shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 23rd March till 29th March

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Marcy, Oh MY! I''m so glad you got home okay! I agree that''s WAY too much adventure for my taste. I almost NEVER drive in snow. I''m SO glad you got home okay!!! I haven''t made cookies yet. I''ll probably do that this weekend.

Rod, I hope your candidate''s interview went well. HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHARLIE! Hope you guys enjoy your dinner tomorrow and your iPhones :)

Skipp, Mmmm... lasagna. I love spinach lasagna. I use frozen it''s way easy. FYI easy-breezy tip: you don''t need to buy no-bake noodles. You can just buy regular lasagna noodles and soak them in hot water for 5-10 mins

Charger, great for keeping up with the good eatin'' and workout. I''m thinking about you tomorrow for your race. It''s supposed to snow on Sunday for my race. Booo Chicago late winter (we don''t have spring here). But after Marcy''s story I don''t think I''m allowed to complain....

I''m going to try for yoga & replacing my garbage disposal. Hopefully I can do it without needing an extra hand because James will be in class. How is it that I''m the Fix-it/handy one? And James is an engineer too!!! Ha ha! He carries heavy things so that''s something. :)

Also, thanks everyone for the support during my crappy few days. I think I''m feeling a lot better now.
5.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lliang, glad to hear your days are going better. Too funny that you are the fixit person - Marty wisely keeps me away from anything that breaks. I don''t mind driving in the snow but I sure hate ice.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all; I stayed up way too late last night I got lost in looking at family vacation pictures and then realized it was midnight. It is easy to get lost in good family pics and brings back fun memories.

I had made banana bread for my neighbors awhile back ago and yesterday they stopped by and brought over a dozen mini cupcakes from a cupcake shop.
11.gif
I ate a few, eek! hehe It was a funny day yesterday because I got cupcakes and a necklace I ordered and some perfume came so it felt like xmas or something. hehe

I ended up taking a nap today; I hope I can sleep tonight. I was tempted not to go outside but my legs are super sore and I thought a walk would stretch out my sore muscles. So I just got back from a 3 mile/45 min walk. It warmed up today to 60 which is nice and tomorrow should be 70 ish. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!!

ROD, HAPPY BITHDAY to CHARLIE today; ops, I got the day wrong. Hope you two are having a fabulous day
36.gif
emcake.gif
your poor client; I pray he got the job! i bet you were very comforting to him; you are just a fabulous guy like that!

MARCY, yikes, those drinks were crazy expensive; did you eat something there too or that was just the drinks? Hehe to bringing alcohol on the next trip. Gosh, I am so glad you made it home safe and sound, scary!!! A friend lives in Northern NM and she showed me pics of the blizzard they had and my parents said at their second house there is 7 inches of snow; it must have been the same storm!

LLIANG, oh the reason I don't use frozen is because I buy a big bag of spinach and eat it fresh all week and then closer to expiration I use the rest for lasagna; I will have to try frozen sometime though and thanks for the tip on the noodles, great tip!!! Oh that is funny; that is awesome you are Ms. Fix it. Glad things are better sweetheart!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy, I do that too when Marty is gone - stay up way too late just working on some project. Our bar bill was just the 2 drinks a piece. Marty picked out some pricey scotch but my wine was $16 a glass. We did get breakfast included in our package so that saved us some money. I told Marty today that suite we stayed in has raised my expections for hotels. Ha ha. I wish I had thought to take a camera on our trip. Our forecast is calling for snow most of the week but hopefully there won''t be any blizzards. If there are any in the forecast I am staying in town this time.

I was busy today. We met the in-laws for lunch. They are heading back to Arizona for a few more weeks tomorrow. I worked on laundry, finished figuring up our taxes, made the astronomy newsletter and still need to grade papers. I made cocoa brownies for our dessert tonight. We had a hot brownie with slow churned ice cream.
3.gif
Now I have to find someone to give the rest of the brownies too. I''ll bet my dad will take them off my hand.
9.gif

Take care!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Just heading outside to YES AGAIN shovel snow. Lots of it. Boohoo.....

keep well gangaronni!!
35.gif

cheers--Sharon

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yikes Sharon, snow STILL??? I bet the shovelling is a great workout!

Hi all, I am still plodding away!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi friends back from a 75 min walk with my friend. It is a warm day high 60''s but overcast; I hope we get some rain soon. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!! I need to run to Whole Foods so maybe I will pick up something to eat there. Take care.

MARCY, oh that makes sense if he had special scotch; I thought you guys had regular drinks. hehe Oh boo for no camera! That was nice they upgraded you; I love to stay at the Westin Hotels (and the Starwood) because they have those heavenly beds and it is like sleeping on a cloud. hehe Do your in laws live in AZ? You should plan a trip to see them w/a stop here in ABQ. hehe That would be fun to meet you two!! Best wishes on the taxes; I am helping a few friends with theirs.

SHARON, good to see you; I bet your arms are uber strong!!!

ROD, how was the bday celebration? YAY

LORELEI, glad you are well! hugs.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.......this is my first chance to check in. we had a wonderful day yesterday. We started off with our usual breakfast on the terrace. I had bought Charlie a cool t-shirt from the "uber" men''s store and it really fit him well and he like it a lot. We had lunch at our favorite little deli. Then..........iPhones. It was a very pleasant experience to get the iPhones. We didn''t like any of the cases AT&T offered, so we went to the Apple Store, where they had a much better selection and we got exactly what we wanted. Then we sat outside in the food area of the mall and had coffee and watched people walk by before heading home to change for dinner. We went to the Don Cesar resort on St. Pete beach and had a drink on the beach before dinner. It was just so beautiful and we watched as the sun melted into the Gulf of Mexico before our dinner in the Meritana Grill. It was just fabulous. I had a lobster salad appetizer (yum), followed by grilled diver scallops with caviar and lobster risoto. So good. Charlie had a tripple soup sampler, followed by fresh Gulf of Mexico Stripped Sea Bass which was perhaps one of the best fish I''ve ever tasted. It had a lobster sauce over garlic mashed potatoe''s. For dessert, we shared this mint chocolate concoction which was superb with a side of homemade ice cream. The whole dinner was of course too expensive, but a true fabulous dining experience and it made his birthday end on a really special note. Today was a pretty routine Sunday. It was raining when we got up, but cleared up this afternoon and was just beautiful. We had lunch and coffee under the oak, followed by a really robust workout at the gym. Dinner was baked chicken and veggies. I''ve really been having fun getting the iPhones all set up. There''s a lot to learn, but I really love new toys and this one is really incredible.

I hope everyone had a great weekend. It''s almost 11 PM and I have to power down and get ready to start a new week. I''ll check in tomorrow night. Charlie thanks everyone for the birthday wishes.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay to iphones and a fabulous bday w/Charlie. Take care!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.Well Marty is off on a business trip for a few days.His parents also left for about 3 weeks.I was HORRID on food today after he left.The good news I took the rest of the brownies over to my dad this morning so at least I stayed out of them.Don’t know why I was so antsy and snacking as I rarely do that.Oh well, tomorrow I will be totally back to my routine.I at least walked a lot today.I went out and walked around the mall for about an hour and a half.I met a girl friend for dinner tonight.We had a few drinks, split an appetizer and small pizza.It was good to catch up with her.

Sharon, we have more snow on the way here too.This is the winter than won’t end, huh?You are getting a lot of good exercise with your shovel though.

Lorelei, is it still pants weather there?

Skippy, glad to hear you had a nice long walk today.It looked like rain clouds here tonight but we are expecting snow here.We owe a little over $500 on taxes this year.Funny you should mention the Westin, I was thinking today now I want to go stay at the one in Denver.It’s a 5 star hotel and the Brown Palace is a 4 star hotel.Sad thing is I could have stayed at the Westin for free during a teacher’s conference a few years ago but I passed on going because a vacation in Denver didn’t sound like fun.The other ones I went to were in Steamboat Springs.Another reason I passed on the conference at the Westin is because I was afraid of not being able to walk around that big hotel and the old me hated driving down there. Now neither of those things would be a problem for me.Plus the Westin is within walking distance of my favorite jewelry store.Yes, my in-laws are snowbirds.They moved here from Profret, Maryland 4years ago.They have a house here and go to Arizona from October to April.I hope to come to Albuquerque some day on my way to the VLA and of course I would love to meet you.

Rod, it sounds like Charlie had a wonderful birthday.I will be anxious to hear what you think of your iPhones.I have a friend who got one when they first came out; he likes it.

Take care.See you in next week’s post.

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy, I lied
11.gif
the BP is 5 star and the Westin in Denver is 4 star. I am sure it''s very nice though.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results