shape
carat
color
clarity

HCA Scale

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jknapper

Rough_Rock
Just a quick question.. on the HCA scale, my diamond scored .9 I'm guessing zero is best, and nearly impossible then the higher the number the lower the rating? Seems like I read somehwere that 1.5 is best or maybe 1 is best, i'm getting a bit confused. Maybe it is 1 is best for TIC? When doing the formulas, mine was a TIC.

diamatuer

Rough_Rock
Actually, and not to diminish your questions, but I have some questions regarding the cut advisor as well:wavey::

The cut advisor uses the AVERAGES of the pavilion, crown and table dimensions, because I believe that is what a sarin report spits out - so if the averages fall within a good range, it spits out good results.

1) How much do variances (or the min to max for each number) affect these results?

2) Is this something we should pay attention to? What would be considered significant/material variances?

I realize that ultimately you have to take a look at the stone, but when purchasing over the internet, that is not always feasible. It would be nice to have some rules of thumb.

rsilvers

Shiny_Rock
0.0 is best, 1.0 is not as good as 0.0 but still super. Anything under 2.0 is considered excellent.

I have seen some stones get a .3 .4 or .6

NeedHelp

Rough_Rock
My Stone I just purchased got a .2 :))

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results