shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 11th May till 17th May

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Did 65 mins on the hampster wheel, two hard sets of arms and 100 bridges this morning. And a lesson learned from yesterday: apparently four servings of potato chips = .8 pounds added back on to your a$$ per the scale!
6.gif
What. Ever. !!!

Danielle, Babysteps and Skippy, I didn't feel like I was going that fast LOL, but thank you for saying that!

Danielle, I'm trying various things to work on my shin problem, but to some degree I might have to sadly accept that it is what it is. Oh well, after a while it becomes "white noise" on my body and I just ignore it.

Babysteps, I should have known better than to buy a big bag in the first place, but I somehow thought I could control the situation. Obviously not!

Apple, I'm with you on the cleaners shrinking things. Seriously. Sometimes I get stuff back and I'm like, um, no, I would like the ADULT version of this item back that I came in here with, not this child sized thing you're pawning off on me now!

Dani, good for you for setting three great goals! As for your DH helping you, it is hard. The XHH does all of our cooking and I have to beg him not to go with all of the calorie packed recipes that he wants to make.

Lliang, I hope to go over to the track within the next couple of days (maybe tomorrow if my client timing works out) so I'll let you know how it is. In a perfect universe I would walk over and back (1.7 miles each way) and run there, but I'm thinking I will probably drive over and get a better lay of the land this first time.

Bee, good luck with your next exam!

Rod, I will tell Bill you liked Star Trek. He was trying to decide whether it was worth going to see or not.

March, how's your nose doing?

TLH, thanks for the chips link; I will look for them at the store next time I go!

White Orchid, I have little snack packs of baked Doritos in the car for my clients... but at the rate I'm going through them none of my clients will ever get their hands on one!

Sharon, invite anyone you want! I have a big roofdeck and lots of tequila to go 'round!

Skippy, the BEST BEST BEST workout bra I have found is from Moving Comfort. I like the Maia, but I think all of their products are good. Here's a link: link

El, are you just LOVING our weather right now? I'm looking for excuses to go walk around outside just to enjoy it!

Hello Lorelei!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
DEE, I bet it is the salt/water weight, so check out the scale tomorrow or the next; that ways happens to me when I eat something salty and thanks for the link!!! woo to the workout!

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Skippy - I have never been to a race where you would be disqualified for walking (even the whole thing!) This is a silly example, but even in the NYC Marathon 2 years ago, Katie Holmes was shown walking a bit. The race organizers want you to be safe!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello ya''ll:
35.gif

Everyone is so busy and active--yipee!

Crum bummy weather, so I rode the bioke indoors and did my stretching routine. Met a friend for coffee and while cruising some shops got caught in a sleet/rain downpour. What the heck!
20.gif
Bought some cuppies for my family--they love them!!

Keep well folks!!

cheers--Sharon

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all!

A la Dee, I just did 45 mins on my hamster wheel, so plugging away.
9.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone! You guys are doing great!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif

HOLY Steroids Batman! Dee*Jay, that is phenomenal.... that is quite a pace to keep up for so long, you ROCK!

Skippy - I''m luvin'' it! Sending my love to the runner''s! I just wanted to say, when you leave the door, and in one outting complete 4 1/2 miles... you''ve done 4.5 miles. I don''t care if you ran, jogged, limped, or crawled. Movement is key! Trust me... there is a theory in running called "time on legs" - and it is important to remember - no matter the distance. That is really awesome! WHOOP WHOOP! Remember a journey of a thousand miles, must begin with a single step.

Marcy I''m glad your nose is doing better.

Appletini - Jillian michaels... yeah I want her abs... good job on her video... does she scream like she does on the show?

Rod- sorry to hear about your leg... I deal with sports related injuries from time to time and have learned that aleve is my best friend... not so much for the pain relief, but the anti-inflammatory benefits. Have you tried freezing dixie cups in your freezer and applying directly to where it hurts on your leg (10-12 minutes) this is very effective and can help heal most pains within 2-3 weeks.

babysteps- rock on w/ the tennis, that is a really fun way to work out and feel like you''re just playing! way to go!

Danielle - you are right, most races have notes about walking in them, you just need to make sure it is a walker friendly course if you plan on walking the entire thing.. but there is an entire school of thought, called penguins, that do run-walk distance races with a LOT of success, and actually do better than people that set out to run the whole thing, since running and walking work out different muscles... running uses a lot more stabalizing muscles since you are only on one leg 98% of the time.

canuk-gal - good for you on the bike and stretching even in spite of the bad weather!

Lorelei- is the hampster wheel the treadmill??? Anywho, congrats!

If I missed anyone I am sorry.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Hi all! Finals are almost over - just one to go tomorrow, get them graded, and then it''s SUMMER! That is, until Jun 8th when classes start up again. :)

Thank you everyone who was thinking about my kitty! Morty is doing great!! He actually just climbed up on my lap to say Hi to you all :) The hardest part is keeping Morty and Elmo separated. Elmo is really confused, and I think Morty is going to miss being an "only child" when he''s all healed up.

This week just feels harder to eat right - I''m still doing OK, but not fabulous. At my weigh-in, I lost .6. It''s still a loss, so I''m not complaining, but that put me at -4.6! I really want to be able to say that I''ve lost 5!! Still, my goal was 1-2 lbs a week, and I''ve been losing 1 a week so far, so I can''t complain too much. It''s just hard to stay motivated at the beginning since progress is so small. DH and I haven''t been to the gym this week between being up late with Morty/all around tired/having weird schedules, but I hope we''ll pick it back up by the end of this week.

For those who work from home - how do you keep from constantly grazing? Since I have a few weeks "off" between semesters starting Monday, I''m kinda afraid that I''m going to not be able to control myself when I no longer have a clear schedule and the fridge is within reach most of the day.

Dee*Jay - It''s FABULOUS today! We had some nasty storms yesterday though, did you get that same line? It looks like it''s going to storm again on tomorrow and then smooth sailing for the weekend.

Lliang - Happy birthday!!

Skippy - Aw, cute about hiding the bike! Dinner sounds awesome. Which Japanese dressing do you like? A place in my hometown had a white one that I just loved (could never track down the recipe), but all the ones here do an orangey ginger dressing that is also excellent and I''ve managed to find a close enough bottled version. It''s Tonton ginger dressing and marinade, and I love dipping carrots in it as a snack.

gecko - hey, we have the same goal! my starting weight was 221 a few weeks ago, and I''d really like to be under 200 for my friend''s wedding on July 25. My BM dress isn''t in yet, but I know it''s going to need altering regardless, so the sooner this weight comes off the better, ya know. I hope you have a good time at the Olive Garden! I heart that salad (and actually have the recipe for it if you want it! It''s easy to make it a little healthier, too). Count me in with Lliang on the BM cheering on!!

Apple - yay about finding out about the white pants!

Bee - Good job with the morning exam - and good luck with the next! How many down, how many to go??

Babysteps - no, your scale numbers do not sound ghastly to me but terrific! Keep up your hard work to bust through 160!

Rod - Glad you enjoyed ST!

Marcy - I know what it''s like to have the bandaids on your nose!! I had to go through that in college. Finally I just took off the bandaids because the scabs got less ?s than the bandaids did.

Danielle - Great job with your race progress! Hope your 3.25 mi went well. :)

Whiteorchid - Great job for your 45 mins!

If I missed anyone - keep up the great work!!
35.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Evening! So completely bored of studying this evening! D enjoyed the fish tacos so much last night that he asked would I make them again. They''re really are tasty and so quick to make! Hope you are all having a nice evening!

appletini-that''s great (in a way!)that your white pants don''t fit as they were shrunk! Now you have an excuse to buy another pair!

gecko-thank you!

lliang-how did you get on? I never exercised when I was in college first time round but I''m 27 now so I think that if I don''t start a good routine now, everything will be down around my knees in a few years.

Thanks Danielle-best of luck in the last week of training for it!

Thanks Skippy-enjoy your class tonight!

Dee*Jay-You''ll lose that .8 in no time (plus I think that crisps are so worth that .8!). With all that exercise you''re doing, it will fall off you.

canuk-ugh I hate getting caught out in the rain. Enjoy the cuppies.

Lorelei-woohoo that you''re still ploughing on with it!

hi tlh!

Elmorton-woohoo for the finals nearly being over! For me, I have one tomorrow morning and one on saturday morning and an oral exam on the 27th and that''s me done. Glad to hear that Mortys doing ok and yay for the .6 loss! You''ll be able to say -5 soon!

Night all
35.gif
35.gif

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/14/2009 4:48:43 PM
Author: tlh

Danielle - you are right, most races have notes about walking in them, you just need to make sure it is a walker friendly course if you plan on walking the entire thing.. but there is an entire school of thought, called penguins, that do run-walk distance races with a LOT of success, and actually do better than people that set out to run the whole thing, since running and walking work out different muscles... running uses a lot more stabalizing muscles since you are only on one leg 98% of the time.

Tell me about it - I am always losing in the races to these people! It was a real personal goal of mine to be able to run a 5k without stopping this year and I have achieved that goal, but I am slow compared to most recreational runners so I am next to a lot of sprint---walk---sprint type people. At the end when I am trucking along trying to push that last .1 miles, they go into full on sprint mode and I don''t have enough energy left for that! But I am ok with that - I''m not going to be winning any 5ks ever (hello 5 minute miles!), so I run and compete for myself.

Just got back from my 5.5 mile run - finished in 64:08 (11:39 pace). It was on the treadmill and I usually struggle there, so I feel good! I am pretty happy with this number as I''m hoping my race pace will be somewhere between 11 & 11:30 per mile! I can''t believe I have 18.5 this week and I still have a 5.5 mile run to do on Saturday!

Elmorton - are your kitty names where your user name came from? I love pet names, we all treat them like people, but then they have these cute little funny names :). Glad Morty is getting better!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi friends, well it was my last night of my favorite bootykicker class since I am starting a class on Tues/Thurs and can't go to the gym because they conflict. Tonight was the hardest; someone put in a special request, everyone has to be doing a circuit station and then everyone does sprints and switches stations. So for example we would do weights on the bosu for 2 mins and then sprint for a min, then some other station, like step with squats for 2 min and then sprints again for 1 min and so on and so forth. 4 times she split the class in two and well pulled the rope; my hands have rope burn
14.gif
I really didn't like that part but it was good exercise. My hubby has been riding his bike to work for exercise which is good for him so I am happy he is doing that.

Well I decided to buy TJ's roasted chicken with rice and a big salad so that is what we will do for dinner. Hope everyone is having a wonderful Thursday and TGIF tomorrow!
35.gif

DANIELLE,
lol, sorry for my goofy question. I was watching Malcolm in the middle and they disqualified someone for walking so I wondered if that was true. Oh boy, now I feel silly for asking but now I don't have to worry about it, thank you!!!! I am so happy you are posting in this thread; I appreciate being able to ask you questions!!! thank you. I just saw yours to TLH, and that is interesting; now I am glad I asked that question!!! I learned something new, yay!

SHARON,
boo for the weather. Yay for bike riding and shopping!!!!

LOR,
woo for a workout ala dee!

TLH,
yay for joining us woman!!! Can I use whoop whoop as my quote quoting you? hehehe
1.gif
I like it!!!! Thanks, your words are very motivating!!! Woo for all your running! I just saw your post to Danielle and learned something new; I want to hear more on the walk/run too!

ELMORTON,
biggest hugs to you honey for your kitties. I hope Morty feels better soon and hope the kitties can be together soon. Yay for losing!!!! You are exactly right; a loss is a loss, HUGE KUDOS!!!! I tend to eat little snacks since I am home like carrots, or celery, cheese sticks (TJ's has a light 1 pt cheese), and I eat 3 meals and 2 light snacks between the meals. Also if I know I am snacky for no reason I go for a quick walk or drink water or put a mint in my mouth. Thanks, I am so excited for my sister. She came over tonight and it was hard not to say anything but I didn't. hehehe Yeah, the sushi place said it was ginger a dash of soy sauce and carrot juice and rice vinegar, must be the same!!! I just used the rice vinegar for a lovely tang to it. YUM, I will have to look for Tonton dressing, thank you!!!

BEE,
yum to fish tacos; when you talk about them I think, boy do I wish I could try those fish tacos you make! England had the best fish so I bet Ireland does too, yum!!! Sleep well and best wishes on your tests!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2009 8:50:24 PM
Author: *~*Danielle*~*

Just got back from my 5.5 mile run - finished in 64:08 (11:39 pace). It was on the treadmill and I usually struggle there, so I feel good! I am pretty happy with this number as I''m hoping my race pace will be somewhere between 11 & 11:30 per mile! I can''t believe I have 18.5 this week and I still have a 5.5 mile run to do on Saturday!
Wooooo, that is awesome!!!!!
9.gif
Yay Danielle!!!!! You will do fab during your race!!!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Ugh, my interview got pushed back to Tuesday. They decided to do a little Project Management experiment and said they''ll give me time to prep a presentation. I think it''s just them trying to seem "cool." I''m not worried, except the project they supplied was "Make our website better." I told the recruiter, "That''s WAY to ambiguous. I need a forum to ask questions or have some kind of guidelines and/or rough requirements." She said they''ll get back to me soon. It''s like me telling any of you, "Make my house pretty."

So my interview got postponed so I took the opportunity to do some shopping at Nordstrom Rack. I bought the cutest pair of patent blue "top sider" flats by Sperry, the top sider/boat shoe making company. Plus a pair of dressy gold flip flops to wear with my after party dress for my wedding. And a bright red top because I don''t have one and two pairs of SmartWool socks. So Skip, if you have a Nordstrom Rack in your area, I scored SmartWool socks for $6, which is a total bargain they usually go for $12. For places that have it, check any running store, REI, etc. Or order them online (cheaper). So I spent too much $$ but I like all the stuff I got.

Then I went to Chinatown to pick up some pastries for my parents, did a little Chinese grocery shopping and picked up some dinner for me and James. I bought some extra so I don''t have to make food for James this weekend. I hope James like tofu because that was on of the dishes I bought. Love the stuff
18.gif
I still might make the lasagna, in case he doesn''t.

Sharon, I''m going to have to check out Luluemon''s sports bras. I''m running low on my no bounce ones. I left my favorite one in FL last time I was down there. Yay you got a good indoor workout in. It''s so easy to just say "Oh, it''s raining... I''ll do it tomorrow."

Lore, awesome with the hamster wheel work out. Plugging away is good.

Gecko, how were your goals. I think the having no money is a great way to beat the vending machine cravings. Or ONLY keep twenties. I don''t want you to get stuck in an emergency with no money. It''d be kinda a pain in the tooshie to break a twenty for a bag of chips. Those exercise balls are GREAT for you posture! And how was the Olive Garden challenge. I used to go there as a kid with family and I used to DEVOUR the breadsticks. Now I just avoid the restaurant all together to stay away from the breadstick temptation.

Danielle, 5 miles should be totally doable for you. That weight lifting Jillian DVD sounds pretty good. I''m going to pick it up too. I"m always looking for more weight lifting stuff. Danielle, if you want to try to run faster, you should do interval training. Get a watch that can do multi-timers (e.g. count down 2 mins, then count down 5 mins) and after you warmed up a fair bit, do 2 mins at 75%, 3 mins at 25%. Do that for a week or two weeks, then slowly up the fast time segment and decrease the slow time segment. I wouldn''t go more than 20 mins of that, it''s pretty intense. You''ll find yourself running faster soon.

Apple, I like Shred too, I''ve not tried level 3 yet though.

Skip, your BIL sounds like such a cutie, surprising your sis with a bike. It''s tons of fun to go biking with a buddy. I hope you have some nice trails and stuff to bike down. Wow! your Bootykicker class sounds like a really Booty KICKER! That''s freaking AWESOME. For the sushi restaurant salad dressings, you''ll need rice vinegar, ginger, mirin or sugar, and soy sauce if it''s a dark sauce/salt if it''s a light colored sauce. You can mix up the sugar with honey if you like, I sure do. You can add anything else on top of that. I do a fusion style with dill and garlic. It''s tasty.

Hope everyone else has a good night!!!

~Lisa

Dee, didn''t hit yoga yet but I''ll think I''ll go next week. Walking to NU track sounds like an awesome idea and good way to make sure you do enough cool down & warm up (something I''m always so bad at). Where do you park over there? Awesome with the treadmill. I did 100 bridges today too, you inspired me. :)

Rod, How''s the leg? Did your chiro help? I''m seeing one on Tuesday about my wrist. I can''t do push ups it hurts too much. My sis watched Star Trek too and said it was really good. She loved the classic one-liners "Damnit Jim, I''m a doctor not a physicist!"

TLH, hi!!! You''re so right when you said to Skippy it''s all about movement.

Elmorton, I work from home. There are days that it''s SOOOO hard to stop snacking. I have very stern conversations with myself. I think a good thing that helps is to stay hydrated. I drink about 2 liters+ of water a day. I''m glad Morty''s doing okay. Is Elmo missing his buddy? You lost 4.6 lbs! That''s AWESOME!!!!

Bee, Mmm, fish tacos. Sorry, I don''t understand the phrase "How did you get on?" so I can''t answer your question. I didn''t exercise much at all in Uni, and now started to notice some serious pound increase and have been forcing my butt in gear. My running started last summer when I was training for a triathlon. I haven''t gotten back into it again but I''m going to try to this month. My goal is to run 12 miles a week, I''m going to start with running over 6. Today was 3. When are your finals DONE done? We used to do a "I''m done" dance when we were done with finals. I highly suggest it, it blows a lot of steam off :)

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
LISA, oh gosh, I hate when they recruiters come up with things like that. I once had someone say, which disney character would you be and why? Ugh! I like the real interviews where you meet several people in the org. We don''t have a Nordie Rack; I soooo wish we do. NM is behind the times as far as shopping goes, we are lucky to have a Anthropology, Ann Taylor, Costco, Trader Joe''s, Macy''s and Dillards. I would have to go to AZ; we do have an REI so I will look for those next time I am there, thank you! HAPPY BIRTHDAY
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
KUDOS on doing a Triatholon last year; you are in great shape. thanks for the recipe; I love that dressing.
9.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.......It''s HOT down here in Tampa. And we''re finally getting some not just needed, but desperately needed rains. Today was the 3rd day in a row for an evening thunderstorm. We''ve been in a significant drought for some time. It had gotten so bad, they actually banned watering lawns or washing cars in your own driveway completely. So, the rains are more than welcome. Work wasn''t awful today, so that was good. It''s funny how we measure our work days as "not awful" lately, but that''s just the way it''s been. My leg felt maybe, possibly, just a better today too. I had my chiropractor appointment this afternoon after work and I let him know I was not very happy about hurting so badly. He changed how he was adjusting me and it actually feels a little better tonight. And he''s giving me a free session tomorrow after work. He did say the type of pinched nerve I have (sciatica) can take a couple months of treatment to get better. So, we''ll see. Tomorrow''s Friday.......YAYAYAYAY!!! We''re having our Friday Sushi night.

It''s already 11 PM and I feel bad that I can''t say hey to everyone individually. Especially since so many of you were so kind to welcome me back after being away for a few days. You are all very special to me and I promise I''ll try to carve out some time to say hey to each and everyone! I am so glad to be part of the PS HLT family!! YOU ALL ROCK!!!!!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi my HLT friends.
35.gif
I read all your posts and enjoyed catching up with you but I must get to bed. We went to the in-laws tonight so Marty could help them set up their new 52" TV. We just got home a little while ago. My nose didn''t bother me much today. I was telling people today they know my problems with knives this time I was just smelling my food when I cut it. The hole on my neck is kind of bothering me. I finally pulled me hair out of the way and looked at it in the mirror with another mirror (it''s completely in the back of my neck) and it''s probably about 5/8 to 3/4 of an inch; no wonder it''s irritating. I bought some small hypoallergenic bandages but they don''t fit the hole on my neck so I will try to go pick up larger ones tomorrow. The regular ones I am using are already giving me a rash from the adhesive. I have to wear a bandage on my neck or I''d have to leave my necklaces home and we can''t have that.
36.gif

I will catch up with all of your posts tomorrow or Saturday!
Have a great Friday.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning everyone! I have an exam in 4 hours so just popping in to say hi. No time for the gym again as once I get home from this exam I have to start studying for the next one which is on first thing tomorrow morning. Hope you all have a good friday.

Skippy-the fish is great here-especially the prawns. There''s a restaurant in the South west of the country that only serves what fish it catches that day and D and I went to it last year-the best calamari I have had in my life-it was amazing. That class sounds so tough! Wow!!

lliang-whoops, I meant how did the interview go. I forget that we have different phrases over here
3.gif
That''s a pity that it wasn''t on today. But yay for the clothes shopping! My writtens are all done tomorrow
36.gif
and then I have an oral exam in two weeks time and then I''m done for the summer
36.gif
It feels like it''s gone on forever!

Rod-yay for your leg feeling a bit better! Enjoy Friday sushi night!

Marcy-hope that your neck is ok. That sounds sore!

Talk to you after my exam!

White Orchid

Shiny_Rock
Good Morning! I just finished 45 minutes on the elliptical! A month ago 8 minutes on it would almost kill me, but today I felt I could''ve gone longer if I didn''t have to be at work in an hour.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I didn''t get a chance to sneak in a workout yesterday, but I did try on my white pants last night they are still snug through the hips but not as bad as they were when I tried them on a few weeks ago. We are leaving for Savannah today so I don''t think I''ll get to sneak in any workouts on the trip. Although if it looks like a carryon suitcase won''t be possible then I will put some exercise clothes in the bigger suitcase so I can at least walk/jog in the mornings.

Marcy,
Are you putting polysporin or neosporin on your mole spots? If not you should, it will help prevent infection. Also a lot of people are allergic to neosporin so you will probably want to use polysporin.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Hi all!
35.gif
I stayed exactly withing my points yesterday! I had 15 left when I left work for dinner. I went on the Olive Garden website and figured out that I could have a bowl of minestrone, 1/2 the Linguine alla Marinera and 2 breadsticks (I really heart those things) and still have 3 points for snack during Grey''s Anantomy.

And that''s exactly what I did. I also took 2 10 minute walks at work, was doing wall pushups every time I went to the restroom and hula hooped during commercials last night.
16.gif

Rod - I''m glad your leg is feeling a little better! When I first started going to the chiropractor, it hurt worse before it got better. I hope he''s able to help you!

Elmorton - How fun that our goals are pretty similar! We will look good (well, as good as one can in a bridesmaid dress....
14.gif
). You me and lliang. We got this.

I''m so glad that Morty is feeling better! Poor little furball.

Danielle - You''re my hero with this race!

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Friends - Friday night for me! And HOT in Honk Kong, 86 degrees all week and thru the weekend . . . am now working out entirely indoors though I will try to walk the seafront promenade in the a.m. if I get up early enough. I lifted with the trainer and ran/walked 5K on the treadmill so I am feeling good about ending the week strong.
17.gif
1.gif
The hardest exercise I did today involved just body weight: 1 squat, followed by 1 (non-girlie! on my toes!
23.gif
) pushup; then 2x2, etc. all the way up to 5 squats/pushups, then pyramiding back down to 1. Wednesday we did something similar - like a squat thrust/push up combo - aargh! (I just kept repeating to myself - Michelle Obama arms - Michelle Obama arms . . .
1.gif

Gecko - hang in there and just take one day at a time/one week at a time - I know you can do it! You won''t have to get the dress altered, you fit into it before and you will get back there! It is really hard when your SO isn''t supportive, I have had to tell my DH this time and again, he is a big one for saying ''what''s the big deal, have some pizza! I think you look great!'' - which, while sweet, isn''t getting me towards my goal.

Appletini - sorry about the cleaners - I hope they were not favorite pants!

Lisa - happy birthday to you and your sister (I have a set of twins!) - that is so irritating about the ''improve our website'' project - how vague can they be? Good luck with it next week - blowing ''job dust'' your way
1.gif

Danielle - last week before the race, make sure you get your rest! Great job on your training, that is a lot of dedication

Skippy - your bootykicker class sounds like it would kick MY booty clear into next week!
9.gif
- that is killer!

Dee*Jay - I''m with Skippy, no way that is real weight (esp. with how many calories you must burn on your workouts!) am sure it is just water retention but still, I hate those scale bumps when I already know I ate something I shouldn''t have - even when it''s temporary it annoys me!

Sharon - SLEET!
6.gif
good grief!! Hope the weather warms up soon for you!

Lorelei - Yay for the hamster wheel!
1.gif

tlh - you are so right - no matter what distance I cover on the dreadmill - walking, jogging, whatever , I give myself ''full props''
9.gif

Elmorton - yay for your weight loss - you are being consistent and that is so great! Your 5 lb. mark is around the corner. I am a grazer, but I have finally accepted that and make sure I have low cal crunchy things around ALL the time - my faves are baby carrots (I like the tiny, tiny ones) and blanched asparagus, cut into bites - I keep them in an open bowl in the fridge and when I want a snack I grab a handful. I think it is helping me.

Bee* - fish tacos are one of my favorites, I
30.gif
them! good luck on the exam tomorrow - you''re in the last stretch!

Rod - hope the next adjustment continues to help, and enjoy sushi night - yum!

White Orchid - 45 minutes is awesome! you have made great progress!
36.gif

Marcyc - I have had a ton of moles removed - at first it looks very raw, as time goes by they WILL improve but at first it can be
39.gif
- def. agree with being religious about polysporin - also, over time the red fades away, several I had done a few years ago are all but invisible now. (apologies if you have been through it before and knew this already - but at first I was horrified when mine were taken off so wanted to share that it gets better!)

I hope I didn''t miss anyone - have a wonderful weekend, wherever you are in the world!
1.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/15/2009 9:12:10 AM
Author: babysteps
Hi Friends - Friday night for me! And HOT in Honk Kong, 86 degrees all week and thru the weekend . . . am now working out entirely indoors though I will try to walk the seafront promenade in the a.m. if I get up early enough. I lifted with the trainer and ran/walked 5K on the treadmill so I am feeling good about ending the week strong.
17.gif
1.gif
The hardest exercise I did today involved just body weight: 1 squat, followed by 1 (non-girlie! on my toes!
23.gif
) pushup; then 2x2, etc. all the way up to 5 squats/pushups, then pyramiding back down to 1. Wednesday we did something similar - like a squat thrust/push up combo - aargh! (I just kept repeating to myself - Michelle Obama arms - Michelle Obama arms . . .
1.gif

Gecko - hang in there and just take one day at a time/one week at a time - I know you can do it! You won''t have to get the dress altered, you fit into it before and you will get back there! It is really hard when your SO isn''t supportive, I have had to tell my DH this time and again, he is a big one for saying ''what''s the big deal, have some pizza! I think you look great!'' - which, while sweet, isn''t getting me towards my goal.
Precisely. He''s actually being really good (so far) about helping me be accountable. He feels like he''s nagging me, I feel like he''s finally helping, LOL!!!

That workout sounds awesome babysteps! I''m sorry it''s so hot, I hope it cools down for you!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids! Just a quickie since I''m at my office and have a million things to do. Went out to dinner with one of my best girlfriends last night. Had a blast... along with half a bottle of wine... a proscutto (sp?) and parmessean salad... salmon with all sorts of good sides... and two desserts between us.
6.gif
Yes, another blasted .8 lbs on my a$$ this morning, and the XHH and I are going to one of our favorite restaurants tonight so there''s another .8 or maybe just 8 (!!!) come tomorrow.
39.gif

My plan was to go and run outside today but the weather is looking rather ominous. I''ll decide after my mani appt at 12:30; hopefully it will have cleared up by then. And somehow I need to get to Target between 11 and 12:30 (along with walking home from my office, getting the dogs out for their W-A-L-K, and then actually walking over to my mani--walk walk walk walk walk!!!) to get a cheapie watch to time my laps because I can''t find my good sailing watch anywhere. Can someone please tell me WHERE THE HE!! things go to in my house?!?

OK, gotta hop! See you all later!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
I leave in a 1/2 hr for the airport. I"m really looking forward to going home. :) I just wanted to say hi to everyone since I might not check in this weekend. I''ll try to.

Gecko, Awesome that your hubby''s helping you. I can see how he''ll feel like he''s nagging you but it''s nice that he''s being supportive. Awesome you stayed in your points range!!! Yay! Good for you!!!

Babysteps, 86 is pretty hot for me. It''s probably going to be that hot in FL, so sister and I might do some birthday yoga or something. You have twins too? Awesome. Twins are awesome (but I''m biased). I agree with you on the Michelle Obama arms. I want them too!

Apple, enjoy Savannah. I hear it''s soooo pretty. I''ll be down south too so Ill give you a little wave. Happy anniversary for you and the Mr. (I think that''s what this trip is for, right?)

WhiteOrchid, 45 mins on the ellip is awesome! Yay! It''s so great you''re seeing your progress!

Bee, enjoy your hen night. I''m glad your written exams are over!

Marcy, sorry about the moles. I''m glad you''re taking care of it though.

Rod, enjoy sushi tomorrow. My brother fishes and sometimes when he catches a nice fish like wahoo or snapper we cut it up and eat it sashimi style. Mmmm... My mom freaks out because she can''t stand the thought of raw meat, but it''s soooooo good! :)

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good Morning Friends, I will be going to my friends Muscle hour class to get some weights in (we did weights yesterday but I missed a few muscle groups I know she will target). Then this evening hopefully my cousin and I will go for a walk; if not maybe I can get my hubby to ride bikes for a short ride. I am not sure what I will make for dinner; I did buy some great salad fixins so we will have a salad and maybe I will do the Pad Thai (yeah that is what I will do now that I sit here thinking about it).

I have to say everyone sounds like they are doing fabulous in your workouts; it is so inspiring and contagious to read all this, wooo for the Healthy Lifestyles thread people!
35.gif
This is an awesome group!!!!

Oh man do I love this weather
emhot.gif
Hooray for this fabulous weather; I find myself outside instead of inside lately
9.gif
Happy Friday all
35.gif

LISA, have a wonderful trip and Happy Birthday
36.gif

ROD, yay for rain!!!!! hugs for that bad sciatic nerve and hope you get to use the foam roller on it too. Yay for sushi night!!!!

MARCY, awww that is sweet of Marty!! ouch, hope your nose heals and ditto Apple on the neosporin.

BEE, good luck on you exams, when are you almost done? thanks for your sweet words. Oh gosh, I would love that seafood.

WHITE ORCHID, wooo for the elliptical!!!

APPLE, have a wonderful time in Svannah, I love it there!!! Hope you get to eat at the Lady and sons
3.gif
The riverwalk has a yummy little ice cream shop too! Happy Anni!!

GECKO, yipppee for staying in your points; I bet you feel great!!! Yay for your walks too!

DANIELLE, I agree w/gecko you are my hero too doing those races, wooohooo woman!!!

BABYSTEPS, we are hot too 88 but we don't have humidity; I bet you have humidity so that makes a big difference. Stay cool! Wooo hoooo for your run walk on the treadmill, you are doing awesome!! and yay for the weight work! OMG I want Michelle Obama arms too
9.gif

DEEJAY, I am still betting it is the salt; I bet come Monday you will be back to norm. Yum all those things sound good. hehe Yay for a killer walk with the doggies; give them a hug for me!!! Hope you find a good sailing watch, maybe REI?

ETA: ELMORTON, my hubby bikes in the summer 2x a week to work, and on the weekends for fun; he did it last year too. He wants a new bike so he says for every mile he bikes that is $1 toward his new bike and he wants a light weight bike so I know he will be biking a lot so he can buy one soon. hehe I didn't know it was bike week until this morning on the news.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Dee*Jay - You tell me where things are lost in my house, and I''ll spill the beans about yours, haha ;-) Good luck on all your walking errands! Unfortunately, we''re getting storms and rain all day - I hope it stays dry for you!

Lliang - Have a safe trip and enjoy your visit home! Big ICK about your interview change, but I know you''ll still do great! That kind of thing makes me nervous, though - I''ve heard horror stories of people interviewing with no interest in hiring; they just want to get free consultation. Blechhh. Anyway, I hope it turns out well!!!

Gecko -Great job on staying in your points! I feel REALLY proud when I can go out to dinner, plan ahead, and be HAPPY when I leave instead of guilty. Yay!!! Dinner sounded great, too :)
I think husbands can''t win. :) Mine is like the diet police and it drives me nuts - so sometimes I wish he''d hand me that slice of pizza! I''ll say "Hey, do you want to go get icecream?" knowing that I have points left and that I can get the sorbet, and he says "Icecream? What are you thinking?! Icecream is BAD!" He''s trying to be helpful, but he doesn''t really get that this a lifestyle not a short-term game.
Re: bridesmaiding - I actually love my dress! I got to pick it out, and it''s navy and pretty flattering for my figure. However, for the other two weddings I have next year I probably won''t be so lucky.

Babysteps - I''m already a carrot fiend! I have to have them on hand - I tease DH that I''m going to turn orange soon. Love the idea about the asparagus. I didn''t realize you''re in HK! The time change thing is always mindblowing to me.

Skippy - your class sounds AWESOME! (except for the rope part). Yay for your hubby riding his bike to work. Is he doing that for the National Ride Your Bike to Work week or just because? I would love to be able to do that - unfortunately, neither DH and I have routes to work that are feasible on the bike.
7.gif
But, our community is trying to put in more bike lanes, which I love!

Apple - I hope you''re able to sneak in some workouts in Savannah! Have a safe trip.

White Orchid - YAY! Great progress!!

Bee*- Yay for all your writtens being done!! Wahooo!!!!

Marcy - I hope you found a bandage that works! I have a hard time with bandages too since I''m allergic to most adhesives.
14.gif
Ditto about the neosporin or other healing goo - might that help?

Rod - I''m so glad the chiropractor could help your knee! Great news. Enjoy your Friday Sushi!

Danielle - Yupp! My kitties are "formally" named Uncle Elmo and Mr. Morton, so the screename is Elmo and Morton combined :) When I was at the vet this week, I was thinking about the same thing (treat ''em like people, funny names) - one younger couple walked in with a frilly white dog, and the receptionist said "Is this Garfunkel?" and the couple said yes, and then the receptionist said "You can bring him over here to the scale." Very proudly, the guy said "Garfunkel is a girl." I had such a hard time trying not to crack up.
I loved reading about your race progress. My goal is a 5k this summer, but haven''t signed up yet (I was going to do Race for the Cure, but we''re going to be on vacay that weekend). Last year I did a 2 mi race and I did about a 12 min mile (+ a little), and that was SO HARD for me - you''re kicking butt! Unfortunately I''m a LOT more out of shape this year - I used mapmyrun (love that site!) to chart out a 2 mi course, and I walked most of it when I did it the first time. It sounds like you''re doing great!!!! Great job on your 5.5 mile run and excellent pace! Keep us updated with your progress!!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
(I'm posting an awful lot, I know, but it helps keep me on track).

Elmorton - We need to merge our two hubbie's into one attitude somewhere in the middle. Now, if I want ice cream, he'll prolly just ask if I have the points for it.

I'm so glad you like your dress! Mine..... yeah. It sucks.

I've already been for a 15 minute walk (my legs are wondering what all the sudden activity is about) and done 30 wall pushups. I'm operating on the theory that anything I can do to keep my metabolism going while I'm stuck in this chair for 9 hours is a good thing!!!

ETA: lliang - have a safe and fun trip!!!

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/15/2009 11:31:37 AM
Author: Elmorton

Gecko -Great job on staying in your points! I feel REALLY proud when I can go out to dinner, plan ahead, and be HAPPY when I leave instead of guilty. Yay!!! Dinner sounded great, too :)
I think husbands can''t win. :) Mine is like the diet police and it drives me nuts - so sometimes I wish he''d hand me that slice of pizza! I''ll say ''Hey, do you want to go get icecream?'' knowing that I have points left and that I can get the sorbet, and he says ''Icecream? What are you thinking?! Icecream is BAD!'' He''s trying to be helpful, but he doesn''t really get that this a lifestyle not a short-term game.
Re: bridesmaiding - I actually love my dress! I got to pick it out, and it''s navy and pretty flattering for my figure. However, for the other two weddings I have next year I probably won''t be so lucky.

Danielle - Yupp! My kitties are ''formally'' named Uncle Elmo and Mr. Morton, so the screename is Elmo and Morton combined :) When I was at the vet this week, I was thinking about the same thing (treat ''em like people, funny names) - one younger couple walked in with a frilly white dog, and the receptionist said ''Is this Garfunkel?'' and the couple said yes, and then the receptionist said ''You can bring him over here to the scale.'' Very proudly, the guy said ''Garfunkel is a girl.'' I had such a hard time trying not to crack up.
I loved reading about your race progress. My goal is a 5k this summer, but haven''t signed up yet (I was going to do Race for the Cure, but we''re going to be on vacay that weekend). Last year I did a 2 mi race and I did about a 12 min mile (+ a little), and that was SO HARD for me - you''re kicking butt! Unfortunately I''m a LOT more out of shape this year - I used mapmyrun (love that site!) to chart out a 2 mi course, and I walked most of it when I did it the first time. It sounds like you''re doing great!!!! Great job on your 5.5 mile run and excellent pace! Keep us updated with your progress!!
Haha, I affectionately call my husband "food police"! He really means well and just wants me to achieve my goals, but sometimes I am like, "I want cake, let me have cake!!!" I find that men are very black & white when it comes to food - you eat "good" or you eat "bad", there are things you should NEVER eat, or you should be VERY strict. I find most women need a more lenient approach, I''m guessing it''s a hormonal thing.

Hehe, I love the story about Garfunkel! Running is such a personal thing - before this year, I was lucky if I finished any race under a 12:30 mile. My hubby on the other hand doesn''t train at all for the races and STILL beats me. He''s got almost a foot on me and def. has a runner''s build and is a guy (which so unfairly makes you faster), but I don''t even bother try competing against him. If he trained, he''d definitely be in a 7-8 minute mile range! This was the plan that I used to get ready for my 5K this year Beginner Running Plan I didn''t worry about being able to run the entire lengths of each day or how fast I went, I just went out and did the mileage. The first two miles on the plan I did it in 26:19 (13:14 pace), but I got better pretty quickly and around the middle of the plan as long as I wasn''t having a bad day, I was able to run the mileage without stopping to walk. I liked this plan so much, I calculated on a percentage base what the miles would be for a 5 mile race and that''s where I am now! My friend and I are on the same plan and we track our runs on a shared google calendar so it''s definitely motivating to know she is out there doing the same thing (even though I''d never compete with her either since she''s a foot taller than me too - I have all tall friends for some reason)!

Thanks everyone for all the kudos on the running! I don''t know what happened this year, but I just became very committed to achieving the running goals that I''ve had for 3 years now. Now I am totally addicted, and I will probably get more serious about getting faster now that I feel I have a pretty good base going.

Liang - I am def. going to start doing some intervals after my 5 miler - I have been a little cautious the past couple of weeks of this training as to not injure myself and ruin my race time!

Skip - no silly questions, but I am sure it''s possible there might be some races that might DQ you for walking. I participate mostly in "fun runs" at the Jersey Shore, so it''s a pretty friendly environment. I LOVE racing though, I love googling my name and seeing my race times (my married name is pretty unique and new so that''s all that comes up!)

Ok, I am babbling and I really have to go back to work. I am taking a much deserved rest day today!!!!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Elmorton - ROCK ON! weight loss is weight loss... and also remember WHAT you put into your body. I''m not kidding. As a runner, it took me a long time to realize and deal with the water retention/swelling that running long distances did. Now I mention this only because all that running made me pay close attention to my diet, and my weight. After a long run, I''d weigh more for 2+ days depending on the distance, I could be up as much as 6-8 pounds. You''d think after running 20 miles you''d be skinnier right... ha! But I bring this up, because salt, and even NSAIDs (ibuprofen, aleve, etc) also cause water retention, and dehydration from the digestive tract. So there may be other factors at work that you may not be keeping track of. So anytime it is a minus that is a huge success... and sometimes when there isnt.. there could be something else at play, that is more than just food. Also, I graze too... I keep low cal popcicles in the house. I probably eat like 3 or 4 a day. They only have 15 calories each, but they really hit my sugar fix... and also most of the time you''re hungry, it is really just thirst... so it knocks that one out of the park too!

Danielle ~ I''ll never forget when I was running a 1/2 marathon, and my knee gave out from underneath me at mile 6. I had a bad case of ITBAND overuse injury/bursitis, and I couldn''t run anymore. It was the worst feeling ever - that defeat. I ended up limp walking the race of the race, and I''m not kidding 80 yr olds were mall walking past me leaving me in their dust. Sometimes you just need to tell yourself, even when you don''t meet your own expectation, that a race result was the best you could do ON THAT DAY. Sometimes, wind, heat, (natural body processes), injury, hills, mental tricks, get you. But there is a victory in every distance you complete... and your time was AWESOME! I know for motivation I keep track of my race miles.. (mainly to know when to retire my shoes - as I only wear my running shoes - for running) it is a feeling to put an old pair to rest... and say goodbye old friends, those 200 miles were great! Good luck on Saturday''s run! (I want to let you know, that the basic movement of the belt on a treadmill removes 20% of the push/pull of the legs than an outdoor/ ground run. So please don''t be disappointed by your outdoor achievements in races, it is OUTSTANDING!!! It is easy to sell short ones accomplishments and put them down as though they weren''t AS good as you''d like, I do it, put myself down, before someone else can say IS THAT GOOD?... but be proud, YOU ARE ROCKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Skippy! Hey girlfriend! Your class sounds awesome. I''d recommend a pair of workout gloves. Even just for lifting weights, you can get a real cheapie pair at target w/ different levels of padding, but they really help prevent gym hands! even for bicep curls and what not. Plus you feel like a total bada$$ when you wear them... at least I do, when I''m working out next to Mr. Universe, and I''m all like, oh yeah, I''m curling 20!
9.gif
Don''t feel silly asking questions about running, shoot I still ask questions, and I''ve been running in races for the past 15 or so years! Here is a website that breaks down run/walk training... http://www.jeffgalloway.com/training/walk_breaks.html and more about the penguins, I love that school of thought! It is about the joy of running or walking and being out there, than about actually winning. It is a feeling of accomplishment, setting a goal and completing it... not about being the fastest, people will always be faster... it is about using my body to its potential. It is hard not to compare yourself to others, and think gosh I wish I was faster, but all that focus on others AND TIME, well it kinda takes the fun away from the event. I like to go, with my hubs, and do it together, and just have fun! (and then of course drink and eat all those calories I just burned off! hahaha!) http://www.johnbingham.com/penguin.html

lliang_chi- good luck on your interview! I''ll send good vibes your way! I hope your tofu dish was well received, also. I also hope that you have safe travels!!!!!!!

Rod- SCIATICA! OMG, you poor thing, that is a HUGE PAIN in the EVERYTHING! You have my deep felt sympathies. Elec stim can really help w/ that sometimes, as does the ice at the lower back. But wow, nerves, that is deep! Yum, enjoy your sushi tonight!

marcyc - glad your nose isn''t giving you issues today.. and I do hope you can find larger bandages... I hate to have a naked neck!

bee* - good luck on your exam!

white orchid - 45 minutes is awesome, what intensity level did you use, sometimes when I mess with that it is a WHOLE NEW workout, I''ll hobble off of that more weak legged than a 2 hour run!
36.gif

appletini- have fun on your trip. If staying at a hotel, I love to take the stairs, just running up and down the stairwell for 30 minutes makes me wish I stayed at home!!! I hope your trip is awesome, and if you can''t squeeze a workout in, just remember just going on a walk, at a decent not even brisk pace will burn 80 calories a mile... so if you''re doing any window shopping, keep that in mind!

geckodani - awesome staying within your points! I''m super impressed that you can hula hoop. I''VE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO DO THAT, EVER, just like I couldn''t climb the rope in gym class all those years ago...
7.gif
So that is really cool!!! You want to hear nagging... last night I got home from work, and opened up the fridge, and got out my individually sliced cake I got from the bakery that I''ve been nibbling on all week. I COULDN''T HELP IT! I go to the fridge get it out, and my DH goes, HEY we''re on our way to dinner... and I''m like, but I just want a bite, because YOU''LL EAT IT before I can finish it... and he promised he wouldn''t... so what did I do? I LICKED THE CAKE in front of him and put it back in the fridge.. and was like - dont eat my cake. Do I have food possessive issues or what! But yeah, sometimes even when trying to help, it feels nagging. I''m glad you look at your DH as being helpful, rather than get suspisious of ulterior motives like me!

babysteps - whoa a 5k! and a circuit! YOUR WORKOUT IS FANTASTIC, sexy arms here you come!!! you should give yourself full props too! Any woman that can be on that machine FOR ANY length of time, has my 100% admiration! (I have to run on it in the summer when I don''t wake up at 4:00 to go on a run, because it gets WAAAAY TOO HOT out here, and I hate wearing my hydration belt, and I don''t want to you know... DIE! and honestly, I get next to the skinny awesome super runners, set my speed and repeat, I will outlast you, I will outlast you... and it does help me mentally prepare for races.) Plus I absolutely love that every mile I move is about 100 calories burned (give or take)... whoop whoop!!! 35 miles a week is 1 pound, without scrimping on the food! oh yeah! Oh, but don''t be fooled, those "sport drinks" are just loaded with sugar, and one of those took all my precious calories away from the workout. GRRR! I don''t drink them unless running a half marathon or more.

Dee*Jay - your dinner sounds awesome, and the time w/ the friend even better! Sometimes you just need a day off from exercise, to spend with friends... and all that walking counts. Every mile walked is 80 calories (give or take) and all that walking spread out, is time not spent nibbling... so count victories in the little stuff! I hope you find your watch soon.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay it''s the weekend!! My exam went alright today and I have one more left tomorrow morning and then I''m off on my murder mystery hen night. Cannot wait-very hard to study when all I want to do is pack for tomorrow. Today we have fish and some veg for dinner and I had some smoked salmon and crackers for lunch-my addiction. I could eat smoked salmon all day long. I''m going to try my best to eat carefully while I''m away tomorrow and not to have too much to drink as I always end up getting sick as I don''t drink very often. Talk to you all on Sunday as I won''t have time to get on here tomorrow.

White Orchid-yay for 45 mins! I was the exact same and it''s such a good feeling knowing that you''re improving your fitness!

appletini-enjoy your break!

gecko-well done for staying within your points, especially with eating out!

Thanks babysteps-that workout sounds so tough! I couldn''t believe how hard I found the tone class last week when I did it for the first time-I thought it would be a piece of cake but it was so much harder than the cardio! It''s amazing how hard squats and push ups etc are.

Dee*Jay-enjoy your dinner tonight. Hope the weather clears up for you!

thanks lliang-enjoy your weekend home!

Skippy-enjoy muscle hour and pad thai(I adore pad thai!). I''m done tomorrow morning at 11am. Whoot! You''ll have to come over here for some seafood.

El-D is the diet police too but I like it that way. Give me an inch and I''ll take a whole cake
3.gif

hi tlh!!

Hope you all have an amazing weekend and talk to you all on Sunday!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey........Seems I''m always checking in late and wow, so many posts today! Our healthy family has sure grown significantly over the last year or so. My leg was pretty much status quo today. Pain, but not intolerable pain. I had my chiro appointment right after work. He does do electrical stimulation to the sacroiliac, which is what is pinching the sciatic nerve. For whatever reason Naproxen (Alleve) does nothing to help relieve the pain, but Advil has proven a better pain reliever for me. I won''t be back in the gym until Sunday. Tomorrow''s a total day of rest for me. Charlie''s working all day till 7. Sushi tonight was good, followed by FroYo, then coffee under the oak. It was a cooler evening as there had been rain earlier.

Marcy, I hope you heal quickly dear friend.........

Good luck on the exam bee* I''m sure you did great!!

Way to go White Orchard. 45 minutes on the ellitpical is a great achievement!!!

Thanks gecko! I hope you''re right that it hurts more at first.........

I love Hong Kong babysteps. We went there a looooong time ago and had the most incredible week there. Food was fantastic, with one exception. The Jumbo Floating Restaurant was just awful. I can still see the seafront promenade in my head!!

I hope you and Bill had a great dinner tonight DeeJay!!

Have a great visit with your family here in Florida lliang. Where in FL., will you be??

And thank you too dear Skippy. I hope muscle hour was good. I agree, it is so inspiring to be a part of the HLT!! YAY for fabulous weather too!

Thanks Emorton! What I want to know is how two socks go into the dryer, but only one comes out......How does that happen? Where do they missing socks go? Is it an alternative universe that needs clothing reaching out through the dryer vent?

Enjoy your day of rest Danielle.......

tlh, I didn''t know that NSAIDs cause water retention. Hmm, I''ll have to watch that. My chrio does do electrical stimulation and as I type this, I''m sitting on an ice pack, which does provide some relief.

OK.......goodnight to you all! Have a great Saturday.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results