shape
carat
color
clarity

Hawaiian Honeymoons

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
We haven''t begun to think too much about our honeymoon, but we''ve sort of changed what we''re looking into. A while back I had posted about going to Hawaii or Italy because a friend was planning to go away. That got me thinking, and I really like the Hawaii idea. We''re in New England, and as much as I like to travel, Hawaii is just SO FAR away. Isn''t it a 5 hour flight from the west coast? That would be roughly the same as flying across the US twice...I think. If we do end up going to Hawaii, what other airports could we fly out from once getting to the west coast? I know SF is a popular spot for a quick stop along the way, but where else would be good?

I''ve been looking into Hawaii a little, but honestly it''s so overwhelming. So for those of you who are going to Hawaii, where will yo be spending your time and how did you make the decisions about where to go and where to stay?

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Zoe~
I went to Hawaii last year. From Chicago you're looking at about 9 hours. On the way there we flew into LAX, then to Honolulu, and on the way back we had a nonstop from Honolulu to O'Hare. The direct flight was only about 8 hours, but from Chicago to LA was around 4, and LA to Honolulu was 4-5. If you're coming from the East Coast I would add another 2 hours. HTH!

ETA: To answer your other question, we were there for about 6 days I think. We stayed on Oahu the whole time except for one day when we flew the big island. It was a lot of fun and so beautiful, but I decided that when I go back I'll go on the Hawaiian cruise. Some people don't like cruises because you only get x amount of hours at each port, but I'd love to go on a cruise and see all of the islands without having to fly to each one. Oahu was gorgeous but anywhere there's a beach and clear water I'm happy! But, it seems to be that if you don't see Maui or Kauai, you haven't experienced Hawaii. And definitely go on a helicopter tour of the falls. =)

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Mandarine! You and your FI live in FL, right? Hawaii doesn''t seem too far to go for you? I''m afraid that I''ll be tired of traveling by the time we get to the west coast. My FI has little patience for being uncomfortable and I''m afraid he''ll get cranky on the planes. Do I really want to deal with that?
9.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi IrishAngel! Are the planes that fly between islands little puddle jumper types? They scare me. Big airplanes are fine but small ones (the ones where they have to distribute weight before taking off) don''t thrill me.

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
We are going to Hawaii for our honeymoon. I'm super jazzed about it. Cause really, Hawaii is my very favorite place on earth!!!!!!

I've been to Hawaii four times...I was a lucky kid! Oahu isn't my favorite island. Very touristy. And I didn't love the north shore. Maui is lovely, but has probably been built up quite a bit since the last time I've been there.

The big island is AMAZING. Volcanoes National Park is there. Black sand beaches. Faboo resorts. It rocks.

We are going to Kauai for a week. I am super excited. From what I've read, it is relatively undeveloped. Only like 50,000 people live there. There are two large resorts, both of which look very nice. It is very tropical and very romantic!

It is a long flight, but let me tell you what...first class to hawaii isn't as expensive as you'd expect. And you only take one honeymoon!

The only drawback to Kauai that I can see is that we are not going to be eating amazing foodie food. I'm sure the restaurants will be great, but not jaw on the floor new york city faboo food amazing.

But it is an amazing beautiful island with some of the prettiest beaches I've ever seen...and I've only seen pictures! I'm sooo excited!

Whhheeeeee!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
First class, huh? I assumed it would be well beyond what we could afford. To be honest, the whole trip sounds super pricey. It''s someplace I''ve always wanted to go though, and you''re right, you only get one honeymoon.

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Zoe, when we flew from Honolulu to Hilo it was about an hour flight on a 737, so it wasn''t a puddle jumper. As for the other islands, I''m not sure.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/15/2007 3:45:03 PM
Author: zoebartlett
Hi Mandarine! You and your FI live in FL, right? Hawaii doesn''t seem too far to go for you? I''m afraid that I''ll be tired of traveling by the time we get to the west coast. My FI has little patience for being uncomfortable and I''m afraid he''ll get cranky on the planes. Do I really want to deal with that?
9.gif

Yes, it''s definitely far...but we''re going for at least 2 weeks, so it should be ok. I thought we may stay in the West Coast area for at least one night to break it up a little bit....but I''m not sure yet.

Our other option was Argentina, that''s also pretty far!, but we had to change plans and I''m thirrled about the Hawaii idea! I''ve never been there and always wanted to go!

M~

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey,
I have pics posted of my Kauai trip. This is my second time going to Kauai and my favorite of the Hawaiian Islands, actually they are all beautiful!
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/how-was-your-trip-skippy.63700/

Two weeks is perfect! If you have any questions I am more than happy to answer any. I flew from Albuquerque, NM to PHX to Hawaii and it the past I have flown from ABQ to LA or San Fran to Hawaii. I guess it all depends on the airline. The plane ride sucks but I would get it over in one shot but that is just me. It is about 5 1/2 hours from LA to Hawaii but they show a movie on the plane; it is all worth it!
31.gif

climb2cloud9

Shiny_Rock
We're going to Maui but we live in Los Angeles so the direct flight is like 5 hours or so. Since you are in New England, have you thought of going to the Carribbean?? It might be a shorter trip for you guys.

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
We went to Kauai for our honeymoon in May. We flew US Airways (also America West) and went through Phoenix.
We stayed at the Castle Kiahuna Plantaion Resort which is on the south shore. We had a wonderful time!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results