shape
carat
color
clarity

Hawaii - How to decide which islands?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
View from our bedroom at the B&B.

OurViewbigIS.jpg

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/23/2008 2:33:00 PM
Author: blushingbride
Date: 6/23/2008 2:05:25 PM

Author: jcrow

blushing bride -yes, although i''m a scaredy-cat it''s on my list for maui. did you stay in hana?

No...we didn''t stay there since it''s really out in the boons. Although, there was a lovely hotel there if you were interested. It used to be that you could do the road to Hana and continue driving all the way back to Wailea, but a hurricane knocked out some of the bridges so, you have turn around at somepoint and drive back the same way you came - which was actually cool because it allowed us to stop at some places that were too crowded to stop on the trip to Hana. We actually drove about an hour past Hana to see some additional waterfalls, etc. The Four Seasons concierge gave us all the mile markers to look out for along the way to ensure we didn''t miss anything like the eucalyptus trees, photo ops, etc.

In addition to your concierge, if you''re considering the road to Hana they sell CD driving guides to the road which tell the significance of certain areas as well as specific tips like which waterfalls are deep enough for swimming, which have hidden footpaths along the lefthand side that if you''re a good climber, you''ll be rewarded with the discovery of the waterfall ABOVE the other waterfall which you would have missed had you stayed at the road level, etc.

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/23/2008 2:59:25 PM
Author: fleur-de-lis

Date: 6/23/2008 2:33:00 PM

Date: 6/23/2008 2:05:25 PM

blushing bride -yes, although i''m a scaredy-cat it''s on my list for maui. did you stay in hana?

No...we didn''t stay there since it''s really out in the boons. Although, there was a lovely hotel there if you were interested. It used to be that you could do the road to Hana and continue driving all the way back to Wailea, but a hurricane knocked out some of the bridges so, you have turn around at somepoint and drive back the same way you came - which was actually cool because it allowed us to stop at some places that were too crowded to stop on the trip to Hana. We actually drove about an hour past Hana to see some additional waterfalls, etc. The Four Seasons concierge gave us all the mile markers to look out for along the way to ensure we didn''t miss anything like the eucalyptus trees, photo ops, etc.

In addition to your concierge, if you''re considering the road to Hana they sell CD driving guides to the road which tell the significance of certain areas as well as specific tips like which waterfalls are deep enough for swimming, which have hidden footpaths along the lefthand side that if you''re a good climber, you''ll be rewarded with the discovery of the waterfall ABOVE the other waterfall which you would have missed had you stayed at the road level, etc.
My girlfriend who had made the trip on her honeymoon gave us the book, "Maui Revealed" - another great resource to use for exploring the area and the road to Hana.
5.gif

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
I couldn''t resist posting some photos from our trip! Not sure how small these will turn out, but you''ll get picture....

This fiirst one is of the pool at the Four Seasons
5.gif

FS1LandJ.jpg

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
This was taken while on many of our drives around the island, but this was in South Maui where we could see the Molokini Isle (great for scuba diving)

ry%3D300.jpg

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm, not sure why that one didn''t post, but here it is again.

FS1andJ2.jpg

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
This was a view from the road to Hana.
9.gif

FS1LandJ3.jpg

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
This one of our stops on the road to Hana - a black sand beach!
36.gif

FS1LandJ5.jpg

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
A waterfall along the road to Hana.
5.gif

FS1LandJ6.jpg

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
A scary bridge we had to drive over!
6.gif
32.gif
FYI - this was past Hana...

FS1LandJ7.jpg

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
The line which is cut through the trees is the road to Hana - you literally drive right along the cliffs!

FS1LandJ8.jpg

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
The sunrising atop the Haleakala volcano!
30.gif

FS1LandJ10.jpg

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Here comes the sun!
5.gif

Here comes the sun!.jpg

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Finally the sun!
36.gif

Finally the sun!.jpg

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
A cave we found on along the road to Hana near one of the black sand beaches.

Maui Cave.jpg

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry these are a little out of order, but this is a pic which was taken on our way down the Haleakala volcano. As you can see the roads are paved.
2.gif

top of volcano.jpg

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
This was taken while on a sunset sail.
30.gif

Maui sunset.jpg

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
This is a shot of the Four Seasons from the sailboat.
5.gif

Four Seasons from the boat.jpg

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
This was taken at our favorite restaurant on the island, Mama''s Fish House!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry...that one didn''t post...here''s Mama''s Fish House

Mamas Fish House23.jpg

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
...and last but not least, the sunset - taken at a luau.

Sunset at Four Seasons.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
ok, so maui it may be
5.gif
i''m a visual person, and u just did me in!
wow!!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
and black sand beach?! that''s on my to see list too.

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, great photos everyone!

Unfortunately for this thread, most of the photos I have of Kauai were taken with old-school film, but here''s one in digital form: view of Bali Hai, entry point of the Napali Coast, in Kauai:

medbalihai.jpg

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/23/2008 4:01:59 PM
yes, it''s the coolest thing ever to see that...we actually went down to the beach and put our feet in the sand.

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
These little tropical birds (with heads that remind me of cardinals) are cute and friendly:

kauailittlebird1.jpg

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/23/2008 4:02:14 PM
Author: fleur-de-lis
Wow, great photos everyone!

Unfortunately for this thread, most of the photos I have of Kauai were taken with old-school film, but here''s one in digital form: view of Bali Hai, entry point of the Napali Coast, in Kauai:
Great shot FDL - simply breathtaking!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2008 4:07:14 PM
Date: 6/23/2008 4:01:59 PM

yes, it''s the coolest thing ever to see that...we actually went down to the beach and put our feet in the sand.

good to know! i wanna do that too
9.gif

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Let me know if you need anymore advise regarding Maui or the Four Season (if you choose to stay there)...I''m sooooo jealous, you''ll love it! We are actually leaving for Italy and Croatia next week and I''m excited, but Hawaii was truely PARADISE!
30.gif
36.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
ok. day trip looks like THE solution! we can stay on maui and take a day trip to the big island and a day trip to kauai.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results