yet???). It is FABULOUS! I was going to have something "good" for lunch. Then, as I walked around the food court and perused the options, I was going to have something *good* so that I could have a bit of gelatto afterwards. And ultimately I had something *bad* (orange chicken--I can only imagine how many millions of calories was in that!) AND I had the gelatto too.
23.gif
As you can imagine, I am being SUPER good tonight!

Gotta bolt off and get something together for a client. Later gators!

ETA: Thanks all for the perspective on what a nut-case I am about the size 0/2 thing. To quote one of the guys I go to the gym with: Gee, Dee, OCD much? LOL!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Bad HLTer! MIA again!!

We''ve been crazy around here lately, and of course, I let the yoga slip again! I think I should find a new series or DVD or something. I still love doing the yoga, but I don''t get excited about it anymore. (I think because the only challenge left --on this yoga series-- is the crane, and let''s face it..THAT AIN''T GONNA HAPPEN!) I have been doing fairly well with my eating. Somehow, I''ve managed to avoid 2 birthday cakes all together! I actually bought a cake mix and am keeping it in the pantry. I''ve convinced myself that if I need cake bad enough to have a box cake, then I can have it. I haven''t gotten to that point yet, but I feel it coming.
3.gif

I had my first deep tissue massage. It was so good! So, since I was feeling so great, I decided to lug 5 gallon buckets of stones to outline my garden. Talk about a workout! I have to go back down to the creek tomorrow and harvest some more! (I refuse to PAY for rocks) After climbing up and down creek beds and sides carrying a bucket of rocks, I think I''ll call that a workout for the day!

I keep trying to catch up, but then everything changes (around here). If someone wants to give me a quick rundown, that would be SOO great!

Have a great tomorrow!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey......It was a loooooong day for sure. A productive one, so that was good. I had a candidate in an interview for a great position that lasted 8 straight hours. Talk about marathon interview. And it went really well for him, so we''re expecting an offer. I had to leave work around 5 for my chiropractor appointment. He think''s I''m making progress. Albeit slow progress, but some progress is better than none. From there I went to the gym and worked out for 2.5 hours. I still can''t do cardio as that hurts my leg, but I''m trying to make up for it by supersetting my way through the gym to keep my heart rate up. My arms are sore. That''s a good thing. Tomorrow''s Friday. YAYAYAYAY. We''re having our usual Friday night sushi, froyo and coffee under the oak. I''ll do the gym Saturday. Then the thing I asked you all for PS Dust is Sunday. I''m going out of town for a couple days. I''m still not going to go into it, but would appreciate being re-dusted.

Sorry for not saying to hi to everyone individually, but I''m just pooped and I still have some work to do.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Good evening everyone!!!!

Today I did okay. I didn''t eat any of the pizza except for that one small piece. Huzzah! But James didn''t finish it so it''s still in our fridge. Booo. Tomorrow I''m going to pretend it''s not there. I didn''t go on my 4 miler but hit my usual 5K circuit with the dog. She''s getting better at running. I made spaghetti & meatballs, and broke my fettuccine cutter
7.gif
So now I need to buy a new set of pasta rollers or find something on ebay.

TLH, I totally agree with you that stretching is so boring. I never stretch when I run, which is probably bad. But I like yoga, so I get my stretching in that way. James is Mr. Fit too. He looses weight like it''s going out of style!!! It''s so unfair! I''ll keep you posted on the trainer. I would HATE training with James. We don''t even go to the same gym! 30 min wake up run is awesome. I don''t think I could ever motivate myself to do that. You''re a rockstar. Your hubby sounds like the sweetest for making you a pancake.

Skip, 4 mile walk is awesome!!! Enjoy the sunshine and nice weather!!! I love Ikea too. I seriously need to try doing an intervals class when I get back to joining a gym. I did some wimpy intervals on my run today. very wimpy, probably only got 30 min post workout burn.

Libster, welcome to the thread!!!
35.gif

Charger, glad to hear you had such a great vacation!!! I love Argentina. Did you do any shopping down there? I came back with 9 pairs of shoes... Hooray for bootcamp. Just in time to look hot hot HOT for the summer!

Sharon, Hooray for the pool workout. Do you swim or do some other kind of pool activity? Biking, running & walking is always so refreshing when the weather''s nice!

Dee, I haven''t gone to the new Whole Paycheck. Maybe I''ll give it a whirl this weekend. I almost never shop there, so I have not inkling to go. Plus the farmers'' markets have started up and I''d way prefer to go there.

Shiny, can''t give you any suggestions for yoga DVDs, but just wanna say I hope things get less crazy for you. How''s your wrist?

Rod, DUST DUST DUST for Sunday!!! I hope everything works out for you and Charlie. Sushi sounds awesome.

Take care everyone!

~Lisa

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
just a quick duck in before bed. I woke up at noon and then spent the majority of the day in prompt care... (which DH pointed out was neither prompt and care is a bit of a stretch also). Our old GP left the practice/changed "brands" so we were left high and dry w/o a doctor. Since we''re basically healthy, we hadn''t worried about it, but then when I felt lousy on Monday, we couldn''t find a SINGLE doctor that would take a new patient/see me and my throat felt horrific last night, so we went with prompt care after I woke up. Bad news is that it''s yet another sinus infection (this is my 4th in 6 months...not happy), but good news is that the person who saw me gave us a rec for a really good GP, so I''ll be making the call tomorrow to get us switched over so I don''t have to watch an entire afternoon of CBS in the waiting room at prompt care ever again.

I''ve gained back my sick weight - I don''t really know how since I haven''t eaten anything remotely close to a proper day''s food in a whole week, but I can tell I''m feeling a little bit better because DH had me laughing (and OH did it hurt!) in the waiting room, and I''m healthy enough to REALLY COMPLAIN, haha.

My only real HLT news is that I got word today that for the wedding I''m in (July), we''re all waking up on the wedding day and doing a 5k with the bride and groom. DH and I are so pumped, because we''re missing a big race at home that weekend, so we''re really excited to do the 5k with our friends whom we never see and I think it will be on campus at the Naval Academy which will be really cool, I think.

MAN am I ready to join the ranks of you active folks!! Being sick isn''t fun at all. Everyone sounds like they''re doing a great job this week. Keep it up!!

and Rod - DUST!!! DUST!!!! DUST!!! I hope it works out for you on Sunday!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.

35.gif
I can’t believe the weekend is almost here again.I stayed after work today and helped Marty move his office.It was only about 20 feet but behind a locked door so I had to walk back and forth a lot.I stayed about 90 minutes then it was down to he had to put things away or figure out where things go so I came home.I figured walking back and forth between offices sufficed for my treadmill walk tonight.

Rod, watching sailboats from the terrace enjoying a glass of wine sounds like a fine way to end the day.Glad to hear your leg is getting better.My mega PS dust is coming your way for Sunday.

Jcarly, yeah for a great workout.

Kimi, glad to hear from you.Sounds like you are really busy.

Bee, sounds like you had fun shopping with your friend.I hope you can find a cake decorating class.It is really fun even though I wasn’t very skilled at it.That girl was fine today so I didn’t mention it again.

Lisa, glad you signed up with a great trainer for a few months.

Tlh, I love stretching and have been lax on doing it lately.I think I will start it up again tomorrow.I like your approach to working on a flexible goal.Great idea.My germ phobia helps save me many times.

Skippy, yay for starting the day out with a great walk and some protein.The girl used to be my employee and she was promoted to our department floater.She is really a hard and dedicated worker so I don’t think she’s ever been in trouble at work but I don’t know for sure.I was relieved she acted normal to me today.

Libster, thanks for the great link.That is a wonderful to be tracking your food.

Chargergirl, Argentina sounds divine.Glad to hear you had such a wonderful time.

Sharon, glad the current didn’t sweep you away.I hope you aren’t too sore tomorrow.

DeeJay,you will enjoy the new Whole Foods.The nearest one to me is 50 miles away.

Somethingshiny, cake isn’t as bad for you as frosting.If you do make it have one piece and give the rest away.Glad you enjoyed the massage.

Elmorton, sorry to hear you have another sinus infection.I hope you get to feeling better soon.The 5K at the naval academy sounds great.

Have a great Friday.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a before and after photo for you. The before was October 2001 and the after is today. I don''t know what I weighed in the before photo but it had to be at least 350 pounds.

beforeaftermay09.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results