shape
carat
color
clarity

Heading to Leon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
After so much time and consideration of how to reset my ring I came to the conclusion (with some kick in the behind from my husband) to start the process with Leon Mege.

I talked to him today and he is so nice! What I am asking for is pretty simple: my 2.27 RB set with shield shaped side stones, center stone to be in four double claw prongs.

So far it is really very preliminary - I don''t exactly know how those shield shaped stones will be set, prong wise. I told him I wanted F color ones to match my stone.

Does anyone out there have a RB with shield shaped side stones and could post a photo? I originally wanted 3 rounds, but that idea failed. I love the look of tapered baguettes, but wanted a slightly more substantial look on the side stones. Shield shaped ones seemed to fit the bill and also very elegant.

I am very excited about this, though a little nervous to plop my ring into the US mail. Sigh. I''ve done it before, and it worked, but it''s scary.

Right now my ring is not insured - would it be better to insure it before I send it out? I figure it would be insured while in the mail and then insured against loss/theft while it is with Leon. Is that enuf or am I crazy to send it out w/o insurance?

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
This is the ring I am going to reset

Beacon alone2 resize2.jpg

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
Exciting! If you do U.S. registered mail with insurance, you should be fine as long as you have adequate documentation of the value should anything happen (hopefully not). I thought I read before how claims with USPS can take a long time and good documentation is needed. The only thing I hate about registered mail is that it takes forever. I've sent my ring that is covered under a JM policy express mail with no insurance from the carrier before. Luckily I've never had a problem, but yes it is scary until you hear that it's arrived.

I can't wait to see the sidestones Leon picks out for you!

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
Beacon, I love that design. Somebody posted a photoshop of just that except the ring had melee also. I saved it to a file for my future reference, but I am having trouble transferring it here.

Everytime I try to resize it, it gets too small to see, yet is says file is too big
39.gif
. Perhaps someone will post the ring I am thingking of.

I think the original center stone was a square cut, but photoshopped the RB into it.....

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
I think that shield stones will look great- it''s a tremendous stone and your fingers look v. slender, so the shields will be very flattering. Also I LOVE Leon''s work.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
like yingh''s?

Clip.jpg

Clip_7.jpg

Ringonmyhand.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If your diamond is worth over $25,000, you absolutely need to insure it first, as that is the value limit for registered mail insurance. I am excited for you to be getting a Leon setting!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Yay, Beacon!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
How exciting!!

It will be fabulous!
3.gif

(aren''t the sides posted above traps? I thought shields are more like the ones on the far right of this pic:)

widget

dbls98es1.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2007 7:24:27 PM
Author: widget
Yay, Beacon!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
How exciting!!

It will be fabulous!
3.gif

(aren''t the sides posted above traps? I thought shields are more like the ones on the far right of this pic:)

widget
funny I thought they were like 2nd from the left!!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2007 7:36:14 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

(aren't the sides posted above traps? I thought shields are more like the ones on the far right of this pic:)
You may be right...whadda I know???
20.gif

ETA: BTW....if shields do have pointy ends, I wonder if an "asprey shank" could be done? (Like KD's..) I LOVE 'em!

w.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/11/2007 7:36:14 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

Yay, Beacon!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
How exciting!!

It will be fabulous!
3.gif

widget

I think the ones second from the left are bullets, no?

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know what the heck a "shield cut" is

Is this an example:

452125a.JPG

21185b.JPG

13640b.JPG

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
how exciting beacon!!! you must keep us updated and congrats on deciding what to do w/your bling!
36.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Widget''s pic looks like tapered bagg, bullet, traps, half moons, shields to me from L to R.

bargaincrazy

Shiny_Rock
Found this on google:
Shield Cut diamonds have a somewhat triangular shape with the top side bowed and the two other "sides" composed of two bowed edges. The overall shape resembles the shields used by warriors throughout history.

cutshiel2Y.jpg

bargaincrazy

Shiny_Rock
And these pics from other threads. This is a cushion with shield side stones. I did see a thread asking about what this would look like with an RB, but didn''t see any photoshopped images:

Very excited for you Beacon!!! The ring will be gorgeous and especially so if Leon is making it.

shld_ps.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
OH WOW Beacon, this ring is going to be gorgeous!! How excited are you!!!?? Cant wait to see the finished product!!!
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m so excited for you Beacon!!!! I can''t wait to see it!!!
36.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooooh, it''s going to be beautiful! Can''t wait to see the finished project.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
WooHoo, this is going to be exciting to watch.

I love shield cuts and traps too.

And a Leon creation, what''s not to love.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Here is one example from Leons site: http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/details.php?image_id=31

This stone is huge, and mine is smaller so hopefully it won''t be too much of a cathedral look like this one. I want the shields to be flat on the sides, like this example, not too curvy like the drawing that bargain crazy found on Google. Hopefully I can get them slightly elongated too.

Oh gosh, this is pretty picky, huh? Leon did say that it is harder to come by well cut shields so I guess I am going to have to be pretty detailed in telling what I want.

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/12/2007 12:51:57 AM
Author: Beacon
Here is one example from Leons site: http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/details.php?image_id=31

This stone is huge, and mine is smaller so hopefully it won''t be too much of a cathedral look like this one. I want the shields to be flat on the sides, like this example, not too curvy like the drawing that bargain crazy found on Google. Hopefully I can get them slightly elongated too.

Oh gosh, this is pretty picky, huh? Leon did say that it is harder to come by well cut shields so I guess I am going to have to be pretty detailed in telling what I want.
36.gif
That one is beautiful! A lot of the cushions don''t have as large of a diameter as RB (in my experience looking through cushions on ERD), so the size may be closer than you think!

yellowsparkles

Shiny_Rock
That is going to be one LOVELY ring! Can''t wait to see the pics!
36.gif

My cushion has shields too (wish it were that 2+ carat cushion in the leon pic!).

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beacon, it''s going to be AWESOME! And with the shield sides, it''s going to be very unique too!!! I can''t wait to see it!

(DEFINITELY insure it before sending it out. You really want to make sure the stone is insured against damage if it''s accidentally chipped during setting...something which happens a lot more frequently than you''d think!)

ello

Brilliant_Rock
I''m super excited for you! It''s going to be lovely!!!

Here''s a Leon with an Oval.

Leonr360-04W.jpg

ello

Brilliant_Rock
When I started my project I was hoping for traps but decided to go with the Kristy Darling gorgeous pear side setting. My center stone is 2.6cts and my ring size is 6.25. This pic might give you an idea of proportion/finger coverage. I think your finger size is smaller than my fat little finger so your setting might look larger! wink-wink! The traps were a little more pricey so I decided to go with 0.32 pear sides. One thing to mention to Leon is that you are firm on the double claws...they actually forgot to set my setting with double claws - I guess Leon felt that based on my size stone it looked better to have less metal or...donno? I actually decided to keep my single claws because it''s simply to hard for me to part with my baby plus it looks lovely with the single claws as well.

Leon_6pic.jpg

ello

Brilliant_Rock
Correction - Oops sorry, I was hoping for Shield Cut diamonds but decided to go with pears....

ello

Brilliant_Rock
one last thing...I requested a picture before shipping but Leon - via Mark, Engagement Rings Direct mentioned that Leon was tooooo busy so remind then that you would like to receive a picture before shipping.

luthergirl

Rough_Rock
I was also interested in doing shield or tapered bullet side stones with my round diamond, has he given you any idea on approximate costs, if you are comfortable sharing? Any info. you have is appreciated! I recently sent him an email and was planning on calling soon-just wanted to check a few local jewelers first. I love the idea and I am sure it will be beautiful with your stone!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results