shape
carat
color
clarity

HCA Contradicts Father-in-Law!!! Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CaptAubrey

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve got another suggestion. Only you know whether your FIL is an old dog who can be taught new tricks, but from what you''re saying, it doesn''t sound like it.

Rather than try to teach him his business, you need to speak his language. Tell him (with a deep sigh), "It just doesn''t speak to me." Don''t be specific about why. Just play "hard to please" and tell him you''ve got a specific look in mind. Tell him, "I know my perfect diamond is out there somewhere."

Ask if you can see some other stones, and only then mention that you''ve heard something about this concept called "ideal cut" and could he possibly get some of those to compare. Don''t mention the internet at all, and don''t start getting into angles and numbers.

My guess is this approach will play into how he thinks of diamonds. You''ll get a great stone, and everyone will stay happy.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results