shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 18th May till 24th May

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone!!!

Didn''t get a workout in but went to the chiropractor. She realigned my wrist and neck and told me to be careful with the "weight on wrist" yoga poses. I''m going to try to hit a hatha class today. I''ve got a 1:30 interview today, hopefully it''ll be okay. I think I''ll get a lot of technical questions so I''m trying to brush up on that.

Dee, Hi there! Bikini sounds awesome. It was only recently that I was comfortable to wear a bikini, but now I feel I need to whip my butt into shape. At least you have an awesome motivator. :)

TLH, you''re such a superwoman for all the miles you log! I wanna be like you!! I don''t think I''d EVER be able to motivate myself to run in AZ. I only recently became tolerant of running and that''s only because I live in Chicago. I grew up in FL and you couldn''t *PAY* me enough to run... But on the flip side, I got really good at swimming & water polo :)

Skip, Yay!!! bike rides, I"m with you I just LOVE them. My mom doesn''t know how to ride a bike so once sis and I took her on a tandem bike. She felt so accomplished!!! My mom is so cute sometimes. Sounds like you had a fun time with your nephew. I agree, kids seem like they have a boundless supply of energy. I wish I could tap into that! So cute you were teaching him how to do jumping jacks.

Bee, 3 dress sizes is AWESOME!!! Good job! I guess I''ll have to wait 2 wks for pictures, but I seriously CAN"T WAIT to see them!

Tacori, glad you''re liking the soreness of pilates. I love that workout sore :) I''m so glad T''s coming out of her shell. Bummer she was all dirty but it''s encouraging that she''s running around and playing with everyone. We''ll be up in Door County, so I don''t think we''ll be going towards Milwaukee. But if we do, I''ll make a mention to stop. I''m bumming rides off my friends since James needs the car for his classes this weekend.

Rod ****DUST****DUST****DUST**** How exciting!!! I really hope things come through for you and Charlie. Keeping everything crossed for you!!!!

Marcy, BIG HUG to you and Mary for your bad days. I hope today is better for both of you. Maybe you can walk around your house with all your gemstone rings on your fingers so they''ll get equal wearing time. Hee hee.

Elmorty, 8 lbs is FREAKING AWESOME!!! You''re such an inspiration!!! I''m stuck and have been stuck @ my weight so now i"m just focusing on getting stronger & more toned! You''re doing FANTASTIC!!!!!

Jcarly, I''m sure carrying around your packs & stuff for camping will be plenty of workout. Otherwise gathering wood for the fire will be a good arm workout. Hope you have fun camping!!!!

Danielle, I''m glad to hear you''re icing and resting your leg. I love lentil soup too and it''s pretty easy to make so it''s winner for me all around. :) Your BBQ sounds fantastic. I think we''re going to grill some mahi mahi my brother''s friend gave me, so it''ll be tasty tasty. :)

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY, I ran 4 miles straight
9.gif
(I did get a sip of water for a couple seconds in between)!!!!!
I warmed up for about 7 mins and then started counting my miles; it felt like the first 2 miles are where you get your groove? hehe Then it is just the zone after; maybe I will find out after doing it a few more times?? I cooled down with a mile walk so 5 miles total. I am so happy to get past my 2 miles. This is my first time ever jogging this much; I use to jog 3 miles in high school for PE but that was many years ago. hehe
2.gif
I came out to about 12 1/2 or 13 mph; I need a stop watch to figure out for certain. Today it was overcast and rained earlier and super cool out so I don't think I could have done this yesterday but it felt GOOD to jog in cool weather, 65 degrees. hehe

I need to run to Trader Joe's and the grocery store. Hope everyone has a Fantastic day!!!!
35.gif

ROD, sending more dust today!!

MARCY, oh you poor sweetie, sounds like a frustrating day for both you and Marty; I hope your day is better today. I love Wendy's; I get the grilled chicken and a side of mandarin oranges!!! I also love their chocolate frosty's. hehehe My anni was in April but my sis's now in May; can you believe my parents had to deal with 2 weddings only 3 weeks apart? hehe lol to the alphabets cereal, cute!!!

DEEJAY, ouch, are your orthotics not right? It took my orthotic guy 3 tries before mine were perfect. Are you stretching a little into your warm up? I am sorry, huge hugs and I hope you feel better soon! Wow, you had a great workout!!! Aw, give the doggies a hug for me and yay for a bathing suit! Haha to the bathing suit on the fridge; I should do that!! You are tiny you don't need to do that. hehe

ELMORTON, that is fabulous woman to losing 3 lbs; you are awesome
36.gif
congrats!!!!

BEE, I have been a day ahead ALL week and it is killing me! YAY for spin and tone!!!! You are awesome!

JCARLY, how about a hike in the woods; it is totally good workout for the booty! Yay for the stairstepper.

DANIELLE, I will cross my fingers and toes and pray you are better by Saturday my inspiring friend!!!! Thank you for the sock suggestions; I love my socks and they make a huge difference!!! Huge hugs you awesome lady you!!! Yum to the barbecue!!!

LISA, glad you are going to the chiro; hugs and hope the wrist feels better soon. Sending lots of PS dust for the interview; sounds like they love you!!! You are fabulous!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Happy day gang
35.gif
!

Run/walk this morning--and a bike ride. Sunny but a little brisk.

Dust to you Rod!
Great run Skippy!
Good on ya DeeJay for the bikini--I actually wore all of mine in Palm Springs last year
9.gif
11.gif

Bee--hope your ecams are over and you are feeling good about them!

Everyone sounds great--shout out to ya''ll!

cheers--Sharon

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/21/2009 11:36:42 AM
Author: Skippy123
YAY, I ran 4 miles straight
9.gif
(I did get a sip of water for a couple seconds in between)!!!!!
I warmed up for about 7 mins and then started counting my miles; it felt like the first 2 miles are where you get your groove? hehe Then it is just the zone after; maybe I will find out after doing it a few more times?? I cooled down with a mile walk so 5 miles total. I am so happy to get past my 2 miles. This is my first time ever jogging this much; I use to jog 3 miles in high school for PE but that was many years ago. hehe
2.gif
I came out to about 12 1/2 or 13 mph; I need a stop watch to figure out for certain. Today it was overcast and rained earlier and super cool out so I don''t think I could have done this yesterday but it felt GOOD to jog in cool weather, 65 degrees. hehe

DANIELLE, I will cross my fingers and toes and pray you are better by Saturday my inspiring friend!!!! Thank you for the sock suggestions; I love my socks and they make a huge difference!!! Huge hugs you awesome lady you!!! Yum to the barbecue!!!

SKIPPY!! 4miles is AWESOME! See, now you already ran farther than a 5k! I am definitely getting my groove in the first 2 miles. If I can get past that point, I always feel looser, better and more comfortable running. I think this is a big reason a lot of people quit running. Nobody is going to go out there on their first run and do 4 miles, so they get to 2 and it still feels bad and they quit! Do you use an ipod while you are running/walking? I have the Nike + (and don''t wear Nike shoes), and I love how it tracks my pace, time and mileage all at once. There are quite a few complaints on the internet about the accuracy, but honestly mine seems to be really accurate and it''s only $30. You are totally going to rock that 5k - just keep going and you will get faster naturally. Good luck on your continued success! Oh, and thanks for the encouragement! Glad the socks are working out!!
36.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Skippy- 2 walks w/ the hubs, that sounds fantastic, sounds lika lot of fun watching the nephew! Sometimes chasing after kiddos can be a workout in and of itself! And 2 miles in chase sounds like it!!! ( I live in AZ - HOT HOT HOT!
emhot.gif
) Your 5 miles are amazing! Great job woman!!! You are a Sheena! GREAT JOB!
36.gif

bee*- 3 sizes, holy cow, that is AWESOME! Your wedding dress motivation is crazy awesome!!!! Your classes sound awesome, and I hope you''ll get to eat some yummy cake! small samples are the best!

Tacori- pilates sounds interesting... shame that I have to work on my flexibility too. (Yoga tonight!) I used to be soo limber - now I struggle to touch my toes. So yes, I do have those ultra tight over worked runner''s hammy''s!
14.gif
I''m glad your daughter had busted through her shell and played with the others... even if it did make her all dirty.

Rod- *dust* I hope your workout is productive and makes you feel GOOD!

marcy- sorry you had a rough day... but sometimes my DH and I have wendy''s, and it is a huge treat for us! So i hope you enjoyed it a lot, my favorite is the chilli! YUMM!

DeeJay- way to do a cardio circuit! That is fabulous!! Be careful w/ your arches, that is how my PF started. I''d have a DR look at them, because it is better to rest for 1-2 weeks - than to be sidelined and in pain for months w/ PT. So I''d just RICE it for a cuople of days and see if the pain, even if a dull ache, improves. WHOO HOO SKIMPY BIKINI! You need to strut around in it and stuff... so you can holla back - though I don''t know exactly what a holla back girl is
33.gif
but I know Gwen S has some killer abs!

Elmorton - FAB NEWS on the 8 pounds! That is awesome! I know for every 4 pounds I lose it ends up being a size difference! (If I was hopping from Women''s to Jr''s sizes! but I''ll take it where I can get it!
2.gif
) So, what is your magic size number? Those 8 pounds, and you might be in another size.... EXCITING!!!!!!

jcarley- so glad you got the poochie out! I''m sure he appreciated the bit of exercise too! And the walking and playing does burn calories... heck when you''re out w/ your dog, you''re not snacking on stuff (I''m a terrible mindless grazer! so getting out of the kitchen pantry is my trick!) You don''t have to run to have a workout... there will be plenty to do walking and hiking! even just walking at a decent pace (not a stroll) will burn calories. Plus with hills and inclines, you could burn 300 calories an hour, and since it is while you are out... it won''t FEEL like exercise! Sounds fun!!!

Danielle - glad you are resting up! I hope you feel better for the run Saturday!

lliang_chi - I am glad you are back in line. I guess firefly and triangle pose are out! Good luck on your interview! Yeah I enjoy swimming, except all the creepy old dudes swimming w/me at the gym.
14.gif
There is this one guy in particular that likes to stretch his groin out on the rope to my lane... I am like - ew that stretch is not speedo friendly buddy! Thanks for giving me props! I totally feel like a slacker in the summer months... but it was 107* yesterday.. and it is only may! I can''t wait until it is 120* (KIDDING!) - but yeah, I totally hole up in the summer months, and my mileage goes down, so your kuddos makes me feel the warm and fuzzies!

canuk-gal - geat job on your duathlon this morning (bike and run!) that is awesome! Good way to work different muscle groups and get your body moving! KUDDOS!

Everyone else - have a TERRIFIC THURSDAY!
35.gif

This morning I got up and ran my usual 30 minutes. It wasn''t as hot this morning THANK GOODNESS. 78* was far easier to take than 88*. Though it is tough w/ my DH taking mornings off to get out of bed while he''s still snoozing next to me. But oh well... I feel empowered when I run - and I can feel the goodness through what I do, and it relaxes me and prepares me for a great day at work. Our walk this morning was nice too. I think it might RAIN!
emthup.gif
Which is awesome, we could really use it! It sprinkled on us a little on the walk over, but I was wearing black so - I wasn''t too worried about people seeing my skivvies. During lunch my and the hubs are going to go for a walk and get some shrimp tacos. YUM! After that we''ll have a relaxing evening... and get ready for our next round of visitors... tomorrow.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I had my first and only PT session of the month...I really needed it! I''m tomorrow...I''m thinking of going to bikram yoga everday over the long weekend but we''ll see.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
appletini - good way to sweat it out! The yoga is awesome! Glad your PT session went well. Have fun this long weekend, and enjoy whatever FUNouts you get in.
9.gif

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Hi all! Stopping in for real now :) It''s been quite a week! On Tuesday, DH and I drove up to Chicago to see Legally Blonde. It was FABULOUS! For the Chicago crowd: we went to a place called Wow Bao (I think it might be a chain) in the theater district for a cheap, quick meal before the show and it was SUPER good. When I got home, I checked out the nutrition info and it was pretty healthy. Yay!

Wednesday was a BIG day - one of my friends was flying out of the airport here, so she came up and spent the night and also went with me to WW, so it was fun to have a buddy with me when I got my first WW sticker. We took Morty to the vet, and he''s back to normal!!! I''m excited to have a healthy kitty AND no more canned food AND we can go back to our reno in the bedroom. My friend and I went to Chili''s for dinner and I did find with my entree, but I hit the chips hard, and I saw it on the scale this morning.
14.gif
So, today I hit the gym after taking her to the airport and spent an hour working out. It felt great!

I''m going back home this weekend and I haaaate going from a food/activity perspective. I''m going to a bridal shower and then seeing my parents, and the ''rents don''t cook and aren''t really wildly supportive of trying to lose weight (they''re happy for losses, but don''t really understand that it takes a lot of work/are overweight also, so it can be uncomfortable).

I got a call awhile ago that my BM dress is in, so after I finish saying Hi I''m going to go pick it up. Keep your fingers crossed for me that it looks ok!

Apple - Glad your PT session could get you moving! Good luck with your weekend plans!

Tlh - Mmm, shrimp tacos sound amazing! I hope it cools down for you. I haven''t really felt my size change yet, though I am noticing that my clothes are fitting just a little better. Usually my summer clothes are a little smaller anyway, because I buy them when I''m in shape, but I am looking forward to that first moment of "Ohmigosh, I need a size smaller!"

Canuk - What an active day!! Great job!

Skippy - EXCELLENT run!!! You''re awesome!!! You''re gonna rock your race!

Lliang - I hope your interview went well!!! Aw, sweet that I''m a motivation for you. I have a lot of weight to lose though, and I think that''s why I''m having success early on -I know it''s not going to get harder as time progresses, not easier. And, I think I might need to watch it a little bit. I got a message on my points tracker today that I''m losing too quickly. Strength and toning is a great goal!! Before my wedding, I didn''t really lose weight, but I had a trainer who worked on toning/strength and I can''t believe how much I simply loved my body. It just felt different, and I know it looked different, too. :)

Danielle - I missed reading about your leg the first cycle through. I''m glad you''re staying off of it now - I know it''s such a bummer (and I love reading your running tips!). Glad you''re feeling up!!

Jcarly - EEEK, I cannot do the stairstepper at all - yep, I can imagine it zonked you out! Re camping: I''ve never done it, but maybe try lifting weights with cans? Yoga would be fun to do, too. Is there water/paddle boats? Have a great weekend!!

Bee - Enjoy your cake tasting!! And 3 dress sizes, that''s amazing!!!! Can''t wait to see pics.

Dee*Jay - Just reading about your workouts makes me exhausted. Way to go!!!!!

Marcy - Sorry your day was a bit of a bummer. I hope today is going much better!!!

Rod - DUST!!!! BIGTIME DUST!!!!!

Tacori - I''m sure you''re doing just fine in pilates! You''ll be bending like that pretty soon, too! Aww, love that T is having a blast during your classes!

Babysteps - Yay for looser shorts!! Keeping working hard - you''re totally right about focusing on the things you can control (food and exercise) so you can see that number on the scale when the time is right! Hope your week got better!

SS - Hope you''re feeling all better now!!!

Addy - Keep walking and heal up! Hope you''re having a great week :)

K, I hope I didn''t skip anyone. If I did, lo siento!
12.gif
Keep up the great work everyone!!!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Elmorton- the show sounds fun w/ the hubs! As well as the fun w/ the happy times - shower etc. Chilli''s gets me w/ the chips too... bottomless chips and salsa - don''t make me BOTTOMLESS... oh well... they are GOOOD! I totally understand about not wanting to visit because of the upset w/ the food/activity disruption of routine. I''m sorry your parents may not be the most supportive, but I''d just see if you can go to restaurants where you can look up the calorie info before hand? Though can be tough w/ the finger foods at showers. I''ll think SKINNY thoughts your way when you try your BM dress on!!!! I''m sure it will look AWESOME! But most importantly - have fun when you are there. I am glad you had a buddy at WW, those meetings are fun, and really inspirational when you can proudly cheer and have your accomplishments cheered on! also, I''m happy your kitty is doing much better!!

The shrimp tacos WERE awesome, and just to be a complete nerd - I didn''t eat the tortilla shells and saved 240 calories! So now I can have some cake or a beer when I come home for dinner!
36.gif

White Orchid

Shiny_Rock
Sorry I haven''t been around the last couple days. I''ve been so tired. I went to the doctor''s today and.... I''m pregnant! So I guess weight loss isn''t a smart goal for me at the moment, but staying healthy couldn''t be more important.

Part of me is a little irked that I''d get pregnant now, after I lost 15 pounds! Now I''m gonna gain it all back...

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Evening everyone! I went to spin class today and it''s my instructor''s day off so it was someone else teaching it and it wasn''t as good. I just love her classes so much. Other than that, I went cake tasting today and we decided on what cake we''re having and we''ve been planning our honeymoon all evening. So excited. Can''t believe that it''s four weeks to go!

Danielle-thank you! I think you''re best to rest your leg for a few days just to let it recover a bit.

lliang-best of luck at your interview! I''m sorry you have to wait 2 weeks!

Skippy-that''s amazing that you can run for so long! Woohooo!!! That''s so brilliant!

Canuk-enjoy your bike ride and run!

tlh-glad you got out for your run and it wasn''t as hot. I sampled all the flavours but they were only tiny bites so I don''t feel bad!

El-sounds like you''re having a really busy week. I''d love to see Legally blonde!

Talk to you all tomorrow evening. We''re going to go to Northern Ireland tomorrow to try and pick a wedding ring for D. Night!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
white orchid~ Congratulations!!!!

1.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
WHITE ORCHID! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
emotion-19.gif

Bee*- cake tasting sounds good. Sorry class wasn''t the best - but huge props for sticking around and pushing through it! A calorie burned is a calorie burned!!!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
eeek! Congrats White Orchid!!!!!!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.One more day till a long weekend.Woo hoo!

I made a doctor appointment for the morning.The spot on my neck where the big mole was cut off is not looking good and rather irritated.I just want to make sure it’s okay.

Guess what I did today?No, I didn’t buy another ring.I formed a race for the cure team for the company we work for.It doesn’t cost the company any money and I thought it would be very cool to have a team from work.Imagine me the captain of a race team.Wow!Of course, I will only be walking but still I am very excited about it.

Bee, I wish it was Friday.You are closer to it than I am though.Have fun cake shopping.After taking the cake decorating class I can really appreciate the work that goes in to decorating cakes.

Jcarly, I love to just go for a walk when we are camping.Have fun on your outing.We cancelled our campout this weekend.It’s going to be rainy and cold again.

Danielle, glad to hear you are pampering yourself a bit and are feeling more chipper today.I have been walking around the neighborhood the last few weeks or at work since we’ve had nice weather.This weekend will be the treadmill again though.It’s going to be cold.

Lisa, sounds like the chiropractor was able to help you today.I hope you don’t have any more problems.Good idea to bring all my rings out to play with them.I could get my steam cleaner out and give them a blast.

Skippy, congratulations for running 4 miles today.You are becoming a regular jogging machine.I remember now you went out for dinner on your anniversary a few weeks ago.Did you and your sister get married the same year?That would be a whirlwind for your family.Frostys are delicious.

Sharon, glad to hear you had a great run / walk today.How is your weather?Colder weather is moving back in here.

Tlh, Wendy’s chilli is great especially on snowy days.I buy a kids meal before school nights sometimes.Just enough for a quick meal and since I don’t eat all my fries in my supper calorie range.Glad you got up early for another run.Have a great time with company this weekend.Yay for saving some calories for a treat.

Appletini, that is nice you had a PT session again.

Elmorton, glad to hear Morty is doing fine.That is great you had a nice time with your friend in town.Don’t worry about food this weekend, just eat what you want but use moderation.Long weekends are rough anyway especially with going out of town.I am sure your BM dress will look great.

White Orchid, congratulations on being pregnant.

Hi Somethingshiny.

Take care.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
good morning everyone, and happy friday! I love having a group to report to! I switched it up last night and hit the elliptical instead (weight loss setting), pushed it to a resitance 4/5(!!) and went for 45 minutes! i had someone next to me on the treadmill, so i just tried to keep up with them. I was sweating bullets by the time i
was done, but it was a good workout!
I am on WW and i just tried their white chocolate rasberry yogurt - i stuck it in the freezer before the walk, and it was the perfect consistancy when i got home. PERFECT DESSERT!

skippy - congrats on running 4 miles! i can''t even imagine doing that (i never was a runner!). and yay for trader joe''s! We have one near our place (walkable) so we love to go there and get dessert
18.gif
. I think we will take hikes, but now i am paranoid about bears
33.gif

canuk - yay for bike rides! I can''t wait till i get a new bike.

THL - thanks! I am a total grazer too. And if i am in a snack-y mood, well.. E just needs to lock up the cabinets.

Elmorton - ooh. good luck with the family. I totally hear you on that one. E''s family is stick thin (and fit, might i add), so this time around i told E not to tell them i was trying to lose weight. last thing i really need is a "special meal" and advice from a (albiet, loving, and VERY supportive family) family not really ever knowing what being over weight is. Oh well - we all have our hang ups, right?

White Orchid - Congrats!!!

bee* - what flavor is the cake?

Marcy - congrats on setting up a team! that is so wonderful!!

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
White Orchid - CONGRATS!! That is super exciting! Best wishes for a happy & healthy 9 months!

Since I am only working a half day today (!!!!), this will be quick!

My leg is feeling a bit worse today. I rested a lot yesterday, but did have to go to the grocery store. I was probably there about an hour (I love leisure grocery shopping, I am weird) When I got home and was sitting with my leg up, I noticed my ankle was feeling kind of tight. So I started doing ankle circles and there was lots of joint cracking. This is fairly normal for me, but it''s caused a bit of soreness this morning. I''m doing one more cycle of icing today, so we will see what happens. I really think my problem is an ankle problem (perhaps some form of tendinitis - wouldn''t surprise me as I have hip bursistis, same side). I guess it''s also time to take a visit to the doctor.

In better news, this afternoon I''m going to check out some shirts for my friends and I to turn into our running "team" shirts. We do most of the races together, so we though it''d be funny to have shirts made up that we could all wear. They are going to be yellow. I''m pretty excited!

tlh - yay for 78 degrees yesterday morning! 10 degrees def. makes a HUGE difference. How nice you and the hubs can walk to work and together!

appletini - yay for personal trainer!!

elmorton - yay for Morty being normal!!! Also - great that you went straigh to the gym after dropping your friend off - way to hop right back on the wagon!

bee - eeeek only 4 weeks to your wedding! I remember the last month before mine flying by, so just try to keep up :). It will be a beautiful day I''m sure!

Marcy - ooh, walking outside is great! I can''t believe how cold it is by you. I don''t think I could personally deal with that. It gets cold in Jersey, but we definitely have 4 distinct seasons so thankfully it doesn''t stay cold TOO long.

jcarlylew - great job on the elliptical!

Ok - I''m going back to work now - have a FAB Friday everyone and a super wonderful exciting weekend!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JCarly, congrats on a great workout. Great idea to try and compete with someone next to you.

Danielle, I hate to hear your ankle is worse. I guess we are both off to the doctor. My mom says we have 9 months of winter and 3 months of darned cold weather here. I have seen it snow every month of the year here. When it rains the temps drop about 30 degrees because even on really hot days the rain is very cold. We do see 80''s, 90''s and even a few 100''s in the summer but those days don''t last long. Your shirts sound great. I think I will add that to my race for the cure letter at work today to let me know if they want to order a shirt with our company name on it. They would have to pay for it but I think that would be cool.
Have a great day.
35.gif

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
White Orchid!!! Huge news! Congratulations!!!! We''re here to cheer you on your healthy lifestyle & there''s a few ladies here who''s goals are to loose baby weight. I''m sending you big hugs!!!!

Bee, hope you cake tasting was fun. Mmmm... cake

Skip, 4 miles is AWESOME!!!!

Elmorty, You''re doing so fantastic! Rock on, girlie!!!

Apple, woo hoo another bikram-er! :) I love doing yoga, but I haven''t gone in a while.

TLH, shrimp tacos sound fab! Hooray for using your points on some extra tasty treats.

Marcy! AWESOME with the race team!!! You''re an inspiration to us all!

Jcarly, wow, frozen yogurt! THat''s fantastic!!!!

Danielle, I hope your shin & ankle get better. My sis just twisted her ankle yesterday.

I''m off to Door County, WI for a wedding. It got a lot cooler here so I''m going to try to run a bit in the AM while I''m out there. Some friends and I have rented a house for the weekend. :)

tlh

Ideal_Rock
marcy- I hope that everything checks out alright. Team captain for work! YOU GO GIRL! That is AWESOME!
36.gif

jcarley - way to push yourself on the elptical! I do the same thing when I'm at the gym... I will outlast you... I will outlast you... I will outlast you... yeah, that is my MANTRA! That desert sounds delISH! YUMMMM! I love WW deserts, they are perfectly sized and don't make me feel as guilty eating them! I like their carrot cake ones too, and I usually hate desert w/ veggies in them!
28.gif

Danielle - Oh I hope hope hope it isn't bursitis! I had bursitis in my knee that took me months to heal up... seeing that you have it in your hip, sounds like a change of pace might be in order... do you belong to a gym where you can swim? (though that can agg a hip just as bad...) I know I did this stuff called isophoresis (sp?) where they put an anti-inflammitory drug under neath electrodes and they applied it to the skin over the bursae. (I didn't want cortisone shots.) It did break down the skin - as much as 4 vials of medicine and some electricity would expect... but it really, REALLY helped a lot. maybe some PT would help heal this. I know it really helped my recovery process A LOT! Anyway, huge hugs - just remember, this is only ONE RACE, you have your body FOREVER.

lliang_chi - enjoy your run, and have a great time at the wedding!!!!

This morning it was RAINING... YAY! It cooled things down a lot. It was only 66* this morning. I didn't run as I have a 5k in the morning and I needed to rest up. I was a little bummed that it was pouring and I couldn't walk to work... but eh, I'll take the cooler weather for tomorrow's run! (It is cooling things down over 20* YIPPEE!!!!) I'm prepping for my company, and have been MAJORLY cutting back on my calories in prep for this weekends binge-fest. Even though I dont PLAN on binging... Mexican food is my weakness... and nibbling is my weakness.. and never ending bowls of chips and salsa, when I'm having my judgement impaired by 700 calorie margaritas... sigh... so, knowing that, I'm drinkning protein shakes for breakfast AND lunch today.... I have my veggie and fruit snacks for later, so, I'll try to be good today, before the monster behind my belly button takes over completely.

Everyone, have a fantastic 3 day weekend! Stay strong... pool parties make it tough. Focus on the watermelon (ask if there is VODKA IN IT!), and veggie trays, if getting a burger, maybe skip the bun to make room for CHIPS, COOKIES, CAKE, ALCOHOL, whatever it is that is your weakness... I'll try to check in this weekend...
35.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I got up early today and went to Bikram yoga and then went on a 30 min walk when I got home.

white orchid, Congratulations!

Danielle, I hope the ankle gets better

Rod, Lots of dust and I can''t wait to hear your good news!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good afternoon, it has been raining here the past couple days and it should rain tomorrow and Sunday too; it feels like England weather. hehe
1.gif
I love it!!!
I bought some new Asics running shoes; Holabird was getting rid of the cumulus 10 to make room for the 11's so I bought a pair even though I have a fairly new pair already. Hubby and I also did some grocery shopping; we bought some chicken breasts to grill, fresh corn, ingredients to make fresh salsa and some boca burgers.
3.gif
I also bought some gorgeous roses for my mom and sister but I called them so I could drop them off but I can't find either of them; I guess I have to wait to deliver them. hehe Maybe I should keep them
2.gif

I will probably go for a nice long walk this evening if the rain dies down and also do push ups and sit ups and some lower back. Tomorrow is my weigh in at Weight watchers; I think I lost some weight because my clothes are feeling a bit loose, yippee, even my workout clothes. Hope everyone has a wonderful Memorial Weekend
9.gif

SHARON, thanks! yay for your run/walk and bike ride!

DANIELLE, aww, huge hugs and hope the ankle feels better soon; I am glad you are going to the doctor. sending lots of healing vibes/thoughts your way, honey. Thank you for the kudos and all your tips; they really help big time, you are awesome! I will have to look into the Nike +; where do you put it? Oh another question, do you wear something to store your ipod when you jog? I just hold my ipod in my hand. Oh that is good to know about the first 2 miles. That makes so much sense why people quit running; those 2 miles are tough.

TLH, that is so cool you are my neighbor
2.gif
I love AZ, love the Grand Canyon and Sedona is one of my favorite places! hehe Thanks for the kudos and all your wonderful tips on running; you are very encouraging and awesome!!! You are such a champ, wooo wooooo!!!! heehe to the holla back girl; I don't know exactly what that means but I do love Gwen!!! Awesome on your morning run in 78 degrees!!! Has it cooled down? Yay for rain!!!

APPLE, woo for PT and yoga!!!

ELMORTON, oh I want to see Legally Blonde, I loved the movies!!!! Hope your weekend is fabulous and you will do great!!! Thanks for the kudos. Yay for your BM dress; I bet you look fabulous!!!

WHITE ORCHID, wooo hooo congrats on being preggo, that is wonderful news
36.gif

BEE, yum to cake, which flavor?? Where are you going for your honeymoon? how exciting!!!!!!! Yay!!! Yay for spin but sorry it was a sub.

MARCY, ouch, you poor sweetie, hope the doc fixes you up. YAY for doing a race and being the leader!!
36.gif
Are people signing up? Maybe you could send out an email to get people on your team, woo hooo!!! thanks for the kudos on my run; yes, my sis and I got married in 2000. I thought we should of had a double wedding but they weren't game. oh well. hehe

JCARLY, happy friday! woo hooo to 4/5 on the elliptical! sounds like a kick butt workout!! thanks for the kudos; I only ran in high school so I never thought I would jog again but Weight Watchers has a walking or running challenge and I thought since I was sprinting in my Sports challenge class I should try jogging. You should try it!!! that is awesome you have a Trader joes you can walk to, I love that place
18.gif

LISA, oh my gosh, that is the cutest about your mom riding with you; your family sounds wonderful and like lots of fun!!! thanks for the kudos, you are so sweet! Have a fabulous time at the wedding!!! Yay for some AM runs; you are awesome!!!

KIMI, hi friend!!!! I miss you!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Evening everyone! We''re back from our trip up North and are so tired. We ordered D''s wedding ring so he''s thrilled that he found one that he liked-it''s platinum with a tiny strip thing down the middle. It was my favourite one too so we both love it. I got some hair clips for the wedding day and I started buying the little pressies that are going into the bridesmaid gift baskets. Had fish and chips for lunch and it was so tasty! Haven''t been hungry since.
For those that asked about our cake, we''re having four tiers-I''ll post a picture of it on BWW tomorrow. The biggest tier is chocolate biscuit cake, the next one up is chocolate madeira cake, then lemon madeira cake then fruit cake. I wast a slice of all of them as they''re all really tasty! Today was my day off the gym and I probably won''t be able to get there over the weekend as I''m in work so not happy about that!

White Orchid-congrats on your pregnancy! That''s amazing news!

marcy-congrats on being race team captain! That''s brilliant!!

jcarly-that''s brilliant that you did 45 mins on the elliptical! Your yogurt sounds delicious!

thanks Danielle-I can''t wait for it. Sorry to hear that your leg is worse. Hopefully the doctor will be able to help.

lliang-enjoy the wedding! Sounds like a good weekend!

tlh-I adore mexican food-it''s my favourite! Have a great weekend!

Skippy-that dinner sounds amazing! Yay for new runners too. We''re going to go to Singapore and Australia for our honeymoon. We decided last night that instead of going to Thailand and Malaysia we wanted to go to the east coast of Australia so we can''t wait!!

Talk to you all tomorrow evening!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Hi all! Not a lot of news here - had a very lazy friday. When I woke up, my abs and legs were really stiff, so I skipped the morning workout. In my AM haze, I was planning on taking a class this evening, but I forgot that it''s Friday and there aren''t evening classes. Oh well. My body probably needs some rest, since I''ve been running kinda hard this week. I leave tomorrow morning to go home for my friend''s bridal shower, but I''m going to try to sneak in a run (aka jog/walk) in the park tomorrow morning before I go. I spent my day making some beaded jewelry and then I went to the mall and spent some of my "losing weight clothes fund" on a couple pairs of linen shorts - which were pretty cute, so I''m excited! It''s fun shopping while losing weight, I think...even though some clothes didn''t look great, I just shook it off and thought "eh, but they''ll look fab in a couple of months when they''re on clearance!" haha. Dinner was on my own, so I just whipped up a simple grilled chicken salad with tomatoes and fresh mozz with balsamic vinegar and a splash of olive oil and had a glass of white wine. Mmmmm!

Re: the BM dress - it fits through the hips/waist, but is REALLY big in the top (it was ordered in a couples sizes larger than I need in the chest b/c of my hip measurement, so I expected this). But, that''s what tailors are for! I think it will be pretty cute once I get it altered.

Tlh - Seriously, we would have been FINE except the waitress brought out a second basket! I really should have thought ahead and just said we needed one. Unfortunately, the restaurants my parents would likely take me to are local places, but I''m still thinking ahead - I think I can do OK by sticking with lean protein and just asking some ingredients to be ditched. Plus, I haven''t really touched my weekly points this week, so even if I indulge on Sat, I know that Sunday and Monday will go fine, since DH and I aren''t planning any mem day cookouts (and we''re supposed to get rain! ick!). Good job on saving your calories!! I''m a taco fiend, so I''m not sure I could go without the tortilla. I just found a great substitute though - sprouted grain tortillas by Ezekiel 4:1 (I think that''s the brand - they''re in the health food section at my grocery store). They''re packed with goodness, so guilt free :) and, most importantly, BEST OF LUCK with your 5k tomorrow!!!!!! You''ll do great!!!

Bee - Your honeymoon sounds AMAZING!!! And the cake sounds fantastic too. Ugh, I am so jealous!! You are going to have such a beautiful wedding. I can''t wait to see your photos :)

Marcy - That is AWESOME about being a team captain for Race for the Cure!!!!!! Wahoo!!! I was planning on signing up here, but I ended up with a scheduling conflict.
7.gif
It''s so awesome that you''re not only being active but really making a difference in finding a cure for breast cancer. Good for you!!!!

Jcarlylew- Nice workout!!! I love having this group, too. While I think WW is helping me a lot too, I feel like I rely on this group a lot more than I do the meetings. I just discovered the WW icecream cups - mint chocolate chip is my weakness and it was super good (2 pts!). I want to try your yogurt in the freezer trick though, sounds delish!! Your inlaws sound sweet, but I understand what you''re saying.
4.gif
My ILs are actually a lot more supportive than my own parents because they live a lot healthier and understand not only having issues with food, but working hard to stay in shape, since they''ve been there. It''s easier to talk about with them.

Danielle - Haha, you are weird! I hate grocery shopping. I hope you can get some good news about the ankle, though! Aw, love your yellow race T''s!

Lliang - Ooooh, enjoy Door County!! I bet it''s gorgeous right now - and you''ll have beautiful scenery for your morning run!

Apple - What exactly is Bikram yoga? You''ve had a very active day!!!

Skippy - Yay for new shoes!!!! I freaking love asics. Aww, sweet about the roses, and your mem day weekend menu sounds excellent! Good luck at your weigh in, and yay for looser clothes, too!!

Have a great memorial day weekend, everyone!!!
35.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW, so many posts since I checked in Wednesday night! I love seeing the energy and reading everyone''s healthy efforts. I just don''t seem to be able to respond to everyone individually anymore. I had my chiro appointment after work last night, then went to the gym. Immediately after my chiro appointments my leg actually seems to hurt a bit more. Maybe it''s the twisting of my spine. But today has been the best day yet with leg. It still hurts, but not pain to the point of tears kind of pain. I did take the day off from work and am off Tuesday as well. I did virtually nothing today, which is just what I needed. I''m not sure what we''ll do the rest of the weekend, but it will surely include some gym time.

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR THE PS FAIRY DUST!!!!! I''ll let you know if did the trick as soon as I can.

YAYAY for running 4 miles Skippy!!! That''s longer than a 5K, so you know you can do one of those now!!

Marcy, I hope the place on your neck is OK. I''m glad you''re going back to the see the doctor and have it checked out.

CONGRATULATIONS WHITE ORCHID!!! How exciting!!!

Yay for sweating buckets on the elliptical jcarly! I so want my leg to get better so I can get back on the elliptical.

I hope your leg is feeling beter Danielle.....

Have fun in WI lliang!

Good luck on your 5K tlh!!

Thanks apple. I hope I have good news to report after asking for dust. Only time will tell.........

I''m glad you both like D''s wedding ring bee*!!

Yay for a lazy Friday Elmorton. It''s what I did today as well.........

I''ll try to check in tomorrow night. We may go to a restaurant on the beach tomorrow night! Happy Holiday Weekend Everyone!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
elm,
bikram yoga is hot yoga the room is heated to 105 degrees and its a 90 minute class. Very intense. I wish I could make it a regular commitment but its so time consuming. I''ve done it off/on for 4 years.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Happy Friday.I am very excited for a long weekend.I did not do well today on food.I had a donut at work then the in-laws called and wanted us to meet them for supper so we had Mexican for supper.Chips, salsa, wine and tacos.Good stuff but bad on the butt.Tomorrow I will go for a nice long walk.I can’t right now it’s raining.

I spent my day today dealing with personnel issues at work.I finally pulled them in a room and just made them talk.I think things will be better next week.I hope so.

I was about to go have my hair cut off length wise to keep it off the spot on my neck but the doctor said it was fine, just wash it in the shower and leave it alone.The bandages I have kept on it gave me a horrid rash around it and that is what is bothering me.

Lisa, have a blast at the wedding this weekend.Thanks for the kind words.I was showing some people at work today a picture of me at my heaviest; they said they would never in a million years think that was me.I had some interest at work today so hopefully we will get a great turnout this summer for the race.

TLH, I was so glad the spot on my neck is okay.She took a picture of the rash and showed it to me, no wonder my neck has been bothering me.I am sure it will clear up in no time.Good luck with your 5K tomorrow.Those chips and salsa are killers for me too.I ate more than I should tonight.You get there, you are hungry and you get some alcohol and look out.Great tips on saving room for goodies this weekend.

Appletini, great way to start the day with yoga and a walk.

Skippy, we got a lot of rain tonight with some small hail tonight. We are both having pants weather. Ascis are great shoes.That is very sweet of you to get your mom and sister roses.Good luck at your WW weigh in.I am very excited to start the team for work.I got a lot of questions, calls and emails and several people assured me they were signing up.It will be so much fun.A double wedding would have been very cool but this way you each had your own wedding which is nice as well.

Bee, the wedding ring for your fiancé sounds really nice.Your cake sounds amazing with some great flavors.

Elmorton, it is fun to find bargains and skinny clothes.I am glad you are taking a day off it sounds like your body is ready for some relaxation.Have fun at the shower tomorrow.I am sure the BM dress will fit perfectly.Thank you for the nice words about my team and joining in on the race.I am looking forward to it.

Rod, enjoy your long weekend.I sure hope your leg gets better soon.I think you deserve a day of doing absolutely nothing.You work hard and workout all the time.

Have a great weekend.

Marcy

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all!

I am doing well and working out most nights, so things are going well my end!

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Just a quick check in and will write more tomorrow, but I was able to run in the race!!! I am sooooo happy I took all the rest days and really took care of my leg. My ankle is feeling pretty good, but I am icing just in case!

I don''t know my official chip time (and I forgot to stop my Nike + b/c I was too busy sprinting at the end), but my clock time was just under 57 minutes (5 miles). This means I cut 10 minutes off my time from last year! Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I felt I was going a little slower than in my 5ks, but it felt comfortable, my leg felt good and I met all of my goals. Next year, under 55!
36.gif

Hope everyone is having a fab weekend! tlh - hope the 5k was good!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
hi friends I dropped of the roses to my moms while I was there I felt achy and chilled; it turns I caught some bug. we have a graduation to attend but we won't be going, oh well. it is dark and rainy so maybe it is a good weekend to get sick. hehe I think i lost a couple of lbs according to my scale; I will have to go weigh in some other time. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!!!

ROD, sending you lots of dust and hope you and Charlie enjoy your weekend and your days off friend.

MARCY, hope heal soon, sorry about the bandage, no fun. awesome to rallying everyone up for such a great cause, wooo hoo.

DANIELLE, AWESOME woman; I am so happy you got to run!!!! You are so inspiring and for sure a super star in your run and cutting off 10 mins!!!!
36.gif
HUGS for a great race! so glad the your leg is doing better.

TLH, I missed the 5k in your post; wooo hooo woman!!! You are superwoman!!! Enjoy your weekend of yummy food and activities.

LORELEI, awesome on the workouts and doing well friend!

BEE, the cakes sound delicious! aw, the ring sounds gorgeous; enjoy your weekend.

ELMORTON, woo hooo for smaller shorts; you are doing so fabulous!!!!! A break is good; have a good weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results