shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 1st June till 7th June

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new week all!

Today I wanted to bring up a trap I have fallen into many a time over the years - the all or nothing attitude. So many times I have eaten too many cookies and thought " thats it - I have blown it once again * as usual*
20.gif
" then proceeded to eat the rest of the packet! I notice that I tended to follow a pattern with this,

strict diet and go overboard with physical and self denial,
a massive sweet craving,
battling having even one cookie,
give in and eat a few,
feel angry and worthless,
eat everything in sight,
feel terrible and disgusted with myself,
fall off wagon for indeterminate amount of time,
wait until I felt a bit better,
strict diet and go overboard with physical and self denial,
another massive sweet craving,
battling having even one cookie....

And so on. It was a vicious cycle and one it took me many years to break. By nature I am a perfectionist and I would feel such a failure if I couldn't stick to these ridiculous diets I used to embark on. Other people could exist on 900 cals a day, what was wrong with me that I couldn't??? Then of course the self defeating negative thoughts would begin as I couldn't stand feeling so hungry all the time, the cravings and battles would ensue and off we would go again.

I knew that there had to be a better way than this ridiculous silly strict diet/ fail/ eat everything in sight way of living. It took a long time for the penny to drop that I didn't have to be hungry and could have some of the foods I liked in moderation - but the most important thing I learned was forgiveness and allowing myself to ' fail.' So what if I ate a few cookies??? I didn't have to let that defeat me, I was human with weaknesses as well as strengths. It really was simple, all I had to do was to put it behind me and get right back on track. One major factor in my success was not letting myself get too hungry and make sure I was eating enough, as this was a big trigger factor in my craving sweet foods and not being able to resist.

And it is almost 4 years now since my day of reckoning when that light bulb went on in my mind. In that time I have not only lost weight and kept it off but quit smoking too. Amazing what you can do with patience, persistance and perseverence along with allowing yourself to finally not be perfect!

Have a great week
35.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei - lovely opening as usual!!
I have decided to keep a small journal (seperate from the WW one) where i wite all my healthy/not healthy choices of the day. I''ll start with this weekend:
Saturday:
Not so healthy - cookie (1!) for breakfast
Healthy - Walked to the grocery store rather than have E pick me up to go (1/2 hour walk, slightly up hill with the pooch!), loading my plate up at the BBQ, but only eating half of it.
Sunday:
Not so Healthy - mimosa''s all day long
Healthy - Non fat instead of regular 2 % latte, walking to get latte(s) (1/2 hour walk again!) and pigging out on veggies (with little to no ranch)

only 11 days till my vacation, and i have to kick the workouts into high gear!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good Morning! I lost 2 lbs at my Weight Watcher weigh in so I am only 1 lb away from goal,
6.gif
9.gif
yay, for a 31 lb total loss!!!!

It has taken me a year; I am very slow losing (calulates to .7 lb a week) but like Lorelei and others say, Slow and Steady wins the race. I had some mess ups along the way but just as Lorelei's opening says we are all human and we learn from our mistakes too. I am very Excited to be so close; I pulled out some shorts yesterday that I have not worn since my 20's and it was great! hehe I think I am going to make my happy range in 134-138 lb ish since I am 5 '4 and 1/2; I think that is something that will allow me to have some goodies here and there and something I can maintain.

I have my sisters dog so I need to walk everyday and come Thurs I will change up my workouts. Tonight I will be walking my sisters dog Trevor
emdog.gif
He is such a fun and lovable Golden retriever! Happy Monday all and kudos to you all!!!!!

LORELEI, great opening lady!!! Congrats for keeping the weight off for 4 yrs and quitting smoking; 2 fabulous accomplishments!!!
36.gif

DEEJAY and MARCY, I wish I could meet you in Denver but I will have to keep you posted.
1.gif
how fun that you will get to meet each other. Marcy, DeeJay is so much fun to be around; you will have a fab time for sure as many of us HLT friends have had when meeting D!

JCARLY, how are you liking WW? I am a weight watcher too! Sounds like a fun weekend!!! Yay for your vacation!!!! food journals are great; I keep one and there are many studies out there that prove they are a great tool in weight loss.

AJ ~ Welcome, glad you are joining us!!
9.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Good morning gang!
35.gif
Hope all are well!

Miss Skippy--your goal is SO close! Congratulations--how hard you''ve worked!
36.gif

Nice to read everyone is exercising and eating well--good on ya!

Marvellous weekend here weather wise--ran Sat and had a super long bike ride with my family yesterday--I lurve my bike!!! Today the weather is pants, so I skip the outdoor stuff, and spend my day "running" errands.

Enjoy your day peoples!

cheers--Sharon

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei, great opening. It''s true you need practice moderation and learn not to punish yourself.

Jcarly, I''m starting to keep a food log too. A few ppl do it here and I find it helps to keep me more accountable.

This weekend was sorta good sorta bad. I didn''t get any workouts it. Saturday morning I went to dim sum with my sister and her boyfriend. It was tasty and I had a lot of food but I didn''t stuff myself full. Which is a good thing. Then I did some work in the garden & on my balcony. Then my sister and I watched Up the new Pixar movie. Very cute, but not a Pixar-best. Sunday cleaned the house, did some work on the patio furniture and helped my sister move. James and I went out for Mexican and I had a margarita.

Today meeting James to help him with some school stuff, so probably won''t get much of a workout in.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/1/2009 10:24:07 AM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

Good morning gang!
35.gif
Hope all are well!

Miss Skippy--your goal is SO close! Congratulations--how hard you''ve worked!
36.gif

Nice to read everyone is exercising and eating well--good on ya!

Marvellous weekend here weather wise--ran Sat and had a super long bike ride with my family yesterday--I lurve my bike!!! Today the weather is pants, so I skip the outdoor stuff, and spend my day ''running'' errands.

Enjoy your day peoples!

cheers--Sharon
That makes a change for me Sharon to be able to say for once my weather is not pants!
6.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Too bloody hot today....
14.gif
no pleasing some people is there?

tlh

Ideal_Rock
lorelei - great opener!!!

jcarley- I like your healthy - not healthy tracker! That is neat!

skippy- congratulations. 31 pounds. THAT IS PHENOMENAL!!! I more pound til goal weight, I''m very happy for you!!

canuk- love that you enjoy riding your bike with the family. It is a nice way to go out and feel the breeze!

lliang_chi - I''m glad you enjoyed the time with family. I also think yard work and house work is a good form of exercise... plus it keeps the hands busy, and you know what they say about idle hands... my idle hands find themselves with something on the way to my mouth!
6.gif

Everyone else - have a fabulous monday!!!
35.gif

This weekend was rough. I''m up 2 pounds... 10 total. GRRR. But, on a positive note... I had a great time. My friend proposed, she said yes - and it was a wonderful celebration of love... so those calories... shouldn''t count... but DO! I also got 10 miles of walking in while I was there... but they didn''t counteract the nearly 4,000 calories (in one day) I ate and drank... stupid sugary drinks... soo yumm... But I am excited as I am back into my reality, and settled into my world. I''m back and I feel empowered. I have no more distractions for the time being (other than food days at work - which I will buckle down and imagine cockroaches in the kitchens and sludge on the utensils of the preparer - so I lose my appetite...) so I now get to buckle down, and stick to my tough diet regimine... and get multiple workouts in during the day. So I started this morning off with a decent clip of a run... which was suprising as I think I was still runing on ethanol fumes...but I did it.. even though I was still hungover and wanted to sleep in... I still got up, and ran my little tush off...

"Instead of giving myself reasons why I can''t, I give myself reasons why I can." UNKNOWN
"If you don''t do what''s best for your body, you''re the one who comes up on the short end." Julius Erving

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
*hanging head in shame*

Hello guys...its been awhile!! This may be a long post...sorry in advance.

Around the time I disappeared here I got pretty sick. Long story short, they think I have GERD but are not sure. I lost a bunch of weight which was actually scary since I was eating like crazy. I got down about 10lbs lower than my lowest, and it just kept coming off. I still have the symptoms, but no more unexplained weight loss.

Anyway, that has pretty much stopped, so now I need to get back in to the habit of eating healthily! I have regained maybe 10lbs? Hard to say since I have no scale and my guess is based on 2 different Dr. office scales. Where I am is where I want to stay size-wise, but want to be healthier and more in shape! Hopefully eating better will help whatever this is, GERD is reactive to diet.

I recently eloped and am planning a "wedding" for September. I bought my dress and it fit perfectly so I need to maintain! I am training for a 5k, going to start 30 day shred soon, and also got a bicycle! DH and I have been riding pretty often. Its so fun!

Now that I am married, I am finding it hard to eat well when my DH doesnt have to worry about it! He is a vegetarian like I am, and likes healthy food in theory, but will also eat ice cream, etc all the time. I have never lived with a male before, the amount he eats blows me away!

So I am "rejoining" the HLT, it was so helpful before and you are all so nice, I have missed you guys!. It is good to see some familiar faces around here, I hope everyone is doing great! Happy new week!!
35.gif
35.gif

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Hello Everyone- Happy 1st day of June! It''s funny how you can set your calendar to the Southern California phenomenon known as "June Gloom". The days start out cloudy and a bit misty, and then it "burns off" around lunchtime so the remainder of the day is sunny and glorious. I always tell out-of-towners to avoid visiting in June because of this.

I began another session of Boot Camp today. It was great to be out there and be active again, as well as catching up with the gals. We did squats, lunges and lots of leg work- my legs felt very fatigued and shaky. Our trainer took it kinda easy on us today- she always does on days 1 & 2 (as to not scare off the newbies). We have one newbie this time around, and she''s a great shape. She''s already a runner, so we may end up incorporating a running day once a week. I like that our trainer is always looking to mix things up.

I haven''t weighed myself since I''ve been back from vacation- i''m scared to! I''m going to give it a couple of days and weigh-in later this week. I was down a total of 20 lbs earlier this month, so we''ll see where I''m at now.

lorelei- glad to hear that the weather isn''t pants for once. stay cool!
jcarly- GREAT idea on writing down your healthy/not so healthy activity. i may have to try that.
skippy- woman, you ROCK!! congrats on being soooo close to your goal weight. You''re my hero!
miscka- good to see you here again! you''ve got some great plans in place so maintaining will be a breeze for you.

hiya sharon, lliang & tlh
35.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Marcy~ I just wanted to second your friend''s advice on your purse stain. It really works! The only thing is, I clean my really well first and then I do have to reapply the conditioner every so often to keep the stain from coming back through.

jcarly~ Your journal is a great idea. Seeing where you made good choices is a real winning solution! And, seeing your "unhealthy" choices by comparison, well, it just doesn''t seem as big of a deal. btw-I just noticed your signature, I love your asterisked quote!

Skippy~ Wow! and YAY! for your weight loss!!

lliang~ I''ve been wanting to see UP, I was expecting great! Not okay... We rented Paul Blart Mall Cop, I was expecting pretty good, but ended up with just alright. Don''t you hate how the best part of the movies are the commercials?! Oh, and I''m just going to throw in a "vote" that moving IS a workout!!

tlh~ LOL to the kitchen prep!! Great job on your run this a.m.!

Miscka~ Welcome back! Sorry to see that you''ve been so sick, it must have been a little scary. I never knew you eloped, so CONGRATULATIONS!! and Best Wishes for the wedding! Good luck on your training!

Charger~ I''m glad you love your boot camp, to me it sounds terrifying! LOL! I''ve never heard of the "June Gloom". Interesting.

Hi, canuk and lorelei!

Not much from me. The weather took a downward turn so we''re going to be indoors it seems. I think I''m going to take JT down to the library later. We haven''t been since we moved to this new town. It''s much larger than out old library and I was afraid he might get a little overwhelmed. But, now that he is tired of all of his books, we have to get more!! I''m also tired of my books so I''m happy to go, too! I''m really pleased that he loves books so much. I''ve always been a voracious reader and I''m glad to see that he''s becoming one. (well, a voracious listener at this point!) We may still go down to the creek or something. We always get wet there anyway, who cares about a little rain?! The temp drop has made me crave chili so I''ll be making that this afternoon. How can a food that has so many veggies be bad for you?? By the corn chips you eat it off of! I really have to find a Frito substitute!!

Have a great day and a great tomorrow!

laurenfischer5

Shiny_Rock

Happy June Everyone!

I ate a healthy breakfast this morning and I'm trying to decide what to eat for lunch. Its easier for me to make good choices today because I know it's paying off. I lost 6 lbs! I did the elliptical for 45 minutes yesterday and then last night I went walking with a friend for 2 hours! We were just walking and talking and didn't even realize it. I thought I would be so sore this morning, but I was fine. So, I think I'll probably go on a walk today...

Lorelei - Wonderful opener! That's exactly what I've been doing. But I'm breaking that cycle now
16.gif

Jcarlylew - Mimosas sound delicious!
Skippy123 - Congrats for losing 2 lbs!
36.gif
I can't wait to be so close to my goal weight as you are...

Tlh - It's ok, we all have those weeks...At least you had a good weekend!

Miscka - Nice to meet you!

Somethingshiny - Sorry for the bad weather

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy, I am so proud (and slightly jealous) of you! You are ALMOST there and I bet you look AMAZING!!!

Lor, great opener as usual.

jcarly, yay for walking to the store! Every little bit helps!

lliang, keeping a food journal DOES help! I never get to work out on the weekends either. Guess it is good to give the body a break though!

tlh, sorry you gained some weight. Like *everything* in life we are all works in progress. Physically, emotionally, spiritually...please don''t beat yourself up over it. I know you will lose it.

Miscka, good to see you back married lady! I think you look awesome so if you can (and I know you will) maintain you will be perfect on your wedding day.

Charger, I cannot believe it is June! SIL, DH and my b-days are all in june. Plus I have a trip (alone) coming up so it should be a good month. Of course vacations always equal weight gain for me. Oh well. Life''s short ya know?

Tonight is Zumba. I am not sure I like taking 3 days in a row off (friday, saturday & sunday). It''s just hard to workout on the weekend with DD and Friday has no good classes. I gotta come up with something.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone!
I''m happy to finally have a reason to join these threads, and looking forward to following all
your stories.

Lozza, thankyou for the tip on Spark Ppl - I have spent most of the arvo and evening exploring it, lol..
What a great eye opener keeping a detailed food diary - I like it!

No workout today, but I did stick to my calorie intake, so that''s something (despite having Thai for dinner!
6.gif
).

As an intro to me and why I''m here - I''m not "technically" overweight (BMI and body fat percent etc are all
within healthy range) - and don''t have any major qualms with my body, but I know it can be better.
2.gif

I would like to tone up, be generally healthier - and lose some kilos
in the process. I''m 26 this year, and would like to get into a healthier routine/lifestyle now.

Happy june everyone (god is it june already?!) and hope you have a good week
35.gif

AJ\

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Quick check in from me! Didn''t do the 5k on Saturday as hubs and I decided to sleep in (yeah we slept until 1pm! What were we thinking?!). I did go run 4 miles yesterday and it was tough after so much time off, but felt great! I finished in 47:22 which was an 11:49 pace. The last 1/2 mile was really really tough but I pushed through it! I tried to wake up at 6 this morning to do 30 day shred, but I couldn''t get my butt out of the bed so I will do it this evening after class. I think I am back on track with my eating so that feels good!

Skip - 31 lbs is awesome! We are the same height and I am always trying to get down to 130. Sadly that''s what I weighed in 8th grade and it''s the last time I felt really thin! I bet with more muscle though like I carry now I would be happy with 134-138 too. You are doing great!!

Lorelei - great oepning! It''s impossible to be perfect especially if you want to enjoy life and food. A life without cookies is not worth living, heheheh.

Jcarlylew - I like your healthy/not so healthy list - mimosa''s sound good though!!

Sharon - bike ride sounds great!

Liang - Cleaning & gardening count - just think how you weren''t sitting on the couch or eating during those times.

tlh - glad the weekend was fun! I find I always have the best running days when I am super motivated to lose weight (wishful thinking that the one run will make me magically lose ten pounds?)

Miscka - that is a lot of exercise you have planned, you will definitely get healthy. I love the 30 day shred, I find it to be the most effective workout that you can do in 30 minutes.

ChargerGrrl - I avoid the scale too for a week or so after vacation. I''m sure you''ll get back into the groove and the next time you step on, it''ll be just fine!

Somethingshiny - have fun at the library!

lauren - 6lbs is awesome! Keep up the good work!!

Tacori - is there anyway you can squeeze in the 30 day shred on the weekend? Not sure if Tessa wakes you up early or keeps you up late, but I usually like to work that workout around my shower so it''s just like I''ve taken an extra long time to get ready for the day or get ready for bed!

arjunajane - being healthy is great. I am also 26 and even though I am "young" I can tell that I am definitely aging. I know that sounds crazy, but I just FEEL different than I did at 22. Maybe it''s working full time and being at my desk all day, but I love the way that exercising makes me feel and I like seeing my body change :).

Rod - you said you needed dust today, so extra dust!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Danielle, sometimes you need to sleep! I am jealous! I cannot remember the last time I slept in. I actually own 30 day shred and have never used it! Horrible huh? That''s a good idea. We also have a wii fit that I haven''t used in forever. I know it isn''t MUCH of a workout but better than nothing! Thanks for the idea.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Miscka - best wishes on firming up. All the talk of the 30 day shred has me curious!

charger - enjoy your boot camp! your trainer sounds awesome, and congrats on the 20 pound loss!

somethingshiny- I too love frito chilli pies.. though I live in the desert so I fortunately don''t get those comfort foods too often... but chips in salsa is my devil out here! I love your attitude on the weather! A little rain never hurt anyone.. well maybe William Henry Harrison, but I think that was snow...
34.gif

lauren- congrats on your 6 pounds! That is awesome!

tacori - ooo! have fun in zumba!

arjunajane - good job sticking within your calories!

danielle- great job keeping pace on your 4 miles!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great opening Lorelei! I have done that way too many times. I''m determined not to fall that way again.

Jcarly- that''s a really good idea having a journal. Enjoy the lead up to your vacation.

Skippy-yay for Trevor!! And WOOOOOHOOOOOO for your weight loss!! You''ve only got a teeny tiny bit to go now!

canuk-well done on the running! And glad you enjoyed the bike ride!

lliang-enjoy meeting up with James.

tlh-yay for your friend''s proposal!! Boo to the 2 pounds though!

Miscka-congrats on your wedding! Sorry to hear that you were sick though. I know what you mean when you say that you can''t believe how much they eat-D''s the same-he''s forever eating and he never puts on weight.

Charger-bootcamp sounds brilliant. I did one over here last year and I couldn''t believe how hard it was!

SS-sorry to hear that you''re having bad weather. For once, Ireland is actually having beautiful weather. I hope it continues!

lauren-6 lbs is amazing!! Congratulations!

Tacori-enjoy zumba!!

AJ-well done for staying within your calorie range. I find Spark people so handy.

Danielle-well done on getting your 4k run done. It''s hard to go back to it after a break

I was working all day today and as it''s a bank holiday over here, the gym closed early so I didn''t work out today. I''m still sore though after the weekend workouts so it was probably a good thing to have a break. I went to a bbq at my parents house after work and it was so tasty-had fish, salad, some baby potatoes, sweetcorn etc. Delicious! Talk to you all tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.
35.gif
Marty arrived in Hong Kong at 3:55 a.m. my time 24 hours after he left our house.He flew a total of 7880 miles only 120 miles short of the Earth’s diameter.

My food was very normal today.I had cheerios and fresh fruit for breakfast, raw veggies and low fat lasagna for lunch (I had 3 portions left in the freezer), a grilled burger with oven French fries for supper and more raw veggies.I finished off my calories with some slow churned ice cream.
My new flowers got hailed on today.It looks like snow out there even now about 4 hours after it hailed.Tomorrow’s high is expected to be near 50.Rats.
No new bling for me this month.The dermatologist bill is $1507 and my car needs brakes that will cost $585 and that’s only if just the front ones need done.AAAKKK.There goes my summer teaching checks.

Lorelei, great opener my friend.The all or nothing mentality is very difficult for any of us to maintain.Finding that magic life style is a challenge but it’s one we can all continue to work at and refine to suit life. How wonderful for you to have nice weather.

Jcarly, I like your journal.Great idea.Where are you going for your vacation?
Skippy, congratulations on 2 more pounds and WOO HOO for being only 1 pound away from your goal.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
How very exciting!!!Very cool your old shorts fit great.Slow and steady does win the race.I am very anxious for the Denver GTG and it would be wonderful if you can make it that day as well.

Sharon, glad you had a nice weekend and enjoying going for a bike ride.Our pants weather moved in today as well.

Lisa, I think keeping a journal is very helpful.Sounds like you had a very busy weekend.

Tlh, glad you had a wonderful time this weekend.No worries about a few pounds, they will come right back off.

Miscka, I am so sorry to hear you have been so sick.I am glad to hear you are getting better.Congratulations on eloping.

ChargerGirl, congratulations on being down 20 pounds.That is awesome.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Somethingshiny, thank you for the info on my purse.I sure hope I can get it looking okay again.I dug out my pink purse while the other is at the dry cleaners.That is great JT loves to read.I am cold right now and chili sounds great.I bought some 100 calorie packs of Fritos; there are not many in there but enough to satisfy me for a snack.
Lauren, congratulations for losing 6 pounds.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Tacori, maybe go for some really long walks on the weekend and take the family with you.

AJ, sparkpeople has a lot of great resources.Good for you wanting to strive to be better.

Danielle, congratulations for finishing a 4K this weekend.

Bee, the BBQ sounds really good.

Rod, more PS dust coming your way!
Take care.
Marcy

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Great night at the gym!
I did my whole circuit, plus added some on.
I did 40mins cardio (bike, treadmill, and yes elliptical, lol)..(only assigned 20 on my program).
and my strength/weights training - I added between 3 and 7 reps more than assigned to each
exercise.

Plus I rode my bike there and back
5.gif

So feeling tired but content..

Now if I can just figure out how to enter all of it into Spark
40.gif

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
Hi HLTers!
35.gif
- sorry to miss the end of last week - I am over being sick, moved into our new flat, most of our stuff put away, and finally got the internet connected yesterday so I am feeling like myself again! I was so sick with a cold during the move I couldn''t believe it - my entire face swelled up, my eyes were leaking nonstop - insane. My husband said ''go to the doctor!'' but (a) it was just a cold, and I knew it and (b) with the worries over swine flu here in Asia, I was petrified that a doctor would immediately report me to public health and I''d be quarantined! My new best friend was TheraFlu Severe Cold formula
1.gif
Anyway, so glad to be back on the thread! I was exhausted from the weekend move but hit the gym on Monday for weight training and did an hour of elliptical tonight so I am settling back into routine.

Lorelei - I love your openers - I think you should collect them all and publish a book!
1.gif
This one is so true for me - ''oh well, had two slices of pizza, might as well have a brownie! And some chardonnay! And start fresh tomorrow!'' except tomorrow kept getting pushed out . . . My head is in a better spot now, but this was a great reminder to focus on small improvements vs. thinking it all has to be perfect, all the time.

Jcarlylew - great idea about looking at the highs and lows of each day! where are you going on vacation?

Skippy - YAY SKIPPY!! One more pound only - wow!! huge kudos to you, a 30+ pound loss is just amazing, I love that you can fit into old clothes - how fun is that! Congrats on your patience, persistence and wonderful achievement!!
36.gif

Sharon - I am going to sound stupid, but does ''weather is pants'' mean - you have to wear pants because it''s cold? Or is ''pants'' like a word for ''horrible''? At any rate, I hope it improves!
1.gif

Lliang - yum to margaritas, and after just going thru it I give a big ''yes!'' that moving counts as a workout!!

tlh - great attitude for just making a fresh committed start and not dwelling on ''coulda/woulda/shoulda'' - you are so fit with your workouts, I am sure that the weight will quickly drop off!

Miscka - hi! I am pretty new on the thread - congratulations on your elopement and your upcoming wedding! I hope that you are feeling better and continuing to improve - my cousin had GERD several years ago, it is ROUGH! It is definitely an adjustment to have a husband as part of your eating - they eat so very differently (portions! hello!) than we do!

Charger - wow! hurray for you being 20+ lbs down, that is awesome! I think waiting til a few days post vacation is a good idea before weighing

somethingshiny - hope you had good luck at the library! & hope the weather improves
1.gif

Laurenfisher - congrats on being down 6 lbs already, that is fantastic!

Tacori - weekends were always the hardest time for me when my kids were younger, it is so hard to carve out that time with competing needs of DH, little ones, etc. It is hard for me now in a different way, as the older ones are involved more with weekend activities and it chops up the day into funny increments. I am going to try to just do small things if I can''t get a full workout in - crunches, lunges, plank holds and pushups are my goal - we''ll see!

Arjunajane - hi youngster!
1.gif
just kidding, it is so great that you are health/fitness focused now - I wish I had started earlier. It is doable in your mid 40s, but good grief it is a bit of an uphill climb sometimes!

Danielle - sleeping! oh I am jealous!
9.gif
Great time on your run, yay for getting thru the last hard bit!

Bee* - your BBQ sounds delish, and it was probably good for your body to have a rest day, you have been hitting the gym hard so regularly!!

Marcy - I felt for you worrying about Marty''s flight - when the kids and I fly home my husband is usually beside himself til we are on the ground. If you are emailing, I thought of another ''do'' for him - take the Star Ferry from Central over to Kowloon at night around 7:30ish (if the weather is clear) - walk along the promenade and get a good viewing spot - at 8 pm each night there is a harbor lightshow! All the office buildings in Central light up with crazy neon lights and it is pretty awesome
1.gif
Ouch on the dermo and auto bills - isn''t that always the way, things hit all at the same time.
39.gif

Hope everyone has a wonderful week!
1.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Afternoon everyone! I got up early today and did an hour of spin and an hour of tone. It was so hot, although I really got into the classes. No real plans for the rest of today-I did some wedding planning and am now going to go out in the garden and relax for a bit. I have a friend coming around for a bbq this evening so I''m going to make some nice salads for that. Hope you all enjoy the rest of the day!

Marcy-sorry to hear that you have bad weather again. Your dinner sounds so tasty! Glad to hear Marty arrived ok!

AJ-yay for doing double the time. That''s brilliant news.

babysteps-I enjoyed the day off exercise! Glad to hear that you''re feeling better and that the move went ok. Yay for getting back into exercise!

Talk to you later!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/2/2009 9:57:43 AM
Author: babysteps
Sharon - I am going to sound stupid, but does ''weather is pants'' mean - you have to wear pants because it''s cold? Or is ''pants'' like a word for ''horrible''? At any rate, I hope it improves!
1.gif
HI:

Babysteps--I think it is the former; but I must defer to MIss Lorelei as it is "her" saying (British colloquialism?)...
9.gif

Today is not pants
9.gif
, think I''ll put on my shorts and go running outside....it is too nice to exercise indoors and go to the pool. BTW, someone asked me last week if I have one of those water jet thingies for my own pool and the answer is no since we have no pool; I run again the current in the communities pool''s lazy river...best work out! My legs were terrifically sore, but are OK now....just in time to go back to run in the pool again....LOL

Marcy--glad DH is across the world safe and sound

Take care gangaronni
35.gif
, keep well!!!!!!!!!!

cheers--Sharon

tlh

Ideal_Rock
bee*- the bbq sounds really yum! I hope you enjoy your time w/ your friend, and your workout was AWESOME.

marcyc- your dinner sounds fab. I''m glad marty arrived to his destination alright, though I''m sure he''s tired!!!

arjunajane- great workout! sounds fab! I love adding that extra pinch of exercise in by not driving to the gym!
36.gif

babysteps - I am glad you are feeling better! Thank you for your kind words!
5.gif

Everyone else hope your Tuesday ROCKS!
35.gif

Today I got up and went on a 30 minute wake up run. How refreshing! I really hit the zone when I was running, and there was this woman on the horizon as I would run, and she was like a mirage in the desert... but it really distracted me from the run. I wasn''t trying to pass her or anything... but it makes for a nice marker. Often times when cars are whirring past you, it seems like you are moving cryptically slow... but with my eye on a more accurate moving target, it made for a fun and interesting run. Breakfast was a nice yummy protien shake with a couple slices of fresh mango... YUM! i''ve also packed my snacks, 30 pretzel sticks, and a 1/4 cup of cottage cheese with 4 fresh cut strawberries. Tonight my DH and I are having chicken breasts on a lush spring green salad. I haven''t decided what I''ll eat for lunch yet.. probably some form of protien and veggies. I want to have energy for my double header... my DH is now in training for his half ironman... so we''re both doing 2-adays only I''ll hit the pool and the road... and he can have his bike riding.

"Take care of your body. It''s the only place you have to live." Jim Rohn

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good Morning everyone. I need to go take Trevor for a walk pretty soon. hehe
emdog.gif
My new Asics running shoes came and I am excited to break them in; isn't it so much fun to get new stuff in the mail!?!?! I planted some flowers yesterday in pots and a yarro in the yard which will add some pretty yellow to our backyard.

My SIL called last night and my family wants to get together this fall but we are debating whether to go to the mountains maybe Asheville, NC or somewhere between Savannah and VA beach (a beach location); they put me in charge of the coming up with options. I have no clue where I should start though, oh well I will figure it out. hehe It will fun to see them again for sure!!!

HOPE everyone has a greeeeeat Tuesday!!!
9.gif
Thank you are for your kudos; I am excited.
1.gif
I need to work on toning!!

SHARON ~~ yay for marvellous weather over the weekend!!! Hope it is marvellous again soon! thanks for the kudos; I am excited!!!

LISA ~~ mmmm dim sum sounds good! yay for not eating too much; you should be proud!!! I want to see UP; sounds cute! mmm, margaritas! cheers!

LORELEI ~~ lol to no pleasing people!!!!

TLH ~~ it could be salt water gain; especially if you flew. I read somewhere flying and the altitude causes water retention. You will lose those lbs soon; you are awesome lady. Sounds like a great weekend and congrats to your friends; how exciting!!!! What a great way to celebrate together, yay!!!! Yay for running; you really are very inspiring (hangs head here, I would have been sleeping in) kudos lady!! Kudos to your hubby training for the ironman, wowzers!!!!

MISCKA ~~ many congrats on getting married; I bet you and your hubby are soooo adorable!!!!!!
36.gif
Yay for training for a 5k; I am going to run my first one this month. Yay for a bike!!!! I am so sorry about the GERD; hope you feel better soon honey!

CHARGERGIRL ~~ YAY for boot camp!!! Woooo for being down 20 lbs; you are my hero and in the runs!!!!!
36.gif
thanks for the kudos friend.

SS ~~ thank you. aww, JT sounds adorable!!! I love the library; I can spend hours there. My mom use to take my sister there in the summer (she was a teacher so she would look at books for ideas for her classes come fall) so I have fond childhood memories there). Yay for new books to read. Chili isn't bad for you, lol to the corn chips though. i love corn chips, mmmmmm! Maybe bake some corn tortillas and make your own chips?

LAUREN ~~ thank you. Yay for eating healthy and lossing 6 lbs; that is so awesome!!!!
36.gif

TACORI ~~ thanks friend. You are at your wedding weight, no? You looked fabulous in your wedding pics!!! I liked what you wrote to tlh about works in progress; you are so wise!!! YAY for ZUMBA. Yeah pull out your Shred; it is fun and a great workout!!!

AJ ~~ sounds like you are in great shape; maybe you just need to go to a toning or muscle hour class. eta: yay that is what you did! woo for biking too! I know I can't believe it is June already either
6.gif

DANIELLE ~~ Oh your body needed the rest!!! YAY for a 4 mile run; you are fast!!! That is awesome!!! yay for Shred! Thanks friend! I agree I need to working on weights and toning. You sound like you are in awesome shape!!!!!

BEE ~~ yay your wedding is getting so close!!! thank you friend, you are so sweet!!! YAY for getting 2 workouts in; wow!!!! fabulous!!!

MARCY ~~ oh no to the hail and your flowers. glad Marty made it in safely!!! Oh no, I am guessing you don't have insurance, that is a lot of money; I am sorry.
8.gif
Can Marty do your brakes maybe? thanks for the kudos; I am excited too!

BABYSTEPS ~~oh I was worried about you; I am glad you are feeling better. YAY for being moved in!!! Oh no, you were very sick; you poor sweetie, huge hugs. Wow, you are awesome for hitting the gym; wooohooo!!! thank you for the kudos, i am excited!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
BACK from walking Trevor
9.gif
emdog.gif

TACORI ~~ I do want to say the days I watch my nephew I am pooped from running around with him, playing kick ball, chasing him so I am sure even though you think you have days off from your workout out, sweet Miss Tessa has you running around!!! You get a great workout!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
arjuna, if you are unhappy than change is within your reach. Welcome. I am sure you will find the support and encouragement you need here. Sounds like you are off to a great start.

tlh, zumba is fun. Going again tonight.

bee, you deserve a day off!

marcy, sorry about all the extra bills. I hate those! Your food sounds yummy! Hope you are doing well w/o Marty. I love the 100 calorie packs. Oreo cakesters are my current addiction.

babysteps, sorry you have been sick. Bummer. The ONLY benefit (for me) is a lose a few lbs but its an awful way to lose weight. It is hard to make time to work out at home b/c I am so tired during my little downtime (when she is sleeping). The gym is great since it is like bonus time. I would be with her if I don''t go if that makes sense. Still I need to step it up to reach my goal.

Skippy, packages are so fun to get as well as new stuff. I bet the flowers look great. I know they really improved my yard. Maybe if you go to Asheville diamondseeker would drive up there with me. I am NOT at my wedding weight and probably never will be again
40.gif
I am about 10 lbs away. I am only 3 lbs away from my weight when I got preggo though. Chasing T is probably a good workout. She is SOOOO fast! Not sure how her little legs can move to quickly. I truly believe we are all works in progress. Also we are all going to make mistakes which is a *good* thing. It is learning from the mistakes which is what improves our character. I guess I am trying to embrace my imperfections.

Going to Zumba tonight. I noticed my leg are the most shapely (in a good way) they have ever been. Of course I have the most muscle I ever had as well.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

So yesterday I ate an odd array of... stuff... zone bar, peanut butter sandwich, TWO boston creme donuts with chocolate frosting, and A LOT of pizza.
20.gif
23.gif
6.gif
What can I say?

I did work out (of course) and also took a self defense class last night, so that burned some extra calories. For the ladies on this site, have you ever done a SD class? Man, I left there going "I am woman, hear me roar"! Seriously, anyone that messes with me is gonna be Sorry with a capital "S"! I told Marcy that when we're in Denver in a couple of weeks to wear all the bling she wants because I'll take care of any trouble that comes up!
9.gif
(J/K, of course, anyone who wants my bling is going to get it without any resistance whatsoever, but I do feel empowered.)

And speaking of Denver... anyone... anyone... Bueller... Bueller? If any of you HLTers are out there come and play with me and Marcy on the 26th/27th!

Lorelei, oh no, *Dee* NEVER falls into the all or nothing attitude. HA!!! Can you say, we'll I've already had TWO donuts today so what's one more piece of pizza at this point?!
38.gif

Jcarleylew, the journal is a great idea. I am always surprised by what I eat when I write it down. (And I don't mean *surprised* in a good way, LOL!)

Skippy, sounds like you and Trevor had a great time! You are The Best Aunt Ever!

Sharon, working out in the lazy river sounds fun!

Tacori, woo hoo for shapely legs! I suffer from thick ankle syndrome (I blame my mother for this, ha ha!) so those of you with nice legs should go out and buy some short skirts and show 'em off!

Tlh, the last time I ran at the gym there was a guy in front of me who set the perfect pace, so I know what you mean about having a target in front of you.

Bee, yay for spin! The XHH has taken a couple of spin classes and he said it was a great workout.

Babysteps, I had a really bad cold one time when we moved too. Miserable! Glad things are better now.

Arjunajane, wow, you are a workout maniac! Good for you!

Marcy, glad to hear Marty is in HK safe and sound!

Danielle, congrats on the 5K!

Lauren, a two hour walk--you go girl!

Somethingshiny, I love libraries! I could spend HOURS and HOURS there!

Charger, LOL on being scared to weigh yourself! And I love mixing things up with my workout too.

Miscka, I know what you mean about your husband eating so much more than you do. The XHH used to take in THOUSANDS more calories that I do and he never gained an ounce!

Lliang, where did you go for dim sum? I haven't been for YEARS; we should plan an outing!

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Everyone! I had an oddly busy day (didn''t seem that busy, but somehow it was all of a sudden 5pm!) at work today so I couldn''t check in until now.

Last night I did the 30 day shred at 10pm. I was happy that I pushed myself to do it as I really was feeling tired after a 9 hours work day and a 3 hour class! I''ve been trying to go to bed around 11 so I cake wake up early enough for work, but working out so late (and I admit it, watching Conan on the Tonight Show) kept me up until after midnight. I was EXTREMELY sleepy this morning and most of the day. I had planned to run and around 3pm I really didn''t think I was going to make it.

However, once I left the building at work, I felt energized and really wanted to get out there and run! So hubs & I went to the park and I ran 5k and he ran 3.4 miles. I had a pretty good run today, finished in 36:12 (11:39 pace). I was trying to push it to get a "tempo" feel and it was definitely difficult. My ankle problem seems to just have a little bit of soreness, so I''m going to keep RICEing and try not to run 2 days in a row.

I have to run, but hope to check in with everyone individually tomorrow. I have to do some reading for my summer class and get to bed a bit earlier tonight! Have a great evening all!!

laurenfischer5

Shiny_Rock
Today was good. I went to Chili''s for lunch with a friend and even though I did eat a little queso
40.gif
I got the Margarita Chicken Skillet which is pretty much the healthiest thing you can get there. I only ate 1/2 of it and boxed the rest up and ate it for dinner. And this afternoon I walked/ran for an hour...

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.......I''m home. I still need mountains of PS Dust. And thank you all for the dust already sprinkled. I still can''t talk about it though. I actually got home late last night. Today, I had the day off and went to the gym this afternoon. I hadn''t been to the gym since Last Thursday and was really anxious to workout this afternoon. I did do the elliptical today, which was likely a mistake (although I was really happy to be doing some cardio). I guess I did it because my leg was feeling a bit better. Yesterday, it hurt like the dickens. Tomorrow, I have a chiropractor appointment. Sciatica is definitely not fun and doesn''t go away quickly or easily.

This has to be a quick flyby. I just saw the size of my work email and I need to get through the massive number of messages before I go to work in the morning.

I did want to say I loved the weekly opener Lorelei. Like yourself, I had to realize that I''m not perfect, I made mistakes, but like yourself, I changed my life, got healthy. lost weight, quit smoking, and Rebuilt Rod in a really positive way.

And, I also had to say hi to Miscka! Welcome back. I''m glad you''re better and Congratulations on getting married!

Hey to everyone else. I''ll try to catch up with you all in the next day or so.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results