shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 1st Sept till 7th Sept

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Slight food vent here. Does anyone else eat Progresso soup? I just opened a can of chicken dumpling and in the process of pouring it into a bowl I caught sight of a piece of what I belive is supposed to be chicken. Well in the course of getting rid of that oddity I ended up digging through there and disposing of virtually all of the "chicken" in the can. So disgusting. I do remember back when they used to use what was identifiable as realy chicken in their soups, but that was long ago. I'm sure this is cheaper for them, but still. Honestly, I don't know that I will ever eat another can of Progresso again...

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good evening everyone!

We''re having sushi for dinner tonight, and I can''t wait. I''m easy to please -- it doesn''t take much! Actually, my husband doesn''t like it, so I''m having sushi and he''s having something else. He should be home soon and then I''ve got to run. But in the meantime...

Dee Jay AND Panda-- I teach second grade. I''ve taught first and I''ve taught reading through a Title I program, but this is my fourth year at my "new" school in my current position. It''s fun. Like with any position, there are days when I wonder WHY I got into this profession, but most days, it''s great. No two days are the same, and at the end of June, we send off these guys to third grade, and we look forward to starting fresh again in the fall. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Enjoy your night out!

I love fage now, but when I first tried it, I thought it tasted like thick sour cream. It was an acquired taste. Now I really like it, but I can''t eat it plain. I usually add granola or some type of cereal and honey to it. The only problem is that while I only eat the 0% fat fage, I add too much honey probably, so it''s not as healthy as it could be.

Panda-- to choose between fries and cake -- ugh -- I couldn''t do it. I''d order some of each!
9.gif

Welcome back Kimberly!

Thanks Gecko! The flowers in my avitar is a random picture I found, not my wedding bouquet. I loved the bright colors of this one though, so I''m using it for now.

Congrats with the weight loss Skippy and SDL!

Tacori -- Play dates are fun. Well, I don''t have kids yet, I always have a blast visiting friends and their kids.

Dee Jay -- I love soup, but I''m always grossed out by the "chicken" in those cans. Now I stick to vegetable soup or I wait and have it at a restaurant. Occasionally I''ll make my own soup but it''s too much for me to eat, and my husband doesn''t like my soup.
7.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for explaining Fage, SDL!!

Tacori~ JT loves Blues Clues, Wonder Pets, and the Backyardigans. Noggin is about the only channel I''ll let him watch. I think they do a good job at staying at the right level for toddlers.

Sorry for not posting to everyone but I''ve had a rough day. It started out great and went completely to the bottom in 12 hours. We did some house papers this morning, went to the grocery store and came home. JT took a pretty good nap. Went to my mom''s where she was in tears over her new job, went to my sis''s new apartment where everyone was sick, and on the way home, my car broke down. Luckily I was able to pull it into a lot. We''ve had the car less than 2 months, but it''s 9 years old. Called the insurance to get it towed. Called my in-laws to pick us up and take us home (DH works 2nd shift so it was just me and JT) During the 15 minutes it took to get picked up, JT got really nervous and anxious (we were in a dark parking area) and he began panicking. I called DH to tell him what was going on and to let JT talk to him. JT asked Daddy to come and fix the car and when DH said he couldn''t, JT broke down in tears. Finally got him settled when the in-laws arrived. Not able to figure anything out about the car and hoped it was a timing belt. Got home to receive a call from the tow truck guy not knowing where to go. Trying to explain which way North is....at the end of the conversation he says, "by the way, your motor is shot. And, they''re really expensive to replace. It''s the worst motor that that company ever made and no one will accept them on trade-in even." Fan-freakin-tastic. We owe around $4000 on a vehicle that doesn''t move.

I realize that there are much worse things in this world. But right now the thought of owing money on a car that I can''t drive and buying our first house just really sucks.

Things always look better in the morning, so Good night.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK....you guys have too much time on your hands.........LOL I can''t believe how many posts since last night!!

It''s after 11 and I will have to do a quick flyby.......I wish I could say hello to each and everyone of you, but Rod needs to get some rest. So the short of it all:

Got up at 6 AM
Was at work by 7:45
Worked my butt off
Left work at 6:15
Got to the gym at 6:30
They were giving flu shots tonight
Got my annual flu shot - YAY!!
Worked out until 9:15
Came home and had to call a candidate right away to schedule an interview with a client
Ate a salad
Did some more work
Ate two pieces of Lindt Dark Chocolate

Oy........I''m tired.

Panda and Michelle, thanks for making me laugh about being an animal. I''m an older one, but one who is definitely in pretty good shape! I was doing unassisted chinups and dips with guys more than half my age tonight and I could do more of them then they could!!! So there youth.......Take That!!

DeeJay, I was wondering if you and Bill were coming back for your annual trip. We''d LOVE to have dinner with you guys. I just don''t know which day that week as Charlie''s schedule is ever changing. I''ll get him to make sure he can have an evening off that week so we can let you know well in advance. It will be great to see you both again!!

Oh Marcy, your Monday''s are sounding like one of my days. I don''t know if you''ll burn more calories by being so busy, but you''ll likely lose more weight unless your snack along the way.......LOL But I know you don''t do that, ''cause you''re our hero and weight losing role model!!

Thanks for hoping I''m not working too hard and the storms bypass us Skippy!

I know I missed so many of you. I''ll do a better job over the weekend.....Promise!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I helped Marty clean out the garage tonight – hopefully I burned off a few calories in the process as well.
Lorelei, sorry to hear the pants weather is in the forecast for the weekend. We are having rain and a high of 50 tomorrow. I am thinking of ordering myself a good old trench coat for fall.
Zoe, your lunch sounds great.
Tacori, level one is certainly a step in the right direction. I couldn’t do a DARN thing for months when I started this journey.
Geckodani, my rings are always tight or fit just right in the morning then by noon they are spinning like crazy. I went through your posts on your ring search; I like the Diana one too. My husband probably wouldn’t like the sweeter pizza but I think I’ll try it sometime.
Fieryred, LOL at your FI updating your journal for you. Marty used to just add things to mine for fun. I don't really keep a food journal anymore because I just keep track of it in my head and eat the same number of calories day and and day out for each meal.
Vizsla, our really warm days are probably gone. My BIL fixed some marvelous flank steak on the grill while he was here visiting but I don’t remember what seasonings he put on it. It was really good; mostly crusted pepper on it I think.
DeeJay, strange about that guy getting in there. Glad security kicked him out. Happy Birthday tomorrow!
emcake.gif
Have a great dinner and enjoy some wonderful dessert.
3.gif
Are you getting any new bling? Teaching does take a lot of my time but I do like it and enjoy that spending money.
9.gif

Steph, sorry to hear you didn’t sleep well last night. My employees all seem to be okay and they have all shown up on time.
SanDiegoLady, congratulations for losing another 2.1 pounds.
36.gif
Ditto to what Vizsla said about your son – I appreciate all he and our other soldiers do for our country.
Skippy, congratulations for losing another pound.
36.gif
I hope you like your new hairdo.
Appletini, hope you get over your cough soon.
Panda, that's great to hear your conversation with Leon went so well. I am glad your back is doing better.
Sharon, congratulations on maintaining your weight and feeling fine. That’s always nice to get a good report card at the doctor.
Kimi, I hope you got rested today.
Somethingshiny, you certainly did have a day that deteriorated as it went along. I am sorry to hear about your engine being shot.
Rod, yes my days are long with 65 students and working full time but I always say I like to be busy. I continue to avoid the snacks and stick to my routines. I am working hard on getting another pound off but they come off so slow now. Thank you for the lovely compliment about me and my success.
Take care.
35.gif

Marcy

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all!
35.gif

The weather is REALLY pants at the moment, so we are doing bits in between the rain which has been really heavy. I am walking around in my usual winter garb, long sleeves, wax jacket and long boots....I can''t believe it already!
39.gif
But my eating is going well and keeping busy physically!

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
real quick.. have got to reply to dee! YES! it's totally unacceptable! but then again i feel that way about most *processed* meat products... i wish lean cuisine etc. would start making more vegetarian options or at least options with tofu or some type of protein.. not everyone wants to eat *mystery part* chicken.

and the office starts sept. 25 @ 9:00 2 hours!!!!! last night i was going thru some serious office withdrawal so i 'on-demanded' (yes, that's a verb:) the BBC version.... it may be... slightly funnier :razz:

aww somethingshiny - ugh! i totally feel for you, and i'm so sorry! you are allowed to feel bad, that stinks!... hopefully this time next week, things will be better, and better and better... and possible blessing in disguise? but so sorry! bleh... and right before the weekend
8.gif

this weekend i have a girls night at the lake (it's more like a giant puddle.. but i'll take it) - so 'being good' food-wise is going to be a challenge.. i am in charge of making the strada for sunday morning.. so i'm going to do egg whites, turkey bacon, tomatoes, low fat cheese mixed with a little goat cheese and some herbs.. hopefully the other girls won't know it's low fat/low cal :)
the head cheese is out today and the weather is just awesome, so i think i'm going to run outside today at lunch and do some free weights.

have a wonderful weekend everyone!!!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Quick flyby - I''m going to Canada to see my sis this weekend and already told her she had to feed me in accordance with my diet, LOL. It should be fun!

And I finally found a jewelere that treated me like a person - settings for me to see are on the way!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Kiddos!!! Well I got my haircut yesterday and while I was sitting there this girl next to me was having her hair done for her wedding. We were sitting close to each other so I couldn't help but listen and my hairdresser was asking her questions. LOL Well, she did something I never heard of someone doing before, she called her FI's boss and asked for him to have a few days off unbeknownst to her FI. She did that because she planned her wedding and decided to surprise her FI and said, we are getting married tonight!!!

Her wedding is small so it didn't sound too hard to pull off without her FI knowing. I congratulated her on the surprise wedding, she was very excited but I had never heard anyone doing that before "oh by the way we are getting married tonight!" LOL
1.gif
Kind of fun and kind of romantic! hehe
3.gif

Well I have a busy weekend (party here tomorrow night) and am sort of nervous about all the goodies going on. Tonight is a happy hour for a friend of mine I use to work with; she is moving to Dallas to work for an accounting firm out there. Hopefully we won't be out too late because my cousin and I are walking at 7am tomorrow morning.

I went walking last night and was too tired to try my new Biggest Loser dvd. I want to do it today but we changed from Dish Network to cable so I don't know how to work the dvd w/out hubbys help!!! LOL Thanks all for your kind kudos!!! TGIF!!!!! Have a great Friday all!
35.gif
Okay, off to grocery shop for tomorrow nights party . . .

DEEJAY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Dee, I agree, I get grossed out by canned and frozen meats and chicken. I like making my own soups and freezing them, maybe you can sweet talk dh to do that for ya. hehe

PANDA glad the back is feeling better!!! woooo hooo for your trainer workouts!! Yay for your ring, when will it be done?

GECKODANI, have fun in Canada sweetie!!!

SDL, yay for your 2mi walk, you rock!!! You are doing awesome friend!

SHARON, howdy!! Oh gosh, I wish I weigh 112, you are tiny! Good to see you and can't wait to see your wband!

TACORI, Tessa is a doll, and how cute she is a social butterfly, she looks like it; a real charmer for sure! hehe Give her a kiss for me! hehe LOL about taking rejection well! You do inspire me; glad you are on this thread friend!!!

KIMBERLY, I think of you when hubby rides his bike to work! hehe Thanks for the book info! I missed you lots!!!

ZOE, LOL about you being easy to please but not hubby! Hope sushi was wonderful, yum!!

SOMETHINGSHINY, I am so sorry about your car, that sucks!! I will keep you in my prayers you all will come up with a good solution! HUGS

ROD, yay it is Friday, hope you don't have to work too hard this weekend, hugs!!

MARCY, yay for a clean garage, sounds like something my hubby would try and get me to do with him! Wow, it is COLD where you are, it has been cool here but not that cold!

LORELEI, yay for eating well and working out!!! boo to winter weather!

VIZSLA, you are too funny, you make me LOL
9.gif
36.gif
Yay for the Office! Enjoy your girls weekend, sounds like fun!!! Yay for your workout

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/5/2008 11:07:56 AM
Author: Skippy123
Hey Kiddos!!! Well I got my haircut yesterday and while I was sitting there this girl next to me was having her hair done for her wedding. We were sitting close to each other so I couldn''t help but listen and my hairdresser was asking her questions. LOL Well, she did something I never heard of someone doing before, she called her FI''s boss and asked for him to have a few days off unbeknownst to her FI. She did that because she planned her wedding and decided to surprise her FI and said, we are getting married tonight!!!

Her wedding is small so it didn''t sound too hard to pull off without her FI knowing. I congratulated her on the surprise wedding, she was very excited but I had never heard anyone doing that before ''oh by the way we are getting married tonight!'' LOL
1.gif
Kind of fun and kind of romantic! hehe
3.gif
WHAT?!? That is just CRAZY! What if he''s just not in the mood to get married TONIGHT? This could either turn out great or very very very badly...

Anyway, I decided to celebrate my birthday by going to the gym and doing a class, ha ha. It was not very hard and I feel like I should actually go and work out some more, but I have to go and do some showings right now so I don''t think that''s gonna happen. Oh well, tomorrow I''ll push it a bit.

Will be back later to talk to everyone. Have a good day all!

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
Hey gang! TGIF!

My trainer eased up on my back yesterday and we went through a good upper body workout instead. When I was brushing my hair this morning, I actually saw some muscle definition in my biceps!
walklikeanegyptian.gif
LOL! Made a steak salad for dinner last night. I’m pretty psyched that I actually made four dinners this week! I haven’t done that in ages!

Geckodani, I’m sure which ever solitaire you end up with, it will be gorgeous! I’m glad you found a jeweler who’s nice. They should all be nice!!! Which part of Canada are you going to? Hope you have a great time!

Skippy, I’ve never heard of a surprise wedding either! Hopefully it’s a good surprise for the unwitting groom’s sake!
3.gif
Hope your party goes off without a hitch. Sounds like there’s always something fun going on at your house! The work order on my ring says six weeks. I asked Leon yesterday if he could possibly have it ready in time for my birthday at the end of the month but he said it would be next to impossible.
7.gif
Oh well, he was really nice about it and I guess I’ll just have to put it out of my mind until mid-October.
Dee*Jay, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
flowers%20to%20you.gif
Hope your day is wonderful and filled with pleasant surprises!

SDL, thanks for asking about my back. I'm glad you're feeling better about your son after talking to the recruiter.

Wow, Sharon, I haven’t been 112 since high school! I’m glad you’re doing well.

Tacori, your baby is such a doll! I had to laugh when you said you heart fries!!! Sadly, I do too!

Hi Kim, hope you got so much needed shut eye.

Zoe, MMMMmmm sushi. I heart sushi! Your thoughts about teaching are similar to things that my honey tells me. He’s been teaching for 12 years. He often says “this year will be my last” but always goes back. At base, he loves the kids and the work.

SS, I’m sorry you had such a rough day yesterday. I hope things work out with the car. That sucks. Oh, and I’m sorry, I forgot to post the coleslaw and tomatoes recipe. I’ll do it tonight...

Rod, I’m sure you can put me to shame in the gym!

Hi Marcy! Yay for a clean garage. I’m still trying to get my honey to clear ours out...

Hi Lorelei! Oh boy, it sounds downright chilly where you are! We’re still running the A/C, it’s so warm where we are. Glad to hear your eating and exercise is going well.

Vizsla, have fun at your girl’s night! Your strata sounds so tasty!

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
Yikes, something''s wrong with the spacing in my last post. Sorry, I don''t mean to take up so much space!!!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hey, guys! Quick check in while the kiddos are napping. I just signed up for my first 5k race! It will be at Disney''s Wide World of Sports and is raising money for the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Race for the Cure! I am doing it in honor of my grandmother who is a breast cancer survivor. I had kind of gotten off track with my running, so this should do the trick to help me stay on track to train. I am really excited about it, but I only have 1 month from today to train for it. Oh well, I am just going to focus on finishing this first time, not so much on my time! Anyway, hope everyone is having a fab. Friday!

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
hooray steph!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

that''s awesome! and for such a good cause!

this is *totally* unsolicited advice BUT *i* searched and searched for training methods for my half marathon - and found about 20 different ways to train..

the most easy and manageable way was to just increase my running time in small increments

it''s so simple it really helps to get your endurance up.

for example:
so this week run 1 mile or 10 mins (2x week)
next week run 1.7 miles or 17 mins (2x week)
next week run 2.5 miles or 25 mins (3x week)
next week run 3.0 miles or 30 mins (1 time - then rest your legs)
and then it''s the race!

to get myself ready for the half (and i was only able to run like 3 miles when i started) i just added a mile a week (and i only ran that distance on saturdays).. it''s much easier to think in small doses.. i would say to myself - "i can totally run just 10 more mins! i did it last week, so i can do it today + 10!" - i also talked to myself a lot when running :razz:

anyhoo.. good luck! you''ll do awesome!!!
36.gif
36.gif

hubby and i are running the race for the cure next saturday.. he keeps asking if he *has* to run with me?!?! ummm are you trying to win??? it''s for charity - hello?!?!?!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hi All,

Happy Friday to everyone.

SS, I''m so sorry about your rough day. Poor JT! And the car, ugh, how frustrating.

Skip, I missed you too! Dee told me you''re as sweet in person as you are appear to be. Enjoy your night out and party tomorrow, what fun!

Dee, have a great dinner.

Viszla, if I ever decide to run a marathon I''ll be asking you for tips.

Rod, you''re a stud, plain and simple.

SDL, we were in Chicago from Sat-Wed. It is such an amazing city, I highly recommend a trip there, son or not.

Steph, I''m so excited about you running a 5k.

Lorelei, sorry the weather is pants.

So I exercised today, and am responsible for dinner, but don''t feel like being responsible so we''re going to have pizza instead. Oh well. I did work out today, and my weight is returning to normal. A little pizza never hurt anyone, right? RIGHT? ha ha ha

Have a great evening all.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all, back from Happy Hour! Yay, they had Mexican food and I only had 3 chips, I am so proud! hehe It was fun to see everyone and just catch up! I didn't workout today, tomorrow morning my cousin and I will be walking at 7am. Then I have to get ready for a barbecue, I am going to try and make it healthy, chicken breasts and burgers, and lots of sides! hehe Eeek, I need to clean house too!!! Have a great evening all!

Kimi, ah, I heard the same about you, you are such a sweetheart!!! Yum to pizza!! I eat pizza all the time. hehe

Vizsla, yay for running for a good cause and your hubby too!!

Steph, that is awesome running for a good cause!!! You will do awesome!

Panda, I think her FI will be okay with it. i think he sort of knew it was coming. hehe I hope you get your ring sooner!!

DeeJay, lol, I thought it was nutty too! I think the FI sort of knew it was coming but who knows. haha Hope you had cake, yum!!!

SDL, I don't think the FI will be upset. I told hubby about it and this is what he looked like
6.gif
LOL! How is your evening??

eta: Rod, yay for Charlie being off and glad you had sushi tonight!! I love 2 1/2 Men!! Funny!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.......

It was a long day at work, but we had a nice 'normal' Friday evening. I got home about 6:30, changed and then we went to favorite Sushi place #1, followed by FroYo (we both had green tea with fresh blueberries - yumm), then a nice relaxing cup of coffee under the oak. It was a very nice evening. Charlie's off tomorrow! We'll have a full day together and do the regular things we would typically do on a Saturday, including a nice long workout in the afternoon. It's looking better on the hurricane Ike front! It's supposed to be a nice day tomorrow without much rain, so we may have the cars waxed, which they need badly!

SS, I'm so sorry you had such a rough day. Car troubles can be so stressful, and to have them at night in a dark place with a child in tears, only made it worse. Hopefully, a mechanic can give you better news than the tow truck driver.

DeeJay, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Did you see my reply yesterday that we are excited to know we'll have dinner with you and Bill when your down here again??

I'm sure you did burn off calories cleaning out the garage Marcy! Can you imagine how hard what you did tonight would have been a couple years ago??!!

Winter garb and pants weather already Lorelei???? I don't think I could handle the weather you have on your side of the pond for sure. Stay warm and dry........

Have fun at the lake vizsla!!

I hope you have a great time with your sis gecko!!

Skippy, that impromptu wedding could be great and could be a disaster. If you've ever watched Two and Half Men on CBS, it sounds like something Rose would do to get Charlie Sheen's character to marry him.....LOL Sounds like you have a fun weekend planned! Have a great time sweetie!!

Thanks Michelle!! I'm not much on canned soups either.

Yay for muscle definition Panda!! I don't know if I would put you to shame in the gym, but I have developed quite a bit of stamina over the last couple years of these 'uber' workouts, thats for sure!!

How fantastic that you're doing a 5K for the Race For the Cure Steph!! Sounds like you'll be putting some miles on you over the next month to get prepared! We'll all be rooting for you for sure!!

I had to laugh out load over you calling me a stud Kimberly. Hardly, but thanks so much for the kind thought!! Yumm to pizza! Since we'll be working out tomorrow afternoon, maybe I can talk Charlie into having pizza for dinner tomorrow night??

I guess that's about it for me for today. I'll check in tomorrow. Have a great Saturday everyone!!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Good morning all! Whew, my week watching the extra kids is over! I really did enjoy it, but man that was tiring! Anyway, I am about to go run 2 miles and feel really focused now that I have the 5k to train for. I do a track of 3 miles, but haven''t worked my way back to the full 3 yet. I will run 2 and walk 1. Oh and I am so excited, Adam said his company will match dollar for dollar any donations we are giving for the Race for the Cure, so that is even more awesome!
The only other thing we have going on today is to get some more hurricane supplies just in case Ike decides to hit near us even though it is projected to be south of us for now. Anyway, everyone have a wonderful day!

vizsla, thanks so much for the training advice. I was actually training for a 5k last year, but then my husband''s job got us transferred so I never did it. So I was up to running 3 miles at that point, but have not been doing that much lately. The most I''ve done in a while is 2 miles. I think you are right about doing the 3 miles once on the weekend and then resting. Thanks again! I hope to be up to half marathon level like you one day!

Kimberly, thank you about the 5k. I am excited! A little pizza is always ok!

Skippy, your Mexican food sounds great. I could never just have 3 chips, they are my fave...I could eat the whole basket by myself! Your bbq sounds like it will be a blast!

Rod, hope you and Charlie have a fab day off together!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good Morning
emhot.gif
9.gif
Back from my morning walk!!!! I might take a nap, I could not sleep last night;
39.gif
I had a 2 diet cokes last night and I think the caffine kept me up, ugh! Hubby has volunteered to help build a house at Habit for Humanity today. hehe I need to prep for tonight's barbecue and clean house.
Have a Terrific Saturday all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rod, enjoy your day with Charlie!!! Have a Rod bod, rockin workout, hugs!

Steph, wooo hooo on your run! You rock!!! We are cheering you on and that is awesome about your DH's company matching your contribution, I love companies like that!!!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi All!

Skippy, have fun at your BBQ today! That would have been awful if the FI of the girl you wrote about was like "eh, not tonight." Cool story though. I hope it went off without a hitch.

Tacori -- how are you doing with the workouts?

We''re about to leave to get haricuts (my husband seems to think that this needs to be something we do together every month). Then I think we''re going to the gym. If the lap pool isn''t being worked on, we''ll swim. If we can''t use that pool, then hopefully the other indoor pool can be used. The''ve been doing maintenance on each part of the gym lately, which apparently is something they do around Labor Day every year. We won''t be able to laps but we could have a good time just relaxing and swimming at a more leisurely pace. I may bring other clothes with me, in case I decide to do the nautilus stuff. I haven''t done that since Tuesday. I''m horrible at doing that on my own -- I always need my trainer with me. I get so much more of a workout when the trainter''s there.

Other than that, we don''t have much going on this weekend.

Last night a few friends from work and I went to dinner and to the movies. I had a great mushroom and chicken ravioli with barely any sauce (as requested). I didn''t get anything at the movies, which I''m happy about, considering that I''ve started to get back into that bad habit when my husband and I go. We saw Mama Mia, which was just as great this time around. My friends hadn''t seen it yet but I had. At the end, where the cast is goofing around and singing while the credits are rolling, a girl in the front row got up and began dancing. Her friends around her were all dancing in their seats. It was fun to watch. The dancing girl turned around at one point, and it turns out that I know her. I''ve known her my whole life. I went to say hi, and we chatted for a few minutes. I hadn''t seen her since our wedding, so it was nice to catch up again.

Okay, gotta run. I hope everyone has a great weekend!

kathleenmv

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone!

Just a really quick note before I depart on our 100-mile bike trip.
23.gif
Yep, 100 miles!

In a moment of sheer lunacy, I agreed to go on a family reunion on wheels. (My husband''s family is super-duper active.) We''re touring northern Idaho, covering 100 miles in three days. GULP. We''ll have the kids in the bike trailer, which will be interesting. Wish me luck!!
9.gif

Also, Tacori and SS, wanted to answer your questions.
1.gif

Tacori, our daughter (our second child) is 19 months. I totally agree about stubborn baby weight! Between my first and second pregnancies, I gained quite a bit: about 80 pounds counting from my pre-preggo weight to my highest pregnancy weight with #2. (Wow, I don''t think I''ve ever written that down before. Yikes!) Although I lost quite a bit of pound-age in the first few weeks after our daughter was born (at 9.5 pounds, she was a big baby and I had retained TONS of fluid), the weight didn''t really start coming off until I weaned her at about a year. I think the combination of hormonal changes and my greater commitment to running contributed to the increased loss. Now I just have to keep up the momentum!
2.gif

SS, our son just turned four, but I have to admit we cheat with our camping! We have a trailer. We have tent camped with him, but it is a little harder. He sure does love camping--although I know a lot of it is getting dirty and eating s''mores!
1.gif

That''s all for now! Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Talk to y''all next week!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone! Happy weekend! I did my video this morning. It was tough which makes me feel *slightly* pathetic since I am on level 1. I have lost around 4lbs over the last two weeks though
36.gif
I weigh the lowest since pregnancy.
16.gif
I think I have lost most of it through diet though since I have only done the video 3 times. My body was just so sore I couldn''t bring myself to do it.

Tessa is CRABBY! I am thinking she is teething. She is being ultra sensitive. I feel bad for her. I bet it really hurts.
7.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I feel like a new woman today. Last night my annoying dry cough was out of control and today I have barely coughed at all (so far). I went for my walk/jog ealier but toned it down to 4 min walk 2 min jog since I haven''t been 100%.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Everyone!
35.gif
This morning I was 1/10 of a pound away from losing another pound but we had my favorite splurge lunch so I am sure I won''t bet there tomorrow. I love the Italian nachos and pizza at Old Chicago so I had some of each today. Of course other than my cheerios for BF that is all I ate today. The important thing is that is my only splurge for today and tomorrow I go right back on track. Yippee!
Marty asked me if I was afraid of the trailer now or didn''t want to go camping anymore since I fell in it. I said no, not at all. Why would I be? He said (and once he pointed it out I knew it was true) when you used to do something where you got hurt you''d never do it again. I told him that thought had never crossed my mind. He said, you''ve really changed your life and I don''t ever want to go back there. He then said, I would but I don''t want to. I told him I was glad I''d changed too. What a sweetie.
Last night we wandered the mall for a few hours. Marty picked up some new fleece shirts – all of his are 2 sizes too big. He got some new slacks. I was looking for “cheap” jewelry. I had a mint garnet solitaire ring made a few months ago so I have been working on getting stones for earrings and a pendant to match. The earring stones are 5mm trillion so they will just be studs. The pendant stone was ordered and returned about 6 times until I finally found one I liked. I didn’t want to spend too much on mountings so I look at jewelry on sale to see if there is something I can swap out the stones. I found a pendant mounting including chain and diamond accent for about $67 and they’ll charge me $25 to replace the stone. The earrings have tourmaline in them now and they cost $62 and they’ll swap out the stones for $50. I probably could have gotten the studs made cheaper elsewhere but the pendant plus chain is a great price so I figure I still paid about what I was willing to pay for them. I’ll get them back in a week. Yippee!!!
There are so many posts it’s like getting behind on grading papers. I love to see this thread so active.
Lorelei, rats for pants weather and having to wear winter clothing already. Woo hoo for being active that is always a good way to burn off a few calories.
Vizsla, the meat in entrees is always a bit suspicious to me. I try to stay away from prepared food. Have a blast with the girls. I am sure they won’t notice or mind a low fat version of breakfast.
Geckodani, have fun visiting your sister and woo hoo for having some settings on the way to “see”.
Skippy, that is certainly something you don’t see everyone day is a surprise wedding – at least other as far as the bride and groom are concerned. I hope he likes surprises. Have a great party tonight.
SanDiegoLady, I am glad you feel better after talking to your son’s recruiter. How awful that people would abuse 911. Aak. Have a great time with your stepdaughter.
DeeJay, you are so much more dedicated to working out on your birthday than I would be. My workouts on my birthday are lifting – wine and cake to my mouth. Tee hee.
Panda, yippee for seeing muscles and for cooking meals at home. We don’t eat out as much as we used to either. I am excited to see our garage cleaned out. Next BIG project will be the basement. That may only happen if we are snowed in, have no electricity and are bored out of our tiny minds.
Steph, good luck on your race for the cure. I so enjoyed participating in such a wonderful event.
Kimi, I hope a little pizza never hurt anybody since that is what I had today. I loved every bite of it too.
Rod, I hope your clean car stays that way and you don’t get rain from Ike. It looks like a monster. Glad to hear you and Charlie have the day off together. There is no way I could have or would have helped Marty clean the garage a few years ago. A few years ago I would have sat on a chair and told him to hand me things to throw away and that would have been about the extent of my help. It was kind of funny though I kept moving out of his way and he finally said you know you don’t have to do that anymore. I hope you enjoyed some pizza today.
Zoe, I am tempted to get my hair cut soon.
1.gif
That is neat you ran in to a friend at the movies.
Kathy, have a fun and safe trip on your 100 mile bike ride. Woo hoo for burning loads of calories.
Tacori, congratulations on losing 4 pounds.
36.gif
I hope Tessa feels better soon.
Appletini, I am glad to hear you are feeling better.
Have a great weekend.
Marcy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

35.gif
Sounds like folks are doing well.

It is our 23rd anniversary tomorrow so we have a weekend eating out planned. So so meal last night but a superb bottle of wine
9.gif
! Tonight we are out again and hope that it is a win/win eating/drinking.

I ran this morning, caught the good bit of wether as now it is cloudy. Cool. Fall is here already?????

Chatted up some acquaintainces--sisters--one my age and one about 10 years older. They are cycling buffs and do a circuit local to me--around 40K..In all kinds of weather too! And I thought I exercised a lot! But it is nice to hear that folks are active and take health maintainence to "heart" (no pun intended!)

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, have a great time at dinner. Happy Anniversary!
Happy%20Congratulations.gif
23 years is awesome.
cheerleader1.gif

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
It''s been an emotionally interesting day. I got up this morning and weighed myself. I usually don''t like to weigh myself and let how my clothes fit be the judge of my progress but I couldn''t help but sneak a peek. Sadly, I didn''t like what I saw. I was down a little under a pound. It''s not that losing a pound is bad but I felt like I have been pretty good the last two weeks and was hoping to see more progress. I felt sad and resentful and wanted to eat whatever I wanted to spite myself.
7.gif
Though I wanted something bad for breakfast, I wound up making a spinach and low fat cheese frittata with veggie sausage. When my honey asked me what was wrong, I couldn''t bring myself to tell him that I felt fat and depressed.

I took a break from my pity party when I met my trainer at 12:30p. I was feeling a little better and afterward, drove to my usual gym. I needed to put in some extra time since we went out for Italian food last night and I had overloaded on the carbs (oy... I love carbs but carbs don''t love me. I felt SO sick after dinner!). I set the elliptical to 40 minutes and turned on my iPod. As I was peddling, I thought about why I was sad this morning and how to channel those negative feelings into something more positive. I thought about why I wanted to change my habits, from the silly reasons - so I can wear something cute when my honey slips my ering on my finger late next month - to the important reasons - so I can be healthier, leaner and stronger. I thought about how everyone on this thread are working hard and trying their best to be better. Then, unexpectedly, I felt a surge of emotion move through me, and I choked up... right as I happened to spy a stencil on one of the gym''s wall that said: Never let weakness make you think you lack strength. At that moment, I broke through my sadness and found the motivation I needed to peddle faster and harder through my workout.

I''m being incredibly sappy, I know. But I wanted to say thank you, for inspiring me when I felt like giving up.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Panda, I want to say a couple of things. First, I am delighted to hear that through your sadness you found strength and motivation to work harder towards your goal. That is awesome. Although I am a scale freak and weigh daily, I don’t think it should be something that can show your total progress. You said you are down one pound and I think that is awesome. You are building muscle which weighs more AND you had a big meal last night which probably put on a few pounds of water weight. No matter what you weigh or how great your clothes fit next month when you get that gorgeous ring slipped on your finger – you will be beautiful – glowing on the outside and inside. You are doing a great job working at being healthy!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a quickie before the HH calls me up to dinner.

We had a great meal last night and several wonderful bottles of wine... which is why I couldn''t even bear the idea of working out today until after 3:00. I did 65 mins on the dreadmill, but no running for me today.

Rod, I''ll send you an email and we can coordinate dinner. We''re so excited to see you guys!

Panda, I know progress can seem to creep along at a maddeningly slow pace, but Marcy is right about you gaining muscle, which weighs, more than fat, so I bet you are doing better than you think. Hang in there!

Sharon, congrats on 23 years!!!

To everyone else that I don''t have the time to type a personal hello to right now...
35.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Panda! I could have written your post -- I feel that way sometimes too. It''s hard sometimes to see the good progress you''re making when the scale isn''t being cooperative (that''s how I see it, anyway
1.gif
). Forty minutes on the elliptical is awesome -- good for you! As I''ve been reminded a few times here, it isn''t easy but the weight does come off -- be patient and work hard. It sounds like you''re doing all the right things. Slipping up a little won''t hurt -- if it happens. There''s always the next meal/snack to get back on track.

Isn''t everyone so helpful here? I don''t always have time to post, but I do lurk on this thread every day. I love seeing the progress that everyone is making towards reaching his/her goal(s). It is very inspirational and a great motivator.

Canuk -- I hope you and your husband have a wonderful anniversary! Congrats!!

Have a good night everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results