shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 15th Sept till 21st Sept

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new week all
35.gif

Well....Fall is almost upon us....I said goodbye to many of my barn swallows this weekend. It is always a bit sad as I joyfully greet their arrival in Spring, watch them settle into their nests which they use every year, then I hear the babies hatch, watch them peep out of the nest for the first time, then finally see them take their first flying lessons! I just have two late babies which aren''t quite ready to make the journey along with their parents and one other adult or young bird, so I expect they will leave in a few days.
39.gif
I will miss them and wish them a safe journey to their winter quarters!

Anyway I digress! With Fall beginning to make her presence known, thoughts turn to the start of the Holiday season also. There is still plenty of time to make some really positive changes if you keep on working at it in time for the Holiday parties and GTG''s. I often find it helpful to have a concrete goal I can work towards, such as thoughts of a new glamorous dress I want to wear for Hubby''s Christmas party, that helps to keep me motivated.

So keep on going everyone, if you are feeling a bit despondent there is still plenty you can do to fit into that party dress or slim fitting winter coat! Remember this journey isn''t about perfection, but slow and steady effort, if you slip just forgive yourself and get right back on track!

Have a great week!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Great opening Lorelei!

I love fall. Unfortunately I lack closed toe shoes at the moment and my tootsies are COLD.

So.. I''m at an impasse. The 5 pounds I lost are back on in less than a week. *sigh* Trying to figure out which direction to go here. I may try WW Core again. We''ll see.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/15/2008 8:59:58 AM
Author: geckodani
Great opening Lorelei!

I love fall. Unfortunately I lack closed toe shoes at the moment and my tootsies are COLD.

So.. I''m at an impasse. The 5 pounds I lost are back on in less than a week. *sigh* Trying to figure out which direction to go here. I may try WW Core again. We''ll see.
Sounds like you need to go shopping!
22.gif
28.gif

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock
This weekend was great! We had a great time with my brother and SIL and wish they lived closer (they are 14 hours away). I had a salad for dinner on Friday, but then Saturday we tailgated and I had a cheeseburger for lunch and a burrito for dinner along with a few beers (my team was losing- I had to!!
2.gif
). Sunday I went to my cousin''s 1st birthday party and I didn''t even have cake or ice cream!

Anyway, I''m hoping to get back on track this week. I meet with my trainer again today, so I''m excited for that and hope that I won''t be so sore that I look like a little old lady again (I don''t think I can take the teasing from my co-workers again!)

I hope you all had good and healthy weekends!
1.gif

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Lor! Aw you have barn swallows? Lucky! Most of the wildlife I see is the myriad deer staring at me from the side of the road with their reflecty eyes on the way to the gym at o'' dark hundred in the morning.
37.gif
I''m always waiting for one of them to kamikaze themselves out in front of my car...hasn''t happened yet.

thing2 (from last week''s thread): What? You say I should go buy a $190 pair of jeans that actually fit for once? Why, if you insist, I suppose I shall have to concur, if only to be polite!
4.gif

Morning, gecko! I am loathe to put my toes back into closed-toe shoes. They want to be freeee!

Hey GC, I can''t believe you didn''t eat cake at a birthday party. I mean, some cakes are hideous, but a homemade cake with buttercream frosting is my nemesis. There is no way I could avoid scarfing down at least two pieces. I bow to your restraint.

SO I finally finally went back to yoga yesterday morning. The ladies who were waiting for the class to start said that the instructor was hard (power yoga is the only yoga I attend), but I didn''t find her class to be that brutal. Which is good, because I can''t even do normal side planks anymore, I have to do the mods. My abs are shot.
emembarrassed.gif
ANYHOO, today I woke up and feel like I''ve been kicked repeatedly in the ribs. All of my ribs hurt and my hamstrings are sore as crapola. Yay!! A couple months and maybe I''ll gain the mental fortitude to throw some Pilates back in the mix too. Stupid abs. *grumble grumble*

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good Morning Friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!
9.gif
Today is a Costco day and allergy shots and maybe lunch with hubby. Tonight will be a walk with my cousin.
1.gif

LORELEI, I was just thinking about the holiday's and how I want to do things differently than last year. In fact Saturday's party in the past would have had me eating all the goodies and homemade rice crispies but I ate my soup before I went and dinner so I felt full. I was super tempted but I kept thinking about what happened to me in the past when I ate a goodie. hehe Great opener and awesome reminder! Sorry about the little birds, that is how I am feeling about our hummingbirds, they left too, boo hooo.

GECKODANI ~ WW core is great! It may be water weight, did you eat lots of salty foods? I hope you find closed toe shoes soon! It is starting to get cold here too!

GOINGCRAZY ~ I am glad you had a wonderful time with family as you were looking forward to seeing them! Good for you passing up the carrot cake, I was happy that I passed up the rice crispies that had extra butter. hehe High five!!!

JULIANNA ~ great job on the POWER yoga!!! Keep it up! Yay for being sore. hehe

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Great opener, Lorelei. Last Christmas I gained 8 pounds – that is NOT going to happen this year. I can be as content with 1 cookie as with 3 or 4. Rats for the swallows leaving.

Geckodani, I bet most of the weight gain is water weight. I hope you get some new shoes soon.

GoingCrazy, I eat cheeseburgers all the time and it works for me. Just figure them in to your calories and use portion control. Good luck with your trainer.

Julianna, woo hoo for “feeling” your workout. That’s got to be a good thing. Watch out for those deer.

Skippy, it sounds like you have great plans for the day. Have a great time.

Well, I must blast off to work. It was 38 degrees when I watered my flowers – our deck was frosty and slick so I think I will not be watering out there in the mornings anymore. I’d rather keep my legs and feet all pointing the same direction. I don’t have time to post a bunch of emoticons. I hate to disappoint everyone but I must get to work.

Have a great day.
Marcy

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Good morning everyone!

Lor-Thanks for that opener. I was coming on here to mention that I did what I probably should not have done while trying to lose weight...buy a dress too small in hopes that I''ll lose the weight. It''s for my best friend''s wedding. I bought the dress in a 12 and it fit (yay!) but I need to drop 8 to 10lbs for it to sit really well. I didn''t want to get a bigger size because then it would have puffed out too much. But what you said made so much sense. Knowing that I need to fit into that dress will make me cut back on my holiday eating significantly
14.gif

Dani-Come to Florida. You can wear your open toe shoes all year round
9.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei - LOL, yes, yes I do need to go shopping. Pronto!!!

GoingCrazy - Yay for family! My sis just finally moved within a reasonable distance (4-5 hour drive) and I love it. I''m glad you had fun with your brother!

Julianna - I too abhor close toed shoes. But living in MI I have no choice a lot of the time, LOL. Props to you for yoga- I''m not that bendy, LOL.

Skippy - I''ve done Core before, but I have a tendency to not track my 35 weekly points... which does me no good, LOL!

Marcy - I hope some of it''s water weight, but I''m not holding my breath, LOL.

fieryred- OMG I wish I could come live in Florida, LOL! I love warm. Not so big on the hurricanes though...

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday all! This morning I went over and just did arms at the gym in an effort to give my legs a break. I did push my arms though, doing three hard sets of each machine, and I am going to walk over and do some shopping this afternoon (probably 2-3 miles round trip by the time I''m done) but I''m sure my heart rate won''t get anywhere near where it does on the treadmill so I''m counting this as a "rest day."

Tried the Chobani strawberry yogurt this morning. It was *OK* but I liked the one I had yesterday much more.

Lorelei, I share your mixed feelings as fall comes. It is indeed my favorite season, but I mourn the loss of summer. I am a warm weather creature at heart!

Gecko, when I did WW I liked the core a lot more than the points!

Going, sounds like you had a really fun weekend!

Julianna, LOL, only WE would be *happy* that we hurt like hell! Good for you for sore abs and hamstrings!

Skippy, the HH went to Costco on Saturday and came home only with four sweaters for himself (really four of the SAME sweater, just in different colors...
20.gif
) . I was like, um, THAT''S IT??? He said nothing else there appealed to him and we are trying not to buy much food this week since we''ll be in Florida next week. I can''t IMAGINE going to Costco and coming out with only four things!!

Marcy, 38 degrees?! YIKES!

Fiery, I have every confidence you will fit into that dress when the times comes!

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
Top of the morning, everyone!

Last week was a lost week. I'm just gonna let it go at that and focus on getting back on the wagon and strengthening my resolve! Last night, I hardly got any sleep
8.gif
My honey wasn't feeling well and was snoring up a storm, which made me retreat to the couch downstairs. I'm hoping to catch a quicky nap when I get home from work before I meet my trainer in the evening. I want to have enough energy to be able to train with her and then do at least 30 minutes of cardio at my regular gym afterwards. Also, I started a food journal today. Writing down every last morsel used to help keep me in check. For those who keep one, how do you ballpark your caloric intake when you're not eating packaged food?

It's always great to see your inspirational opening at the beginning of each week, Lorelei
1.gif
The weather's finally getting cooler where I am and I'm looking forward to the fall.

Thanks for the words of encouragement, Skippy, Dee*Jay, Marcy and Rod! I just need a swift kick in the pants sometimes for wallowing too much.

Rod, I will check in every day, for good or for bad, because I know that being accountable keeps me focused.

Geckodani, you and me both, girlfriend, on the weight coming back. We just have to soldier on. This week is another week to be better! Hope you find some comfy shoes to keep your toesies toasty!

GC29, sounds like you had a fun weekend! Looks like we're all getting back on track this week
1.gif

Julianna, I missed a couple of posts last week and saw that you came on board. Just wanted to say Hi
35.gif
Always good to see someone new (or returning). Oooh, hope your abs are feeling better.

Hi Skippy! I always laugh when you say today is Costco day
3.gif
I heart Costco and can spend all day in one! In my moment of weakness last week, I stopped off at my local Costco and got myself a churro. So dangerous! I need to stay away from the food court!

Woo, it sounds downright chilly in the morning where you are, Marcy! I've been enjoying your posts with all the emoties but will give you pass for now since you have to run off to work
2.gif

Hi Fiery, I hope you find the motivation so you can fit nicely into that dress for your friend's wedding!

Dee*Jay, reading about your daily workouts inspire me to get moving!
1.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
am I me??

Yay!! I AM ME!!!!

Bye for now, have a great day all!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
You all are making me laugh w/your Costco stories, 4 sweaters in the same color DeeJay and Panda, I hear you sister, those are delicious!!! hehe
lol.gif
Well, hubby and I met for lunch and I automatically did like the last time and took a plastic knife and cut my pizza
mmmpizzapizza.gif
in half and threw the other half right away so I wasn't tempted by it! Also, there was this couple that hot dogs and churros (which made me want one); I was describing to hubby how delicious
18.gif
churros are detail by detail and he teased me and said get a room already which made me realize I better stop talking churros! LOL I didn't buy anything too exciting (chicken, salad, veggies, eggs, a few gifts, memory cards, etc) but I noticed they had nice brand name perfumes for cheap! haha Then I headed over the the farmers Market and bought more veggies to make a chicken veggie soup tonight.

I will come back and post more after my workout tonight! hehe

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Hi guys, I am back
35.gif
35.gif

After a GRUELING time at work, things have settled down here. Although, the schedule was heck on my stomach. Not sure if it was the HORRIBLE food I ate or the stress, but either way I started back on my food allergy diet last thurs. If anyone has any recipes that dont include wheat, dairy, or sugar let me know! I am mostly eating rice, fish, rice milk, hummus, and fruits and veggies. It sucks!

HOWEVER I did go to the Dr last week for a bad cough and was weighed for the first time in probably 6 months (since my last Drs appt!) and I have lost almost 20lbs! I had no idea. I decided that eating this rabbit food must be good for something. I hope I lose another 10 or so this time around, the torture needs to pay off! I did learn and adjust my eating habits a lot after the last one, so I am sure that had something to do with the loss as well.

Hope everyone has a great week!!!
9.gif

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
De-lurking for a minute to whine about Fage! Dee - I read that link you posted in last week''s thread about the new manufacturing plant in NY. Ugh, I am so bummed! The last time I bought Fage, I noticed the package was slightly different, it actually had 6 oz instead of the usual 5.8 or something. And I opened it, took one bite and had to throw it away! It was so tart, sour and gross. I thought maybe it was me and my taste buds on that particular day, but it happened one other time, and now I read the link and I checked out the packages in the store - all made in NY.

I am so bummed. I like plain yogurt, so if you try any other brands and find one you like, let me know! I tried the oikos one (and that''s what "new" fage tastes like to me), but haven''t branched out otherwise. I read the TJ''s one isn''t so bad, but we don''t have TJ''s by me, errrrrr.

Has anyone else experience this with Fage lately?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2008 5:26:28 PM
Author: *~*Danielle*~*
De-lurking for a minute to whine about Fage! Dee - I read that link you posted in last week''s thread about the new manufacturing plant in NY. Ugh, I am so bummed! The last time I bought Fage, I noticed the package was slightly different, it actually had 6 oz instead of the usual 5.8 or something. And I opened it, took one bite and had to throw it away! It was so tart, sour and gross. I thought maybe it was me and my taste buds on that particular day, but it happened one other time, and now I read the link and I checked out the packages in the store - all made in NY.

I am so bummed. I like plain yogurt, so if you try any other brands and find one you like, let me know! I tried the oikos one (and that''s what ''new'' fage tastes like to me), but haven''t branched out otherwise. I read the TJ''s one isn''t so bad, but we don''t have TJ''s by me, errrrrr.

I had the trader Joe''s one and like it! I have bought both. The only super weird thing is I found a cartoon of Peach flavor Greekstyle (fage) and it has 11 g protein and the plain 0% fat has 22 grams of fiber?!?!?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

It is a beautiful warm sunny day--better than some days in Aug! Had a delsih run/walk/bike this morning and am out enjoying the sun.

Take gangaronni!
35.gif

cheers--Sharon

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone...checking in. We were really lucky, we don''t have power but that is it. We actually lost our power really early...8pm on Friday just after we finished dinner, and since all our windows were boarded up we couldn''t see anything. About 1am we made pallets on the floor in the hallway and slept in there. We spent most of the day Sat and Sun doing yard work. We also lost our land line at 4am during the storm so talk to our friends we just walk to their house and everything else primarily text messaging. However our frozen meat lasted us until last night thanks to the 4 bags of ice that were in our freezer. We''ve had our dinner the last two nights at our friends house that has a generator and a gas grill outside (so we dont heat up the house with the gas cooktop). Today I''m at my grandma''s house in Richmond (Ft.Bend county) to do laundry, and I went grocery shopping at Super Walmart so it was less chaotic and had cold things as opposed to trying to do anything near our neighborhood. Our local burger joint was selling burgers for $1 yesterday...basically use it or lose it. DH texted me today to tell me saw some centerpoint trucks driving around...so that sounds promising.

One positive about the experince is that i''m definitely in good shape, between the manual labor in the yard, walking around the neighborhood to scope things out and communicate with friends, and being limited for meals, its keeping me on track...I''m still eating very well, but the temptation to snack or junkfood just isn''t there, instead its apples or nuts and things that are more nutritious. When I get back home later with my walmart supplies I''m going to invite the neighbors over for a spaghetti supper.

Office is closed today and tomorrow, not sure about Wed...

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hi All.

Apple, I''m so glad you''re safe.

Dee, I''m married to a man who wears polo shirts every single day, I totally relate. Too funny.

SS, so glad you''re yourself again!

Julianna, hooray for returning to yoga.

Skip, I think it''s funny you throw 1/2 the piece of pizza away. Good for you.

Miska, awesome weight loss!

So I''m wiped from lack of sleep and still under-the-weather, am going to take one more day of rest before returning to the gym. J is making dinner. Have a great rest of the day, all.

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/15/2008 5:33:20 PM
Author: Skippy123
Date: 9/15/2008 5:26:28 PM

I am so bummed. I like plain yogurt, so if you try any other brands and find one you like, let me know! I tried the oikos one (and that''s what ''new'' fage tastes like to me), but haven''t branched out otherwise. I read the TJ''s one isn''t so bad, but we don''t have TJ''s by me, errrrrr.

I had the trader Joe''s one and like it! I have bought both. The only super weird thing is I found a cartoon of Peach flavor Greekstyle (fage) and it has 11 g protein and the plain 0% fat has 22 grams of fiber?!?!?

hmm, that''s really strange?? The small ind. servings usually have 13 grams of protein (well at least in the new bigger size).

This is really starting to bother me, so I went crazy and wrote an e-mail to Fage USA expressing my disappointment. I haven''t gotten a response from them, and I really don''t expect to, but I guess all feedback is important!

Hi everyone else! I used to post here a bit, but I have been oscillating between working out/dieting and being super lazy. I lurk a bit though and it''s nice to see most of you regulars still here! Keep on keeping on.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2008 10:04:32 PM

Date: 9/15/2008 5:33:20 PM
Author: Skippy123
I had the trader Joe's one and like it! I have bought both. The only super weird thing is I found a cartoon of Peach flavor Greekstyle (fage) and it has 11 g protein and the plain 0% fat has 22 grams of fiber?!?!?

hmm, that's really strange?? The small ind. servings usually have 13 grams of protein (well at least in the new bigger size).

This is really starting to bother me, so I went crazy and wrote an e-mail to Fage USA expressing my disappointment. I haven't gotten a response from them, and I really don't expect to, but I guess all feedback is important!

Hi everyone else! I used to post here a bit, but I have been oscillating between working out/dieting and being super lazy. I lurk a bit though and it's nice to see most of you regulars still here! Keep on keeping on.
Ops, typo, I meant 22 grams of protein not fiber! That would be a lot of running to the restroom, sorry! Also, the ones I made reference to are the Trader Joe's Greekstyle Yogurt.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Back from my walk, hubby made chicken vegtable soup for dinner! Hope everyone has a great evening!
35.gif

MARCY ~ yay for having a holiday game plan in place!! Wowzers that is too cold, stay warm!

ROD ~ hope you didn't work too hard tonight, hugs!

Hi FIERYRED!!!

GECKODANI ~ track points, you can do it, rah rah (me doing a cheer for you)! hehe

DEE*JAY ~ yay for weights and a walk!

PANDA ~ Yay for focusing on a good week! Oh gosh, I hope you sleep better! Great job meeting the trainer! I write down my food, actually track it on the computer. I love churros, yum yum!

hi SOMETHINGSHINY, you look like your old self. hehe

MISCKA, oh no about the food allergy. YAY FOR losing 20 lbs
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

HI SHARON, woo hoo for the run/walk/bike!

APPLE ~ glad you are safe, I was thinking of you because my friend lives out there and he sent me video's of the damage and all the flooding, eek! Hope things get rebuilt soon and same w/the power!

KIMBERLY ~ sweetie I hope you feel better soon, sending you a giant hug!!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Hi, all!

I feel like my old self again, Skippers!!

I''ve been discussing the car (junk POS) with the dealer, manager and dealership owner. They''ve finally decided they should do something about my car. They finally gave me a loaner car, too.

JT is doing well right now, hopefully he won''t get sick before Monday or they won''t be able to do the surgery. I have to stock up on drinks this weekend for his liquid diet. He''s supposed to be on liquids for at least 48 hours, but the doctor has prepared us for up to a week on only liquids (that''ll be up to JT and what he''s willing to eat). I keep telling myself this will be the last sore throat so it''ll be worth it.

Okay, ladies, what are your treatments for cramps?? I''ve suffered with severe cramps since I was a teen, had surgery for PCOS and endometriosis which gave temp relief, was on the pill for temp relief, now they''re back with a vengeance! I''ve always used heating pads and tubbing for the pain, but I''m wondering if there''s some sort of natural remedy, or even certain foods or drinks to eat or stay away from. Suggestions?? (sorry for the TMI, guys!!)

Have a great tomorrow!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Apple, I''m so relieved to hear you are safe and it sounds like your place didn''t suffer much damage. I know how much fun (NOT) it can be to be without power for several days after a hurricane. We had back to back ones a couple years ago and it was just misery to me. But, we were unharmed and our house was uharmed (well a few windows leaked from wind driven sideways rain) and we felt very lucky indeed. Anyway, thanks for checking in and letting us know you''re ok. I hope everyone enjoyed the spaghetti dinner you made tonight.

Hey everyone..........Thanks for always wonderful openin Lorelei! You always get us off on the right foot (or left one if you''re a lefty!!). Here''s my thought for the holiday season.......CHOCOLATE CAKE!! We''re very good through the holidays, but on Christmas day.....well, that''s another story. I allow myself to have virtually anything I want, just that day. And it includes pancakes (smothered in syrup and butter!) and sausage for breakfast. Steamed softshell clams for lunch. A big (3 lb., minimum) lobster for dinner and the best treat of the whole year........MY ONCE A YEAR BIG HONKING PIECE OF CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH CHOCOLATE ICING (I''m salivating just writing that). There''s one place in Tampa that makes "the" best chocolate cake and on Xmas Eve, I will wait in line to buy one really big piece. I''m so good all year long and I don''t pig out during the holidays, but this one day..........ROD GOES TO TOWN!!

It was a typical Monday. Got to work before 8. Left after 6. Worked hard in between. Then, I met Charlie for sushi and our friend and her daughter showed up again. We had a nice time with them. Came home and went back to work. The life of a recruiter never stops, that''s for sure. Tomorrow will be a gym night, so if I get to check in, it will be pretty late and short.

Sorry about the 5 pounds creeping back on gecko.....I''m sure it''s likely just water retention, ya know?

I''m glad you had fun with your brother and SIL GoingCrazy. Of course having one''s team lose is all the cause one needs to have a couple beers!!

Hey Juianna.....I''m a big big believer in doing planks to strengthen the core. I''m glad yoga wasn''t too hard, and you definitely got something good out of it if your abs are sore!

Sounds like you had fun shopping at Costco Skippy. I laughed out load over hubby''s comment about getting a room!!

Sorry, but 38 degrees is just too cold for this or anytime of the year Marcy.......brrrrrrrrrr If anyone deserves to have a just eat whatever you want day on Christmas, it''s you my dear!!

I think it''s great you bought a dress too small fiery! I did that with a couple pairs of slacks when I started "rebuild Rod" and it gave me something to continue to work towards. Keep up the great work!

Too funny about Bill buyng four of the same sweaters at Costco DeeJay. I still need to get the adress of the Sushi place for next Monday''s dinner and will definitely email it before you guys head to Florida. We''re both looking forward to seeing you both!!

Good for you Panda!! Sorry about you having to sleep on the couch because your honey wasn''t feeling well. I hope he feels better soon.

Shiny.....You are you.....We are us.........good lord, sounds like one of those 70''s poems! LOL

Good to see you Miscka!! AND YOU GO......20 LBS!! Thanks fantastic!!!!

Hey Danielle......sorry the fage has been so disappointing. I mentioned last week that we drink Activia. I have no idea why on earth I wrote that. We drink a DanActive with our vitamins every morning. the Lcasei is supposed to be so good for the immune system, or so they say.......

So nice that you''re enjoying beautiful weather Sharon!! Enjoy every minute of it you can. Seems you get a pretty long, cold and snowy winter.......

I''m sorry you''re still wiped out Kimberly. I hope you get over your cold soon.......

OK....I''ve babbled on long enough. Hope you all had a good start to the week.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!
35.gif
I hope you had a great Monday!
Fieryred, good plan to buy a dress to help motivate you to drop a few more pounds.
1197.gif

Geckodani, I am not very bendy either.
wobble2.gif
I am sure some of it is water weight.

DeeJay, I hope you had fun shopping today. I am impressed your husband only bought 4 things at Costco. What discipline. I am a warm weather person too
emhot.gif
and sure hate to think the cold and snow are going to be here soon.
Panda, sorry to hear you didn’t sleep well. I am setting here yawning myself. Let's hope we both sleep well tonight.
sleep_pillow.gif
I have a diet scale and weigh most of my food that isn’t prepackaged. If I make it from scratch I add up everything that goes in to it and figure out my portion. If it’s something I don’t know for sure I go to something like calorieking.com and get an estimate for its caloric content. Keeping a food journal helps me. Thanks for giving me a pass for the lack of emoticons this morning.

Somethingshiny, I am glad they are finally deciding what to do about your car.
1.gif
I hope JT stays well this week so he can get his surgery done and quit having those sore throats.
Skippy, good for you throwing out ½ of your pizza and having healthy soup for supper.
mmmpizzapizza.gif
My lunch and supper were both subway sandwiches. I guess I’m playing Jerad today.
Miscka, congratulations for losing 20 pounds.
hi501.gif

Hi Danielle.
1.gif

Sharon, we warmed up a lot today but the nights are sure getting chilly. I am delighted you had a great time outside today.
bikebikebike.gif

Appletini
, I am glad to hear you guys are safe and making the best of things. Good for you eating healthy too.
emthup.gif

Kimi, get well soon.
481876qojaq5ujfk.gif

Rod, you deserve to go to town one day each year – and what a great treat chocolate cake.
chowtimeguy.gif
I will eat what I want on Christmas but since I am not taking that week off this year I won’t have multiple days of eating too many treats.
Well, I must paint my nails
nails.gif
and get to bed.
sleepy.gif

Marcy

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock
My trainer had to cancel yesterday due to his son being sick, but I went to the gym anyway. We have rescheduled for this afternoon! Sounds like everyone else is doing great staying on track! Oh, and Miscka- I love your avatar, one of my very favorite movies!
1.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Mornin all!

So, is it bad if I just want a break from the dieting? I mean, I''ve been trying to lose for over a year with no success. And it''s frustrating. Stupid PCOS. I really feel like I need a break. Not an eat everything in the house break, but just a focusing on being happy break. *sigh*

Shoes! I have shoes! I got the cutest black ankle boots in fauz crocodile print. For $20!!!
9.gif
And brown boots. And matching purses. For under $60. Happy Dani!

Panda - Snoring hubbys are the worst! Mine tries to take posession of my pillow all the time too.
20.gif

Miscka - Yay for unknown weight loss, LOL! That''s awesome!

Apple - So glad you made it through unscathed!

SomethingShiny - Midol and muscle relaxers. Heaven. There''s a brand of pain med called Robax that I''ve only seen in Canada that is AMAZING for the cramps.

Marcy - Yay for manicures! And I am so not bendy, LOL.

GoingCrazy - good for your for still going to the gym!

Rod - Mmmmm Chocolate....
1074606bxn0ln4w82.gif

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, first time posting on this thread.

I started the Special K Diet today. You eat The cereal for breakfast, normal lunch, and cereal for dinner. You are supposed to lose a dress size in 2 weeks. I''m using this diet to help jumpstart my weightloss. In december I''ll be trying on wedding dresses and I definitely don''t want to go looking at dresses in my current size. I was a size 8/10 about a year and half ago...and I hate that I allowed myself to gain the weight back. I''m currently in a 12/13 and I can''t wait til I get those size 10 pants back on.

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
Good morning!

My last work week from hell is spilling over into this one. I''m working late AGAIN and not getting enough sleep. Figures that I woke up this morning with an incredibly sore throat
7.gif
I did really well with the diet yesterday and met up with my trainer though I did not have enough time to squeeze in that additional 30 mins of cardio at the gym. I''m getting cranky because I want to get in more work outs but there are only so many hours in the day and I''m not getting enough rest as is. If I''m not too exhausted tonight, I''m going to the gym.

LOL! Skippy, you waxing poetic about churros cracked me up! I wanted one so badly last week that I actually went to Costco just for that and actually waited 15 minutes in that horrible food line!!! Your chicken veggie soup sounds good right now, especially for my sore throat... I hardly eat chicken anymore because my honey''s allergic to it.

Intended or not, congrats on the 20 lbs. loss, Miscka!

Glad to hear you guys are okay, Apple.

Kim, hope you''re feeling better!

SS, glad you''re your old self again! LOL! Glad you''re making some headway re your POS and that JT is doing well. For cramps, Advil all the way! I stock pile that stuff. I''ve discovered that as I''ve gotten older, my cramps have gotten more severe. Sometimes even popping tons of Advil doesn''t quite do it for me. I''ve tried Midol and that does nothing for me. I''d love to hear other''s suggestions.

Your thought for the holiday seasons sounds so good, Rod. If you''re good all year, you''re definitely entitled to treat yourself! My honey''s doing better but now I''m sick
15.gif

Hi Marcy! Hope your nails are nice and pretty and that you got more sleep than me last night... Thanks for the tips on how to calculate caloric intake. I know keeping track helps but sometimes I get lazy when I''m not eating pre-packaged food and I have to figure everything out.

GC29, yay for going to the gym even though your trainer had to cancel.

Geckodani, YES, it is okay to take a break from dieting. I find that when my heart isn''t in it, I have a much more difficult time. And as you can tell from my posts, I get frustrated a lot from my two steps forward, one step back. So if you need a break, take it and be happy in the place you''re at! And when you''re ready, we''ll be here to support you
1.gif

Welcome, taovandel
1.gif

Hi SDL, hope you get in some much needed R&R! Yay for getting back into the walks...

Hope everyone''s having a great day! Back to the grind...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results