shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 11th May till 17th May

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Evening everyone. Nothing new for me apart from took Amber out for a nice walk to clear my head which seems to have worked. Hope you all had a good day!

Welcome veryprettygood
35.gif
35.gif
It definitely takes a while to reply to everyone!! Well done for getting back into jogging and congrats on the baby! I''m in veterinary medicine. I think I''ll be the same and will cry for a month straight when I get my results. Life sucks sometimes
14.gif

Skippy-have fun at intervals tonight. Your dinner sounds delicious! Thank you for the thoughts!

Dee*Jay-I hope that the exam turns out better than I thought but you know the more you think about it and then you remember all the other things that you forgot to write..yuk! Well done on dropping below 125 lbs! That''s brilliant. Enjoy the drinks and the dinners out.

Hi canuk
35.gif

30 mins more study and then I''m going to try and go to bed. Talk to you all tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.I went to a dermatologist today.I had a mole on my arm that looked funny and a spot on my nose that started to bleed about a month ago.Being very pale I decided it wouldn’t hurt to have the spot on my nose checked.She said she didn’t think there was a thing wrong with it but she cut off that mole, a big mole on my neck where my necklace chains lay, and two spots on my nose.One is pretty big (looks like about a half inch circle).I forgot about my neck and was scratching on that spot awhile ago.I dug off the bandaid and couldn’t see where to put it back on.Marty is playing golf so I went next door to ask my neighbor to put one on for me.I felt stupid but I hate for it to start bleeding.The big spot on my nose is tingly but not really hurting.I will look cute with bandaids on my nose for a few days.I will of course be making up big stories about getting my nose caught in a jewelry case or something stupid like that.

I made homemade pizza for supper.Marty’s is in the frig for him when he gets home.

I am done with classes for almost 4 weeks.I don’t think I will start on the summer semester until the first week of June.Yippee!!!

Bee, sorry to hear you didn’t sleep but glad to hear D was trying to find ways to cheer you up.What are wheetabix?How awful you have to wait so long to find out the results of the test.

White Orchard, obviously the scale at work is more accurate.Congratulations on being down 2 pounds.

36.gif

Appletini, great idea to keep busy.It does help.

JCarly, rats for the apartment manager showing up while you were working out.Good plan to go for a walk to burn off some frustration.

Babysteps, where are you living now?Packing is a lot of work.

Verypretygood, welcome to the thread.I actually open Word and go back and forth between it and the thread reading and responding as I go along.Good luck on reaching your goal.

Skippy, I hope you found more energy as the day went on.I picked up some strawberries this weekend that are wonderful.It’s my favorite part of breakfast my fresh fruit.I have tried the laughing cow cheese; it’s great.Right now we have the whipped cream cheese.The mini bagels are so tiny I get by with 2 tsp of cream cheese.It’s just enough to get the taste.

DeeJay, I am glad you had some nice weather.It was great here today too.I hope running doesn’t hurt your shin again. Congratulations for being below 125 pounds.

36.gif

Sharon, it has been a long winter for you.Cold and wet weather is moving in again here tomorrow but the weekend forecast finally looks great.

Take care.

Marcy

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Ugh, I''m being horrible this week in keeping up. Morty (kitty) hurt himself on Monday evening, so I didn''t work out this morning (at vet), and I''ve been eating nothing good, but somehow I''ve still stayed under my allotted points (woo!). Weigh in is tomorrow, so we''ll see how it goes, and since it''s finals week, I think I''m going to go in for a looong work out in the am since I have some extra time due to the finals schedule. Already have my end of semester massage scheduled for Saturday morning!!

Bee*, hugs to you sweetie. We''ve spent a lot of time with vets in the last 48 hours, and I can''t tell you how grateful I am for people who love animals, study them, and take care of them. Thank you also for the thoughtful support in Morty''s dust thread - I can tell you''re already a wonderful vet :) Even with the setback, it''s clear to me (a stranger!) that you''re taking the right path. I''m hoping and praying that the outcome is much better than you expect, but even if it isn''t, I know you''ll persevere. Good luck with the rest of your exams!!

Apple - I''m so sorry about your loss. Hugs to you also!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning! I''m up early again to study and am going to go to step aerobics in an hour. Cannot wait for it as I haven''t done it in over a week and a bit and my trainer is back so it will be a great class. Talk to you all later!!

marcy-lol about the bandaid on your nose-definitely say it was because of the jewellery case! Wheetabix are these wholegrain cereal biscuit things and they''re delicious
18.gif
http://www.weetabix.co.uk/. I have them with some skimmed milk and then chop up a banana on top of them and it makes the most amazing breakfast.

Elmorton-thank you so much for your post. I will definitely persevere with it even if I have to take a year off. I hope your little Monty will be ok. Best of luck at your weigh in.

Talk to you all later!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Yay! I got called in for a final interview! :) Happy! It took ALL day for them to get back to me, so I was starting to get nervous. For no reason. But still really good! :) :) :)

Yesterday sis and I went for a long walk with the dog. Probably around 2 miles and change. The dog was pretty puttered out :) We were supposed to run but got lazy. At least we walked. :) Dinner was a stir fry, pepper steak & some spicy Peruvian style potatoes called papas huancaIna, where there''s an accent over the i. It''s pronounced wan-ca-INA. Super good and super tasty. I ate probably 2 potatoes worth it''s so good. Tonight I''m making brisket, Hmmm.. been doing a lot of red meat this week. I''m sure James is okay with that. I think I''ll make some nice salad/slaw to go with the brisket so I at least get a balanced meal. James thinks vegetables are optional parts of a meal.

Bee, vet med sounds really hard. I"m keeping my fingers crossed for you. I hear that vet medicine is a hard program in general because there''s not a lot of schools, so it''s pretty competitive. I"m very impressed

Marcy, homemade pizza sounds great! You should come up with a really funny story about bandaids on your face. I''m sure you look really cute. Are you going to do anything on your downtime between classes?

VeryPretty, welcome t the thread!

Skip, how was interval training?

Dee, wow, impressed with your weight loss. I''m hoping to get to 120-ish, right now just struggling to break 130. Wanna do yoga or something soon?

Sharon, hope you enjoy the nice weather. It''s raining here today BOOO so if you have sunshine enjoy it for the both of us. And Dee too.

Elmorton, Good job at staying under your points. Sorry about Morty!
7.gif
Hope he''s better. Massage sound fantastic!! All you WW folks are inspiring me to start tracking again. I think I''m going to do that starting today. :)

Rod, where are you? I hope your leg is doing better.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

I have an appointment at the physical therapy office in the big health club across the river to get new orthodic molds done this afternoon so I'm not going to work out until then. And my plan (shin willing!) is to run on the indoor rubber track and see how it goes.

The scale is being exceptionally kind to me (123.2) but I know that scale is a liar and a traitor so I don't belive it for a second!

Lliang, the only time I got below 120 was a few months ago (119.5 or so, LOL) and I was THRILLED. Alas, it was short lived! I don't know about this whole bikram thing... The only way I could bring myself to do it the last couple of times was to go for chocolate peanutbutter ice cream at Oberweis afterwards, and that kind of defeated the purpose, ha ha! Anything else you want to try around town? And CONGRATULATIONS on your final interview!

Bee, step aerobics first thing in the morning -- wow, I'm impressed!

El, good luck at your weigh in today, and I hope Morty is doing better.

Marcy, LOL on your nose getting caught in a jewelry case!

Sharon, I have the margaritas all mixed up and ready to go in the fridge. As soon as I hear you pull into the driveway I'm adding ice and hitting "GO" on the blender!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi friends, I ran 3 miles; it wasn't straight but I did 1 mi jog and my knee bothered so I walked/jogged another mile and then jogged 2miles straight and then cooled down 1/2 mi so that was a total of 4.5 miles, yay.
3.gif

My face is so red; I think I need a better sports bra too
40.gif
and I need to walk for a bit longer to warm up in the beginning. Gosh the past couple of jogs I have to say having the right socks makes a big difference, thanks Danielle.

Yesterday I did do my intervals class; we did a lot of jogging with the big ball (pouncing it with one hand and then running back, bouncing it with the other). we did a lot of lunges, squats and we used the bosu and weights, planks and side planks with a twist. I can't do the side planks twists, so I only do the side planks minus the twist so I still get the benefit.
37.gif

The fish was good but I like cod better. I am not sure what I will make for dinner, maybe trader joes low fat spinach pie with a salad and of course strawberries and raspberries for dessert since I have th big container from costco. Hope everyone is having a great day; I think it will be about 89 today and I will be watching my nephew. Take care!!!
1.gif

MARCY,
glad you had the derm look at your moles, ouch. YUM to homemade pizza; I love it!!! I bet Marty was so happy. hehe

ELMORTON,
I have been thinking of you and Morty, huge kitty hugs to you both. Yay for eating w/in your points!!

BEE,
yay for step aerobics; I miss it and loved it. best wishes on your studying; you will do great!!!

LISA,
yaya yayayay for the next interview; you are awesome woman! Yay for walking your dog with your sis; you two sound like you are close and have the best time together!! Your potatoes sound good.

DEEJAY,
yay you skinny woman!!!
36.gif
Oh I love my orthotics they make a huge difference; yay for running on the rubber track, great idea.

SHARON, cheers!
emcocktl.gif

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Skip, you definitely need a good sports bra. I had that problem and bought an expensive bra and it really helped make running more comfortable. Also I really hope you got fitted for proper running shoes. That also makes a HUGE difference in running. I wear smartwool socks and LOVE them.

Dee, wanna try regular yoga somewhere? I find it hard to do bikram when the weather is getting nice. I''ve gone to Moksha center and really like it. I think my sis and I are going to try out their 7:30 Hatha class tonight if you wanna meet up.

Mmm... the brisket is slow baking in the oven and smelling TASTY!!!!! must not snack! must NOT snack!

~Lisa

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Wow--everyone sounds like they are doing well; weight loss, eating well, taking care of health and skin--keep up the great job everyone!!
35.gif

Too cold to run outside/bike today--indoor stuff only. Will meet friends for lunch.

Miss Skippy: lululemon has great no bounce sportswear and I also love this company''s products:

http://www.anita.com/

Bee--hope you are feeling bettter about your course. Join DeeJay and I for drinks? Actually all are invited!
9.gif

cheers--Sharon

White Orchid

Shiny_Rock
I ran for 45 minutes of the elliptical last night and then took a long walk. I vacuumed the whole house and then washed the carpets. By the end of the day I was so hungry I pigged out on pizza and ate about 1900 calories for the day!
14.gif

So far so good today though!

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Skippy - you are doing great with the running. I have always done run/walk - not until lately have I really been able to go out and just run the entire time and there are days that I take walking breaks. As long as you keep at it, you will get better! Glad to hear the socks are working out - they really do make a difference! Oh - and the sports bra - I wear a champion one called the sport shape or something similar to that. It has an underwire and is great. I have no bounce at all in this bra and it has regular straps (which I prefer to a racer back). I''m a 36C, so I need the extra support.

I am in the last 2 weeks of my training plan for my 5 mile race and last night I had to run 6.5 miles (longest distance for me by one mile). I finished in 1:16:54. I was so happy I was under a 12 minute mile pace considering I had to take 2 walking breaks for a very strange tight shin pain and I had to stop to re-lace my shoe once! My goal is to finish my 5 mile race under an hour (finished in 68 minutes last year) and my lofty goal is to finish around 55 minutes. My 5k times have been around a 10:50 pace, so I imagine I will slow down a little bit in a 5 miler. But I am certainly looking forward to it!

Tonight I''m set to do 3.25 miles - should feel short compared to yesterday! I am putting my other workouts (30 day shred and this weight lifting routine from Fitness magazine) on hold until after this week so my legs are rested enough for running. I miss them though and can''t wait to get back to other things after the race!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So you guys will appreciate this... I went to the grocery store and got some baked kettle chips. Only 120 cals/serving and 4 servings in a bag. So I came home and separated the big bag into four baggies. And then I ate all four baggies.
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif

Oh well, I'm on my way to the East Bank Club in half and hour and I'll find a way to make up for it.

White Orchid

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/13/2009 3:48:44 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
So you guys will appreciate this... I went to the grocery store and got some baked kettle chips. Only 120 cals/serving and 4 servings in a bag. So I came home and separated the big bag into four baggies. And then I ate all four baggies.
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif

I''ve done this so many times... Doritos are my personal nemesis...

tlh

Ideal_Rock

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Evening everyone! Step aerobics was brilliant this morning. I love having my instructor back-the music she plays and the routine that she does is so much fun. Just back from work so getting ready to study for my exam tomorrow. No other news from me apart from after being so hungry last week, this week I''m the total opposite and I''m just not hungry at all. Strange!

lliang-woohoo for the interview!! I''m keeping everything crossed! There''s only one vet school in Ireland so it is quite hard to get into. I wish it was a bit easier once I got in
14.gif

Dee*Jay-lol about the crisps-I cannot tell you the amount of times that I''ve done that. Or I''ve bought packets of diet crisps thinking that I''d be really healthy but then I''d go and eat about five packets of them in one sitting! That is so cool that you''re 123 lbs! I hope that I reach that one day!

Skippy-woohoo on the run!! I still can''t believe how hard that intervals class sounds. I always find the shockwave sports bras the best-not sure if you have them over there but they really are fab at holding everything in place (coming from someone who wears a 32E)!

canuk-what time do you want me over at for the drinks
3.gif

White Orchid-well done on doing 45 mins on the elliptical!! And on cleaning the house!

Danielle-well done on all the running!

marcy-I made tacos today for lunch! They were delicious. I made them with cod and some taco seasoning and then put lots of salad and peppers and onions on them and a bit of salsa on top. Will definitely make them again.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.I came home from work early today.I had a headache and one spot on my nose was hurting.I look pretty silly with 2 bandaids hanging off my nose.LOL.

Marty had a bad day at work so he sent me a message about 3:30 saying he was just eating and not to fix him supper.I made my mini meatloaves and since I ate lunch about 11:30 I went ahead and ate all ready.I told him we could have wine when he gets home.

I spent the afternoon getting a program ready for our astronomy meeting this week.A recent magazine article had a story about discoveries made with a telescope covering the last 400 years so I rounded up pictures for that and wrote down some notes for the presentation.

Elmorton, good luck on your finals.I hope Morty is okay now.Your massage will be great this weekend.

Bee, I am glad you had a great workout today.Weetabix look great.They are probably like what we had called shredded wheat.Your tacos sound great.

Lisa, good luck with your final interview.I did tell one lady at work I got my nose caught in my jewelry box.

DeeJay, I hope the new orthotics help.That is great the scale is being good to you this week.At least you broke your kettle chips down in to portions.Those are great chips.

Skippy, I hate to hear you knee started bothering you but how wonderful you ran/jogged/walked that far today.

Sharon, we had cold move back in here today too.I hope you had a nice time at lunch.

White Orchard, yay for a great workout last night.Woo hoo for vacuuming the entire house.We just have to have pizza sometime.

Danielle, you are doing amazing on practicing for your 5K.Keep up the good work.

Tlh, those do look great.Thanks for the recommendation.

Hi Rod.I hope your week is going well.

Take care.

Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Back from the gym! I ran on the indoor track, and I went either 5.5 or 5.75 miles total (I knid of lost count after a while) but at least 3.25 of that was running. Seriously, if it weren't for shin pain I could just go forever! And interestingly enough my time is MUCH faster on a flat surface than on the dreadmill. On the dreadmill I run an 8.57 mile but on the track I was coming in at about 7.52. It was pretty boring though, so I really am going to try to go over to that outdoor track by the MCA in a few days and see how that goes. I need to either find my sailing watch or buy a new cheapie one so I can keep track of my time too.

Not much else to report (other than a big bowl of cereal--and not any kind that's good for me, LOL!--when I got home) but I think I'm done eating for the night, other than maybe some 10 cal jello or a couple of raspberries if I need something sweet later.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I had a lunch meeting today so I exercised when I got home. I went for a 30 min walk and then did the Jillian Michaels Blast Fat Boost Metabolism workout video...it was a lot of cardio. I am going to lunch with my mentee tomorrow and I have a mani/pedi scheduled for afterwork so if I can I''m going to try and finish work an hour early and hit the gym for a little bit before my mani/pedi.

Marcy,
I hope your nose heals quickly.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey......I''m here! Thanks for wondering where I was. Sorry for being MIA. Just a quick catch up. Charlie was off Saturday, so we went to the gym, then met friends for dinner, then saw Star Trek (Fabulous movie by the way, highly recommended......really......No, Really!). So, we got home too late for me to check in Saturday night. Sunday, was just a busy day and all fo the sudden it was bed time. I''m not sure what happened Monday and Tuesday, but I had a lot of work to get done and just never got to check in. We didn''t even have our usual Monday night sushi. We did it last night instead. Today, the "big" bosses were in and we had homework assignments to have ready for their arrival. I guess that''s where Monday and Tuesday went........Work. Ugh. My leg is still hurting. But, I won''t give up going to the gym and I went tonight. I''ve modified my workout and am trying to avoid doing things that aggravate it, but it seems my leg hurts whether I work out or not, so I''m working out. That''s the quick summary.

Hey to everyone! Great opener as always Lorelei!

You crack me up DeeJay. First thanks for missing me and the chip clip was so you!! I laughed out loud!!

Skippy, me thinks a runner is being born! 2 miles!! You go girl!! Soon, you''ll be signing up for 5K''s, then 10K''s, then 1/2 marathons.....then whole marathons!!!

Apple.......I''m so sorrry to learn of the loss of your grandmother. Cyber hugs to you. I''m glad to see you''re getting back into your routine.

Marcy, I''m glad you went to the dermatologist and had things taken care of.

bee*, I''m sorry to see you worry about the test results. I hope it all turns out well for you. Hugs to you my dear!

Welcome veryprettygood!

Yay for the 2nd interview liang!!

That''s about it from. Sorry to have missed anyone..........cya tomorrow night.

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
I am a sweaty mess! Back from my tennis lesson – I may never be very good but I love the hard cardio of an hour of tennis! Is it just me or is this week whizzing by? I did get on the scale this week . . . and I''m not QUITE there yet - 161 lbs. I am trying to bust thru 160 - that probably sounds ghastly for many of you (Dee*Jay, you are TINY! I think I weighed 120 in 8th grade - LOL) but I''m 5''8" and broad shouldered - my goal weight is about 145, that''s what I weighed when I got married, it''s about a size 8 for me vs. my current 10. So I am trying to get there next week!

Bee* - you have been great about hitting your exercise classes amidst all your exams and studying, you inspire me!

Veryprettygood – welcome! Post-baby weight WILL come off, you can do it!

Skippy – go, go , go – you are doing so well with your running! Make sure you are stretching out your hip flexors and quads – if those big muscles get tight they can pull down the front of your thigh and across your kneecap and bother your knee. Too crazed with moving this week – my BodyPump debut will have to wait til next!

Dee*Jay – WOW you are fast! That is terrific time on your running, you rock! I too have done the package out the snack/eat all the portions thing – usually with chips!! I just cannot have them in the house – am powerless.

Canuk-gal—I have the opposite problem – 88 degrees and humid here in Asia! I adore Lululemon gear, my fave by far

Marcyc- good for you getting to the dermo – I have had melanomas removed (caught early) and I am a zealot about mole checks etc. – if it looks a little funny, WHAP – off it goes. Better to be safe! Yay for being on a break from school for you!

Elmorton – good luck with the weigh in and enjoy that hard-earned massage!

Lisa – congrats on the the final interview, and good luck!! (I LOVE brisket, we shred it for homemade BBQ, delicious!)

White Orchid – great exercise – 1900 cal. is not bad at all, esp. on such an active day - just think about your net calories after elliptical/housework/walk etc. – you burned a lot!

Danielle – Yay for your training, you sound like you are really ready for your race!

Appletini – do you like the Jillian Michaels videos? Am thinking about getting them

Rod – you are awesome for pushing thru the workouts – continued hope for improvement in the leg pain.

Bye for now friends!
35.gif
{I just realized how many exclamation points I used in this post - oops!
37.gif
}

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Hi friends.
35.gif
I''ve been doing the guilty avoiding the thread thing again. Which is silly. And becoming a pattern. Meh.

I gained 3lbs. *sigh* I''ve still lost 4 in 3 weeks, so I''m hangin on to that thought.

I had a total and complete meltdown last night. I can''t zip my ugly bridesmaid dress. I''ve only got about 6 weeks to get back into it before I''ll HAVE to get it altered.

Got into a fight with DH, because I keep asking him to help me, and he keeps maintaining an attitude of, "here have another cookie."
14.gif
I think I finally, FINALLY explained to him that I''m miserable, and that I NEED his help. So we shall see. I''ll read the rest of the thread and catch up, but I just wanted to post first.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning all. I had an exam this morning and it went ok so I'm happy enough with it. Other than that, it's just study again for me today. I really want to get to the gym but don't think that I can afford to lose an hour or two of study.

Marcy-sorry to hear that you had a headache yesterday. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Dee*Jay-sounds like you're doing fab with all the running. No wonder you're so light!

appletini-hope you enjoyed the mani/pedi.

Rod-yay you're back! I was wondering where you'd gotten to. Well done on still going to the gym despite the sore leg-that's great determination. Thanks for the hugs!

babysteps-thank you babysteps. I hope that you bust through the 160 soon. That's the point that I'm at now and I want to try and get down to about 130. I'm 5'4 so definitely need to lose a bit more. Glad you enjoyed the tennis.

gecko-you'll definitely be able to fit into the dress if you have 6 weeks to go. I'll keep everything crossed. Hopefully your DH will support you in the weight loss.

Well talk to you all later!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Okay I think not fitting into my white pants from last year isn''t all me. I was going to put on one of my regular pair of work pants this morning that had recently come back from the cleaners....well I put them on they were very tight, I think the cleaners shrunk them. Then I put on another pair of pants that are technically a smaller size and they fit fine. So I think the white pants delimma is a combo of me expanding a little and the cleaners somehow shrinking them a little. At least this is what I''m going to tell myself.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Bee- I''m sorry your exam didn''t go well! We''re always our own worst critics though - I''ll keep everything crossed for you as well, and thanks for the kinds words!

appletini - I''m so sorry to hear about your grandma.
7.gif

Marcy - yay for pants that fit! And you should totally tell everyone you were attacked by an inanimate object and hit in the nose.
9.gif

veryprettygood- Welcome! My hubby has a sweet tooth too, so I know how that goes. When I reply to everyone I usually just jot down what I want to say on a piece of paper as I read and then type it in.

Dee- yay for being below 125! That''s amazing!!! And I''ve so mowed down all the pre-portioned things in the pantry before.

lliang - congrats on the interview!

A big HI!!! to everyone
35.gif

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone!!

I didn''t do yoga with my sister. The weather was looking REALLY bad. I''m going home to FL this weekend to do for a memorial service for my grandma who passed almost a year ago. And it''s mine and my sister''s birthday on Saturday (we''re twins). So tonight I''m going to try to hit yoga, probably vinyasa, not bikram. I need to go down to Chinatown to pick up some pastries (per request of my mother) and bought some Indian sweets from Devon last weekend. Which I''ve been REALLY REALLY good about not eating. But this weekend is going to be a lot of eating, so the plan is for Leena and I to hit yoga or something while we''re down there. We''ll see. I''m also going to buy 4 chickens for my mom as a late Mother''s Day present.

Dinner last night was brisket, green bean salad & mac n'' cheese. The brisket was a touch too salty, the green bean salad was tasty and we kinda burned the crust of the mac n'' cheese. I''m going to try to make some lasagna or something tonight so James has food to eat through the weekend since I"ll be gone.

I snacked WAY too much yesterday. The brisket smelled SO tasty in the oven. Bad bad lisa.

My interview is at 2:30PM today. Thanks everyone for the well wishes. I''m also meeting with someone from my old company for lunch @ 12N. So I''ll have a pretty busy afternoon. I"m hoping it all will go well, I''m sure it will.

White Orchid, I totally pig out on pizza too. I get my pizza fix now by making it at home with whole wheat crust and less cheese. I feel it''s a little more healthy than pizza I buy from the store. Or at least that''s what I tell myself.

Danielle, When''s your race? Your 5 miles will seem like nothing :) Have fun!

Dee, Glad EBC''s track worked out for you. I''ve never run outside at the MCA, but I figure I should give it a shot sometime.

Bee, Great you''re still hitting the gym during finals time. I was always really bad with letting that be an excuse not to go. Actually, come to think of it, I rarely worked out in college. Ah, to be 20 again.... I''m sure vet school is way hard. At least you''re coming up to the tail end of your exams!

Marcy, Aw, mini meat loaves. I think I need to do that too. So cute!! I''ve toyed with the idea of making them in muffin cups. Ha ha. There''s meatloaf bakery in Chicago. I still haven''t gone yet, but I keep telling James I wanna check it out.

Apple, hope you liked your mani/pedi. Hugs still for you and your family. Bummer about the cleaners shrinking you clothes. They do that to me too. Grrr!!!

Rod, you''re back!!! Sounds like things have been crazy busy. I''m glad you still go to hit the gym, but it sucks that the leg is still hurting. How''s the chiro appts helping?

Baby steps, tennis lessons sound awesome! I don''t think I''m coordinated enough to do tennis, but James has a racquet. It might be fun to play every now and then.

Gecko, Hey you''re back!!! Don''t avoid us, we love having you around! And I''m like you and have been REALLY bad but I''m getting back on the horse now. Aw, sorry about the bridesmaid dress. How much do you have to loose to get into it? I wanna loose a good 15 lbs in 2 months for my dress fitting, so maybe we can motivate each other. Deal?? So what''s the goal for today?

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2009 9:46:09 AM
Author: lliang_chi
Hi everyone!!

Gecko, Hey you''re back!!! Don''t avoid us, we love having you around! And I''m like you and have been REALLY bad but I''m getting back on the horse now. Aw, sorry about the bridesmaid dress. How much do you have to loose to get into it? I wanna loose a good 15 lbs in 2 months for my dress fitting, so maybe we can motivate each other. Deal?? So what''s the goal for today?
Hi lliang. Thanks for the kinds words. And I''d love to motivate each other!!! As for the dress, it fit at 210 (or at least the sample size did!). I''m at 221 right now. So hypothetically I only need to lose 11lbs. But - I''d really rather get down to or just below 200 by the wedding (July 12th, but I need to get the dress fitted a few weeks in advance).

So. I''m shooting for 11-20lbs.

The goal for today. Well, there are 3.

1. No %$&*@&!*@*@& trips to the vending machine!!! I hate that thing with a passion!!!
2. MOVE. I''m taking a walk on my break, and doing a video when I get home. I''ve also replaced my home office chair with an exercise ball (they wouldn''t let me at work).
3. Going to dinner with a friend at Olive Garden. I shall order the soup and salad, or a garden fare meal, and have exactly ONE breadstick!

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/14/2009 9:46:09 AM
Author: lliang_chi

Danielle, When''s your race? Your 5 miles will seem like nothing :) Have fun!
Hi Liang, The race is May 23rd (next Saturday, eeek!). I am hoping 5 miles feels good by then. It feels ok now, but I''d like it to feel a little easier. I''m up for a 5.5 miler today and Saturday morning and then I go into semi-taper mode for next week to rest up the legs.

DeeJay - you are SUPER fast, I think my fastest mile time ever was 9:30 and I felt like I was sprinting. Have you considered looking around for some strength exercises for your shins to help prevent shin pain? On Tuesday when I was running, my shin felt super tight, but I just took the early parts very slow and eventually it loosened up. I normally don''t get shin pain at all, so it might be diff. for you!

Apple - do you like the Blast Fat video from Jillian? I have the 30 day shred, and I have only tried Levels 1 & 2 on it, and I much preferred Level 1 so I stick with that, but I would like to get another video for variety. She has another new one as well that I believe is more focused on weight lifting, I might try that one. Also - clothes definitely shrink over time. I have a pair of paints that I bought in 2001 when I was 20 pounds heavier than I am now, and the waist still fits me. Obviously my waist is smaller so the pants must have gotten smaller over time.

Dani - for the vending machine, can you hide your money, or leave it at home? If you can''t buy anything from it, maybe the temptation will subside after awhile!

Bee - good luck on the rest of your exams!

Marcy - hope the nose heals up quickly and that your headache wasn''t too bad.

Rod - can''t believe your dr. basically blew you off with your help. Hopefully the chiropractor will help and if not, maybe he can hook you up with a physical therapist or something.

Babysteps - tennis lessons sound fun!

As for me, I did my 3.25 miles last night and although my legs were sore, it wasn''t that bad. Today I have to do 5.5 miles and it''s raining so I have to go to the gym and treadmill it up. The treadmill & I have been battling lately, so hopefully it will go well. Can''t wait to do other workouts next week!

Sorry for everyone I missed, but I gotta get back to work! Have a great day all!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Danielle,

Last night was the first time I did the metabolism boost...I liked it, but I wouldn''t want to do it all the time. I really like shred 1 & 2. The last time I did it wrote down all the moves from the shred 1 so I can do it at the gym too (thats my plan for this afternoon). What is the name of the strenth training video? I''ll have to try that one. I just do the comcast ondemand so I dont have to commit to purchasing a video, also I don''t really know how to work our DVD player...we have too many remotes and it can hold up to 5 or 6 CD/DVDs so the on demand is less complicated.

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Apple - thanks! The other video is called "No More Trouble Zones". In the Amazon reviews, someone lists out all the exercises and it seems more along the lines of 30 day shred. It''s only $8.99 on there actually so I may pick it up. The on-demand thing is really cool, but unfortunately we don''t use a cable box (die hard Tivo fans!) so we miss out on that stuff, but I''m betting it''s on there or will be on there soon - it came out at the same time as the other video. I hear ya on the remote thing. My hubby even bought a big universal remote that controls everything we have, but I still can''t figure out how to switch between components. I can turn the tv on/off with that remote and then use the Tivo remote to do everything else! It''s a running joke in our house when our friends come over to see if they remember which button to use to turn the TV on :).

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay for all the running, walking, biking and other activities in this thread; it seems like since it is no longer cold and the days are beautiful many people are getting out and working out, very fun and yay for nice weather.
emhot.gif
1.gif

Yesterday my BIL came over after my sister came over to pick up my nephew; he had a brand new bike my sis has been wanting but it was a surprise and he brought it over so he could hide it and give it to her on their anniversary! I am so excited for them and that I am sure I will be going biking with them once she gets the new bike.
1.gif
hehe

Tonight is sports challenge/boot camp so very similar to Tues. Last night we had TJ's low fat spinach pie and I cut up some fresh cucumbers and sprinkled rice vinegar over them and they were so yummy! I always liked the salads at the sushi places so the rice vinegar was similar but I think there are a few more ingredients in their dressing. I might do a chicken breast, with pad thai noodles and veggies for dinner.

Hope everyone has a great Thurs; I am happy since it will be a little cooler today, around 86 degrees.
emhot.gif
ps. thanks for the bra suggestions!!! I will check them out
1.gif

LISA,
I went to a running store a little while back ago and they fit me for the right running shoes, thanks and I agree with you the right shoes make a big difference! Do you just buy the smartsocks online? MMMMM brisket, I love brisket, yum! Yay for your birthday, want me to add you to the bday list if you aren't already on there? hugs about your grandma.

SHARON,
hope it warms up soon and yay for meeting a friend for lunch! cheers.

WHITE ORCHID,
woo for your 45 min run!! yum to pizza

DANIELLE,
thanks, that is good to know! I have a quick question, can you ever take a few steps in the race or are you disqualified? Wow, yay for your 5 mile race; you will do awesome woman!!!! Yay for your run too!!!! That is great you are getting so fast! I like 30 day Shred too!

DEEJAY,
you didn't do bad; that was only approx 500 calories. The same thing happens to me with cheetos; I can't buy those things. Wow, you are faster than my friend who is a marathon runner!!

TLH,
hi lady!

BEE,
woo for brilliant step; glad your instructor is back!! Happy ps anni and happy 10k posts!!! thanks.

MARCY,
oh no, about your headache and your nose, hope you feel better soon. yum to mini meatloaves! Oh I think my knee will be fine; I just need to warm up longer in the beginning, thank you, you are always so sweet!

APPLE,
I bet your nails look very purdy!!!
9.gif

ROD,
I missed you. I loved Star Trek too; it was a great movie! I even clapped at the end and others did too. hehe I am sorry about your leg hurting for so long, sending you a giant hug. Thanks for the kudos!

BABYSTEPS
yay, for being close to your goal!!!!!!!
9.gif
awesome, and yay for tennis! I always wanted to play; I need to learn.

GECKO,
hang in there; you can do it. I am sorry about your dh, I have someone that is that way with me and I just say a firm no and tell them they can't do this to me. hugs, you will get there!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results