shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 1st June till 7th June

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi.

35.gif
Not much going on with me today.I am probably losing one of my employees at work to another department.Back to interviewing and trying to find someone then training, training, training.

I was kind of blue (miss Marty) so I decided to have Culvers for supper.I didn’t go crazy though.I had a single swiss burger plain but threw out one bun.I ate 10 fries and had ½ of a small dish of custard.

It is pretty cold here; in the 40’s so I have on sweats.Isn’t it June?

Marty called me briefly tonight.It is rainy and hot in Hong Kong.He is really tired.He will probably adjust to the different hours about the time he comes home.Thank all of you for commiserating with me on worrying about his safe arrival in Hong Kong.

I watched “He’s Just Not In To You” tonight.It was good.

Tomorrow is my last portion of low fat lasagna.I will have to come up with lunch for Thursday and Friday.It might just be PB sandwiches and baked lays.Easy cooking for lunch.

Arjunajane, glad you had such a great workout.

Babysteps, glad you are feeling better. I am sure you are glad to be moved in to your new place. Thank you for the other recommendations.I will pass them along to him on my PinkBerry.It said it was raining there today.The flight is so long I was pretty nervous.I will be a basket case the day he comes home too.How often do you fly back to the states?

Bee, enjoy the BBQ with your friend tonight.

Sharon, running against the current has got to be a terrific workout.I hope our pants weather is not coming your way.

Tlh, glad you had a great run this morning and found something to focus on while running.

Skippy, your yard will be pretty with yellow flowers.I don’t think I picked up any yellow flowers this year.I went for white, pinks and purples.I hope you enjoy your new Asics.Have fun planning the family vacation.We do have insurance but our initial insurance deductible is $1250 and then it’s 80/20%.At least I won’t have to pay much if I go to the doctor again.I am just glad to know those spots were benign.Marty can do work on the car but I doubt he’d want to do the brakes on our car.Those are important so its money well spent.I am sure Trevor enjoyed the walk.

Tacori, the Oreo cakesters are very good.I noticed we get 3 checks in July so that will help make those two bills less painful.Embracing our imperfections is hard but I have learned to be less critical of myself.I guarantee cashing after cute Tessa is burning off calories.

DeeJay, pizza and donuts can’t be that bad when they taste so good.Glad to hear you are going to protect us in Denver.I will be the first to give up your bling too. Ha Ha.

Danielle, I am trying to go to bed earlier too.I hope we both succeed.Glad to hear you are running and I sure hope your ankle doesn’t bother you when you do.

Lauren, I always eat up half of my food in a restaurant too.It seems to work for me.

Rod, my tons of PS dust is coming your way.That is the drawback to being away from work for a few days, a billion emails are waiting for you.

Have a great Wednesday.
Marcy

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning everyone! I''m up early again for step aerobics. Love this class so can''t wait to do it. BBQ was really good last night-my friend and I were stuffed after it. I love bbq''s! I have my second dress fitting this morning after aerobics and then I''m in work this evening so kept going all day. The weather here is still beautiful so I might try and fit in a walk as well.

tlh-yay for all the exercise! You must be so fit! Your dinner sounds amazing! What do you put in your salad? I''m always looking for inspiration on the salad front.

Skippy-your family holiday sounds like it will be great no matter where you go. Give Trevor a bit pat on the head from me.

Tacori-that''s great that your legs are more shapely! Enjoy zumba.

Dee*Jay-mmmmmm boston creme doughnuts-I adore them!! I did a SD class about 11 years ago and it was really good. I''ve forgotten most of the techniques though.

Danielle-well done for exercising after such a busy day!

lauren-well done for making healthy food choices!!

Rod-Sending mountains more dust! And some more dust for your poor leg!

Marcy-sorry to hear that you''re feeling down without marty. How long is he away for?

Talk to you all later!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Good morning everyone!
well, it''s BLAZING hot in the PNW this week, so motivating to work out is a little harder than expected. however, the gym is actually 10 degrees cooler than outside and my apartment, so i stayed a little longer just to enjoy the cold air! Also, i did not work out on monday becuase i went over to my parents for dinner, and did not get home till 830 (i wake up at 330am every day).
Monday: NSH (not so healthy) - not working out / H (healthy) - small portion for dinner, ate slowly to fill me up.
Tuesday: NSH - Ordering Thai for lunch, cookie for snack and bread+onion dip after workout / H - stair stepper for 25 mins, NOT eating the pad thai that came with lunch, not eating all the curry from lunch (saving for next day!). Avocado slices for dinner since i was not to hungry.

hope you don''t mind me posting my NSH/H choices of the day! its a good way to keep on track!

Bia - great that you love step aerobics! i cannot wait for the Y to open up so i can try out that class.

SKippy - CONGRATS!!! only 1 lb away! amazing! you are an inspiration!

Canuk - hopefully the weather will improve! yay for bike rides!

Lliang - i love dimsum too! And don''t forget, cleaning and moving is a form of exercise too!

thl - congrats for your friend! 10 miles of walking?! you must have walked the whole city! Lots of encouragement here for this coming week - i am with you!

Miscka -
I am glad you are not losing weight so drastically still, but hopefully they figure out what has been ailing you so you get better! And congrats on your elope-ment(sp??)

Charger - Funny you should say that about June, becuase its been doing that here in Seattle too! Boot camp sounds scary..and something i should probably do!

Shiny - thanks for the thumbs up on the quote. its so true! ever since i started working out, i CRAVE white bread. I''m talking, good ol'' WONDERBREAD. and i NEVER EVER EVER EVER buy the stuff. EVER. I have only liked the super wheaty, oaty, nutty breads.

Lauren - what did you eat for breakfast? congrats on the 6 lbs!! and yay for walking for 2 hours!!

Tacori - thanks :) fortunately the weather has been so nice that i have been able to walk (almost) anywhere! How are you enjoying zumba? i heard its a blast!

Arjunajane - i love thai too.
18.gif
. And yay for getting into a healthy lifestyle NOW!

Danielle - sleeping in till 1pm sounds divine! congrats on still running 4 miles though!

Marcyc- I hope Marty enjoys HK! I''m not sure if you like frozen yogurt, but that is my new treat of choice for after dinner. I usually buy regular lowfat/low cal yogurts and stick them in the freezer for later. yum!
18.gif
Also, I am going to the BVI (british virgin islands) in...9 days!!

Babysteps - i am glad you are feeling better!!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
TLH, Sorry you''re up 2lbs, but don''t let that discourage you!!! With all your running and fabulous working out, you''ll shred those 2lbs like they''re nothing! :) I''m glad you had such a good weekend. Hooray to your friends'' engagement!!! That''s fantastic! I think I''m going to try to take a page from your book and do morning runs. Maybe I''ll even take the dog with me. Is it hard to get your butt out of bed in the morning?

Miscka, welcome back!! I''m so sorry you''ve been sick but I''m glad you''re doing better. AWesome you''re on the maintaining stage now. I''m still trying to get there! And my wedding''s only 4 months away. Booo!!!

Charger, Boot camp! Rock on girlie!!

Shiny, Up was good, but like I said not a Pixar best. But We still enjoyed watching it. Awesome that JT is a reader. That''s fantastic. We used to love reading when we were growing up. Now I find that I can''t get any good fiction, so I mostly stick to nonfiction. Chili sounds fantastic. I''ve been toying with making some since it''s dropped down to the 50sF here in Chicago. Who''s ever hear of 50F in JUNE?!?! Well, I guess there''s San Fran that gets to that temp... But still, it doesn''t make it right!

Lauren, Awesome on the elliptical workout and for you long walk!!!

Tacori, I agree with you about it being hard to work out on the weekend, but mostly because I''m lazy and don''t wanna get off my butt. Maybe you can go on an extra long walk with T? Or 30 day shred. It''s a pretty good workout. :)

AJ, glad you could join the thread!! I''m like you, just feel that I can make a healthier lifestyle change and wanna do it. :) Looks like you''ve been hitting the workouts really hard, that''s awesome.

Danielle, Sleep vs 5K. I can''t say I blame you. Awesome you''ve been keeping up with the running. I haven''t gotten back on the horse yet, but you guys are all inspiring me.

Marcy, Awesome Marty made it to HK! I hope he enjoys his stay there. Ouch about the bills. I''m feeling the same way too. I think I''m going to have to quit the chiropractor until I get insurance again.

Babysteps, awesome the move went well, despite being sick etc. Yes, moving does count as a workout but does it count when you have movers? I did pick up a few things but not much. Sister is almost all unpacked now, I went over yesterday and we unpacked all but one box. She needs to organize and hang up stuff now. Yay!

Canuk, I want to start swimming for some workouts too. I just haven''t gotten around to it. I have all these wonderful plans on working out and getting healthy. Unfortunately zero execution.
7.gif

Skip! I love getting new running shoes. I want to get some this weekend. I''ve been slacking on the running because my old shoes are worn out. So hopefully witht his weekend I''ll get back onto the running kick. Your family vacation sounds like a wonderful idea. I want to do one with my parents & family too. My folks were on the verge of divorce over Thanksgiving that just past, but went to counseling etc and are getting much better. So I figured a nice family vacation would be appropriate, but can''t think of one until I get a new job...

Dee, self defense class sounds awesome and totally empowering. :) I went to Shui Wah for dim sum on Saturday. It''s good, the portions are nice but there''s no carts. I still highly suggest it. James was jealous he had to miss dim sum (he had class) so we''re going to go back at sometime. So jealous I''d LOVE to go to Denver but don''t think I will
7.gif

Rod, still dusting you for your big news. I hope we can hear about it soon and that it goes well for you. A quick HR question for you (if you don''t mind): should I tell potential employers/recruiters that my company is shutting down my subsidiary? I''m still getting a salary from them (although now it''s half pay) and doing work, so I feel kinda weird saying I''m unemployed/laid-off, even though I kinda am. Thanks!

Jcarly, I love your NSH/H things too. I think I might pick that up also :)

Monday I did the school thing with James and we didn''t get home until after 10:30pm. So no working out for me. Tuesday I helped my sister unpack, so again no workout for me. But both days I did stay within a reasonable calorie range, 1400+/-, so that was good. Today I''m taking sis to Target because James needs some pictures of me at Target (it''s for his school thing again) so again dunno if I''ll get a workout in.

But sister and James and I will be eating an EARLY dinner for a change! (Last night we at at 9:40PM. Thanks James for my food getting cold.
29.gif
What part of "Dinner will be ready in 20 mins" do you NOT get? And it was stir fry too, so you HAVE to eat it fresh. Sigh!! Stupid boys, no offense Rod) I''m going to make a Moroccan chicken "tangine" (I don''t actually have a tangine cooker) with couscous.

Monday: (NSH) no workout / (H) stayed in a reasonable calorie range
Tuesday: (NSH) no workout / (H) stayed n a reasonable calorie range.

Also if you guys can spare some job dust for me that''d be awesome. I have an interview tomorrow at 3PM.
36.gif

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Wednesday! Thank you all for your nice thoughts after my brutal weekend - HLT is a nice place for a virtual pat on the head when you are not feeling good! So far so good this week, today I squeezed in a half hour run before circuit training with my trainer for an hour - I run as slow as molassas, but if you had told me 6 months ago that I would be able to run nonstop for 1/2 hour - 40 min. I wouldn''t have believed it!

Bee* - girl, you are amazing - 2 tough classes!? You are awesome - if I do Spin, I am FINISHED afterward, forget about another class! You are going to look stunning at your wedding, and how great to start off married life so healthy and fit!
1.gif
Glad the BBQ was yum!

Sharon - too funny
1.gif
I guess Hong Kong would have been a ''no pants'' day for me! Your current running has got to be a killer workout, that is so great!

tlh - wow, 2 a days have got to be brutal, yay for you for planning out your meals and snacks, you have got to have fuel for all that exercise!!

Skippy - I love new exercise gear - shoes, pants, accessories, you name it! - especially when it comes in the mail, it feels like Christmas
9.gif
and it always motivates me to go work out! It is hard to be in charge of planning a group vacation - so many places to choose from - we sent my folks to the Grove Park Inn in Asheville for an anniversary trip - they loved it! Have fun researching
1.gif

Tacori - I think it is AWESOME that so are so close to both your pre-pregnancy weight and your wedding weight (which is always super low so being w/in 10 lbs of that is fab!) You should be so proud of where you are, especially with a little toddler who needs so much from you at this point - and what a great role model for Tessa, she will grow up and see you fit and healthy, trying new things at the gym, etc. - I think it is wonderful for daughters to see their Moms as healthy and athletic!

Dee*Jay - I have never taken a self-defense class, now I want to!!

Danielle - yay for getting your run in when you were tired; good idea to rest the ankle in between runs and let things heal, there is no point to pushing an injury - more sleep is always good, but I know what you mean about staying up- some nights it is hard to make myself go to bed!

Lauren - yay for exercise and half portions, I think that is SUCH a great idea - you get an extra meal plus once it''s boxed away you aren''t tempted to continue eating past when you are full!

Rod - good luck sorting thru all the emails and backlog - hope the chiro appt. goes well and continued dust blowing your way!

Marcy - BOO for bad weather while Marty is here, today was rotten!
15.gif
How long is he staying? Friday is supposed to be a stunner of a day, hopefully he will get to sightsee a bit later in the week. The humidity is so incredible today that with the A/C on in the apt. it completely fogged down the window outside - it should break soon. The jet lag is soul crushing those first 48 hours, I hope he feels better soon - the first day is the worst, you just feel hungover you''re so tired! We fly back once or twice a year - it is rugged with the kids, it takes their body clocks a while since it''s harder for them to force themselves back to sleep.

jcarlylew - Wow, what do you do for a living to have to get up so early - that is IMPRESSIVE - if I had to get up at 3:30 am I''d have to just stay up all night
9.gif
you are too funny about the white bread - I never eat it either, but when I have been sick I crave - yes, peanut butter on white bread - gooey, stick to the roof of your mouth, bad for you white bread! Yay for the BVI vacation, that sounds so fun
1.gif

Lliang - yes, it still counts even if you have movers!
1.gif
we had movers too - but it still all that walking, bending, reaching, lower cabinet sorting, closet shelf stretching - it''s work! Moroccan sounds delicious - hope you get to have your meal hot tonight! good for you for staying in your calorie range, it is so easy to eat comfort food when you are so busy and stressed and you are doing great! Good luck at the interview tomorrow
1.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
hey all!
thankyou everyone for all the great support I have received as a "newbie" here from the regulars,
the encouragement is much appreciated
1.gif

Couldn''t make it to the gym today, so did a mini-strength workout at home instead.
completed ~ 50 crunches, 30 push ups (modified - not strong enough yet for more than 3 or 4
of the "proper ones").
And dug out Fi''s hand weights to work my arms - did 3 sets of 15 reps of bicep and tricep exercises
1.gif

I have started back on Lite N Easy meals for my dinners ( a calorie controlled food program
that gets home delivered). They average about 350 cals per dinner, and are really healthy and yummy,
so that should help on the food side..I feel kinda bad not cooking and eating together with Fi, but he understands...plus I usually take 2-3 nights off a week to eat "proper" dinners together.

Now if I could just get my sweet tooth under control, lol..I''m a monster for icecream
20.gif

Hope everyone had a good wednesday and keep up all the great work!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Skippy, thanks for your kind words. Your plans sound awesome. I vote beach, simply because you can make a great workout out of it. Seriously running in the sand now that is a BURN!
11.gif
I''m glad you walked your poochie. I''m sure he really enjoyed the workout!

Tacori- I love that you found something you enjoy. I think it will make you stick to it. Now the sculpting of the legs has me intrigued. I may have to check out a zumba class at my gym. The fun part is even if you can''t go to the gym for a workout, maybe you can make your little T a part of your workout? How old is she? Is she old enough to do the wiggles? Cuz I''m sure she''d love to dance and sing w/ mommy! As long as you are having fun, she''ll have fun w/ you... as a mommy, you''re her hero!

Dee*JAy- Your post had me smiling. I love your attitude and your enthusiasm and sense of empowerment. That is AWESOME! Don''t beat yourself up too much on the indulgences... but keep track. I always keep a rolling tally of 3,500. I add and subtract my daily meals and I either finish the day in the (-) or in the (+) and when I get to -3500, I''m down a pound, and I''ll wait for the scale to adjust. So yesterday may have been a (+).. the question is, what is TODAY going to be?

Danielle - great job on the tempo run! Remember there should be a warm up and cool down run at beginning and end, and the middle is pretty close to race pace. I HATE THOSE RUNS! But I am SUPER DUPER IMPRESSED that you pushed through it!

Lauren- I am happy to read that you aren''t letting the diet affect your life in a restrictive way. It is good that you can go out w/ your friends and enjoy a nice healthy meal AND take some home! WHOOP WHOOP! Great job on your exercise too. Walk/running is one of the best things you can do to start out because it preps your joints and connective tissue, and EASES you into running. PLUS, by making your HR spike and recover, and spike and recover, you get the interval effect which makes you burn calories for longer.

ROD_ MOUNDS AND MOUND OF DUST!

Marcy- Sorry you are loney, but thanks for rec. the movie... I just might have to make the DH watch it with me!
9.gif

bee*- your enthusiasm for your classes is really quite impressive. I love your ZEST for it! You are gonna be one super sexy bride! My salad was good. I like to mix up what I put on them since I eat salads so often, that I enjoy mixing up my form of protien... and the different veggies on it. I''m kind of weird. I have a color rule. I like for whatever I eat every meal to be of different colors. So I''ll have HB eggs, a seed, or a meat on my salad for my protien, I also use different bell peppers mushrooms, different types of lettuce and greens, tomato, carrot, etc. But I like to have 3-5 different colors on my plate at all times. It is my weird way of getting different vitamins and minerals in my diet... and I basically do it with everything. It is my weird way of stopping myself from ONLY eating the mashed potatos and other carb heavy dishes.
18.gif

jcarly- greatjob getting a workout in, and staying for longer than planned... I like that your excuse had you there LONGER! That is awesome. props to you!!!

lliang_chi- Thanks for your kind words. I''m not really discouraged, I just hate carrying a reminder of the good times I''ve had along with me... esp when it gets to a point that I had too many good times, I cannot even remember them all, til I just get referred to as jolly, with kids sitting on my lap telling me their Christmas wishes...
6.gif
just kidding. I love my morning runs. It really isn''t hard for me to get out of bed, but I have to remember to go to bed. I''m pretty regimented in my fuddy duddy-ness... and go to bed at 8:45! GASP! But I do wake up at 4:45-5:15 in the morning (it gets earlier as summer progresses due to the heat). It is just part of my routine. You ask if it is hard... no not really, but it IS hard when the DH decides to sleep in.. that is when it is tempting to just turn on the 2nd alarm. The only thing is, when I dont get my morning run in.. I feel in a funk. Just like if I didn''t get a wake up shower, or didn''t drink my coffee... for those that have other morning rituals. Of course in the winter time, when it is too dark to run, I''ll sleep in, and run after work, and then it becomes my destresser... I just change my attitude depending on the season. 2% of life is what happens to you... 98% is your perception. Plus I think your poochie would like it, I take my poochie on my 50% runs. (The weekly run that is half the distance of your long run- which is run at a slow pace.) The little guy LOVES it. Sometimes I''ll add little runs on in the winter just to get him out and play. I dont count those miles in my training.. they''re junk - but it is so fun to play with my little furball.

Babygirl - that is amazing that you are able to run nonstop. There are runner''s out there who may run FASTER than you do, but can''t do that. So don''t worry what everyone else is doing, and minimize your accomplishments, I am impressed and think that is fabulous!

arjunajane - I''m impressed you squeezed a workout in and didn''t use not going to the gym as an excuse. That is fabulous. Often times you''ll be surprised at how the best workouts, just use your own body- and not weights.

Everyone else, Happy Weds!

Today I got out of bed, the Dh slept in... and because he worked so hard on his bike ride last night, I didn''t bang around the drawers and stuff like I usually do (I''m a snot). I had an interesting run this AM. It felt great, a newbie was out running, and I hope to see him out again. I usually see the same 6-7 people on the runs, so it is nice to have someone new join the roads with us. Everytime I see a new runner I wonder what their motivation is... and it gives me a lot to think about as I run... is it weight loss, a physical condition such as high cholesterol, a race, a time goal, merely an obsession? I can always spot the runners or walkers who are out there just because they want to be... they like it.. it is fun. Those runners may not even have a watch on... may not have earphone on... and usually are smiling. Those runners/walkers will do so into their golden years, and it is a thrill to see and be apart of. I always hope with every new face, that they will find a love in the activity, in their BODY, for more than just the immediate. Because for me, running is a connection to myself. I am so in tune with my body and I am happy when I am using it for something greater- when I do, I feel bliss.

"If you want to be happy, be." Leo Tolstoy

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Bleh, just lost a long post.

Just went for a run for the first time in a while; it was hard work, but felt great. Still up a few blasted pounds, but not stressing about it. Food is the same. It''s famine time regrading work, my assignment ended and no teachers are off as it''s the end of the year, so I''ve been home 2/3 days this week.

Great opener as always, Lorelei. We''re going out to eat tonight, and I''m going to indulge, and then go back to normal tomorrow.

Skip, how awesome you are! CONGRATULATIONS!

Marc, sorry about the car and such. Hope Marty enjoys his trip.

TLH, sounds like it was a great weekend of celebration, you''ll get back on track.

Rod, I hope everything is okay.

Lliang, perhaps I missed it, how''s the job search going?

Everyone else, have a great day.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pilates is the plan tonight. I weighed myself before and after Zumba last night (curious how much I sweat and stuff) and there was a two pound difference.

Dee, SD class is a good idea. We should all take one. Have fun in Denver. BTW T was kissing the lion you gave her. I''ll have to take a picture of her with it for you. It was so cute.

Danielle, good for you for pushing yourself even when you were tired.

Lauren, queso is the BEST
18.gif

Rod, hope everything is okay! Lots of dust from me!

marcy, yay for the extra check! Running after T *IS* a workout. She is so fast! I think embracing both our outer and inner imperfections is one of the most difficult thing in life.

bee, yay for a yummy BBQ.

jcarly, zumba is a lot of fun! I felt like an idiot at first....sometimes I still do b/c I am not a dancer. But it is a good workout and the hour goes by fast. You should try it!

lliang, I am lazy too! I am going to try to work on fitting in another workout. That''s my goal for June!

babysteps, you are SO sweet! That really meant a lot. Thank you. That is awesome you can run for 30 mins! Good for you.

arjuna, do you like the food delivery system?

tlh, you should try Zumba. You will get dancer''s legs.
2.gif
Tessa DOES love to dance. We do have dance parties sometimes which she finds SOOO funny and entertaining.

laurenfischer5

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/3/2009 7:56:57 AM
Author: jcarlylew
Good morning everyone!
well, it''s BLAZING hot in the PNW this week, so motivating to work out is a little harder than expected. however, the gym is actually 10 degrees cooler than outside and my apartment, so i stayed a little longer just to enjoy the cold air! Also, i did not work out on monday becuase i went over to my parents for dinner, and did not get home till 830 (i wake up at 330am every day).
Monday: NSH (not so healthy) - not working out / H (healthy) - small portion for dinner, ate slowly to fill me up.
Tuesday: NSH - Ordering Thai for lunch, cookie for snack and bread+onion dip after workout / H - stair stepper for 25 mins, NOT eating the pad thai that came with lunch, not eating all the curry from lunch (saving for next day!). Avocado slices for dinner since i was not to hungry.

hope you don''t mind me posting my NSH/H choices of the day! its a good way to keep on track!

Bia - great that you love step aerobics! i cannot wait for the Y to open up so i can try out that class.

SKippy - CONGRATS!!! only 1 lb away! amazing! you are an inspiration!

Canuk - hopefully the weather will improve! yay for bike rides!

Lliang - i love dimsum too! And don''t forget, cleaning and moving is a form of exercise too!

thl - congrats for your friend! 10 miles of walking?! you must have walked the whole city! Lots of encouragement here for this coming week - i am with you!

Miscka -
I am glad you are not losing weight so drastically still, but hopefully they figure out what has been ailing you so you get better! And congrats on your elope-ment(sp??)

Charger - Funny you should say that about June, becuase its been doing that here in Seattle too! Boot camp sounds scary..and something i should probably do!

Shiny - thanks for the thumbs up on the quote. its so true! ever since i started working out, i CRAVE white bread. I''m talking, good ol'' WONDERBREAD. and i NEVER EVER EVER EVER buy the stuff. EVER. I have only liked the super wheaty, oaty, nutty breads.

Lauren - what did you eat for breakfast? congrats on the 6 lbs!! and yay for walking for 2 hours!!

Tacori - thanks :) fortunately the weather has been so nice that i have been able to walk (almost) anywhere! How are you enjoying zumba? i heard its a blast!

Arjunajane - i love thai too.
18.gif
. And yay for getting into a healthy lifestyle NOW!

Danielle - sleeping in till 1pm sounds divine! congrats on still running 4 miles though!

Marcyc- I hope Marty enjoys HK! I''m not sure if you like frozen yogurt, but that is my new treat of choice for after dinner. I usually buy regular lowfat/low cal yogurts and stick them in the freezer for later. yum!
18.gif
Also, I am going to the BVI (british virgin islands) in...9 days!!

Babysteps - i am glad you are feeling better!!
I actually slept in kind of late, so by the time I got up and going it was time for lunch. But I normally eat a bowl of Kashi Cinnamon Harvest cereal for breakfast. It''s so yummy!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey......I feel so behind this week. Work was long and tough. Then I had a loooong chiropractor appointment and didn''t get home till after 7:30 PM. At least we had a nice dinner of baked chicken and steamed veggies. We slipped out for a quick cup of coffee and I''ve been doing work trying to catch up ever since. I''m going to the gym tomorrow night after work. I''m sorry for not being able to respond to you all (there are so many posts lately), but time isn''t on my side these days. Please take this "Cyber-High-Five" to you all for working so hard on being the healthiest you can be. You''re all heroes!!

Linag.....absolutely tell prospective employers the truth about your subsidiaary being shut down. It''s always the best policy and can never come back haunt or bite you. Don''t hesistate to let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks again for all the dust. I hope to be able to tell you why (if I have good news) sometime soon.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Friends, I walked Trevor for an hour today.
emdog.gif
9.gif
Hubby and I had a big salad and avocado, sprouts and tomato sandwich on whole grain bread for dinner; I am going to cut up some fresh strawberries for dessert.
3.gif

Hope everyone has a great evening!!!
35.gif

TACORI ~ I saw some pics of you and you look fabulous woman!!!! I sincerely mean that too! Yay for a wonderful night at zumba! Sounds like a great workout for sure!!! I would love to meet you but we might go to St. Augustine, FL instead? who knows. haha but if we do got to NC I will let you know for sure!!!

DEEJAY ~ wooo hooo for a great SD class; I can hear you roar too. hehe Pizza is my weakness; I love it! In fact I have dreams of the Chicago deep dish everyone once in awhile; pure buttery goodness! I love thin crust but a nice thick crust once a year would be pure heaven!
3.gif

DANIELLE ~ wooohoo for your 5 k run!!! you are awesome! What is tempo feel? sorry, if someone posted about it I will go look. hope the ankle feels better soon.

LAUREN ~ mmm, you meal sounds good and good job boxing 1/2 of it!

ROD ~ sorry about the leg; hope it gets better soon! sending truck loads of PS DUST your way Friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DUST DUST DUST DUST

MARCY ~ we don't have a Culvers, your burger sounds good! Wow, that is COLD!!! I hope you get an new employee soon! When does Marty get back; I am sorry you were missing him. I hope he gets back soon; poor guy. Flying overseas always takes me 3 days to get over jetlag. I bet he is eating delicious food out there!!!!

BEE ~ wooo hooo for Step; step is my absolute favorite class. YUM to the bbq:D Yay for beautiful weather! aw, I will give Trevor a pat for sure; he loves that, do the same for me for Amber! hehe

JCARLY ~ Oh I love avocado, yum!!! thank you! aw, you are so sweet; you will be here too before you know it! Have your tried the Fiber One Chocolate chip bars, they are 2 WW points since you said you are WW. hehe Stay cool! Yay for the gym

LISA ~ I have been slacking on the jogging too. hehe I need to do it again soon! Oh I am glad your parents are doing better, that is good news!!! Mmm Moraccan chicken sounds good!!!

BABYSTEPS~ Yay for a half hour run; I bet you are faster than me! Awesome girl!!!!! New exercise gear is fun for sure! Oh I have been to the Grove Park; I think we might go to St. Augustine, Florida instead though. I loved the Biltmore; we went at Christmas and it was so beautiful! How fun that you went for your anniversary trip; super romantic!!! I loved Asheville; it is so beautiful out there!

AJ ~ kudos on the muscle workout and eating healthy!!! I love ice cream too!

TLH ~ I vote beach too! hehe Oh gosh, walking on the beach is KILLER; I can't imagine running but I could see you doing it since you are in fab shape! hehe Aw that is great to see a newbie out; what a fun thought to ponder while running. You sound so happy go lucky, kudos!

KIMI, Yay for running; you are awesome lady!!!! Aw, thanks; I am excited to be so close! sorry about work, hope something comes up soon!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2009 2:40:05 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Pilates is the plan tonight. I weighed myself before and after Zumba last night (curious how much I sweat and stuff) and there was a two pound difference.

arjuna, do you like the food delivery system?

Hey Tacori,
actually I Really like it! When I was working full time, I used to get the lunches and dinners - but now I''m studying I''m just doing the dinners. They are all fresh cooked and than just frozen, and they honestly
come out tasting just like regular food - most of them are really yummy.
Some of my faves are the braised lamb shanks, lasagna, thai green curry, roast turkey etc.

They''re all portioned controlled and come with the right balance of proteins, carbs and fats - and always have lots of veggies in them. I find they are really reasonable servings - I usually end up giving about a third to Fi as I can''t finish it.
Plus I must admit I''m a lil lazy when it comes to cooking - so this stops me from grabbing pizza when I can''t be bothered to cook
2.gif

When I last did it I lost about 4 kilos in 2months, and that was when I wasn''t doing any exercise - so I''m hoping it will work better now.
5.gif

So you like Zumba huh? I don''t think anyone does classes here yet, but I''ve seen the ads for the DVD''s and the maraca thingies - I must admit Fi and I thought they were a lil funny..
3.gif

But I''m glad you like it, and who doesn''t want dancers legs?!

I was considering doing "body jam" this week, which is kinda the same, but more hip hop based moves instead of salsa. Were you nervous about looking silly at first without a dancing background? I am!
40.gif

laurenfischer5

Shiny_Rock
Here is a quick summary of my day:

Kashi Meal Bar for breakfast, chicken teriaki lean cuisine and side of zucchini for lunch, "Cook yourself thin" Risotto recipe for dinner
18.gif
...and a banana for snack :)

Exercise : 45 minutes on elliptical - 25 minutes of walk/run

I am surprised at my energy level lately..I hope it stays like this!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
hi all! no big update from me.
NSH - Did not work out at all yesterday. i crawled into bed at 8 PM (but still didnt fall asleep until 945
15.gif
)!
H - Ate within my points!

Today i am hoping to get back on track with working out! only 1 more week till i have to wear a swimsuit for 2 weeks! BLAH!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning!
35.gif

I went out with a GF last night and chatted a lot, ate a little and had one drink. Plan on going out with another GF tonight for more of the same so I will check in later today or tomorrow. I glanced over your posts but will go over them then and respond to all.

Hope all is well with everyone. Take care.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
had another good night at the gym - was there for over an hour and half!
I did all the strength + more,
and 40 mins varied cardio.
Ate well within my ranges, but probably not once I add on the couple wines I've had..
40.gif

Seeing as this was 4 weeks, I wanted to have my weight, measurements etc done to compare to when I started.
But the gym couldn't find my original chart anywhere
29.gif

So all I know is that I lost 1kg so far...which I was kinda disappointed with
7.gif
- oh well..

I know my body has changed as my clothes are all fitting differently already - they took all my measurements, body fat % etc again, but I have no idea what they were before, so I can't compare.

I am aiming to do some sort of exercise every day this week, either cardio or strength - so far so good,
this will be the first time I've done so in my adult life
6.gif

lauren - sounds like you had a very healthy day, good job!

jcarly - you'll be back. Pls tell me as I'm out of the loop - are you going on holidays (the swimsuit?).

Hi marcy - sounds like you are having fun evenings
35.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Back from a 3.5 mile Run and 1 mile walk to warm up.
3.gif
9.gif
I set my alarm for 6:30 am and didn't want to get up but I did. Gosh I haven't jogged for awhile so my lunges felt heavy; I need to go again this weekend!!! Tomorrow is muscle hour/core revolution. Now I need to go take Trevor on a short walk.
1.gif

I have reading to catch up on this afternoon. Hope Everyone has a great day
emhot.gif

LAUREN ~ woo on the elliptical and walk run!!! Yay for more energy!

JCARLY ~ I am sorry you did not sleep well. Yay for your trip coming up!!!

MARCY ~ glad you had a great night out with your friend; when my hubby goes out of town I also make sure to have plans with my friends. hehe

AJ ~ awesome to going to the gym!!!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Hi all! I haven''t forgotten about you and I haven''t given up, I''ve just been unable to do more than throw out quick responses here and there lately.

The husband has joined WW with me! We''re focusing on the filling foods technique, because he''s not much of a counter.
1.gif

I hope all is well! I''ll try to catch up later!
35.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
kimberly- great job getting out running!
Tacori - you have me thinking about joining a class, I love your enthusiasm!!! I also love that little Tessa loves to dance w/ her mommy!
9.gif

Rod- food is half the battle, and actually 80% of all weight loss. So your healthy eating is definately making a difference, don''t worry, you''ll body will catch up in no time.
skippy- you are a powerhouse! I love your diet and exercise routine! You have definately made it a lifestyle, and that is where long term success lies! Congrats on all your successes! Your running is amazing! I love your energy and stamina!

arjunajane- I think everyone longs for dancer''s legs! I''m glad you''er looking for something you''d enjoy doing! Great job with all your working out. I like your plan to vary up your exercise routine- but I wanted to just advise the body does need sometime to recover. I''m not putting down your goal of wanting to workout every day, but do vary your intensity levels, so as to allow your muscles to regenerate, and heal themselves. The connective tissues in the body are the easiest to injure, and hardest to train (tendons and ligaments).. these injuries are frequent when one goes from resting all the time to a lot of activity. They also take awhile to heal... so I just wanted to throw that out there and make sure you aren''t overdoing it too soon. I wish you the best!
lauren- great job on your diet and exercise - WHOO HOO!!! I notice my body responds by what I put into it. It responds like crud when I eat too much sugar, carbs, alcohol etc. I think that is where the phrase you will run today what you ate yesterday always comes into play, because it is SOOO true. There is no, I''ll put it off til tomorrow... because if I don''t want to run w/ lead boots, I''d better put some good fuel in me. I''m glad you''ve found that energy! I find it really stays with me when I''m doing great things for my bod.
jcarly-swimwear is always a short term motivator for me. But sometimes I need to think even more in the immediate. Like... sure I want this cookie, but an hour after I eat this, I will crash hardcore and feel worse than I did when eating it... so I play the pleasure game. What will give me the most pleasure... eating this cookie - pleasure 2 minutes? and then feeling like crud and needing a nap for 45 mins? and often times, that will get me to say no to the cookie. Then what I''ll do if I still want that cookie... is chug water... not just a little water either.. like almost a liter of water... and then if I still want the cookie I''ll eat it. I find most of the time I am craving something.. I am really only thirsty. Plus because I use the restroom so often, it cleans out all the toxins in my body. YEAH WATER! You''ll get back on track and rock that swimsuit! Have fun!!!

marcy - I''m glad you had fun w/ your GF! Sounds like a very fun evening!
Gecko- I love that your DH signed up w/ WW with you. It is always fantastic when you not only have the love and support of a loved one, but their understanding as they go through it WITH you. It really makes things like diets, more like a lifestyle choice, than one person restricted, and seemingly the other though not trying to, is throwing temptation in your face. I think that is wonderful and I wish you both success!

Everyone else have a Terriffic Thursday!
35.gif

This morning''s run was awesome, but lonely.. where were all my other runner''s? It was like a movie where the roads are all dead and no one is out there... a strange calm this morning. My DH got up before me as he had to run 60 minutes for training, and I only like to run for 30 in the AM. Enough to wake me up, and get me all perky. Plus my summer goals are different than my winter goals when I am actually in training. Summer I like to work mostly on my short game... which works since the heat is unbearable. It was interesting, because after the marathon, my DH took more time off than I did to rest. (He did a tri 2 weeks after the race and was worn out.) So he took 2 weeks off after the tri to heal up and recover from both races. I dropped my mileage and chugged along. The rule is it takes 10 training miles for every race mile run to recover from the race. So in 190 more miles.. I''ll be back to normal. DH is a little behind me on that... so he is still in the sluggish weeks afterwards. The funny part was he was complaining that I am running faster than he is... he still doesn''t get the rule of 10... silly beast. But I guess I''ve been running for so long it is just second nature to me. So it gave me something to laugh about while I was running "slow" this morning... because when I came back and compared notes, I totally kicked his booty!
16.gif
Yeah I enjoyed it... and will too... those sluggish miles quickly disappear the further into the "10" you go... and then he''ll be back to kicking my booty. But at least he still runs with me. That is always nice. He keeps my pace when training for the runs - as that is my thing... and he gets to do his tri''s at his pace... but now he''s like I have to swim with him - since he would run with me... so I guess it is fair. Marriage is about compromise right? That and I actually enjoy swimming... just not the smell of my skin and the damage to my hair afterwards...

"You must motivate yourself EVERYDAY!" Matthew Stasior

"In every one of us there are two ruling and directing principles, whose guidance we follow wherever they may lead; the one being an innate desire of pleasure; the other, an acquired judgment which aspires after excellence." Socrates

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Evening everyone! I got up early this morning and did a two hour work out at the gym and then I went shopping with a friend for the day. I''m sitting on the couch now and can barely keep my eyes open! Had a delicious chicken salad while I was out. Hope you all had a good day!

jcarly-you''ll have to try step-it really is great fun.

lliang-lots of dust!

babysteps-thank you! Well done on being able to run for that long! That''s brilliant-I''m so bad at running!

AJ-that''s so handy that the dinners are hand delivered! I''d love something like that over here. That''s a pity that the gym lost your chart.

tlh-I love how passionate you are about running! Thanks for the tips on the salad!

Tacori-hope pilates went well. That''s a great loss with zumba!

Rod-I hope that you hear good news soon!

Skippy-gave Amber the pet from you-she sends licks back to her boyfriend as well
3.gif
. Your dinner sounds delicious! The bbq was really good the other night.Well done for getting up so early and running! I don''t know how you did it!

lauren-that''s brilliant that your energy level is so high!

marcy-hope you enjoy the night with your gf!

Hi to everyone else! Talk to you all tomorrow!

laurenfischer5

Shiny_Rock
Good Afternoon!!

I'm a little slower and a little more tired today than yesterday. This normally happens every once in a while when I start exercising. (Sometimes it's a breeze to walk 45 minutes on the elliptical and other times it's hard to just do 10 minutes) So today I've decided to shoot for a good 30 to 45 minute walk. Maybe if I get warmed up I'll feel like running a little, but I'm not going to push myself...

Jcarlylew - Good luck working out today!

MarcyC - I love GF time! Have fun tonight!

Arjunajane - Good Job! You are on the right track
36.gif

Skippy123 - Wow! 3.5 mile run! Good Job!
36.gif

Geckodani - That's so wonderful that your husband joined WW with you!

Tlh - Thanks for the advice. It's true. Normally when I start eating healthy, I feel like excercising and then the more I excercise, the more I crave healthy food. (Unfortunately the same thing happens with eating bad and not exercising)

Bee* - Congrats on the long exercise! And I always love a good shopping trip
31.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
So tired! I should have taken a nap with T but ran errands instead (DH was home with her). We have my cardio dance class tonight. That is always a tough one. Pilates was good. My lower belly and arms are sore today. I am guessing I will feel worse tomorrow. I bought some designer jeans and am doubting the size. I feel like that make it so complicated. Why not figure out a jean that DOESN''T stretch out and save us all the worry. For the price I want to make sure I get the perfect size.

Skippy, what pictures? Must have been old. Haha. Well let me know if your plans change. Sorry you have to give up your sister''s dog. Maybe it is time to get one of your own?!?
27.gif
I love avocado too!

arjuna, I think portion control is my downfall. I also think I lose weight by dieting vs. working out. So even though I have worked out 4-5 hours a week since Feb...I have only lost a few lbs. Sucks b/c I hate to diet! I was VERY nervous about doing a dance class b/c I am NOT a dancer. It took awhile to get over feeling nervous but I realized everyone is so busy keeping up no one is paying attention to me. And if they are screw em. I just do the best I can. I don''t pretend to be an expert and there is a division between the *dancers* and those who do it for *exercise*. I really like it though. Much better than a treadmill. Plus there is SO much movement, little downtime, so I feel like it keeps your body guessing. I have heard the DVDs are not good but have never tried them.

lauren, glad it was good! Be sure to post your review in the "cook yourself thin" thread!

tlh, I am pretty pathetic in the workout department so if I can do it anyone can! In fact there used to be a lady who took the class with me that was in her 70s. I always was proud of her b/c even though she did the moves slower/smaller, it was awesome she is still so active! Sometimes I show T my Zumba moves which she LURVES! She tries to copy them.

bee, pilates was good but I do find it boring. I am sticking with it though.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Happy Thursday- only one more day of work and then it''s the weekend!

So I finally weighed in today, and I''m at the exact same weight as before I left on vacation- HURRAY!!! I''m super-stoked as i expecting to be back in the 150''s. Guys, I ATE like there was no tomorrow on our vacation. But i guess that all our sightseeing/walking helped counteract some of those calories. i may have lost a pound or so in the 10 days we''ve been back, especially since i''ve been going to bootcamp since Monday. Whatever- i''m just stoked!

This puts me within 5 pounds of my "happy" goal weight, and 8 pounds from my "super-happy" goal weight. My 20th High School reunion is in late July, so that''s the target date i''m shooting for- I''m a slooow loser!

Lauren- PLEASE share the risotto recipe- i''m always on the lookout for lowcal ones!
Skippy- yahoo for the run! My lungs used to get heavy when i first started running- it''s still kinda around, but MUCH less
tlh- I luv reading your runners posts- they give so much insight to this newbie runner!
bee- How was your dress fitting?
tacori- yeah, you''ll probably feel a bit more sore tomorrow. I''m now getting over my soreness from Monday''s BC- we did lots of lunges and pushups
arjunajane- did the gym find your stats?
marcy- you''ve been a busy social bee
Rod- Cyber-High-Five right back atcha!
lliang- hope the interview went well
jcarly- are you off on vacation in a week? sounds like you''re headed somewhere tropical!

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
I am so behind this week! I have been busy planning my hubby''s b-day party for this weekend and have been quite busy at work. I''m sorry I don''t have time to address everyone personally.

I had my rest day yesterday which was good - my class actually ended early so I even got a little bonus time at home.

Today I had to go to the gym to run as it is raining here. I did 3.1 miles in 36:32. It felt like torture the entire time. People say it''s easier to run on a treadmill but I find it soooooooooo hard. It''s not boring to me, but I seriously can''t keep up with that moving belt! Anyway, glad I got my miles in and am looking forward to a 4 mile run in the park on Saturday before we head out to the party for eating/drinking (gotta live right??)

I have been skimming and everyone is doing great this week - yayyy!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Just a fly-by, I have to get to a graduation party pretty quick!

Finally it got higher than the 60''s again, so we went back down to the creek yesterday (with 2 neighbor kids in tow! They''ve come up with a rotation so they all get to go!). I also got a chance to hike for about an hour today. I went without DH or JT. I felt bad at first, but it was soo relaxing and I could really enjoy the scenery and not limit myself of where I could go. I tried a new yoga, it sucked. I don''t know why anyone doing YOGA would want to be YELLED at!!

JT was soo funny at the library. Our last library was approx 1/8 of the size of our library here. When we walked in he looked at me with the biggest grin and just said "wow." It was so cute, the librarian rushed over to talk to him and show him around.

I''ve been monitoring my blood sugar for a few months now and I''ve had some really weird results. I started keeping track because I began getting very light-headed and dizzy and nauseous. I had some mornings that it was as low as 35. I started eating fruit right before bed and it usually helps my morning count. Then, a couple days ago my fasting blood sugar was 135! The following day it was 118. I have no idea what is going on. I keep getting half sick. I have a diabetic friend and she says my sugar may be getting so low that my body starts processing stores and that''s why I ended up with an elevated number--basically like it wasn''t really a fasting number. Any one with any guesses??

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
So my babysitter (who hasn''t seen me in 3-4 weeks) told me how great and tiny (yes she used the word tiny) I looked.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
9.gif
She is my new best friend. Class was good...hard as usual. Then we did 5 mins of arms after (just a little itty bitty bonus). I am really angry with child watch b/c when I picked up T there was another little girl with a DRIPPING nose (like stuff was hitting the floor
14.gif
). How is that okay?!? They are suppose to turn sick kids away and this girl CLEARLY had issues. I am going to write a complaint.

Charger, that is awesome you are so close to your "happy weight!" I am proud of you!

Danielle, that''s right you gotta live. Have fun!

SS, I do not know anything about blood sugar. Hope you figure it out.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey......It''s now 11 PM and it was another ''uber'' long day. I got to work before 8 and didn''t leave till after 6. Then I went directly to the gym. I worked out really hard. Still can''t do cardio with my leg, but my leg didn''t hurt as badly today. I have a chiropractor appointment tomorrow after work. Dinner tonight was a small salad and some leftover baked chicken.

I am sorry to not have the time to say to you all inidividually. Thanks for keeping the dust flowing. Still no resolution. I''ll do my best to check in tomorrow night.

Sleep well everyone..........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone!I met a friend for supper tonight and had fun catching up with her.I had a margarita, ½ of a small steak, ½ of a dish of mash potatoes plain, salad and we split a piece of apple pie.I came home, paid bills and will exercise once I post here.I am so glad tomorrow is Friday.

I talked to Marty this morning.He said his internal clock is really messed up.He sounds very tired.He is pleased with how work is going though.He was telling me about soup with fish heads in it and cooking fish on the streets.I told him that would be a good diet for me; I wouldn’t eat a thing.I hope he gets rested up this weekend.

I am not sleeping well or long enough so I hope to go to bed a bit early tonight.Even 30 minute will help.

Bee, glad to hear the BBQ was nice and how cool to go for your second dress fitting.Marty will be back on the 11th then head out to Arizona on the 15th for a few more days.

Jcarly, rats for blazing hot weather.I hope it drifts my way.That is great the gym is cool.I do love frozen yogurt too.It’s great.Have a blast on your trip.I hope you post some pictures for us to enjoy.

Lisa, I love to go to the chiropractor in the winter when you put the giant heating pad on your back.I could just fall asleep right there.I hope your interview went well today.I am sending your PS dust late but plentiful.

Babysteps, what amazing progress you have made running in the last 6 months.Marty said one day when I talked to him it was raining like crazy.He is there through the 11th.That is strange you mention the windows fogging up; he was telling me about that in an email earlier today.He plans on doing some sightseeing this weekend.I bet it is rough flying over here twice a year.

Arajunajane, glad your meals are tasty.It is convenient to have prepared foods some evenings.I like that some nights you eat regular dinners as well.I eat low fat ice cream quite a bit and sure enjoy it.I hope they find your chart but you are certainly making progress since your clothes are fitting differently.

36.gif

Tlh, even walking in the sand is a workout.Good luck getting DH to watch a girlie movie with you.Marty usually wanders off to his computer when I watch one.I admire your philosophy on life.I have a hard time getting up early in the morning.Wonderful observations on runners and if they are enjoying their run / walk.Sounds like it is something that is special to you.

Kimi, glad you had time for a good, long run.

Tacori, woo hoo for a 2 pound difference.I agree embracing our imperfections is difficult but I continue to work at being at peace with my quirks, oddities and Marcyisms. Woo hoo for such a great compliment.

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
That certainly made your day.

Lauren, sleeping in late is always a treat.I hope you had a great walk today.

Rod, I continue to send mega PS dust your way.

Skippy, yay for a long walk with Trevor today.I didn’t have my strawberries this morning but have a batch cut up for tomorrow.I tend to eat the thin crust pizza too but I agree every now and then one of those nice thick crust pizzas are a must.I hope Marty gets rested up this weekend.He has had some good food, okay food and bad food so far.He doesn’t mind trying new things though.I enjoy getting together with friends when Marty is out of town too; it helps keep me occupied.

Geckodani, that is great your husband joined WW.It will be nice to work on it together.

ChargerGirl, that is great to not gain a pound on vacation.Congratulations.LOL at being a social bee; I usually stay home between work, teaching and everyday life but sometimes I return to my post college socializing but with less alcohol and a lot less food.

Danielle, have fun at the birthday party this weekend.I always worrying about falling or tripping on the treadmill; I am kind of klutzy.

Somethingshiny, sorry to hear your blood sugar is giving your weird results.How cute JT enjoyed the library so much.

Take care.

Marcy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Good morning, ya''ll!!
35.gif

Our running/biking/walking most of the week--today is Pants again, so nada. Weekend is supposed to be much the same. Think we''ll go to the movies instead of exercising!!

Keep well folks!

cheers--Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results