shape
carat
color
clarity

HCA Score 6 :(

anon34985

Shiny_Rock
@lovedogs @diamondseeker2006 I am back... She sent me another stone. It scores 2.7 on HCA which I know is a bit high, but it said to check the H&A and ASET to confirm... I just want to throw out there, an upgrade over mine would still be appreciated even if it isn't perfect haha. This one might measure a little bit small and could be more noticeably different than my current size wise.

https://enchanteddiamonds.com/diamonds/view/R160-179095843
HA.png ASETa.png asetb.png asetc.png

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, it is showing leakage, too. HCA needs to be 2.0 or less, but sometimes there's a good one slightly over. I'd honestly give her the parameters below and you can avoid most of these problems.

table: 54-57 (maybe up to 58)
depth: 62-62.3
crown angle: 34-35.0 (sometimes up to 35.5 can work with a 40.6 pav angle)
pavilion angle: 40.6-40.9

anon34985

Shiny_Rock
@lovedogs @diamondseeker2006
I have been casually looking at diamonds ever since, going in with the mindset if something makes sense, I'll do it, and if it doesn't, I will wait! So I have found an ACA 1.69 K SI1 (eye clean) for $8600- so essentially the same amount I would get for my stone.
Would you be wary of going from a GIA I to an AGS K? If you don't mind, I will upload the pics that she gave me that are up next to an I, its so hard for me to tell if I would notice the difference. I'm def going to go to a store and put a K next to my stone to see! On the hand I cant tell them apart... I actually am not even sure which is which, but I know lighting can play a part in things..FYI it scores a 1.2 on HCA SBS_1.694-1.703.jpg HAND_1.694-1.703.jpg TRAY_1.694-1.703.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lovedogs @diamondseeker2006
I have been casually looking at diamonds ever since, going in with the mindset if something makes sense, I'll do it, and if it doesn't, I will wait! So I have found an ACA 1.69 K SI1 (eye clean) for $8600- so essentially the same amount I would get for my stone.
Would you be wary of going from a GIA I to an AGS K? If you don't mind, I will upload the pics that she gave me that are up next to an I, its so hard for me to tell if I would notice the difference. I'm def going to go to a store and put a K next to my stone to see! On the hand I cant tell them apart... I actually am not even sure which is which, but I know lighting can play a part in things..FYI it scores a 1.2 on HCA SBS_1.694-1.703.jpg HAND_1.694-1.703.jpg TRAY_1.694-1.703.jpg
Honestly I think you'll be so thrilled with the improvement in cut that the color won't bother you. But that's just my opinion since I'm not color sensitive. Definitely go to a store with gia graded stones and see what you think. But remember that better cut = less noticible color. So If you see ones in a store that look super tinted its probably bc they are poorly cut

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn’t trade an I for a K. Might as well look more seriously into recutting your existing stone. As you know, you will be taking a large hit on it if you are to trade it in for a stone of the same size nonetheless and 3 colors down.

anon34985

Shiny_Rock
I wouldn’t trade an I for a K. Might as well look more seriously into recutting your existing stone. As you know, you will be taking a large hit on it if you are to trade it in for a stone of the same size nonetheless and 3 colors down.

Thanks! I have decided recutting is not a avenue I want to take at this time, I know 100% I would not be happy with a stone smaller than 1.7 (and would love to go even bigger haha) In terms of diamond resale, I don't think I'm taking too huge of a hit paid $11,000 would get $8500, and with the whiteflash upgrade policy, if the colour really bothered me, it would be much easier to trade up than the situation I am in now! I think I really just need to look at K's to see how colour sensitive I am!

anon34985

Shiny_Rock
Honestly I think you'll be so thrilled with the improvement in cut that the color won't bother you. But that's just my opinion since I'm not color sensitive. Definitely go to a store with gia graded stones and see what you think. But remember that better cut = less noticible color. So If you see ones in a store that look super tinted its probably bc they are poorly cut

Thanks! So we think this diamond would be really sparkly?? https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4118780.htm If it turns out to not be a match, I could always wait for a J and pay the difference...

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks! I have decided recutting is not a avenue I want to take at this time, I know 100% I would not be happy with a stone smaller than 1.7 (and would love to go even bigger haha) In terms of diamond resale, I don't think I'm taking too huge of a hit paid $11,000 would get $8500, and with the whiteflash upgrade policy, if the colour really bothered me, it would be much easier to trade up than the situation I am in now! I think I really just need to look at K's to see how colour sensitive I am!

That’s a 22% realized loss but as long as it’s a good value for you, then that’s all that matters. A recut can also be beneficial even for trade in purposes, but I understand if that’s not the route you want to take. I would just encourage you to look for a higher color as the body color difference from a GIA I to an AGS K will be noticeable.

Kensington

Rough_Rock
I'm not hugely color sensitive, but I'd notice that jump. Up to you though.

Did you ever find out how much carat weight you might lose from a recut? I don't think it would be all that much and the better cut would make it look bigger, so my guess is it'd end up looking about the same size.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry I missed your question! I have been at the beach for the past week and not online much!

I personally would not go from an I to a K. I do have some antique stones in lower colors, but I color is my lowest in modern round stones and for my e-ring stone. I'd wait for a J, and then I'd work toward the final upgrade in color and whatever size you want! WF has a great selection, but popular colors and sizes sell and have to be replenished. There have been a few times that I wanted to upgrade my studs but had to wait for a great matched pair. But they always have come along!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results