shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 10th Nov till 16th Nov

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey......It's been another unbelievably "uber" long day. I went to work early and didn't leave until nearly 7 PM. Over 11 hours at the office makes for a long work day. A new grocery store opened last week and it's called a Publix GreenWise store. It's all about healthy/natural foods. I haven't been there, but everyone who has gone has said it is unlike anything we have in Tampa, so Charlie stopped by there after he left work and picked us up dinner. WOW, is all I can say. When I got home, dinner was waiting for me and it was beef tenderloin wrapped in bacon, with the best mashed potatoes I've ever had. The beef was so tender and perfectly seasoned and cooked and I thought it was as good, if not better than most restaurants. It wasn't cheap, but man was it ever good. I have a feeling we'll be having more meals prepared at this new grocery store. Then, I went right back to work and have been working for the last 3 hours, so, I just now had the first chance to read today's posts. Tomorrow is a gym night for me, so my check in will be late again.

Marcy, I'm afraid photoshop isn't a strength of mine, so good luck with that!

Lorelei and SS, both of your animated holiday avatars are great! Kimberly, I'm not so sure about the Holiday Rat though.........LOL

Skippy, yay for a brisk walk in the cold and extra YAY for a new camera. What kind did he buy you??

YAYAYAYAY for being down over 3 more pounds bee* GO BEE GO!!

DeeJay, the healthy tuna and not so unhealthy chips are really OK, particularly after a hard hour on the hampster wheel!!

Linda, now I want some mac and cheese!! LOL

OK.......Time to get some sleep and start another 'uber' day for moi. Sleep well everyone!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I''m still here toughing it out. I have a 24 hour brand new gym in my townhome complex and its only a minute walk but i still havent been to check it out, i totally suck. it even has tvs!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi HLT friends!
35.gif
I got my green sapphire earrings and pendant today.
36.gif
I’ll try to get pictures taken and posted this weekend. I went to the mall after school tonight and picked up some clothes.Christopher and Banks had 50% off everything if you bring a friend so one of my GF and I met there.I bought a pair of plum pants with a quilted vest to match, a striped t-shirt and a Christmas t-shirt with fleece vest.My friend carried out 3 bags but a lot of it was Christmas gifts.
Kimi, I loved your ugly ornament thread last year.
Skippy, what kind of camera are you getting?How exciting.Enjoy the weather – we are expecting a few inches of snow tomorrow.I am glad you like my little Santa hat.Yeah for enjoying the beautiful moon tonight.
Bee, congratulations for losing over 3 pounds.
36.gif

DeeJay, your new hairdo sounds cute.
Hi Linda!Mmm to macaroni and cheese.

Kimi, that is wonderful your hair looks fab!I am going to talk to my stylist about lightning mine when I get my perm.If I’d get some sun it would probably lighten up then as well.
Rod, the new grocery store sounds wonderful.I wish we had something like that here.Marty knows Photoshop pretty well and I have a GF would taught it at our community college so I guess I need to get lessons.I’ll do that in my spare time.Ha Ha.
Smurfysmiles, ooh to the nice new gym.I hope you check it out and like it.
Well, take care and have a great Thursday!
Marcy

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/13/2008 12:15:25 AM
Author: Smurfysmiles
I''m still here toughing it out. I have a 24 hour brand new gym in my townhome complex and its only a minute walk but i still havent been to check it out, i totally suck. it even has tvs!
You will do it Smurfy, I am really proud of you for quitting smoking and all the good things you are doing for yourself!!! The gym will be there when you are ready
35.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/11/2008 3:36:05 PM
Author: lliang_chi
Okay! I just got a motivator to get off my lazy butt! I (James actually because I don''t have any credit cards) signed up for a Thanksgiving morning 8K. Any advice for running outside around Thanksgiving season in Chicago? I have running tights, and Under Armor Heat Gear shirts that I use for skiing. Any other ideas? What about keeping my face and/or head warm? Or do I just tough it out?
Yikes lliang, it must get COLD there!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
35.gif
I haven''t forgotten about you all! Work has attacked this wek and kept me from PS.
14.gif

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
I am still here...just not doing well this week!!! I am pretty bummed, I ate badly last night and this morning. Need to get back on the wagon in a big way. I am starting to emotionally eat, so I am going to start painting again to distract myself! My BF is really busy right now and it makes me grumpy when I can''t see him
39.gif
...and then I get grumpy that I feel co-dependent, LOL. Oh well.

I did finally do the Wii Fit evaluation thing. Who had one of these-was it gecko? Do you think the weight is accurate?

I hope everyone else is doing well, sorry for being a HLT bum!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Hi all! I was at work from 7:30 AM to 10:30 PM yesterday, so I didn''t have any time to check in. Right now, I''m about to head off to work again but I wanted to ask you all something:

How much do you pay for the gym that you use? Does it have a weight room? Pool? Classes? Cardio room?

Kris gets an employee discount for us off of the SUPER nice gym that is at the University he works at, but it''s still $60 a month per person with the discount and that seems awfully high to me. The things that are important to me are pilates classes, a pool, a cardio room, and a weight room. It really doesn''t seem like it should be that hard to find for less than $60 a month, but maybe I''m wrong. Any thoughts?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hiya Gecks, LP and Misckies!
35.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Does anyone notice that now that you eat healthy it is hard to go back to the way you use to eat????
9.gif
I ate barbecue brisket and was almost tempt with banana pudding too but nixed it; thank goodness because later I had the wickest heartburn. Also, it was funny because yesterday I was a little frustrated about something and said I am going to eat a bunch of cheetos and said I would track the calories anyway, well I didn't go nuts (I felt full). I thought it was great how things change when we get use to eating healthy for the long haul; things taste different and we feel different too. I no longer get hurtburn like I use to (sorry if it is tmi). hehe

I have some errands to run today and I am super excited for the day to be over since tomorrow we are going to go see the new James Bond movie. weeeee. hehe I probably will get a walk in; I hope to go earlier than yesterday. I will be making a healthy chilli tonight for dinner.
1.gif
Have a great day all!!!!
35.gif

KIMI, I look forward to the ugly ornament again. hehe

SMURFYSMILE, go check out the gym. hehe

MARCY, you have tons of jewelry woman!
3.gif
Yay looking forward to pictures! We don't have a C&B here; how fun!!

ROD, I want your grocery store, sounds delicious
3.gif
We only have Whole Foods and the regular stores. I want one of those grocery stores. heehe

LORELEI, DeeJay, Linda, howdy friends!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Howdy ladies and gents of HLT!! How is everyone today? Sorry for no post yesterday, I was crazy busy all day. The night before last I did 100 crunches and some squats. Last night I did a half hour of yoga today which is a VERY GOOD yoga program online. Then I did 50 sit ups, 100 crunches, 20 plie's and stood in horse stance while cross punching for 50 punches. I'm hoping to get some more cardio in tonight.

Skippy - I definitely find that once I've adjusted to this lifestyle, eating junk again isn't so easy. I don't like potato chips anymore.... at all. I don't like most crackers (save goldfish but they're relatively ok), I really don't crave any candy, nor do I eat much (save dark choco which I am somehow still abstaining from with this challenge). I eat a lot of healthy foods, no matter where I am or what I am doing and I like it!

mm - I'm glad the lad is finding a new home, I hope he is able to live a much better life now
skippy - your avatar is TOO CUTE!
Dee - sorry you aren't happy with your haircut
Rod - I WANT A GREENWISE STORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Marcy - can't wait to see your new treasures
miscka - how are you doing with the candy challenge? don't be so hard on yourself, no one is perfect, remember Lorelei's opener this week. Here's a great quote for you for the week... think on it some "Fall Down 7 times, stand up 8"

HAIRCUT TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Miscka - your quote was supposed to be bolded, but it won''t work for me. OY

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
fixed it

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Good Morning HLers!

I got back from my biz trip late Tuesday night, and my internal clock was all screwy yesterday. I actually bolted up out of bed at 3:45a yesterday thinking it was time to get up. DH wasn''t pleased and grunted that i should get back into bed. I ended up oversleeping and didn''t make it to the gym.

But i''m happy to report that i met my goals while traveling and hit the gym 3 out of the 4 days i was in Boston, which is UNHEARD of for me. I would usually use my downtime while on the road to catch up on reading or sleep, and would never set foot in the hotel gym. I took the time to schedule my workouts and stuck to my plan. Those workouts would totally give me the energy I needed to get through my long convention days.

I got back on the gym bandwagon this morning and i''m glad i did, as i had another celeb sighting at the gym. I thought something was up when i got there as there were cables taped to the floor, and it was a flurry of activity. Turns out that my favorite local morning news show was there for a live segment. The main female anchor had been on a weight loss program with the 24Hour Fitness gym and they were shooting her "reveal" (she lost 20 pounds).

I position myself on a treadmill a couple of rows back so i could check out the action. They went live on the air, and she talked about her journey, etc... then out of nowhere comes MAGIC JOHNSON! He''s affiliated with this chain, and a couple of their gyms are branded MAGIC JOHNSON 24HOUR FITNESS. I believe that the one i workout at is the flagship location. He was there to surprise the anchor. Anyway, it was a cool sighting. WOW- the guy is TALL!

I''m keeping an eye on their website to see if they''ll post the segment. That would be cool.

I''ll be back after i catch up on the thread...

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Dragonfly-thanks!! That really helps. I love the quote.

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I think it''s been about a week since I''ve been here... Looks like a lot is going on and a lot of progress. YAY for all!

I''ve been sticking to my diet and I''m happy to report that I finally dropped below 145lbs. That makes it 3 pounds lost since my last weigh-in about 2 weeks ago. Woohoo!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/13/2008 4:02:37 PM
Author: Miscka
Dragonfly-thanks!! That really helps. I love the quote.
Somehow I missed yours and Gecko's post. I am sorry. I agree w/Lorelei's quote too! Hugs, you are a sweetie!

Gecko, hello!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, this has to be short.......It was a typical "uber" long Thursday. Work was frustrating, but I worked through some of the issues. It''s a tough market to be a recruiter. Companies are pulling back on hiring and even the ones who will hire want the most difficult to find skills imaginable. I left work and went directly to the gym. I got out on the floor at 6:30 and left around 9:30, so it was a pretty normal workout. Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday. We can''t do sushi tomorrow night because Charlie has to work. We''ll do Sushi on Saturday instead as he''s off Saturday this weekend.

Sorry for not having the time to write personal notes. I forgot who asked what we pay for our gym memberships, but I did want to comment that we have a pretty nice gym and we pay about $90/month for the two of us. So, with a discount $120/month does seem a bit pricey, but then maybe the gym is just extraordinary........you two might want to shop around before you sign up.

Hey to everyone. I''m just beat and am headed to bed. Sleep well everyone..........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!
35.gif
I can’t tell you how happy I am going to be when 5 pm rolls around tomorrow.This has been a long and stressful week at work.Aak.
Gecko, rats for being attacked by work.Silly work.
Miscka, great idea to start painting again to keep busy.

Hi Lady Pirate and Lorelei!

Skippy, I had the same thing happen to me tonight.We went out for Mexican food and I used to love deep fried tacos so I decided to eat just one and I don’t feel very well, I didn’t like it as much as I used to and then I passed on dessert.I used to have alka seltzer several times a day; now it is something I rarely need.Woo hoo for us making permanent changes in our eating habits.
36.gif
Yes, I’ve been making quite a haul this year on jewelry.Thanks to my teaching checks.
9.gif
I am totally done though – guilt is setting in and I must buy Christmas gifts.
Dragonfly, I love your saying! It’s great.It is nice to know we enjoy healthy food now.
ChargerGirl, congratulations for sticking to your workout goals on your trip.How wonderful to see Magic Johnson.
Diva, congratulations for losing 3 pounds.
36.gif

Rod, I am sure you are glad tomorrow is Friday too.I took out my frustrations on the treadmill tonight.

Take care.

Marcy

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey there, HLT! Just popping in to say hello after another long absence. I''ve been doing pretty well as far as healthy eating, but not so much on the exercise portion of the healthy lifestyle...can''t seem to find time to work out!!! I hope to join a gym soon, and once I get more settled after the holidays (currently living with my parents, which is a whole other story of course) i think I can adopt a consistent exercise regime.

I miss Trader Joe''s!!! Skippy''s mention of it on page one of this thread made me reminisce about all their wonderful offerings. The closest one to where I live is about 2 hours away, unfortunately. But, there is an organic grocer not too far from where I work that I keep meaning to check out so that will have to suffice.

Well, just wanted to say hi and let you all know I''m still alive and doing great...I still read the thread every week but don''t always get a chance to post much! Take care, all, and have a great weekend!!!
35.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Hey guys - where is everyone!?!
Last night I got zero work out in b/c I was getting a hair cut and it took a good portion of the evening, but I needed it ever so badly. Tonight I''m hoping to get some walking in while SO and his mom are working on dear piggy some. I mostly get in the way when dear piggy get''s her bath... she''s so big she pushes me around.Tomorrow I''ll get lots of jogging in. Breakfast was bad bad bad mcdonald''s breakfast burritos. But being that I was rushed out the door, and had nothing at school, and nothing here at work besides crackers? I think it was a decent alternative. I just won''t have any mid morning snack lol.
One thing that I have found really good in helping me to figure in my servings every day, is a rainbow. Self magazine offers the idea of keeping track of how many colors of the rainbow you eat every day. This might help some others. Apples, cherries, beets, radishes all fall under red. oranges, tangerines, pumpkins, carrots all orange. bananas, squash, lemons, grapefruit yellow. etc etc. You want to have a very bright and varied rainbow every day. These rainbows include black for beans and rice and blackberries, blue for blueberries, pink for fish, brown for grains etc etc. Maybe that might help others.
Today my rainbow includes:
white - tortillas
yellow - eggs
yellow - cheese
red - bell peppers
green - bell peppers

SO FAR... I''ll update it again tonight when everything is said and done to show my entire rainbow :)

Marcy - It is really nice to know that we enjoy healthy food. You get so hooked on junk food, your body craves the salt, sugar and carbs. Now my body craves carrots, apples, pears, broccoli and zucchini (of all things). I love it though, I find a much more varied diet with healthy food cooking too
Monarch - try these ideas. When you are watching a program on tv, do crunches or squats or jumping jacks during commercials. When you are cooking, dance. When you are at your desk, practice sitting tall and flexing your abdominals. This is work on the abs too even if less than crunches. Instead of iming or emailing a message to a co worker - walk to their desk. Every bit of walking in the day counts. Stand when you are on the phone... When you do laundry, flex your abs or butt whenever you bend over to retrieve a piece from the dryer.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YAY Diva - thats great!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

CG - great job also!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Hi Marce and great to see you Monnie!
35.gif

DF - sounds like dear piggy is doing well!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei - yes and no.... we''re battling an infection in the ear right now...

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/14/2008 11:53:27 AM
Author: dragonfly411
Lorelei - yes and no.... we''re battling an infection in the ear right now...
Oh blast.....I am sending dear piggy get well vibes as hard as I can.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Thanks much my dear lorelei. I''m hoping she''ll come out of this. We were making such progress before. sigh

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Can''t remember if I checked in yesterday or not, but I did a gentle hour on the dreadmill. This morning I did my usual 65 mins on the hampster wheel and then two hard sets of arms.

Having a wisdom tooth pulled in two hours so not sure if I''ll be able to work out tomorrow or not...

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/14/2008 12:35:20 PM
Author: dragonfly411
Thanks much my dear lorelei. I'm hoping she'll come out of this. We were making such progress before. sigh
You are welcome sweetheart! Keep going, she could well be fine! I will be rooting for dear piggy as hard as I can!!!

Oh no Dee - remember I had to have a wisdom toof pulled back in the summer?? It was nowhere near as bad as I feared - good luck!!!!

You won't be able to work out for a few days, that was the advice I was given as it can start bleeding, so make the most of a little rest!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
ops.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Gang!!! Hubby and I met for lunch today at one of my favorite lunch spots; I had the chicken salad and side of banana bread. Their chicken salad is the best, chopped walnuts and red grapes. hehe I need to have a light dinner tonight; probably a small bowl of chilli that I made last night. I have been Miss Lazy Bunz; I last worked out Wed. I plan to work out this weekend!

I am excited because I got a new camera today; Amazon had good deals on the Cannon''s so I went for a new version. hehe We probably will go see the new James Bond movie sometime this weekend too; I hope it is good!

DEEJAY, ouch to the wisdom teeth; hope you have someone picking you up. I had mine taken out when I was 18; I had to be put under, no fun. Hugs

DRAGON, your new haircut is adorable!!!

CHRG, oh no to waking super early. Yay for the gym this week! How fun to see Magic Johnson. hehe

DIVA, yay for going below 145!!!!!

ROD, have a great sushi night!!!!!!

MARCY yay for Fridays! Oh gosh, I can''t eat mexican; I get the wickest heartburn, Italian too. Yay for healthy eating!!!

MONNIE, good to see you friend and I hope you get a Trader Joe''s; I love them but glad you have an organic grocer! hehe

LORELEI, howdy friend!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
tiptoeing back in....I worked out today, so I''ve managed twice this week and I still have the weekend, woo hoo!

Dragon, I like the rainbow idea! Today I had white/rice chex, yellow/banana, brown/almonds, so far. I''m making a tamale pie of sorts for dinner, so today is very brown.

Skip, hope you had a delicious lunch.

Marc, I have the curls naturally, I''ve been playing with color because my grey is getting more and more noticable (I started going grey in my early teens). I absolutely love my current color and told my stylist if I tell her I want to change it again she needs to tell me no.

Anyways, have a great evening all.

We''r

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results