shape
carat
color
clarity

HCA question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PoopEater

Rough_Rock
Garry, or anyone else who knows, I have a quick question. Is there any way to specify, either using a command line, or an encoded URL, the parameters to the HCA? For example, if I wanted to analyze this stone:

60% depth
57% table
35 crown angle
40 pavilion angle
0 culet

Could I use any method other than hand entering into the web page? I am wanting to do some quick batch mode HCA runs for a list of stones I have. I have all the measurements in a text file, but am too lazy to plug them in manually.

Is there a downloadable version of HCA?

WalnutCrunch

Rough_Rock
Here's the query string that you can pass it, as superbcert does for the diamonds on their site:
http://www.hollowaycutadviser.com/hca.asp?depth=60.7&table=55&crown=34.2&pavilion=40.9&culet=0.5

I'm not sure if there's any terms of use for the HCA, but you might want to check that first before bombarding it with your requests.
1.gif

WC

PoopEater

Rough_Rock
Thanks, Walnut! I won't be bombarding it too badly. I only wanted to check about 10 stones or so. If this is a problem, I'm hoping that Garry will let me know in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results