shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 1st June till 7th June

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
bee* - seriously, you're a rockstar. 2 hours! Seriously, that's 3 snaps and a clap awesome!

lauren - it is natural to feel a little sluggish in the workout process. Your body is trying to figure out what you are doing to it! Don't let it discourage you. I am excited about your outlook, and remember, movement is MOVEMENT.

Tacori- I totally get you on the jeans! HIP HIP HORRAY FOR THE TINY LABEL! That is AWESOME!!!! Sorry about T being w/ a sick kiddo! That totally stinks, I hope she doesn't pick anything up!

Charger- man I love it when I come back the same weight when on a vacation... esp when enjoying myself! I'm soo jealous! You're gonna be rockin' out the sexy pants at your reunion in no time!

Danielle - yeah, the treadmill is a rough one, I have a hard time on it too. I find that when I'm forced inside to the gym due to funky weather, and I'm not feelng the treadmill, I decide to kick my own booty and RUN THE STAIRSTEPPER. Yeah, you read that right.. I'll crank that escalator up to 20 and RUN. I use it like a hill workout, when it is too hot to go climb one of the mountains around here. Do you own a HR moniter? I personally love POLAR because it is programable to your own height weight age gender etc and will give a pretty acurate calorie burn assesment. They run about $100 and are SOO WORTH IT. I use it to HR train, and the best part about the one I have is that it takes over the machine I'm on. Which means the machine reads off of my HR transmitter, and I dont have to use the grips to see where my HR is. I personally like to spike my HR for an anerorbic workout, and then drop it, and then SPIKE it.. and repeat. This burns more calories than working out in the Fatburn zone, and REALLY pushes your body and trains your legs heart and everything else in a new and different motion. But that said, I am sooo proud of you for pushing through a mentally tough workout. Sometimes you have some of thsoe were you just have to fight your mind to get through it. That is excellent training for endurance races, when you just have a mental block. That is really awesome! I hope you have fun at your hub's bday party!!!

Shiny- I'm glad you had fun w/ your hike and your yoga was interesting... but if they are yelling at you, sounds like a calorie burner! I dont have any advice on the blood sugar, but I hope you are alright!

Rod- glad you were able to squeeze a workout in, even though it was such a long day... and I'm glad your leg is a little better. Healing is a very slow process, and I'm glad you aren't getting frustrated with it all.

Marcy- I am soo glad you are enjoying this time w/ your friends while marty is gone. Sometmes it is easy to sit around and bored eat... so I am super impressed that you are going out and enjoying yourself in moderation. That is really awesome. I'm sorry you aren't sleeping well... maybe it is sleeping alone? I hope marty comes back soon and helps you sleep better!

canuk - with the running and biking, have you considered a duathlon? Could be fun! Hope you enjoy the movies!!!

Well Happy Friday Everyone! I hope you meet your daily goals!
35.gif

This morning's run was HOT and HUMID... so I ran fast.
9.gif
I actually hit the road about 5 minutes earlier than usual, and my DH got to look at my backside as he was coming in from his hour long bike ride. He said it was a nice view to come home to. Though I think he is full of it, my butt is not that great. I decided this morning to try out a different pair of shoes w/ a different insole. WHOOPS. 2 miles in and HELLO PF. So I had to stop and stretch through- so that stunk a little. Not the stretching, but the razor blades in the bottom of my right foot. I'm pretty good at mentally pushing through most body pains w. the exception of broken skin. So I found something to focus on. A man in his late 70's or 80's was walking. He had his workout shorts on, a headband, and matching wristbands.. and was pumping his arms. He was moving at a pretty good clip. In my head I was thinking... whoa its Jack LaLanne, the power juicer works! Then I thought of the movie run fat boy run, and the landlord with the spatula, who also wore the headbands and I thought of my DH, who jokingly told me he'd chase after me with a spatula to make me run faster... and I started laughing. So I got back on my run, and finished strong... making a mental note not to run in those shoes w/ those inserts again.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
He he, I had a major day off today
40.gif
- I won''t go into all the gory details, but suffice to say it involved a very yummy bagel (how do you Americans Not eat these things every single day? wow! - luckily there''s only one place I can buy them in my city - dangerous things, lol!)..plus some gourmet icecream, potato chips, and wine (and no exercise, unless you count carrying that shopping home)
9.gif

I''ve read that everyone should give themselves one "off day" each week where they give themselves a break, so I guess this will be my off duty day - tomorrow, back on track, for shiz.

ok, keep well everyone (better than me!)
9.gif
35.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry to the quick drive-by post-just found out that we have to go to D''s dad''s birthday party in 20 minutes! I went to the gym after work today and just did some cardio on the cross trainer and then did situps and some weights. I got provisional exam results today and I passed the one that I was really worried about however I failed one of the others which I thought I had done well in, so I''m going to have to have that one appealed. I''m so sick of college and have spent the afternoon in tears. Just can''t believe that I might have to take a year out because of that result. I''ll try and post later but if not enjoy your friday night everyone!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Super quick here: Did 44 mins on the dreadmill (I was running SERIOUSLY late!) and am now at my office. Spilled some coconut lemongrass Kashi chicken in my lap trying to balance the plastic plate thingie, type, and answer the phone all at the same time.
20.gif
Thank god for my sixteen dollar dress from Costco--NOTHING bad happens to polyester on a permanent basis!

Gotta hop, but be back later!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
TGIF!

BC this morning was our intervals up the hiking trail. KILLER! I''m being super-good with my food intake today as i''m heading to the east coast on a redeye tonite (yuk). I''ll be in DC and Philly most of next week for business, but will first be spending the weekend in Charlottesville, where DH went for grad school. He''s planning to hit all his favorite stomping grounds during out visit, and i''m sure they include food and drink! But no worries, as i packed my running shoes- i plan to be as active as possible during my trip.

I''ve got a gazillion things to do here in the office, so i gotta make this a short post.

Have a FABULOUS weekend, HLTers!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry this is a just a quick post. I have been running around all day. I did buy some new smaller clothes, yay!!! I also bought some shrimp to grill this evening on the bbq with some ingredients to make fresh salsa. This evening will be a walk since I was too busy to make it to my muscle hour. I will come back later and catch up on posts!!! Happy Friday!!!
35.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.....this will be super short. I want to thank everyone for the PS Dust, but I''m afraid what I was hoping for didn''t materialize. Oh well, it''s not the end of the world by any means. I''m healthy. I have a good life. A wonderful partner. Good friends. I live in a place many people would kill to live in. So, instead of crying in my beer, I''m going to focus on all the wonderful and positive things I have in my life.

So again........Thank you all so much for the support and good wishes. Tomorrow is Saturday.......YAYAYAYAY. Charlie''s working during the day, but will be off tomorrow night, so we''re having our Friday sushi night on Saturday night.

I''ll check in again most likely Sunday evening. Have a great weekend everyone..........

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
ROD, huge {{{HUGS}}}}} I am sorry; you are a fabulous person!!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
My Friday night driveby: Went to an end of the year gathering, ate some chips and salsa, had a few glasses fo wine. Came home to a light dinner. Must kidsit at 8am tomorrow. Legs are sore from running, needed to allow recovery. And on I go...

laurenfischer5

Shiny_Rock
Just got off work and I''m soooo tired....So here is a quick summary of my day.....

Ate healthy, walked/ran 1 hour (4 miles) :) :):)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It looks like it’s the night for quick flybys.I got off work, heated my leftovers from last night for supper then began the scary looking task of cleaning out our toy room.What a chore.The last time we did it I had to set down and put things in bags as Marty handed it to me.Tonight I did it all myself.I threw out 4 bags of trash and made room on a small desk to move the photo printer and scanner there for me to use with my laptop.Marty’s new PC is too fast of a processor for them but they still work with my Vaio.

Since I started cleaning I continued to the living room, bathrooms, kitchen and bedrooms.I need Advil.My lower back is aching now but I am sure I will be fine tomorrow.I always like to get my cleaning done on Friday night so I can play the rest of the weekend.

I am meeting my parents for lunch tomorrow and need to brew up frosting for my first cake class this weekend.

I will catch up with everyone tomorrow.

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all
35.gif
- sounds like the HLTers are having a hectic end to the week, this is just a quick pop-in from me, too - I think I am finally hitting the wall this weekend after the craziness of last week''s move - I am BEAT! Still managed to get in a 45 min elliptical workout today so that is good - better than skipping! Tomorrow (Sunday) should be a double - the DH and I are hitting tennis for an hour for the first time, and then I will try to squeeze in my own workout tomorrow afternoon. I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend - everyone has been doing such a great job with their food & workout choices, I look forward to catching up next week!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning everyone! I didn''t sleep a wink last night after the exam results so I was shattered this morning. I did a small workout on the elliptical, then an hour of step and an hour of aerobics. It was a great way to take my mind off things as she screamed at me the whole way through the classes!! I''ll do a better post later-our fridge broke so we have to go buy a new one.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
well, true to my word, I got back on the proverbial (and actual) bike today after my slob day, lol..
I only made it to the gym in time for half hr of cardio (bike + elliptical) before they closed, so instead of going home I rode my bike for ~2miles, than did upper body strength with dumbbells once home.

As far as my tracking on Spark is going - my weekly goal is to burn 990 cals - so far I''m up to almost 1200, and I plan to do some more tomorrow. Nutrition is tracking well too.
I''m starting to think I may actually like this fitness stuff, who would''ve known?! lol..

Tlh - thankyou for the reminder about rest days - you''re right, and I''m new to this, so that kind of advice is well received. I do not want an injury this early in! I am def. making sure I do varied exercise each day, and only do my complete strength circuit every second (or third) day. Thanks hon!

5.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Wellllll, we woke up to snow. YES SNOW! A couple of cms of it--wet and heavy. My chokecherry is in full bloom--covered in whtie flowers and white other stuff.
14.gif
Should I go out for a skate for exercise??

Rod and Bee--thinking of you across the miles. Take care!

MIss Skiopy--yahoo for new smaller clothes! You;ve earned them!

Take care to the rest of you folks!!
35.gif

cheers--Sharon

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey......Like bee*, I didn''t sleep too well last night. I took 3 Simply Sleep (the PM part of Tylenol PM, without the Tylenol) and still couldn''t go to sleep. So, I actuallhy drank a beer to help me shut down. Once I did fall asleep, I slept. I didn''t get out of bed until nearly 10:00 AM this morning. The rest of the day was completely lazy. I just vegged. I''m basically over my disappointment. There''s no use in worrying over something I can''t control to begin with. We weren''t able to have sushi for dinner. Charlie wound up having to stay till closing. So I had a completely unhealthy dinner tonight. It''s exactly what I wanted. I went to Popeyes and had three pieces of Spicy Fried chicken, french fries and a biscuit. I know, not good for me at all, but I needed something like this and I enjoyed every single fat gram. Tomorrow will be routine Sunday, with a nice long workout at the gym in the afternoon.

Thanks for Hug Skippy!!

Bee* I had to go back and read why you didn''t sleep last night. I''m so sorry about the test. I know it doesn''t help at the moment, "but this too shall pass" and everything''s going to be OK. I know it will. Hugs to you from me.

It''s nice to see you Kimberly!

Good for you running/walking 4 miles Lauren!!

WOO HOO for being able to clean the toy room all by yourself Marcy!!

Hi babysteps.....sounds like you''re doing well.

arjunajane, I used to be guilty of not taking rest days between workouts. I really have made significantly more progress with some rest between gym sessions.

Hey Sharon.......SNOW????? Does that happen often in June up there? Thanks for the kind thoughts dear friend........

Have a great Sunday everyone..........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone!

35.gif
I had a busy day. I met my dad for coffee break. Got my packets ready to mail but they didn’t get me the student’s labels yet so will have to go back Monday or Tuesday and get them in the mail. Went to the bank, signed up to win $500 at the golf course tomorrow, bought a loaf of cinnamon chip bread, got the astronomy newsletters ready to mail, met my folks for lunch, went to the mall and got my stuff from Kays and Samuels checked, picked up my stained purse from the dry cleaners and it turned out great, got my course ready and loaded for the summer, watched Bedtime Stories, wrote my thank you notes for my birthday presents and out 80 some emails for door prize requests for our big summer star party. I did 4 batches of laundry too.

I had to laugh last night my cell phone rang about 12:30 a.m. and Marty was laughing and told the guys he was with – see I told you she’d be up.He was heading to the jade market and wanted to know if I like jade.I actually don’t care for it but he said they have pearls everywhere and I told him I’d like a Tin Cup necklace.Yes, I had to explain to him what that looks like.I also told him he could always look for peridot for me.My first request was for a silk shirt or jacket but they all have the hooks / toggles on them and I don’t care for that style.I will always take new bling.

Did any of you see the tornado video from yesterday that Vortex 2 recorded? That was about 50 miles NE of me.Cool video and out in the country where no one got hurt.

Sharon, rats for the pants weather returning.We finally had a fairly nice day.I watered my flowers and was sad to see the rain really trashed them.Snow?At least it melts quickly this time of year.

Tlh, I was thinking of what you said today on my rounds.I paid attention to walkers/joggers/runners to see if they were smiling.Then the funny thing when I was putting my packets together at school I realized I was smiling.I used to have to carry everything to a classroom, set down and put the packets together.Today I just put everything out on the counter and walked up and down the row putting my packets together and completely enjoyed it.I am certainly keeping busy while Marty is gone but I don’t sleep well when he is gone.I hear every noise and tend to stay up late.I do enjoy catching up with my girl friends.Too funny about your husband’s comment on your run.Rats for your shoes starting to bother you during your run but glad you found something to make you laugh so you could carry on.Your husband sounds like mine; I get teased a lot (and of course I dish it out myself).I like to tell Marty “poison” when he asks me what I am cooking for supper.

Arjunajane, yay for taking a day off.I agree you need a day off now and then.I was pretty bad food wise today.I don’t care for bagels much but they are a great way to get to eat some cream cheese.Glad you are starting to like your new lifestyle.

Bee, sorry to hear you failed one of your exams.Good luck with the appeal.I hope you had fun at the bday party.That is too bad your refrigerator broke.

DeeJay, LOL at not being able to hurt polyester.I am always spilling something on myself.We eat our meals on the couch in the front of the TV (sad I know) and I often have to go change my clothes when I am done.

ChargerGirl, have a blast on your trip.

Skippy, congratulations to smaller clothes.

36.gif

Rod, hugs to you my friend.Sorry to hear your plans didn’t work out the way you hoped for but I am glad to hear you are focused on the many wonderful blessings you have in your life.Sorry to hear you didn’t sleep well.I picked up a bottle of Simply Sleep for Marty; I am sure he’ll need some when he gets back from Hong Kong.Glad you had a lazy day; you deserve it.

Kimi, I hope your legs feel better.I was still sore from all my cleaning this morning but I am fine now.

Lauren, sounds like you had a great and healthy day.

Babysteps, Marty has decided the best way to get around there is walking.I hope you had fun playing tennis and get some rest this weekend.

Take care and have a great Sunday!

Marcy

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good Morning. I had a busy but fun day yesterday, and then a bbq last night at the neighbors. I did go for 2 walks; one in the morning and one in the evening. I will probably go walking this evening. I have some stuff to catch up on today so I will be busy, oh well.

TLH, you are my hero with your runs!!!!

KIMI, yay for running!!

MARCY, sounds like Marty got you some beautiful goodies!!

DJ, woo for your intense run!

CHARGER, awesome to the intervals up the hiking trail; that must have been super killer!!!!!!!!!!!

LAUREN, yay for the run/walk, awesome!!!

BABYSTEPS, hugs for hitting a wall but awesome for working out!!!

BEE I hope you slept better tonight! wowzers, you have awesome long workouts; you are fabulous!

AJ great job on the bike ride!

SHARON, thanks! no way SNOW!!! I bet it was pretty but oh no for your flowers and plants. Hope it warms up soon so you can go outdoors for your great workouts!

ROD you poor sweetie pie; I am sorry you didn''t sleep. oh gosh popeyes is so good and I would have gone for the spicy chicken too! hehe You deserve it, hugs. Have a great workout today!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Afternoon everyone! I''m in a bit of a better mood today and I''m kind of doing what Rod is doing-focusing on the positives instead of the negatives. If I fail the exam and have to take a year out, then at least I can earn some money and get some of my work experience done. My wedding is in 11 days so I''m determined that I''m not going to be down about things for that. I got up at 7 this morning and had some breakfast and then went to the gym and I did an hour of step and an hour of spin. My legs are feeling it today as I''ve done quite a bit the last few days. My super dad took me out yesterday and bought D and I a new fridge-I love my daddy (and the fridge!). Manolo can''t open this one so there''ll be no more food going missing cos of him! My parents have invited D and I over tonight along with D''s parents and sister, so there''ll be plenty of wedding talk no doubt. Hope you all enjoy what''s left of the weekend!!

AJ-well done for getting back on the bike today! You definitely need a day off from exercise every now and then.

Thank you canuk! Can''t believe that you have SNOW!!
23.gif
It''s June!! Although it''s quite cold here too at the moment.

Rod-I''m so sorry to here that things didn''t go to plan. Sending lots and lots of hugs. Things do seem a bit better after a nice sleep, don''t they. I was the same yesterday. Glad you treated yourself to a nice dinner. I have to meet my trainer tomorrow for my assessment so I didn''t treat myself, but I will after I meet her tomorrow night. Have already decided to cook Spaghetti with some parmesan cheese and I have a cadburys chocolate yoghurt for dessert-take that exam
3.gif

Thanks Marcy-sounds like you''ll have some nice presents heading your way!

Skippy-I slept better thanks! Yay for bbq''s-I adore them. Enjoy your Sunday! Are you missing Trevor?

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hi All,

My legs have recovered from my run. I kidsat yesterday, and we spent about an hour outside playing, I counted that for my daily activity. Am thinking a walk would be a nice way to start today. We went shopping yesterday, I needed to find a new bathing suit (ugh, the worst kind of shopping ever! It took 4 hours) and then we stopped off at Chili''s for dinner, because it took twice as long as I hoped it would. Had a turkey sandwich and french fries.

Have a great day all.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids! Did 65 mins on the hampster wheel this morning. Now at my office, then doing an open house, and will end the day with a bar-b-q at my friend''s house in the ''burbs. Ack!

Ate a random array of weird stuff yesterday, culminating with a bunch of cookies at the housewarming party of a client. Oh well, anything you eat after midnight doesn''t count, right? (Anybody remember that movie "Gremlins," LOL?!)

OK, one million things to do and less than an hour to do them. Off like a prom dress!!!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone!

Sis and I had our first PT session today. He really pushed us, which is awesome. Hopefully I''ll be sore tomorrow, but so far, it doesn''t feel like it.

Some friends from out of town came in for Alumni weekend so we spent Fri, Sat and Sun afternoon hanging out with them. Some eating out etc.

I have an interview a different one, on Tuesday. I''m hoping it''ll go well. My Thursday interview was kinda weird, got a bit of a shady vibe from the company & manager. I not too interested in working for shady places, so I''m hoping Tuesday interview will go well.

~Lisa

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hello everyone!I didn’t go to bed until 12:30 am.A big thunderstorm woke me at 5:30 but I was able to go back to sleep and slept until about 8.I stripped all the beds in the house and got the blankets and sheets washed.I ran to the mall briefly, made cookies to take to work (and enjoyed a few hot ones) and mixed up frosting for my cake class on Wednesday.

Skippy, glad you had fun at the bbq and also took several lovely walks.

Bee, I am glad you are looking on the positive side and focusing on the good things in your life.How sweet of your dad to buy you a new frig.Have fun at dinner with everyone and making last minute wedding plans.11 more days?Woo hoo!

Kimi, glad to hear your legs are doing better.I would saying playing outside with kids for an hour would count for a workout.I get tired watching little kids running around.

DeeJay, I like your Gremlins theory.Stripe was a kick.Have fun at the open house and BBQ.

Lisa, that is great your trainer pushed you really hard.Good luck with your interview this week.Definitely stay away from someone shady.

Laters.

Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey......It was a nice AND normal Sunday. We had breakfast on the terrace (blueberry scone, coffee and a big bowl of fresh fruit), read the paper and just relaxed. A brief shower cooled things off a lot, so it was pleasant. Pus we go to watch the cruise ship heading out of port, which is always a fun sight. We had lunch at Panera, followed by coffee under the oak. We headed to the gym around 3 PM and I worked out for a full 2 hours. I still didn''t do any cardio or leg work as my leg still hurts, but not as badly as it has. My arms and chest are sore as I worked them for the full 2 hours. We had some steamed shrimp, baked salmon and steamed veggies for dinner. We had a couple pieces of dark chocolate with a cup of coffee for dessert. I''m toying with the idea of popping some popcorn.........
We''re going to meet for sushi tomorrow night after work.

Marcy, I owe you an apology. I''ve been so caught up with things in my life, that I completely didn''t notice last week was your birthday. Please accept a very happy belated birthday from your friend Rod and I hope you had a wonderful celebration. It''s good Marty checked with you to see if wanted Jade before buying you something you really didn''t want, nor could return. I''m sure he''ll bring you something pretty fantastic from Hong Kong. When we were there in 1985, we bought our mother''s triple strands of fresh water pearls AND we also bought a solid rosewood dining room set and had it shopped to us, which was quite an adventure retrieving from the port on this side. Things were so inexpensive then. I''m sure prices are still good, but not like the 80s. Anyway, sorry for missing your birthday dear friend...........

I slept much better last night Skippy. I''m at peace with everything and now I have the future to look forward to! Yummmm to barbeque. I hope you had a fun Sunday.........

Bee*.....I''m glad you''re focusing on all the good you''ve got going on in your life! You have so much to be thanikful for. Wow, 2 hours of working your legs? I''m sure you are feeling it. Yay for a new Fridge!!! I hope you and D had fun this evening with both set''s of parents!

Hey Kimberly and DeeJay!!

Turst your gut lliang. If the interview was odd, chances are it''s not a good place and you''d be wise to avoid getting into a bad situation. Fingers crossed that your interview Tuesday is a winner!!

See you all tomorrow night..........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Our pants weather continues.I told Marty tonight I am so glad he turned on our sprinklers before he left, since it has rained every day since he’s been gone. It’s so cute he keeps calling me.Every time he calls he says he can’t talk long because it is so expensive to call and he’ll call me in a few days then he calls me again.Whoever had that phone number before must have been on the shady side; he is getting all sorts or weird calls and messages.Bill collectors, people wanting their equipment back, people hanging up on him.Nice.It’s a company phone that is an international AT&T account.I am glad it’s not in his name.

Rod, thank you for the birthday wishes.I appreciate you thinking of me.Marty said the prices there are pretty comparable to the U.S.Some things are cheap but a lot of it is not really that different.He did find some watch shops that have prices about 1/3 of the prices you pay for them in the states.Oh oh for the pocket book if he goes back there this year.I am glad you had a nice day today and slept well last night.Watching the cruise ship sail out sounds really fun.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am off to bed 30 minutes early.
35.gif
See you in next week''s thread.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results