Premium
I'm so disgusted. :nono:

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They want to kill the poor.

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
I am just so upset about this. This whole health care debacle is the epitome of the partisan bs that the American public is so upset with. I just simply cannot fathom why our elected officials cannot be more concerned with what is good for Americans above political "wins." I never used to be a person who was anti-republican, but I have to say that this election is really turning me into a "hater." SAD!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To me this is disgraceful!!!! They do want to kill poor people.

I so angry about this I can't even think straight. A pregnancy will cost 425% more. A sexual assault will be considered a pre existing condition.

IMO if you are woman and you voted for this party, you need your head examined.

Last edited:

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Disgusting that people charged with representing and benefitting the general public can think of such ridiculous provisions and promote them with a straight face. Failure to pass in the Senate will result in republicans and the prez blaming democrats for failure which is all they want so they can perpetuate perception of failure and obstruction being due to uncooperative dems rathe than absurd proposals. Business as usual, but still annoying.

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
Disgusting that people charged with representing and benefitting the general public can think of such ridiculous provisions and promote them with a straight face. Failure to pass in the Senate will result in republicans and the prez blaming democrats for failure which is all they want so they can perpetuate perception of failure and obstruction being due to uncooperative dems rathe than absurd proposals. Business as usual, but still annoying.
Hitting "like" was not enough. +1000

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Not until they turn most of them into cannon fodder. Survivors of the next Old Men Sending The Young To Die will be in serious trouble upon return. This corporate establishment requires young people to have lots of children, buy cheap crap on credit, have to work 2-3 jobs just to subsist, and die in their 40s of largely preventable illness/constant poor health. Repeat/profit.

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
upload_2017-5-4_20-13-25.png

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
Just to be fair, I want to say that I hated that some Dem's did that chanting/song. Grow up. This is important stuff that severely impacts the lives of Americans, not some silly political game.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

No, they want to kill the poor and everyone they deem "beneath them" who didn't "try hard" enough.

Excerpt of real life conversation with a conservative, 2-3 years ago during an election season when he was running:

Me: so it's bad that our government gives assistance to folks because...?"
Him: yes, it's awful because it enables them to stay poor.
Me: so what happens if we just cut social programs and what would happen if we just "cut them off?"
Him: *shrugs* silence.

Yeah. That was a fun marriage.
giphy.gif

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
http://occupydemocrats.com/2017/05/04/aarp-just-responded-passing-trumpcare-threat-every-republican/
AARP Just Responded To The Passing Of Trumpcare With A Threat To Every Republican

ROBERT HAFFEY

PUBLISHED ON MAY 4, 2017
The list of Trumpcare’s victims continues to grow. Now, senior citizens are joining the many adversely affected by the nihilistic legislation. The AARP, aghast at the passing of House bill, has alerted its 38 million members of how their representatives voted, so that they can vote them out when the time comes.

The AARP’s Executive Vice President Nancy LeaMond’s voiced their concerns:

“The AARP is deeply disappointed in today’s vote by the House to pass this deeply flawed health bill. The bill will put an Age Tax on us as we age, harming millions of American families with health insurance, forcing many to lose coverage or pay thousands of dollars more for health care. In addition, the bill now puts at risk the 25 million older adults with pre-existing conditions, such as cancer and diabetes, who would likely find health care unaffordable or unavailable to them.”

“AARP will continue to oppose this bill as it moves to the Senate because it includes an Age Tax on older Americans, eliminates critical protections for those with pre-existing conditions, puts coverage at risk for millions, cuts the life of Medicare, erodes seniors’ ability to live independently, and gives sweetheart deals to big drug and insurance companies while doing nothing to lower the cost of prescriptions.”

“We promised to hold members of Congress accountable for their vote on this bill. True to our promise, AARP is now letting its 38 million members know how their elected representative voted on this health bill in The Bulletin, a print publication that goes out to all our members, as well as through emails, social media, and other communications.”

Senior citizens threw a lot of support behind Donald Trump during the election. For many of them the slogan “Make America Great Again,” struck a nostalgic chord. Their misplaced faith gave him the White House, and now they could be one of the groups hit hardest by his terrible policies.

Many senior citizens have preexisting conditions, and generally they are the most in need of good healthcare options. The Republicans just threw them to the dogs.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't even comment yet. I was against the ACA only insofaras it forced people to buy it had they no other choice. (That's it; that's the extent of my dislike--it made a hardship on my family to HAVE to buy it.)
I need to read further and see what's happened to be able to speak about it. I have every feeling that it's not good. For anyone. I hope I am wrong.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I can't even comment yet. I was against the ACA only insofaras it forced people to buy it had they no other choice. (That's it; that's the extent of my dislike--it made a hardship on my family to HAVE to buy it.)
I need to read further and see what's happened to be able to speak about it. I have every feeling that it's not good. For anyone. I hope I am wrong.
You're required by law to have auto insurance . . . ?

Also, Monarch (hi! it's been a while, how are you? :wavey:) there's a possibility that if you get diabetes or cancer that your insurance company will drop you and you'll never be able to get insurance again.

My DH just went to the ER the other day. The bill was $10,000 for 3 hours. Imagine what cancer costs.

Last edited:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I'm so angry about this I can spit. I spent the evening at a meeting of Democrats and they are all so tired, so worn out, so distraught, that they are starting to feel defeated, here in our Republican state. I immediately came home and wrote to the Republican congressmen, and will continue to do so.

We need to fight more, not less. And we need to vote democrat in 2018. Use #votedemocratic2018 and #democrats2018 in as much social media as you can.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is beyond upsetting. And from what I've read, the Senate has already "rejected" this joke of a bill in its current form, and are "re-writing" it entirely. So this was essentially a fake vote to give our fragile man-child of a POTUS a "win". This is pathetic, cruel, and infuriating.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Also, today's vote was not just about "Obamacare" it was about removing the pre-existing condition protection that has saved so many lives in the last few years.

I can't believe we have to watch these dang Republicans every single stinking minute. :angryfire: Do they just hate people or what?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You're required by law to have auto insurance . . . ?
Yes, At least here in Ca., but there are many people driving w/o insurance.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
http://occupydemocrats.com/2017/05/04/aarp-just-responded-passing-trumpcare-threat-every-republican/
AARP Just Responded To The Passing Of Trumpcare With A Threat To Every Republican

ROBERT HAFFEY

PUBLISHED ON MAY 4, 2017
The list of Trumpcare’s victims continues to grow. Now, senior citizens are joining the many adversely affected by the nihilistic legislation. The AARP, aghast at the passing of House bill, has alerted its 38 million members of how their representatives voted, so that they can vote them out when the time comes.

The AARP’s Executive Vice President Nancy LeaMond’s voiced their concerns:

“The AARP is deeply disappointed in today’s vote by the House to pass this deeply flawed health bill. The bill will put an Age Tax on us as we age, harming millions of American families with health insurance, forcing many to lose coverage or pay thousands of dollars more for health care. In addition, the bill now puts at risk the 25 million older adults with pre-existing conditions, such as cancer and diabetes, who would likely find health care unaffordable or unavailable to them.”

“AARP will continue to oppose this bill as it moves to the Senate because it includes an Age Tax on older Americans, eliminates critical protections for those with pre-existing conditions, puts coverage at risk for millions, cuts the life of Medicare, erodes seniors’ ability to live independently, and gives sweetheart deals to big drug and insurance companies while doing nothing to lower the cost of prescriptions.”

“We promised to hold members of Congress accountable for their vote on this bill. True to our promise, AARP is now letting its 38 million members know how their elected representative voted on this health bill in The Bulletin, a print publication that goes out to all our members, as well as through emails, social media, and other communications.”

Senior citizens threw a lot of support behind Donald Trump during the election. For many of them the slogan “Make America Great Again,” struck a nostalgic chord. Their misplaced faith gave him the White House, and now they could be one of the groups hit hardest by his terrible policies.

Many senior citizens have preexisting conditions, and generally they are the most in need of good healthcare options. The Republicans just threw them to the dogs.

I am so proud of the AARP. I guess next time they send me one of those cards in the mail (because I am that old) I'll join up.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Yes, At least here in Ca., but there are many people driving w/o insurance.
Yes, here too. So . . . why aren't the Republicans trying to get rid of the "failing auto insurance" or the "debacle that is auto insurance"?

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I am just so upset about this. This whole health care debacle is the epitome of the partisan bs that the American public is so upset with. I just simply cannot fathom why our elected officials cannot be more concerned with what is good for Americans above political "wins." I never used to be a person who was anti-republican, but I have to say that this election is really turning me into a "hater." SAD!
Right? I used to feel that it was healthy for our democracy to have two opposing parties, that it kept a balance. Now I just think that republicans are haters of everyone but themselves.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yet another bad law.
The only way to bring non-perscription costs down is deep pools and the ACA tried and failed to create them.
The only way to bring prescription costs down is negotiation and jail for crooks like the makers of epipen.

imho the best way to create deep pools is nationwide pools.
Start a pool with all federal employees, get the states to put their employees into the same pool as well as medicaid.
Roll the VA into the pool.
Roll medicare into the pool
Encourage big business, small companies, county. city, school districts, and self employed to do the same.
The economics will do it, no need for threats.

Then help low income people and medicare/VA eligible buy insurance as part of the pool.
I would define low income as similar to expanded medicaid now.
Then look at helping higher than expanded medicaid income levels with sliding scale premiums.

Then have insurance companies compete to offer insurance to those in the pool.
They have to attract a certain percentage to stay in the pool and there is a max percentage any one company can have to prevent a monopoly.

Last edited:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yet another bad law.
The only way to bring non-perscription costs down is deep pools and the ACA tried and failed to create them.
The only way to bring prescription costs down is negotiation and jail for crooks like the makers of epipen.

imho the best way to create deep pools is nationwide pools.
Start a pool with all federal employees, get the states to put their employees into the same pool as well as medicaid.
Roll the VA into the pool.
Roll medicare into the pool
Encourage big business, small companies, county. city, school districts, and self employed to do the same.
The economics will do it, no need for threats.

Then help low income people and medicare/VA eligible buy insurance as part of the pool.
I would define low income as similar to expanded medicaid now.
Then look at helping higher than expanded medicaid income levels with sliding scale premiums.

Then have insurance companies compete to offer insurance to those in the pool.
They have to attract a certain percentage to stay in the pool and there is a max percentage any one company can have to prevent a monopoly.

Do you really think this could happen? To me the world 'pool' connotates high cost. So you are saying to give medicare users a stipend? Why not just offer national health insurance? you won't have to move people into pools... encourage people to 'buy'... your post reads like high risk pool to me, and I have seen high risk in my lifetime and it doesn't work.. It's a lot easier to put a portion of one's income towards national healthcare Karl. But I will give a clap to Ayn Rand for you :)
Peace

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
http://money.cnn.com/2017/05/01/news/economy/obamacare-trump-pre-existing-conditions/
Missy, I found this article linked in yours, which provides good info about the pre-existing conditions piece.
So likely, the poorest red states will be the first to start opting out/cutting services. Trumps base will be the first ones on the chopping block. I mean, I think all of the liberals knew this going in, the people affected most just refused to believe it. People living in the wealthy blue states will probably* be fine.

*obviously no guarantee.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results