shape
carat
color
clarity

Having doubts

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

someguy

Rough_Rock
angryfire.gif

I just spend 45 minutes writing this stupid message and then I clicked to insert a happy face and it erased my whole message!!! It does it all the time, so I have to write in the code if I don''t want to lose the message...

angryfire.gif

Well, here''s what I was trying to say before I lost my message. I''m having a few doubts about my diamond that I put on hold at gog:

http://www.goodoldgold.com/0_84ct_h_vs1__h%26a.htm

I just read the advanced tutorial here at pricescope and became concerned that the table was too small, making the diamond look smaller. Is 56.5% OK?

I guess that I''m worried about the size, since it''s *only* 0.84ct. My girl has really expensive tastes when it comes to diamonds and likes them big and of high quality. She''s said before that a 1ct ring would be "acceptable", but it wasn''t in a serious context. The other day, we were ring shopping with a friend who is getting engaged (perfect occasion for me to see what she likes, without her suspecting...bwahahaha!) and we saw some H&A and she thought that they were so beautiful and cool, and would really like to have one. So I know that she would really like H&A, but so would she like a 1ct ring. Unfortunately, being a poor canadian student, the very top MAX that I can afford is $4500 US for everything. Well, I''m allready over budget by $300 with the 0.84 ct at GOG, with the royal crown setting. That''s the absolute most as I''ll be eating noodles for half the year. So there''s no way that I could get a 1ct + H&A + royal crown setting (it''s kind of expensive, but it''s the only one that I think she''ll like. IMO, the setting makes the ring just as much as the diamond) for under 4800K.

How much cheaper do you think my 0.84 diamond would be if it was SI1 or an eye clean SI2? If I could find the same stone that was SI, and a bit bigger, I would definatively buy it, but I can''t find any.

The funniest thing is that, if it were just up to me, I''d rather take all that money and travel the world for a few months! But, it''s all about making the girl happy, and so I really want to get somehting that she''ll love. The funniest thing is that in 3-4 years, we''ll both be making loads of cash (at least compared to now) but that''s a bit to far off. I know that she would really love it if I proposed sooner that later...

Ugh. I have to stop obsessing about this! I have a lot of other things to do! Thanks for listening.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Oh dear. Okay, the way I see it you have a few options.

1) Here's something from DCD that's .96. It's a J color, but as a H&A it should still face up fairly white: http://www.goodoldgold.com/0_84ct_h_vs1__h%26a.htm. So far I've heard nothing but good things about DCD.

2) Buy the GOG stone and trust that your gal knows you're poor and will love you for stretching your pennies as far as they will go. If she's the right gal for you she'll understand your circumstances and not care that it's a massive rock

3) Buy a larger stone and have it set in a temporary setting. I know you want the Royal Crown, but if the size is that important, it can wait until later.

4) Wait to propose until you can afford a larger stone. It may hurt to wait, but if she knows you're committed to her and that you want to propose when you can afford the perfect ring, then it won't matter.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 12/4/2003 7:51:28 PM someguy wrote:

I guess that I'm worried about the size, since it's *only* 0.84ct. My girl has really expensive tastes when it comes to diamonds and likes them big and of high quality.

She's said before that a 1ct ring would be 'acceptable', but it wasn't in a serious context.

.... we saw some H&A and she thought that they were so beautiful and cool, and would really like to have one. So I know that she would really like H&A, but so would she like a 1ct ring.

Ugh I have to stop obsessing about this!; I have a lot of other things to do.

----------------

Someguy: First, don't feel bad obsessing about it. That typically leads to better decisions, believe it or not, because you've exhausted every possible "regret" up front. I'm confident that when you make a final choice, you'll have no regrets because you'll have "obsessed" up front....pre-purchase!

The next thing I'll ask....and it's going to sound funny is this: Did she like the H&A because it was beautiful.....how it performed....or did she like it because you could see the pattern in the viewer? If she liked it for the pattern in the viewer, guess what? You won't see that anyway once it's set. If she liked it for the performance, then you're good to go......by getting a cut that is slightly less than ideal.

Diamonds have colors, the highest being D. They have clarities, the highest being FL (or IF in most cases). They also have cut (superideal being equivalent to the D color or the IF clarity.)

People here talk all the time about maximizing the look by giving up "perfection on paper" that won't be discernable to the eye......dropping from a D to a G or dropping from VVS to SI1. Cut is the *same* thing.....you can get a diamond that is JUST outside the range of superideal cut proportions.....and doing so will SAVE you money and allow you to hit that carat mark you'd like.

Ask some of the vendors to discuss these type of stones....the ones that don't make it because they don't have EX/EX or ID/ID polish. I considered a stone last week that had SCREAMER numbers....60.5 depth, 55 table, 34.6 crown, 40.8 pavilion....the only reason it wasn't ideal? the polish was VG instead of good....but YOUR EYE can't SEE that! This stone represented a GREAT deal....it was .95 (which will look bigger than any MAUL stone) and it was $3495!

If you can't sacrifice on the pattern....if it has to be perfect on paper.....then my alternate recommendation would be to defer on the fancy setting until later. That's what I'm doing....putting my new screaming stone in a $80 setting for a few months until I fund the custom setting I want. To me.....I'd rather upgrade the setting than the diamond.

Good luck......whatever you decide.

knowverylittle

Rough_Rock
You are a student... future upgrades seem acceptable in today's society. Just a thought?

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh by all means drop the clarity to an eye clean SI-1 for sure! Especially because of your budget. Believe me, your gf wont be bragging about the clarity if she's insisted on a 1ct, no matter how much she was just kidding about it. Chances are, thats what she really wants.
6.gif
As for colour, you can go down to an I & you'll still be in the safe white zone.
appl.gif

As for not seeing the H&A pattern, well I for one DO see my arrows & quite profoundly in certain natural lighting & artificial lighting. True, the hearts are no longer visible once mounted, but I know that the arrows in my stone really pop out at me some days, which I LOVE. I get so turned on by them.
naughty.gif
love.gif
You actually dont need a H&A viewer to see your arrows, just cup the stone with your other hand & roll it around, presto, you'll see the lit arrows.
appl.gif

Judy
:)

Good Luck!

someguy

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much everyone for you help... It feels good to talk about this sort of thing with someone because it's hard to keep from spilling the beans! I'm a little worried that I made a mistake in putting a down payment on the diamond at GOG... do you think that they'll be mad if I change my mind? I was afraid I'd lose my nice diamond if I didn't act fast. It's not like it was a spur of the moment thing because I had been eyeing the 0.84ct for a while and was 90% sure that this was the right diamond. I had been reading up for a few months, and got so caught up in getting the best cut, best light returns, etc., that I might have forgotten that there might not be a difference to the naked eye, as said aljdewey.

So anyway, I might have jumped the gun a little... DOH! I still really like the diamond and I'm still not sure if my girl would prefer it over a larger (albeit not as ideal) stone. She really does like to get the best things... I just have to find a way to read her mind!! Or maybe find a way to ask her inconspicuously.

As for upgrading, I don't think that this is a good idea in my case 'cause she's very romantic and would attach a lot of sentimental value on the ring. I remember saying so much once.

Judy--I would love to drop down to SI1, and even I colour, but I can't find any H&A that have those specs! I looked at whiteflash, niceice, gog, and I can't find anything under $4500 for H&A, VS2-SI1, H-I color. There might be this one:

http://www.goodoldgold.com/1_014ct_j_si1__h%26a.htm

but it's a J, and I'm worried about the low white light return on the brilliance scope. Should I be?

Thanks for the support everyone!

someguy

Rough_Rock
There's another reason why would like to propose sooner than later, but I don't want anyone pity or sympathy for it, just so that you'll understand why. You see, my gf was diagnosed with Hodgkins disease and is currently finishing up chemo. She loves weddings SO much and always watches things like the wedding show on tv. Hodgins is like what Mario Lemieux had: it's a certain type of cancer that often strikes young people. The cure rates are really, really good (like >95%), and her treatments are going very very well. But she still has a month of radiation to do after the holidays and I would really like to give her something good to think about. You know what they say, live everyday like its your last! Even before this whole thing began, I knew that she was the one for me and had just started looking for rings, but because of our present circumstances I would really like to get engaged over the holidays!

Anyway, that's my story. Please, don't worry, things will be fine! I just wanted to say why I would rather not wait to propose. Take care everyone!

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
HI So I unstersatnd your second thoughts...and your desire to suprise your GF for the holidays..

My thoughts are to contact GOG and let them know what you would like your final outcome to be...? larger stone with some decrease in color/clarity...I am sure they will be happy to work with you to get just what you want...they may also have stones they have not listed on their website...

If your GF liked the H&A and as likes high quality (color/clarity) (she likes you right :)

I am sure it is hard to determine what she wants more size or 'quality' (color/clarity)...that is not to mean that other color/clarities are not 'quality'...

As others have mentioned no use paying for what you won't see...

I am sure she will love whatever you give...

I would also consider skipping the Vatche...for now and getting a basic setting...and let her help you pick out the new one if she wants it...

I am sure you will find what you want in time

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 12/4/2003 10:14:22 PM ccuheartnurse wrote:

As for not seeing the H&A pattern, well I for one DO see my arrows & quite profoundly in certain natural lighting & artificial lighting.
----------------

Absolutely right....but the point I'm getting at is this: there are stones that exhibit the H&A pattern (to some degree) that aren't true H&A stones. One of those may get him a very similar look without paying the premium to get it. One of the hearts may be a bit "off", and the stone cannot be truly called an H&A...BUT you see the arrows just the same.

That's where he can get the most bang for his buck.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just helped my fsil get her ring together, & although it was gorgeous, just gorgeous, that J threw me off. Yes, it was MUCH whiter than I had thought it would be, but for me, it was too yellow. Even my fiance commented on how yellow it was to him. It was funny, in the car on the way home he chuckled & said "that stone wouldnt be good enough for you would it." It wasnt a question but rather a comment. LOL Lovely man, he knows me well! I would wholeheartedly recommend a J in yellow gold though, hands down. I notice on your list of vendors you didnt mention Diamond Brokers of Florida. Send Jan an email & see what she can find for you. I have bought several stones through her now & every time she hasnt let me down. Of course, she most likely doesnt have it in stock, & I know time is of the essense, but give her a chance. :) Her prices are very competative & even lower than I've found elsewhere.
I hope your gf recovers from her illness & the 2 of you ride off into the sunset together.
appl.gif

Al....I misunderstood your post, I appologize. Yes, you are 100% correct, even if the hearts are misshaped, & the arrow pattern present, thats great bang for your buck.
2.gif

Unfortunately, stones like that that perform well, are a bit harder to find. Not to say they arent there, just harder to find.

Judy

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Honestly......Diamond Brokers of Florida was one of the vendors I called in my recent search, and I have to say I was quite disappointed.

I inquired about a stone; it was out but Jan suggested another that was due in the next day. We traded several emails during the day and I was very impressed at first with the communication. We ended that she would get some additional information for me as soon as the stone came in the next day.

Next day: nothing. Didn't hear from her at all. Waited all day, then phoned her with a half-hour left in the business day. She told me the stone had been sold to walk-in customers that morning.

The stone sold that morning, but she never got in touch to advise. She knew I had asked for info on it.....but sold it to someone else instead. I asked about other potential stones coming in.....she emailed one that didn't fit what I was looking for. That was a week ago, and not another peep from her.

I'm sure they are great for some folks, and I know they've been really good to Judy, but based on my experience, I'd say that this was the only vendor who made me feel as though online customers were second-rate to them.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 12/5/2003 2:32:39 AM Mara wrote:

Jonathan has some amazing stones, but be sure to cover ALL your bases before you lock in.
Good luck!
----------------

I know that GOG has all that info about each stone, but this does not mean that all other stones will be worse! True enough, with other vendors you have to stage some communication and leave them some time to produce those basic crown and pavilion angles / %, more precise Sarin reports, but if this process ends up delivering a bigger stone with similar performance for less money, why not? After all, students are supposed to have "little money but ALOT of time" (I've heard this mantra during my studies in the US, and, it surely seemed to apply to American grad students, so no offense intended). GOG's services are intended to show what diamonds are good at and save buyers' time. You have got the info (free
2.gif
) and, as many others on PS, you are surely free to use it to get better stuff for your money. I am 10000% sure Jonathan does not like this side of his online business, but everyone needs to get into some charity one day, right ?! This is, of course, the harsh way to say it...

One more: it seems that your girl has seen one H&A, found it "cool" and got you paying the premium for those arrows. There are plenty non H$A with serious sparkle (such as Mara's), no brand and no premium. It may be easier for your girl to like a larger stone with amazing sparkle than a smaller one with some spikes under the table, unless she'll carry a loupe in her pocket to show them to people. I could be wrong here, but this may at least be one point of view to consider. A few people may prefer a 0.3 ct D-IF, H&A just for the sake of it, but most buyers aim to the 1ct benchmark.

Anyway, I hope this is not too harsh: but it did not occur to me to spend all that on a pebble in grad school, even if I did not spend a thing on school itself (blessed grants be). There were so many things starting at that time (not long ago)! Maybe your girl would agree...

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hey Mara, nice find! I think that 1.0, SI-1, I is the one for $4186 right? If its the same one you were referring to at $4100, the #'s seem really very nice, not to mention the stone is already laser engraved. All my stones are lazer engraved so needless to say, I'm a fan of that.
2.gif

Why dont you look into that one? What you can do is buy a simple $100 white gold Tiffany style ring & tell her that you wanted to surprise her but that you would leave the style of the mount up to her.
appl.gif
She would love you for involving her yet she would have gotten her surprise proposal & the 1 ct. LOL You would then have made a woman very happy. Ok, this also buys you a bit of time to get another ring but but believe me, there are a lot of choices at all kinds of price points.

Al.......I'm REALLY disappointed to hear that about Jan. Really disappointed. She's usually quick on the draw, especially with email communication. Not to mention giving the edge to us here that she knows.
sad.gif
I'm so surprised at this I cant say anything tangible. I will still continue to recommend her cause overall, I have had impecable service. Apart from Jim at Dirt Cheap (also very good at his quick responses & personal attentive customer service), she's been the best.

Judy

Janelle

Rough_Rock
We bought my stone from GOG in May. I pretty much had the same budget as you. I ended up buying a 1.07ct SI2 (eye clean), I color (faces up white). I was leary of going down to SI2 and I color since the only other diamond I owned was a VS1 F emerald cut. But I have to say that I am very pleased! If Jonathon says it is eye-clean, it will be. I plan on buying some diamond stud earrings, and I will not pay the premium for VS clarity. As long as it is eye-clean, I am good to go!

Since I wanted to spend the most on my stone that I could, I went with a simple Stuller Solstice platinum setting. Total, I paid about $4800 for the stone and setting. It is absolutely beautiful! It sparkles like no other diamond I have seen and I can see the arrows. I love it!

So, my point is when dealing with a reputable vendor like GOG, you can go down in color and clarity and still have a great stone.

magna2

Shiny_Rock
Someguy,

I am not sure what your trepidations are with regards to the 0.84 ct/H/VS1 GOG diamond. First you stated that you are having doubts because the table is only 56.5% and thus might be small - well, a table of 56% is a great measurement. Next you thought 0.84 ct is too small because your girlfriend off-handidly mentioned she would like a 1 ct diamond - carat size is a weight measurement not a length/width measurement. The GOG diamond is a very well cut diamond and most likely looks a whole lot bigger than the diamonds that you have came across at your typical jewelery store ... especially those mall stores. Your girlfriend and her girlfriends probably have no concept of what a 1 ct diamond looks like. The typical engagement ring diamond is well less than 1 ct. Then you throw in the statement that your girlfriend has expensive taste especially when it comes to diamonds and likes them big and high quality - how many does she already own??? Quality and size are subjective - does she really know what a quality diamond looks like??

You have begun to educate yourself about diamonds - does your girlfriend know more than or as knowledgeable about diamonds as you???

Frankly, I don't see the issue with the GOG diamond. I am sure that if you've bought the 0.84 GOG diamond and given it to your girlfriend, she would be very happy with it. Her reaction would not be - eeewww, its' a puny 0.84 when I was hoping for a 1 ct job. She would recognize the financial position that you are in and appreciate the diamond for what it represents - the token of your love and her promised hand in marriage.

You have a budget, and if you are to stay within that budget then compromises must be made. You need to do some self reflection to determine what is important to you. If you are so obsessed with getting a 1 ct diamond then you might need to go down in quality - that is, go for a regular ideal cut versus a H&A or color and clarity to find what fits your budget and meets your priorities.

rodent.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

Actually, I was considering this stone early in my search (the 1.00 I, SI1 from DI...). Among all the stones I ran by my cohorts, they all picked this as first choice by the numbers. I got (and actually still have) the pictures on this, and they were good. One heart was slightly misshapen, but otherwise it looked good. This is exactly what I was talking about.....best bang for the buck. Due to one misshapen heart, the price on this stone is FAR more reasonable than it would be if it were "technically perfect".

Judy....yeah, I'm sorry too. The only reason I got in touch with them at all is because you've always said how wonderful their efforts are....and initially I was impressed. She responded to my online inquiry within 12 hours on the first two stones, and I communicated with her throughout the day on that first day. But once they sold the stone to a walk-in customer that she had promised me pics/scopes on, that's when I stopped hearing from her.

That's not to say they aren't wonderful or that they aren't the right choice for someone else, but they were not the right fit for me. I got the feeling that my business as an online customer wasn't as important to them as their face-to-face clients.....and so I walked my business elsewhere.

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
Hi AL dont' take this the wrong way...but as they say 'A bird in the hand...'

I understand your frustration...but you inquired...they bought...

I agree that they should have communicated with you better...and worked with you a bit...more...

I am sure you will find the perfect stone for you...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
CCU..yes that's probably the same one. I've seen the IS images and pictures of the stone and it was pretty darn nice!! Esp for the price.

If it were me, and there were no upgrades coming in the future because I was sentimental, I would want my guy to be sure that I got the biggest stone possible..focusing on cut. I tend to feel as though if you can't SEE it..why pay for it. So an H or I SI in this instance in order to get the girl a larger stone would be how I would go. In the future when $$ is more plentiful, if you want to add to the ring, you won't even need to upgrade the stone, but add two .50c or .80c for a 3 stone look or similar. Plenty of bling bling and no real sacrifice on the first purchase!!
1.gif

My two cents...
1.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to say that the J/SI 1 looks da bomb! Super clean for an SI 1 too!
The I/SI 1 that Mara pointed out looks pretty amazing too! Great numbers and the price looks very competitive.
I found this one too... The price looks very good too, considering it's a branded stone:
Report: AGS
Shape: A Cut Above H&A
Carat: 1.015
Color: J
Clarity: VS2
Depth: 60.5
Table: 56
Crown Angle: 34.7
Crown %: 15.3
Pavilion Angle: 40.8
Pavilion %: 42.9
Girdle: 0.9%-1.7%
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Culet: Pointed
Fluorescence: Negligible
Measurements: 6.54-6.55X3.96
USD = 4,445.00

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
There's also a 1.09 G SI2 and a 1.13 H SI1 in DCD's Signature Series Ideals in your price range. Lots of bang for your buck.
1.gif
The H has medium blue flourescence, which helps the stone to face up a bit whiter. We considered these stones for my e-ring, and there ain't nothing wrong with 'em.
1.gif
I highly recommend DCD - Jim Schultz and Josh Cales are terrific to work with, and their prices are great. I have their platinum six prong-setting, and it's gorgeous - I've had a number of compliments on the setting alone, and it's only $325.
1.gif

Bottom line - I'd maximize size within your budget parameters, because I get the indication that your girlfriend would prefer a bigger stone.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooh 1.13 H SI sounds good too
1.gif
'Almost' true H&A...right?

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
"'Almost' true H&A...right?"

Yes Raphne. I am tempted to start the "what is true H&A?" debate here, but I won't, because I have work to do, dammit.
9.gif

They're both a really decent balance of size and quality, and I imagine that they'd be indistinguishable from stones marketed as 'true" H&A - without the premium.
1.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 12/5/2003 10:54:40 AM diane5006 wrote:

Hi AL dont' take this the wrong way...but as they say 'A bird in the hand...'

I understand your frustration...but you inquired...they bought...

I agree that they should have communicated with you better...and worked with you a bit...more...

I am sure you will find the perfect stone for you...
----------------

Diane, I didn't take that the wrong way at all....

wink2.gif

The point I was making is this: I didn't just make a *mild* inquiry on the stone.....I said that I was highly interested and just needed some information (that I cannot get because I'm not standing in their store). Had she provided me with that, I'd have BOUGHT that stone. I was more than clear all of the vendors that I was not "window shopping"....I was ready to buy if she could show me (through pics of the inclusions) what I needed to see.

I liken it to this: I'm at a car dealership, standing on the lot with the salesman. I ask him for a particular piece of documentation; he has to run inside and get it. On the way into the building to get that documentation, another guy intercepts my salesman and offers a check for the car I'm SERIOUSLY interested in buying. Sorry, but to me that's poor form.

I don't expect the salesman to forgo that sale if I'm looking at several cars on the lot and kicking the tires, but if I've said, "this car is just what I'm looking for....as long as you can document that it has side airbags, I'll take it"....he shouldn't take the check from the other guy.

Make sense?

someguy

Rough_Rock

Thank you so much everybody for all the suggestions.The more I think of it, the more I'm thinking that you are all right: that there's a better deal to be had.After all, you are the experts and not me!The only thing that I'm worried about now is telling GOG that I don't want the stone anymore that I have on hold?Will they get mad?Will I lose my $500 deposit?

Does anyone know if there actually is a noticeable difference between a very nice ideal cut stone and a nice H&A in terms of light return.I'm sure that they would both perform very well but would one diamond stand out?I guess the problem is that I havn't seen enough good quality diamonds with my own eyes to be able to know these things.I definitively don't want to pay for something that I can't see!

I'll look into all of your diamond suggestions.The problem with GOG is that it seems all of their diamonds are H&A, at least on the website.I wrote to them asking if they had any other ones that were a little bigger, but not perfect H&A.I also found a lot of other 1ct ideal cut EX/EX polish/symmetry diamonds at whiteflash:

http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-558890.htm (I, SI1)
http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-558901.htm (I, VS2)
http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-544943.htm (H, SI2)

These are a little more expensive, but with a cheaper setting it would be allright :

http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-558888.htm (H, VS2)
http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-513453.htm (H, VS2)
http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-547780.htm (I, VS2)

I asked Bob the cutter for more info and hopefully he gets back to me soon!

Cheers everyone!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 12/5/2003 2:23:24 PM someguy wrote:

Does anyone know if there actually is a noticeable difference between a very nice ideal cut stone and a nice H&A in terms of light return.I'm sure that they would both perform very well but would one diamond stand out? I guess the problem is that I havn't seen enough good quality diamonds with my own eyes to be able to know these things.

--------------

Some guy: Take a minute and reread what you wrote: "I guess the problem is that I haven't seen enough good quality diamonds with my own eyes". That's true because most people walking around don't have "good quality diamonds", so it doesn't really matter if you get an H&A or a really well-cut ideal non H&A diamond......either will look better than most of the stones around.

The point I'm trying to make is this: If you get a very nice Ideal cut stone, it's going to perform VERY well.....better than almost anything your girl's friends are wearing. It will look better than 95% of the diamonds walking around on hands in your city.

If you have the extra slush to get the "IF" equivalent of cut....the H&A....great. But it doesn't sound like you do, and I think you're splitting hairs over something that your eyes cannot see. Let me repeat that...your eyes won't see the difference.

If I were you, I'd select a non H&A stone with decent color and clarity. It will perform just as well as the H&A, and down the line you can upgrade to a "true" H&A.....which won't look "better", but you'll have the cool pattern too.

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
Some it appears form you last post that you havent contactec GOG re these issues...

I suggest that you contact them and see what they can do for you...

I am sure the other stones that have been suggested would be good too...but why don't you give GOG a chance to get you want you want...since you already have a relationship with them...such that it is

If you have...and they don't have what you need...and I missed something...sorry

Groovy Chick

Shiny_Rock
My 2 cents: That 1.09 G SI2 sounds brilliant if you can afford. Followed closely by the 1.13 H SI1. I have a G and i love that touch of extra whiteness over the H. It would be fab if you could hit that magic carat mark and 1.09 is a very impressionable size. To me, any clarity higher than SI is a waste of dosh. I prefer size to paper value. But i wouldn't go below H colour (I at a stretch). J would definately be too low for me.

Good luck with your search, and the proposal. I hope you have a lovely future together.

Pear Princess.

someguy

Rough_Rock
Phew, this is quite an ordeal! I hope that everyone isn't getting real annoyed at me. I called GOG, and they said that I could get my money back if I cancel within 72hrs. They're so nice! They also said that their entire inventory is on the webpage, so that helps me a little. In the 1ct range they have a J SI1 diamond for 4100, but I think that J is a little too yellow.

Heh, I also found this: http://www.dirtcheapdiamonds.com/diamond_detail.cfm?did=6900859 1.2ct, I, supposedly H&A, SI2 $4168 mystery diamond (something has to be seriously wrong with it...). I emailed them about it and am waiting for more info.

Allright, now I just have to wait 'till everyone gets back to me and see what happens!

Groovy Chick

Shiny_Rock
Okay, read my lips... "Yes, J is too yellow"! End of story. If i see any more capital Js in any of your posts i'll track you down and spank you!!
appl.gif

Pear Princess

someguy

Rough_Rock
Allright pear princess! J is too yellow, J is too yellow...
6.gif
That makes things easier
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results