shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 16th March till 22nd March

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.....man what a tough day. I''m working on a very difficult requirement and one my heart''s not into, but we do what we have to make a living. The position requires someone to go live in Iraq and manage the building of a hospital. I found a great candidate, but when he told me he had a wife and two young children, I just had to talk him out of even considering this option. I''d never be able to sleep at night if something happened to him over there and his wife and children never saw him again. Like I said, it''s tough out there. The money''s really good for someone willing to go, but so''s the danger. I was still in the office at 7, meaning I put in 11 hours today. At least I got to come home a nice dinner. Charlie baked pork chops and we had steamed veggies with them. Tomorrow''s an ''ueber'' Thursday, with the gym after work, but I''m looking forward to that. It''s literally the only place the world disappears and I just zone into doing something good for myself for a few hours.

Marcy, I remembered to wear green yesterday, so no one was able to pinch me........LOL Yay for staying in your calorie range!

Hey Burk, maybe your chip-fest after your workout was your body asking for a little replacement sodium! I sometimes find I want something a little salty after a workout myself. Still, you worked out and that''s a great thing.

SS........realizing that most of HH''s peer and friend group were co-workers makes it even harder for him. He''s lost his daytime family and that''s really really hard. So, I''m glad you''re being there for him, even if he might be a bit cranky.

Wow, two long walks today is great Skippy! Sounds like you had fun with your nephew, plus you burned more calories doing yard work too. You Go Girl!!

Tacori, it sounds like Tessa really enjoyed her 2nd ice cream experience! I''m going to have to resist pizza for a long while after managing to indulge twice in one week.

OK......Rod out for the night. I''ll check in tomorrow after my workout.......

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy... what day is it???... kids!

Have extended my Aspen trip a few days, but just wanted to drop in and say a quick hello to everyone. Miss you all! Will be back "for real" soon!

Workout wise I''m doing ok. Except for that night when we cross-country skiied back from dinner. In the dark. Drunk. OUCH.
20.gif
My bruises are positively *AMAZING*. If I didn''t have to reveal things that would be rather obscene I would show them to you. OUCH again.

OK, off to do something fun. See you!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.

35.gif
I did well on eating today.Took a walk at work and finished the evening making some flowers at class.I think I am finally getting the hang of it.My pansies and daisies turned out pretty good.

Burk, yeah for great workouts.

Somethingshiny, yeah for fitting in the same size tops as last summer.Good luck to your friend with surgery and good luck to you getting everything done.

Skippy, I am sure you had fun outside with your nephew.It sounds like you burned off a lot of calories picking up all the leaves.

Tacori, I am sure Tessa will enjoy many more ice cream cones.We had some slow churned ice cream when we got home from class tonight.Marty and I were the only one in class tonight but she did show him how to make the basket weave border while I was still working on flowers.

Rod, I don’t blame you for worrying about sending someone with a family to work in Iraq.I always worry about our soldiers but civilian jobs over seem to be a bit more scary.

DeeJay, too funny skiing back drunk.I’d be falling down a lot then too.I hope your bruises heal quickly.

Take care.

Marcy

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Greetings! I''m back from my ski trip...got in late Tues night and took yesterday morning off so I could unpack etc, and I did my walk/jog routine around the neighborhood. I was very excited that all of my hard work had paid off b/c I wasn''t sore from skiing, but my knees did kill me the first two days of skiing, fortunately the third day they were fine so I was able to enjoy myself more. Two members of the group were not as fit as the rest of us and were very sore and had trouble keeping up endurance wise, so hopefully it was a wake up call for them to start a healthier lifestyle.

I have my weigh in later this morning and my PT session during lunch, so I''ll update on that later.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Skippy~That''s so cute your nephew "helped" you garden! Sounds like you had a great day. I am enjoying the change in weather too! I''m not sure I''ll be able to keep up with both threads regularly, but some days I really need to motivation to be healthy so I think it''ll be great to join in here! Do you do step anymore? I love it! I''ll have to check out some of those recipes. I think I''m stuck in a rut, making the same stuff I always make!
5.gif

Tacori~Our T''s would get along sooo well. I never know when Tayva will be good vs. not wanting anything to do with the walks!! Army green would have been scary! Glad she decided on the gray. Have you found shoes yet? Oh, and Tayva loves sweets too!

Rod~I think you''re right. I get the "itch" for salty after workouts here and there. Sorry you had such a tough day!

Dee*Jay~LOL about skiing drunk!
9.gif

marcy~Thanks! Congrats on eating well. That''s my biggest problem!

Yesterday was my day off for workouts. DD and I went for a walk (about 2 miles) and I made homemade pizza for dinner (a healthy recipe I have) so overall not too bad. Body step class and lifting tonight.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Marcy, how fun you had a private class. I think it is so adorable you are doing this together!

Burk, I thought the green would have been scary b/c my skin is a light olive tone. Plus she wants to do crazy bright flowers so it would have been A LOT going on! I already have two pair of silver strappy scandal so I probably won''t get a new pair. Have a great class tonight. I am going too.

Rod, she kept saying "More! More!" and then laughing manically when I gave her more. Of course DH thinks now she is addicted and is all worried
20.gif

So T and I went on a walk around our neighborhood this morning (which is just short of a mile). We were almost home when I realized she dropped her shoe!
38.gif
So I had to back track to find it. I ended up basically going twice as long as planned. Oh well. Extra exercise. Haha.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
My post was eaten 3 times earlier today...hopefully this works...

I had a great PT session today! And I had my weigh in...I''m down to 15% body fat from the 21% that I was early February and I was wearing the same outfit.

Tomorrow morning I''m taking my car to get my oil changed, so I plan to do my walk/jog around the area while I am waiting on it.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
back from my workout;
3.gif
we used the medicine ball tonight and I learned I am horrible at catching with my left arm. I had to chase the ball so many times. We put the med ball between our legs and jumped down the room and back, we did lunges where we put the ball under out legs and so many other drills. I was exhausted but I felt like I was lacking in form; next time I will focus more on form. The awesome thing is the instructor is so encouraging and inspiring; this woman is awesome and in crazy fabulous shape!!!
It is 74 degrees today; I need to go figure out what to make for dinner. Hope everyone has a great day!!!

TACORI, Yay for a walk with Tessa; bummer she lost her shoes but glad you found it! She is such a cutie! When is the wedding? hehe to Tessa and ice cream; that is my nephews favorite!

ROD, wow what a tough day; you are such a good guy pleading with him not to go. You have a huge heart. I feel the same way as you; when I work out my worries melt away. I think it is so good for us physically and emotionally. hugs!

DEEJAY, sounds like you are having a great time!!! hehe

MARCY, yay for private lessons; awe, you and Marty are cuties! It was tough raking leaves!!

APPLE, great to see you back and hope your knee feels better soon! Yay for the workout!

BURK, thanks, my nephew turned 3 and is a fun little guy. Does T like to help out sometimes? She is so cute! Oh I don''t do step anymore because of a knee; the steping and flying over step motion is just too hard on my knees. I will live through you vicariously; it was my favorite class!!! Yay for your walk. I make homemade pizza too; I love that it is easy to control calories by making it from scratch. I bet it was delicious!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
skippy, the wedding is in August. I was so glad I found the shoe b/c she only has 2 other pairs (and one is scandals) plus I liked them and they no longer sell that style. Sounds like a tough workout lady! I think it is motivating when the teachers have awesome bodies.

Went to my 1,000 calorie cardio class tonight. I am SOOO tired. It was tough. We ended up standing really close to the front (3rd row) which made me feel silly. But I tried NOT to think about the other people. Tessa did great at child watch. It is getting easier for both of us.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all the prayers for my friend. Surgery went well and I didn''t lose my mind either!

Alas, it''s time for ice cream and a good book.

Goodnight. Have a great tomorrow!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey........Super long day. I feel like a broken record. You know the drill. Worked long hours. Got to the gym around 6:30 and did my full workout, meaning it was the best part of the day. I really pushed hard again tonight. I have increased weights all the around, which is good as I''m sore. Thanks goodness tomorrow''s Friday. This has been a loooooong week and I''m ready for it to end. We''re having dinner tomorrow night with our friend I mentioned a while ago who has (had) breast cancer. She had to have a double mastectomy two weeks ago. She was fortunate to have a wonderful doctor who was able to do the reconstructive surgery at the same time.

Hello to everyone. Sorry for not being able to say hey individually, but it''s now after 11 and I need to get to bed. Will check in tomorrow night. Have a great Friday everyone.........

museikchik

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone. I am soo tired right now but totally proud of myself. I decided today would be the day I started jogging. I know I talked about it like two weeks ago but never did it. I walked a mile and ran a full mile without stopping. I was debating taking a small break and trying it again but the dance class at 24 hour fitness sounded better. Usually when I go to the dance class it is taught by an older lady who just wants everyone to have a good time. Today was totally different. Instead there was a guy who is an actual dancer and completely worked us. Seriously I can barely walk right now. I am soo glad I didn''t give up though and stayed throughout the entire class even if I looked like an idiot (think of people going in one direction and me going in the other).

I have decided to start keeping an exercise log so that I can see how much I work out because I think I don''t give myself enough credit. I finally got an approval from the Director of my Master''s program so I can bind my thesis now and I don''t have to worry about anything besides the wedding. I am sorry if this is a little rambly (totally a word), I am thinking about a million different things at once. Time to go play Animal Crossing so I will talk to everyone later.

P.S. I am trying to get better at writing on this blog everyday to remind me not to eat too crazy.
12.gif

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone,

Dialing in from Mammoth Mtn. Skiing has been pretty wet, which leads to some fast skiing. With all the yoga I''ve been doing, I''ve unconsciously screwed up my skiing, I keep doing the yoga "open your chest and shoulders" so my shoulders keep dropping back and I catch on something and start tumbling down the mountain. I figured it out, and haven''t fallen anymore :)

Rod, hope your super days have been good

Tacori, your BM dresses look great.

Marcy, great job on the walk. How''s class?

Skip, how''s the workout? Yay! for hanging with your nephew.

Museik, how''s running?

Sorry for the quick fly by, catch everyone on the flip side

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Happy Thursday everyone.Tonight was my first night at home for over a week and a half.I baked a cake to decorate for my class.One layer turned out perfect, the other one stuck in the pan and so I’ll have to frost around that.At least it didn’t fall this time.I freaked out BIG time tonight when I went online to pay a few bills.The ones I paid last week hadn’t been pulled from our account yet.I had visions of a million late charges dancing in my head.I entered them in my checking account but never went online to pay them.It’s like I was distracted last week.I pulled out my statements and most of them are due the first so I am fine on them but the bill that was due Monday I paid online at their website so hopefully that goes through okay tomorrow.I am glad I found them before the bills were past due.I generally check my account several times a week but haven’t had the time or I would have noticed the error right away.

Appletini, how wonderful your hard work resulted in being in great shape for skiing.Congratulations.I am glad you had fun.Yeah for being down 15% in body fat.

Burk, I love homemade pizza – you can make it so you don’t feel guilty eating it.

Tacori, we are having fun taking the class together.Yeah for extra exercise.

Skippy, sounds like chasing the ball was a great workout for you too.The instructor sounds great.

Somethingshiny, glad to hear your friend’s surgery went well and that you didn’t lose your mind.

Rod, give your friend my best wishes for a speedy recovery.Glad she got the reconstructive surgery all at once.

Muse, congratulations on your thesis.You should be proud of yourself for jogging and taking dance class.

Lliang, glad to hear your figured out how to correct your skiing.I hope you are having fun.Class was great last night.I made pansies, daisies, violets, primroses and apple blossoms.

Well, take care.

Marcy

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I just got back from my walk/jog...ended up sleeping in a little so i''ll have to get my oil changed later today...lucky for me the place I go is in a fun shopping area.

lliang, Wow! You are skiing again! so fun!

muse,
Congrats on starting jogging! I don''t like to jog much so I do a walk/jog routine and change it from time to time, but here are the intervals I use...
4 min walk/ 2 min jog for 30 min
3 min walk/ 3 min jog for 30 min
2 min walk/ 4 min jog for 30 min
3 min walk/ 7 min jog for 30 min

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Happy Friday! Last night was step class...but, I couldn't enjoy it because I bought new shoes and my feet were KILLING me from about half way! The salesman assured me the shoes I bought would be great for step, running, and volleyball, but for some reason they did not work with my feet. My feet still hurt today. Boo. Okay, enough whining. I am taking today off because I'm playing in a volleyball tournament the next couple days. Need to exchange my new shoes today so I have another pair for the tourney. Have a good weekend all!

Tacori~There would have been a lot going on with the green. Yay for not having to search for shoes, too. That was a PITA for my sister's wedding! Double workout b/c T lost her shoe...couldn't help but giggle! My T purposely throws her doll out when she's "over" the walk, but the doll is big enough that I can't miss it!
16.gif
Glad your class went well and Tessa was a champ at Child Watch!

appletini~Yay for being way down in body fat!!

skippy~Sounds like a great workout with the med ball!! Boo to your poor knee and not being able to do step anymore. I know step is hard on my knees at times, too.

muse~Congrats on starting jogging again! I also do intervals when running. Not as boring and intervals are really good for you.

marcy~yum, cake sounds yummy! The pizza was pretty guilt-free which was nice!
2.gif
That bill situation sounds stressful!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
sending_flowers.gif
Happy 1st day of Spring!!! I went walking 3.5 miles this morning; I threw in a few sprints to mix it up and keep my heart rate up. I could have kept walking forever since it was beautiful out and the air felt refreshing but I have somethings I need to get done today. I planted some flowers in my pots out front to add some color; my wisteria is starting to bloom these beautiful purple flowers, ahhh, Spring.
9.gif
Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!!! We are having homemade pizza tonight, yum. TGIF!

TACORI, August weddings are so pretty; you will look beautiful. Yay for your uber workout woman!!! That is great Tessa is doing better at childwatch!

SS, prayers continued for your friend. Glad you enjoyed some ice cream and a good book.

ROD, prayers outgoing for your dear friend. Enjoy sushi tonight.

MUSE, yay for jogging and glad to see you here!!

LLIANG, yay for skiing, sorry for the tumble, glad you are okay.

MARCY, aw honey, you had lots on your mind; glad they aren't due till the 1st, huge hugs to you. take care. Chasing the ball was tiring and embarrassing because I didn't want it go over to where other people were doing drills so I got a good workout chasing though. hehe

APPLE, yay for your walk jog; you do great with your workouts. I threw some jogging in too; I notice it helps strengthen my lungs, yay!!

BURK, bummer and sorry, getting new shoes is tough. Oh that is awesome one the volleyball tournament!!! I know I was bummed when the pt told and the knee doctor told me to give up step. There are some die hards in class though; one lady had 3 knee surgery's but she refused to give it up. In my muscle hour we get a little some step in but not like the step I use to do where we fly over the step or do these fun choreographed things so I do miss it. hehe Yay and hope you win the tournament!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hello, back from a 4 mile walk with my cousin; it is beautiful and sunny today 75 ish degrees. I went to visit my parents, sister and nephew for a little while. I went to Costco and bought some oranges and spinach; I hope to make spinach lasagna tomorrow. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I can finally say that my BFF is preggo! She and I went on a 4 mile walk today and while walking stopped for lunch and also looked at some cute baby stores....I''m so excited for her. Anyway this is our new Saturday activity.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone. I took a 3 mile walk today with my neighbor and a VERY short one with T. She was NOT into it so I cut it short. Tomorrow I hope to get a good walk in since they don''t have child watch on Sundays and DH is working as ALWAYS.

SS, glad the surgery went well!

Rod, Hope you are having a relaxing weekend!

Museik, the cardio dance classes I take are taught by real dancers too so they are tough! You will get better if you keep up with them. I like them b/c the hour seems to go super fast and I am usually sore so I know it is working. Good luck with wedding planning and writing your thesis!

lliang, thank, it is a pretty dress. I still need to order it!

marcy, hope none of the bills are late! Post a pic of that cake.

Burk, it was so annoying about her losing a shoe. I usually notice but I was distracted. I HATE uncomfortable shoes. It totally ruins everything. Hope you found more comfortable ones and won your tournament.

Skippy, sounds like you are getting a lot of good walks in! Yay for spring! I hope I look good. We got married in August too so it will be close to our 3rd anni.

apple, that''s very exciting! Hope she has an easy pregnancy!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone,

Lorelei -- I''m glad to hear that things are going well and you''re back on the wagon. Good for you! I''m not sure how many glasses of water I drink per day but I usually drink like a fish, so I''m not worried about it. I pretty much only drink water at home, with the occasional glass or two of diet soda.

Hi Marcy!

Hi Dani -- Congrats on the weight loss!! [:appl:

Hi Tacori -- I''m so proud of how you''ve been able to keep up the gym visits! Hey, I wanted to mention that a coworker and I are going to Zumba at our health club on Thursday night. She''s taken Zumba for a while but as you may know, I''ve never done it. It should be fun and I''m getting used to the fact that I WILL make a fool of myself.

Lliang -- Congratulations to your brother on his campaign! That''s great news!

Alli -- Congrats on meeting your fitness goal!

SS -- I''m sorry that your husband wasn''t supportive of your workout. Is he usually supportive of this? If so, then I''d chalk it up to being stressed and taking it out on you in a way that normally he wouldn''t have done. I''d still have a stern talk with him though!

Hi Rod! I''m sorry things are frustrating at work. I can imagine that it (the economy) must be hard on you and others in your field too. If there are no jobs out there, it''s kind of hard to help people find something.

Hi Skippy!

Hi Steph -- it sounds like you''re having a good time with family.

Hi Burk -- it''s good to see you here. I lurk on the mommies thread and T. is just adorable. I love reading your posts. You teach Kindergarten, right? How''s the year going? I teach second grade, and it''s been a tough year. There''s only a few more months left though so that''s good. I''m looking forward to summer.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wanted to break up my post a bit so it wasn''t TOO long. I hope everyone is having a good weekend.

So I think most people know my husband''s situation -- he was laid off in early November and he hasn''t had much luck finding anything. He did have a job all lined up for three months but after only 4 days at work, he found out that he has shingles. Since the position was at a hospital, they decided that they wanted him to stay home for 4 weeks (even though his doc told him he could return in a day or two). Since staying home for 1 month is 1/3 of his total time there, they eventually decided to let him go and find someone else who could do all three months. It''s such a bummer, but my husband will begin job searching again on tomorrow.

Not much else is new. I''m already beginning to count down the days until the school year ends. I have a good class but it''s been a tough year in other ways.

Okay, gotta run. Have a good Sunday!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.......sorry for being MIA. I just decided to keep my laptop off for a couple days. Friday was a long day at work, nothing new there. We did enjoy dinner Friday night with our friend. She looks good. Tired, but good. She's still in a lot of pain. They've got stretcher's in her and little by little, they'll keep adding fluid to them, till they're the size she wants, then she goes under the knife one more time to have the temporaies out and the perm ones put in. The "girl's" are small at this point and it's tough to see her in so much pain. It's interesting to note (and I hope this isn't TMI), they were able to save her nipples, which according to her is amazing, but she's not sure she'll ever regain feeling in them. I think breast cancer, like all cancers is cruel.

Yesterday was a really nice day. The weather couldn't have been nicer if it tried. We enjoyed breakfast on the terrace, followed by having my car washed, lunch at our favorite little deli, coffee under the oak, then a nice long workout at the gym. It's always more enjoyable when Charlie's there with me. My leg was better yesterday, so I was able to really push hard on the elliptical. But I probably pushed a little too hard as it was hurting last night. I absolutely convinced my leg issue is a pinched nerve. And I know over time it will just go away, so I'm not letting the pain interfere with my workouts. Getting 'old' is just not fair.......LOL

We rented Twighlight and watched it last night. I absolutely loved the movie. I was afraid it would be too teenage-heart-throb-love-story, but it was a really good. Of course I love anything having to do with vampires.........

Charlie's getting dressed to go to work now. I'm going to do absolutely nothing this afternoon. I think I deserve a do nothing afternooon. It's so beautiful out. I will surely have coffee under the oak, but not do much of anything else.

Zoe, I'm so sorry to see HH has shingles. They're stress induced you know, so I'm sure the stress of being out of work caused them to come on. This economy is hurting so many wonderful people. Since I know your HH and know he has really terrific skills, he will find something. I know he will. Please say hi to him for me and let him know I haven't forgotten about him. I just don't have anything in your area at the moment. Thanks for your kind words. It is hard to help people when there just aren't jobs out there.........

YAYAYAY for running a full mile without stopping musikchick!!! That's how I got into running too. It's such an amazing feeling to run. I haven't been able to run since my leg has been bothering me, but when the pinched nerve get's better, I fully plan to run again.

lliang, please be careful on the slopes.

I'm sure you won't get any late charges Marcy. And you were distracted last week for sure. I'm glad life is returning to normal for you!

Burk, you need to return those shoes. Even new fitness shoes not hurt. I ran 5 miles with newest pair of running shoes and never got a blister or had any pain whatsoever. What kind of store did you get them in? I really think it's a good idea to get fitness shoes from a specialty store. The kind of store where they really measure your feet and determine whether you pronate or supinate and they should watch you run or walk at a fast pace to ensure you get the right type of shoes for your feet. It may cost a bit more, but is so worth the difference.

Hey you walking machine Skippy!!!! 3.5 miles followed by 4 miles!!! You go girl!! Yummm to homemade pizza! I can't have pizza again for a couple months since I had it twice last week.

Yay for a 3 mile walk with your friend Tecori!! Sorry Tessa wasn't into walking with her momma........

I'm probably going to bake chicken for dinner tonight. It's a good Sunday night dinner and then I can I have the leftovers after my workout on Tuesday night. I hope everyone has a great Sunday. I'll do my best to check in tonight.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi!

35.gif
Happy Sunday.We had a busy weekend.Friday night we had our astronomy meeting; had a very strange “club” stop by.I don’t want to go in to who they were but a few of them looks like homeless people when they came in.They asked a LOT of questions.Saturday I helped my mother-in-law write thank you notes for flowers and food they received for grandma.Then she and I went shopping while the guys played golf.We went to the golf club bar and had a drink waiting for them.Then I baked our last cake project and got them frosted.We have to put basket weave on our cakes today.

Today the guys are playing golf.I am almost finished with laundry, went grocery shopping and need to work on school.

My niece called me last night and told me she is engaged.I took them ring shopping last summer and he finally asked her yesterday in front of the dolphins at Sea World.They are very excited.I emailed him asking for “specs”.He bought her the ring she liked at a mall jeweler and ordered the diamond from Blue Nile.He listened to me (I think).He was leaning towards colorless and VVS diamonds but he wasn’t getting it on cut.The diamond is a princess cut.If I get pictures I will have to post it in the SMTR.

Appletini, yeah for having a fun shopping area nearby where you get your oil changed.How exciting for your BFF.

Burk, I hate to hear the new shoes hurt your feet so much.I hope they find you a pair that works well for you.Healthy pizza is the best.

Skippy, it is like spring here today but a big snow storm is moving in tonight.They are predicting about 8 inches of snow.I am excited to hear you planted flowers already – I’ll be doing mine in about 9 weeks.Yeah for homemade pizza and some long walks this weekend.

Tacori, glad you had a nice long walk and a short one with Tessa.All of my bills made it in time but I sure freaked out when I figured it out.

Zoe, sorry to hear about your husband getting shingles then losing his new job.You have both had a tough year all right; I am sending him mega PS dust on his job search.

Rod, I hate to hear your friend is in so much pain.That is great news your leg is feeling better.Enjoy your chicken for supper.We are taking in in-laws to our favorite steak house.That means some steak, a margarita and a few bites of peanut butter pie.

Have a great day.
Marcy

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Sunday friends; my friend and I just got back from a 65 min walk. I probably will take Monday off because I worked out everyday this week except last Monday and my knee wants a break. hehe I ordered some Marc Jacobs perfume and a necklace this weekend; I love internet shopping. hehe
Hubby is out of town for a business trip so I am looking forward to cleaning and getting some things done this week.
Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

APPLE congrats to your friend; baby clothes is totally cute and fun to shop for!

TACORI, yay for all your walks; isn't walking so fun and it is great to see all the flowers and trees blooming. Hope you had a great walk today!!

ZOE, oh no, I am so sorry about your dh's shingles and his job; I will keep him in my prayers.

ROD, I hope your leg feels better soon. Oh no, your poor friend; I bet you and Charlie were comforting to her. Prayers outgoing for her. Enjoy your day today.
Thanks about the walks friend.

MARCY, sorry your astronomy class was strange. Yay for you and Marty baking!! I heard it is suppose to get cold tomorrow here too; it was 73 degrees today but it is suppose to drop in the 50's tomorrow. Stay warm, oh no, snow!

KIMI, thinking of you; I miss you!!!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
DH and I just finished walking around the neighborhood for about an hour.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey......this afternoon was pretty uneventful until 4. I was at Sbucks under the tree and our realtor called to say some people wanted to see our condo in 20 minutes. I had to run home and straighten things up. I got things all neat and tidy and just wound up hanging out again at Sbucks and Charlie joined me when he got off. The showing evidently went OK but there''s always a "BUT" after each showing. This week''s but, was the people want something larger. Our condo is 3012 square feet. Condo''s don''t come much bigger. Didn''t the people know they were coming to see a place that was 3 bedroom, 3.5 baths with no less than 4 terraces? And it isn''t large enough? We so need to sell this place. We can''t pay this mortgage much longer. Dinner was nice. Baked chicken and steamed carrots. Dessert was a surprise. Charlie bought a box of girlscout cookies a few days without telling me they were in the freezer. Thin Mints. I LOVE Thin Mints. So, I have to be restrained around them. Charlie ate 8. I ate 4. Now, he''s accusing me of not eating my share and letting him eat too many. Like I pushed them down his throat.........LOL Tomorrow''s a sushi night. Friday he''s working and Saturday''s his birthday and I''m takin ghim to one of the best beach resorts for dinner. It''s the Don Cesar, right on St. Petersburg Beach. It''s beautiful there. A big pink palace right on the beach and is one of those loving restored old hotels, from the early part of the 1900s. We''re not spending the night. We''ll just go early and sit on the beach and have a glass of wine, till our dinner reservations. We had dinner there 11 years ago for his 50th birthday and it was terrific, so I hope it''s still good.

Interesting that an odd assortment of people showed up at the astronomy club Marcy. I''m sure your niece''s fiance did a great job on the ring thatnks to your great advice! I hope dinner was good at the steak house. Question for you. How far do you live from Casper? I actually have a candidate flying into Casper next week for an interview. I''ve combed the plaen for a chemical engineer with weapons experience who wants to move to Casper. Not an easy task, but I found a great resource who would move there tomorrow if he got the offer.

Good idea to take the day off from walking Skippy. You''ve probably earned a new pair of walking shoes with all the walks lately!! I hope you have a good week, while hubby''s away. Don''t clean too much.......

I''m glad you had a nice walk with your husband Apple...........

See you all in next week''s thread...........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi.Our dinner was great.I swear that place has the best margaritas in the world.I refrained from having more than one though.I brought home half of my steak and ate about third of my fries and less than half of the peanut butter pie.It was worth starving for most of the day.

After we got home we finished our cake projects for class.Mine is the one with stars and the moon.Marty did the basket weave MUCH better than I did.His was thin and well lined up; mine my blobby and not very straight.Oh well, it was fun.

Skippy, what kind of necklace did you order?Yippee new jewelry.I hope your knee feels better, good idea to give it a rest tomorrow.They have revised our forecast to say 7 to 9 inches with blowing snow.Fun.Are you getting rain tomorrow?

Appletini, I am glad you and DH had a nice walk.

Rod, sorry to hear the house showing ended up with a “but”.That is a very large condo.I hope it sells soon for you.Happy Birthday to Charlie this week.Your plans sound fun.Casper is about 175 miles from us.It takes about 3 ½ hours to get there.I imagine you would have difficulty finding a chemical engineer with weapons experience who wants to move to Casper.Is he from this part of the country?Marty has problems finding engineers or networking people.Cost of living is so cheap here that salaries are low so between that and moving to Wyoming he has problems getting people to move here.I hope the job works out for the guy.He’ll have a long flight to Casper.Is he flying in through Denver first?

Sleep well.

Marcy

cakesbasketweave.jpg

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Marcy,

I love love love peanut butter pie! Your cake looks great. I just signed up to take the second course of cake decorating, so I''ll be doing that at the end of May, hopefully my cakes will look as good as yours.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Appletini, their PB pie is wonderful. It''s whipped and loaded with whip cream. I will be anxious to see your final project next month. We sure have enjoyed the class but we aren''t going to take course 3 - neither one of us is interested in fondant.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results