shape
carat
color
clarity

HCA score question

laken70

Rough_Rock
Hi! My diamond got an HCA of 1.4, but will appear average size. Is this something desirable? It’s a 1.07 carat from JA. Do I want something that will appear bigger? I’m confused. Thanks in advance.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Appearing average size is completely fine. Stones that appear "large " for their carat weight are typically more shallow than those that appear "average". As long as the stone scores under 2 on the HCA, I wouldn't worry about it. The only thing to avoid (in my opinion) is stones that appear "small" because that likely means they are cut deep and will look smaller than their ct weight

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
Average size is great. If it faces up “bigger” you run the risk of the diamond being cut too shallow and the optical properties won’t be ideal.

laken70

Rough_Rock
Appearing average size is completely fine. Stones that appear "large " for their carat weight are typically more shallow than those that appear "average". As long as the stone scores under 2 on the HCA, I wouldn't worry about it. The only thing to avoid (in my opinion) is stones that appear "small" because that likely means they are cut deep and will look smaller than their ct weight

Thank you for the quick reply. This puts my mind at ease.

laken70

Rough_Rock
Average size is great. If it faces up “bigger” you run the risk of the diamond being cut too shallow and the optical properties won’t be ideal.

Thank you for you input. Definitely puts my mind at ease!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results