shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 25th May till 31st May

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a series of May images. May 2006 (I started dieting September 2006), May 2007 ((I''d just lost 100 pounds that day), May 2008 and Today. The May 2006 photo I probably weighed about 330 pounds.

May collage 2009 2.jpg

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Friends - sorry to be MIA - I am SO sick!! The worst cold I have ever had in my life, just in time for the movers to show up today - I am surrounded! And miserable! And sneezing!!
7.gif
39.gif
14.gif
And, they are going to disconnect me in a few hours so no internet til next week. Hugs to all and I will catch up with everyone individually next week from our new apartment
1.gif

But, I have just say to Marcy - your journey is inspiring beyond words, and you are very lovely - I am so happy that you are healthy! And, you have gorgeous hair! Thank you so much for sharing your photos. Before I forget for Marty - some of my favorite restaurants - there is a restaurant in the City Hall building in Central that is supposed to have fab dim sum, haven''t been there myself but wanted to mention it; there are a few good places in the IFC Center by the harbour which is convenient - Lian for Vietnamese, Isola has great Italian and amazing view; the Lan Kwai Fong area, which is up the hill from Central, is chockfull of great restaurants and is a big after-work hangout spot, in the California Tower midway up the block is Indochine (Vietnamese) and Thai Lemongrass - both good; on the Kowloon side, the Intercontinental Hotel has Nobu for Japanese - expensive but great; if he takes the tram up to Victoria''s Peak (so pretty) the Peak Lookout restaurant is lively and has a huge menu; if he heads out to Stanley, there is a bevy of pub type restaurants all along the water, but my favorites are in the old building at the very end of the plaza, perpendicular to the others - there is a cool small museum there, along with a great Vietnamese place and at the top, Wildfire - the best pizza I have had in HK and a great water view. That''s just a couple of ideas - the hotel he is at will probably give him lots of recs, too - I hope he has a great trip.

Have a good weekend everyone!
35.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning everyone! I''ve a busy day today-I didn''t go to the gym yesterday as I was shattered so I''m going there in about half an hour to get my work out in. Then I have to go to the cake place and drop off our cake toppers and my mam wants to sample the flavours also. We''re then driving to our venue which is about an hour and 40 mins away and we''re having lunch down there. We''re also visiting the florist and I''m having my hair trial this evening as well. I can''t wait for it all. Hope you all enjoy your friday!

lliang-yay for signing up for PT sessions. We actually ordered our BM dresses from the US. They were nearly three hundred euro each over here and for three dresses, including custom charges it came to three hundred and seventy euro. Big difference!

tlh-thank you! Enjoy Vegas-you might as well enjoy yourself while you''re there. That''s so cool that your friend is going to get engaged!

Skippy-Amber would love to see pics of Trevor-she really has a thing for male retrievers! Glad you had a nice walk.

Libster-thanks for that link!

Charger-enjoy the weekend before you''re back in bootcamp!! Glad you enjoyed Argentina-I heard that the food was amazing there.

canuk-glad to hear that you fought the current!!

Dee*Jay-yay for exercising this morning and also for the date on Sunday-woohoo!! I wish we had a wholefoods over here.

SS-I love massages! So relaxing. lol about the cake mix!

Rod-8 hour interview! I''d say the candidate slept well after that!! Enjoy friday night sushi and sending truck loads of dust to you for Sunday! I hope that you get everything that you''re after!!

El-wow a 5k run on the morning of her wedding-that bride is brave!! Glad to hear that you''re feeling better!

marcy-those photos are such an inspiration! You have lost so much weight! Amazing!

babysteps-sorry to hear that you''re sick! Sending lots of get well dust.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
morning everyone! Yesterday i had a LOVELY Bacon Calzone which forced me to do TWO workouts. i tried the 1st video of the Jillian Michaels Shred, and i am convinced she is the devil. However, i think her attitude is a lot easier to handle. And i like how she actually explains the work outs, and WHY we are doing them. it made it go by a lot faster! Then after that, i took a long (for my dog!) walk in our neighborhood, about 25 minutes. He''s a little guy, so i cannot take him to far, unless of course i want a 15 lb weight training on the way home
5.gif

Lliang - thanks for the tip about the elliptical! i do notice more of a burn when i do the weightloss, which has intervals at ever 4/5 minutes. Did your trainer say which resistance you should be pushing harder? i start off slow on the low resistance, high speed on the high resistance, and when i get to the last 5 minutes i push hard on both settings.

Babysteps/Marcy - i totally agree! Marcy you are inspiring!! I wish i could show your story to my mom, who could really benefit from seeing a REAL person make such a change!

Canuk - do you have one of those home pools with the current? i have always wanted to try those, however i will wait till i am a stronger swimmer!

Dee*Jay - don''t you just love whole foods? my sister works there, and i try to make it to most of their cooking classes and tastings. Wine tasting, for only 1 buck! and you get to try 10 wines!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Babysteps Marty is staying by Times Square and Causeway Shopping Center. I will give him your info. I hope you are feeling better soon. Thank you so much for the words about my changes.

Bee, thank you for the kind words, I appreciate it. Have fun with wedding plans today.

Jcarly, LOL at the workout being done by the devil. Thank you so much for the lovely compliment. Maybe you could just mention me to your mom and see if she is interested enough to look at the pictures. Trust me, if I can do this anyone can.

Speaking of the former me, I don''t know what I did to my right knee but the pain has spread and it''s really stiff and sore this morning. I hope walking around today helps that. Advil here I come.

Have a great day.
Marcy

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Friday everyone! Ok, so apparently I am taking an unscheduled rest week from working out. I better get back into it before it becomes a bigger problem. My dad is trying to convince me to run in a race tomorrow (a 5k), but I''d have to drive down to his house tonight (about an hour away) and the race is at 8:30am. I asked hubby if he wanted to do it, and he said maybe, so I''ll let him make the final decision! I do kind of want to run in the race more to force myself to get a workout in, I''m just not sure if I''m more interested in sleeping!

I have been reading this week, but I am so behind to really catch up with everyone! It seems like everyone is doing great though as usual - we have some sickness floating around, but it also seems like our super healthy group recovers at a very quick rate!

tlh - I had a running question for you if you don''t mind! I know most people follow a schedule where they have a speed work day, a tempo day & a long run day & maybe an easy day? I was looking at the runner''s world smart coach plans and in it they have my easy days/long runs running at a 13:21 pace and then tempo days at 11:42. Both of those are slower than my race pace (a whole minute slower than my 5k pace for a tempo day). And not that I''m a speed demon or anything here, but I''m not sure I actually could run at a 13:21 pace anymore for an extended period of time. On my other running plan, the idea was just to get miles in and build up a good base. On my slowest days (which usually included walking breaks) I''d be at a 12:30 pace and my fast days (seemingly random) would be around an 11:15 pace. I probably averaged out somewhere around an 11:45 pace. My current 5k pace is 10:46/mile and my 5 mile pace was 11:12/mile. I am hoping that I can get down to a 31 minute 5k this summer!

I''m thinking I shouldn''t run at race pace all that often, but should I really do it by feel and forget about specific paces? On a long/easy day, keep it at a pace that''s comfortable/that I can finish fairly easily and then on a tempo day pick it up and push a little harder until it feels more difficult?

Also - how long do you think my long runs should be? On my other plan, it had semi-high mileage all the time which I enjoyed b/c I felt like it did a lot for my endurance and I was able to build up to comfortably run 5.5 miles without stopping to walk where before I struggled to get past 1.5 miles. Smartcoach has me doing 10 mile runs and honestly I just don''t think I want to run that many miles at once! I dunno if that makes me lazy! I maxed out with 6.5 miles on my previous plan and I really felt like that was my mental maximum! For a 10K though, should I try to build up to at least 8 miles? Sorry for so many questions! I feel like I''m crossing the bridge from complete beginner to working on an actual running strategy and I am confuuuuuuuuuused!

Skippy - I think last week you asked how I attached my nike + to my shoe and I never answered! There is basically a little pod that comes with it and I put it in a small plastic baggie and attached it to the tongue of my shoe with safety pins. The receiver hooks up to your ipod and the ipod has the software on it.

Marcy - your photos always amaze me, and it is WONDERFUL that you have MAINTAINED your weight loss as well! The people on the biggest loser really could learn something from you!

Rod - DUST!!!!

Elmorton - I LOVE the idea of running a 5k on the morning of the wedding. It''ll prob. be a great stress reliever for the bride and groom, and how fun the whole bridal party will be involved. I wish I had thought of that :).

Ok - must get back to work! Have a great weekend all!!!!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Just popping in again (I'm being soooo lousy with this thread this week!) - because I just wanted to say Marcy, you are beautiful!!! You are absolutely an inspiration. Thank you so much for posting those photos!!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
skippy - I love your daily walks, and I hope you are feeling better! (I too love making my own homemade pizzas w/ the wheat crusts... yumm!!!)

libster- you are right, food and exercise diaries are awesome, I track EVERYTHING, and it totally helps when you''re a grazer like I am! Good luck on your weight loss!

charger- my uncle goes to argentina all the time, LOVES the steak, and how the food isn''t too pricey! I hope you had a fantastic time, and I also here''s to heading back to the gym. Hope your boot camp gets you booty ready for summer!

canuk- I enjoy swimming workouts. I love how they work totally different muscles than running. My hips are always the most sore after a good swim! Glad the weather is co-operating so that you can have other outlets of exercise!

Dee*Jay - 65 minutes! I can totally zone out on the treadmills too. Esp if I got good tunes... but I like that your zone out had fab abs (we hope, right!
3.gif
)

something shiny - Good job with your eating, and your outlook on the cake. I might have to try that! I absolutely love deep tissue massages... I think I''m a bit masochistic in that way... seriously. I hate those fluffly "romantic" massages. Sure it is okay in the bedroom, but if I''m paying you for it... make it rough! I want to actually get those muscles loose and limber! and the rock thing, that IS a workout. Think about it, that was labor, and you know, guys that worked on farms and what not didn''t need a treadmill... their job was enough exercise. So I''m glad you gave yourself props on that one... and I wanted to second that!!!

ROd- dust for this weekend! Glad your chiro is slowly helping, and 2.5 hours in the gym on upper body is AMAZING!
36.gif

lliang_chi - 5k with the dog is awesome! I''m glad your poochie is benefiting from the exercise too! I like to take my dog with me on my short slow paced recovery runs. He loves it. A cavalier, so not much of a running companion, but with his energy, a few miles is perfect - he actually runs BETTER than he walks... as he''s not sniffing all the flowers and stuff! You dont even GO to the same gym as your hubbs! that is awesome! My dh and I don''t always go at the same times, but we try to... we just do totally different workouts. But that is cool, we have different goals. Sorry about your pasta cutter. That stinks! I hope you find an AWESOME replacement that isn''t too much money.

Elmorton - I hope you are better soon, and the recomendation is a good one! (Don''t worry too much about the sick weight coming back, often times feel better foods are VERY high in sodium, to help prevent and ward off dehydration. So that isn''t always a bad thing... as it is better to be healthy!) I am totally pumped about the 5k with the wedding party. That is AWESOME. I love running with my friends and family. It is always such a rush! I love the comraderie of family and friends, and the thrill of using my body for something great! I think it is a great way to see the campus and also burn some of those wine calories!!! I''m totally excited for you!!!

marcy- I agree! Lifting, and walking back and forth IS a workout in my oppinion. Since you are working, arms, legs, back, stomach while you are moving things in addition to walking! marcy your journey is really incredible! Wow! Thanks for sharing your photos! I also hope your knee improves w/ some meds!

babysteps - I hope you are better soon... have a safe move.

bee* - your weekend sounds full of wedding loveliness! I am really excited for you! I hope you have a great workout today!!! (I know, I''ll see if they''ll let me sneak some pics of the ring. I''m videotaping the proposal for them so I am like nervous and thrilled all at the same time. If I can get some pics I''ll post on SMTR, though I am a HORRIBLE photog! like should be banned! I''m like old school poleroid over here...)

jcarley- great job on the workout. I''m not much of a video workout kind of person, but the way you talk about it... has me thinking!
4.gif
I love that you took your poochie on a walk... and I know what you mean. DH and I go on walks in the evening after dark in the spring for HOURS... and because of the heat in AZ if we take the poochers on walks during the day, my little guys paws are on fire... so I''ll actually carry him sometimes... and what a workout to hold a squirrelly dog for 20 minutes! haha!

Danielle- I love races. LOVE THEM. I''ll run in them not to race but just to use as a training run. I try to do one race EVERY month if not more than that... there is something to be said for how running with others just acts as motivation, gets you out of whatever funk you are in. I get in them... my running funks. A race just clears the slate... and there is something to be said about just enjoying the day. I found that when I stopped focusing on TIME TIME TIME, DISTANCE DISTANCE DISTANCE and just went out there, and did it... I could ENJOY IT. Enjoy the experience... and I do. I love the RACING EXPERIENCE. Clear your head, dont let others distract you. Dont think about if they are faster or try to keep up at their pace. You dont know their training, their background or their history. Make it about YOU... and the people running alongside you are just your mates for awhile. The longer the distance of the race, you''ll notice the faces of your running mates will change, some go out too fast, others you''ll leap frog for miles... and other''s will leave you in their dust... but make it about you.. and it is a whole new ballgame. I run races with my DH and it is great. We train together sometimes the long-slow runs, and those we take slow.. we''ll talk and enjoy the training... during the race - having someone next to me like my husband is great, but not needed... he''s just another face along the journey... but one that supports me through it.

As far as your running questions go - you do need 3-4 seperate workouts when you''re wanting to run in races. Because they accomplish different goals. They are different paces, and different distances. If you are running 4 days a week, you should rest the day before and the day after your long day, as you are building up your mileage. The long run should be about 2 minutes slower than your race pace. This is where I personally cheat. I usually run about 1 minute slower than race pace and after 10 mins of running I''ll walk a 90 secs and talk to the hubs. Then I repeat. If I feel extra gabby, I take more walk breaks, about every 5 minutes, and only for 60 secs. The long runs are NOT about speed. They are about going the distance, and having your body get used to the miles. Also there is a rule about distance... you don''t have to train the distance - to go the distance on race day. This is especially true for the longer races like the half marathon, marathon, and ultramarathon. As far as distance goes, it is up to you and what your GOALS are. You dont have to run FURTHER than 6 miles in training to run a 10k. But if you want it to seem easier, on race day, run 7 or 8 in training. If that makes sense. Now your question if I take it is which plan to follow. I would honestly follow a model similar to the runner''s world plan... but throw the times out the window... they are just to be used as a guideline, not an actual if I dont do this I will fail. You won''t fail. TRUST ME. This was an online generated TOOL. With training, you must be flexible. Listen to your body. If you ran a 5k at 10:46 pace and 5mile at 11:12 pace... GREAT JOB.
http://www.marathonguide.com/fitnesscalcs/predictcalc.cfm this is another TOOL I use just to give me an idea of what my time goals would be with a slowing factor placed in. I dont use it to be disappointed if I don''t hit the mark... I just use it as a TOOL ONLY. My advice would be to run 4-5 days a week (miles for a 10k). One day should be SHORT and FAST. Basically sprints - (fartlek) for a shorter distance like 2 miles. Another day should be a tempo, this is VERY HARD. I hate tempo runs. it is basically warm up RUN FAST and cool down. This would be 1/2 mile warm up 1/2 mile cool down, and 3 miles at an uncomfortable clip. Then slow paced recovery day 2-3 miles which is at a nice jog about 1 min/mile slower than your race pace. Then your long day... this should be about 2 min/mile slower than your race pace. Now race pace, isn''t an actual time you''ve gotten from a race. (As you know life happens, you improve, injuries happen, you lose training etc.) Race pace is if you were to go out and RACE TODAY... how fast would you run it? After awhile it will just come naturally for you, and the effort needed for each run. My point is though, your pace should be varied. The change in pace, and that one low mile fast day, is where you are going to actually get your speed. Not from running at a constant. Because during a race it wont be a constant. There will be hills... you''ll want to dig on the up and pass the people that stopped to walk, and then fly down the hill on the other side... and HAVE FUN!!!! You are right about your thoughts. Race pace shouldn''t really be run in training often, and your speed days, you''ll be running FASTER than race pace.. you''ll be giving it all you;ve got, and building from there. That is your speed building day, and is the most important run other than the distance building long run... well adn teh rest days... those ae just as important...
Sorry this is so long, but here is an example training plan for you... (I''m using the assumption that you''ve run at least 5 miles in the past 2 weeks.)
Speed REST/XT Tempo Recovery REST LONG RUN REST
2 0/XT 4 3 0 5.5 0
2 0/XT 4 3 0 6 0
2 0/XT 4.5 3 0 6.5 0
2 0/XT 5 4 0 7 0
2 0/XT 5.5 4 0 8 0

I hope that helps. The important thing is that you do sprints, as HARD AS YOU CAN on the speed day. This day is the one that is going to hurt the most, Then the tempo run, because this is pretty close to race pace, just a shorter distance. My favorites are the long runs, because those I get to zone out and take slow and enjoy the ride. The general rule of thumb though is that for a 10k or a 5k to run FAST - your long day should be 25% MORE than your race itself. But the longer the run.. the reverse is true, you don''t have to run the distance before hand... ie a marathon you only need to cover 25% less... ie, only run about 20 miles before to complete a race. I hope I didn''t confuse you too much. Best wishes on your training!
35.gif

Everyone else have a fantastic weekend!!!!

Me I''ll be in Vegas, I''m all packed up and ready to go. Last night I boiled some eggs for the trip, and I packed a cottage cheese-strawberry mix for a midmorning snack. I also packed a small thing of homemade trail mix, and measured them out into little baggies. Since I had to get to work extra early this morning, I didn''t get my morning run, which bums me a little, but I knew that was coming so the DH and I went on a nice walk last night to make up for it... and are planning on taking a nice long walk on the strip when we get there! WHO HOO!!!

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." -- Confucius

" All it takes is all you got."--Marc Davis

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
tlh - THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH! That helps tremendously and exactly what I needed! You are awesome! Have fun in Vegas!!!!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
good glad I helped, I''m getting pumped for my trip!
emhot.gif
emsmiled.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good Morning; I walked my sisters dog this morning. He is such a cutie; he gives so many doggie kisses.
1.gif
Now I am going to go mow our lawn; it is so tall from all the rain we got!!!
According to my scale I lost another lb; I will find out for sure tomorrow at my WW weigh in.
1.gif

Oh quick question on running; can I get away with running 2 times a week or do I need to do 3 to get ready for this 5k?? thanks in advance runners!

Tomorrow I will be taking Trevor (my sis''s doggies) for another walk. I might buy some chicken breasts and throw them in some veggies with pad thai noodles. I love TJ''s pad thai noodles.
Hope everyone has a GREAT WEEKEND
35.gif

LIBSTER ~ thanks for the calculator; you will drop weight! good to see you!!!

CHARGER ~ great to see you lady; can''t wait to see your pictures!!!

TLH ~ wooo for Las Vegas!!! this weekend the JCK is going on; maybe the PS people can let you in to the show?? hehe HAVE A GREEEEAT TIME lady!!!!!!

SHARON, wooo for your workouts; glad the weather is fab!!!!

DEEJAY ~ hope you sell lots!

SS ~ sounds like you are doing well. oh gosh, I am dying for a nice deep tissue massage; I am so picky though so hopefully I will find someone I like someday. yard work is a Workout!!!

ROD ~ enjoy sushi; hoping our dust is working!!!

LISA ~ awesome just having a slice of pizza; I can''t say no to pizza it''s my weakness for sure!!! Yay for a 5k!!! You will love intervals but that is awesome you threw them in your run!!!

ELMORTON ~ you poor sweetie; hope you feel better soon!!! on no to the sinus infection, hugs.

MARCY ~ you look so amazing and you maintained for a year and even bigger accomplishment; people can lose but most have a hard time keeping it off!!!
36.gif
How much did you lose total if you don''t mind me asking; I think you said but I can''t remember!

BABYSTEPS ~ oh no, I am so sorry; you poor sweetie pie. hugs and hope you feel better soon!!! sending you good moving vibes.

BEE ~ aww, Amber sounds darling!!! Trevor was full of kisses today. hehe I am taking him on an EXTRA long walk tomorrow. Yay for your cake, sounds exciting!!!

JCARLY ~ aweomse on the 2 workouts!! yay for a walk with your doggie.

DANIELLE ~ oh thank you; I was wondering where you stuck that thing because it goes right in the nike shoes but I am not a fan of those shoes. I should buy it since it is only $30. Oh do it; you will have so much fun tomorrow; wooo hoooo superwoman for your runs!!!!

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Skippy I think you''d be fine doing 2 days a week. Maybe 1 month before the race, ramp up to 3 days a week for 3 weeks and then take it easy the week before the race. Since you are so active otherwise and are walking a lot, I think you will have the endurance and strength to get through the 5k. When is the race again??

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!
35.gif

Got up early and did 65 mins on the dreadmill before my 9:30 showing. Ack!

My Sunday afternoon date decided, after we spent 2+ hours gabbing on the phone last night, that he would come up from Indy a day early and we should go out tonight too so I'm trying to be good today in anticipation of whatever dinner adventure might be forthcoming...
20.gif

And here's something the XHH sent me that I thought was funny:

Last night my husband and I were sitting in the living room discussing medical power of attorney forms for an upcoming surgery and I said to him, "I never want to live in a vegetative state, depending on some machine and fluids from a bottle. If that ever happens, just pull the plug." He got up, yanked the cord from my computer out of the wall, and threw out my wine.

3.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/29/2009 2:29:59 PM
Author: *~*Danielle*~*
Skippy I think you'd be fine doing 2 days a week. Maybe 1 month before the race, ramp up to 3 days a week for 3 weeks and then take it easy the week before the race. Since you are so active otherwise and are walking a lot, I think you will have the endurance and strength to get through the 5k. When is the race again??

June 28th. Thank you Danielle; I appreciate all your thoughts and suggestions! It is super nice to ask you runners on here questions!!!

DEEJAY ~ hope you have a speedy recovery from your surgery and everything is okay. have fun on your date. Bill sounds like he has Hilarious comic timing!!! lol
9.gif

laurenfischer5

Shiny_Rock
Sorry I know I've been MIA for a couple days, but I'm back on track now.

Yesterday was my day off so my sister (who is also trying to lose weight) came over and we went walking for about 40 minutes and ate a healthy lunch. I was also able to deep clean and organize my whole house, so I woke up feeling wonderful today!

Today I ate a Kashi bar for breakfast and Turkey and veggies for lunch. And I just got back from walking a mile and running a mile. When I got back I was really emotional. Some people are like "Yeah I'd like to loose 5, 10 lbs but if I dont I'll be ok..." but to me its completely different because its something I think about everyday..its my quality of life. I've said before that I feel like Im in someone elses body -That really bothers me - The inside and outside dont match.

So I guess after exercising I just got really emotional, but excited about the months to come. I've been trying to loose weight for years! I'll get inspired, loose some weight, then I'll slack off a little, loose focus, gain the weight back and then give up because Im so upset with myself.

So today is when that cycle stops. Im not going to be on a "diet"...Im making a life change that I can do for the rest of my life. And I really want to thank all of you for helping me along the way...

*BTW I'm going to weigh myself on Sunday. I'll let you all know how it goes...

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/29/2009 3:41:52 PM
Author: laurenfischer5
Some people are like ''Yeah I''d like to loose 5, 10 lbs but if I dont I''ll be ok...'' but to me its completely different because its something I think about everyday..its my quality of life. I''ve said before that I feel like Im in someone elses body -That really bothers me - The inside and outside dont match.

So I guess after exercising I just got really emotional, but excited about the months to come. I''ve been trying to loose weight for years! I''ll get inspired, loose some weight, then I''ll slack off a little, loose focus, gain the weight back and then give up because Im so upset with myself.

So today is when that cycle stops. Im not going to be on a ''diet''...Im making a life change that I can do for the rest of my life. And I really want to thank all of you for helping me along the way...
Lauren - i know exactly what you mean. I am a binge eater, and i used to ruin all diets by doing such, and then quiting all together. But lately its been "bacon calzone? sure, but that means i work out harder tonight!". and ya know what, it works!!
i think you just have to over come the "hump" (be it binge eating, skipping a work out, ect) a couple times for it to really stick. I know i''ve got a ways to go still, but so far i have noticed that i still stick to my guns by trying to make a healthy choice every day, no matter the healthy choice!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/29/2009 3:10:37 PM
Author: Skippy123

Date: 5/29/2009 2:29:59 PM
Author: *~*Danielle*~*
Skippy I think you''d be fine doing 2 days a week. Maybe 1 month before the race, ramp up to 3 days a week for 3 weeks and then take it easy the week before the race. Since you are so active otherwise and are walking a lot, I think you will have the endurance and strength to get through the 5k. When is the race again??

June 28th. Thank you Danielle; I appreciate all your thoughts and suggestions! It is super nice to ask you runners on here questions!!!

DEEJAY ~ hope you have a speedy recovery from your surgery and everything is okay. have fun on your date. Bill sounds like he has Hilarious comic timing!!! lol
9.gif
OH NO -- this was all part of the joke; no surgery!!! Sorry!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Rod~ As I''ve been MIA so often, I''m not sure what the dust is for--but, I''m sending buckets of lucky dust your way!

lliang~ Thanks for asking about my wrist, it seems to be fine. My cyst thingee has gone down and doesn''t get in the way now that the tendon is healed. I have been carrying around buckets of rock for the past couple days and it doesn''t hurt at all! I''ve never made my own pasta, I''m intrigued!

Elmorton~ I''m glad you''re feeling better and finding a doctor! After I hadn''t had a doctor for several years, it was hard too. I was in the ER and basically had no medical history! They thought it was strange...

Marcy~ The whole POINT of cake is frosting!!
20.gif
I just have to add that your transformation has been amazing! I actually pulled up this thread today to show a friend of mine. She knows/cares nothing about jewelry, but I had to show her your pics. You now have inspired yet another lady! Hope your knee feels better.

babysteps~ I hope you feel better and good luck with your move!

bee~ Again, since I''ve been MIA so much, I haven''t heard how all your exams went. Hope you did really well!

jcarly~ LOL about Jillian Michaels being the devil!

Danielle~ Good luck if you decide to do the run!

tlh~ LOL about being masochistic. I said the same thing! The guy (yes, a guy, that was weird...) kept asking if the pressure was okay and I kept saying yes so he would increase it a bit. Finally, he''s like "you have a really high pain tolerance." That''s right! Get in there and get ya some!! LOL! Thanks for seconding my rockin'' workout!

Skippy~ I''ll ignore the running question...obviously...but I wanted to ask, why is it hard to find a good massage? Is there something I''m missing??

lauren~ Obviously I''m late in welcoming you, but I''m glad you''re here!

DeeJay~ LOL at your joke! I''m NOT showing DH!!
3.gif

Not much to report today. Grabbed two buckets of rocks and let the neighbor kids help me put them around the garden. Then I decided I want to use some around the garage, so I''ll go back down to the creek tomorrow. JT loves going there, though, so it''s always fun! I''m hoping to get hiking this weekend, too. We haven''t been since it got cold last fall. We''ve been doing so much yard work lately and 2 of our neighbors came over today to tell us how good it looks! I was so happy for DH, especially with being laid off still, that someone would tell him that they could see how hard he worked. I made pizza tonight, because I wanted to
18.gif

Have a great tomorrow, all!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.Thank you all so much for the encouraging words about my transformation and lovely compliments.I really appreciate it.

Today was not so good food wise for me.Tomorrow is my birthday so they had cookies and Cold Stone ice cream for me this afternoon.I had to try both flavors of ice cream and one of each kind of cookie.I am stuffed but it was all very delicious.

Marty is working later getting everything ready for his trip.His director was out for a death in her family this week so he was doing her work and his plus getting ready for the trip and moving his office so he is way behind on his work.I took supper out to him and sat with him for awhile but then I came home to work on laundry.

Tomorrow we need to go find converters for him to take.We might look for a Sony ebook but I don’t know if we can find anything like that in our small town.My in-laws are taking us out for lunch.He is leaving the house about 4 am Sunday morning.My parents wanted to take us out to supper tomorrow evening but I suggested they take me out Sunday because I will be sad and bored so they thought that would be fine too.

Babysteps, how exciting to be moving.Rats I didn’t get back to you in time for where Marty would be but you gave him some great suggestions.Thanks again.

Bee, how was that gorgeous castle today?Did you like your hair?

Jcarly, LOL at having to drag your little dog home.I was going to walk tonight because it was so nice out but I felt I had too much to do to help get Marty ready for his trip.Wine tasting for a $1?That would be great.Cooking classes sound really fun too.

Danielle, if you and your husband decide to go run in the 5K I wish you both the best of luck.I would take some of the prizes from the Biggest Loser.

Elmorton, I hope you have a great weekend.

Tlh, my knee is better this evening.Thanks.Have a blast in Vegas and good idea to plan ahead for food and snacks.

Skippy, I am so excited you are within 3 pounds of your goal.Congratulations.I am sure your sister’s dog loves walking with you.I lost officially 167 pounds but probably at least 20 more since I didn’t weigh myself for years.

DeeJay, have fun on the date tonight.I love joke from your XHH.Marty could certainly do that to me.

Lauren, that is great your sister and you can work on eating healthy.I bet you enjoy having a nice, clean house.That is so wonderful to hear how excited and motivated you are for a change in your life.Good luck with your weigh in on Sunday.

Somethingshiny, I have to admit the butter cream chocolate frosting I made was good enough to eat without the cake.That is great to hear I might have inspired someone.That is important to me these days.That is marvelous a neighbor commented on how great your yard looks.Enjoy your pizza.

Have a great weekend.

Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey......I had every intention of writing everyone individually tonight, but oh my........there are so many posts for a Friday. Wow how large our healthy family has become!! So, here it is almost 11 PM and I''m utterly wiped out. Since I''m going to be out of town from Sunday through Tuesday, I got to work early this morning and didn''t leave till after 7. Poor Charlie was hungry, but he had to wait for me for dinner. We did have Sushi, Froyo and Coffee under the oak. He trimmed my hair when we got home so I look nice and neat when I''m away, then we sat in the spa for a few minutes, then some more work and now it''s time to wind down for the day. For whatever reason, my leg is bothering me more today than yesterday. Sometimes that happens the day after my chiro visit, so I hope tomorrow''s a better day pain wise. If my leg doesn''t feel better tomorrow, I may have to bag the gym till after my trip. We''ll just have to see.

Thanks for the dust. Sunday is my travel day. I need the dust on Monday. Heaping truck loads of PS Dust.

I''ll do my best to check in tomorrow, but if I can''t, the next chance for me will be next Tuesday, when I get home.

Have a great weekend everyone!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/29/2009 5:42:33 PM
Author: Dee*Jay

OH NO -- this was all part of the joke; no surgery!!! Sorry!
LOL, I thought you were joking and then I thought Crap! what if she isn't (I wasn't sure if I just missed an earlier post, this thread moves so fast sometimes)?!! LOL, you are too funny
9.gif
3.gif

MARCY, happy bday lady!!!!! go check out hangout!
2.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, I sure hope your leg is better tomorrow. I will be thinking of you on Monday. PS Dust coming your way and trust me the wind here can blow A LOT of things. I''ll keep my toes and fingers crossed as well. Have a safe and good trip.

Skippy, thank you for the birthday wishes.

35.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Afternoon everyone! I got up early this morning and did an hour of step and an hour of salsa aerobics so I''m feeling a bit tired now! Really enjoyed the classes today. It''s beautiful weather over here so I''m just going to sit out in the garden for the day with Amber and Manolo and read a magazine. It''s too nice to do anything else.

jcarly-well done for getting in not one, but two workouts! Wow!

marcy-how''s your knee today? I had a great time doing the wedding thing yesterday-love my hair (I''ve posted pics in BWW) and the castle looked amazing. Have an absolutely wonderful birthday today!! You deserve it!

Danielle-good luck in the run if you do it.

tlh-have an amazing time in Vegas!!

Skippy-yay for Trevor! He sounds gorgeous....just the type of man I want for my Amber
3.gif
Good luck in WW!! You''re so close to your goal!

Dee*Jay-lol!! That''s brilliant!

lauren-I was the exact same in that I was on and off diets for so long and would lose and then gain and then lose again. This is the first time for me that I seem to actually be changing my lifestyle properly and have changed my eating habits so much. Well done for getting yourself geared up to change.

SS-all but one exam went well. I get the results next weekend. Enjoy your pizza!

Rod-sending lots and lots of dust again to you. Sorry to hear that your leg is bothering you again.

Talk to you all over the weekend! Going back out to the garden to read!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I didn't work out the last two days but I made up for it today. Did my walk/jog routine for almost and hour and then Jillian's 30 day shred-1.

I'm going to the lake today so hopefully I won't look too scary in my bathing suit.

laurenfischer5

Shiny_Rock
Good Morning!

Jcarlylew - Thank you for sharing your story with me. It’s good to know that there are other people in the same boat as me. Good Luck.

Somethingshiny – Nice to meet you. Your name reminds me of how people always joke about me getting distracted by shiny things, lol…

Marcyc – Thank you for the encouragement! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Rod – I’m sorry your knee is hurting

7.gif
I hope it feels better…

Bee - It’s a beautiful day here as well!

Babysteps – I hope you get well soon

Danielle – Good luck on your running :)

Tlh – I want to start running more and eventually run races so I think you will be very helpful to me
1.gif

I feel a little sore today because I had a pretty hard workout yesterday and then I worked last night, but I got a good nights sleep so that''s good. I have to work again tonight, though
7.gif
But, I ate Kashi cereal this morning and Im feeling good. Hopefully I can get a good walk in today before work. (It''s a nice day here)

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Walked 5 miles with my sisters doggie Trevor
emdog.gif
9.gif
Okay, any single gals out there?? walking a dog where men jog is a good way to pick up men!!
2.gif

Hubby and I are going to my favorite place for lunch today; they have the best super thin crust pizza, best salads and best microbrews.
3.gif

The weather is fantastic here
emhot.gif
We need salad fixins and fresh fruit; I ate the last banana and strawberries (maybe a Costco run).
HAVE A Wonderful WEEKEND Friends!!!!
9.gif

DEEJAY, how are your doggies? hehehe Have a wonderful date weekend! hehe

LAURENFISCHER, you will lose!! You can totally do it!!! Awesome on your workout and being sore!!!! Slow and steady wins the race and you are awesome!!!

JCARLY, try and get snacks in to help curb the binges; I use to love to binge for dinner but now having a few snacks helps me. You can totally do it; keep up the good work!!!

SS, sounds like you and the kiddos got a good workout in; you will have to post pics of your garden! Have fun hiking; sounds like fantastic exercise!! YUM to pizza; we will be eating some soon! Oh on the massages I like them extra deep but everyone I tried didn''t put enough pressure.

MARCY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY sweet friend and yay for maintaining your loss; that is the hardest part period!!!! HOPE your day is WONDERFUL
36.gif

ROD, aww, hugs, for your leg; you poor sweetie pie. HEAPS and HEAPS of DUST out your way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BEE, yay for our step and salsa, WOWZERS 2 workouts; you are superwoman!!!! Yay for enjoying the gorgeous weather friend!!! thanks; Trevor and Amber would love each other.
face23.gif
hehe

APPLE, yay for 2 workouts woman!!!

laurenfischer5

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/30/2009 12:57:46 PM
Author: Skippy123

LAURENFISCHER, you will lose!! You can totally do it!!! Awesome on your workout and being sore!!!! Slow and steady wins the race and you are awesome!!!!!
Thank you so much for the support!

You did a 5 mile walk? That''s awesome! I wish I could walk with my doggie, but he is a pomeranian...Need I say more? He''s so fluffy! lol Long walks don''t work....Hope you enjoy your favorite pizza place...Sounds delicious!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Marcy~ Happy Happy Birthday!! Buttercream frosting is ALWAYS good without the cake!!

Rod~ More dust and have a good trip.

lauren~ My name is because I''m always distracted by shiny things. My friend and I road trip and invoke the "something shiny" rule. That means, follow whatever grabs your attention! For me, it''s always the shiniest car, or the blingiest signs, I just can''t avoid it!

Skippy~ Have you tried a male massage therapist? The guy who did me used his elbows and it was great. I''ve had women who do therapeutic massage (after getting bucked really hard) and they could NEVER get my muscles to loosen, I really think some people just need more pressure. btw-what''s a "microbrew"?

Hi, apple and bee!

So, today, I did some power garage sale-ing with my mom and sister. My mom got some really great deals. All I ended up with was a garlic press, but I really like garlic, so I''m good! We took a couple of the neighbor kids and JT down to the creek for a while today. DH taught the little boy how to skip rocks and I showed the little girl how to find shells. They were both impressed! JT was so funny the whole time we were there. He could find the flattest rocks and the shells at the same time! We rented Paul Blart-Mall Cop tonight. We hardly ever rent movies so I hope it''s good. That''s all for now.

Have a great tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.

35.gif
I had a great birthday.Thank you all so much for the birthday wishes.
36.gif
We got up early and went out for breakfast.After that we went shopping to get things for Marty’s trip.I picked up a few pairs of ladies Dockers with a 20% off coupon.I didn’t try them on until this afternoon but they were all very short in the crotch so I returned them.After I got a refund I went back to see if there were any other ones I might like and noticed the style I bought sets below the waste, no wonder they didn’t pull up all the way.LOL.

We met Marty’s folks for lunch and had a margarita while we waited for them to arrive.Marty and I split a cheeseburger, he had most of the fries then we split a chocolate molten cake for dessert.We wandered Barnes and Noble for awhile then came home so Marty could pack.I decided to go pick up flowers for my pots so I will work on them tomorrow to keep myself occupied while Marty is on his long plane ride.

Tonight we had mini pizzas they are 300 calories each.I bet Marty is starved.We had some wine and watched “So I Married An Axe Murderer”.I got instructions on how to run the Blu Ray and to switch between sources so I can watch movies if I want while Marty is out of town.Marty tends to run the remotes so I am lost on what to do.D’oh!

I like only two brands of purses and found a great deal about 4 weeks ago on a red Stone Mountain purse.When we were at the show last weekend either me or our friend spilled something on it or there was something on the floor and I had a big stain on one side.I tried cleaning it with water and some of my Clinque cleanser but it didn’t work.While we were at the dry cleaner today I decided to ask if they could clean it.He asked if it was leather and I said yes, he felt the bottom and there was no cardboard in there so he said they could probably clean.Keep your fingers crossed it will come out okay.A friend of mine who is as crazy about purses as most of us are with diamonds and gemstones told me the leather cleaner you buy will make your purse darker so I could wipe down the entire purse with it and then it wouldn’t show as much.I will try that next if it still looks bad.

Bee, you are ambitious getting up early to workout.I am glad the weather was so nice today.My knee is much better today.We walked a lot today and I only felt a twinge in there occasionally.I will check out your “do” when I am done here.I thought of your castle today when I noticed a book at B&N about castles of the world.What a romantic place for a wedding.

Appletini, I am sure you’ll look fine in your bathing suit.I hope you had fun at the lake.

Lauren, you are very welcome.I get distracted by shiny things too.I am a star gazer so I tell people that shoes you how easily entertained I am; if it sparkles I like it.I hope you aren’t as sore tomorrow.Glad to hear you had a good nights sleep. Glad you had a nice day.

Skippy, yay for a long walk today.It was pretty nice here too.Your salad and fresh fruit sound great.I hope you enjoyed your pizza. I need to pick up some for the week too.Life on “main”tenance street is difficult but I work on it one day at a time.

Somethingshiny, I ran in to my friend this morning who I will be taking the class with so I am kind of excited to start the class again.LOL at following the shiniest thing.That is so me too.Sounds like you had a great time at the creek today.

Have a great Sunday.

Marcy

laurenfischer5

Shiny_Rock
I think it''s safe to say that the majority of people on PS get distracted by shiny things (diamonds?).... lol
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results