shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 1st Sept till 7th Sept

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new week all!

How fast this year is going, 1st Sept today.....Now is an excellent time to thoroughly evaluate your goals, really think about how your eating and workout plans is serving you....Sometimes a change is an excellent thing to mix things up a bit and to help you to make the kind of progress you want to. Also shopping for Fall and winter clothes can be a great incentive also to celebrate your success and help you achieve even more positive change!

For the ladies who have just joined or come back to the HLT, I also wanted to say welcome again and congrats on taking the first steps towards your new healthier bodies and lifestyles! It can be a bit daunting at times, but remember what matters are the things you do consistently over a long period of time which makes the difference, if you tumble off the wagon just climb back on! As long as you overall try to eat clean and healthy and try to fit in some exercise, that is what will get you where you want to be, not that you ate a bag of chips/ chocolate/ or overdid the holiday weekend potato salad!

It bears repeating - slow and steady wins the race!

Have a great week
35.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Lorelei! I actually posted earlier, but I guess I was thinking it was Sunday still -- I posted in last week''s thread.

Oh boy did I tumble off that wagon this weekend! Quick recap of what I had written:

-- Friday -- wine bar for dinner. I had a great turkey burger with red potatoes on the side, and then my husband and I split a dessert sampler.
-- Saturday -- 2 pieces of pizza for lunch before we went to the movies, where I had half of a small bag of peanut M&Ms.
-- Sunday -- we went to one of our favorite Italian/Greek places and I had a gyro appetizer made with ground meat, tomatoes, spinach leaves, and a yummy cucumber/yogurt sauce. The gyro sat on top of mini pitas.

I did make it to the gym for an hour both weekend days -- once to meet with my trainer and once to swim with my husband. I have to admit, everything was delicious, and I don''t regret it. Plus, I weighed myself this morning, and it looksm like I''ve lost a total of 8 pounds since I began 6 weeks ago. I''m not sure I completely believe the number that registered (especially after this weekend), but I''ll take it.

I feel so out of the loop -- not enough time last week to read through most of the thread. I hope everyone''s doing well.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YAY Zoe, 8 pounds is excellent!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Good Monday morning guys! Lorelei, once again a great opener. I can''t believe it is Sept. 1st already! This year has flown by!
I really have been on a not so good track the past few weeks with lots of stuff happening. I think the main issue is the doctor put me on steroid for 2 allergic reactions I had, so I''ve been on them for almost a full month and they are making me soooo hungry. I feel like nothing will make me full and I''m not used to that feeling. Thankfully, I am ending the medicine soon. I have tried to make healthy choices, but I know I am going way over my calorie intake that I should be at. Anyway, I have been getting in lots of exercise so that is good. Yesterday I woke up at 5 am and couldn''t sleep, so after making a quick breakfast, I went on a 3 mile walk in the neighborhood which was so nice seeing the beautiful sunrise. Then last night, I still had a ton of energy, so I went on a 20 min. run. Today I am cleaning my house, so that''s always a good workout and I will probably go on a walk/run this evening after dinner. Anyway, hope everyone is doing well!

Zoe, great job on 8 lbs!!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all; thanks for you kind words, Family was over yesterday! I made a low cal meal but my sister brought over a naughty dessert
11.gif
and I couldn't resist (things are so out of sight out of mind for me if it is there it is so difficult to resist). My nephew was restless so I felt bad for him (everyone was sitting and chit chatting). I got up pulled out the kick ball and played kick ball for about 20 mins and chased him, little kids are a great way to get a workout in. Hubby was so sweet and cleaned up the kitchen afterward so I relaxed the rest of the night.

Tonight I am going to walk with my cousin. Hopefully it won't rain, it was so rainy yesterday!! Have a Great day off All!!
35.gif

LORELEI, what a super duper incredibly inspiring opening! You inspired me, hubby took a picture of me yesterday and I need to work on toning more so I was a little bummed but your opening made me feel better (inspired), thank you!!!

ZOEBARTLETT, woooo hooo for the 8 lb loss! Yum I love Greek, one of my favorites for sure!

TACORI, woo hoo for the workout!

PANDA, glad you joined us; I post lots of recipes in this thread and my spinach lasagna is there too. hehe https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/wwt-healthier-recipes-thread-post-your-recipes-here.85010/page-6

STEPH, don't be so hard on yourself, steroids are hard and I am glad you will be off them soon! You are keeping up your workouts so that is good! How is Andrew? Wow, school already! He is sure a cutie!

ROD glad it cooled off but too bad it was so windy, enjoy your day off friend!!

MARCY, oh I am sorry you fell, hope you are feeling better! Hugs!

LINDA, thanks! Hope your hubby is feeling better and it cools off out there!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Labor Day all! I did an hour on the bike today with a new book, so the time went by fast. I noticed something this morning that I've been kind of afraid of... I am getting a muscle bulge on the outside of my thighs above the knee. It is very slight at this point, but I know it's going to get worse as time goes on. ARGH!!! My goal was to be thin and toned, not muscular...
39.gif

So stupid question of the day: Does anyone notice that they don't feel hungry UNTIL they eat? This is especially true for me in the mornings. I will be fine, but then I'll have a little something and POW! Starving!!!

Lorelie, I LOVE fall! My favorite thing is to start getting out all my sweaters and snuggle down in a comfy pair of jeans and some cute boots. (Plus sweaters are better at hiding those extra pounds than any summer clothes!
9.gif
) Hmmm. Maybe I'll head off to the mall this afternoon and see if there's anything fun out there for fall that I need to own.

Zoe, if you knew what I ate last night you'd be HORRIFIED, so don't even sweat what you had. Plus we can't be good ALL the time. Celebrate your eight pounds, and climb back on the wagon. No harm, no foul!

Steph, a 5 am walk?!? You go girl!!!

Skippy, a little dessert every now and then is a GOOD thing!
3.gif
And I'm sure you worked it off chasing your nephew around.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/1/2008 12:13:08 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
Happy Labor Day all! I did an hour on the bike today with a new book, so the time went by fast. I noticed something this morning that I''ve been kind of afraid of... I am getting a muscle bulge on the outside of my thighs above the knee. It is very slight at this point, but I know it''s going to get worse as time goes on. ARGH!!! My goal was to be thin and toned, not muscular...
39.gif

So stupid question of the day: Does anyone notice that they don''t feel hungry UNTIL they eat? This is especially true for me in the mornings. I will be fine, but then I''ll have a little something and POW! Starving!!!

Lorelie, I LOVE fall! My favorite thing is to start getting out all my sweaters and snuggle down in a comfy pair of jeans and some cute boots. (Plus sweaters are better at hiding those extra pounds than any summer clothes!
9.gif
) Hmmm. Maybe I''ll head off to the mall this afternoon and see if there''s anything fun out there for fall that I need to own.

Zoe, if you knew what I ate last night you''d be HORRIFIED, so don''t even sweat what you had. Plus we can''t be good ALL the time. Celebrate your eight pounds, and climb back on the wagon. No harm, no foul!

Steph, a 5 am walk?!? You go girl!!!

Skippy, a little dessert every now and then is a GOOD thing!
3.gif
And I''m sure you worked it off chasing your nephew around.
Yep I often don''t notice I am hungry until I eat!

As for Fall shopping, excellent idea - I am prowling around seeing what I ought to own also! Hehehe....
27.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tacori, you little enabler YOU!
31.gif
I ordered the Biggest Loser Sculpting dvd, I can't wait to try it out!!! hehe
36.gif

DeeJay, yay for the biking, I bet it won't get big. You and my hubby rock, he just biked 25 miles. Go power bikers! hehe

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning. I would like to say “Oh, my aching butt”.
14.gif
It happened so fast yesterday I couldn’t really remember where I hit but when I went to bed last night it all came back to me. I hit the center of my left buttock right on the corner of the pointy and lightly carpeted step. That part is really sore and I am very aware of it right now. I don’t think anything else is too bad today though.
2 years ago today I began this incredible journey.
9.gif
I woke up that day and decided enough was enough and I had to change or die. I certainly went beyond my wildest dreams and am definitely healthier now than I ever imagined as well.
Rod, good luck with Hanna coming your way and any side effects you might get from Gustav. I am very sorry to hear about your friend having breast cancer. My friend in Bozeman beat it about 5 years ago and I sure hope she can too. Sending lots of PS get well wishes her way.
Linda, sorry to hear you fell down your steps before too, I hope you didn''t get hurt. I honestly don’t remember what happened other than I missed the step or stepped on the edge. My behind sure knows the spot I hit though.
Zoe, congratulations on losing 8 pounds.
36.gif
I tend to eat differently on the weekends and it works for me. I eat 6 small meals a day M-F, but on weekends I usually only eat 2 meals so I eat more fattening foods but quit when I get full. I think it keeps my body guessing what I am doing too since it’s not the same every day.
Lorelei, great opener. Slow and steady does win the race and keeping focused on trying to stick to your routine most of the time is how we’ll succeed in the long run. I love shopping for fall clothes! I hope you found something fun you couldn’t live without. I think I am going to go do that next.
Steph, you are certainly getting in some great work outs. Stay safe from the storms.
Skippy, I am sure you had a blast playing ball with your cute nephew. That was sweet of your hubby to do the dishes for you. I hope you had nice weather today for a walk. Thanks for the hugs – I am better and should be back to my usual self by tomorrow.
DeeJay, I vary whether I am very hungry or not. Some days I can’t eat enough to get full and other days I get slightly hungry. On the days I am starving I usually lose weight. I hope you found time to go shopping and found some new clothes.
Have a great labor day.
35.gif

Marcy

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
2 years Marcy, that is so inspiring!!!
36.gif
36.gif
You rock, hope the tush feels better.

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone! Happy Labor Day! Sadly, I''m laboring today but at least it''s at home so I don''t have to make the 40 mile commute into the office.

Took yesterday off from working out. After weeks of visiting the kitchen only for a glass of water and eating out almost every night, I finally sat down late yesterday afternoon, went through my cookbooks and planned a week worth''s of meals. I love to cook but have been too lazy. I know that getting back into the kitchen is the best way to eat healthier. Armed with a list, my honey and I went to the grocery store and stocked up on fruits and veggies and other items for the meals for the week. When we got home, we made a dinner of orange roughy simmered in a garlic pomodoro sauce served with a crusty 9 grain bread and a green salad with beets, fat-free feta (from Trader Joe''s... it''s delish!), and pearl tomatoes tossed with a balsamic vinaigrette. After dinner, we sat down with a rented movie and when my honey wanted an ice cream cone with the Ben&Jerry''s he got at the store, I made one for him, licked the spoon and refrained from scooping one for myself
1.gif

This morning, I made a simple breakfast of egg beaters with veggie sausage and coffee. I''m meeting my personal trainer at 4pm for my daily whooping. She kicks my butt every time!

Thanks, Lorelei for the inspirational words. I''ll be sure to re-read them if I ever need to lift my spirits and find some motivation.

Skippy, thanks for the recipe link! Treating yourself to a little dessert when you''re generally good isn''t too bad...

Congrats on the 8 lbs., Zoe!

Way to go on those workouts, Steph!

Dee*Jay, I''m totally the opposite. I''m used to eating breakfast so if I don''t get anything in my stomach by 9am, especially during the work week when I''m up by 5:30a, I start feeling weak.

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Marcy! We must have been posting at the same time. Congrats on year 2! That''s awesome
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/1/2008 3:20:41 PM
Author: panda08
Hi everyone! Happy Labor Day! Sadly, I''m laboring today but at least it''s at home so I don''t have to make the 40 mile commute into the office.

Took yesterday off from working out. After weeks of visiting the kitchen only for a glass of water and eating out almost every night, I finally sat down late yesterday afternoon, went through my cookbooks and planned a week worth''s of meals. I love to cook but have been too lazy. I know that getting back into the kitchen is the best way to eat healthier. Armed with a list, my honey and I went to the grocery store and stocked up on fruits and veggies and other items for the meals for the week. When we got home, we made a dinner of orange roughy simmered in a garlic pomodoro sauce served with a crusty 9 grain bread and a green salad with beets, fat-free feta (from Trader Joe''s... it''s delish!), and pearl tomatoes tossed with a balsamic vinaigrette. After dinner, we sat down with a rented movie and when my honey wanted an ice cream cone with the Ben&Jerry''s he got at the store, I made one for him, licked the spoon and refrained from scooping one for myself
1.gif

This morning, I made a simple breakfast of egg beaters with veggie sausage and coffee. I''m meeting my personal trainer at 4pm for my daily whooping. She kicks my butt every time!
Wow, I am impressed with planning your meals!!! That is awesome! Don''t work too hard! yum to b&J''s

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Skippy! I need to get up because my touchy is not happy right now.
Panda, that’s a great idea to plan your meals for the week and cook healthy at home. I need to plan meals for this week but haven’t thought about it yet. Aak. Thanks for the congrats for my 2 years anniversary.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the congrats! It feels good! I hope everyone''s is enjoying their day off. It''s back to the daily grind tomorrow.

Skippy -- kickball sounds like fun! It sounds ike you had a great time with your family. Wow -- your husband biked 25 miles?? Good for him!

Dee Jay -- Did you find anything at the mall? I''m looking forward to going shopping but I want to wait a bit longer. Maybe I''ll see a difference in how clothes fit if I wait it out. It''s funny, I never really thought about your question, but now that I have, yes -- I do find that I''m hungry sometimes only after I begin to eat. Weird.

Marcy -- congrats on the big anniversary! I''m so proud of you! I hope the tush feels better soon.
1.gif

Hi Panda! I forgot to say welcome when I saw that you had posted last week. So...welcome! The dinner you made the other night sounds delicious!

We''re having baked salmon, little red potatoes, and either a veggie or a salad for dinner tonight.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Zoe, 8 lbs is so great! I CANNOT wait to be able to say that! I will probably be so excited I''ll tell strangers about my weight loss
2.gif
Keep up the good work!

Steph, sorry to hear about the medicine but sounds like you are doing great with your activity level! Hopefully once you stop the meds things will click into place.

Skippy, sounds like you have a sweet DH!
36.gif
Let me know how you like that video.

Rod, you are 100%. My core is weak. I think it really weakened with my pregnancy so I do need to strengthen it. That''s a goal everyone should meet. Hopefully this video will do that. Today my butt, thighs, abs, and arms are sore. Not bad for a 25 min workout!

Dee*Jay, does your body build muscle quickly? Maybe there are different exercises you can do to avoid this. Sounds like you are doing great though!

marcy, congrats on your anniversary! You should be SOOOO proud of yourself! I am proud of you. Hope you feel better soon.

panda, sounds like you are doing all the right things!

Lorelei, you are right...slow and steady seems to be what I am doing. I have lost 40lbs (which took little effort) but wish my body did love these extra 15 lbs so much!
3.gif
But I know I can do it and hopefully not gain as much with my next pregnancy!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Tacori! By the way, congrats on the 40 lb. weight loss!!! That''s great! How did you do it?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/1/2008 4:41:52 PM
Author: ZoeBartlett
Thanks Tacori! By the way, congrats on the 40 lb. weight loss!!! That's great! How did you do it?

Doesn't really count since I was pregnant. I just like to remind myself of how much I have lost so I don't get depressed over how much farther I have to go! I gained around 50-55lbs (true be told I STOPPED counting at 50 the last few weeks) so I was huge (I am only 5'1") and she was normal size baby so I can't really blame her
27.gif
I know some women just gain more than others. I lost the 40 lbs over time. I am sure breast feeding helped (did that for 6.5 months) but it didn't FALL off like everyone told me it would. I really do believe everyone's body has a size it is happy at. I just hope *this* isn't the size b/c *I* am NOT happy! I want to fit into my old clothes!
40.gif

ETA: I just got back from a short walk with T. I figured since I am no shape to work out I can at least WALK. Since it is kinda cooler we went around our neighborhood.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Greetings! Just retruned from my annual labor day weekend trip to the river. Good news and bad news. I was feeling sick Wed/Thurs of last week with a sore thorad and went to the Dr. Thurs for a previously scheduled allergy medicine refill. I had sore throat, but they did a strep test which was negative. Friday I felt great, but lost my voice that night and it still hasn''t come back, so I think I''ll be working from home tomorrow. I did however go for a 30 min walk on Sat AM, and I did my 30 miin walk/jog this morning before coming back home. Also Hurricane Gustav did not come to Houston! Hopefully those along its path are safe though. I know Rod and Steph are also relieved it didnt go their way.

Rod/Steph, I hope y''all don''t get hit again with Hurricane Hannah.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey everyone!

Thanks for the reminder that slow and steady wins the race Lorelei!!!!!

Today was a quiet day for a holiday. Charlie worked all day and I worked out so hard at the gym yesterday that I didn't want to workout today, so I really didn't do much of anything. I lounged around and watched the hurricane pummel the gulf coast this morning. I had a chicken sandwich with leftover chicken from last night's dinner for lunch. And then I sat at Sbucks under the oak and had a cup of coffee. Neither of our favorite sushi places was open today, so we had decided we would just go to our favorite little diner for dinner, but even they closed at 4 PM, so I just wound up going to Fresh Market and I bought a pound of lump crab meat to make jumbo lump Maryland crab cakes, some more fresh white corn and some fresh asparagus and fixed dinner at home. It was all ready when Charlie got home and was a really good meal. We went out to the closer Sbucks for coffee and a couple pieces of Lindt Dark Chocolate for dessert. I'm going to the gym after work tomorrow night, so it will be a loooong day for me, but that's OK. I don't like to miss my gym time unless I absolutely have to. There are lot's of storms brewing in the Caribbean, so we're certainly very concerned. They said it would be an active year and it's really heating up right now. Hopefully, they'll all travel somewhere out to sea and leave us alone. A big sigh of relief is always felt on November 30, when the hurricane season is over for another 6 months.

WOO HOO for 8 pounds lost Zoe!! It doesn't really sound like you over indulged this weekend. And it was a holiday weekend, so some indulging is called for anyway!!

Steph, I'm glad you're better and I'm sure you'll be really happy to stop taking the steroids. Steroids really can make you hungry, even if you're not, so I'm glad you've been making healthy choices and continuing to get in exercise. Take care....

I can so see you playing kick ball with your nephew Aunt Skippy! How could you turn down a naughty dessert if it was just sitting there taunting you?? I'm sure you didn't over indulge anyway, and you burned some of the calories playing with your nephew!!

DeeJay, I never wake up hungry, but I do force myself to eat breakfast when I wakeup none-the-less. When hunger really hits me is noon. I usually can't wait to have lunch. I do miss a northen fall. Reading how you enjoy getting out your sweaters brings back good memories. But then fall leads to winter, which doesn't bring back such great memories.......LOL

I'm sorry your butt still hurts Marcy. I hurt my butt (I slipped on some ice and fell right on pavement right at the base of my butt - ouch) once and I remember it was really slow healing. I hope yours feels better soon. Congratulations on your 2 year anniversary! My three year anniversary for Rebuild Rod is coming up on October 13th! Thanks for PS dust for our friend who has breast cancer too.

Linda, I'm so glad it cooled off for you a bit. And thanks for the kind thoughts about our friend too. Breast cancer is an insidious disease. I'm sure she'll fight it hard and she is very healthy, so she's got that going for her. I'm glad to hear that Rick is feeling better. Give him my best, would you?

Good for you planning your meals in advance and getting back in the kitchen Panda!! You're right, you'll certainly make healthier meals at home. And they'll likely be tastier too. That dinner you made sounded delicious!!

It's good that you're sore Tacori! It means you accomplished something, so keep up the great work!! I'm sure you'll be reporting you've lost weight in no time!!

Apple, I'm sorry you weren't feeling well and hope you're better and your voice returns. I'm glad it wasn't strep. Strep is pretty awful stuff. Thanks for thinking about us Florida folks with Hurricane Hannah growing off the east coast. They say it will likely head towards the Carolinas. Good for us, not good for them. I guess I didn't realize you were in Houston? I'm glad Gustav decided not to visit you!

I guess that's enough babbling from me for one day. I hope everyone enjoyed the long weekend, which somehow didn't seem to be so long. But at least we only have 4 days of work till the weekend!! YAY!! I'll check in tomorrow night, but it will be a quick one since I won't get home till after my workout.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, I am exhausted! I forgot how tiring a trip to the mall could be. I MADE myself go into a variety of stores that I don''t normally frequent in an effort to break out of my usual mold. At one point however I was in this store called "Forever 21" and I realized that I could not only be the mother, but perhaps the grandmother, of all of the other patrons in there, so I gave myself permission to leave. And of course, despite my efforts to shop in different places I ended up only buying things in Bloomies, Talbots, and Ann Taylor anyway. When I tried to leave the mall I wandered around for the better part of a half-hour in a mounting panic that someone had stolen my beloved Lexus before the correct synapses in my brain made contact and I recalled that I had taken the HH''s car because it was was behind the garage when I left and I didn''t feel like doing the car swap on my way out. Talk about senility at 37!!!

The HH made some sort of elaborate roasted herbed chicken for dinner with grilled potatos and sauteed zucchini. There is however one last Hostess cupcake calling my name for dessert...

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/1/2008 9:22:51 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
OMG, I am exhausted! I forgot how tiring a trip to the mall could be. I MADE myself go into a variety of stores that I don't normally frequent in an effort to break out of my usual mold. At one point however I was in this store called 'Forever 21' and I realized that I could not only be the mother, but perhaps the grandmother, of all of the other patrons in there, so I gave myself permission to leave. And of course, despite my efforts to shop in different places I ended up only buying things in Bloomies, Talbots, and Ann Taylor anyway. When I tried to leave the mall I wandered around for the better part of a half-hour in a mounting panic that someone had stolen my beloved Lexus before the correct synapses in my brain made contact and I recalled that I had taken the HH's car because it was was behind the garage when I left and I didn't feel like doing the car swap on my way out. Talk about senility at 37!!!

The HH made some sort of elaborate roasted herbed chicken for dinner with grilled potatos and sauteed zucchini. There is however one last Hostess cupcake calling my name for dessert...
LOL, no way, I don't believe that!!! You are too funny and that is so not true! Your dinner sounds good!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Back from a 4 mile walk. hehe Nothing super exciting going on, except I heard from a friend who loves to travel, he emailed me from Santiago, Chile and came back from Easter Island; he and I use to go to high school together and then we worked for the same accounting firm but he worked in the CA office and we happened to work together on a job and are back in touch, so it was fun to hear from him!
9.gif

I had a hodge podge day of eating, I just wasn't in the mood for anything which is super weird so I made a protein shake and had that for dinner and a bowl of strawberries. Hope everyone has a great evening!!! happy Labor day!

TACORI, wow, good for you losing the 40 lbs!!! You will be there before you know it! I will keep you posted on the Biggest Loser dvd I bought; I just love Tessa's avatar! hehe

APPLE, hope you feel better and yay for your walk/run!

ROD, yay for an uber workout!!! mmm, lump crab cake sounds yummy. It was fun playing kickball! hehe Thanks! Hope no hurricanes come your way.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi.
35.gif
We went out for dinner this afternoon. I had salad with low fat dressing, 2 bread sticks, 1 meatball and some linguine with marinara sauce. We decided to forego the dessert and had some slow churned ice cream tonight. I walked on the treddie and cleaned out all of my dresser drawers. I need to start switching clothes out for fall. One of my students told me it was snowing in the western part of our state today. Aak!
Zoe, getting new and smaller clothes has become quite a hobby of mine. I know you’ll have a blast looking for new clothes soon. Thanks for the lovely compliment and my tush is better tonight.
Tacori, glad to hear your workout got your body’s attention! Thanks for the kind words and I do feel better tonight.
Appletini, I hope you feel better soon.
Rod, it looks like the hurricane season is going to be a rough one for the next 12 weeks. Aak. Thanks for the congrats. I am surprised your Rebuild Rod anniversary will only three years – I thought you’d been doing this for years.
1.gif
That is awesome! I am much better tonight, sorry to hear about you slipping on ice – I am always worried about that.
DeeJay, I hope you found some great new clothes. I do wander in to most stores but some I quickly decide this is not for me and move along. Too funny about looking for your car instead of DH’s.
Skippy, glad you had a nice 4 mile walk. It’s always nice to catch up with an old friend.
Have a great evening.
Marcy

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
Ow. My trainer kicked my butt a little too much this afternoon and made my back sore while working on a particular weight
8.gif
This was the first time since I started working with her that I had to tell her to ease off.

For lunch, had a whole grain wrap with hummus, romaine lettuce, and sliced tomatoes with a cup of organic strawberries. That was hands down THE healthiest lunch I''ve had in AGES! LOL! We just finished dinner. I made seared scallops and mixed veggies while my sweetie made the salad. A good eating day overall. It''s strange, it''s kinda nice reporting about what I''m eating. Definitely makes me aware of what I''m putting in my mouth, especially when I''m confessing at the end of the day about what I''ve had!
2.gif

40 lbs. is a lot to be proud of, Tacori!

Rod, your crab cakes sounds so good. There''s nothing I love more than a great crab cake. Hope the storms passes you guys without incident.

Dee*Jay, LOL! I used to go into Forever 21 to get a party top now and again. But the last time I went, I just felt like a fogey so I know what you mean!

Skippy, you''re so good about your walks! Glad you had a chance to catch up with an old friend.

Wow, Marcy, cleaning out your closet for the fall already! It''s still much too warm out here in CA, today was in the high 80''s!

Ughh... off to do some more work. Have a great evening everyone!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Good morning friends. I feel so good this morning. I woke up at 5:45 and got up for a nice morning run. It was only a 20 minute run, but I worked up quite the sweat. I really like to get my day started out that way and want to stay on track at least a few days per week that early with some longer runs on the weekends.
The rest of this week is going to be quite interesting and busy. My friend is a nanny for 2 kids during the week. Andrew and I go on playdates with them all the time. Well, my friend''s father in NY got very sick and she had to go be with him, so I volunteered to keep the kids for the week. So now I am going to see what it is like having 3 kids. The older girl goes to school with Andrew and then there is 2 year old boy. It will be lots of fun I''m sure, but lots of work too! Hope everyone has a great day!

Skippy, yep kickball with the kids is a great workout! Andrew is great and loving school...thanks for asking friend!

DeeJay, great job on the hour bike. I get too bored doing something that long. I wish I could stick it out like you!

Marcy, hope you are feeling better after your fall. Congrats on 2 years....you truly rock!

Panda, I love planning meals for the week. It really keeps you on track and away from eating out.

Tacori, I gained 55 lbs too with Andrew and it took me 2+ years to lose it all. You are doing great, girl! I said the same thing, when I get pregnant again I am sooo not gaining that much...it is too hard to get it off!

Appletini, sorry you are not feeling well. Thanks for the well wishes with the storms. Did you guys get bad weather? Aren''t you in TX?

Rod, glad you had a relaxing kind of day yesterday. Crossing fingers for us that the brewing storms miss us!

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
good morning everyone! wonderful opener!

and whoo hoo it''s tuesday instead of monday!!!! i love to start the week on any day but monday ;-)

congrats to all of the continued weight losers and maintainers!!!!!

i''ve always thought losing weight was the hard part.. but now i''m realizing that maintaining is twice as hard! it''s easy to be vigilant when you see the scale going down.. it''s just that much more motivation. but when it stops moving and you need to keep it there.. whoa nelly!

anyhoo.. this weekend was touch and go as far as being ''healthy''

saturday football/beer/pizza day ;-) luckily we walked around campus a lot and stood most of the day (hey, standing burns more calories than sitting right?) - sunday we had cookout at our friends lake house so i did nothing but eat and socialize ;-) then yesterday we had 2 cookouts!! but i refrained from eating anything at the second cookout and instead had a bottle of water.

and since it was monday and not the weekend (i always take saturday and sunday off from working out) i thought i better do something - so i ran last night. it was the first time i''ve actually run in the dark and i loved it! i felt like i was running so fast.. i even lapped 2 guys (i felt like such a superstar;-)

i woke up today and was down 1.6lbs! (yes, it could be water weight, but i''m taking it!) at least it makes me feel like my hard work from the last week is paying off.. i only hope my ''cookout marathon weekend'' doesn''t ruin it for me;-)

i''m so very jealous of all of your delicious meals! i feel like by the time i get home, play with the dog, start a load of laundry, etc. i don''t have time to *make* anything.. so i usually just have veggies and rice. PLUS dh and i have totally opposing food tastes. anyhoo.. all of your dinners sound so yum! crab cakes.. be still my heart!

well that''s all the news with me...
i think i''m going to go to abs and spinning today since i ran yesterday, even though today is a weight training day i feel after this weekend i need more cardio. then tonight is doggie swim at our pool - after they close the pool for the year, and before they drain it.. they let the dogs swim! its sooo fun.. i''ll take pictures!

35.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Good morning all! I''ve lost 5 pounds on South Beach so far! Yay!!!
36.gif

DH and I went to the Renaissance Festival with our friends and their kids yesterday. Iain the 6 year old was running around with green velvel dragon wings on and Bella the 2 year old was the perfect vision of a little princess. One of the vendors gave her a pink ribbon for her hair and you would have thought that little girl had been given diamonds she was so happy! So freaking cute. Makes my ovaries hurt.

I have 2 more weeks on this insane 10 hour workday schedule, and then I can get back to working out! Yay!

Zoe- 8 pounds is AWESOME! Congrats!!!
36.gif

Steph - You are my hero for getting up that early to work out! Go you!

Skippy - Desserts are evil, that''s just all there is to it.
2.gif

Dee - If I''m not hungry it''s usually a bad sign that I''ve let my blood sugar drop too low. I can actually get to the point of not being hungry, and then get dizzy. Breakfast is a must for me! And I totally hear you on the mall! I must have walked 3 miles this weekend just wandering around malls.
14.gif

Marcy - Ouch! Poor heiney. Feel better! 2 years.... wowza. Totally inspirational!

Tacori - Love the new pic of your daughter! She''s so freaking CUTE!!! And WOW on losing 40 pounds. That''s amazing.

Panda - Planning meals for the week is the only way I''ve been successful. Otherwise I just get lost.

My biggest challenge is going to be this weekend. I''m driving to Canada to visit my sister - and the woman can COOK! Makes it creative to stay on track, LOL!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Steph, We''ve had nothing but sunshine in Houston...there is a chance we''ll get some rain sometime this week, but nothing to worry about.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good Morning Friends!!!
1.gif
I have lots of errands to do today, it is an allergy shot and Costco day and I always end up throwing in a couple of other places for fun. Hubby will probably meet me for lunch along my shopping journey.

Well tonight I will do some sit ups, push ups, and some back exercises. My cousin and I will be walking again.
3.gif
Have a fab day all
emhot.gif

ROD ~ I have your dear friend in my prayers. Take care.

MARCY ~ great job on the treadmill and walks, lots of Skippys! hehe Wow, fall clothes already! What is temps out there?

PANDA ~ hey there sweetie! woooo hooo for a great trainer workout! I am sorry about your back, I hope it feels better. I was reading your lunch and thought "wow, that is super healthy lunch" yum! Dinner sounds healthy too! hehe

STEPH ~ gosh, Andrew must keep you busy, those little kids love to play! you rock those runs, Steph!!! Wow, 3 kids, that is so sweet of you, you have a good heart!! I will keep your friends dear dad in my prayers.

VIZSLA ~ maintaining is the hardest for sure, or I would have stayed their, oy! Yay for 1.6 weight loss, great job!! Looking forward to dogie pics

GECKODANI ~ yay for losing 5 lbs, great job!!!! LOL to the ovaries. hehe Don't work too hard.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results