shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 22nd Dec till 28th Dec

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HEY JEFF!!!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

I was saying in another thread, we will both probably be doing the same thing, eating what we want for 3 days then getting back on the wagon afterwards ( I have sausage rolls and vol au vents in the oven as I type this!
18.gif
)

Good to see you!
35.gif

and i am jealous of your snow.
39.gif

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Thanks, Lorelei!

Good to see you, too! Eat, drink and be merry!

Jeff

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/24/2008 7:16:38 AM
Author: Modified Brilliant
Thanks, Lorelei!

Good to see you, too! Eat, drink and be merry!

Jeff
I certainly will, and I wish you the same dear Sir!
35.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei, Skippy, Dee, Marcy, Rod, Merry, and all my other HLTer friends, thanks for the kind words. I''ll be out of town from now through Jan 1 and will most definitely be back, and ready to jump back on the exercise wagon, then.

Charger, congrats on all of your success! You are working so hard and it''s paying off! How fantastic.

Zoe, hooray for vacation!

Nice to see you, Jeff. ANother stray makes me feel better about not having been so faithful to my exercise.

Marc, I hope you''ve caught up on your sleep.

Miska, brussel sprouts and brown rice sounds yummy! Do you do anything special to it? Mix them together? Seasonings?

Dragon, the kayak will be so fun! Enjoy.

Rod, enjoy Roy''s and your lobster! We have a local Mexican place that prepares them Puerto Nuevo style (tortillas, butter, rice and beans, assemble as you wish) and they are to die for. I actually learned to like lobster they prepare it so well!

Merry Christmas (or whatever you may celebrate) and Happy New Year to all of you. See you in 2009.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kimmy - have a wonderful time and see you when you return!
35.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Oh and I forgot to mention my oven was fixed on Monday...its so nice and quiet now, no more space shuttle blastoff in the kitchen.

I havne''t tried any new Ellie recipes in awhile.

And its raining this morning so not sure I''ll get to walk/jog.

Merry Christmas!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Happy Christmas Eve!

I want to take a moment to THANK all of you for being part of this supportive thread. It''s truly inspiring to be here. I''ve learned so much about how to live a healthy lifestyle, and also about myself. I''m looking forward to continuing on this journey, hand in hand with each of you!

A super-duper special THANKS to Lorelei- I look forward to reading your words of wisdom each Monday. THANK YOU for all you do!

And THANKS to y''all for your kind words about my BC stats. I''m pleased as punch!

I hit the gym this morning, and took their BOOT CAMP class. Wow, it was a great workout- there''s NO WAY i could''ve gotten thru it 2 months ago. It was a great reminder of how far i''ve come.

Just thought I''d pass along some info from today''s Hungry Girl email. If you don''t subscribe, you should check her out- especially WW folks! Although I don''t care for her processed food recipes/tips, she does have some good info.

Anyway, today she posted her top food-related websites:
Here is a list of my favorites:

1. CalorieKing - This site is THE place to go for nutritional info. There are other sites that are similar, but this has the most complete and accurate database of nutritionals for generic, name-brand, and restaurant foods. I visit it dozens of times every week.

2. Dotti''s Weight Loss Zone - Dotti has what I think is THE best database of Weight Watchers POINTS® values for foods from specific restaurants. As with any u nofficial site, you should try to double-check the stats to be sure they''re accurate and up-to-date. Dotti ROCKS.

3. WeightWatchers.com - Even if you''re not following the WW plan, this website is a FANTASTIC resource. The message boards are amazing, and anyone can search away on them. If you''re a member with a question about anything under the sun, post it on the boards and you''ll have dozens of answers almost INSTANTLY -- that''s what I like best about the WW site. While members get the most from this site, there are tons of articles and valuable info available to everyone as well.

4. SparkPeople - I receive hundreds of emails from people each month who RAVE about Sparkpeople.com. Join for free, and you''ll have access to to ns of tools, the site''s community, health articles, and more. People SWEAR by it. There''s even a team for HG fans. WOOHOO!

5. The Daily Plate - Thedailyplate.com is fantastic. With a food journal, exercise tracker, calorie calculator, and database of a bazillion foods, this site is one of the best out there. You really need to be organized, though, to get the maximum benefits from it, since there''s a lot going on there.

6. The World''s Healthiest Foods - Worldshealthiestfoods.com is an amazing resource for food info. Find out which foods are the most nutritious and why, plus find recipes and fantastic articles. The book version is an absolute FOOD BIBLE, and the site itself is packed with info.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Merry X-Mas Eve kids!

This morning I did a HARD hour on the hampster wheel. (Maybe *too* hard; my right knee is kind of sore now... ) Not doing much today. Getting a mani/pedi in a few hours just because I have nothing else to do. Unfortunately the place I go is a major department store, but the HH is going to drop me off and I''ll just zip out the front door and get a cab when I''m done so hopefully it won''t be too grim an experience.

Wishing everyone a day filled with eggnog, having the tape and scissors right at your fingertips when you need them, and holiday cheer. Ho ho ho!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS; have a fabulous day all!!! I am off to bag luminarias; hubby is working but he will help me tonight. Then a there is a party on our street that we will stop in and there is a Balloon glow also so I am sure we will catch that since it is in walking distance. Tomorrow is mass and then a Christmas lunch with family here at my house, yay.

Hope your day is Fabulous wonderful Healthy friends!!!
36.gif
Everyone who is traveling be safe, and those that are cooking, bless the cook! hehe HUGE HUGS ALL!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just a quick check in to say happy holidays to everyone! I hope everyone has a great couple of days with friends and family.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.
35.gif
I didn’t check in last night because let’s just say I can’t hold my liquor like I used to – I don’t know how many glasses of wine I had but it was about 3 too many.I blathered on and on and unfortunately for Marty I am not a happy person when I get drunk on wine.I fell down, lost a contact and knocked a full glass of water over but other than that I survived.Ha Ha.I don’t feel bad today which is kind of shocking.I won’t be pulling that trick again anytime soon.
MerryMunky, I hope you got to go shopping with your mum today.It sounds fun.Rats for your FI’s car breaking down.
Lorelei, we are blessed to have you and love you as well.
Miscka, my rings were tight this morning so I can sympathize with you are being puffy.I wished I’d passed up the wine last night too_Oh well, I do love cookies and brownies.I didn’t used to mind plain white rice until I had to eat it so much.
Dragonfly, how fun to get a kayak.That will be great exercise.
Appletini, that is cold for where you live.I am glad it’s back in the 70’s.We got in the low 30’s today but the wind chill is still below zero.Glad to hear your oven is fixed.
ChargerGirl, no I can’t believe Christmas is almost here.Good luck on the remodeling project.Marty remodeled our master bath last summer.It was a lot of work for him but it turned out nice.Congratulations on such great results from boot camp.

Skippy, we went to the mall today for awhile as well.It was pretty busy.I am glad you had fun playing legos with your nephew.
Zoe, enjoy your vacation.I notice I am one of the last posters too.Even some of us in PST zones seem to be off the forum before I go to bed.I never was a early to bed person.I am glad you say good morning to me – I’ll start saying goodnight to you when I log off.
Rod, that chocolate cake is near enough to taste now.Enjoy and savor every bite.
Linda, that is nice Rick will watch lifetime movies with you.I like the commercial about the nav system trying to get the jewelry.I love the gag gift for the boys.That is great.
Jeff, the last few weeks have been bad for me too.
Kimi, have a great time on vacation.I hope to catch up on my sleep someday.
DeeJay, I hope your knee feels better.

I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!
Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Merry Christmas Eve Everyone!!

It was a nice day. I slept till around 9, had a cup of coffee, a scone and bowl of fresh fruit for breakfast, then went directly to "Lobster Haven!" to get the lobsters and clams for tomorrow's dinner. I got a 3.5 pounder for me and a 2.5 pounder for Charlie. I also got 3.5 pounds of steamers. I can't wait for tomorrow's dinner!! From there, I went to the store to get our slices of chocolate cake, and was so disappointed to wait in line to find out they were sold out. So, I bought chocolate cake from Fresh Market, which I'm sure will be good, but not as good as the cake I've waited an entire year to have. We had dinner tonight at Roy's, which was just fantastic. For appetizers we had lobster dim sum and a sushi roll, both of which were just too good for words. I had an 8 oz., filet for my main course and Charlie had a trio of fish which he said was outstanding. We did indulge and shared a piece of their homemade pineapple upside down cake for dessert. It was very small, so it satisfied our sweet tooth, but couldn't have broken the calorie bank. I just gave Charlie his first present (a brand new waffle iron!) so we can have waffles for breakfast tomorrow morning!

We're now watching A Christmas Story, which we watch every Christmas Eve, so I'll check in again tomorrow.

I just wanted to wish all of you a wonderful holiday. This is such a wonderful and supportive family here and you all mean a lot to me.

I did have to say hey to Jeff. Thanks for popping in and letting us know you're OK. Come back soon, will you?

And to all a good night!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HO HO HO!!!

Opened presents this morning (the most fun is always giving the fur monsters their gifts, LOL) and then did a semi-hard hour on the hampster wheel and two sets of arms. Was rather horrified by the number on the scale this morning (128.5) so that inspired me.

The HH is upstairs toiling away on whatever will become Christmas dinner. Not sure what it is but it certainly smells DELISH!

Not much else to report. Gotta go make the family calls. Hope everyone has a WONDERFUL WONDERFUL day!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays. eeek, we went to a wonderful party on our street at the neighbors home yesterday and a neighbor gave me some special Whiskey and oh boy I am a tiny bit hung over this morning! I didn't know it was that strong.
6.gif
Oh gosh, these friends make the best food,
3.gif
smoked meats and the best homemade posole, yum!!! Also, I met NM's Miss NM America; she was super pretty and sweet!!! Our whole neighborhood put out luminarias (paper bags with candles in them) and lined the streets with them. They also lit the hot air balloons for a glow. Hubby is making lunch and family should be over in 1 1/2 hrs. My cousin brought over homemade chocolate covered cherries, bad cousin. hehe

Dee, I am up a lb but we will lose it in no time! hehe

Hope everyone has a fabulous day with family, or eating lobster or just relaxing!!!! xoxoxoox to my Healthy Lifestyle family
36.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Merry Christmas!
35.gif
I hope this finds all of you happy, well and that Santa was good to you.
santaclause.gif

I made BF then we opened our presents.I am excited Marty got me a pink mouse to match my pink laptop.Yippee.I also got a pedometer, a sweater, a digital photo frame, a rubik’s cube with only 4 squares per side (I probably still can’t do it ha ha), some Snoopy ornaments and a garnet ring.
We are laving lunch with my parents today.

Rod, I hope your chocolate cake lives up to your expectations since you had to buy it somewhere else.I bet the waffles were wonderful for breakfast.
DeeJay, I am not even going to look at the scale until next Monday.I am sure your extra few pounds will be gone in no time.You are dedicated getting on the hamster wheel on Christmas.

Skippy, the luminaries sound lovely and of course having a balloon glow is always pretty to see.Chocolate covered cherries sound yummy.I got a small bag of Ghirardelli caramel squares in my stocking.No worries your extra pound will be gone in a flash.
Hugs to all of you.
slider_grouphugg.gif

Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Merry Christmas Everyone!

It''s been a truly lovely day. We stared the day using our new waffle iron, which makes great waffles. I had also bought some homemade Italian chicken sausage links, which were really good too. Then we opened gifts. I got new workout shoes (Woo Hoo!), plus several other things that were really nice. Even on a budget, Santa did well for both of us! In the early afternoon, we had out New England steamers. They were such a treat. Then about 5 we steamed the lobsters, which were just fantastic. We also had homemade coleslaw and suauteed new potatoes. The chocolate cake was good, but not what I had waited a whole year for. It was just OK. It''s just been a nice day all around. Poor Charlie has to be at work at 5 AM tomorrrow morning. But he does have the afternoon off, so we''re going to the gym and we each have a shirt we want to exchange at the mall afterwards. Then, we''ll have our usual Friday night Sushi at favorite sushi place #1.

I''m glad you enjoyed giving the animals their gifts. And how impressive that you still exercised on Christmas day. I didn''t even exercise today!

Sounds like Santa treated you well Marcy! I''ll bet you''ll enjoy the pedometer. Can you imagine what you would have thought three years ago if Marty had gotten you something like that?

I''m glad you had such a good time at the patry last night Skippy. I hope you had a wonderful day with your family today!

I so hope everyone enjoyed the day today. Hugs to all my friends.............

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, maybe get your cake for New Years - you deserve it as much as you workout and eat healthy. If Marty had got me a pedometer 3 years ago I would have not liked it at all. I am glad the rest of your day was great.

Here is a Christmas collage with us from 2005 and today. The best present I could ever give myself is my health!

Xmasbeforeandafter.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW Marcy, the collage could have been two completely different couples. It''s clear that Marty''s lost weight too. You''re such an inspiration Marcy!

I think I will break my once a year rule and try for the chocolate cake I waited so long for and have a slice on New Years Day this year.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Rod. I don''t think I look much like my old self at all; Marty has certainly lost weight too. I am glad you are going to get some chocolate cake for New Year''s. I am going to make homemade gingerbread that day with real whip cream.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW!!! Marcy that pic is AMAZING!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Hi all!

We had a wonderful day, I spent most of it in the kitchen cooking the turkey and all the trimmings but the dinner turned out great so it was worth it.

I then sat down for the rest of the evening and watched some Christmas movies and vintage TV shows which I enjoyed very much. I had a few goodies but didn''t overdo it.

Back to working out tomorrow, or I might just have a quick session on the treddy later.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good morning!

I hope everyone had a great Christmas! We missed my sister and BIL but we checked in with them and it sounds like the were able to spend the day with friends. Santa was very good to us. The lighting in our kitchen is horrile (one overhead light in the middle of the kitchen and that''s it), and my parents are going to help us pay to get new lighting put in. Yay!! Even though it was a small Christmas this year because of the economy, my dad retiring next week, and our upcoming family trip to Key West, my parents were very generous to us. We had gotten them a few things that we picked up along the way on our honeymoon in Quebec back in July. We had a great turkey dinner and yummy desserts, and now I can honestly say that I''m kind of sick of sweets for the time being. I brought all of the treats that my kids gave me to my parents and my in-laws on Christmas Eve, so there''s nothing left in our house. I''m very glad about that.

Skippy -- you drink Whiskey??? For some reason, that surprises me! It sounds like you had a very fun holiday!

Marcy -- I hope you felt okay yesterday after the wine you had the other day. Wow, the collage you posted is amazing. You look fantastic!

Rod -- I''m sorry that after waiting all year, you missed your chocolate cake, but hopefully you''ll be able to get a piece for New Year''s. It sounds like your Christmas dinner was really good. I love lobster. I LOVE waffles too, and I hope you and Charlie enjoyed the ones you made with your new waffle iron.

Dee Jay -- what did your husband make for dinner?

Lorelei -- it sounds like you had a very relaxing Christmas. Watching Christmas movies is always fun to do.

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Merry Christmas everyone! Sounds like you folks all have been having delightful holiday seasons.
1.gif

I''m ok, I''ve been seeing my personal trainer for nearly three weeks now and I adore him, of course, because he is kicking my buttocks all over the gym. I''m almost always sore and complaining. Poor everyone around me.
31.gif
Anyway I don''t see much in the way of results yet, but hey it''s been three weeks, not three months. My arms and back are looking a bit more spiffed up, but not my ultimate goal: hot legs. I see him again tonight, and tonight is mostly legs, so onward and upward!

Besides the two pounds of "get in my belly!" See''s chocolate that my dad sent me for Christmas, I''ve been doing ok with minimizing my junk intake. My trainer says I can eat whatever I want, but in the back of my head that seems counterintuitive. Plus, he doesn''t know about my Froot Loop/bread/chai/gummi bear diet. Heh heh.

ANYWAY, hi to all you gorgeous ladies and men!
41.gif
Everyone keep up the fabulous work and if you''re not doing as well as you''d hoped you''d be, just pick yourself up and try again.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/26/2008 7:54:47 AM
Author: Julianna
Merry Christmas everyone! Sounds like you folks all have been having delightful holiday seasons.
1.gif

I''m ok, I''ve been seeing my personal trainer for nearly three weeks now and I adore him, of course, because he is kicking my buttocks all over the gym. I''m almost always sore and complaining. Poor everyone around me.
31.gif
Anyway I don''t see much in the way of results yet, but hey it''s been three weeks, not three months. My arms and back are looking a bit more spiffed up, but not my ultimate goal: hot legs. I see him again tonight, and tonight is mostly legs, so onward and upward!

Besides the two pounds of ''get in my belly!'' See''s chocolate that my dad sent me for Christmas, I''ve been doing ok with minimizing my junk intake. My trainer says I can eat whatever I want, but in the back of my head that seems counterintuitive. Plus, he doesn''t know about my Froot Loop/bread/chai/gummi bear diet. Heh heh.

ANYWAY, hi to all you gorgeous ladies and men!
41.gif
Everyone keep up the fabulous work and if you''re not doing as well as you''d hoped you''d be, just pick yourself up and try again.
COOEE Miss Julianna, happy holsies to you!!
35.gif
Is your trainer making you use the stairmaster thingie?

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/26/2008 8:00:39 AM
Author: Lorelei

COOEE Miss Julianna, happy holsies to you!!
35.gif
Is your trainer making you use the stairmaster thingie?
Apparently I'm in charge of cardio!
32.gif
When I see him we only do muscley things in the vein of machine work, miles of lunge walking, all kinds of kettle ball, bosu ball and medicine ball nonsense, and so forth! I must say, though, there have been many days when I haven't been able to stand or walk effectively, much less run, so I've been lacking in the cardio department as late. I've missed yoga class after yoga class, too, for the same reason. It'll get better sometime, I imagine.

On a strange cardio note, he said at our initial consultation that I was overdoing the cardio (I was doing 30 minutes, 5 times a week). He said I was probably eating muscle (based on my body fat test and so forth). I told him that I guess I WAS eating muscle, cause I sure wasn't ridding myself of any thigh fat! HAR! I'll take his word for it.

So to actually answer your question, he says I should be doing 30 minutes thrice a week, on my own time. And I swear to you, some day I'll actually get back to doing just that!!
9.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy day after kids!

Did twenty minutes on the hampster wheel and fifty-two on the dreadmill (don''t ask... ) this morning.

The HH made the MOST WONDERFUL shortribs with onions and potates last night, and we started with a mushroom soup that was just divine. YUM! Fortunately there are lots of left overs, and I''m about to go and enjoy a plate of them right now!

In a mad scramble today because the inspection that was supposed to happen today at 1:30 is now being rescheduled so I''ve go to get everyone lined up all over again, hopefully for tomorrow. Argh!

museikchik

Shiny_Rock
Good morning everyone,
I hope that everybody had a wonderful Christmas/holiday. I know I did. I ate soo much on Christmas day. I cheated and went to McDonald''s since all the grocery stores were closed on Christmas morning. Then my FI made the best mashed potatoes ever so I had to have those. So this morning I woke up and said no matter what I am going to the gym today. I have been wanting to take the Turbo Kick Boxing class forever but can never do it because they only have it when I am work. So I decided to go today. Within the first 10 minutes I was out of breath and sweaty but I didn''t let myself give up. I stayed for the entire class. But whole body hurts but I am soo proud of myself. I was wearing my little body bugg thing that counts the calories you burn. I just plugged it in and found that I burned 1200 calories from that class! Can you believe it?! If that number is correct then I definitely burned the mashed potatoes I ate yesterday. Anyway I am super excited. I need to hop in the shower before I pass out. Talk to everyone later.

Rod: I just wanted to let you know the "A Christmas Story" is one of my favorite Christmas movies ever. Everytime it is on TV I have to watch it.
1.gif

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Hello everyone.

I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and Boxing Day.

I had a great time. Got lots of nice presents. I still feel full from all the food though!

I am going to start the new year with an eating plan again and hope for a lot of success in 2009!

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Ok..I''m back on track..just had a nice long workout and got my heart rate up.

It wasn''t bad at all considering the 4 week layoff.

Just do it!!
1.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey........

It was a beautiful day in Florida. Poor Charlie had to be a towrk at 5 AM ugh, but he was off at noon, so after he came home and changed, we headed out for lunch and coffee under the oak. We hit the gym around 2 PM and had a very nice productive workout. After the gym, we went to two malls, one to return a couple things and the other to see what was on sale at Banana Republic. I returned a shirt at Ruehl (I don''t know if you have them where you are, but my body wasn''t made to wear Ruehl clothes (their clothes are way too form fitting), so I wound up getting a long sleeve t-shirt at Banana Republic in it''s place. From there, we headed direclty to favorite Sushi place #1 and had a wonderful dinner, followed by a cup of decaf at the closer Sbucks to our condo. Charlie''s working till 10 PM tomorrow night, so I''m not sure what I''ll get into, but won''t go to the gym as we''ll go Sunday afternoon. I know I''ll use my gift certificate at Best Buy and get a new set of headphones for the gym. Otherwise, it will just be a quiet day.

Lorelei, it sounds like you all had a very nice day. I hope the turkey was really nice and juicy!! I''m glad you allowed yourself a few goodies too!

I''m glad Santa treated you all well Zoe!! How great of your parents to help you get new lighting for your kitchen! We really did enjoy the waffles made on our new waffle iron. I had actaully looked at the waffle irons at Williams Sonoma. I can''t imagine what they could possibly do for $200, so I bought a Cuisinart for $50 and it did a great job! I am going to do my best to get the chocolate cake I really wanted for New Years!

Yay for a great trainer Julianna! How great that you can see progress in your up arms and back!! Interesting that your trainer suggested you cut cardio back to 3, thirty minute sessions a week. I notice that the real ''uber'' boys at the gym rarely do cardio. Even thought I do work hard to build muscle, I also want a really healthy cardo system, so I''ll keep up my cardio sessions at the end of each workout.

Your Christmas dinner sounded great DeeJay. Sorry about the inspection being rescheduled.......

Hey museikchik, your''e allowed to have whatever you want on Christmas!. Yay for taking the Turbo Kick Boxing class today and for making it through the entire class!! I''m glad you''re a fan of "A Christmas Story" too. It''s amazing to note that when it was first introduced in 1983, it bombed at the box office. Now, ti''s a holiday tradition for so many.........

I''m glad you had a nice Christmas merrymunky! I''m sure you''ll find lot''s of success in ''09!

I''ll check in again tomorrow. Have a nice Saturday everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results