shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 11th May till 17th May

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Saturday everyone! Just got back from my run - wow it was HOT today. It''s mid-70''s here, semi-humid and sunny. It def. slowed me down a little bit, finished my 5.5 miles today in 65:38. Not too too bad though! Just quickly checking in, hopefully everyone is enjoying their weekend!

White Orchid

Shiny_Rock
TLH, I''ve been doing my 45 minute runs on the lower levels. The batteries need changing and it can''t get up past level 5 right now. At first I couldn''t get used to running on such an easy setting but I found I could go so much longer! When I get the batteries changed I''m going to see how long I can go on 7. Should be interesting!!

Did 30 mins on the elliptical before work this morning. Worked 9.5 hours and didn''t have time to eat! Should be a good calorie day...
20.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Did an early 65 mins on the hampster wheel, two hard sets of arms and 100 bridges before my 10 am client. All I ate between then an about 3:00 was a zone bar so by the time I got home again and had a LC a few minutes ago I was one hungry camper!

Gotta do one quick thing and then I think I''m going to go take a nap...
24.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey........I did virtually nothing today. Really. Charlie had to be at work early, so I just slept in. Then Sakai and I vegged out and watched TV till this afternoon. I just decided it would be good to be off my leg for as much time as possible and it was definitely a good thing for me to do. Finally around 3:30, I headed out and had a little snack and a cup of coffee under the oak, then I did some grocery shopping. Charlie got off around 6, then we went to our favorite little diner for a cheap, but good dinner. The afternoon storm hit about the time we were eating, so we went for coffee at the Sbucks closer to our condo because outdoor seating is under cover. We shared a chocolate croissant for dessert, yummmm. Tomorrow will be a regular Sunday for us. We'll have breakfast on the terrace and lunch out, followed by the gym. I'm still not ready to get back on the elliptical, so I'll just have to contend myself with muscle building instead.......

Way to go on 5.5 miles Danielle! Mid 70s is too hot? You'd die in Florida then! Running in the summer is a sweaty challenge here, with temps in the 90s and humidity in the same range. Can you say, drenched??

Hey White Orchid, I hope you got some food!

Hope you enjoyed your afternoon nap DeeJay!!

That's about all I've got. I hope everyone had a good Saturday.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Muscle hour was fantastic Friday; I was so sore today. I love that class. hehe
1.gif

Hi Friends, hubbies work had some company activities and lunch today so I missed WW in the morning so i will have to go another day but I think I might have lost 1/2 lb or stayed the same. Well, the company thing would have been more fun if it weren't so dang windy!
14.gif
14.gif
The trees looked like they were going to snap in half! It was crazy windy and the food was put away and tables were put away so hubby and I went out to lunch and then did some shopping.

When we got home it was 3pm and my cousin called me to go swimming at her house; her daughter was having a swim party. It was funny to hear the girls giggling and saying OMG and like totally, etc (they are 12 yrs old). We had cake and ice cream; I had a small piece of cake and 1 slice of pizza. The cake gave me a tummy ache, oh well. I swam but it was more leisurely swimming; tomorrow I will get a workout in. Hope everyone is having a nice weekend and it isn't windy where you are; hopefully we won't have wind tomorrow. hehe

ELMORTON, hope the kitty is doing better. Yay for doing well on the weight loss! You can totally do a 5k, yay! I eta: but not sure if you saw it ELMORTON, my hubby bikes in the summer 2x a week to work, and on the weekends for fun; he did it last year too. He wants a new bike so he says for every mile he bikes that is $1 toward his new bike and he wants a light weight bike so I know he will be biking a lot so he can buy one soon. hehe I didn't know it was bike week until this morning on the news.

GECKO, great job on the walk and pushups!

DANIELLE, yay for your races!!!! You are awesome; wooo hooo for your 5.5 miles! Thank you for the link. Just curious why do they not want people doing intervals training? Is it because of the chance for injury increases?

TLH, thank you so much for all your information!!! I love what you and the other runs have to say; I am soaking all the advice in!! What races are you doing this summer? Oh I am going to get me some gloves; I notice my friend who teaches class wears the gloves, so good idea!

BEE, yay for being done w/exams!!!! Enjoy your hen night!!!! I love smoked salmon; I think you and I would get along well eating fish together. hehe

WHITE ORC, woo for the elliptical, and runs!!!!

DEE, yay for the hamster wheel!

ROD, yay for a day of nothing, I love that! Sakai sounds like a love, just like Sakai's papa!!! Yum to a chocolate croissant!
3.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Good morning gangaronni!
35.gif

Everyone sounds well and busy busy busy....
36.gif

Yesterday I walked to Blockbuster to get a game for our XBox...it is quite a hike...up hill all the way back and into the wind...I was kinda pooped when I got home but glad I hiked it....took down the XMas ights, and did some yard work.

It is supposed to be warm today--I should go for a run now, b/c the clouds look like they are rolling in.....

Take care folks!

cheers--Sharon

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone! I had the best time ever on my hen night-my friends are all amazing and we had such a laugh. I think that I ate and drank my weight in food and wine but I''m back on track again now that I''m home. Would love to relive it all again.

Rod-Glad sushi was good! Hope you enjoyed your relaxing day on Sat!

Danielle-that''s great timing!

White Orchid-yay for the cross trainer!

Dee*Jay-I''d say you were starving! Hope you ate something nice then!

Skippy-I''d say we''d definitely get along well with the fish eating! I had amazing prawns and salmon last night at the murder mystery-it was delicious! Glad you enjoyed the muscle hour on friday!

hi canuk!

Hope you all enjoyed your weekend!

White Orchid

Shiny_Rock
Hey guys! I have to be quick, don''t have enough time to type out a longer message to everyone, but I have an update to share. We did our weekly Biggest Loser weigh-in at work today and I lost another 2 pounds!! Very happy since my home scale hasn''t budged in 2 weeks.

That brings my weight-loss-to-date to 15 pounds!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
yay for the 2 lbs down White Orchid! That''s fab!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.I am SOOOO far behind on all of your posts.We had a busy few days.Friday night we had out astronomy club meeting and got home late.Saturday we got up early and headed to Denver.We met my sister and her husband for breakfast.My sister and I split a breakfast so we could save room for our lunch at one of our favorite Italian restaurants.She and I went shopping while Marty met my nephew to play golf.

My sister wanted to buy clothes.She is the one who is very overweight.I was excited to hear she has been trying to eat less and since they are giving her collagen injections in her knees she can walk more and she has lost a size in tops since last year.Woo hoo for her!

I only bought a shirt on sale at Eddie Bauer.All the lightweight, sleeveless summer clothes are out now and there are only about 2 days of the year I am actually that hot so I didn’t see anything that tempted me clothes-wise.

Then we went to my favorite diamond store and I looked at about 6 EC diamonds and none of them were knocking my socks off.I was about ready to ask to see some fancy colored sapphires but she brought one more half carat EC diamond out and it was very sparkly just getting it out of the paper.I ended up buying it and had it mounted in a YG solitaire ring.The stone is .55 ct, E SI2.The amazing thing is the diamond is eye clean.The few inclusions are light and easily found in a loop but I cannot find them naked eye.I have been enjoying it today.

I have been working on laundry today and made some 104 calorie muffins for my mid-morning snack this week.They aren’t very big but I enjoy having them as a treat.

My nose is doing a lot better.The 2 small spots (one mole and one on my nose) are healed up enough I am going to quit wearing bandages on them.That leaves the big spot on the side of my nose and the back of my neck are vastly improved but still need covered up for at least a few more days.None of them are bothering me at all though.

DeeJay, you are becoming an amazing running machine.Woo hoo.I sure hope your shin doesn’t bother you too much.Rats for those potato chips showing up on the scale but they are salty so it’s probably water retention.

Appletini, I need to give myself a pedicure – thanks for reminding me. I am allergic to Neosporin but the doctor recommended using Vaseline and that is working so far.I have been cleaning them twice a day with sterile cotton pads and diluted hydrogen peroxide.

Rod, I still haven’t went to see Star Trek yet but I am anxious to see it.I am glad the chiropractor is changing your treatments and that your leg is feeling better.My uncle is an orthopedic surgeon and he always tells me to take Advil.It seems to work great for me too.Glad you vegged out yesterday.

Babysteps, you will bust through 160 pounds in no time.I am so excited for you.Glad they caught your melanoma in time.I have a lot of moles and I am like you if they look funny or bother me they are gone.You are in Hong Kong?Marty might be going there soon for work for a week.We are mole soul mates then, I have had a ton taken off too but the one on my neck was one of my largest that is why they never removed it before.The spots on my nose were just skin growths.I scar pretty easily and the dermatologist I used to go to always put in a shot of cortisone so I wouldn’t scar.I never thought of mentioning that to this doctor so I hope the spot on my nose doesn’t scar badly.I use Clinique so I plan on keeping their lotion on those spots all the time until they heal all the way.I think that will help.

Dani, sorry to hear you are struggling but I hope you don’t stop posting on the thread on rough days, we are here for you.Just work on it one day at a time.LOL at mowing down all the pre-portioned things the pantry before; I am sure we all have days like that. Good job figuring out what you could eat at Olive Garden.I love their break sticks too.That is awesome your DH is helping you now.

Bee, glad to hear your recent exams are going well.My headache is gone now, thank you.I had to laugh at your comment about eating and drinking your weight in food and wine but that is wonderful you had a great time.

Lisa, I saw your EC in Bo’s EC thread.It is gorgeous.I am very sorry to hear about your grandmother passing away last year.Happy Birthday to you and your sister.A meatloaf muffin sounds like the perfect portion.Let me know what they are like if you ever try them.I am sending you mega PS dust on your job interviews.Have a nice visit with everyone at home.

Danielle, I hope your running is going well.Good luck next weekend.Congratulations for finishing your 5.5 K run this weekend.

Skippy, what a great surprise for your sister to a get a bike.You both will enjoy going for rides soon.I am glad to hear your knee is going to be fine.I am sorry to hear your hands are blistered.The swim party sounds really fun.Sorry to hear the cake gave you a tummy ache.I hope you are better now.

Sharon, rats for rainy weather.At least you don’t have to shovel it.The cuppies sound great.We were watching the Barefoot Contessa today and she was making her chocolate cupcakes.They looked divine.

Lorelei, yay for time on the hamster wheel.Glad to hear it was nice today and you had a lovely walk.

Tlh, the Dixie cups are a great idea.I have some gel packs that I keep in the freezer that work wonders on aches and pains.Great attitude about how well you do in a race.Last summer I walked in the race for the cure; only a mile but it was one of the proudest accomplishments of my life.

Elmorton, glad to hear Morty is doing well.Sorry to hear you had to wear bandages on your nose in college.I am sure that generated many questions.I am sure the scabs would trigger fewer comments.Enjoy your break between semesters.I bought the Curad Hypoallergenic bandages and they are working pretty well.

White Orchid, glad to hear you wanted to work out longer. It’s a shame we have to go to work, huh?Congratulations for losing another 2 pounds.

Take care.

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I forget to mention Marty got some new bling yesterday too. He got an Omega watch. I will be paying off our jewelry bill for quite some time now.
14.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi friends, the weather got cold last night, so I slept really well. Hubby and I were lazy this morning and just relaxed. Then I watched hubby working on his classic car; it is almost running but it needs a bit more work. Then my BIL came over and hubby tuned up BIL's bike. I am looking forward to my sister getting her bike so we can ALL go for a nice bike ride
9.gif
I planted some flowers and was looking at my little tortoise; he loves to eat ants, silly guy. hehe

I talked to my friend and we are going for a 60 min walk this evening but before our walk I have some chicken breasts marinating for the grill. We will be having chicken, broccoli and salad for dinner. I still have strawberries and raspberries for dessert.
3.gif

Hope everyone is having a great weekend with beautiful weather!!!
35.gif

SHARON, yay for walking up a hill, that really targets the glutes. hehe Yay for some hard yard work too! Hope you got in your run!

BEE, yay for a wonderful time at your hen night!!! Girls nights are always the best. Oh gosh I love prawns, I wish we could get some good ones here in the desert.

WHITE ORCHID, woooo for your 2 lb lose and total of 15
36.gif

MARCY, beautiful, I posted in your thread, not sure if you saw? Oh that is faaaabulous news about your sis; kudos for all the encouragement!!!!
36.gif

Yay for a watch for Marty too, it is fun to treat ourselves!!! I bet it is lovely!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy, have fun going for a walk tonight. We are having cottage cheese and fruit for supper. I grilled steaks before Marty left to play golf (or he when golf clubbing as my little nephew called it yesterday). Your chicken sounds great. I did see your post in my EC RHR thread. Thank you. I can''t believe how clean it is for a SI2. I keep staring at it. Yes, we do have to treat ourselves. I told Marty we really helped out the economy but not our debt. Ha Ha.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy, what kind of classic car is your husband working on? I had a 66 mustang - candy apple red. I loved it.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.......We had a nice Sunday. Breakfast was our usual bowl of fresh fruit, blueberry scone and coffee on the terrace. It was a wam, but breezy nice morning. Lunch was Panera (turkey on an everything bagel), followed by coffee under the oak. Then we hit the gym around 3 PM. I worked out hard, and continued to avoid dong anything that could tax my sciatic nerve. I''m still not able to handle cardio on the elliptical, but I''m not in nearly as much pain as I have been, so either the Advil is working or I am making progress. We had baked chicken and steamed veggies (carrots, string beans and squash - yummm) for dinner. Dessert was a Biscotti and a cup of decaf at Sbucks. Tomorrow''s Monday Sushi night. I''m taking Friday off and turning the holiday weekend into a 5 day weekend. I really really need a break from work. And I have 5 days vacation to use by the end of June or I''ll lose the days if I don''t take them. I''m not willing to lose the days, period.

Yay for a great muscle hour Skippy! I''m glad you got to have a nice swim before it turned cooler. I''m sorry the work lunch didn''t work out because of the wind And yes, Sakai is the most amazing love. I''ve been owned by many kitties in my lifetime, but never have I been owned by any cat so loving as Sakai. As I type this, she''s curled up around my neck and every now and then she licks my neck just to let me know how much she loves me!!

Hey Sharon, yay for walking up hill and for warm weather. It''s about time you had some warm weather!!

Hen Night! That''s funny bee*!!

You go Orchid! Fifteen pounds is a great accomplishment!!

Marcy, I don''t often go to Show Me The Ring anymore, but had to see your new RHR EC, and it''s just beautiful!! Congratulations! And please congratulate Marty on the Omega. That''s one brand I''ve wanted as well. I have about 9 good watches, so it will be a long time before I can add to my collection. Actually, if I could have just one more watch, it would be a Chopard, with the double bezel and the floating diamonds. That''s such a cool watch!! BTW, my first car was a 1965 Mustang. I paid for it with cash I had saved from working since I was 11 and it was absolute wreck! The rubber gromet around the stick shift was torn and when it rained, water flew in through it. It didn''t last long, but it was my first car and I was so proud of it!!

I hope everyone had a great weekend and the upcoming week is great!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rod, I was so excited to see you did post a comment on my EC ring.I rarely see you post anywhere else but here.Thanks.I am glad you are making progress on your leg and having less pain, whatever is working I hope it continues.Glad to hear you are planning a long weekend next week.Sakai sounds so sweet.I will have to ask Marty if he knows Chopard (I am sure he does).His Omega is a diver’s watch with a bezel, I can’t remember the model.He is enjoying it.I hope you get both an Omega and Chopard someday.What color was your mustang?I am sure it was a great first car for you.I bought mine when I got out of college and my dad restored it.He was a mechanic by trade.We actually found one that the body was primed and ready to paint but the engine needed a complete overhaul.My dad did all the mechanical work on it and we had it painted.I mistakenly had original lead based paint put on it but it oxidized so bad we have to have it striped off and repainted with acrylic paint.I had it until Marty and I got married then we sold it for a more practical car.I was proud of my mustang too.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi gang, the grilled chicken was yummy!!! My friend came over and I had her do a little jogging with me; 1/2 mile. Then we walked 3.5 miles so 4 miles. Then I mowed the lawn. Now I am just relaxing eating a big bowl of berries. hehe Sleep well everyone!

MARCY, it is a benz; how fun to have a classic Mustang. Classic cars are fun! My family is huge into classic cars; my family does an annual car show. hehe It is a great EC!!!!
9.gif

ROD, yay for the gym and a gorgeous day in Tampa!!!! Hope your leg improves, you poor sweetie pie. Awww Sakai sounds so sweet!!! Rod groovy for having a Mustang too, they are purdy cars.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy, classic cars are very cool and fun. A benz sounds great.
36.gif
I think I found a great EC. Yippee!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results