shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 23rd March till 29th March

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.

Zoe, glad to hear your observation went well.My dean always says she will set in on one of my classes but so far I’ve been lucky and she hasn’t done that.I would be very uncomfortable with that. Not because I worry I am a bad teacher, just that I am not comfortable with her.

Fuzzers, welcome!Congratulations for losing 12 pounds already.I found when I hit a plateau I was losing inches.My plateaus lasted weeks in to months sometimes.

Lliang, sorry to hear about some stressful few days.PS dust coming your way to break the evil spell!Yes, I am retiring.I think I’ll make cookies this weekend for week just to get away from the cake trend.

We are off on our adventures.Wish I had jewelry shopping money but sadly, I don’t.Rats. (Stupid crown, Marty’s doctor bills, income tax due and annual golf fees to pay.)

Laters,

35.gif

Marcy

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Not much new to report. Going to go to body combat class tonight if I can get someone to come watch DD. Baked cookies Monday which was a bad idea. I love cookies!

Marcy~Thanks! The count down for the end of the semester will begin! I can''t wait for summer break!

Zoe~17 is a great number! Sucks about your administration, though. That makes everything so much harder! I can sort of relate. Our administration is cushy and that does NOT work in middle school!
5.gif
Sounds like your lesson went great while you were being observed. Using technology is always a bonus. I am lucky to teach in a computer lab so I use the computers often. Good point about other jobs not getting observed like teachers do. How did Zumba go, by the way? I tried it a couple times and it''s not a good enough work out for me. Probably because I''m used to high-impact.

fuzzers~Way to go with the weight loss!! welcome to the thread. I''m new too!
21.gif

lliang~Sorry you''ve had a rough few days! I love volleyball! I''m also a high school volleyball coach so volleyball is my life.
9.gif
yay for having to wear a belt to keep your skirt up!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi friends, I am taking today off from a workout; I woke up with my eyes super itchy and it is windy out so no outdoor workout. My nephew is here and when I put my nephew down for his nap he said," sleep Stephi", so I was going to pretend to and I actually fell asleep.
24.gif
hehe

My parents brought over a happy meal for him and mcnuggets for me; I ate them and then looked at the bottom and saw there was 490 calories and 29 grams of fat! Ack! lol I probably won't do that again; I think if I read the nutrition info before hand I wouldn't have had them but oh well. Tonight I am meeting a friend for Vietnamese food, yum; I will get grilled chicken and veggies. Hope everyone has a great day!!!!!
41.gif

BURK, oh glad your allergies are better. Do you take stuff? I take zyrtec and nasonex. If the pollen count is nutty I try not to go outdoors. I use to get shots from 10 yrs old to 13 yrs and then started back again at nineteen so 13 years now. YUM to cookies!

APPLE, you are right it is a great workout and your really sweat and feel like you used your whole body for the workout! Yay for your workouts! I notice my lungs getting a little stronger with the intervals and sports challenge.

ROD, you poor sweetheart. hugs

MARCY, you poor sweetie; I am glad your tooth is fixed. I hate teeth things; I pray I and you don't need anything for a long time. Thank you about my pearls, they are fun!

ZOE, i have orthodics and I went back and they fixed them for me. If one of yours is bothing you they can shave it done a bit? Have fun tonight!!!

FUZZERS, welcome; gald you joined us and yay for the 12 lbs lost
36.gif

LLIANG, hugs, hope things turn around.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Went to Zumba last night. Kicked my butt as usual. T was awesome at Child watch. She didn''t cry at all (but did freak out when she saw me). My friend dropped off her kids after me and poor T was so confused and thought she was getting out of there. Poor thing. Must be confusing. Today is my day off from working out. It is raining so no walk for us.

Rod, hope your leg feels better soon!

marcy, I know. I know. Your cake and flowers look fantastic BTW!

gecko, nothing wrong with maintaining!

Dee*Jay, you will get to your goal. Have you ever been that thin in your adult life? Does your trainer think that is realistic? If so I know it will be difficult but not impossible. Thanks for the encouragement. I guess 4x just seems SO much better than 3.

Julie, great tips for staying safe!

Steph, eating well is hard when you have company! I know. Yay for life back to normal.

Skippy, Yay for trying a new class. Sounds like you are getting in awesome shape. Hope you had fun with your nephew! Our neighborhood is hilly too. Pushing MY stroller is hard b/c it isn''t a jogger. My neighbor was shocked when she tested it out. Yay, I need to be more serious about my diet. I totally ODed last night but I need to be better this week. T and I had my low fat mach and cheese for lunch. Not sure what I will have for dinner.

Burk, yay to wining! I bet that was an awesome workout. I spoke too soon about my sleep improving. Oh well. What kind of shoes do you have? DH was making fun of my b/c I am a heavy walker and I was throwing out some Reef sandals b/c I wore down the soles and on my right (outer part) I wore it down to the wood. He said I must walk really strange. Haha.

Zoe, how was Zumba? Hope your foot feels better and your observation went well.

fuzzers, that is awesome (and I am jealous! Haha). 12 lbs is wonderful! What kind of things do you make w/o an oven? So curious!

lliang, sorry you have had a rough week! Yay for using your skinny belt. Hope this are better today.

fuzzers

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone for the welcomes! Tacori, to answer your question... not much! Lol no really, I eat out a lot for lunch at places like Subway (I like the Veggie Delight!). I try not eat "typical dorm room food", you know, Ramen noodles and things like that. I stock up on canned tuna and chicken (for sandwiches), fresh fruit, and my new favorite - Green Giant veggie steamers.
1.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.....Another really long day. I didn''t leave work till after 6:30, but I did get a lot done today, which is good. Charlie stopped by a gourmet grocery store and bought the absolute thickest, most tender and tasty pork chops I''ve ever had. He also fixed green beans with sliced mushrooms (steamed of course) and they were sooooo good. Dessert was 3 girl scout thin mint cookies with a cup of decaf from Sbucks and Sakai on our shoulders. Watching American Idol and doing a bit of work. Oddly after pushing my leg extra hard last night, it''s felt better all day today. I''ll push it hard again tomorrow night at the gym. Since tomorrow''s ''uber'' Thursday, I''ll check in tomorrow, but it''ll likely be a quick fly-by.......

Marcy, I''m glad you got your tooth fixed. It''s funny how a different length in a tooth can make your whole mouth feel off, but you''ll get used to it. I''ve finally gotten used to my new crown, but it''s taken a few weeks. In answer to your question, our clients pay our fees. We never charge a candidate for placement services. So, I truly appreciate you checking for me. Here''s what I''d suggest. There will likely be an opportunity the company has that no one can fill. That''s when someone like me adds value. I''m the kind of recruiter who can find a spec of dust in a landfill.

Zoe, I''m sure you''ll have a great review meeting with your principal!! I hope your foot feels better... I can certainly sympathize with the hobbling to your car after a workout. I''m hoping my hobbling days are nearly over.

Welcome fuzzers! We all hit plateaus. I''ve hit several of them. To lose weight, I found I had to eat more. Poeple often try to starve themselves to lose weight. What happens is the body adjusts and slows the metabolism down because it thinks it''s being starved. When I say I ate more, I ate more, but smarter more. I ate more often, but smaller portions. I added healthy fats, like almonds mixed with raisins. I also increaed my workouts to burn more calories. I stopped eating foods that I knew were not food for me. I completely cut out pizza (though I have since finaly started to allow myself pizza on occassion) and fried foods, or foods high in sodium. I ate a lot of fruits and vegetables. Fuji apples became my dessert (and I still eat one almost every day). Just don''t give up and you''ll succeed!

lliang, I''m so sorry you''re having such a bad week. Sometimes the stars align in the worst way. Just know they also fall out alignment, and things will be better. Families have a way of pushing things under the carpet. It''s the same way in my family. Anyway, hugs to you. I have a good friend at the gym, who is a physical therapist. We''ve pretty much determined I have a pinched nerve. I''ve certainly had pinched nerves before and they hurt, but for me at least, they go away. So, I''m just going to work the muscles hard where the nerve is pinched and this too shall pass. Thanks........

Burk........I hope you made it to combat class. Yummm to cookies........Bad to cookies.........LOL

Skippy, isn''t it just amazing how a little box of chicken nuggets can be so ladden with calories and fat? And we wonder why American''s are overweight. As healthy as you eat and as much as you walk my dear, I don''t think I''d fret too much over that indulgence. I hope you had a great time and dinner with your friend at the Vietnamese restaurant! Are you doing ok without hubby this week?

Yay for having your butt kicked at Zumba last night Tacori!! I hope you enjoyed your day off from working out.

OK.....That''s a wrap for the day. I''ll see you tomorrow night after my workout. Have a good Thursday everyone.......

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Hello all! No combat class for me. The class is during T''s bed time routine so I needed my in-laws to sit and they already had plans. Oh well...treadmill it is. I did go on a long walk with T so I got some extra calorie burning in.
21.gif

Skippy~your nephew sounds so darn cute!! I''m glad you got a nap and a day off. I take Allegra for my allergies (although I can''t take it when preggo). I really hope I won''t have to go back on the shots, but who knows.

Tacori~So glad that Tessa is getting used to the child watch. I''m sure it makes working out less stressful for you! Volleyball is an amazing full body workout. We''re playing in another tourney this weekend. I''m excited! Sorry about the sleep! I got Asics tennis shoes. I really like them. That''s funny about your sandals.

Rod~No combat, but that''s okay. Cookies are bad. Good thing they''re gone now (or maybe not such a good thing because that means I ate them! LOL) I love girl scout cookies!!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone,

I went to a new yoga class today with my sister. I stopped by a bakery on the way to the train stop and picked up a chocolate hazelnut cupcake for James and had a chocolate macaroon for myself. I wanted to make cookies, but I think this will do until tomorrow. It''s funny I want to make cookies not to eat them, but because making cookies makes me happy... I dunno if that makes any sense.

Lunch today was a chickpea salad (a rather large one), with homemade eggplant achar, red peppers & red onions. Dinner was broiled chicken breast with a roasted red pepper sauce and sauteed broccoli.

Rod, I''m glad your leg is something that will pass. I was getting worried for you. I tend to do that. I hope lots of exercise will help relax/work out the pinched nerve. I''ve never experienced one so I can''t say I know how to make it go away. I LOVE steamed green beans, but like my mushrooms sauteed. But your dinner sure does sound tasty :)

Marcy, hope your mouth/tooth gets better and you become more accustomed to it. I''m keeping my fingers crossed no one has to worry about any more dental stuff in this group. Is it just me, or was there a rash of dental work in the past month or so...

Fuzzers, welcome! Does your college have any sports facilities? You should definitely take advantage of that. Also any student groups that you''d be interested in. I''ve just started noticing the results of about 3 months of steady yoga and calorie tracking. Try to avoid the school cafeteria, the food is usually quite bad for you, or if you must eat there, try to load up on raw veggies & fruits.

Burk, sorry no combat class today, but yay for a treddy workout. How old is your little one? Wow, go you for coaching HS v-ball. My brother used to coach water polo. I dunno how you ppl do it. I think I don''t have the patience for high school-ers. They''re old enough to know you''re not always right. Ha ha. I''m sure you kick butt in v-ball, I''m glad you still get a chance to play. I can tell you really love it.

Tacori, Yay! for T being awesome @ child watch. I can just see her telling your friend''s kids how things work. She''s probably a pro now :) Kids are so funny. This might sound like a stupid question but what makes a jogger stroller easier to push around? Hope your sleep improves.

Dee, wanna meet up for yoga?? Tell me where and when. I think you''ll be able to reach your goal, don''t beat yourself up over what the scale monster says. We''re in this with you!!!

Steph, Yay for things settling down now the out of towners are gone. I''m the same way whenever we have company, except we always drink more too, which is never a good thing.

Skippy, ha ha I just had pho the other day (last day of ski trip). I''ve been craving it for a while and was going to make a stop @ the viet-neighborhood in Chicago to settle it up. Mmm. I love that stuff :) That''s so funny how your nephew convinced you to take a nap. Naps are great. Hooray for naps! Don''t beat yourself up over the Mickey-Ds. One slip up is still recoverable :)

Keep the happy news coming folks! Thanks for all the hugs too. It really helps :)

museikchik

Shiny_Rock
Hello everybody. I just finished working out with my trainer. She kicked my butt again. I am soo worn out. I don''t know what is with her. She has been all about push ups lately. My least favorite thing in the world. I know they are supposed to help a lot but it feels like we do them all the time. My friend tagged along with me and she saw how red I was after my workout. I said "Can you believe I have been working out with this trainer since October and have only lost 10 lbs (I have a thyroid problem which drives me crazy)?" She then tells me that she has been working out for a month and has lost 9 lbs. I half jokingly told her to get out of my car. I can understand why all the thyroid books tell you to not work out with a friend especially for a competitive person like me. Sorry I went off on a rant.

I started my exercise log. I actually work out a lot more than I thought

Tacori: What exactly is Zumba? I have never heard of it before. Just curious.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fuzzers, the steamers are really nice! I hated living in a dorm. Hopefully you like it better.

Rod, it IS nice to have a day off. Glad your leg feels better.

Burk, hope you win your next tourney too! I am sure it is a good workout b/c I have seen what you look like!
2.gif
I have always been a heavy walker and wear my shoes down really fast.

lliang, she is still heart broken when I drop her off but I always spy on her and she will play or just stare at the other kids. She is still in the "baby" room which kinda sucks for her since she is NOT such a baby anymore. They bore her probably. Haha. One more month until she moved into the "toddler" room. Then she gets to play outside! Hope you made up with your SO and sister!

museik, I have been working out for 2 months and haven''t lost ANY weight if it makes you feel better. Granted my diet could be worked on. Zumba is a cardio dance class. It''s fun and a good workout. I think if you google it there is info about it.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good Morning; it is cold here today about 55 degrees for the high and it suppose to snow tomorrow (boo). hehe I will be going to Sports Challenge (similar to interval training class tonight). Dinner with my friend was fun; she told me she adopted a dog which I thought was sweet and her dog sounds so cute! I think I will tackle making spinach lasagna tonight. Hubby is having a good time in DC; he also has met up with some of his college friends since he grew up out there. I do miss him but it is nice having time to myself too.
1.gif
Have a great day!!!!!!!!!

Oh I have some exciting news to share; my sister is pregnant, she is due in Sept!!!!
36.gif
My nephew will be a big brother!
41.gif

TACORI, yay for zumba kicking butt! Yay for rain, send some this way please. it was fun w/my nephew, thanks, we read so many books!! They have some weird books out there for kids; some were good and some were just okay. hehe Does Tessa have a favorite book? My nephew loves the pop up books.

FUZZERS, yay for veggie steamers!

ROD, I am so happy your leg is feeling better! Charlie sounds like a fab cook!!!! Enjoy your workout; you are inspiring! Oh my gosh, if I knew how bad those chicken nuggets were I would not have ate them, i know it isn't that bad once in awhile but I want the scale to move so I was a little bummed to find that out. It really is surprising because they didn't taste greasy and they weren't filling either so I think it is good they have the nutrition info now so that people are more aware.

BURK that is cool that you have a treadmill! I have a step in my house but I never use it now, I use to. hehe Thanks about my nephew; he is a cutie. It is funny when he was 2 he was so little and now that he turned 3 he is now like a little kid. T is growing so fast, how old is she? Yours and Tacori's daughters are precious!!!! I bet you are so proud of her, she is darling!

LLIANG, yay for yoga with your sis!!! Oh man, that chocolate hazelnut cupcake sounds good! Oh fun on making cookies. We have this pho place that is soooooo yummy!!! Glad you had some pho. It is shocking how many cals and fat were in the mcnuggets, hehe

MUSE, yay for a kick butt workout with the trainer!! Yay for 9 lb loss
36.gif

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
hi, everyone!

it''s been a crazy week and I''m just stopping in quickly, so I''m sorry I''m not responding to everyone...but I just wanted to let you know I''m still at it!!

I haven''t worked out this week yet (I KNOOOW, so bad), but I have kept my calories down to make up for it. I''ve been working a lot and not sleeping enough, so those extra 2 hours in the morning are really necessary to my mental health. I will try to go to the gym today after work if I don''t get out too late, and will do super duper (UBER, right, Rod?) workouts Friday and especially Saturday and Sunday...I need to take care of me!!

I had to go to my parents'' house this past weekend through Monday night (I had a class all day on Monday), so I went major food shopping and made some healthy food and made very healthy choices (um, aside from splitting a sundae with my mom...oops!), which I usually am unable to do when I''m with my family...but I managed this time!

because I was away from home, I didn''t measure or weigh myself this week (I did sneak in one this week, but I''m not counting it, even though it had a happy number on it, because Mondays are my weigh-in and measure days, and I want to be consistent, hehe), but I''m hoping to see great numbers next Monday...I already feel like my pants aren''t QUITE as tight as they were a month ago (though no one has noticed that I have lost any weight, oh well)...

I hope you''re all great (and congrats, Skippy, on your sister''s pregnancy! how exciting!!!)--talk to ya soon!
35.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Did my hour with the PT this morning. Will spend an hour on the dreadmill tomorrow, and then I''ve decided to hop back to Aspen for a long weekend (Sat-Tues) so if they''ve gotten any more snow I''ll try my hand at cross country again (SOBER, in the DAY TIME!!!), otherwise I''ll just go to the gym there.

Alli, good for you for looser pants!

Skippy, congrats to your sister!

Tacori, poor Tessa, being confused about getting picked up!

Museilkchik, your pushups are my plank. I feel like I live half my life in the plank position with my PT. HATE IT!

Lliang, my girlfriend and I *might* go to yoga tonight, but neither one of us is very motivated so don''t coun''t on us! I''ll email you though if we do decide to go. OH, and our new favorite thing is to go to Oberweis afterwards. Rather defeats the purpose, doncha think?!
3.gif

Burk, cookies -- yum!

Rod, your pork chops from the other night are making me crave some!

Fuzzers, 12 lbs so far is great!!

Marcy, LOL that you scream out loud at the scale too!

Zoe, how was your first Zumba?

Apple, I need to incorporate more interval training in my workouts.

Steph, I agree, going out to eat a lot is so HARD!

Jmtomaui, thanks for the tips!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I had my PT session today...a great workout as always. He even increased my arm weights which I didn''t think I''d be able to do, but I did!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
T and I went on our daily walk early today. It''s pretty cold so I had to bundle her up and I cut the walk a little short. I am going to step class later tonight since DH is back in town to watch T. And, the best new is I''ve actually been eating really good today (lots of fruits and veggies).

lliang~It''s nice have the treadmill in the basement. My daughter is 14 months old. I bet water polo is really fun to coach. It''s hard dealing with the high school age some times, but for the most part I''ve been pretty lucky! It''s also great being around something I truly love AND it also keeps me in shape.
2.gif

muse~Yay for a good session with the trainer!!

Tacori~You''re too kind, friend! I also wear shoes down fast...never have figured out exactly why. Sucks they don''t take all the kids outside to play at child watch.

Skippy~It''s cold here too! yuck! So exciting about your sister! The treadmill is nice to have just as a "back up." T is 14 months old. She''s so much fun. We are very proud and feel so lucky!

alli~Way to go keeping the calories down!

Dee*Jay~Yay for going back to Aspen. Hope the cross country skiing works out better this time!
41.gif

appletini~Yay for a good PT session!!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Afternoon, everyone,

I''ve been feeling a little weird today. My stomach feels like it''s going to explode (exaggeration, but you get my point), but I really haven''t eaten much today (just water, edamame & homemade sweet potato chips). And I feel like I''m running a slight fever & headache. Early this morning I was woken up by stomach cramps and I''ve been feeling a little off since.
7.gif
I even had to email my boss and tell him I''m taking the rest of the day as a sick day because I just couldn''t do anything. So I slept from 1:30-6PM basically. Still feel kinda weird.

This Sunday is the 8K I signed up for. I really wanted to train for it but kinda didn''t. I just want to break my 45 mins. Even if it''s 44:50 ha ha.

Skipp, New avatar! Let us know how spinach lasagna comes out. Mmmm... lasagna... CONGRATS to your sister
36.gif

Museik, awesome for the butt kicking workout! Don''t lose heart for loosing weight slowly. You''ll work with your body and you''ll see results. It took a long time for me to see results. I actually don''t think I''ve lost any weight even, but I do notice my pants are STARTING fit better. I have a pair of skinny pants I''m using as a guide.It took a LOOONG 4 months.

Tacori, AW, T''s still stuck in the baby room. She''s SUPER adorable I love looking at your avatar picture :) Yes I''ve made up with my sister & James so I guess things are getting better.

Alli, hooray for the healthy choices :) Good luck on the uber workouts.

Deejay!!! JEALOUS you''re going to Aspen AGAIN!!!!! I dunno if they''ll have any more snow but if they do, enjoy XC!!! I hear it''s a FANTASTIC workout.

Burk, Yay for fruits and veggies. I hope you make it to your step class

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh MAN, I am beat; there was a sub tonight and he was boxing champ!!
3.gif
He had us doing 5 mins of sprints, jump rope, lunges with weights, boxing (we used gloves), and we were teams pulling a rope, sprinting with the medicine ball passing off to each other, etc. He had us on teams so I really pushed myself so I wouldn't let our team down; I have a headache now (I think I should have stopped to catch my breath).
14.gif
It was a great workout though!!!!!
1.gif

I put together the lasagna before I left class, low fat ricotta, spinach, green onion, onion and a thin layer of mozzarella with spinach and parsley. I just now stuck it in the oven; it is perfect for this evening because it is dark, cold and cloudy. I probably will chop up some strawberries for dessert; I love that we can eat lots of strawberries because they are low cal. hehe Hope everyone has a great evening!!!! Thanks for the congrats on my sister; I am excited! hehe

ALLI, sorry you have been so busy; glad to see you back. I hope you sleep better. Yay for healthy food! Sounds like you are doing well, yay for a happy number!!! Thanks!

DEEJAY, woo for your PT workout. Aspen, how fun!!!! Thanks!

APPLE yay for PT and increasing the arm weights; I bet that feels good and you will be sore!

BURK, yay for a walk and your uber step class tonight!! Yum, I love fruits and veggies; you sound so healthy. I think I will eat strawberries for dessert! T, is tall! hehe Thanks!

LLIANG, aww, you poor sweet; I hope James takes good care of you and rest. Oh my flower pic was taken in Chicago last year near Millennium park. hehe Thanks!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Sorry I''ve been slow to keep up - my laptop hasn''t been liking my posts on PS, and I think it''s just running slow because I''ve bogged it down with photos again. Being on DH''s desktop is much easier.

Burk and Skippy - that''s awesome that you both do boxing/combat stuff! I went to Body Combat once at my old gym, dragging DH (then FI) with me. He loved it - I did not. I''m with Tacori, I heart Zumba! I just wish it fit into my schedule this semester.
7.gif
This summer I should be able to hit up the evening class. :) Skippy, your nephew sounds ADORABLE - congrats on the news that you''re going to be an auntie all over again!!

Fuzzers - Yayy! I''m glad you joined this week, too! Wow, you rock with the dorm food - I remember that being so much of the battle in college - but I do miss all the walking.

Rod - what a great suggestion about plateaus. Hope your uber thursday went well!

Lliang, what''s eggplant achar? I heart eggplant but never really know what to do other than grill it.

Museikchik - rrrrrg, I feel your pain. DH has hopped on to my healthy train and he''s competitive PLUS he loses weight so easily. It kills me. Still, 10 lbs is nothing to sniff about! I love the idea of an exercise log - what a great idea to be able to see the kind of work you''re putting in. Also, is that your kitty in your av?? That pic is priceless.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just had one of the hardest workouts of my life. I was dripping (gross...sorry!) Then we did some abs after. Tessa was a champ again. So I haven''t weighed myself lately but I HAVE noticed my body is changing (for the better). I still have lots of work but it''s good to know the last 8-9 weeks of working out weren''t for nothing.

Burk, I love cookies, cake, bread, chips...everything bad for you! Candy doesn''t really tempt me much but everything else does. I rarely bake for that reason.

Skippy, I am sure the books T likes would be too babyish for your nephew. Her favorite is "A Very Busy Spider." I think b/c she loves animal noises. She also likes "Goodnight Moon" and "It''s Not Easy Being a Rabbit." She would destroy pop up books! Having alone time IS fun. Catch up on those lifetime movies! Sounds like you had an awesome workout! Yay for your sister. Is she going to find out the sex? Sapphire baby...so jealous!

alli, I think diet means more than exercise for losing weight anyways. Yay for looser pants! People will notice soon!

Dee*Jay, I am so jealous of your life. Oh just hop over to Aspen hey?
2.gif
You deserve it!

Burk, it is cold and rainy here this week too. Boo! I want spring back!!! Yay for eating good! I am just being honest BTW. You are a hot mama! I am sure they don''t take the baby room out b/c they need more supervision. They do get to go on these big buggy rides which looks so cute when you see 6 little moon faces staring at you when you walk by. Of course once she moves into the toddler room she won''t be able to hang out with her boyfriends (my friend''s boy twins) since they are 2 months younger.

lliang, hope you aren''t sick! Are you in a lot of pain? I get ovarian cysts so that was my first thought. Hope you feel better and am glad everyone loves each other again!

El, Yay for Zumba!
36.gif
I think the teacher makes or breaks it though. I have an awesome one (which means it is CROWDED).

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Well, made it to step. Thursday night''s instructor isn''t very good so I cut out about 10 minutes early and ran on the treadmill and did abs myself. Probably going to just do a walk with T tomorrow since we have our VB tourney on Saturday. Want to have fresh legs.

lliang~Sorry you''re not feeling well. I''ve sort of been feeling similar....just "off." Hope you feel better soon!

Skippy~That class sounds like a good one! I like fruits and veggies, but unfortunately I like a lot of things that aren''t so good for me, too (like cookies
3.gif
). Yum for strawberries. I had a bunch for lunch. Is your lasagna recipe in the recipes thread? It sounds delish! Oh, and your new avi makes me so excited for spring!

Elmorton~I love combat. I love body step even more. I''m a high impact kind of girl. Zumba doesn''t really do it for me. I hope you''re able to fit it in your schedule this summer!

Tacori~Yay for good workout! I''m so glad that you''re starting to notice changes. You''ve been working so hard! I, too, love lot of "bad for you" foods. I shouldn''t bake, because it doesn''t stay around long between DH and I. I am hating this cold weather. T kept going to our back door saying "outside" and I kept trying to explain to her how cold it is but she would not take no for an answer so off we went for our walk. I''m sure it would be hard to supervise the little ones outside. Sounds so cute with the buggy rides, though.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey......today was ''uber'' but not in the usual way. My poor candidate who has an interview in Casper, WY., tomorrow, wound up flying into Denver this afternoon, just in time for as the weather channel is calling it........an "Epic Blizzard!" His flight to Casper was cancelled, he can''t drive there and I spent the entire afternoon working with the client, their travel agent and my candidate to rearrange the travel to tomoroow morning. But, the really sad thing for him is since the blizzard hit, every single hotel room anywhere near the airport was taken, so he has to spend the night in the airport. All night. All alone. With nowhere to sleep. Then, fingers crossed, his flight in the morning will get him from Denver to Casper and he''ll have to find some reserve energy and go through an all day interview. I feel so bad for him. The client is fully aware and certainly understands he''ll be exhausted before he even get''s there. It''s not the way one wants to go into an interview. So, I was still in the office after 7 and it was just too late to go to the gym. I came home and had a salad with Charlie and since I was a bit on the stressed side, we went and sat at the closer Sbucks and had a cup of coffee. At least it was an incredibly beautiful evening. Thank goodness, tomorrow''s Friday. We''re having our usual Friday night Sushi date, then Saturday''s Charlie''s birthday and we''re each getting an iPhone, then we''re going to a wonderful restaurant on the beach for his b-day dinner.

I''m sorry to not say hey to everyone individually, but I''m just beat and need to shut down and try to relax so I can get some sleep. Have a good Friday everyone........

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Ohmygosh Rod, that sounds awful..fingers crossed for your candidate! It sounds like the stress at the office will melt away when you get to this weekend! Enjoy your new iPhone!

Tacori, I totally agree that the instructor makes or breaks the class. Here there are two main instructors and their styles are really, really different. One is more aerobic and the other is more of a dancer...luckily I like them both a lot, even though I think the dancer''s class is a lot harder.

Burk, I''ve been meaning to try step. This is going to sound horrible...but I''m so scared that I''ll miss my step or something and fall on my face! Does anyone ever stumble? Good luck with your tourney this weekend!!

DH grilled chicken tonight (I am sooo glad it''s spring and that we''ve started to grill again! I cleaned my oven and I''m hoping we don''t use it anymore for a few months, haha) and we had steamed green beans. Part of me is a little creeped out by the packages where you just pop fresh green beans into the microwave because of plastic/toxins stuff, but they''re so easy and taste great - at least until I can get my hands on the famer''s market green beans! A couple of days ago I made an angel food cake, so we had a slice of that with strawberries and a sprinkling of coconut for dessert. One of my major problems is that I craaave sweet things and I don''t feel like a meal is over unless there''s something sweet at the end, so I''m really trying to combat that. Earlier this week, I made a crisp with some sliced up strawberries, a banana, and an apple, about a tablespoon of splenda brown sugar, a tbsp smart balance butter, and some rolled oats on top. I know it''s not ALL that healthy, but making dessert with a little more attention (actually measuring my butter/sugar, using better alternatives) and in a portion that was actually the right size for DH and me to share is something kinda new for this household. And it tasted JUST as good as its sinful counterparts!

museikchik

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 8:24:20 PM
Author: Elmorton
Sorry I''ve been slow to keep up - my laptop hasn''t been liking my posts on PS, and I think it''s just running slow because I''ve bogged it down with photos again. Being on DH''s desktop is much easier.

Burk and Skippy - that''s awesome that you both do boxing/combat stuff! I went to Body Combat once at my old gym, dragging DH (then FI) with me. He loved it - I did not. I''m with Tacori, I heart Zumba! I just wish it fit into my schedule this semester.
7.gif
This summer I should be able to hit up the evening class. :) Skippy, your nephew sounds ADORABLE - congrats on the news that you''re going to be an auntie all over again!!

Fuzzers - Yayy! I''m glad you joined this week, too! Wow, you rock with the dorm food - I remember that being so much of the battle in college - but I do miss all the walking.

Rod - what a great suggestion about plateaus. Hope your uber thursday went well!

Lliang, what''s eggplant achar? I heart eggplant but never really know what to do other than grill it.

Museikchik - rrrrrg, I feel your pain. DH has hopped on to my healthy train and he''s competitive PLUS he loses weight so easily. It kills me. Still, 10 lbs is nothing to sniff about! I love the idea of an exercise log - what a great idea to be able to see the kind of work you''re putting in. Also, is that your kitty in your av?? That pic is priceless.
Elmorton: I should be more excited about it except that my weight is slowly creeping back up. I just started working out with my trainer 3 times a week so I am hoping that it is muscle but I won''t find out until Sunday when I get measured. It is a kitty in my AV not mine though I just liked the picture.

Rod: My mom lives by Denver and she told me the snow is insane there. I would love to be in a blizzard right now. I haven''t seen one since we lived in VA like 14 yrs ago (OMG that is a long time).

So I met with my trainer and I was soo happy because we didn''t do any push-ups today. Instead we did my other favorite lunges. I can normally handle lunges but she had me carry a 30 lbs barbell behind my shoulders. I know I am going to feel it tomorrow. Anyway I just wanted to stop in and say hi. Maybe I will actually go to sleep early tonight.
36.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good morning!

Welcome fuzzers!

Lliang -- I''m sorry this week hasn''t been the best. Hopefully everyone will cool off soon and you can have a great weekend. I just read further in the thread. I hope you feel better soon!

Burk -- oh my gosh, I LOVE that picture of T! I lurk over in the mommies thread and I really love seeing all the cute PS babies and toddlers. That pic is adorable!

Thanks for asking about Zumba. It was fun! I thought the music was going to be more dance/hip hop type of stuff but it wasn''t. The music didn''t pump me up as much as I hoped it would, although I did like it. It was more traditional Latin music. I took the class with a coworker and she said the music changes from week to week, so we''ll see what it''s like next week. Anyway, as far as the moves go, yeah, I TOTALLY made up my own moves, and I can''t dance AT ALL. There were only 9 of us in the class (it''s relatively new to my health club), so it was kind of hard to hide out in the back. I tried though. I probably looked ridiculous but I didn''t really care. Halfway through the class, both feet hurt so much and I wanted to stop. I didn''t though, which was good. I had forgotten to take Tylenol before hand, so I''ll have to remember to load up next week before class so it kicks in during. My health club only offers Zumba on Thursday evenings and Friday mornings. Hopefully they''ll offer more classes throughout the week if it gets more popular. My heart rate was probably closer to the lower end in the range on the chart on the wall, but I figured as long as I kept moving the whole hour, it was going to be a pretty good workout overall.

Skippy -- my orthodics have been shaved down already a few months ago. I should go back to the doctor but I don''t know what else could be done at this point. Thanks for the suggestion. I will call and go in; I just haven''t done it yet. It sounds like you have a great time with your nephew. He sounds adorable, from everything you''ve said abut him.

Tacori -- It sounds like T. is handling child watch very well overall. Yay! Thanks for asking about Zumba. I''m definitely planning on going next week. I don''t know how I''m going to ever remember the steps though, since I cna only do it once a week at this gym. It''s supposed to rain here on Sunday, and I''m actually looking forward to it. I love a rainy day now and then.

Hi Apple, Dee, Rod, Alli, Elmorton, and Museik! I ran out of time to respond individually to everyone -- I have to finish getting ready for work. Have a good day though!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Elmorton, eggplant achar is Indian "pickle" with spices etc. It''s quite tasty, but if you don''t like Indian food (like James) you won''t like it. I make it with canola oil so not so bad for you. I used to HATE eggplant, but then I learned how to buy the male ones (the dash on the butt of the eggplant, not the circle) which has less seeds. Also I started to make baba ganouj, roasted eggplant dip. It''s TASTY!!!!

Take an eggplant and stab it all over with a fork.
Then pop it on the grill/in the oven/in the broiler. You want to keep turning it so it''s skin is blistered and blackened all over.
Then remove it from heat, allow it to cool a bit and peel all the skin off.
Then add 1-2 TBS of tahini (depends on if you like sesame and how big your eggplant is), olive oil, salt, pepper, 1 clove of garlic and 1/4 - 1/2 tsp cumin (optional).
You can whiz it in a food processor or mash it with a fork like you would bananas.

Serve with pita or baby carrots or cuke slices.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
**tip-toes in**

Hiya HLTers. I''ve been MIA these last couple of weeks, but kept things going with the workouts and good eating...

Until this week, which is BAD timing as i''m running a 10K tomorrow. OY!! I think i just lost steam and burned out. I could NOT get myself out of bed in the mornings and didn''t make it to the gym once.

I''ve been lurking a bit, reading the thread and hoping that your enthusiasm and support would knock me back into active mode. At least i''m on par with the good eating this workweek, and work has kept me on the run- it''s been busy, busy, busy!

Anyway, i promise to be back next week in full-force. I have a feeling that the race tomorrow will jump-start me- that''s if it doesn''t kill me first! I''m very worried since i didn''t train this week, but I''ll give it my all.

Please send me "good race PS dust"- i need all the help i can get. And lliang, i''ll be thinking about you on Sunday!

And can i say that y''all are ROCKSTARS! Here''s to pounds lost, healthy lunches, Zumba classes, uber workouts, and PT sessions.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Back from Circuit training pretty much like muscle hour. We used the bosu, ball and step; mixed the large muscles with small muscles like squats on the bosu with weights for the arms. The one thing I liked was a reverse push up where you lie on your tummy have your feet on the bosu and push up and then get into plank position; that was a great exercise, it really worked the triceps while engaging the core. I already am sore from that, oh we got to use the sliders too which was fun and worked the inner legs while working the shoulders with weights and more.

Today my chocolate baroque pearls came in, yay, I will have to post pictures soon.
41.gif
I also have some prefume that should be arriving; it is a fun little pick me up since it is so cold today! We have snow on our mountains and we are having a high of 40 ish. What happened to our 70ish degree weather? hehe We did the reverse, came in like a lamb and going out like a lion. ha! Have a great weekend all
35.gif

ELMORTON, good to see you back!! I probably won't be doing boxing again; it was fun though. We had a sub so he was a boxing champion and had us do it; I guess I could try his boxing class. Your DH sounds like a fabulous cook! I love angel food cake; one of my favorites!!! I love fresh strawberries too, yum and a crisp, yummy!

TACORI, yay for an awesome workout!!! Yay for your body tightening; that is awesome. Glad Tessa is doing great at childwatch; she is such a cutie! Oh I know Goodnight Moon, that book is so cute; my nephew likes it! I wish; I haven't watched any lifetime movies, hopefully I will catch one this weekend. hehe

BURK, yay for step but sorry it wasn't the best. Gosh hearing about you going to step has me missing it. Hope you win your tournament, go Burk go!! Yay! Oh I did post the lasagna recipe https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/wwt-healthier-recipes-thread-post-your-recipes-here.85010/page-5 i will just add it to this thread too. It is very yummy if you like spinach. hehe

ROD, oh no, that poor poor guy; I was stranded in the airport once and had to sleep on the floor. I hated it; my heart goes out to that guy and I hope the snow melts quickly. Did he get a flight? I hope Charlie is doing better today, sending him a hug. Happy Birthday to Charlie;
emcake.gif
how fun and iphone!
36.gif

MUSE, yay for lunges and an awesome workout!

ZOE, yay for zumba!!! Glad you are going back! My gym doesn't offer Zumba; they do offer salsa, is that the same or similar?? Thank you about my nephew; he is a fun little kid! hehe Kids have so much energy, it is nutty! I bet you see that with your kids in class. hehe

LLIANG, Wow, sounds yummy! Oh I like tahini!

CHARGER, yay for your 10k tomorrow, you are a rockstar, woman!!!
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

Spinach Lasagna for Burk

I make this often lately and it is low cal.

I bought the no bake lasagna noodles, 1 can of spaghetti sauce (the kind you like), yellow onion, garlic, green onion, low fat Ricotta 15 oz''s, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan reggiano (I keep it around since it lasts forever, not the powdered stuff), spinach and parsley.

Ingredients
6 no bake lasagna noodles
spaghetti sauce
yellow onion
garlic (3 cloves)
green onion
Spinach (I used 1 lb and steamed them and then drain)
parsley
low fat Ricotta 15 or 16 oz
mozzarella 8 oz
Parmesan (optional)
Directions

I got a pot of water boiling and then threw in the spinach and turned off the stove so they would stem down), then I poured out the water and let them sit in a strainer to drain. Then in a pan I sauteed the yellow onions and the garlic and close to the end of them being done I added the chopped green onion. I then chopped parsley about 1 cup and set it aside.

Okay, so I get out a big pan and pour sauce on the bottom or the no bake noodles are hard when they cook, I guess they soften with the sauce, then layer the noodles, then add more sauce, then the ricotta, then squeeze out the water from the spinach (I bet you could use frozen spinach just fine and less work), then pour over the 2 types of onion and garlic, then sprinkle on the parsley, then layer mozzarella, then more sauce, another noodle layer, then sauce, and then grated Parmesan or mozzarella. Then I baked at 350 covered with tin foil for 45 mins and then uncovered for the last 15 minutes. You could add more of whatever you like based on if you love spinach or cheese. It came out terrific with the parsley, garlic and onions, lots of good flavor

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey........I was actually on the phone with my poor stranded candidate till nearly midnight last night. My candidate got no sleep, but did get on an early morning flight to Casper this morning and had an all day interview, completely exhausted. I spoke with him briefly and he hopes it went well. I guess we''ll know next week. Otherwise, it was a really slooooow day at work today. Several people took the day off, so it was also really quiet. I left at 5:30, which is kind of rare these last couple months and met Charlie for sushi. We had tart frozen yogurt for dessert, then we just picked up a couple cups of decaf and have spent the evening with Sakai on the couch. We should have a really nice day for Charlie''s birthday tomorrow. I probably won''t check in again till Sunday.

Thanks Elmorton. I am really looking forward to getting an iPhone. I''m a toy guy. I love toys!! The grilled chicken sounded wonderful. I''m with you that I need something sweet after dinner. One thing you might want to consider is dark chocolate. Dark chocolate is good for you and is heart healthy. The higher the cacao count the better. So, after most dinners, I have two pieces of Lindt Dark Chocolate - 70% Cacao. If I want something more after that, I usually have a Fuji Apple. They''re so sweet and crisp!

Yay for a good session with your trainer museikchik. I do weighted lunges, or at least I usually do them. With the pain in my leg the last couple weeks, I have been avoiding them. I have a client in Denver and was speaking with him today and he commented yesterday was really bad. It seems that area get''s their worst snow storms in late March/early April.

Hey Zoe, I''m glad you had fun at Zumba..........

I''m not a big fan of Indian food lliang, but thanks for the recipe..........

I''m glad you''ve kept up with your workouts and healthy eating Charger!

Yay for Circuit training Skippy. Sore is good. You accomplished something!! I''ll have to look for the pics of your pearls!! 40ish??? Brrrr, for this late in March, that''s pretty chilly, but at least you didn''t have a blizzard to contend with.........Charlie said thanks for the birthday wishes!!

OK.......I''m pretty tired. Have a great Saturday everyone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi.We had quite an adventure over the last few days.Wednesday we headed to Denver for a jazz concert. We booked a room at the Brown Palace – a bit pricey but very nice and within walking distance to the concert.We arrived Wednesday afternoon and were delighted to hear we’d been upgraded to a suite.What a deal!It was on the top of 9 floors, a corner with about 15 windows total.We had a dining area with bar, a living room complete with entertainment center and large TV, a desk with printer, a bedroom with setting area, king sized bed, a vanity room, a walk in closet and a giant bathroom.We went to the bar and we both had two drinks and the bar tab was $99.Ouch.We called our friends who were going to the concert and told them to meet at our place as we certainly had the room.LOL.After they showed up we headed to dinner.A first for me was riding on public transportation.They have a little shuttle bus that runs up and down the 16th street mall downtown so we rode it to get to the restaurant.Everyone was laughing that I’d never used public transportation before but they really freaked out when I told them I’ve never been in a taxicab before either.I guess I’ve led a sheltered life.

Dinner was at a fondue restaurant.I had steak and mashed potatoes.They bring your assorted sauces to dip your food.Then we headed to the jazz concert at a cool historic theater.It was pretty cool place and I did like the music.After the concert we walked back to our hotel unaware that if we were smart we would have headed home.

Thursday morning we had breakfast at our hotel.We were seated about 7:30 and the snow had already started.By the time we were finished the snow was really coming down so Marty called his boss telling her that he was going to head home instead of attending the meeting at corporate that started at 1 pm.We were in the car before 9.By the time we are on the interstate there is already about 5 inches of snow and slush on the road and it is getting cold enough everything is freezing.Idiots are driving way too fast for the conditions and we see accidents everywhere.About 50 miles later (90 minutes time) we stop for gas and coffee.Just the time we were there the conditions worsened and we decided the interstate was too busy and too dangerous so we decide to take a back road to get to Ft.Collins knowing we’ll probably have to stay there anyway as the road past there is closed.We head that direction going east to west and the blizzard is now in full force and we are driving in a complete white out.We can’t see a thing in front of us.We go a few miles and Marty decides to turn around and head back to the interstate to find a motel.

We stopped at the first motel we find and get a room.The guy at the desk tells us we have a microwave and frig in our room so we’d best go get some food.We drove to a convenience store even though it was less than a block away but trust me you couldn’t walk far in the blizzard.We picked up a few frozen entrees, a few cheese sticks, a small bag of M&M’s (you need chocolate) and a bag of snack mix.On a whim I picked up a loaf of bread and a jar of peanut butter which was a good idea since Marty got hungry and we needed breakfast today.We head back to our hotel room and can barely find the driveway.We get in our room about noon and watched TV until their satellite dish got covered with snow and we lost reception.We stayed in our little room, without alcohol or internet or books or games, just looking out the window and being relieved we were safe. This morning one of the roads home was open so we got on the road about 7.It took us 2 hours to go 70 miles but we made it home without incident.We saw several accidents even this morning.

On future trips I will remember to take alcohol, a book, a deck of cards and snow boots.Not like I could walk in that kind of wind – when we were at the convenience store the wind was knocking me over.Marty had to hold on to me and the food.Our house sure looked good when we got home today.

Burk, rats for missing body combat class but the treadmill is always a good thing too.I am a sucker for cookies too – especially straight out of the oven.I usually have a couple of classes in the summer too but this summer I will just have one.

Skippy, I am glad you had a fun time with your nephew.I am sure your order of McNuggets didn’t do you any harm.My tooth still doesn’t feel right but I am giving it a chance to see if I get used to it.Glad you are having a fun time to yourself.Marty is off to Arizona again for a few days – I best remind him to get my TJ cookies.Your sub really worked all of you in class and I am sure you were the star of your team.Your lasagna sounds great.I can’t wait to see your new pearls.I hope it warms up soon.We will get warm weather then more snow storms.Ugh.

Tacori, I am sure Tessa will get more used to the child care at the gym.In a year or two she’ll look forward to her “friends” there.Thanks for the compliments on my cake and flowers.I am glad this weekend I won’t have to make anything.Yippee.Great news you had such a terrific workout at class.

Fuzzers, it sounds like you eat very healthy food.

Rod, I am glad you leg is doing better.I will certainly keep my ears open for positions to fill.I assume we can have an administrator give you my email address or vice-versa.I wouldn’t want put on our forum where either of us work.I am so sorry to hear about the candidate having problems getting to Casper.Trust me they had the storm bad in Casper too.I am glad his interview lasted all day – that sounds like a good thing.I hope he gets the position.Happy Birthday to Charlie tomorrow.Your client in Denver is right, April and May are our wettest months out here and we get a lot of snow storms.

Lliang, I completely understand how making cookies makes you happy.I was like that with making flowers for cakes.The sad thing for me with cookies is I like to eat them.I agree this group has had it’s share of dental work.I hope you feel better.Good luck with your 8K on Sunday.

Museikchik, glad to hear you had a great workout with your trainer.LOL at wanting to ask your friend to get out of the car.It’s tough to compare yourself to someone else though.You are losing at just the right speed for you.

Alli, it’s tough to stick to your routine away from home.Definitely make sure to get enough sleep – of course that is not my strong suit either.I hope you see great numbers on Monday too.

DeeJay, trust me they have more snow in Aspen.

Appletini, yeah for another workout today and for increasing your arm weights.

Elmorton, I hate it when computers are slow.I am not a patient person.Your grilled chicken sounds great.We use our grill year round here – we just brush off the snow.I am a big fan of something that doesn’t give me a lot of dishes.

Zoe, sounds like you are having fun with Zumba.Definitely take a few Tylenol before going to class.

ChargerGirl, good luck and much PS dust coming your way for the 10K run.

Well, have a great weekend.Take care.

Marcy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results