shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 18th May till 24th May

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good afternoon Friends!!!
9.gif
I got up early and walked 4 miles; it was so nice to walk after a hard rain.
emrainbow.gif
I was suppose to do muscle hour but I was more in the mood for a walk. Hubby and I met for lunch; he had pho and I chicken lemon grass bun, mmmmm (salad, noodles, bean sprouts, thin slices chicken and a little bit of peanuts). Today I went and tried on some clothes because I noticed my smaller clothes are baggy (yay); I didn't find anything I wanted so I will look else where. hehe

HAVE A GREAT DAY
35.gif
Yay for all our healthy Strides
1.gif
this group is awesome!

ROD, glad your leg is hurting less but hoping it goes away soon. Oh yum for sushi!!!! I have been on a Vietnamese kick lately or usually we would have had sushi a few times already. Yay for Rods awesome Tues gym workout!!!

MARCY, yay for getting back on track, sounds like you are doing great maintaining, awesome lady! woo for bling!

APPLE, grea job on the run/jog!

ZOE, praying you find a job out there so you can be with your hubby, congrats!!! Yay for being out there with Tacori and Princesss!

JCARLYLEW, awesome on your workouts! keep up the good work! Maybe on the stairstep squeeze your butt and hold in your tummy for a bit of core strength?

LISA, oh your weekend sounds marvolous; awww, that is so sweet to have a nice party for you and your sis!!! Congrats on the new cousin, I bet the baby is so cute! Glad you had a wonderful birthday!!! I think it is so cool you have a twin! Target is a dangerous place, they have so many cute things. hehe How is the weather in Chicago?

TLH, hehe to liking Target workout clothes too; some things are so cute and nicely constructed to last awhile! Oh wow, that is good to know about lightning and thunder. Wow, for running a marathon in a downpour; you are a superwoman runner, wooo hoooo!!!!! You are so inspiring; glad you are in this thread
9.gif
Oh no to the rain! Yay for getting back on track eating wise; I understand the feeling of wanting to be back in control! I am pretty good at getting 5 veggies and fruit a day; I think it is just the dreaded month friend, sorry tmi so I was snacky but glad the snacky tooth didn't last too long.

SS, oh you poor sweetie; hope you feel better soon. huge hugs. Oh I have to tell you too, that you are a very pretty lady; I saw your post in that other thread.

BEE, woo hooo, spin is killer; I have only done it a few times but those instructors are brutal. I remember the instructor said we are going up a hill tighten the tension; I pretended to tighten it! I was dying before the tighten so there was no way I was going to do it. hahah Yay for toning class too; you are awesome!!! Enjoy your spaghetti tonight!

ADDY, you poor sweetie take care of your foot!!! huge hugs

tlh

Ideal_Rock
bee* - you are superwoman! Spin AND tone workouts! Man you are making me feel lazy. I need to kick my own booty and step into high gear!
9.gif
And I bet your calves are awesome, horseback riding is difficult, and can really tone them up... I just think the riding boots are tough to fit anyone!

Addy - I hate it when the feet hurt. But it can be best to rest through an injury, as some issues "pushing through the pain" can be really stupid, and can require surgery if not allowed to heal properly. So sometimes, sitting on your bum and eating cookies can be a good thing! You could always try squeezing your butt cheekies and holding for 30 seconds and repeating through commercial breaks - as well as putting a tennis ball between your knees and squeezing... I also like to do arm curls w/ my gallons of milk when I prep dinner - I look stupid, but I figure I like to squeeze in a fitness routine anytmie I can! I am excited that you were out and walking - no matter the speed. That is fantastic! Try not to push yourself too hard though, (if it is PF - you want to make sure that heals completely before begininng again, and then start SLOW!!)

Skippy - wowie woman, you are AWESOME! 4 miles is great! Look at your build your mileage! That is fantastic! I''ll take that 400 calorie burn anyday! Lunch sounds good too... mmm! It is also pretty cool that you''re shopping for new clothes. I love the feeling of small clothes being too baggy. Really makes me smile!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
thanks for the tips everyone!

I dont use the handle bars that much at all (i read up on it, before i tried it out). and it IS killer. i think today i might do 30 min stair stepper and then elpitical. unfortunately i cannot run due to my foot. i dont want to risk it before going on vacation.

today is "legs" on the weight machine. maybe i will go swiming instead
9.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy, I have been eating OUT of my calorie range. I seem to not be able to step away from the chocolate cookies.
20.gif
I bought some from Target a week or two ago and hate them. Too loose and too long. Yay for needing new clothes. You are doing awesome.

Rod, glad the leg seems to be getting better. Hope you had a great "uber" workout tonight. I am doing much better. I seem to be moving from the "I am so upset I can''t eat" stress to the "WHERE ARE THE COOKIES?!" stress. Haha. All joking aside I am doing much better. Thanks.

marcy, T loves those letter cookies. They are my bribe if she is getting fussy while we run errands. Welcome to the EC club. I love mine. Thanks for the compliment. I love the sapphires too.

Zoe, I am excited for you guys! You didn''t seem to want to leave when I met you. Soon you won''t have to!

jcarly, the stairmaster scares me b/c the LAST think I want is to build a lot of muscles there. Hopefully someone will chime in with some help.

lliang, yay on the new cousin! Good luck with the interview!

tlh, I survived ANOTHER class by myself. Oh the inner peace shines brightly
2.gif
I have some shorts I like but they are too short for Zumba. We do a lot of kicking and stuff. I''ll have to try another brand of shorts at target. Maybe something with stretch in them. I really love ON yoga pants so maybe they have a shorts version. My legs aren''t my problem area but I am too old for short shorts.
3.gif
Thanks for the link!

SS, hope you feel better soon!

bee, two plus hours of working out! You deserve that spaghetti girl!

Addy, hope your foot gets better soon!

Went to Zumba tonight. I spied on T on the play ground and she looked so little and lost. She just stood their staring at all the bigger kids running around. Hopefully she will loosen up soon. She freaked when I picked her up (as always). Tomorrow is pilates (sure I will look stupid again. Oh well) and then we are having FIL over for dinner.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I think I'm about to have my HLT card revoked...

I got up this morning, walked 1.7 miles to a track over by the lake, went around 4 times (so 1 mile), decided I just "wasn't feelin' it" and walked home. Via starbucks. So there! (Am I in trouble?!?)

I did go to about a dozen stores today looking for patio furniture and bought and planted six window boxes of flowers on the balcony outside of our kitchen, so I did do *something* (but not much...
3.gif
)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dee*Jay, you need to leave and never come back
2.gif
Hey, a mile is a mile. You deserve a break! Hope you found some furniture you love.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes DeeJay, you''re in BIG trouble!! LOL

Hey........"uber" day. Worked hard, set up some interviews (that''s a good thing) and made it to the gym around 6:30. It was a good workout, but I really do miss the elliptical. But, by avoiding it and many of the leg exercises I was doing is helping. At least I''m working hard on my upper body!! No gym for me tomorrow. We''ll have dinner at home tomorrow night. It''s really been rainy down here. Unusually rainy. Like all day rainy. Weird weather for Florida and particularly odd for May, which is one of the driest months of the year.

ZOE, I''m so excited for you guys!!! I hope you don''t have to live apart very long. We''ve done that on more than one occassion and it''s tough, but you''ll get through it. Please give D my hearfelt congratulations!!!!

I know I owe so many of you an indvidual hello. It''s just late and I''m beat and need to shut down and get some rest. I''ll do a better job tomorrow night.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.I hope you had a great day.I went to a book signing tonight; a friend of mine just had her second book published.She had a great turnout.I stood in line for over an hour but wanted to get her new book and have her sign it for me.

Appletini, glad to hear you had some nice weather for a walk/jog.It was lovely here today as well.

Zoe, congratulations for your husband getting a new job.I hope you can find a job there too so you won’t have to stay and teach another year away from him.

Jcarly, congratulations for making it through 30 minutes on the stair stepper.

Lisa, congratulations on the newest member of your family being born.I hope your interview went well.Your diamond and your ring is very pretty.

Tlh, I don’t have much problem sticking to my calories during the week but the weekends I am not so structured.I am sure your blueberry cake was good too.I hate when I go to make something and can’t find the pan.I am glad you hadn’t walked too far when it started raining.Where I live the rain is very cold too.

Somethingshiny, I hope you are completely recovered soon.

Bee, enjoy your spaghetti.Sounds like you had some great workouts.

Addy, I am sorry to hear about your foot.I hope it gets better soon but take care of it in the mean time.

Skippy, how wonderful your small clothes are baggy.

36.gif
Woo hoo!That is awesome.How fun to go clothing shopping.You are very dedicated to put in 4 miles early today.

Tacori, glad to hear you are doing better.I have fun with the letter cookies looking for funny words.They are a good bribe for Tessa.I am excited to join the EC club.

DeeJay, no way are we revoking your card.I love to hear about your day.You walked a mile and that is always a good thing.What’s a little Starbucks?Have fun patio furniture shopping.What kind of flowers did you plant?

Rod, that is great to hear you are still scheduling interviews.I hope your day tomorrow isn’t an uber long day for you.

Take care.

Marcy

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning everyone! I''m so excited today as I go in for my first fitting today-woohooooo!! I can''t wait to try my dress on again as it''s been November since I last saw it. I got up early today and I''m going to go to the gym and do a work out and then step class. Nothing like a wedding dress to give you motivation to work out
3.gif
Spaghetti was delicious yesterday-I had an extra big portion as I was so hungry. Not sure what I''m going to have today as I have to go to work after the fitting so I might just pick up a salad on the way. Talk to you all later!

Skippy-that lunch out sounds fab! I always try to turn the resistance down on the spin bike too but it''s my b*tchy instructor that teaches it and she hops off her own bike to turn it up! She never lets me slack.

tlh-thank you. I''m just really enjoying the gym at the moment! lol-I skimmed through your advice to Addy and all I saw was put a tennis ball between your cheekies
6.gif
Must learn to read things better.

jcarly-hope you enjoyed legs day!!

Tacori-aww poor Tessa standing there. Enjoy pilates today!

Dee*Jay-it depends on what you had in starbucks as to how much trouble you''re in
3.gif

Rod-hope you got some decent sleep last night. You seem to be working so hard!

Marcy-that''s so cool that your friend published her second book.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
sadly, i did not do legs yesterday. but i did do 30 minutes of the stair stepper (increased the resistance one level too!) and 10 minutes on the treadmill. I was worn out by the time i got home yesterday, so i pushe dmyself to do at least 15 minutes. i figured if i just went to the gym and did that much, i made an attempt. fortunately Real Housewifes NY aftershow was on
9.gif
40 minutes went by in no time!!

and then i promptly went to bed and fell asleep.

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Wednesday friends! Tuesday was an off day for me, but today I squeezed in an hour of weight training and a spin class (yay!) but the favorite instructor was out (boo!) - I kind of felt bad for the sub, you could just SEE the bummed look on some faces. Anyway, 500 calories is 500 calories whether you love the music or not! So it was a good hour
1.gif
I put on some shorts today that were looser -
36.gif
- but I have decided not to get on the scale yet . . .I am just too attached to that plateau number and I want to just keep up with all my hard-earned good habits and plow through it mentally - I have decided to wait and weigh in for myself right before my move home; I need to be less focused on a certain number and have faith that it will come, and in the meantime the diet and exercise is the daily goal.

bee* - spin AND step in a day - wowza! that is awesome!

lorelei - hope you are having a good week with your new elliptical machine!
36.gif

White Orchid - hope you had a great day off with your DH - those are SO nice to have!

Elmorton - I''m jealous, I think you had a perfect Spring weekend!!! Good food, good entertainment, good relaxing - perfection! I keep wanting to do BodyPump too but the timing hasn''t worked out yet for me - the classes are at tough times. I think it would be a great way to get more confidence w/ weights.

tlh - I totally sympathize, I have the hardest time keeping on routine when company is in town - it can be nearly impossible to manage and I think you did an amazing job getting your workouts in!
36.gif
And, what a great wife to help DH get up and out at the that hour for the triathalon, now that''s love!

Danielle - Yay for summer hours, I loved them so much when I was working in NYC, it felt like Camp on Fridays!
Hope you are having a better time sleeping so far this week!

Appletini - so glad you had a great anniversary trip, Savannah is so beautiful
1.gif

Tacori - I am sorry that you are going through such a stressful time! I hope that things continue to improve for you - and sometimes a chocolate cookie is good compared to some other potentially bad stress relievers! Good luck on the shorts hunt - I LOATHE my knees (even when I am thin, they are - doughy)
39.gif
so I wear Nike capris - for every activity!!

Skippy - I do that at Target too! (How I manage to spend $250 and NOT get the item I came for is one of the mysteries of Target - my bank account has profited from my being overseas with no Targets this year!) Hurray for needing smaller clothes - what a great feeling!
36.gif

Rod - hope that you continue to feel better with the leg - progress can be hard when it is slow, I think you are being really patient and it will pay off in the long run! Hope the sun comes back out soon!

Marcyc - I''m so glad you are loving your beauty of a new ring!
1.gif
I would just sit and look at my hand! That is very cool that your friend had a book signing
34.gif

ZoeBartlett - wow, life is busy for you! I love NC - what a great place to live - good luck sorting out all the details of moving, it is always crazy, especially when you have a tight timeframe - hang in there!

jcarlylew - congrats on keeping up your routine everyday, especially when you are feeling tired, that is great! The stairstepper totally kicks my tushie, I think it is the hardest cardio machine.

Lisa - Happy B''day and how fun to have a new baby in the family! How did your interview go! (thinking good thought for you!)

Somethingshiny and Addy - hope you are both feeling much better soon!

Dee*Jay - you still manage mileage on an ''off day''! You rock - and remember, it ALL counts! Did you end up buying furniture?

Just reading this thread is very inspirational, everyone is getting such good exercise in while being so incredibly busy in so many ways - have a wonderful rest of the week!
35.gif

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
I''m sorry in advance for the depressing, self-centered post I''m about to write.

I went out running yesterday with a plan of doing at least 5.5 miles (run plan said 6.5, but I was waiting to see how I felt since the race is Saturday). I start running and my left shin/ankle is hurting a little bit. This happened to me last week, but it just felt tight then so I took it slow and it eventually loosened up (and didn''t cause issues wed, thurs or sat when I ran last week). Well yesterday it kept getting progressively worse and after 2 miles I just had to stop. My leg was throbbing and I was limping even to just walk. I was about 1/2 mile from my car, so I started walking back and just burst out crying! I was so upset that I was possibly injured and not only would I def. not make my time goals for the race Saturday I wasn''t even sure if I should run at all. I met up with my hubby pretty close to the car and got the car key and kept walking back to the car (and was crying so much I''m not sure he even heard whaht I was saying, haha). My leg was feeling a bit better so I decided to try and run again for at least another mile or so. Basically I could run so slow that it was a fast walk practically. I did about another 1.5 miles, but I don''t even feel like I got a workout! When we got home, I iced my leg and sat on the couch with it up for 3 hours or so.

When I went to bed last night, it was still a pretty dull ache. This morning, it still hurts. I have an ice pack on my ankle now and have an ace bandage at work to wrap it up later and I have my foot up on my recycling bin. It doesn''t hurt when I''m walking around and only feels a little tender. *sigh* I guess I will rest a bit for the rest of the week and maybe do other workouts besides running (or no workouts at all??) and just attempt Saturday and if it''s bad, just stop. I don''t know if it''s shin splints or some other weird injury. I would say I tend to get overuse injuries pretty easily (bad joint genetics), but I dunno. I am sooooo disappointed and for whatever illogical reason ridiculously upset over this.

Hope everyone else is having a better day!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Danielle, I''m so sorry your shin''s hurting you! Definitely rest up on it, ice & take some ibuprofren. I''d limit myself to short runs or do some other form of cardio, not running. It could just be a fatigue thing, so you resting up should help. Since you didn''t say you did anything, I think the rest will help you, and hopefully you''ll be able to run on Sat.

TLH, I hope you give tri''s a try (pun intended). They''re a lot of fun, even doing a sprint tri. Maybe you can find one where they close the bike course to traffic so you''re not too worried when you ride. The bike course can still get crowded, but you''re not allowed to draft or anything. That''s fine with me because I don''t know how to do that. I only know that in swimming.

Shiny, feel better!! Some PS Get Well Dust coming your way. Hope you can get back to yoga soon.

Bee, I''m so impressed by your workouts. I think you totally deserved a spaghetti dinner. That''s one of James''s favorites. I love spaghetti the next day too. Hm, I think I''m going to have to make some tomorrow now that you mentioned it. :) My sis is planning a few things for my hen night. Her choices are: rent a lake house, go to Seattle for a long weekend, Sonoma Valley (wine country in California) & San Fran, or party it up in Chicago. I told her everything sounds like a great plan to me, but I''d like to do Seattle more since James''s sister won''t be able to make it if we go anywhere else. First fitting today!! I''m FULLY expecting to see pictures, lady!!!

Addy, sorry you hurt your foot. It''s good to rest up so you don''t hurt yourself more. I suggest throwing the cookies away. That''s the only way I can keep myself from eating stuff I shouldn''t.

Skip, 4 miles is awesome. Mmm, I''ve become a fan of Vietnamese food too. But it''s getting warm so I''m laying off the pho and doing more sushi. It''s totally gorgeous today in Chicago. I''m going to work from my balcony when I''m done with this post. Count me in as a fan of Target workout clothes too. :) I have so many now that I work from home. Don''t know what I''ll do when I need to go back to the office... Hooray for new clothes shopping! I love it when that''s the reason you need new clothes. :)

Jcarly, stairmaster & elliptical is a fantastic leg workout. Even if you don''t add weights to it. Awesome you''re hitting the Zumba classes on your own. I''ll have to try the yoga pants you mentioned. I LOVE living in trackies. I feel bad for James that I just bum around all the time. How are you liking pilates. T sounds so cute, I''m sure she''ll loosen up too.

Dee, how''s the Northwestern track? I was thinking of running over with the pooch and letting her run with me. But don''t know if it''s too crowded. Is there parking there? Hope you found some nice patio furniture. I got some collapsible ones from Target. I also have window boxes & herbs, but realized I bought MINT instead of OREGANO!! Grrrr!!!

Rod, glad you uber day went well. Odd you''re getting rain but you can''t complain much eh? Seems like FL there''s ALWAYS drought. I went down this weekend and all the feeder canals were REALLY low.

Marcy, LOOOOOVE the EC!!! So awesome your friend is a published author. That''s such an accomplishment. I need to get my muffin pan back from my friend so I can make tasty blueberry muffins too. Mmmm.. Muffins :)

Babysteps, great job on the spin class. I agree with you with focusing on the good habits and letting the weightloss come. Such a great attitude. I''m so impatient and results driven. I need to take a page out of your book.

Thanks everyone for thinking about me re: my interview. It went okay. I went there fully expecting to do a presentation on my little PowerPoint slides etc, and didn''t get to do one! It was a total second round interview. So I guess I was in the presentation mindset I kinda got thrown through a loop. The HR Director kept asking me questions that focused on a lot of negative stuff: What''s your least favorite part of your job, who''s the worst person you worked with and why, what''s the worst thing that happened to you on the job. I dunno seemed a little weird. Maybe that''s just her style, but it did make me go huh? I was able to talk to everyone on a somewhat personal level, so I think that was good. The CEO seemed really distracted and busy, but I guess that''s what you can expect. I''ll have to come in AGAIN and meet with a 3rd person that couldn''t meet with me yesterday, he had a dental emergency. So thanks for all the PS dust, I''m hoping it''ll work out.

Yesterday lunch was some lentil soup. Tasty. I walked about 2 miles total, I hit the fishmonger after my interview. We did roll your own sushi for dinner. I was a little annoyed since Leena came over much later than she was supposed to, but it was fun so I got over it. I have my chiro appt today for my wrist, hopefully it''ll get better after today.. Tonight I''m going to meet James and his school friends to help them with their final project. We''ll probably go out to dinner and do a fair amount of drinking tonight. I''m going to be good and do as little as possible. I''m going to try to get a quick run in before dinner, but we''ll see. I''ve got a wedding this weekend so I want to do some more working out before the weekend. Hopefully a run today, maybe yoga tomorrow, and a run while I"m in Wisconsin for the wedding.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Danielle - while i am definitely NOT a runner (or avid any phsycial activities), i know what you mean by just getting so upset over an injury. I felt the same way after breaking my foot, 2 months before vacation (and those two months i was going to do the Jillian Michaels work outs). Lots of dust your way that it will heal quickly, and you will meet your goal!!

babysteps - thanks for the encouragement! although now i am a bit paranoid i will have thicker thighs. oh well.

lliang - thanks! although it wasnt me who took the zumba class (though it looks like fun!). Speaking of yoga/work out pants, i LOVE my nike yoga pants. and i realized, i am just a nike kinda gal. Although Lucy makes great workout pants too.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Tacori - way to rock it in your class! I really love the shorts w/ the built in underwear, and also the biker shorts... they aren''t really fashionable, but they get the job done! Have fun shopping! Also, your daughter is waaaay cute! I''m sure seeing her standing there pulled at your heart strings a little, but I''m sure she''ll go out and bust of of her shell soon enough, sometimes it just takes a little while! (just like weight loss
21.gif
)

DeeJay - your card is in tact. When you don''t feel it, you don''t feel it. If you are always driving in high gear, sometimes those gears burn out, need some lube and replacement... and that is just a car! It is normal to just not feel it, and that burnout your feel is your mind actually telling you that YOUR BODY needs a rest, to recover... so it is good that you listened! and starbucks... YUM!

Rod - All that upper body work is gonna give you some killer arms!!!

Marcy - congrats to your friend! How supportive you are, the signing sounds AWESOME!!!

bee* - good luck on your fitting! you are soo right, getting into that dress is a HUGE motivator!!! I''m glad you are enjoying the gym! I like the variety that is offered at the gym... helps prevent boredom on my end!!!

jcarly- if you were on the stairstepper and the treadmill, I''d call that a leg workout. Seriously! And you upped a level too, that is phenomenal! Man just a little notch up on that thing and I get all woozy. Glad it went by so quickly w/ your distraction!
9.gif

babysteps - WAY TO KNOCK IT HOME! Weight training AND spin class! Way to sculpt, tone and burn some calories!!!! That is awesome, and it was nice of you to be kind to the sub, those classes get such a bond that it is tough when they are expecting another instructor... but I like it sometimes to have variety in the routine!!!

Danielle- HERE IS THE WORLD''S BIGGEST RUN. REPEAT THIS TO YOURSELF, a race is only a measure of how well you could have done on THAT DAY. Things happen, as a runner, let me tell you... sometimes, you''re gonna have to potty sooo bad you slow down because you swear you''re leaking w/ each step... sometimes, you get the runner''s trots and can''t run because of the way the otherside works through.. but those things you can push through if you find a bathroom, or make one in the woods... yeah, gross, but its been done. Other things happen, injuries, dehydration, WEATHER... you just have to chalk it up to experience, and enjoy it for what it is. Now, your shin ankle could be a tight muscle from not stretching enough, or it could be the start of shin splints. http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-241-287--8969-0,00.html
http://walking.about.com/od/stretching/ss/warmupstretches_6.htm http://walking.about.com/od/stretching/ss/warmupstretches_7.htm
stretch your calf really well, and that should help. the bent knee stretch REALLY helps w/ shin splint issues.
Now, as far as the injury, yuo''ll know what you need to do... as a trainer once told me... let my pain guide me. After running for many years, I know what I need to stop for, and what I can push through... this you may or may not be able to run... but give it a running start. RICEMH the injury... don''t do any more runs from now until the race. I''m serious. Most runner''s know not to run the day before the race, but they''ll do an extra hard workout 2 days before, and it can kill some race energy. You''ve got an injury.. who knows the severity. I''d not run until saturday. In the meantime, REST, ICE, COMPRESSION, ELEVATE, MEDICATE and after 2 days of the initial onset - and 2 days of rest... HEAT. REST , dont do any workouts w/your legs. ICE - ice for 10-12 minutes at a time 4-5 times a day. COMPRESSION, wrapping the area w. a bandage can help limit swelling to the area. ELEVATE, yup don''t let blood pool to the area. MEDICATE - take an NSAID w/food (to prevent stomach issues) 3-4 times a day at whatever dose prescribed - or advised on the packaging. HEAT... this is only after you''ve been resting, by applying heat to the area, it will draw blood back into the area, (white blood cells!) to help with the repair process... you just don''t want to do this if the area is STILL inflamed!!!
Dont let this get you down. Seriously, it is just a speed bump on the road of a runner''s life. You''ll get over this I''m sure. HUGE HUGS!!!!

lliang_chi - ahh good point. I''ll have to think about it! I do like the swimming part!
9.gif
I hope the job interview went well and results in a call back.. though the HR lady seems to rub weird vibes too... that is strange that it was so negative! Have fun w/ the travels and the wedding!!! Good job getting the walk in, and if you get a run in... that is cool too!!!

To everyone else, have a great Weds!

This morning I got up and did my usual 30 min run, and it was HOT. 88* at 5:45 is just NOT FAIR! So when I was done grumbling I came back... and walked to work. I was talking to the hubs, and I wanted to do a few more races this year. I was looking for some longer races, but I guess due to the heat, there really aren''t any locally.. so I signed up for the AZ summer series, four 5ks and a 4mile run. I usually reduce my running miles in the summer to allow my body to recover from the other races I do in the fall/winter/spring (and also because it gets soo freaking hot out here!!!!)... but I always feel like I just DONT DO ANYTHING (summer = our winter)... so I''m excited to actually have EVENTS to look forward to, versus just plugging away on the concrete. So I''m thrilled, my first run in the series is this saturday 6:30 am... and it is in a huge mountain-y park... so HELLO HILLS!
emsmiled.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I went to the gym during lunch with coworker #2. I had written down the 30 day shred part 1 workout so we did that. Tomorrow is PT.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Jcarly sorry for the confusion! I must''ve erased part of my response to Tacori! stupid touchpad!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi friends, last night when I got home I wanted to walk, so hubby and I walked in the evening so I got two walks in. I just love walking plus there was a nice cool breeze and pretty sunset.
emhot.gif
hehe

Today is my sisters and her hubby's 9 yr anniversary; we were married 3 weeks apart from each other. Her hubby surprised her with her new bike and she loves it; she was so excited to go riding so we have plans to go riding this weekend, yay!!!! Bike riding is so much fun; it makes me feel like a kid again.
2.gif
wheeeeeeeeee!
bikebikebike.gif

Today and this evening I am babysitting my nephew so they can go out to dinner. I am hoping I can get a workout in; if not today will be my day off.
I bought a rotisserie chicken, some more strawberries, spinach and raspberries so maybe I will do a spinach chicken salad for us for dinner tonight!
3.gif
Hope everyone is having a great day!!!

JCARLYLEW, yay for your workout!

TACORI, yum, what kind of cookies? boo to bad workout pants from Target; I am pretty picky too but when I find some I love I buy multiple pairs. hehe Hope you find some! Thanks for the kudos. Yay for pilates; I did that class a few times and thought it was a great workout. I would do it more but on top of the crazy membership fee they charge us a pilates fee; I think the gym is getting the message because now they are offering 1 class a week for free. Yay for zumba!

DEEJAY, you bad girl, lol! I bet you burnt lots of calories walking to dozens of patio furniture stores!!! Yay for flowers; I love spring flowers!

ROD, yay for setting up lots of interviews; you are awesome!!! Yay for a good workout and more rain! I know you said you were in desperate need for rain.

MARCY, oh that is so cool about your friend!!! How exciting to get a signed copy! thanks for the kudos; it felt good to look in those 3 way mirrors and see my clothes baggy, that just fit like a month ago. hehe

BEE, yay that is super duper exciting; I bet you looked gorgeous trying on your dress! Yay for step class and the gym. Oh that was just one of the first spin classes I ever tried so I think the instructor didn't want to scare me away by turning up my resistance, eek, yours sounds hard! hehehe
3.gif

BABYSTEPS, yay for weight training and spin!!! Wowzers 500 calories is awesome! Yay for looser shorts
36.gif
Yay yay yay!!! it is a great feeling, woohooo!

DANIELLE, biggest {{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}. Rest and take it easy and I will pray and send good vibes for you come Saturday. If you can't do it there will be another race and look at how far you have come; you are awesome, you are an inspiration to me!!!!!!

LISA, fingers crossed!!! Sounds like they love you! Gosh, I hate the negative questions too. I bet you did great! Yay for a walk and sushi! Hope you get a run or yoga in! Have fun this eveing!!!
1.gif

TLH, wooohooo superwoman for your run in 88 degrees, wooweee that is hot. What state are you in? I am in NM. We are warm but not that warm yet!!! Yay for some races and hills, wow, that is awesome!! You sound like you are in uber shape, yay!!! Yay for events and a race this Saturday!!! Oh I saw your calorie burn calculator and I didn't know if you ran at the same speed you walk you burn the same amount of calories which makes sense but something I always wondered, thanks for the link!!!

APPLE, yay for your lunch workout; you are so good!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Evening everyone! I had my fitting-my dress has to be taken down over three sizes-the girls in the shop told me to not lose more weight as it''s going to take them so long to alter it! I don''t have any photos as I forgot my camera but I have to go back in two weeks so I''ll take some then. Step class was brilliant this morning. I''m going to go up to the gym tomorrow morning and do a work out so looking forward to that. Talk to you all tomorrow!

jcarly-well done for doing all that cardio!

babysteps-yay for spin! I hate it when my instructor is out too. She has a fan base and half of us don''t go to anyone elses classes as hers are so good!I''m not weighing myself till next week as I''m trying to do the same thing and not be focused on what it says on the scales.

Danielle-I''m really sorry to hear that your leg is sore. That''s so disappointing when the race is so soon.

lliang-all of those ideas that your sister has sound great! How fun! I''ll get photos at my next fitting. I adore my dress though-it''s so gorgeous! Enjoy meeting James tonight!

tlh-yay for having all those events! Can you send some heat our way as it''s miserable weather over here-has not stopped raining!

Skippy-yay for your sister getting a new bike! Going cycling together will be great fun. Spinach chicken salad sounds delicious!

Talk to you all tomorrow!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bee 3 sizes, woooo, you are tiny!!! Awesome
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
great job on step too! sweet dreams!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pilates was good. I am so inflexible it is NOT even funny. I think the teacher feels bad for me. Meanwhile you should have seen the one position she did.
23.gif
I didn''t know a body could bend like that!
32.gif
T must have FINALLY broken out of her shell. When I picked her up her round little cheeks were BRIGHT red from running around and she had black all over from the mulch they have on the playground (stupid).

Rod, working the upper body is better than nothing. Hope your leg is feeling better
2.gif

Marcy, how often for your friend! That''s funny you make words. I would never have thought about that. Maybe when I teach her to read in 4 years.

bee, three dress sizes! Congrat! That is so crazy (in a good way)! I can''t believe your teacher turns up the resistance! I know people have great success losing weight with spinning. I wanted to run up and hug her when I just say her standing all alone, sticking her belly out.

jcarly, I watched that too. Crazy women!

babysteps, People skip Zumba when the teacher is out. They will literally walk out. I am like you though. If I make the effort to go, I''ll stay and workout.The same thing happens when I go to Target. I think I spend $150 every time I go no matter what. Looser shorts is a great sign!!!

Danielle, Hope your leg feels better. Hope you can race this weekend!

lliang, I think T FINALLY loosened up today b/c she was tired and dirty from playing. I don''t LOVE pilates but I LOVE how sore I get. It seems to really work my problem areas (lower stomach and sides) but it is a tad boring. I am just used to my cardio classes I guess. Old Navy workout pants fit me really well (though I have to cut them shorter
3.gif
) plus they are cheap which is a bonus. Sorry the interview was odd. Have fun in WI. If it is in Milwaukee you have to go to the Hollander for their fries and sauces.
18.gif
I figured out it was meant for me when you started talking about Zumba, Pilates AND T. Haha!

tlh, I just try to stay focus AND avoid seeing myself in the mirror. Haha. Thanks she is a cutie. She looked to lonely and overwhelmed. Seems no more according to the daycare ladies. I guess she was a busy girl today! I am just glad she isn''t in the baby room anymore
20.gif
Being up at 5:45 is just not fair!
2.gif
Sorry it is so hot there.

Skippy, hope you have a blast with your nephew. You are such a good auntie!!! They were chocolate cookies with chocolate frosting. They are dangerous! I''ll try a different brand from Target (they carry a few). The draw strings don''t work well on me so I should have known better. I''ll just use them for lounging. I cannot believe your gym charges for classes. But then again we pay A LOT for our membership so there is NO WAY they could get away with that. They have a water park that I am looking forward to taking T to.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey........It was a typically long day. Charlie fixed the most incredible pork chops for dinner. I had some more candidate interviews take place today. That''s good. Now.....I can''t put this in public, but something big is going on with me (us). It''s good. And it could be amazing, but I can''t (or shouldn''t) go into this right now, in a public forum. Just know that I need ever single spec of PS Fairy Dust you all can possibly throw at me. Sorry for being cryptic, but hopefully in a couple weeks I can let you know the scoop. Just know that it would be great for me and Charlie. To that end, I have to log out of the HLT and take care of some homework. So, please know that I applaud you all for the healthy things you did today, or the pain you suffered doing something good, or the thought that you wanted to do something good, but just couldn''t fit itinto your busy schedules.

I''m going to the gym tomorrow night and will do my best to check in after.

DUST ME PLEASE!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, my nephew missed his parents by the end of the evening; I felt bad for the little guy! They had a nice dinner out.
1.gif
We played cars with him and went for a walk; I walked 2 miles and then he chased me, I ran around and around. Where do kids get all their energy?!?! Then I was trying to teach him how to do jumping jacks; he knows how to hop but we quite couldn't make it a jumping jack. hehe

Have a great evening friends!!!
35.gif

TACORI, woo hooo for pilates, I bet you are getting so toned!!! Yay great job friend!!!! Aww, thank you for your sweet words; you made my evening! I try to be a good aunt, so thanks.
5.gif
Your Tessa is such a doll! Yay for coming out of her shell. Aw, that is too cute her cheeks were red from running around w/her friends, soooo cute!
1.gif

ROD, yay yay yay yay sending TRUCK LOADS OF PS DUST and BUCKETS and GUSTS of PS DUST YOUR WAY FRIEND
35.gif
huge hugs for what ever it is and lots of prayers fabulous friend! SENDING LOTS OF DUST YOUR WAY
3.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.Today was just one of those days.I moved one of my swing shift guys to day shift and three out of my five employees are in an uproar about it.He wanted to come to days because his fiancé is pregnant and he wants to be at home with her in the evening.I spent the day trying to soothe and smooth everyone’s feelings.Of course, no matter how bad my day is Marty’s is usually 10 times worse and today was no exception.He was working on an outage when it was time to go home so he asked me to go buy dinner and bring it back.I went to Wendy’s and got back to work and he was ready to go home.We sat in the break room and talked.I told him it wasn’t my idea of a nice quiet dinner out.Ha Ha.

Bee, how exciting for your first fitting.Congratulations for losing 3 dress sizes!

hi501.gif
Woo hoo!Your spaghetti sounds great.

JCarly, yay for some great workouts yesterday.

Babysteps, great idea to focus on eating and living healthy not what the scale says.My gemstone rings are getting jealous because I haven’t taken any of them out to wear.

Wahhhhh.gif

Danielle, no apologies necessary.How frustrating and upsetting to hear your shin and ankle is hurting so bad.If it’s not better tomorrow maybe go see a doctor.I hope it’s better and you can run on Saturday.Hugs to you.

biggyhug.gif

Lisa, enjoy some blueberry muffins for me.I think that will be my next batch.Kind of a strange interview but glad they want you to come back to talk to the guy who was out for an emergency.I hope your wrist is better and have fun tonight.

Tlh, that is hot so early in the morning but glad you got in a run and walked to work.Woo hoo for finding some races to sign up for this year.

Appletini, glad you got in your workouts today.

Skippy, yay for getting in two walks last night.Have fun biking this weekend.So your anniversary is coming up soon?Cool.Very cool to see baggy clothes that just fit last month.

cheerleader1.gif
Woo hoo!I agree little kids have a ton of energy but I am sure he enjoyed playing with you today.

Tacori, I am not very bendy either.I am glad to hear Tessa was having fun today.I am easily entertained that is why I think about finding words in my little letters.I keep thinking I will pick up some Alphabets cereal so I can write out obnoxious things to Marty.

angel_not2.gif

Rod, mega PS dust coming your way.I am so excited for you whatever it is.

wiz1.gif
1229642o3xt6zfh5z.gif

Take care.

125420vuh9az127q.gif

Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is going to be a self-centered post, so sorry in advance. I promise to talk to everyone tomorrow!

Thanks all for not revoking my HLT card yesterday! Today was only slightly better in that I actually DID an hour+ of aerobics (30 min elliptical, 10 min treadmill, 30 min bike), then two sets of arms and 100 bridges, but I ate an unusual (and large!) array of stuff. And the reason I had to keep switching in the gym is that my arches were just KILLING me on the elliptical. That seems to be my latest malady--any idea on what might be going on there? It seems to have started around the time I began running... ? And then my shins were acting up on the treadmill, so the bike was about all I could take there at the end, and even that I only did on level 6 instead of 8. Whatever.

Bought some more flowers for the roofdeck today, and then went to Kohls (which I''ve never been to before) and bought--are you ready for this?!?--A BIKINI. Yes, as in a skimpy two piece bathing suit. Well, OK, the bottom is boy shorts, but still. I may never wear it outside of my house, but I do own it, LOL.

Rod, DUST DUST DUST and more DUST!!!

OK, off to W-A-L-K the monsters one more time, and then I''m going to bed. Bu before I head upstairs I think I will hang my new bathing suit on the handle of the fridge so that it will discourage me from doing any more of this crazy thing called eating come tomorrow!

Night all!
35.gif

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Just popping in really quickly before bed - I lost 3 lbs this week, total is up to 8!!! I am so freaking excited :)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, woo hoo for buying a bikini. That is a great motivator. Sorry to hear you continue to have pain while exercising.

Elmorton, congratulations on losing 8 pounds now. Woo hoo!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone! I was about to say happy friday and then I remembered it was only thursday-whoops! I''m up early again to go to spin and tone class. Afterwards I have to go to the cake place and pick out the design of our wedding cake so I''m looking forward to that. Hopefully they''ll have a sample of one of them there to taste as they''re delicious! Other than that, it''s only housework for me today-boring!

Skippy-thank you! I''m so thrilled to be down that much! Your nephew sounds so cute!

Tacori- You''ll probably get much more flexible when you''re doing the class for a while. And yay for T settling in and having fun!!

Rod-sending truckloads of dust! Lots and lots of it!

Thanks marcy-sorry to hear it was a rough day for you and Marty.

Dee*Jay-Woohoo for all the exercise! And for the bikini!!

El-that''s brilliant news!! Over half a stone gone-go you!!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
morning everyone!
Well yesterday i was just zonked out (must have been the stairstepper) so last night when i got home, we just took the pooch for a long walk and played around with him. of course there is no way to get home without going up a hill, so i still had a mini workout. today i think i will take a walk around a park in between work shifts to get some more exercise in to make up for last night.

We''re probably going camping this weekend - any suggestions on exercises to do out in the woods? keep in mind i cannot run.

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone! Thank you soooooo much for the advice & support yesterday! I have been resting my leg (and secretly enjoying being a little lazy) and iceing, have it wrapped up and elevated pretty much all day. Since the pain seems to only come on when I am actually running, it''s hard to tell if it''s any better. But I am going to take the advice of all of you here and my dad/boss/hubby/friends and just rest up until Saturday. I have to go to the grocery store tonight, but I''m going to put on my running shoes so I know my legs are supported for all that walking around, hehehe. I am DEFINITELY feeling less upset about the whole thing, so thank you again!!

So no workouts to report from me!

Liang, lentil soup is my FAVORITE. The interview sounds a little strange, but hopefully it''s just the HR person who is like that (I am in HR, but don''t do recruiting, so unfortunately I can''t even attempt some insight into the negativity there!)

Jcarlylew - thanks for the support! Ugh, breaking your foot before vacation?! Did that take a long time to heal?

tlh - thanks for the advice and the links to the stretches. I did some last night and will do them again tonight. After that it will be 2 days of rest and icing so I will switch over to heat then! I am hoping that I will be good for Saturday, but I''m going to maintain positive even if I can''t run! I cannot believe it was 88 at 5:45 Am. That is SERIOUSLY unfair. We def. get some 90ish days in Jersey, but I can''t remember a time it was over 80 even at 7am! YIKES! The summer series sounds fun! I''d love to find a 4 mile race, I think that''s a good distance!

Apple - how was the 30 day shred without Jillian telling you that you cannot only do bicep curls? haha, I think she is funny - she''s def. hard core!

Skippy - thanks so much for the kind words! 2 walks - niiiiice!

Bee - 3 sizes is AMAZING! I can''t wait to see pics of your dress. You are an all star with your workouts!

Tacori - great job getting to the gym again and going to pilates even though you don''t love it. Glad T is warming up to child care!

Rod -DUST DUST DUST! The curious person in me can''t wait to hear what the news is! My mind is churning based on all the lurking I''ve done in the past year!! I truly hope it works out for you & Charlie!

Marcy - sorry to hear that both you & Marty had tough days! Are you still walking on the treadmill a bit?

Dee - no idea with the arch pain, but possibly do you need insoles for your shoes or different shoes? I bet you look great in a bikini - I saw the pic you posted over the winter and you are teeny tiny! Wear that bikini proud!

Elmorton - 8lbs is FAB! And 3 lbs in one week is ALSO FAB!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!

I prob. missed some peeps as I only looked at page 2, but I hope everyone has a wonderful Thursday and is getting ready for the 3 day weekend in the US! I am going to a BBQ on Sunday, but my friend likes to make healthy foods so I''m actually not too worried about the diet!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results