shape
carat
color
clarity

HCA Tool message

act1980

Shiny_Rock
Just entered the GIA number to get a score and this message popped up. I’m confused as the girdle is medium to slightly thick. When I enter the information manually it generates a TIC score of 1.7 with everything excellent apart from the spread which is very good. The crown angle is incorrect as is the pavilion C9A12745-45F4-46F2-85CF-F11AFB2E588D.jpeg

Eeveepenny

Shiny_Rock
The crown angle has been entered incorrectly it should be in the 30’s

act1980

Shiny_Rock
The crown angle has been entered incorrectly it should be in the 30’s

Thank you. So it's nothing to worry about then. Spread gets "very good" but shows as average. Not sure if thats ok or not

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are entering percentages for the crown and pavilion angles. You need to be entering degrees. What kind of report is this?

act1980

Shiny_Rock
You are entering percentages for the crown and pavilion angles. You need to be entering degrees. What kind of report is this?

Thats what the GIA generates. When I enter it manually I enter the degrees and get the TIC score. Whoever has attached the information to the GIA has entered it incorrectly

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
@act1980 We implemented the GIA number to help people fill in the numbers.

We strive to make sure all is accurate, but occasionally systems have glitches and we have the wrong details with the GIA numbers.

If you share the GIA number, I can look into it for you.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Andrey will check out the GIA input issue - highly unlikely.
But could be a vendor who entered the % data and not the angles into that field.
As to the difference in spread calculations- The Looks Like is the more accurate measure - the other earlier 20 year old method did not use the millimeter size and carat weight. It was an estimate based on 4 bits of rounded data.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results