shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 18th May till 24th May

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Evening everyone! Had such a busy day in work today so I''m going to head to bed soon. D''s on his stag night tonight so I doubt he''ll be home till early morning, especially as Leinster just won the rugby! Our rugby team has been doing fab recently! Eating wasn''t great today-think I went over my limit a bit but it was all healthy food. I just need to reign it in a bit for next week.

El-I love shopping too while I''m losing weight. Your dinner sounds fab.

Rod-glad you had a day off doing nothing! I miss having you around here more often! Sending some more dust!

Thanks Marcy-sorry to hear that you have a rash. Sounds like you had lots of tasty things yesterday. I''ve been craving cupcakes for the past few days. Need to stay away from them!!

Hi Lorelei-glad to hear that you''re still doing well-didn''t expect anything else!!

Danielle-that''s amazing! WOW!! Yaaaaayyyyyy!!
36.gif
36.gif

Skippy-I''m really sorry to hear that you have a bug. Take care of yourself!

Talk to you all after work tomorrow evening!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Danielle - YAYYYYY YAYYYYy YYAYYYYY for your race!! WAY TO GO!!!

Skippy - Feel better!!

Sorry to skip everyone else (but I hope you''re all having a great weekend!!), I just have a min to stop in before I meet some friends out. I did manage to go on a run this morning before I drove back home and it felt gooood. :) And I''m glad I did get some exercise in - today I went WELL over my daily points (but I still have weekly points left, wahoo!) and um...it was worth it (I just hope I''ll be saying that later this week!). I did cut some small corners where I could, but for the most part, accepted that it''s okay to splurge a little. My friend''s shower was wonderful (I am SO happy for her!) but I can''t wait to go home tomorrow morning and start back up with DH stripping paint.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.......It was a nice and relaxing day for me. I slept late. Charlie worked from 9 to 1. We had lunch at a our lttle deli we like, followed by coffee under the oak. We had some rain today, but nothing like the driving rains we''ve had for the last 7 straight days. They say it will be a bit dryer tomorrow. We''ve so needed the rain, but man have we gotten some rain. We read about a restaurant on Madeira Beach, about 45 minutes away and we decided to try it. The review we read was good. The setting was nice. The food on the other hand, was nothing like the review. It was bland at best and very disappointing. At least we tried something new and it was on the water. We stopped off at a different Sbucks for a cup of decaf on the way home. Tomorrow''s going to be a routine Sunday. We''ll have a nice long workout at the gym in the afternoon. My leg was bothering more more today than yesterday. i''m not sure why. Sciatica pain is slow to heal that''s for sure.

Marcy, we all have slip-up days. I''m sure you''ll walk the extra calories off! Enjoy the long weekend!! I''m glad our neck was OK.

I''m glad things are going well for you Lorelei! How''s the weather your way? I hope it''s not ''pants'' for you too.

You go Danielle!! I''m proud of you and it sounds like the rest really helped you run better in the race!!

I''m so sorry to see you''ve caught a bug Skippy. I hope you feel better quickly. Take care, OK.........

Thanks bee*!!! I hope D enjoyed his stag night. Doesn''t sound like you did much harm foodwise, since it was all healthy fare.

I''ll check in tomorrow night. Have a great Sunday everyone........

laurenfischer5

Shiny_Rock
wait what is this? can i do it??

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Friends - well, it is Sunday afternoon for me so 3 am Sat. night for many of you! sorry to have been MIA the last few days, I will play catch up today and start fresh when Ms. Lorelei kicks us off tomorrow
1.gif
I had a very good week exercise wise - Thurs. tennis for an hour (revoltingly hot here, I looked magenta for a solid hour after); Friday I lifted for an hour and then 5K jog; Sat. off; Sunday (today) I finally did BodyPump! loved loved loved it, so glad I tried - although, with all my time in the gym, I was still shy starting a different class, had to go to the teacher and say ''1st time!'' so I could get the correct pile of stuff. It made me braver to try some other classes, I don''t have a friend to go with so I have been (silly) anxious about trying some things -- I think it is my leftover 8th grade gym mentality hanging me up! It is pouring rain all weekend here in HK so we have been entertaining ourselves in our flat - my kids have kept me watching bits on YouTube from ''Britain''s Got Talent'' - there is a little boy who''s a hip hop dancer who is astounding! Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend!

Danielle - so so sorry about your hurt leg
8.gif
you have been doing such amazing training, and am so glad for you that it paid off and you were able to do your race! Woo Hoo!!! for knocking 10 min. off your time, that is WONDERFUL! Now rest!

Lliang - continued dust to you with the job hunt!
36.gif
it is such a long process to go through, hope that you get to finish meeting all the necessary people soon and get an offer! And, hope that the wedding was fun this weekend!

Appletini - yea for you working out during lunch hour and Bikram over the weekend (one of my favorite things to do, I need to get there more often though!)

Tlh - that is awesome that you run each day, esp. in the heat! Congrats on signing up for a road race series, it is always so motivating to have a goal to train towards - good luck!

Skippy - I finally did BodyPump! YAY for your running, you are progressing like crazy!
36.gif
I totally agree, it takes me a good 15 min of running before it suddenly feels like more ''zone'' less tedious work . . . they should tell everyone that when they start! Looser clothes are always the best sign - hope that you are feeling better & get some good rest!

Tacori - so glad T. is having more fun in the group - hurray for Pilates, you have such a good mix of exercise going! (and you motivated me to try a new class
1.gif
)

Bee* - THREE SIZES!! you are amazing - that is so great and you should be so proud, I am sure you looked gorgeous in your dress
1.gif
Your wedding cake sounds like the most delicious cake I have ever heard of, something for every taste - yum!

jcarlylew - keep up the great work! I will have to take a look a Lucy workout gear, I have heard good things but have not tried yet - must look online

Rod - wishing you Dust, Dust, Dust on your venture (whatever it may be!)

Marcyc -goodness you have had hectic days - yea for you for starting a Race for the Cure team!
36.gif
hope your neck is healing up and not bothering you as much

Dee*Jay - go out and rock that bikini! woohoo!
36.gif

Elmorton - congrats on the great week, and the overall loss - that is wonderful! hope the bridal shower was a blast!

Sharon - yea for your run/walk and bike ride - sounds like the weather is a TAD warmer at least! have a good weekend!

White Orchid - HURRAY for you and much congratulations on the pregnancy news!
36.gif
Just think was a great thing you did for you and your baby to have started off your pregnancy in a healthy place, that is awesome - hope you are feeling OK!

Lorelei - consistency is the hardest thing for me, congrats on getting a workout in most nights!

Lauren - this is a great group and it is helping me stay focused!
1.gif

A big hug to all for having a great week - sorry if I missed anyone and I will try to do better on checking in this week!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all!

Thanks Babysteps! I must admit that I have been motivated especially by a very dear PS friend DiamondFan on all this working out! She has done superbly well on the workout front recently and she has inspired me to get going on it! So things are going well and I will do some more tonight.

I hope everyone is having a great holiday weekend
35.gif

LOL Rod - no pants weather THE SUN IS SHINING......
23.gif
Of course there are supposed to be thunderstorms forecast.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi HLT friends.I have sure had a lazy weekend and I even slept in today. My body was going “what, you slept more than 5 hours?”Wow!Marty has been in a golf tournament this weekend and has been getting up really early for that.I go pick him up, have a drink at the club and then we go have lunch.We split a burger today and I had once glass of wine.

I am working on laundry today.Tomorrow I am going to go buy food for the week and make low fat lasagna.I love how many lunches you get out of a pan of lasagna.

I spent pretty much all day yesterday reading my friends new book.It was really good.I was delighted to see my name listed in her acknowledgements in the back of the book under her list of friends.

Lorelei, glad to hear you are working out most nights.If the stupid weather would clear up I am going to start walking down to my parent’s house every night.According to map quest it is .6 miles one way.I thought I could go for a nice walk, visit them and then walk home.The pants weather is here, glad you aren’t having it.

Danielle, I am delighted to hear you were able to run the 5K and congratulations for making it in 10 minutes less than last year.That is amazing.

Skippy, sorry to hear you are sick; get better soon.The spot on my neck is itching but doing a lot better, thanks.

Bee, that is great that you ate healthy food even if you went over your calories.No worries.Glad to hear your rugby team is doing great this year.Cupcakes aren’t bad if you scrape off most of the frosting.

Elmorton, glad the shower was fun.It’s definitely okay to splurge now and then.

Rod, sorry to hear the new restaurant wasn’t great.We tried out a new one yesterday and were disappointed as well plus I hit the spoon in my tomato basil soup and sprayed it all over myself.D’oh!I hate to hear your leg is hurting more.I know nerves and muscles take a long time to heal.

LaurenFischer, we hope you will join the thread.We just talk to each other about our day, our successes and failures at trying to live a healthier lifestyle.

Babysteps, sounds like you had some great workouts this week.Marty will probably be in HK the beginning of June.I hope the rain clears up by then.I have one person signed up on my race for the cure team so far.I am excited.

I am off now to start pulling deal things out of my pots.

Marcy

White Orchid

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone!

Thank you all for the well-wishes. We are very excited! No morning sickness yet, but I''m sooo tired all the time! Standing for longer than a couple minutes makes me a little queasy. We did our weekly weigh-in at work (I haven''t told anyone at work the news yet) and I gained a pound. So far, so good!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
White Orchid, glad you are both excited and really glad to hear you don''t have morning sickness.

BTW, I meant to say I was going out to pull up dead things out of my pots. Since it''s been raining for days everything came out very easy.

Now am am watching "The Reader" on PPV.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Evening! We had another busy day in work today so I''m lying on the cough half asleep now. D''s best man rang me just after midnight last night to say that D wasn''t feeling well. I think that they had too much to drink so they didn''t go out clubbing in the end. Thankfully he''s fine today though. I was really good food wise today until I went to collect Amber from my parents and they had a bbq and I ate quite a bit. It was so tasty though. I hope that you all had a good weekend!

El-it''s definitely ok to splurge occasionally. I think it''s worth it too.

Rod-glad to hear that you had a relaxing day. Sorry to hear that the food was bland. That''s disappointing.

hi lauren! You can definitely join us. Welcome!!

babysteps-thanks for the comments on the cake-all the flavours are so tasty. Glad to had a good week exercise wise! You''re in Australia, aren''t you? We''re going there on our honeymoon.

Marcy-the frosting is my favourite part of the cupcakes-typical!! Glad you had a good sleep. I think I might do a lasagna this week too. I love lasagna.

Talk to you all tomorrow!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Friends; the doc gave me antibiotics so I am suppose to not contagious after 24 hrs which is a good thing because we are celebrating my dad's birthday tonight so I will be at the 28 hr mark when I see them, thank goodness. I have not been really hunger the past couple of days; I am trying to eat all my WW points though so I have been eating bland things like bananas and crackers. thanks for the get better wishes and I am feeling bit better today, just tired. I am feeling sleepy so I might take a nap.
24.gif

We got a lot of rain here so I tried pulling up some weeds and succeeded in the front but in the back we have some big weeds in a hidden area but I think I got started on those too late so I will have to wet those down another day and get busy pulling. I would use weed killer but now that I have a tortoise I don't want to make him sick; I would never be able to forgive myself so I will be pulling them like Marcy. hehe I haven't been working out; maybe I will get a mini walk in tonight? Hope everyone is having a good Memorial weekend
35.gif

ELMORTON, glad you are having a wonderful time!!! YAY for a RUN!!!!!! You are awesome! lol that you can't wait to strip paint. hehe thanks

ROD, your day sounds so nice but sorry about dinner. I hate when that happens; glad you had a nice view though!! Oh no, I am sorry about the leg; sending you a hug, take care. thanks

LAURENFISCHER, hi and welcome we just post daily about our goals and where you need help; this thread is a great support in your health goals. glad you joined us; a new thread starts each Monday and runs a week.

BABYSTEPS, wooo hooo for BodyPump; I bet it was a great workout! I noticed doing weights has showed a little muscle definition to my arms which I never noticed before. You sound like you are in great shape!!!! Yay for your 5k jog. Yay for going to more classes and trying them out; I love classes because they are so inspiring and motivating and there are so many people at different levels and it is totally okay, which is groovy! Your kiddos sound adorable!!

LORELEI, woohooo for upping the workouts and keeping motivated! Kudos to Diamondfan too; I miss her!!!

MARCY, yay for sleeping in!! I love lasagna; glad you had a good read and how sweet of your friend, awww! Wooohooo for walking to your parents each evening.

WHITE ORCHID, glad you are doing well and congrats again on the baby!!!

BEE, glad D is feeling better today. aww, give Amber a big ole hug for me please. yay for being good food wise!! Your honeymoon plans sound wonderful!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Bee, glad to hear D isn’t suffering today from his partying last night.The BBQ sounds great.You should take a cake decorating class, I was pretty sick of frosting by the time I was finished with that.Now my homemade butter frosting that is a PROBLEM for me.Luckily I don’t bake cakes too often.Lasagna is great and we each get 3 lunches out of it too.Four meals for each of us is pretty good for an hour in the kitchen.

Skippy, glad the doctor gave you some antibiotics to help.At least you can help celebrate your dad’s birthday tonight.It was a good day to pull weeds.That is so nice of you to make sure you aren’t hurting your turtle.We have a lawn service for weeds and nutrients and it’s not supposed to make animals sick.We don’t have any pets but our yard has bunnies and I would worry about them.It has beena long time since I just sat down and read a book so it was a treat to just be lazy yesterday.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey......It was a nice day in Tampa today. For the first time in over a week, it didn't rain. It was warm, not blistering hot and it didn't rain. Did I mention "IT DIDN'T RAIN!!! We had breakfast on the terrace which was nice for a change. And we had our poor over dirty cars washed. Poor things. They were so filthy. We had lunch at Panera, coffee under the oak, then we hit the gym. My workout has been significantly altered to not agravate the sicatic nerve, but I worked out the parts that don't hurt really hard. I have found that a modified squat seems to offer some relief from the pain. I've been doing them a lot since I discovered they help. We're going to the gym again tomorrow, then we're thinking of having lobster for a treat tomorrow!

Welcome to our healthy family Lauren!! Of course you can join us........

You go babysteps! You're doing great!! Thanks for the dust!!

Yay for some sunny weather Lorelei!!!!

Good for you sleeping more than 5 hours Marcy. I slept great last night too. It was one of the best nights I've had in a long time. I hope Marty's golf tournament was good. I'm sorry you tried a not very good restaurant as well. Sorry you're having pants weather.........

I'm glad you're doing well WhiteOrchid..........

Aside from perhaps drinking a bit much, I hope D enjoyed his night out bee*

I'm glad you got some antibiotics Skippy and are feeling a bit better. I hope you have fun celebrating your dad's birthday.

I hope everyone has anice Memorial Day tomorrow!!

Where is Kimberly???????

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, I am glad you found some squats that don''t hurt your leg. It sounds like you had a perfect day in Tampa. We are warming up again tonight but there is still rain in the forecast. Woo hoo for a good night''s sleep for you. It''s nice, huh? Marty did great in the first day of the tournament then played horrid today so he is not going to play tomorrow. We are meeting some friends to see Star Trek tomorrow instead. I am so anxious to see it.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, I''m sorry Marty had a horrid day on the links today. I used to have to play golf with clients. It took too much time and I just never really got into it. I tried to get Charlie into it, but that was a bad idea. By the 3rd hole he was already bored and wanted to know when we could leave.........LOL Needless to say, we got rid of our clubs long ago. I hope you enjoy Star Trek as much as I did. I thought it was a lot of fun!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, I think I would find golf very boring too but Marty tends to love it. He gets very frustrated when he plays bad though. I met him for the 19th hole this weekend since his truck isn''t running right now. I am very anxious to see the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results