shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 22nd Dec till 28th Dec

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new week!

It just remains for me to say THANK YOU to all who post and read in the HLT for all the support you give to each other each week, and to wish everyone a very happy Holiday!
Thanks also to our hosts Andrey and Ali for creating the Healthier Lifestyle forum and for giving us the opportunity to participate in this thread.

Have fun and enjoy some festive goodies and don't forget your strategies! Even if you do overdo it, just get back on track and this will correct things very quickly.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
35.gif

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Lorelei - I am sure everyone here would wish to extend a special thank you to you also. Every week you create a thread for us HLTers to meet and support each other. Your personal support and advice is invaluable to us.

And for that we are grateful.

So thank you.
36.gif

I know I have been fairly absent recently but I have not given up. I am sure that with the help and support of everyone here, 2009 will finally be the year I get myself into gear properly and find success in meeting my weight loss goals. Who kows, there might even be a wedding date set if things go well.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/22/2008 7:46:37 AM
Author: merrymunky
Lorelei - I am sure everyone here would wish to extend a special thank you to you also. Every week you create a thread for us HLTers to meet and support each other. Your personal support and advice is invaluable to us.

And for that we are grateful.

So thank you.
36.gif

I know I have been fairly absent recently but I have not given up. I am sure that with the help and support of everyone here, 2009 will finally be the year I get myself into gear properly and find success in meeting my weight loss goals. Who kows, there might even be a wedding date set if things go well.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!
Merry I am very touched, thank you so much for your kind words!

I know you haven''t given up and you WILL be successful I have no doubt! It isn''t that easy to leap into a healthier lifestyle with a happy cry, sometimes it takes some thinking through and preparation before we are finally ready to make the big change, and I know you will! Keep working towards your goals!
35.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great Message Lorelei, you are a classy lady and you rock for starting this thread getting us going on our healthy way each week, thank you friend for your encouraging words, like a beacon light!
36.gif
36.gif

Good Morning Gang!!!
35.gif
Eeek, we are suppose to get lots of snow this week!!! Me thinks I am like Rod; it is pretty but don't love it staying around. hehe My nephew was suppose to come over but we will see since my sister wasn't feeling too well. Hopefully I get to watch him, if not I get to get my allergy shots a bit earlier and I have presents to deliver to the nurses who are always so good to me.
emgift.gif
We will probably have some Vegtable & Chicken Lentil soup tonight, yay! I need to run to the farmers market and get some avocados so I can have my avocado sandwiches w/sprouts, love those things. hehe

I have all my presents wrapped and I just need to deliver one present but everything is ready. hehe Is everyone done? baking, shopping, wrapping? hehe
I just want to add that if you are feeling stressed
32.gif
overwhelmed to go for a quick brisk walk or just do some jumping jacks in your house; it really helps take the edge off of your feelings. It happened to me Saturday
1.gif
the cardio helped melt it away. ahhh

HAVE A HAPPY MONDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif

MERRYMUNKY, yay to setting wedding plans maybe! Good to see you!

MARCY, yay for a wonderful day with family!

ROD, huge hugs and lots of dust!!! How is your dad doing?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
My 2 yr old nephew is coming, yay!
36.gif
Park time if it warms up! hehe Catch you all this evening, hugs!

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Skippy - It's SUCH wishful thinking. Come Easter we will have been engaged for 5 years. I give up hope. I dunno how to get him to agree to finally start planning!

Have fun with your nephew!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hi All,

Between work, sickness, and an issue with our water main, my presence has waned, mostly because I have little to share; in other words I''ve fallen off the workout wagon and don''t think I''ll be getting back on until after we return from our trip on 1/1/09. I''m very disappointed in myself, I''ve no gone this long without exercising in 3 years, but I feel it''s a bit out of my control at this point (going to the gym and coughing and sniffing all over the machines seems completely rude to me). I''ll be slipping in some walks here and there and will return to normal at the beginning of the new year. Checking in seems a bit silly as I have little to contribute, but I want you to know that I''m thinking of all of you.

K

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/22/2008 10:50:38 AM
Author: KimberlyH
Hi All,

Between work, sickness, and an issue with our water main, my presence has waned, mostly because I have little to share; in other words I''ve fallen off the workout wagon and don''t think I''ll be getting back on until after we return from our trip on 1/1/09. I''m very disappointed in myself, I''ve no gone this long without exercising in 3 years, but I feel it''s a bit out of my control at this point (going to the gym and coughing and sniffing all over the machines seems completely rude to me). I''ll be slipping in some walks here and there and will return to normal at the beginning of the new year. Checking in seems a bit silly as I have little to contribute, but I want you to know that I''m thinking of all of you.

K
Hey hun.

Please don''t feel like you have nothng to contribute. Just turning up here is contribution enough. I too have fallen off the wagon of late, but like you, I refuse to give up. I will be back on the wagon as soon as I can.

Take care xx

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Merry Monday all!

Did a hard hour on the hampster wheel this morning. The scale has taken away pretty much all the good it gave me for being under the weather and I''m back at 126. Of course I have dinners planned from tonight pretty much to the end of time so the chances of me getting any lower than that between now and the end of the year are slim to none...
39.gif

Lor, thank you for the great opener. As you can see I''m already taking your advice on enjoying some festive goodies!

Merry, a new year is right around the corner so just gear up for a great start plan in 2009!

Skippy, I''m ALL DONE with the exception of one thing that might or might not make it from Amazon in time to actually be given this year...

Rod, DUST DUST DUST for your condo!!!

Kimi, we luv you! Go enjoy your trip and then come back and join us. We''ll be waiting here for you!

That''s all for now!

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone! I was sick at the end of last week (thanks Skippy and Tacori for the kind words!) but I have been thinking of you all! I have been doing a modified version of my allergy diet, which is a good thing. Those of you who asked-I did this because of suspected food allergies and it helped me lose a bunch of weight, it is basically dairy, sugar, and wheat free which sounds bad but isn''t. I *feel* better and am still allowing a little leeway (like creamer in my coffee, etc). But it has been surprisingly low-stress so far. I know I am having a pretty unhealthy Christmas day but I am ok with that since it is just my mom and I and we are making what we want. Waffles for bfast and then oyster casserole and bread pudding for dinner. Yum! But I will try to be good until then
12.gif

Skippy-Avacado and sprouts sounds SO yummy! I need to try it! What kind of bread do you use? Glad you get to see your nephew! I am done shopping, thank goodness! But my Snapfish book isn''t here
39.gif
so tomorrow is it''s last chance, since my roomie goes home Christmas Eve. Oh well, she will like it even if it is late!

Tacori-I meant to tell you that my rice cereal is just like an organic sugar-free rice krispie thing, lol. Isn''t kids rice cereal gooey? Maybe I am thinking wrong?

Kimberly-sorry you are not feeling well
7.gif
I think you are very kind to not spread your germs.

Lorelei-ditto everyone else! I am always amazed that you seem to come up with just the right thing to say every week. You are such a help!

Hope everyone else has a great week!
36.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Everyone!

I have to start off by thanking Rod for speaking to my husband (and me!) today. It was very nice to get the chance to talk to you earlier. About my "name" here (in case you don''t know): my husband and I were addicted to the TV show "The West Wing" when it was on. The president''s daughter was Zoe (and the first family were the Bartlett''s). I liked the name and kept it in mind. Three years ago we got two cats. We named one Zoe, and I often call her Zoe Bartlett. So, that''s how my name on PS came to be. I suppose I could have used my real name but I want to be careful. So anyway, it was a pleasure, Rod, to finally put a voice with a name. My husband and I really appreciate you extending an offer to help him.

I didn''t post much towards the end of last week but I was lurking occasionally. Skippy -- I can''t remember if I commmented, but I love your new hair cut! It''s really cute!

Dee Jay -- you''re looking super skinny! I''m so happy for you! You''ve been making great accomplishments since July (July, right).

Skippy -- snow? Didn''t you JUST get snow? That''s unusual for your neck of the woods.

Kim -- I really hope you feel better soon. It''s not fun to be sick any time, but it especially stinks around the holidays.

Miscka -- I know a few people who have modified diets due to allergies. It seems like it takes some getting used to but then it gets better. I guess that''s the same for anything. I''d love to know more about it (how exactly do you cut dairy, wheat, and sugar???).

I don''t have much news to report. My weight''s holding steady. I''ve decreased my calories to around 1300-1350, so I''m hoping to start losing it again. It''s not as hard as I thought it would be (decreasing calories), but I''m noticing more and more how much I look forward to dinner. That''s probably my heaviest meal of the day. If we make something here or if I can go online and get the exact nutritional info., I still enter everything into our database. I''m still dying to get back to working with my trainer but that will have to wait. I was thinking of splurging and getting a few sessions in with him, but I just shelled out $600 to fix my car. So that''s out. If only money grew on trees...

I have to figure out what to make for dinner, but I''ll try to check back in later.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
We have one more day and then we''re on vacation for the holidays! It''s funny, we missed the last 6 days of school and we went in 2 hours later today than we normally do because of snow we got last night, and I STILL can''t wait. We''re having our classroom party tomorrow morning, and I know there will be lots of treats. I''ve already gotten a few tins of cookies and chocolates, and I gave most away to coworkers. I put the treats in the teachers'' room and they were gone in no time.

Just curious -- how much time do you spend per week working out? I can''t remember if I''ve asked that before. I think going for an hour 5 days a week is probably good, but I''m not sure. Some weeks I reach that goal and some weeks I don''t. I HAVE to begin losing weight again or I''m going to lose my mind.

So we got some disappointing news today. My sister and her husband were at the airport to come home for Christmas, and flights were cancelled. They live across the country, and their state got hit with a lot of snow recently as well. I think some airlines were still running but tickets were outrageously expensive (not worth it for the amount of time they''d be here). We''re so bummed. So now it will be just the four of us for Christmas-- my parents and my husband and I.

I hope everyone had a good day. I''m off to bed -- good night!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Happy Holidays folks! Keep well!

cheers--Sharon
35.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First, let me echo everyone's sentiments to our WONDERFUL, DEAR, FABULOUS and OH SO CREATIVE AND INSPIRATIONAL Lorelei!! Without you my dear, we'd have no weekly thread. You single handedly ensure our week is off to the right start. And every week, you come up with something for us all to think about. And every week, you make us feel good about ourselves and create an environment that is welcoming, supportive and warm. So, from you friends on the HLT, we wish you and your Family the Merriest of Holidays and we look forward to continuing our path towards living healthier longer lives, with your inspiration at heart!

Hey Everyone. For me, today was Thursday and tomorrow is Friday, meaning my last work day of the week! Woo Hoo!! I was surprised to be busy at work today. Well, truth be told, the morning was pretty quiet, but this afternoon was very busy. Charlie got off at 7 PM, so I stayed late at the office and met him for dinner at our Monday night sushi place. It's chilly tonight, so I picked up coffee on my way home and we had coffee with Sakai on our shoulders. We're watching some Hallmark, Christmas movie, with one of those extremely predicatble story lines and snow all over the place, even though the trees haven't lost their leaves and you don't see their breath in the supposedly cold air. LOL Tomorrow's a long day for me. I'll work a full day, then go to the gym immediately afterwards. I'll check in later tomorrow night.

merrymunky, we're not going to let you give up. I'm glad you've found us and I sure hope you and your fiance do get around to making those wedding plans soon!

Oh my to lot's of snow this week Skippy. At least you'll have a White Christmas, and even I sometimes miss a White Christmas. Yay for having all the presents wrapped. We only bought a few gifts this year and I wrapped them all last night. It didn't take much time, but at least I have some nice things for Charlie to open Christmas morning. I hope you and your nephew had loads of fun this afternoon!

I'm sorry your workout's have been derailed Kimberly, but please don't EVER be disappointed in yourself. You are a bright spot on the HLT and someone who has made such significant and positive changes in your life. I'm thinking a little break really won't hurt you. Maybe it will let you get better and enjoy the holidays. And please don't think you have nothing to contribute either. Workout or not, please check in OK??!!

Thanks for the dust DeeJay. I'm afraid to be optimistic, but it sure would be a great thing if our place did sell. You should still be quite happy at 126 lbs., my dear!! You're just melting away and looking so svelte!

Hi Miscka, I hope you're feeling better now and I'm glad to hear your modified allergy diet helped you feel better AND lose weight! It's OK to have a somewhat unhealthy Christmas day. That's a day for indulging if ever there was one!!

Zoe, it was so great speaking with you and your husband this afternoon! He's got some terrific skills and I'm sure whether through my efforts or not, he'll be gainfully employed soon. And it's my pleasure to offer any assistance I can! And thanks for posting how you got your PS name. I'm glad your weight is holding steady. It is the holiday's though, so let yourself splurge a little this week, OK?

OK.......that's about all from me today. I hope everyone's looking forward to the brightest of holiday's this week.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I must have posted at the same time you were posting your second post Zoe.............I think if you can work out 5 times a week for an hour that would be fantastic. I think you know I''m a bit extreme with my workout. I do 4, 3 hour workouts a week. I used to do 5, 3 hour workouts, but just had to have some lfe that didn''t involve work or the gym. I''m sorry about the weather making it impossible for your sister and BIL from making it for Christmas. This wenter, all of two days old is sure proving to be pretty potent this year.

Hey Sharon, and a very happy holidays to you. I hope it''s not too cold up there and you and your family are looking forward to a terrific holiday!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.
35.gif
I went back to work and to my normal eating routine today.I was very tempted by homemade brownies but I passed them up.I am going to be good tomorrow too. Wednesday and Thursday will be eat what I want days then Friday is back on track.Now if I could just find a way to get warm!
I didn’t sleep worth a darn last night so I am already yawning.Maybe I will go to bed early tonight.That’s a good one!Ha ha.

Lorelei, thank you so much for your weekly words of wisdom.I am so sad on Monday morning if I don’t have time to set down and at least read what you said.I really appreciate your kind and gentle guidance and all the wonderful topics and avenues your help us explore throughout the year. You are the heart and soul of our thread and are tops in my book.

MerryMunky, we know you are here with us and will continue to work towards your goals.I am looking forward to all of us continuing down the path towards a healthier life next year.
Skippy, at least you’ll have a white Christmas.I hate the cold but love snow on the ground for Christmas.How fun you got to spend time with your cute nephew today.
Kimi, sorry to hear you aren’t feeling well, I sure hope you get better soon.Have a wonderful time on your trip. I always enjoy hearing from you no matter what you''ve been doing.
DeeJay, I am off to my treadmill as soon as I post.Have fun at all of your dinners.
Miscka, I am glad you are feeling better.I’ve been on an allergy diet a few times and it is amazing how much better I felt and how much weight I could lose – of course mine consisted mostly of white rice which to this day I can’t stand – if it’s got a sauce or flavor it’s fine but plain rice – YUCK!!!
Zoe, how fun to get to talk to Rod.I continue to send PS dust your husband’s way for finding a new job.Darn it for having to shell out that much money to get your car fixed.Enjoy your vacation from school.I am sorry to hear your sister and BIL won’t be able to fly home for Christmas.There are a lot of places in the country getting smacked with bad storms.
Sharon, how much snow have you got on the ground now?
Rod, that is nice you have the rest of the week off.I have to ask, how cold is chilly?Enjoy your Friday tomorrow.
Sleep well!

Marcy

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
You guys are all awsome.

I am supposed to be on a shopping trip with my Mum today but my FI''s car broke down last night on the way to do our groceryshop. He thinks it is the clutch cable. The garage are coming for it now so I am left to deal with it this morning. Hopefully it won''t gt in the way of my shopping trip, or "play day " as my Mum and I call it.

On the subject of working out, when I was still active and regularly attending the gym earlier this year I was doing about 5-6 hors per week. Either 3 or 4 gym sessions of about 50 minutes, wii fit (doesn''t count much I know) in half hour bursts every other day or so, then maybe one deep water resistance class at the pool.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
* blush...* You are all too kind everyone, thanks for your very lovely words! And it is my pleasure to be able to start a thread each week for such a wonderful group of people - I am very blessed. I love my HLT family!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone! Yesterday was good, I ate really well but indulged in a yummy latte for dessert with my BF. It was fun, so I don''t feel like it was calories wasted. Plus I had brussel sprouts and brown rice for dinner. Today should be mostly the same, but starting tonight through Christmas night it is going to be tough! I think I will focus on trying not to eat a TON of the bad stuff when I do eat it. I am feeling a little "puffy" this morning. I think I need to bite the bullet and weigh myself.

Rod-what/who is Sakai?

Marcy-good for you passing up brownies. I am not the biggest brownie fan, but cookies get me! I eat a LOT of rice, but I love brown and saffron. Not sure I could ever eat white unless it came with Chinese food! The modified version is going well so far!

Zoe-it is pretty hard to cut all that out, but since this is my thirdish time around with it I am pretty used to it. And some of the principles have just seeped into my normal habits. Basically I eat rice crispie-type cereal and rice milk, hummus, veggies, fruit, rice, potatoes, fish, and veggie chips/some kind of snacky thing from Whole Foods with no wheat/sugar in it.

If I don''t come back to this thread before Christmas, Merry Christmas to you all! I want you guys to know how much I have appreciated being a part of this thread. I have loved PS since I joined it but coming here has made me feel more "at home". You are such a lovely, welcoming and supportive group and I want to thank you all!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone, how are things!? Well this weekend was fun, SO and I went to West Palm to visit his family and guess what, his aunt got us a kayak!!!! How cool! AND we get to go camping with her this weekend! There are places to kayak so talk about test runnnn! I got in a work out Sunday at his grandparents house before we left. Yesterday I got in 20 mins on the treadmill in the morning and then worked out with a Self Magazine work out last night while watching the finale of The Hills. This morning got another 20 mins on the tread mill. Eating wise I''m doing ok. I''ve added yogurt as my morning snack, as I haven''t been getting any dairy lately and I need it.

CHRISTMAS IN 2 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Well the last few days were just too cold to go outside...high in the 30s, but today''s high is in the 70s and was pouring this morning, but now it sunny. So after spending nearly 2 hours at Central Market to my holiday grocery shopping (I''m cooking for Christmas Eve (7 people), Christmas Day (11 people), and 3 mornings of breakfast), I went and did my 30 min walk/jog routine. Tomorrow morning weather permitting I plan to do my walk/jog routine while the breakfast casserole is the oven. Christmas Day there just won''t be anytime, but I''ll pick it back up on the 26th.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Hello Friends!

Can you believe that Xmas is only 2 days away??

I''ve been a bad girl for not checking in more frequently- i''ve mostly been lurking as things are just nuts at work and home. I have a key project that looks like will be wrapped up today (yahoo), and has kept me super-busy at work. plus, my laptop has been acting up and IT discovered it''s all bugged-out and will need to be wiped next week. so, i''ve had to limit my IE usage as that''s where the bug is hiding. I downloaded Firefox today, and all seems to be well!

We began a HUGE remodeling project this past weekend. Both of our upstairs bathrooms are in need of a huge makeover. We kept putting it off in case we ended up buying/moving to a new home, but we''ve decided to stay in our townhouse for the near future and hope that pricey L.A house prices continue to fall. Anyway, the hall bathroom has been gutted and should be done this weekend- then we''ll begin on the master bathroom. I''m crossing my fingers that all will be done by year''s end!

I''ve been doing OK with exercising and eating well. I finished another session of BC on Friday, and am eagerly awaiting my body fat percentage and hiking interval time. I really hope to see an improvement!

As of last Friday, i was a hair away from having lost a total of 14 pounds. I did a bit of indulging at holiday parties over the weekend, but i''ve been on track since yesterday. I won''t weigh myself again until next monday, but just knowing that i plan to do that should keep me somewhat on track over the long holiday weekend.

Sorry i can''t reply to everyone just now... i''ll be back!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Christmas Eve Eve
christmas%20smiley.gif

Well today I woke up early a braved the mall for a little bit; thank goodness I got there as it opened because when I left the parking lots were full. Tomorrow I have to brave Costco, I thought I would get either lox or shrimp for Christmas since my dad loves both. For Christmas my hubby is making some Weight Watcher recipes that we won't tell family they are healthy. hehe I have been bad about exercising; I plan to get back on track after Christmas. I have done some exercise here and there but I need to be consistent again and I usually feel better too being consistent. I actually took a nap today; I was just exhausted. Well, nothing too exciting going on here so have a wonderful Holiday and it sounds like people are pretty ready!!!!
9.gif

Oh before I forget, I had a great time playing legos with my nephew yesterday!!! hehe Oh we got snow for about an hour and then rain and then super sunny skies today!
26.gif

KIMI, I am so sorry you have been under the weather; I haven't been the best at exercising too. Your presence is always missed when you aren't around, hugs from your friend here in NM. I can't wait to find out which ornament you picked?!?! hehe

MISCKA, I have avocado and sprouts on whole grain high fiber bread and sometimes I have a boca burger on it too. I love avocado and learned it is super good for you and a little goes a long way in taste so I split it with hubby (the small ones from the famers market) or refrigerate the other half for later. You still have not received your book? Oh no
39.gif
I am so sorry!!!! Darn, email them.

ZOE, we are the high desert so we do get some snow. heehe We have skiing on our mountain when we do get snow *it all depends though we have some really snowy winter and sometimes hardly any snow*, Santa Fe an hour north of us has better skiing though and they get lots more snow. We don't get snow like Colorado though but our mountains get it and the city every so often gets it. hehe I guess we are similar to Sedona as far as climate, etc, not sure if you been there; sorry, for the long note but I wanted to explain a little what it is like here to give you an idea because I am always curious about other regions of the country and their climates. How about where you are; you get lots of snow? r Thank you for your sweet compliment about my hair, you are always such a doll!! Yay, I am glad you talked to Rod; isn't he a doll?!?! I am so sorry about your sister, what a bummer; I heard there were delays everywhere and here too. I feel for the people who were traveling to see family.

SHARON, hi there friend!!!

ROD, hi there sweetheart; I love those cheeseball Hallmark made for tv holiday movies.
9.gif
Charlie and i would have a grand time watching them. hehe
2.gif
Yay today is your Friday, I am so happy for you! Ah, that is so sweet Sakai your cat was relaxing with you! hehe I don't think we are going to have a White Christmas; I think they expected a worse storm so that is okay with me. hehe

MARCY, yay for a normal eating day, you are doing awesome!!!! I hope you sleep better soon! hugs

MERRYMUNKY, oh no, sorry about your mom's car; I hope she gets it fixed soon, what bummer! Water resistance classes are awesome!

DRAGONFLY, yay for a wonderful weekend, sounds like a good time!!! I know I can't believe it is almost Christmas!

APPLE, yay for great weather today. Any more great Ellie recipes you have tried???? Wow, best wishes in all your cooking, you are busy!!!

CHARGER, woooo hooo for 14 lbs lost total; that is awesome, you are tiny! Happy remodel, hope everything goes smoothly!

DEEJAY, 126 is awesome, you are tiny!!

LORELEI, hi friend!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
another quick drive-by...

My trainer just emailed me my BootCamp stats!

Friday Hiking/intervals time
First Friday interval ever (Oct 10th)- 3:37
Final Friday interval for 1st BC (Oct 31st)- 3:09
Final Friday interval for 2nd BC (Dec 19th) - 2:48

I shaved off almost a minute from my first ever hiking interval time! I remember huffing, puffing and wheezing my way up that hill doing those leaps, lunges and side hops the first time.

Body Fat percentage
I lost a bit more than 1% of my body fat during the first BC
I lost about 3-3.5% of my body fat during the second BC (some of this loss could've happened during our 2 weeks of down time in between BC's)

So far, i've lost about 4.5% of my body fat since I started BC!
36.gif

My trainer is pleased with my results and gave me some goals for 2009. She wants to see those numbers come down some more. OY!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/23/2008 8:41:04 PM
Author: ChargerGrrl
another quick drive-by...

My trainer just emailed me my BootCamp stats!

Friday Hiking/intervals time
First Friday interval ever (Oct 10th)- 3:37
Final Friday interval for 1st BC (Oct 31st)- 3:09
Final Friday interval for 2nd BC (Dec 19th) - 2:48

I shaved off almost a minute from my first ever hiking interval time! I remember huffing, puffing and wheezing my way up that hill doing those leaps, lunges and side hops the first time.

Body Fat percentage
I lost a bit more than 1% of my body fat during the first BC
I lost about 3-3.5% of my body fat during the second BC (some of this loss could''ve happened during our 2 weeks of down time in between BC''s)

So far, i''ve lost about 4.5% of my body fat since I started BC!
36.gif

My trainer is pleased with my results and gave me some goals for 2009. She wants to see those numbers come down some more. OY!
Awesome!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Tuesday!

We''re officially on vacation now -- yay! We did a few crafts at school during our party this morning. I also made my kids do some real work and they weren''t too happy with me. Oh well. It wasn''t too painful and they finished what I needed them to. I got a few baked goods as gifts, most of which I left in the teachers'' room for others to snack on. I did take a few things home but I''ll probably bring them to my inlaws or my parents soon.

Skippy -- thanks for explaining what it''s like where you live. Weather is certainly a strage thing. I don''t think I really considered that NM actually gets snow. I''ve never been to the SW, so I''ve never seen it or experienced the weather first hand (only through pics). We live in New England and we get lots of snow. We have had, however, a few winters that we hardly got any snow at all. Usually though, it''s pretty cold and there''s a lot of white stuff on the ground. It was -7 degrees this morning on my way to work. It warmed up to the low to mid 20s, which can be downright balmy up here!
9.gif
I HATE being cold, and I was miserable for most of the day. I couldn''t get warm -- I think I spent a lot of the day shivering. It''s days like this when I contemplate moving to a warm climate.
Anyway, now I''m rambling...

Oh, and in answer to your question -- yes, Rod''s a doll!
1.gif
I was so glad to get to talk to him after my husband and him had wrapped up their conversation.

Rod -- thanks for telling me about your workouts. I''m amazed at how much time you stay at the gym.

Marcy -- I hope you get some sleep tonight. It''s funny, if I check PS before I leave for work, I usually notice that your post is always the last one of the evening before. I always say good morning to you!
9.gif
Thanks for the continued good thoughts regarding my husband''s job search.

Hi MM! Thanks for letting me know about your work out schedule. I''m just curious to see what others do.

Miscka -- thanks for going into more detail about your diet. The foods you stick to are really good!

Hi Dragon, Appletini, and Charger! I need to run now but I want to reply to your posts too. I''ll try to be back later.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey and like Skippy said......Happy Xmas Eve Eve!

I wound up working a longer day than I anticipated and didn't leave the office till well after 6 and didn't make it to the gym till almost 6:45. Still, I did my full workout, which went surprisingly fast. I guess a lot of people are out of town, so there were no waits for virtually anything. I managed to do my workout in 2.5 hours as I pushed as hard and fast as I could. I was a super sweaty mess, but it felt good. It was my last day at work. Tomorrow morning, I'll get up (not too early), then head out to buy the lobsters (a 3.5 pounder for me and a 2.5 pounder for Charlie), then I have to get our once a year chocolate cake (just chocolate for me and chocolate peppermint for Charlie). Charlie has to work till 6 tomorrow night, then we're going to our Christmas Eve place for dinner, which is Roy's. Roy's started in Hawaii by the famous chef Roy Gamaguchi, has spread to several cities and it's really a special treat place to have a holiday dinner. So, I'm certainly looking forward to tomorrow a lot!

It's now after 11 PM and I'm totally bushed, so I can't say hey to everyone individually. I did have to congratulate Charger. You're doing great for sure. And Miscka, Sakai is our Burmese cat. She is the most wonderful friend and special animal we've ever been owned by. Many here remember how depressed she got when we took her from her sunny home here in Tampa and went to Raleigh. She stopped eating and almost died. We nursed her back to life and and realized moving from Tampa to Raleigh was the wrong decision for us and returned home where she is truly happy. To us, she is a miracle.

I'll check in tomorrow and wish everyone a Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah or Happy Kwanza (sorry if I left any other holiday out). On the radio this morning they were wishing everyone a Happy KwanzChrisnukah!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Everyone
35.gif

I wanted to pop in here and wish you all a Very Merry Christmas!!!!!

Dee: You are going to waste away to nothing pretty soon
9.gif

Rod: That is all Rick and I have been doing is watching the Lifetime movies. I probably love them more then he does, but he is is such a good sport to watch them with me. I love the holiday movies. Have you noticed the ones where the shoot the close up of the Kay Diamond ring box???? I think that is rather funny.

Skippy: So glad you had a chance to take a nice nap.

Rick is fooling the grandboys this year. He just wrapped a big box of old toys from their rooms. Will they ever be surprised when they open that one box. We can''t wait to see the looks on their faces. He just had to give them both a gag gift this year, being they are older now. In my family one family member always gets a gag gift. This year it is the boys turn.

Wishing you all again, a Very Merry Christmas and I am sure, I will be back here again after the Holidays.

Love, Linda
xoxoxoxo

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Christmas Eve already?

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

I hope you alll have a lovely Christmas day tomorrow, whatever it is you do.

Skippy - It wasn''t my mum''s car that broke down. It was my FI''s. Sorry, I realise that wasn''t very clear when I oriiginally posted. Poor Ross works in an awkward location too. Luckily My Step-Dad works just down the road from him so has ben taking him to work. My parents are awesome!

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi everyone
35.gif

I'm just stopping by for a minute to wish all the healthy, happy and dedicated people here
a wonderful holiday season!

I've somewhat strayed from my normal workout routine the last 4 weeks but
intend to go back to a full workout/boxing/jujitsu schedule after the 1st of the year.

Still feeling great and looking forward to a continued healthy lifestyle
2.gif

Happy New Year Everyone and Enjoy!

Jeff

(from snowy Boston)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results